PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs reached agreement in principle on deal with former Saints QB Chase Daniel

Pages : 1 [2] 3

DJ's left nut
03-12-2013, 06:26 PM
Next year's QB class is so bad...

How bad is it?

Next year's QB class is so bad, CBS Sports' 2014 QB positional rankings has James Franklin listed 11th.

:LOL:

You know that sound you made when you were a kid, fell off your bike then looked down and saw how badly you skinned up your leg? Y'know, that wind pulling between your teeth sound?

Yeah, that's the appropriate sound to make upon reading that.

philfree
03-12-2013, 06:26 PM
It's either steps off the plane, or steps on the plains.

:thumb:

:doh!:That too.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-12-2013, 06:28 PM
And I have heard nothing about Casshole...
Posted via Mobile Device

saphojunkie
03-12-2013, 06:30 PM
And I have heard nothing about Casshole...
Posted via Mobile Device

Trying to get something for him. I heard there's a coupon for one free month of Netflix on the table.

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 06:35 PM
We haven't found a team that will take Cassel for less than our 3rd round pick, and we don't want to go two rounds without a selection.

KurtCobain
03-12-2013, 06:37 PM
I feel oddly at peace. I dont know if its because I feel some kind of weird satisfaction with Daniel, or if just watching the planet melt down, realizing that our promised "upgrade of the QB position" is now confirmed as a complete lie in every possible aspect. Nothing but lateral moves, really. Our FO are bold-faced liars. Period. It is now confirmed that the QB position is of little to no importance to these men. Welp, nothing to do but wait for Dane and Bad Guy to come along and tell us how "reasonable", nay "good" for the Chiefs these guys are!
Posted via Mobile Device

how can you say that the qb position is not important to the front office? They traded a second rounder for a good starter and paid 3 mil to his competition.

RealSNR
03-12-2013, 06:38 PM
LMAO at all the butthurt in this thread.

Yeah, everybody hates the Daniel signing because he went to Mizzou. You hit the nail on the head. How perceptive of you :spock:

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Yeah, everybody hates the Daniel signing because he went to Mizzou. You hit the nail on the head. How perceptive of you :spock:What's not to love, he's been great in the pros!

KurtCobain
03-12-2013, 06:41 PM
What's not to love, he's been great in the pros!

Ooh yeah, because geno Smith could start over brees.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-12-2013, 06:41 PM
how can you say that the qb position is not important to the front office? They traded a second rounder for a good starter and paid 3 mil to his competition.

I can definitely say that comprehension of the QB position illudes this FO. Can anyone seriously defend this shit? Im dead fucking serious.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
03-12-2013, 06:42 PM
I can definitely say that comprehension of the QB position illudes this FO. Can anyone seriously defend this shit? Im dead fucking serious.
Posted via Mobile Device

If they're drunk..or stupid.

Molitoth
03-12-2013, 06:44 PM
I can definitely say that comprehension of the QB position illudes this FO. Can anyone seriously defend this shit? Im dead ****ing serious.
Posted via Mobile Device

They are waiting until next year in hopes for Johnny Football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
/truefan

Frazod
03-12-2013, 06:45 PM
Yeah, everybody hates the Daniel signing because he went to Mizzou. You hit the nail on the head. How perceptive of you :spock:

Some of you are just fucking retarded as well.

Feel better now?

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 06:45 PM
Ooh yeah, because geno Smith could start over brees.Ohh yeah, because grade A maple syrup is awesome on pancakes!

That was the most random, unrelated reply I could come up with.

mcaj22
03-12-2013, 06:46 PM
when you are paying Alex Smith 9 million in fully guaranteed money before the season even starts there will be no competition against him. he is and will be the undisputed starter for the money they are shelling out

Mecca
03-12-2013, 06:46 PM
They are waiting until next year in hopes for Johnny Football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
/truefan

That dude is gonna be terrible in the nfl.

