PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Podcast: Rich Baldinger Talks Chiefs OL

Ace Gunner
03-08-2013, 08:50 PM
On 610 today;

http://www.610sports.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=6272783

Branden Albert is potentially better at LT than LG because he's no mauler

Rodney Hudson really shredded knee during that injury -- will he be back???

Asamoah isn't knocking guys off the ball in the red zone

Jake Long would fit well -- is an upgrade

Winston was disappointing especially for the dollars

last season's OL talent was a big reason they were 2 - 14

LoneWolf
03-08-2013, 08:55 PM
His last point is bullshit. Quinn and Cassel were two huge reasons for 2-14. Romeo's complete ineptness was another huge reason.

Charles had no problem finding running lanes behind last years OL and that was with every team knowing that KC couldn't throw the ball. Baldinger is like Maas without the guns and coke.

RealSNR
03-08-2013, 08:56 PM
He basically said Branden Albert isn't a good fit for Andy Reid's offense at LT.

WTF? LMAO

kcxiv
03-08-2013, 08:59 PM
the Chiefs got in the Red zone last year? did i misss something? lol

pr_capone
03-08-2013, 08:59 PM
last season's OL talent was a big reason they were 2 - 14

http://i.imgur.com/JEVbwCf.png

Hammock Parties
03-08-2013, 09:01 PM
it's all about the OL people

forget QB entirely

listen to the propaganda ministers of the true fans

OL is the most important position in professional sports

Ace Gunner
03-08-2013, 09:02 PM
meh, he saying Reid is going to find an OL because this one sucks. I concur. The Chiefs need to ditch the "one second offense".

It isn't so much that Reid is a "QB Guru" as it is he is a OL guru.

mcaj22
03-08-2013, 09:05 PM
well they are completely rebuilding or reconstructing the oline it seems

so as much as we liked the play last year i'd imagine it will look different this year so they must have concerns we do not.

you could have any combination of new guard, new center, new LT or RT pending whatever the hell they are thinking. Will be interesting how it plays out.

Ace Gunner
03-08-2013, 09:05 PM

forget QB entirely

did alex smith get good as his OL got good? yes. Harbaugh is a good OL coach too. He's had that OL playing good two seasons now.

mcaj22
03-08-2013, 09:06 PM
did alex smith get good as his OL got good? yes. Harbaugh is a good OL coach too. He's had that OL playing good two seasons now.

any fucking idiot can have all those first round picks on the 49ers oline playing well, they have like 3 cant miss prospects, a monkey could coach that and get praise

Ace Gunner
03-08-2013, 09:06 PM
y'all know the only time anything looks good offensively is when Jamaal is running to daylight all by his damn self.

LoneWolf
03-08-2013, 09:07 PM

I wasn't aware that Harbaugh coached the OL in San Fran?

Ace Gunner
03-08-2013, 09:08 PM
any ****ing idiot can have all those first round picks on the 49ers oline playing well, they have like 3 cant miss prospects, a monkey could coach that and get praise

buncha first rounders on the Chiefs DL..... guess that's all they needed

LoneWolf
03-08-2013, 09:09 PM
y'all know the only time anything looks good offensively is when Jamaal is running to daylight all by his damn self.

Chris Johnson says, "sup"!

Ace Gunner
03-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Chris Johnson says, "sup"!

fuck krissy

Ace Gunner
03-08-2013, 09:10 PM
I wasn't aware that Harbaugh coached the OL in San Fran?

oh that's right he coaches.... heads.

Deberg_1990
03-08-2013, 09:12 PM
His last point is bullshit. Quinn and Cassel were two huge reasons for 2-14. Romeo's complete ineptness was another huge reason.

Charles had no problem finding running lanes behind last years OL and that was with every team knowing that KC couldn't throw the ball. Baldinger is like Maas without the guns and coke.

ROFL

I agree with everything above

It's amazing how many alleged experts don't know jack

LoneWolf
03-08-2013, 09:15 PM
oh that's right he coaches.... heads.

You have no fucking clue what a head coach does. Harbaugh doesn't coach any OL technique or schemes as the head coach. He helps put the roster together and decide who plays, but the position coaches teach the technique. Harbaugh does coach the QBs because that is his area of expertise. Any improved play by he OL in San Fran can be attributed to the quality of the players on the roster and the job if their position coach.

Rasputin
03-08-2013, 09:16 PM
"Rodney Hudson really shredded knee during that injury -- will he be back???"

This is tidbit of news that if true has me worried about Rodney Hudson.

Who in the secon Oh, er I mean third round can we find a center to replace Rodney if his knee can't hold up?

Hammock Parties
03-08-2013, 09:16 PM
The OL wasn't a problem before scabs like Hochstein, Allen and Stephenson were all starting together.

Of course that's a shitty line.

Albert-Lilja-Hudson-Asamoah-Winston was a very solid group.

