PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Hey chiefs fans

tooge
03-09-2013, 12:37 AM
Fans of the Kansas City Chiefs. It's been a long time and alot of bad decisions and bad breaks. 18 Years really, since the Chiefs were relevant.

I know you all forgot, it's been soooo long. Guess what? This is how a young, smart, hungry GM and head coach go about improving the product on the field now, and setting the franchise up for Yeats of success in the future.

These guys are movers and shakers. They are doing what it takes, not only to win now, but it's going to be evident by the end of FA and the draft, that the future is being planned as well.

So, this is how it is done. You can save this post and call me out in five years if you wish, but I'm pretty sure we've finally got a leadership team we can count on.

Fritz88
03-09-2013, 12:37 AM
Kiss me now.

AussieChiefsFan
03-09-2013, 12:38 AM
Despite Alex Smith. It's difficult not to get a little excited.

In58men
Alex Smith is not a "how it's done" type of QB.

KurtCobain
I know this is how it's fucking done. let's go Kansas fucking city fucking chiefs! We got this shit.

MoreLemonPledge
http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/69/fb03ce6fa0719f38f761f46389116e18/l.jpg

KurtCobain
03-09-2013, 12:39 AM
and I'm not being sarcastic or funny at all, reid and Dorsey are killing it. badass

Cephalic Trauma
03-09-2013, 12:40 AM
Thanks for sharing:shrug:

pr_capone
03-09-2013, 12:40 AM
Despite Alex Smith. It's difficult not to get a little excited.

THIS

My renewing of tickets still requires the team to draft a QBotF but I'm looking forward to see what this team does next season.

pr_capone
03-09-2013, 12:41 AM
Nick Athan's horseshit magazine

GET THAT BULLSHIT OUT OF CP

B14ckmon
03-09-2013, 12:43 AM
I'm only here cus I thought the Chiefs would take Geno :(

MoreLemonPledge

Well....bye.

RealSNR
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/128/485/rape_time.png?1306779764

KurtCobain
03-09-2013, 12:44 AM

neither is your face

griZZly64
even if they do end up failing, i prefer to see our team making moves in an attempt to improve. Previously it did not feel as if our team was aggressively trying to win. Taking chances or making a big splash is always the way to go. Some times you'll swing n whiff big time, but if you stay consistent and continue to swing.. something good is bound to happen.

tooge

I'm or a big ASmith fan either, but this group realizes that we didn't have a QB on the roster capable of winning in the NFL. So, they went and got one.

This, of course, was just the start. Wait till FA is done. I'll bet we have a guard and DE also. We signed a stopgap corner, we'll draft another.

I'm lovin this FO.

I like Geno Smith. Maybe we get him, who knows. I do know this, this FO has a plan and is executing it quickly. Gotta love that!

O.city
03-09-2013, 12:45 AM
Yes excited. Even with Alex smith they won't go all crony like pioli and cassel. They'll constantly look for the next guy

Cephalic Trauma
03-09-2013, 12:47 AM
and I'm not being sarcastic or funny at all, reid and Dorsey are killing it. badass

How exactly?

The only guy they've brought in that wasn't on this team was dunta mother ****ing robinson.

No, they are not killing it.

Edit: And Alex Smith.

Either you guys have the lowest standards ever, or you just need something to be excited about.

tooge
03-09-2013, 12:48 AM
Yes excited. Even with Alex smith they won't go all crony like ***** and cassel. They'll constantly look for the next guy

My point exactly. They see a hole in the roster and they fill it with the best guy available at the time.

KurtCobain
03-09-2013, 12:50 AM
How exactly?

The only guy they've brought in that wasn't on this team was dunta mother ****ing robinson.

And alex Smith... not much more they can do because it's not even the new league year yet dumbass

MotherfuckerJones
03-09-2013, 12:50 AM

Peace!nlm

B14ckmon
03-09-2013, 12:51 AM
Peace!nlm

Who said I was leaving out nig nog? Too many fellow Iowans for me to do that.

tooge
03-09-2013, 12:53 AM
How exactly?

Huh?

They signed Bowe. They franchised Albert. They signed Colquit. They signed Alex Smith. They signed Robinson.