Molitoth
03-12-2013, 06:48 PM
That dude is gonna be terrible in the nfl.

but he is a dual threat!!!

LMAO

DJ's left nut
03-12-2013, 06:48 PM
when you are paying Alex Smith 9 million in fully guaranteed money before the season even starts there will be no competition against him. he is and will be the undisputed starter for the money they are shelling out

Does anyone know exactly how his contract is structured?

If there was a signing bonus, SF ate it when they traded him so it's not going to hit our cap. So if it's just salary, theoretically we could punt him after 2013 without taking any dead money unless he has guaranteed 2014 salary in his deal.

If nothing else, it gives us a little more leverage in the Geno Bluff if we're trying to deal out of 1.1.

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 06:49 PM
There's no Geno bluff.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Maybe Daniel is my "in" to returning to the happy, carefree days before I came to the planet and took the red pill. Perhaps Thignorance WAS bliss...
Is it possible to re-achieve True Fandom? Guys, I'm trying here because the only other option is to just let go of KC altogether. This is truly a sad fucking sequence of events and day.
Posted via Mobile Device

hometeam
03-12-2013, 06:51 PM

If there was a signing bonus, SF ate it when they traded him so it's not going to hit our cap. So if it's just salary, theoretically we could punt him after 2013 without taking any dead money unless he has guaranteed 2014 salary in his deal.

If nothing else, it gives us a little more leverage in the Geno Bluff if we're trying to deal out of 1.1.

There is no Geno bluff, we traded for Smith and now this. It is gone, now anyone knows they can trade up to 2 to take Geno, why the fuck would they trade with us?

mcaj22
03-12-2013, 06:52 PM

the 2012 and 2013 are fully guaranteed salaries after a certain date in that specific league year

but yes we could punt him after this year as his 2014 deal is not guaranteed if say the season is a colossal failure and they are picking in the top 10 and have to go QB or Chase Daniels turns out to be a god.

the biggest fear is if Alex Smith gets them to 9-7 or 10-6 and they give him a 4 or 5 year extension, then you are fucked.

Mecca
but he is a dual threat!!!

LMAO

I bet one of those is popping zits his face looks like a topographical map.

RealSNR
Some of you are just fucking retarded as well.

Feel better now?

No. Because my favorite football team just shelled out $3 million/yr for that Tyler Palko wannabe piece of shit Chase Daniel to play backup QB.

No future at QB. This team is in just as bad of a position as it was when Cassel/Quinn/Stanzi were duking it out. It's only slightly optimistic because there's a 1% chance that Alex Smith can Rich Gannon his career for us.

But I'm glad your favorite college team put a rancid turd alumnus on our roster. At least you can feel good about that.

candyman
03-12-2013, 06:57 PM
This move was made strictly for ticket sales. Chase is not a WC qb, no other reason to go after him

Bootlegged
03-12-2013, 06:57 PM
No. Because my favorite football team just shelled out $3 million/yr for that Tyler Palko wannabe piece of shit Chase Daniel to play backup QB.

No future at QB. This team is in just as bad of a position as it was when Cassel/Quinn/Stanzi were duking it out. It's only slightly optimistic because there's a 1% chance that Alex Smith can Rich Gannon his career for us.

But I'm glad your favorite college team put a rancid turd alumnus on our roster. At least you can feel good about that.

That seems to be an objective thought. I'm guessing you dislike MU.

Frazod
03-12-2013, 06:59 PM

I feel great!

Gary
03-12-2013, 07:00 PM
What our QB situation looks like right now:

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/15400000/Johnny-Be-Good-robert-downey-jr-15417539-1300-874.jpg

saphojunkie
03-12-2013, 07:05 PM
There is no Geno bluff, we traded for Smith and now this. It is gone, now anyone knows they can trade up to 2 to take Geno, why the **** would they trade with us?

Because whatever the jags would accept to trade KC would accept. No one is trading up to 2nd and leaving open the possibility of being leapfrogged.