ILChief
03-08-2013, 09:17 PM
I thought Hudson broke his leg not shredded his knee

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Sep 27, 2012 – The Kansas City Chiefs will be without Rodney Hudson for the rest of the season after their starting center broke his leg in Sunday's win over

Hammock Parties
03-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Never trust a Baldinger.

ILChief
03-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Baldinger is a Moran

LoneWolf
Sep 27, 2012 – The Kansas City Chiefs will be without Rodney Hudson for the rest of the season after their starting center broke his leg in Sunday's win over

Never trust a man named Dick Baldinger.

LoneWolf
Never trust a Baldinger.

Damn you!

RealSNR
03-08-2013, 11:22 PM
Nice link, chiefsfootballfan.

Dumbass.

Ace Gunner
03-09-2013, 06:20 AM
You have no ****ing clue what a head coach does. Harbaugh doesn't coach any OL technique or schemes as the head coach. He helps put the roster together and decide who plays, but the position coaches teach the technique. Harbaugh does coach the QBs because that is his area of expertise. Any improved play by he OL in San Fran can be attributed to the quality of the players on the roster and the job if their position coach.

you have never played football have you. The HC designs the team from personnel, coaches & schemes to blocking techniques, play calls and packages. a good football team plays & looks like they are on the same page. That is is what a good HC does.

LoneWolf
03-09-2013, 07:49 AM
you have never played football have you. The HC designs the team from personnel, coaches & schemes to blocking techniques, play calls and packages. a good football team plays & looks like they are on the same page. That is is what a good HC does.

I played football from the time I was 8 years old until I was 20. In Pop Warner ball, sure the head coach had his hands in coaching all positions including technique.

In high school, the position coaches coached technique and scheme while the head coach designed the game plan. The head coach would go from position group to position group during practice and observe, but he rarely interjected himself into the technique side of the coaching except for the linebackers since he played linebacker in college.

The two years I played small college ball before transferring to Notre Dame (where I obviously didn't pull a Rudy and walk on) the coach was more like a CEO. He set the direction of the team, made decisions about overall strategy, and decided who should play.

Do you honestly think Harbaugh is coaching the OL in San Fran to the point he could take credit for any improvement in their play?

Rausch
03-09-2013, 07:52 AM
On 610 today;

http://www.610sports.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=6272783

Rodney Hudson really shredded knee during that injury -- will he be back???

http://www.fybertech.com/4thread/v_131898615/1331164137949.jpg

patteeu
03-09-2013, 09:08 AM
any ****ing idiot can have all those first round picks on the 49ers oline playing well, they have like 3 cant miss prospects, a monkey could coach that and get praise

The conventional wisdom around here is that investing valuable draft picks in guys like that is a waste of resources.

BlackHelicopters
03-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Red Zone = all the empty red seats at Camarohead.

Ace Gunner
03-09-2013, 09:53 AM
I played football from the time I was 8 years old until I was 20. In Pop Warner ball, sure the head coach had his hands in coaching all positions including technique.

In high school, the position coaches coached technique and scheme while the head coach designed the game plan. The head coach would go from position group to position group during practice and observe, but he rarely interjected himself into the technique side of the coaching except for the linebackers since he played linebacker in college.

The two years I played small college ball before transferring to Notre Dame (where I obviously didn't pull a Rudy and walk on) the coach was more like a CEO. He set the direction of the team, made decisions about overall strategy, and decided who should play.

Do you honestly think Harbaugh is coaching the OL in San Fran to the point he could take credit for any improvement in their play?

hell yes. he runs that offense during practice. his position coaches do obvious stuff you already pointed out, but when they are installing plays etc Harbaugh runs that team. If his linemen are doing it the right way, you'll never hear Harbaugh "coach the OL" per se, but if they don't block the play proper, you can bet Harbaugh is on the OL, coaching them to perform the play proper.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Geez. No wonder casual fans are so stupid. They listen to guys like this that should be full of great knowledge and take their crap takes as gospel. Almost everything he said was a flat lie or wrong.

Ace Gunner
03-09-2013, 09:57 AM
I thought Hudson broke his leg not shredded his knee

he did both according to RB.

LoneWolf
03-09-2013, 10:15 AM
hell yes. he runs that offense during practice. his position coaches do obvious stuff you already pointed out, but when they are installing plays etc Harbaugh runs that team. If his linemen are doing it the right way, you'll never hear Harbaugh "coach the OL" per se, but if they don't block the play proper, you can bet Harbaugh is on the OL, coaching them to perform the play proper.

How can you be this stupid and not have died already because you forgot to breath or were hit by a bus because you walked into traffic?

Not blocking the play properly has nothing to do with footwork, hand placement, leverage, etc... You know, all the things that make offensive lineman better. Harbaugh telling the OL that they didn't block the play correctly, for example "hey, your supposed to let the DT go and block the MLB and the DT will get picked up by the pilling guard" is great, but would be explained during film study in the position meetings.