Don't you see what they are doing? They are essentially signing the best guys available at positions of need. They will do the same in the draft after free agency is over and they know what holes they have.

Cephalic Trauma
03-09-2013, 12:53 AM
And alex Smith... not much more they can do because it's not even the new league year yet dumbass

So they can't do much more, and yet they are killing it.

In your mind, a brokedick CB and Alice Smith means a team that was 2-14 last year is killing it. Got it.

STFU

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-09-2013, 12:54 AM
I know the idea of adding new players is exciting, but people were jacked when they signed Shawn Barber, Holliday, and McPassOn as well. Same with Kendrell Bell.

It's very, very rare for free agents to make an impact on their new teams commensurate with the size of their contracts.

tooge
03-09-2013, 12:56 AM

In your mind, a brokedick CB and Alice Smith means a team that was 2-14 last year is killing it. Got it.

STFU

Dude, the league year hasn't even started yet. These guys have a philosophy and so far, I like it.

KurtCobain
03-09-2013, 12:57 AM

STFU

No, dumbass. they are killing it IMO for resigning a couple of my favorite players back to the team, and for publicly trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit. reports are theyre out there and theyre active and I love it

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2013, 12:57 AM
That is IT! I'll NEVER let you clean my teeth!

(seriously, how weird would that be anyway? :D)

tooge
03-09-2013, 12:58 AM
Mods, can we change the name of the lounge to Debbie Downer lounge please. FFS.

BossChief
03-09-2013, 12:58 AM
So far I'm split 50-50

They got raped on the Smith trade
Robinson was done last year and isn't gonna find the fountain of youth
Paying Bowe and Colquit at the level their play dictates is encouraging
Franchising Albert was good and it keeps rolling that they are trying to extend him long term on ESPN
They have trimmed a lot of fat off this roster

I'm anxious to see the direction they go in the draft.

tooge
03-09-2013, 12:59 AM
That is IT! I'll NEVER let you clean my teeth!

(seriously, how weird would that be anyway? :D)

C'mon man. I have chicks that do that shit for me. And I'll make them give you a free one when you come in town! Heh.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-09-2013, 12:59 AM
Rah! Rah! Rah! Eat Fuck Pie.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2013, 01:01 AM
C'mon man. I have chicks that do that shit for me. And I'll make them give you a free one when you come in town! Heh.

As long as there's no anesthesia involved.

I'm a married man and don't trust hot chicks in nurses uniforms when I'm asleep.

Cephalic Trauma
03-09-2013, 01:02 AM
Dude, the league year hasn't even started yet. These guys have a philosophy and so far, I like it.

If you have to qualify it with "the league year hasn't started yet", then reserve judgement.

Further, Alex Smith for a 2nd+ and Dunta Robinson who sucked last year is nauseating.

This team was 2-14, and we are giving up picks for cast-offs.

Mother ****ing killing it!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-09-2013, 01:02 AM
So far, the best thing about this regime is that it doesn't look to a Diaper Genie bag full of fermenting, Parcells Tree shit diapers for all of its personnel moves.

Someone will write a book years from now that analyzes how Scott ***** was able to con his way into a general manager's job. It makes the Madoff scam look like a crackhead selling magazines.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2013, 01:03 AM
If you have to qualify it with "the league year hasn't started yet", then reserve judgement.

Further, Alex Smith for a 2nd+ and Dunta Robinson who sucked last year is nauseating.

This team was 2-14, and we are giving up picks for cast-offs.

Mother ****ing killing it!!!

The Chiefs gave up draft choices for Dunta?

tooge
03-09-2013, 01:04 AM
It's very important to me that you don't wake up with your pants unbuttoned. That I can guarantee. Nothing more.

I've had a bottle of wine dammit, I'm goin to bed.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2013, 01:06 AM
So far, the best thing about this regime is that it doesn't look to a Diaper Genie bag full of fermenting, Parcells Tree shit diapers for all of its personnel moves.

Someone will write a book years from now that analyzes how Scott ***** was able to con his way into a general manager's job. It makes the Madoff scam look like a crackhead selling magazines.