RealSNR
03-12-2013, 07:14 PM
That seems to be an objective thought. I'm guessing you dislike MU.

I don't give one rat's ass if he went to UW-Madison or was homeschooled by the Westboro Baptist Church.

If he has no legitimate future as a starting QB (read: one of these rookies) then he's not only a waste of a roster spot, but he's an inhibitor to the Chiefs trying to do what's fucking right at the most important position in all of sports.

Essentially, he's fucking cancer. The only way out of this is if the Chiefs draft a QB anyway and cut Daniel in training camp (his contract says otherwise) or if they make him the 3rd string QB (again, overpriced fucking contract. Not good)

It also totally DESTROYS any trade down leverage we might have had. If we pull off a trade down deal it will be a fucking miracle at this point. And it will have been made WAY more difficult than necessary by virtue of revealing our shitty ass poker hand.

Do your stuff, Dorsey. Let's see you pull a trade down deal out of your ass. If not, get raped and fucking die inside Chase Daniel's AIDS-riddled rectum.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2013, 07:15 PM
Because whatever the jags would accept to trade KC would accept. No one is trading up to 2nd and leaving open the possibility of being leapfrogged.

They will as soon as the Jags hit the clock.

philfree
03-12-2013, 07:18 PM

Exactly. And the Chiefs signing Daniels doesn't matter one iota either. Multiple teams wanting Geno is what matters.

Bootlegged
03-12-2013, 07:19 PM
I don't give one rat's ass if he went to UW-Madison or was homeschooled by the Westboro Baptist Church.

If he has no legitimate future as a starting QB (read: one of these rookies) then he's not only a waste of a roster spot, but he's an inhibitor to the Chiefs trying to do what's ****ing right at the most important position in all of sports.

Essentially, he's ****ing cancer. The only way out of this is if the Chiefs draft a QB anyway and cut Daniel in training camp (his contract says otherwise) or if they make him the 3rd string QB (again, overpriced ****ing contract. Not good)

It also totally DESTROYS any trade down leverage we might have had. If we pull off a trade down deal it will be a ****ing miracle at this point. And it will have been made WAY more difficult than necessary by virtue of revealing our shitty ass poker hand.

Do your stuff, Dorsey. Let's see you pull a trade down deal out of your ass. If not, get raped and ****ing die inside Chase Daniel's AIDS-riddled rectum.

Another Geno Smith zombie. Got it.

RealSNR
03-12-2013, 07:21 PM
Another Geno Smith zombie. Got it.

Are you telling me you WANT this team to spend the #1 overall pick on a RT when they already had one on the roster who was fairly adequate?

Because that's exactly what you're saying if you don't give a shit about achieving a trade down deal.

duncan_idaho
03-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Are you telling me you WANT this team to spend the #1 overall pick on a RT when they already had one on the roster who was fairly adequate?

Because that's exactly what you're saying if you don't give a shit about achieving a trade down deal.

You win in the NFL with an amazing OL, good running game and great D. QB doesn't matter.

BTW, has anybody heard the new Bush 6Teen Stone album? I think it's pretty awesome. Raw, edgy, fresh... love it.

Bootlegged
03-12-2013, 07:24 PM

You think Buffalo is going to jump up to #1 for Geno Smith?

houstonwhodat
03-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Hey you guys might be surprised.

He's been learning behind one of the best, Drew Brees.

Chase can sling it deep.

The limited time I've seen him (because Drew starts every game) he's looked real good.

He just needs some consistent snaps.

notorious
03-12-2013, 07:27 PM

Chase can sling it deep.

The limited time I've seen him (because Drew starts every game) he's looked real good.

Uh-Oh, the Alex Smith fan invasion is about to happen again.........

(Just kidding, you are OK in my book.)

Mr_Tomahawk
03-12-2013, 07:28 PM

Chase can sling it deep.

lol wut?