Harbaugh has very little to nothing to do with actual improvement by the OL.

CoMoChief
03-09-2013, 10:29 AM
I dont know why people around here are high on Asamoah and Allen.

Regardless of where they were picked, they're both average at best and can be easily replaced by better players IMO.

This team still needs OL depth. We got rid of Winston, so that's a body/position that needs replacement. There's a good chance Hudson doesn't come back to his old self. He needs someone to replace him if necessary. Lilja retired. Allen flat out sucks. What about Albert? Will he be here after this season? Coaches think long term not just what the roster needs right now ya know..

There's more problems with our Oline than people are willing to admit. That's why drafting Joeckel now isn't such a stupid idea. If there was a QB worth taking 1-1 I'd be all for it regardless of the situation...but there's not.

milkman
03-09-2013, 12:13 PM

Regardless of where they were picked, they're both average at best and can be easily replaced by better players IMO.

This team still needs OL depth. We got rid of Winston, so that's a body/position that needs replacement. There's a good chance Hudson doesn't come back to his old self. He needs someone to replace him if necessary. Lilja retired. Allen flat out sucks. What about Albert? Will he be here after this season? Coaches think long term not just what the roster needs right now ya know..

There's more problems with our Oline than people are willing to admit. That's why drafting Joeckel now isn't such a stupid idea. If there was a QB worth taking 1-1 I'd be all for it regardless of the situation...but there's not.

I don't give a rat's ass if this O-Line is the worst ever fielded in NFL history.

Drafting an OT #1 overall whne that pick only effectively upgrades the RTT or a guard position is monumentally stupid.

And it is not surprising that a monumental dumbass endorses the plan.

Chiefnj2
03-09-2013, 12:23 PM
I don't give a rat's ass if this O-Line is the worst ever fielded in NFL history.

Drafting an OT #1 overall whne that pick only effectively upgrades the RTT or a guard position is monumentally stupid.

And it is not surprising that a monumental dumbass endorses the plan.

It's an acceptable move if they don't like albert

milkman
03-09-2013, 12:37 PM
It's an acceptable move if they don't like albert

You and CoMo come from the same gene pool?

It is not acceptable.

You don't tag a guy you don't like.

Rausch
03-09-2013, 12:38 PM

It is not acceptable.

Agreed...

Chiefnj2
03-09-2013, 12:41 PM

It is not acceptable.

If they plan on making a trade they do.

patteeu
03-09-2013, 12:41 PM

It is not acceptable.

What's the downside?

milkman
03-09-2013, 12:51 PM
If they plan on making a trade they do.

Maybe should be clear if that's what you are discussing.

milkman
03-09-2013, 12:54 PM
What's the downside?

You're paying 10 mil for a guy you don't like.

patteeu
03-09-2013, 01:37 PM
You're paying 10 mil for a guy you don't like.

You don't keep him if you don't like him (and you have an alternative), but you don't have to keep him just because you tagged him. He could be traded or have his tag rescinded, couldn't he?

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2013, 01:44 PM

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-09-2013, 01:46 PM

forget QB entirely

I can't believe people still propagate trench warfare as the only philosophy that matters in the modern NFL. Racca.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
03-09-2013, 03:11 PM
You don't keep him if you don't like him (and you have an alternative), but you don't have to keep him just because you tagged him. He could be traded or have his tag rescinded, couldn't he?

:facepalm:

patteeu
03-09-2013, 04:23 PM
:facepalm:

I take it that means you can't think of a real downside afterall.

Ace Gunner
03-09-2013, 04:38 PM

yes and baldinger said as much. Dorsey and Reid are going to completely replace this OL over the next 2 seasons. They might become decent some of them, but good they are not. baldy's point that none of these OL guys have any ability to move players out of the box is true. They suck.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-09-2013, 04:40 PM
yes and baldinger said as much. Dorsey and Reid are going to completely replace this OL over the next 2 seasons. They might become decent some of them, but good they are not. baldy's point that none of these OL guys have any ability to move players out of the box is true. They suck.

You are just as full of fail as Baldy

Ace Gunner
03-09-2013, 04:41 PM
I can't believe people still propagate trench warfare as the only philosophy that matters in the modern NFL. Racca.
Posted via Mobile Device

hey, I am only the messenger. Dorsey/Reid is your "people".

MahiMike
03-09-2013, 04:41 PM

forget QB entirely

Well, try winning a football game without one...

Ace Gunner
03-09-2013, 04:43 PM
You are just as full of fail as Baldy

and you are just as much a POS as the OL was. so there's that.

Hammock Parties
03-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Well, try winning a football game without one...

Our OL was good enough to win a god damn division championship in 2010.

What held us back?

Conversely, did the 2007 Giants, who had the worst line in football, win a Super Bowl? Why?

Fuck all true fans and all members of the Baldinger family.