The best thing about this offseason is that in less than two months, the front office has retained the services of its best players who were scheduled for free agency, they've been aggressive in terms of filling huge, gaping holes, and they appear to be leaving no stone unturned when it comes to filling every hole on this roster.

I expect the Free Agency period to be even more frenetic and the draft to be even more crazy. Will it work? No idea. But it's better than sitting on their collective asses, which is exactly what happened from 2009-2012.

Regardless of Alex Smith and Tyson Jackson and Dunta Robinson, I'm excited to see where this team is heading, which is something I haven't been able to truthfully say, in decades.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2013, 01:06 AM
It's very important to me that you don't wake up with your pants unbuttoned. That I can guarantee. Nothing more.

I've had a bottle of wine dammit, I'm goin to bed.

LMAO

'Night, Dude

Cephalic Trauma
03-09-2013, 01:07 AM
No, dumbass. they are killing it IMO for resigning a couple of my favorite players back to the team, and for publicly trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit. reports are theyre out there and theyre active and I love it

Giving up a valuable pick(s) for Alex Smith is inexcusable.

And signing one of the worst CBs statistically last year is nothing special.

I'm glad they kept Bowe and Albert, but the other moves can be filed under the WTF/Meh categories, respectively.

Cephalic Trauma
03-09-2013, 01:09 AM
The Chiefs gave up draft choices for Dunta?

Quit nit-picking and make a point.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2013, 01:10 AM
Giving up a valuable pick(s) for Alex Smith is inexcusable.

And signing one of the worst CBs statistically last year is nothing special.

I'm glad they kept Bowe and Albert, but the other moves can be filed under the WTF/Meh categories, respectively.

William Bartee, Eddie Freeman, Junior Siavii, Patrick Surtain, Bernie Pollard, Brandon Flowers, Matt Cassel, Javier Arenas, Rodney Hudson, Jeff Allen.

The Chiefs second round picks since 2000.

Oh, the horror of losing a second round pick. How will they survive it?

Sorter
03-09-2013, 01:11 AM
Hey man, you back right off of Rodney. He should have taken over the LG spot permanently after the NE game.

:)

'Hamas' Jenkins
The Chiefs are also a god awful franchise. I have a feeling that the Ravens, Giants, and 49ers of late have made better use of said picks.

KurtCobain
William Bartee, Eddie Freeman, Junior Siavii, Patrick Surtain, Bernie Pollard, Brandon Flowers, Matt Cassel, Javier Arenas, Rodney Hudson, Jeff Allen.

You forgot mcwelker.

Cephalic Trauma
03-09-2013, 01:12 AM
William Bartee, Eddie Freeman, Junior Siavii, Patrick Surtain, Bernie Pollard, Brandon Flowers, Javier Arenas, Rodney Hudson, Jeff Allen.

Comparing the current regime to the previous extremely incompetent regimes?

That's refreshing.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-09-2013, 01:14 AM
Courtney Upshaw, Osemele, Ray Rice, Terrance Cody, Sergio Kindle, Paul Kruger--2nd rounders of the Ravens from 2008-2012.

Cephalic Trauma
03-09-2013, 01:15 AM
The Chiefs are also a god awful franchise. I have a feeling that the Ravens, Giants, and 49ers of late have made better use of said picks.

Which is what I'm hoping this regime can bring to KC. But saying they are doing well so far is premature and utterly dumb.

Most good teams build through the draft. That is much harder to do when you give up your 2nd for a game managing QB.

Hammock Parties

Was this a serious argument?

If you do your job you get Brandon Flowers in the 2nd.

If you don't you get nothing and then Dane McCloud sets up straw man arguments on Chiefsplanet.

We're going to look back on this trade in 4 years and think "it was great that we got Alex Smith and won nothing when player X could have been a long-term starter for us."

DaneMcCloud
Comparing the current regime to the previous extremely incompetent regimes?

That's refreshing.

LMAO

Comparing Alex Smith to Matt Cassel isn't?

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2013, 01:16 AM
Was this a serious argument?

If you do your job you get Brandon Flowers in the 2nd.