RealSNR
03-12-2013, 07:28 PM

Chase can sling it deep.

At least you were already here on the board, unlike all the 49er n00bs who joined

saphojunkie
03-12-2013, 07:29 PM

They will be bidding, that's for damn sure.

In58men
03-12-2013, 07:29 PM

Chase can sling it deep.

Oh he say behind Bree's? I'm relieved.

/mattflynn

RealSNR
03-12-2013, 07:30 PM

Sure as fuck looks like it to me. They don't have a starting QB any more.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-12-2013, 07:34 PM

Chase can sling it deep.

lol wut?

no seriously...is this a joke?

DJ's left nut
03-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Sure as fuck looks like it to me. They don't have a starting QB any more.

I'd be willing to get raped in the trade down. Give me a 2nd. Hell, give me next year's 2nd and I'd do it.

Lane Johnson will be a better tackle than Luke Joeckel by 2015 and he'll be there at #8. Give me the extra pick and the tackle with more upside every time.

BigRedChief
03-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Sure as fuck looks like it to me. They don't have a starting QB any more.Me thinks so too. They know the Raiders will take him. If they want him, it has to be us. Would a trade of the Bills 2nd rounder be a fair trade?

saphojunkie
03-12-2013, 07:39 PM
I'd be willing to get raped in the trade down. Give me a 2nd. Hell, give me next year's 2nd and I'd do it.

Lane Johnson will be a better tackle than Luke Joeckel by 2015 and he'll be there at #8. Give me the extra pick and the tackle with more upside every time.

This is EXACTLY why I am 100% convinced we are trading down. Everyone on here apparently thinks that KC won't trade down because no one is going to offer a big haul.

Guess what? We are taking the best offer. Period. If that's two firsts and two seconds, great. If it's a second, they are still taking it.

My best guess is that KC already knows who the interested parties are and the price is only going up.

It does piss me off, though. Can you imagine if they still drafted Geno #1? There would be fucking in the streets.

RealSNR
03-12-2013, 07:42 PM
This is EXACTLY why I am 100% convinced we are trading down. Everyone on here apparently thinks that KC won't trade down because no one is going to offer a big haul.

Guess what? We are taking the best offer. Period. If that's two firsts and two seconds, great. If it's a second, they are still taking it.

My best guess is that KC already knows who the interested parties are and the price is only going up.

It does piss me off, though. Can you imagine if they still drafted Geno #1? There would be fucking in the streets.

That's a situation where Daniel is basically competing against Geno for the QB2 spot. And if he lost, he would be a training camp cut very likely

TLO
03-12-2013, 07:45 PM
We're going to replace all the Iowa homers talking about Stanzi with the Mizzou homers talking about Daniel.

Truth

saphojunkie
03-12-2013, 07:47 PM
That's a situation where Daniel is basically competing against Geno for the QB2 spot. And if he lost, he would be a training camp cut very likely

I would be really interested what the details of the deal are. If there isn't a big signing bonus, it could easily be a 0 year, 0 dollars deal by the time the 53 man roster is finalized.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-12-2013, 07:48 PM
I would be really interested what the details of the deal are. If there isn't a big signing bonus, it could easily be a 0 year, 0 dollars deal by the time the 53 man roster is finalized.

possible but unrealistic...

He supposedly had other suitors. You would think he would take the deal that offered the most guaranteed on the front end...

Bootlegged
03-12-2013, 07:54 PM
Sure as **** looks like it to me. They don't have a starting QB any more.

Then why wouldn't they trade with JAX, not us?

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Smith/Daniel/Foles or Smith/Foles/Daniel

Tune in this summer and find out!

Mr_Tomahawk
03-12-2013, 07:56 PM
Smith/Daniel/Foles or Smith/Foles/Daniel

Tune in this summer and find out!

I'd be OKAY with this.

But it isn't going to happen now.