Ace Gunner
03-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Our OL was good enough to win a god damn division championship in 2010.

What held us back?

Conversely, did the 2007 Giants, who had the worst line in football, win a Super Bowl? Why?

**** all true fans and all members of the Baldinger family.

seymour and kelly own the chiefs. in fact any DL with some players owns the Chiefs. Like say, the Ravens.

patteeu
03-09-2013, 05:04 PM
seymour and kelly own the chiefs. in fact any DL with some players owns the Chiefs. Like say, the Ravens.

Truth. It's unfortunate that some people feel the need to discount the importance of the OLine in order to justify their QB takes.

milkman
03-09-2013, 05:49 PM
I take it that means you can't think of a real downside afterall.

No dumbass.

The premise presented by CoMo is that you are tagging your best O-Lineman and drafting the guy viewed by some as the best in the draft.

Tagging Albertg to trade him is an entirely different discussion.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-09-2013, 05:53 PM
and you are just as much a POS as the OL was. so there's that.

The line wasn't a POS, opened some great running lanes, and was doomed by bad QB play, so I take that as a compliment.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-09-2013, 05:54 PM

Chiefs ran for 300 on the Ravens and they KNEW the team wasn't going to pass. Our O-line pushed their shit in that game.

Ace Gunner
03-09-2013, 06:00 PM
No bro. Jamaal fucking Charles has been running behind all five of your grandmas. the fuckng guy is special like that. really. like barry fucking sanders special. but it is wasted.

milkman
03-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Truth. It's unfortunate that some people feel the need to discount the importance of the OLine in order to justify their QB takes.

No one is discounting the importance of the O-Line.

We are discounting the absolutely moronic idea pushed by fucking idiots like you that we need to throw first round draft picks at every god damn year.

Ace Gunner
03-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Chiefs ran for 300 on the Ravens and they KNEW the team wasn't going to pass. Our O-line pushed their shit in that game.

pfffft.

BossChief
03-09-2013, 06:01 PM

The last two days, ESPN has been scrolling that the Chiefs are negotiating a long term contract with Albert.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-09-2013, 06:03 PM
No one is discounting the importance of the O-Line.

We are discounting the absolutely moronic idea pushed by fucking idiots like you that we need to throw first round draft picks at every god damn year.

I will. You can win a Super Bowl with a bad O-line, you have to have high level QB play. We didn't have a bad line. In fact we had a pretty good/young unit. Cutting Winston and then drafting Jekyll or whoever to play RT would be one of the bigger fails in team draft history.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-09-2013, 06:07 PM
pfffft.

Absolutely pushed their shit in. If not for Cassel we would have raped them.

Ace Gunner
03-09-2013, 06:11 PM
Absolutely pushed their shit in. If not for Cassel we would have raped them.

no. if not for cassel, we would have at least made it respectable. they beat Jamaal down after the TD and that's where it all came to a close.

Ace Gunner
03-09-2013, 06:12 PM
the defense was fire that game -- they kept it close for almost 45 minutes.

milkman
03-09-2013, 06:13 PM
I will. You can win a Super Bowl with a bad O-line, you have to have high level QB play. We didn't have a bad line. In fact we had a pretty good/young unit. Cutting Winston and then drafting Jekyll or whoever to play RT would be one of the bigger fails in team draft history.

Both Aaron Rodgers and Eli Manning had brilliant playoff seasons in their SB wins.

But they are exceptions, along with a guy like Ben Roethlisberger.

Most QBs do need adequate protection.

At the end of the day, however, I don't give a rat's if you have the Cowboys line of the 90s or the Roaf/Shields line of the start of this milenium, you ain't winning jack with a mediocre QB

Pasta Little Brioni
03-09-2013, 06:14 PM
no. if not for cassel, we would have at least made it respectable. they beat Jamaal down after the TD and that's where it all came to a close.

We lost 9-6 :#

You seem to be talking about the playoff game for some unknown reason.

milkman
03-09-2013, 06:17 PM

The Ravens adjusted at the half by putting everyone but your worthless parents in the box and daring Cassel to beat them.

Before that adjustment, the Chiefs line was abusing the Ravens.

Ace Gunner
03-09-2013, 06:18 PM
We lost 9-6 :#

You seem to be talking about the playoff game for some unknown reason.

oh, you're talking this year. look, there is a lot of raw talent on this team. the OL had some of that. But JFC they wer not a OL that provided blocking for adequate amounts of time. it's just raw talent. there isn't anything developing with those guys.

milkman
03-09-2013, 06:25 PM
oh, you're talking this year. look, there is a lot of raw talent on this team. the OL had some of that. But JFC they wer not a OL that provided blocking for adequate amounts of time. it's just raw talent. there isn't anything developing with those guys.

Oh, jesus fuck.

Did your parents use your head as a hammer when you were a baby?

patteeu
03-09-2013, 06:58 PM
No dumbass.

