PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs very strong possibility to get DRC?

MotherfuckerJones
03-11-2013, 07:56 AM
CB Dominique Rogers-Cromartie

Hearing that DRC signing with KC is a very, very strong possibility.
9:45am - 11 Mar 13

Per save our chiefs

Rasputin
03-11-2013, 07:58 AM
We don't have our second round pick to help get us a CB so this is ok with me.

jd1020
Duh?

jd1020
We don't have our second round pick to help get us a CB so this is ok with me.

Except DRC is terrible.

Fat Elvis
03-11-2013, 07:59 AM
I've thought this was going to happen the moment we signed Reid....

Just hope he can return to his probowl form.

KChiefs1
03-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Have to get CB's.

MotherfuckerJones
03-11-2013, 08:00 AM
What's his size?

SuperChief
03-11-2013, 08:03 AM
What's his size?

I'd guess he's about 6-8'

Shox
03-11-2013, 08:05 AM
What's his size?

6'2" 185.

I like it.

Flowers, DRC, Robison, Areanus, Berry, would be a much better secondary than we have lined up in recent years. Still need another starting caliber safety.

MotherfuckerJones
03-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Well have depth

Chief Roundup
03-11-2013, 08:13 AM
Save Our Chiefs has true info or just obvious stuff? Because this was some obvious stuff that has been brought up since the Reid hire.

YayMike
03-11-2013, 08:16 AM
I remember reading somewhere on here that Reid didn't care for DRC....I think it was from TBG.

Rasputin
03-11-2013, 08:16 AM
Except DRC is terrible.

Need to do something at CB. Like I said we don't have the #2 pick in the draft to address so if he can be an upgrade or add depth then go get him.

At least he will be better than Route. The same thing can be said about our QB with Alex Smiff suppose to be better than Matt Quinn.

jd1020
03-11-2013, 08:17 AM
At least he will be better than Route. The same thing can be said about our QB with Alex Smiff suppose to be better than Matt Quinn.

Routt was on pace to be just as good as DRC last season. DRC is fast, thats it. Raiders should be all over him.

Rasputin
03-11-2013, 08:20 AM
Routt was on pace to be just as good as DRC last season.

No way lol

DRC can't be that bad. Really?

DJ's left nut
03-11-2013, 08:21 AM
DRC has had his struggles, but there's clearly skill there and he still has some youth on his side. I'd prefer him over Smith and he'd probably come a little cheaper.

ChiefMojo
03-11-2013, 08:22 AM
I'll give DRC credit... he is aggressive and can really run. Problem is DRC goes brain dead at times. Can't gamble in coverage as much as he does.

WV
03-11-2013, 08:25 AM
This and the Robinson moves are okay depth wise, but it's tough to imagine either are the solution at CB #2.

Shox
03-11-2013, 08:25 AM
I like him a ton better than the Routte experiment.

Shox
03-11-2013, 08:26 AM
This and the Robinson moves are okay depth wise, but it's tough to imagine either are the solution at CB #2.

DRC can be a #2 CB.

DJ's left nut
03-11-2013, 08:28 AM
I'll give DRC credit... he is agressive and likes to hit. Sounds very similar to Dunta. Problem is DRC goes brain dead at times. Can't gamble in coverage as much as he does.

You can if you have safeties that can cover ground.

It looks to me like the Chiefs really need to upgrade their pass rush if they're going to pursue this style of defense, though. They are clearly going after guys that are hitters and gamblers; creating a very aggressive secondary. That's fine...provided that you don't get eaten alive by double moves.

Get some pressure on the QB and the double moves go out of the playbook. I worry about play-action at that point, though. Flowers, Berry and Robinson all like to hit in run-support and if they're biting on the play-fake, with DRC's known tendencies to go for the first move, a hitch and go off a play-fake could be pretty deadly against us.

nychief
03-11-2013, 08:30 AM
speculation

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-11-2013, 08:31 AM
6'2" 185.

I like it.

Flowers, DRC, Robison, Areanus, Berry, would be a much better secondary than we have lined up in recent years. Still need another starting caliber safety.

We also signed Abdullah or whatever his name is. Isn't he a safety ?

Setsuna
03-11-2013, 08:32 AM
Retreads, retreads, retreads, retreads rockin everywhere!

LoneWolf
03-11-2013, 08:36 AM

So every player that is signed in free agency is a retread? Too bad Denver signed that stupid retread Manning last year. What a dumb fucking move that was.

Please just STFU, drink a huge glass of anitfreeze, and run head first into a burning AIDS tree.

Easy 6
03-11-2013, 08:38 AM
So every player that is signed in free agency is a retread? Too bad Denver signed that stupid retread Manning last year. What a dumb ****ing move that was.

Please just STFU, drink a huge glass of anitfreeze, and run head first into a burning AIDS tree.

Thats pretty much what i was gonna say... outside of the draft, EVERYONE gets retreads.

BossChief
03-11-2013, 08:38 AM
We also signed Abdullah or whatever his name is. Isn't he a safety ?

We get Menzie back, too.

DJ's left nut
03-11-2013, 08:39 AM

If we could figure out how to talk the NFL into giving us 20 picks, we might be able to avoid 'retreads'.

We have maybe 30 NFL caliber players on a 53 man roster. We have, what, 8 draft picks to fill the remaining holes?