BigRedChief
03-12-2013, 07:57 PM
Then why wouldn't they trade with JAX, not us?The possiblity still would exist that they could be jumped. If the Chiefs don't think Geno is not the real deal, they could trade to the Raiders. Has to be a consideration.

rageeumr
03-12-2013, 07:57 PM
On a completely unrelated note, anybody have a guess how soon new roster additions will show up at Yuki Jersey?

Bootlegged
03-12-2013, 07:58 PM
The possiblity still would exist that they could be jumped. If the Chiefs don't think Geno is not the real deal, they could trade to the Raiders.

Ah. And this happens a lot in the NFL - where a team trades away the #1 overall pick?

ChiefsCountry
03-12-2013, 07:58 PM
Chiefs just need to draft Klein and the true fans will run out of loation beating off.

rageeumr
03-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Chiefs just need to draft Klein and the true fans will run out of loation beating off.

I'm already chafing.

notorious
03-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Chiefs just need to draft Klein and the smart fans will run out of bullets shooting themselves in the face.

FYP

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Damn, it got cold in here all the sudden.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Damn, it got cold in here all the sudden.

Winter is Coming

rageeumr
03-12-2013, 08:19 PM
Athan. Always good for lolz.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/dthomashof">dthomashof</a> Chase Daniel is NOT coming to the <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Chiefs">#Chiefs</a></p>&mdash; Warpaint Illustrated (@ChiefsInsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsInsider/status/311484399210340354">March 12, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-12-2013, 08:21 PM
The above post is why fininsider reports have no meaning.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-12-2013, 08:21 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/dthomashof">dthomashof</a> Chase Daniel is NOT coming to the <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Chiefs">#Chiefs</a></p>&mdash; Warpaint Illustrated (@ChiefsInsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsInsider/status/311484399210340354">March 12, 2013</a></blockquote>

WTF?

Sorter
03-12-2013, 08:23 PM

He must be related to CoMo

RealSNR
03-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Ah. And this happens a lot in the NFL - where a team trades away the #1 overall pick?

It happens about as often as teams taking OTs with the #1 overall pick.

Hell, since 2001 it has happened EXACTLY as often as teams who don't take a QB with the #1 overall pick.

2006- Mario Williams
2008- Jake Long

2001- San Diego trades away the #1 pick in the Michael Vick year
2004- San Diego (again) trades away the #1 selection

NWTF
03-12-2013, 08:28 PM
LMAO.

When the Chiefs bottomed out this year, my single biggest hope was that we could come away with Alex Smith and Chase Daniel.

LMAO

Hey, surely you realize the tandem of Smith and Daniels can keep the Chiefs around .500 ball and occasionally better during their tenures with a mix of playoff appearances sprinkled in, so its not all bad.

Now dont tell me you had higher expectations.

NWTF
03-12-2013, 08:32 PM

Not sure of the signing bonus but the deal is reportedly 9 mil over 3 years.

Fairplay
03-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Yes....yes....yes !!
http://i.imgur.com/yTbpiLn.gif

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

Chase Daniel gets 3 yrs, $10 M, just under $5 M guaranteed. Nice $ for #2 QB.

duncan_idaho
03-12-2013, 08:36 PM
LMAO

Hey, surely you realize the tandem of Smith and Daniels can keep the Chiefs around .500 ball and occasionally better during their tenures with a mix of playoff appearances sprinkled in, so its not all bad.

Woo, getting into the dance! That's all that matters! Then all you need is a perfect storm you can culminate into a fluke Super Bowl appearance/win.

</herm speak>

Mr_Tomahawk
03-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

Yeah, he isn't getting cut during training camp.

He IS our backup.

RealSNR
03-12-2013, 08:40 PM
LMAO

I had higher expectations

Pasta Little Brioni
03-12-2013, 08:40 PM

He IS our backup.

Yeah, I'll have to agree with that.