The premise presented by CoMo is that you are tagging your best O-Lineman and drafting the guy viewed by some as the best in the draft.

Tagging Albertg to trade him is an entirely different discussion.

You're imagining things. Either that or making them up in a futile effort to save face.

patteeu
03-09-2013, 07:01 PM
The last two days, ESPN has been scrolling that the Chiefs are negotiating a long term contract with Albert.

First, I'm aware of that, but you never know how much truth there is to that kind of report.

Second, either way, it doesn't change the fact that Milkman's comment was wrong.

milkman
03-09-2013, 07:52 PM
First, I'm aware of that, but you never know how much truth there is to that kind of report.

Second, either way, it doesn't change the fact that Milkman's comment was wrong.

Go back and read his post, you dipshit.

He is presenting an argument to improve the line this, the part that I addressed with my post.

I am not essentially drafting to improve my RT or guard position.

Now he also says essentially that drafting Joekel is insurance against Albet not being here next year.

That means he is not presenting a case for franchisin Albert to trade him.

I didn't address that.

Now shut the fuck up and go back to diddling yourself.

patteeu
03-10-2013, 07:06 AM
Go back and read his post, you dipshit.

He is presenting an argument to improve the line this, the part that I addressed with my post.

I am not essentially drafting to improve my RT or guard position.

Now he also says essentially that drafting Joekel is insurance against Albet not being here next year.

That means he is not presenting a case for franchisin Albert to trade him.

I didn't address that.

Now shut the **** up and go back to diddling yourself.

Your revisionist history doesn't match this thread.

milkman
03-10-2013, 07:16 AM

Read the bolded line, dumbass

Revisionist history, my ass.

boogblaster
03-10-2013, 07:20 AM
OL is being addressed I think ... we have so many needs everywhere .. where do ya start ....

patteeu
03-10-2013, 07:26 AM
Read the bolded line, dumbass

Revisionist history, my ass.

You're hanging your hat on an impossibly thin reed in a ridiculous attempt to save face. It would have been smarter to just admit you weren't thinking of all the angles when you went off half-cocked.

My advice to you, take it or leave it, is to try to think these things through a little more before you hit the submit button.

milkman
03-10-2013, 07:44 AM
You're hanging your hat on an impossibly thin reed in a ridiculous attempt to save face. It would have been smarter to just admit you weren't thinking of all the angles when you went off half-cocked.

My advice to you, take it or leave it, is to try to think these things through a little more before you hit the submit button.

Go fuck yourself with a rusty knife.

I proved my side.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-10-2013, 10:16 AM
No bro. Jamaal fucking Charles has been running behind all five of your grandmas. the fuckng guy is special like that. really. like barry fucking sanders special. but it is wasted.

Yep, it has NOTHING to do with starting a QB that NO ONE has a shred of fear of to keep opposing D's honest, right? But hey; we just addressed that problem so no worries.....lololololololololmaoFAIL.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni
03-10-2013, 10:17 AM
Yep, it has NOTHING to do with starting a QB that NO ONE has a shred of fear of to keep opposing D's honest, right? But hey; we just addressed that problem so no worries.....lololololololololmaoFAIL.
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't mind him. Buzz ate a few too many paint chips as a kid.

Ace Gunner
03-10-2013, 10:30 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

they haven't had a QB in KC since Green. they haven't had an OL since then either. clown.

Ace Gunner
03-10-2013, 10:30 AM
Don't mind him. Buzz ate a few too many paint chips as a kid.

I'd like to shove a suicide bomber up your ass sometimes. boom.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-10-2013, 10:34 AM
they haven't had a QB in KC since Green. they haven't had an OL since then either. clown.

Guess what? That Vermeil line you love fapping to? You'll never see that in the NFL much less KC again. And you REALLY no how to miss a point, you stupid dunt.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni
03-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Chiefs have had a pretty good line the last several seasons, but it just isn't good enough for the Tru Fans.

Ace Gunner
03-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Guess what? That Vermeil line you love fapping to? You'll never see that in the NFL much less KC again. And you REALLY no how to miss a point, you stupid dunt.
Posted via Mobile Device

40 ****ing sacks last season dipshit. I know your too ****ing Geno-tized to understand the blocking was for shit the past zillion seasons, but Reid isn't rolling that shit out anymore. If he keeps Albert then he's likely to replace the rest over the next two seasons. Reid is rolling in the big boys, that's how he rolls and he may trade Albert to get somebody bigger in his place.

patteeu
03-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

We saw it just a few weeks ago in the Super Bowl. San Francisco has a pretty good offensive line.

patteeu
03-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Chiefs have had a pretty good line the last several seasons, but it just isn't good enough for the Tru Fans.

It's not good enough to give the team a good chance of success either.

WhiteWhale
03-10-2013, 12:03 PM
We saw it just a few weeks ago in the Super Bowl. San Francisco has a pretty good offensive line.