If you don't you get nothing and then Dane McCloud sets up straw man arguments on Chiefsplanet.

We're going to look back on this trade in 4 years and think "it was great that we got Alex Smith and won nothing when player X could have been a long-term starter for us."

No, no, NO!

If you fucktards can tell us that Alex Smith=Matt Cassel, then I have every fucking right to display the Chiefs last 10 second rounders.

See how that works, Cuntboy?

Sorter
03-09-2013, 01:16 AM
Courtney Upshaw, Osemele, Ray Rice, Terrance Cody, Sergio Kindle, Paul Kruger--2nd rounders of the Ravens from 2008-2012.

Didn't Clark pick Pioli over DeCosta?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7qvh0HmjW1r63r28.gif

KurtCobain
03-09-2013, 01:17 AM
With that logic, you can pretty much compare anything shitty to anything else that's shitty.

Cephalic Trauma
03-09-2013, 01:18 AM
LMAO

Comparing Alex Smith to Matt Cassel isn't?

Do you need an elite QB to win in this league?

Is Alex elite?

Answer those two questions, then tell me the Alex Smith trade was a good one.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2013, 01:19 AM

Is Alex elite?

Nice. Moving the bedpans.

I hope you don't treat your patients with the same bedside manner of deflecting questions and arguments.

Cephalic Trauma
With that logic, you can pretty much compare anything shitty to anything else that's shitty.

No shit. My point exactly. That's why Dane's point was stupid as ****

el borracho
rah, rah, rah!

So, this is how it is done. rah, rah, rah!

Yep, this is how you get to 8-8.

RunKC
I'll wait until after FA and the draft to see how they did for the offseason. They've done a good job so far though.

The only thing I'm worried about is Reid going all out in FA like he did in Philly, which really bit him in the ass. It's been proven over and and over and again winning SB's requires you to build through the draft, not FA.

Sorter
03-09-2013, 01:20 AM

Is Alex elite?

Alex Smith doesn't need to be an elite QB for this trade to be beneficial.

For example, if KC took Geno/Barkley at 1.1 and Smith didn't play at an elite level but served as an effective mentor and helped them progress faster/better, would you still think the trade wasn't a good one?

Cephalic Trauma
03-09-2013, 01:21 AM
Nice. Moving the bedpans.

I hope you don't treat your patients with the same bedside manner of deflecting questions and arguments.

Okay, fine I'll answer yours.

Alex Smith is better than Cassel, but it will not translate into dramatically better play at the QB position that this franchise needs.

Now answer mine.

MotherfuckerJones
Didn't Clark pick ***** over DeCosta?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7qvh0HmjW1r63r28.gif

Im not so sure, DeCosta had been turning teams down.

Sorter
Im not so sure, DeCosta had been turning teams down.

I know he has recently but I can't recall if he did in 08.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-09-2013, 01:22 AM
DeCosta has been the heir apparent in Baltimore for a long time, and given the structure of that organization, I wouldn't want to leave either.

Cephalic Trauma
03-09-2013, 01:23 AM

For example, if KC took Geno/Barkley at 1.1 and Smith didn't play at an elite level but served as an effective mentor and helped them progress faster/better, would you still think the trade wasn't a good one?

Yes, because we used a second round pick (plus!) to get a mentor. If you want to build through the draft, you don't trade a second for a QB who will start 1-2 seasons.

Sorter
03-09-2013, 01:25 AM
DeCosta has been the heir apparent in Baltimore for a long time, and given the structure of that organization, I wouldn't want to leave either.

If I were an owner, I'd have thrown ridiculous amounts of money and hookers and cars and exotic pets and boats and whatever he wanted.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2013, 01:25 AM
Okay, fine I'll answer yours.

Alex Smith is better than Cassel, but it will not translate into dramatically better play at the QB position that this franchise needs.

Now answer mine.

That wasn't my question, nor was it my point.

Wow. And you call yourself a medical resident.

tooge
03-09-2013, 01:26 AM
Ok, I've got insomnia.

Please answer this question. Is the FO not doing everything POSSIBLE TO THIS POINT in the season to better the team?