Guess how we have to go about getting the other 25 or so guys?

Fucking idiot.

Canofbier
03-11-2013, 08:42 AM
DRC has certainly been burned lately, but he did have 17 passes defended last season. He's got talent and youth, so I'd be happy enough about bringing him in.

Sassy Squatch
03-11-2013, 08:43 AM
If this is actual information and not just the speculation we have all been hearing then Sean Smith probably wants too much.

Chief Roundup
03-11-2013, 08:59 AM
DRC has certainly been burned lately, but he did have 17 passes defended last season. He's got talent and youth, so I'd be happy enough about bringing him in.

That 17 puts him at 7th in the league for passes defensed. He had Nnamdi Asomugha across from him who ended the season with 12 passes defensed. Nnamdi is pretty much thought of as not being very good anymore.
For DRC to end up with that many passes defensed it makes me wonder about targets between the 2.
Normally when a DB has a high # of passes defensed it is because the DB playing across from them is better than they are so they get thrown at more. If DRC is worse than Nnamdi........

I just don't think DRC is all that great.

ChiefMojo
03-11-2013, 09:07 AM
Here is the thing to remember. DRC may not be great but he won't likely break the bank. Guys like Smith or Talib are going to cost money. This is a FA class of CB's that is very deep but not great at the top... full of quality #2's. DRC and Robinson fit that mold.

The Franchise
03-11-2013, 09:16 AM
It's not about the talent with DRC.....it's the drive and the mental aspect. Maybe a new team and situation can help that.....maybe it can't. Depending on the contract....it'd be a decent signing.

DJ's left nut
03-11-2013, 09:37 AM
It's not about the talent with DRC.....it's the drive and the mental aspect. Maybe a new team and situation can help that.....maybe it can't. Depending on the contract....it'd be a decent signing.

There isn't a better size/speed corner in the entire NFL.

If you could ever unlock all that potential, you would have one of the best CBs in the league.

He's freakishly fast, he's tall, he's strong, he's agile and he has very good ball skills. The kid just has so many tools that he could make Carr look like Routt.

But thus far, nobody's been able to get it all out of him. And really, I think it's fair to say that we won't either (nobody will). But it wouldn't take much of it to make him an outstanding #2 CB.

He's my favorite target on the market because he has easily the most upside.

The Franchise
03-11-2013, 09:41 AM

If you could ever unlock all that potential, you would have one of the best CBs in the league.

He's freakishly fast, he's tall, he's strong, he's agile and he has very good ball skills. The kid just has so many tools that he could make Carr look like Routt.

But thus far, nobody's been able to get it all out of him. And really, I think it's fair to say that we won't either (nobody will). But it wouldn't take much of it to make him an outstanding #2 CB.

He looked like he was getting it in Arizona during their playoff run and then he got traded to the Eagles. I think he got lost in the mix between Nnamdi and Samuel.

Rausch
03-11-2013, 09:43 AM
Routt was on pace to be just as good as DRC last season.

Get the fuck out...

Direckshun
03-11-2013, 09:46 AM

I think Sean Smith would disagree.

Nonetheless, a depth chart of Flowers, DRC, Arenas, and Dunta Robinson at corner is pretty fucking solid.

raybec 4
03-11-2013, 09:48 AM

I think if he doesn't get it playing for Emmit he never will. There's no more of a been there done that than a HOF'er

HolyHat
03-11-2013, 09:48 AM
Routt was on pace to be just as good as DRC last season. DRC is fast, thats it. Raiders should be all over him.

wut?

The Franchise
03-11-2013, 09:49 AM
I think if he doesn't get it playing for Emmit he never will. There's no more of a been there done that than a HOF'er

He'd have both Emmitt Thomas and Al Harris as his position coaches. Those would be the two guys to get it out of him.

DJ's left nut
03-11-2013, 10:06 AM
I think Sean Smith would disagree.

Nonetheless, a depth chart of Flowers, DRC, Arenas, and Dunta Robinson at corner is pretty fucking solid.

DRC bests Smith by about 2 tenths in the .40; that's pretty damn significant.

Mr. Laz
03-11-2013, 10:52 AM
isn't SOC 'source' just Gochiefs?

lcarus
03-11-2013, 10:55 AM
Here's a question. Is Kendrick Lewis really that bad at FS? He's only 24.

The Franchise
03-11-2013, 11:06 AM

He can't fucking tackle.

KevB
03-11-2013, 11:07 AM
He can't ****ing tackle.

Exactly. He couldn't tackle with a healthy shoulder, much less now that he's got one good arm.

silver5liter
03-11-2013, 11:11 AM
People shitting all over drc when hes been a solid corner for years now.

jd1020
03-11-2013, 11:13 AM
People shitting all over drc when hes been a solid corner for years now.

:spock:

Solid enough to be traded, with a pick, for Kolb and about to be on his 3rd team in his 4 year career.

Mr. Laz
03-11-2013, 11:14 AM
can't cover man-to-man
takes bad tackling angles
bad tackler with good shoulder
bum shoulder
not fast enough to help on sideline routes

silver5liter
03-11-2013, 11:18 AM
:spock:

Solid enough to be traded, with a pick, for Kolb and about to be on his 3rd team in his 4 year career.

Well one was a stupid cardinals team that thought kolb was their savior. Id much rather have DRC than sean smith..