That OL is not comparable to what KC had. Good isn't comparable to an OL that had 3 HOF caliber players on it.

Anyone who thinks Cassel and Quinn were victims of the OL, and not the other way around, is a fuckin dipshit.

patteeu
03-10-2013, 12:35 PM
That OL is not comparable to what KC had. Good isn't comparable to an OL that had 3 HOF caliber players on it.

Anyone who thinks Cassel and Quinn were victims of the OL, and not the other way around, is a ****in dipshit.

The Chiefs OL didn't have 3 HoF caliber players on it.

It doesn't have to be an either/or situation. The QBs sucked and the OL wasn't good enough.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-10-2013, 12:37 PM
40 ****ing sacks last season dipshit. I know your too ****ing Geno-tized to understand the blocking was for shit the past zillion seasons, but Reid isn't rolling that shit out anymore. If he keeps Albert then he's likely to replace the rest over the next two seasons. Reid is rolling in the big boys, that's how he rolls and he may trade Albert to get somebody bigger in his place.

QB play anyone???

Cassel was sacked twice as much as Brady sandwiched in between many seasons of success for Tom. Guess their line only sucked ass for that one season LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni
03-10-2013, 12:38 PM
It's not good enough to give the team a good chance of success either.

Bullshit. The QB play hasn't given the team any chance of success. The team has ran the ball at will the last several seasons with no threat of a passing game at all.

Ace Gunner
03-10-2013, 01:27 PM
QB play anyone???

Cassel was sacked twice as much as Brady sandwiched in between many seasons of success for Tom. Guess their line only sucked ass for that one season LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Brady Quinn's 21 sacks are fisting you right now dumbass

patteeu
03-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Bullshit. The QB play hasn't given the team any chance of success. The team has ran the ball at will the last several seasons with no threat of a passing game at all.

Did Peyton Hillis run the ball at will in 2012? How about Thomas Jones in 2010 or 2011?

The Chiefs haven't had a back with 150+ carries over 4.0 yards per attempt in the past 3 years besides Jamaal Charles. Jackie Battle came the closest with 4.0 YPA on 149 carries in 2011. Dexter McCluster had a good 4.5 YPA average in 2011, but it was on only 114 carries. Here are the others:

2012 Peyton Hillis 3.6 YPA on 309 carries
2012 Shaun Draughn 3.9 YPA on 233 carries
2011 Thomas Jones 3.1 YPA on 153 carries
2010 Thomas Jones 3.7 YPA on 245 carries

That's dismal. Add to that the struggles the Chiefs have had converting short yardage and goal line situations and you realize you've got OL problems. A better QB will help, but it's not a panacea.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-10-2013, 01:46 PM

Anyone who thinks Cassel and Quinn were victims of the OL, and not the other way around, is a fuckin dipshit.

aaaaaand thank you.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
03-10-2013, 01:49 PM
The Chiefs OL didn't have 3 HoF caliber players on it.

It doesn't have to be an either/or situation. The QBs sucked and the OL wasn't good enough.

A QB worth a shit overcomes the supposed "garbage" on the offensive line. Remember Kyle Orton?

When your starting QBs are a bunch of Cassels, Quinns, and now Alex Smiths, your offensive line needs all those HOFers and 1st round picks to accomplish anything.

It's up to you, but you can choose to spend all those resources and all that money on keeping FIVE positions stocked with incredible and well-coached talent, or you can bite the bullet and find a 16th-or-better ranked QB who doesn't shit his pants when the offensive line doesn't block exactly the way the play was designed.

I think we are all advocating for both methods to be implemented. The difference is that I and milkman are advocating finding the QB first, so that when you do find OL players worth a shit, retards like you and CoMo don't ascribe equal blame to the line AND the abortion of a QB.

But it appears that you and CoMo are going to get your way. Again. For the 7342nd time in 30 years. We're going to build the line first and just hope Jesus blesses us with the winning lottery ticket of a QB in a Tom Brady or Russell Wilson. Just the way you wanted it.

RealSNR
03-10-2013, 01:54 PM
What happens when we have Alex Smith and Luke Joeckel and the offensive line continues to run into the occasional rough patch against tough defensive lines?

KEEP BUILDING THE LINE, BOYS! ALBERT ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH! REPLACE ASAMOAH! DRAFT A CENTER IN THE 1ST ROUND IF YOU HAVE TO! IF JOECKEL ISN'T WORKING OUT, KEEP SEARCHING UNTIL YOU GET IT RIGHT! WE GOTTA FIND THAT PERFECT OL BEFORE WE PUT A REAL QB BACK THERE!

patteeu
03-10-2013, 01:59 PM
A QB worth a shit overcomes the supposed "garbage" on the offensive line. Remember Kyle Orton?