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2013, 01:27 AM
If I were an owner, I'd have thrown ridiculous amounts of money and hookers and cars and exotic pets and boats and whatever he wanted.

You know, I agreed with this sentiment in 2009. But four years later, I wonder about his competitive spirit and competence.

I'm not stating that he's a failure or will fail without Ozzie but at some point, you have to question a guy that's content with being #2.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-09-2013, 01:28 AM

That's pretty much what Clark did with Pioli. I personally believe that in order for a hire to work out the employee has to be competent and happy and hungry to be there. If DeCosta didn't want to leave, as much as I respect his football acumen, I probably wouldn't give him the Ted DiBiase treatment.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2013, 01:28 AM
Ok, I've got insomnia.

Please answer this question. Is the FO not doing everything POSSIBLE TO THIS POINT in the season to better the team?

They haven't traded for Aaron Rodgers or Eli Manning or Colin Kaepernick or Andrew Luck yet, so the answer is no.

Walrus
03-09-2013, 01:29 AM
Smith alone makes this team 8-8 or 9-7, but after the draft when we improve we will be an 10-6 or 11-5 playoff team. :thumb:

Go Chiefs. :wayne:

Cephalic Trauma
03-09-2013, 01:30 AM
That wasn't my question, nor was it my point.

Wow. And you call yourself a medical resident.

I don't call myself anything. I'm a medical student and not understanding your broken logic doesn't change that.

Now, answer these questions:

Elite QB to win: yes or no?

Is Alex Smith elite: yes or no?

Give me a two word response. That's all I ask.

tooge
03-09-2013, 01:30 AM
They haven't traded for Aaron Rodgers or Eli Manning or Colin Kaepernick or Andrew Luck yet, so the answer is no.

I suppose so. This franchise sucks

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2013, 01:31 AM
I don't call myself anything. I'm a medical student, and not understanding your broken logic doesn't change that.

Elite QB to win? No.

Alex Smith "elite"? No.

Now, take a rectal thermometer and go fuck yourself.

Walrus
03-09-2013, 01:32 AM
I don't call myself anything. I'm a medical student, and not understanding your broken logic doesn't change that.

Alex Smith is not elite(yet :thumb:), but where can we get an elite QB? Alex Smith was the best QB available.

el borracho
Ok, I've got insomnia.

Squandering resources on Alex Smith is my big complaint.

DenverChief
Fans of the Kansas City Chiefs. It's been a long time and alot of bad decisions and bad breaks. 18 Years really, since the Chiefs were relevant.

I know you all forgot, it's been soooo long. Guess what? This is how a young, smart, hungry GM and head coach go about improving the product on the field now, and setting the franchise up for Yeats of success in the future.

These guys are movers and shakers. They are doing what it takes, not only to win now, but it's going to be evident by the end of FA and the draft, that the future is being planned as well.

So, this is how it is done. You can save this post and call me out in five years if you wish, but I'm pretty sure we've finally got a leadership team we can count on.

Whats a yeat?

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2013, 01:33 AM
Squandering resources on Alex Smith is my big complaint.

Looking at that ugly dude in your avatar is my biggest complaint.

Jesus. What a mug.

tooge
03-09-2013, 01:33 AM

Waiting for you to answer my question regarding if the chiefs have done everything possible TO THIS POINT to improve the team.

If not, what should they do?

KurtCobain
03-09-2013, 01:34 AM
Flacco is in no way, elite. did he turn it on at the right time against shitty secondary play? Yes. same thing Smith did against the Saints

Sorter
03-09-2013, 01:34 AM
You know, I agreed with this sentiment in 2009. But four years later, I wonder about his competitive spirit and competence.

I'm not stating that he's a failure or will fail without Ozzie but at some point, you have to question a guy that's content with being #2.

I don't wonder about his competitiveness or competence. I'll have to judge his competence fully after he's promoted after Ozzie but based on what I've read and the interviews I've seen, he seems competent.

el borracho
03-09-2013, 01:35 AM
Looking at that ugly dude in your avatar is my biggest complaint.

Jesus. What a mug.

Ah, Dane... sweet as ever.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-09-2013, 01:36 AM
Whats a yeat?

