PDA

View Full Version : Life Getting tag renewed on your car

lcarus
03-09-2013, 09:52 PM
So I have this 08 Toyota Yaris that I have barely driven in over a year. I've driven it to the store a few times and that's it. The tags expired in May of 2012. I haven't gotten them renewed. Now May of 2013 is approaching and I'm just wondering if I'll have to buy last years and this years to get it up to date. I know the state of Oklahoma has a small penalty for every month you don't renew it. I'm gonna have to renew my primary vehicle as well. It's a lot of money for someone who is struggling just to eat, pay rent, get gas, and all the other necessities that pop up here and there.

loochy
03-09-2013, 09:54 PM
i doubt it.

mlyonsd
03-09-2013, 09:56 PM
In SD not only would you have to pay for last year's tag, you'd pay a fine as well.

lcarus
03-09-2013, 10:00 PM
In SD not only would you have to pay for last year's tag, you'd pay a fine as well.

Oh yeah, I guess it's different everywhere. I'm just curious if I'd be better off renewing it now and then again in May rather than just waiting until May to do it all. Reason being is, I want my brother to be able to drive it. But geez, I'm so hurting financially right now. If they say I owe 300 bucks or something, I just can't do it.

Tombstone RJ
03-09-2013, 10:02 PM
I'd think you'd just have to pay the accumulated monthly fee, that's what the fees for, right?

Tombstone RJ
03-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Oh yeah, I guess it's different everywhere. I'm just curious if I'd be better off renewing it now and then again in May rather than just waiting until May to do it all. Reason being is, I want my brother to be able to drive it. But geez, I'm so hurting financially right now. If they say I owe 300 bucks or something, I just can't do it.

If it's so your brother can drive it, can he not help you with the cost? Just tell your brother your financial situation.

lcarus
03-09-2013, 10:05 PM
If it's so your brother can drive it, can he not help you with the cost? Just tell your brother your financial situation.

His financial situation is just as bad as mine, plus he has a wife and 2 year old daughter to take care of. Even if we split the cost, it's just not doable at the moment.

Bugeater
03-09-2013, 10:06 PM
lol...Yaris

Tombstone RJ
03-09-2013, 10:09 PM
His financial situation is just as bad as mine, plus he has a wife and 2 year old daughter to take care of. Even if we split the cost, it's just not doable at the moment.

you are kind of in a pickle then. If you drive it and you get pulled over for expired tags you will also have that fine as well to pay. Just call the tag office or go on line and see what the policy is. Then you will know exactly how much you owe. If you can't afford it then you probably shouldn't drive it due to the chance of getting a ticket.

crossbow
03-09-2013, 10:10 PM
In Missouri, you have to pay for last years tags and a fee. You also have to have inspection receipts, insurance proof, tax receipt, and title.

If you do this again you will be sterilized by a state funded doctor. A third offense and you will be banished to Gitmo with the other terrorists.

Bugeater
03-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Why don't you just sell the damn thing?

lcarus
03-09-2013, 10:13 PM
lol...Yaris

Good car. Only has 40k miles, gets pretty good gas mileage. It's also the 4 door, not the goofy looking hatchback. Shit if I get it tagged I might drive the fuckin thing myself.

03-09-2013, 10:24 PM
You most likely will have to pay 2012 and 2013 at the same time. I know that is what Kansas does.

Dayze
03-09-2013, 10:58 PM
In Kansas there is a penalty up to a certain amount. I think it was like 300. Each month it goes up after they expire up to the limit