When your starting QBs are a bunch of Cassels, Quinns, and now Alex Smiths, your offensive line needs all those HOFers and 1st round picks to accomplish anything.

It's up to you, but you can choose to spend all those resources and all that money on keeping FIVE positions stocked with incredible and well-coached talent, or you can bite the bullet and find a 16th-or-better ranked QB who doesn't shit his pants when the offensive line doesn't block exactly the way the play was designed.

I think we are all advocating for both methods to be implemented. The difference is that I and milkman are advocating finding the QB first, so that when you do find OL players worth a shit, retards like you and CoMo don't ascribe equal blame to the line AND the abortion of a QB.

But it appears that you and CoMo are going to get your way. Again. For the 7342nd time in 30 years. We're going to build the line first and just hope Jesus blesses us with the winning lottery ticket of a QB in a Tom Brady or Russell Wilson. Just the way you wanted it.

Getting the line first isn't my way. My way is getting whatever pieces are available first. I see no reason why we should put go out of our way to avoid improving the line until after we find a QB. If the Chiefs believe in Geno Smith or any of the other QBs in the draft, they'll take one with 1.1. If not, the BPA is a great approach, IMO, even if it turns out to be a tackle.

RealSNR
03-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Getting the line first isn't my way. My way is getting whatever pieces are available first. I see no reason why we should put go out of our way to avoid improving the line until after we find a QB. If the Chiefs believe in Geno Smith or any of the other QBs in the draft, they'll take one with 1.1. If not, the BPA is a great approach, IMO, even if it turns out to be a tackle.

Even if that BPA pick is used on a G, C, or RT, perhaps the three absolute WORST positions you can draft at 1.1 relative to their value on the field?

Pasta Little Brioni
03-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Brady Quinn's 21 sacks are fisting you right now dumbass

They are? Brady Quinn is fucking garbage as well. Guess what Alex Smith got sacked 40 plus times behind a damn good Niner line, so it isn't going to get better even with Joke.

patteeu
03-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Even if that BPA pick is used on a G, C, or RT, perhaps the three absolute WORST positions you can draft at 1.1 relative to their value on the field?

Deciding on which player is BPA should include consideration of the importance of the position. That's why I said that they should take a QB if they believe in one of them. But yes, even if, after accounting for positional importance, the BPA is a G, C, or RT (or even punter). That must mean you've got a pretty craptastic class though.

O.city
03-10-2013, 02:52 PM
This is a pretty shit class at the top. If they want to take Fisher to be a bookend RT, fine, do it. It's about the only guy that makes sense at this point if we sign another CB.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Lou Zare folks placing sack blame on a team with 2 top 10 tackles at their respective sides over 2 QB's playing some of the shittiest football the league has ever seen.

Ace Gunner
03-10-2013, 03:11 PM

no, that's not it. pat & I are on board with drafting a QB etc, but y'all saying a QB is going shine this turd OL ain't happening. There were two veteran linemen on the 2011 team that made a diff compared with last season's OL.

There were times throughout the past 7 seasons where the Chiefs could "have something in the OL" but there were a lot more times where this OL was a goddamn circus attraction and Jamaal looked amazing for getting his big runs in all that mayhem.

Last season's OL was fool's gold again. But what's more important about this thread is that Baldy is telling Reid's moves and they are going to sweep out the members of this OL, many of them.

I'd still grab Geno Smith with the first pick if it were me. Eric Fisher is a dime a dozen, Joeckel is cool too, but none of the guys up top have the wow factor Geno Smith has for me. if I was doing it, I'd get FA RT and a C/OG from FA also.

I know a lot of guys I argue with would like having Geno here too, but the more I look at the info concerning Dorsey/Reid, the more I doubt Geno Smith is going to become the pick.

Ace Gunner
03-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Did Peyton Hillis run the ball at will in 2012? How about Thomas Jones in 2010 or 2011?

The Chiefs haven't had a back with 150+ carries over 4.0 yards per attempt in the past 3 years besides Jamaal Charles. Jackie Battle came the closest with 4.0 YPA on 149 carries in 2011. Dexter McCluster had a good 4.5 YPA average in 2011, but it was on only 114 carries. Here are the others:

2012 Peyton Hillis 3.6 YPA on 309 carries
2012 Shaun Draughn 3.9 YPA on 233 carries
2011 Thomas Jones 3.1 YPA on 153 carries
2010 Thomas Jones 3.7 YPA on 245 carries

That's dismal. Add to that the struggles the Chiefs have had converting short yardage and goal line situations and you realize you've got OL problems. A better QB will help, but it's not a panacea.

and nailed it.

O.city
03-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Hillis had 309 carries this year? Thats damn near 20 carries per game, I don't think thats right.

O.city
03-10-2013, 03:21 PM
A RB averaging 4 yards per carry is dismal?