Author of the most influential and oft-cited poem of the 20th century.

MoreLemonPledge
03-09-2013, 01:36 AM
Mark Sanchez. Jimmy Clausen.

Cephalic Trauma
03-09-2013, 01:38 AM
Elite QB to win? No.

Alex Smith "elite"? No.

Now, take a rectal thermometer and go **** yourself.

I don't know how you can answer the first question with a "no" considering the current climate of the league.

Agree on Smith.

I proved my point.

(Nice straw man with the "we haven't traded for... elite QB1, elite QB2, etc., etc. Keep trying to understand the opposing view, big guy. You'll get it.)

Cephalic Trauma
03-09-2013, 01:39 AM
Waiting for you to answer my question regarding if the chiefs have done everything possible TO THIS POINT to improve the team.

Agree with the post above about squandering resources for A. Smith. Build through the draft.

tooge
03-09-2013, 01:40 AM
I don't know how you can answer the first question seriously considering the current climate of the league.

Agree on Smith.

I proved my point.

(Nice straw man with the "we haven't traded for... elite QB1, elite QB2, etc., etc. Keep trying to understand the opposing view, big guy. You'll get it.)

Still waiting for your answaer

tooge
03-09-2013, 01:42 AM
Agree with the post above about squandering resources for A. Smith. Build through the draft.

That's a lame answer. Yes or no? Did the chiefs do everything possible TO THIS POINT to better the team? It's a simple yes or no. If no, what would you have done?

KurtCobain
03-09-2013, 01:43 AM
I think there's a difference between an elite qb in this league, and elite QB play in crunch time in the playoffs when it matters. While there may only be a handful of elite guys at the position, there's more than a handful of guys that have the ability to turn it on when it matters.

that's the difference between Alex and Cassel.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2013, 01:43 AM

Joking.

They're doing everything possible, which is a far cry from what we saw from 2009-2012.

I'm stoked.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2013, 01:44 AM
Ah, Dane... sweet as ever.

You know it, Baby

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2013, 01:45 AM
I don't wonder about his competitiveness or competence. I'll have to judge his competence fully after he's promoted after Ozzie but based on what I've read and the interviews I've seen, he seems competent.

Yeah, but Pioli appeared competent as well.

Look, I'm not saying the guy will be Pioli but at what point do you say, "What the fuck, Dude?".

KurtCobain
03-09-2013, 01:46 AM
Yeah, but Pioli appeared competent as well.

Look, I'm not saying the guy will be Pioli but at what point do you say, "What the fuck, Dude?".

at the point of a second round haul of mcluster and arenas.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2013, 01:46 AM
I don't know how you can answer the first question with a "no" considering the current climate of the league.

Agree on Smith.

I proved my point.

What was your point? That you're a overconfident jackass with gigantic student loans? Or just the jackass part?

Cephalic Trauma
03-09-2013, 01:47 AM
That's a lame answer. Yes or no? Did the chiefs do everything possible TO THIS POINT to better the team? It's a simple yes or no. If no, what would you have done?

No. they squandered resources for A. Smith. That's my answer. I would have refrained from doing that, drafted a QB at 1.1, and gone with BPA at 2.2. Like I've said over and over, I would build through the draft. That's my primary point.

Dunta is meh. He's a depth signing.

At this point, if I were them, I would be happy with the deal I hadn't made (A. Smith) up to this point. I would still have 2.2 (almost a first), and money to spend for complimentary pieces, not core guys.

tooge
03-09-2013, 01:48 AM

Cephalon trauma, I'd suggest you go into Peds.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2013, 01:49 AM
No. they squandered resources for A. Smith. That's my answer. I would have refrained from doing that, drafted a QB at 1.1, and gone with BPA at 2.2. Like I've said over and over, I would build through the draft. That's my primary point.

Cool. Let us know if anyone gives a fuck what you would have done to further drive fans away and send this franchise into the depths of hell.

Cephalic Trauma
03-09-2013, 01:50 AM
What was your point? That you're a overconfident jackass with gigantic student loans? Or just the jackass part?

Oh, fantastic. A guy who judges my character based solely on my opinion about a football team.

I think that says more about you than it does me.

Cephalic Trauma
03-09-2013, 01:52 AM
Cool. Let us know if anyone gives a **** what you would have done to further drive fans away and send this franchise into the depths of hell.

I answered a question posed by another poster.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2013, 01:55 AM
Oh, fantastic. A guy who judges my character based solely on my opinion about a football team.

I think that says more about you than it does me.

ROFL

:LOL:

It never ceases to amaze me.

Cephalic Trauma
03-09-2013, 02:07 AM
Cephalon trauma, I'd suggest you go into Peds.

Stick to football. Just because I disagree with you about the decisions of the Chiefs FO doesn't mean I think any less of you in your profession. Frankly, you could be the best or worst dentist in missouri, and I wouldn't know.

PA Chiefs
03-09-2013, 05:45 AM
I am happy with what they have done as well, but my homerism has me doing this year after year since the late 80's and early 90's. Last year I really soured only watched a few full games tried to watch all them but couldn't stand it. I would have really have been pissed if they kept *****. Clark did the right thing and took out the trash. So I guess I am a true fan cause year after year I rationalize everything my team does whether I agree with it or not. Except for the last few ***** did suck. Year 1-2 I was ok but after that he lost me. So anyway solid moves A.Smith is the best QB we have had since Green or Montana but we better draft QB this year and then they got me hook line and sinker.

EagleRob
03-09-2013, 06:17 AM
In 1999 there's one quote I remember that rang true and it applies to you all right now: Enjoy the ride up!

BlackHelicopters
03-09-2013, 07:29 AM
This is Our Time. Oh wait.............

Spott
03-09-2013, 07:38 AM
With Alex Smith at QB, they'll continue to be irrelevant

milkman
03-09-2013, 08:07 AM
First, this team has not been relevant since Christmas day, 1971.

But to the main point, I am happy that this new regime made the decisions it did with regards to our own potential free agents, and hope they do get a deal donebwithb Albert.

Dunta Robinson doesn't excite me, but I also have no problem with bringing him and seeing what he can do in a different scheme.

The move for Alex Smith, though, to me is demoralizing.

He's an improvement to Matt Cassel in the same way that makeup an a nice dress is an improvement over curlers and bath robe for Roseanne.

We've just put makeup and a dress on a pig.

Window Licking Whiner
03-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Yeah I got to say that I'm pretty happy with how active we are being as a franchise. I might not agree with every move they are making, I do like the fact that they are making moves.

I'd rather have a team try and fail then not try at all

Easy 6
03-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Yes excited. Even with Alex smith they won't go all crony like ***** and cassel. They'll constantly look for the next guy

Agreed, while Axl Smiff isnt sexy in any way whatsoever, he's steady and a clear upgrade over what we had.

As long as they dont stand pat and keep looking for the Golden Child, i'll keep faith with this new regime... so far, they're definitely not sitting around with their thumbs up each others ass, i think its a good omen.

Rasputin
03-09-2013, 09:52 AM
With the first pick of the 2013 draft Chiefs pick RT Luke Joekel.

:doh!:

Pasta Little Brioni
03-09-2013, 09:58 AM
That's a kick in the balls Tattoo, but that's where we are headed. Trying to be positive, but unless Reid unlocks something in Alex Smith, we are still facked.

Chiefshrink
03-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Smith is just a respectable 'stop gap' for the moment that I can live with for now.

But 'tooge' pretty much nailed it !!!!:thumb:

Rasputin
03-09-2013, 10:05 AM
That's a kick in the balls Tattoo, but that's where we are headed. Trying to be positive, but unless Reid unlocks something in Alex Smith, we are still facked.

The only thing I can get excited for is next years draft and hopes that we get our QBotf then when Alex Smith proves this year he isn't worth what we traded him for. I'm going root for wins and an improvement on both sides of the ball if Alex Smith is the problem still then we all should expect a new QB.

I don't even expect Alex Smith to stay healthy all season.

>< this much chance we still draft Geno Smith I can only wish. Then I would be full blown Homer & haters can hate. That's all it would take for me to be a happy fan that would accept a bright future.