Pasta Little Brioni
03-10-2013, 03:22 PM
There is no way Hillis had 300 carries

Guess the team would average over 200 yards a game rushing with a decent line, eh guys LMAO Would have had 400 on Baltimore and Indy

Ace Gunner
03-10-2013, 03:22 PM
This is a pretty shit class at the top. If they want to take Fisher to be a bookend RT, fine, do it. It's about the only guy that makes sense at this point if we sign another CB.

:cuss:if this guy turns out to be a RT exclusively and the Chiefs ended up drafting a RT with #1 I am going to cease being a Chiefs fan.

Ace Gunner
03-10-2013, 03:24 PM
pat that is a mistake -- "309 yds, 85 carries"

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HillPe00.htm

O.city
03-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Alot of our OL problems will/could be fixed by fixing the QB spot, obviously. Look at what a smart vet like Orton was able to do.

Fixed simply by not allowing the defense to put 8/9 in the box and just play downhill cause we have no pass game.

We need work up front, but not sure it's a major overhaul.

Ace Gunner
03-10-2013, 03:26 PM

ya but we are talking about a guy avging 23 yds/game.

Easy 6
03-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Hillis had 309 carries this year? Thats damn near 20 carries per game, I don't think thats right.

Yeah right... that math isnt adding up, that sorry **** didnt even get ten a game.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Alot of our OL problems will/could be fixed by fixing the QB spot, obviously. Look at what a smart vet like Orton was able to do.

Fixed simply by not allowing the defense to put 8/9 in the box and just play downhill cause we have no pass game.

Imagine that!!!!!!!!! Teams also knew they could blitz us at will and the QB's could not only not change the correct protection, but couldn't read it worth a shit to make the correct hot read.

We had a nice line with some young potential on it before cutting Winston. Now, it appears we are pissing away the prime pick in the draft to "maybe" upgrade RT. Probably downgrade for a season or 2 TBH.

Ace Gunner

2011 and 2012 are different OL's. way way different OL's imo.

O.city
We aren't going to be a rushing team with Reid in here anyway. We need our OL to pass block, when the opponent knows we are throwing.

It's going to be crucial that Reid keeps good balance in regards to that.

O.city
03-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Orton was able to do what he did without Charles running wild too.

patteeu
03-10-2013, 03:31 PM

You're right, I read the table wrong. He had 85 carries. 309 yards. (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/2012.htm)

Ace Gunner
03-10-2013, 03:32 PM
We aren't going to be a rushing team with Reid in here anyway. We need our OL to pass block, when the opponent knows we are throwing.

It's going to be crucial that Reid keeps good balance in regards to that.

when you look at what Reid did in philly beyond the QB, he consistently had very good OL's made up of big players.

patteeu
03-10-2013, 03:34 PM

Having one RB in 3 years (not named Jamaal Charles) averaging 4.0 yards per carry is dismal. Did you look at the entire post or were you too focused on that one number to see the rest?

BTW, Peyton Hillis had a couple of really nice runs last year too. But his body of work for the season sucked.

O.city
03-10-2013, 03:34 PM
They want versatility up front. Not just a zbs team, but one that can effectively pull reach etc.

They're probably replacing the LG spot and the RT spot. Maybe they put Allen at RT. Dunno.

But I'd venture to say they upgrade the LG spot somehow.

patteeu
03-10-2013, 03:35 PM
pat that is a mistake -- "309 yds, 85 carries"

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HillPe00.htm

Yep. Thanks.

O.city
03-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Having one RB in 3 years (not named Jamaal Charles) averaging 4.0 yards per carry is dismal. Did you look at the entire post or were you too focused on that one number to see the rest?

BTW, Peyton Hillis had a couple of really nice runs last year too. But his body of work for the season sucked.

At this point, it really doesn't matter. I'd venture to say we aren't going to be rushing the football near like we have the previous 4 years.

It's the reason we dropped Winston. He is a pure ZBS guy who is a good run blocker, but struggles int he pass game.

patteeu
03-10-2013, 03:44 PM
At this point, it really doesn't matter. I'd venture to say we aren't going to be rushing the football near like we have the previous 4 years.

It's the reason we dropped Winston. He is a pure ZBS guy who is a good run blocker, but struggles int he pass game.

I agree.

O.city
03-10-2013, 03:51 PM
I do think that at this point BPA and need might match each other in the first round, but I hate to take a RT with the first overall pick.

However, our RT is going to have to block the same type of pass rushers as our LT in todays NFL, so I don't know that it's a huge waste of a pick. Especially when you look at what is at the top of this draft.

I do think it's a moot point, in that we will end up trading down, but that doesn't discount the fact we need a good pass blocking RT.

milkman
03-10-2013, 03:56 PM
Looking at scrub RB numbers and equating that to OL failure is moronic.

Bewbies
03-10-2013, 04:04 PM
Charles #'s (nearly best per carry of all time) have 0 to do with the line, backup scrubs sucking ass has everything to do with the line.

Right.