Rasputin
03-09-2013, 10:17 AM
I guess let the vet QB take a pounding while the OL gells this year. Next year we can snag our QBotf with our first pick trade up if we have too. I figure we will be in the top 10 of the draft next year. I do believe we can win some games with Alex Smith if we get the production we are use to out of Jamaal Charles. Jamaal Charles again is going be key for this offense to function like an NFL team.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Draft Geno and if he isn't ready, let Alex run, run, pass, punt our way to 8-8. We could do much worse than throwing resources at the QB position. *Cough Dorsey, T-Jack, Baldwin, McCluster Cough*

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-09-2013, 11:14 AM
One big thing that's so positive is they are willing to spend money now. Bowe is the 3rd highest paid reciever in the league. Colquitt is the highest paid punter and Albert with his franchise tag will get top 5 money. THAT my friends is a huge turnaround from the Carl Peterson and Scott Pioli eras. The future is bright now and players are going to want to come to KC.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-09-2013, 11:18 AM

But to the main point, I am happy that this new regime made the decisions it did with regards to our own potential free agents, and hope they do get a deal donebwithb Albert.

Dunta Robinson doesn't excite me, but I also have no problem with bringing him and seeing what he can do in a different scheme.

He's an improvement to Matt Cassel in the same way that makeup an a nice dress is an improvement over curlers and bath robe for Roseanne.

Which is so overrated !

Chris Meck
03-09-2013, 11:48 AM

I'm not a huge fan of the Alex Smith trade, but I don't think this is accurate. Cassel/Quinn was the most incompetent display of NFL Quarterbacking that I'd ever seen. At LEAST since like...Babe Laufenberg. Go look that shit up. (shudders)
Alex is not elite, of that there is no doubt. He was, however, the best QB on the market without question, and is competent. Just having competent QB play would've had this team at 8-8 even last year, I think. With some better schemes, coaching, and player upgrades I see no reason why we should not be competitive immediately.

Frosty
03-09-2013, 12:05 PM
I disliked the Alex Smith trade but have decided to suspend the freaking out until after the draft. For one thing, we don't know what the compensation is going to be for Smith. If it is less than reported and AS is being brought in as a vet/mentor to one of the top development QBs, I'm good with that. We also have all of FA to go through.

I'll resume the freaking out if they go into the season with AS, Stanzi (or, god forbid, Cassel) and a 7th rounder at QB.

Rausch
03-09-2013, 12:09 PM

In 93 we were one injury away from a SB.

You may argue against it but that was the same team we'd mashed 23-3 earlier in the season.

We've taken one week and improved 3 positions immediately.

I hope (I don't BELIEVE - I HOPE) this is a solid start and not the end game for this FO...

crossbow
03-09-2013, 12:17 PM
Frisco and Baltimore were both in the Superbowl this year. From which team did they trade draft picks to get a QB?

Talk to me when the Chiefs finaly figure it out.

Spott
03-09-2013, 12:23 PM
In 93 we were one injury away from a SB.

You may argue against it but that was the same team we'd mashed 23-3 earlier in the season.

We've taken one week and improved 3 positions immediately.

I hope (I don't BELIEVE - I HOPE) this is a solid start and not the end game for this FO...

We were down by 14 points in the second half of that game when Montana got hurt and the defense wasn't playing worth a crap. We weren't winning that game with or without Joe.

milkman
03-09-2013, 01:11 PM
We were down by 14 points in the second half of that game when Montana got hurt and the defense wasn't playing worth a crap. We weren't winning that game with or without Joe.

The other thing here to consider, and this is one thing I really like about Marv Levy.
He didn't go into prevent mode unless the game was well in hand.

If his Bills were up by 14 with only half the 4th qtr remining, he continued to attack, both on offense and defense.
And the fact is, all the great QBs that have earned a reputation as masters of comebacks did so against teams that played to protect leads, including Montana and Elway.

I'd bet that 30 to 35% of Elway's comebacks came against Marty.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-09-2013, 01:17 PM

ONLY under those conditions is this trade NOT an abortion.
Posted via Mobile Device