Hammock Parties
03-12-2013, 08:41 PM

He IS our backup.

Holy fucking shit.

There will be NO Geno.

ILChief
Do we keep Stanzi as third QB, draft a late one, or sign a washed up one?

NWTF
Woo, getting into the dance! That's all that matters! Then all you need is a perfect storm you can culminate into a fluke Super Bowl appearance/win.

</herm speak>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM

WV

Hahahahahaha....thats great! Always nice to see him fail, even if we completely overpaid to get Daniel.

mcaj22
lol people that thought Chase was coming in with a get out clause.

bye Cassel, bye Dick Stanzi

ILChief
Holy fucking shit.

There will be NO Geno.

Welcome to two weeks ago

Hammock Parties
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

That's it. It's over.

Goodbye, Geno.

SAUTO
03-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Damn
Posted via Mobile Device

WV
Holy ****ing shit.

There will be NO Geno.

So sad that this FO is willing to overpay for these two jokers we have now, but its completely inconceivable to draft Geno #1.

MeatRock
That's it. It's over.

Goodbye, Geno.

LMAO :(

SAUTO
I guys mcdanielson better be our next Lenny the cool
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefspants
03-12-2013, 08:44 PM
That's it. It's over.

Goodbye, Geno.

Glad we matched Kyle Orton's contract with the Cowboys for a QB with no experience in an actual NFL game.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-12-2013, 08:44 PM
So sad that this FO is willing to overpay for these two jokers we have now, but its completely inconceivable to draft Geno #1.

They obviously see something they don't like.

mcaj22
03-12-2013, 08:46 PM
11 million and some change this season for the Smith-Daniels QB combo of doom. Taking the NFL by storm

WakkaWakka
That's it. It's over.

Goodbye, Geno.

:shake::deevee:

BigChiefFan
This team can eat shit. 30 fucking years to draft a QB and their. content with this limpdick. Incompetent

Spott
I don't mind signing him near as much as what we are giving up to bring in another backup QB to be our starter. Daniel has actually worked pretty hard on his game and probably could have had some success with New Orleans if he got to start a few games. New Orleans style of offense seemed to fit his abilities pretty well. I don't know if this offense will be better for him here, though. It's hard to get excited when so far all this team is doing is swapping backup QB's.

Fairplay
That's it. It's over.

Goodbye, Geno.

Dorey's plan is unfolding perfectly, he signed two QB's. With the first pick they can still draft Geno. But they are holding their cards very closely for a possible trade. Dorsey will see if they can add more picks. I'm thinking they might hold out until round 3-4 to draft Zac Dysert possibly.

hometeam
03-12-2013, 08:49 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I hope <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23chiefs">#chiefs</a> fans aren't too excited about Daniel. Remember he went undrafted out of Mizzou. Good for him for getting the coin though</p>&mdash; Marc Boerigter (@mboerigter) <a href="https://twitter.com/mboerigter/status/311668312847302656">March 13, 2013</a></blockquote>

Boerigter knows.

In58men
03-12-2013, 08:51 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I hope <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23chiefs">#chiefs</a> fans aren't too excited about Daniel. Remember he went undrafted out of Mizzou. Good for him for getting the coin though</p>&mdash; Marc Boerigter (@mboerigter) <a href="https://twitter.com/mboerigter/status/311668312847302656">March 13, 2013</a></blockquote>

Boerigter knows.

He pointed out he went undrafted lmfao.

That's fucking so exciting Marc

KurtCobain
Why the fuck would anybody follow Marc boerigter?

WakkaWakka
This team can eat shit. 30 ****ing years to draft a QB and their. content with this limpdick. Incompetent

Yea...mentally, I'm checked out. No more Season Tickets, no more buying any new chiefs apparel. This team is dead to me, 2013=2009. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...well, I'm not being fooled again.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-12-2013, 08:52 PM
I don't mind signing him near as much as what we are giving up to bring in another backup QB to be our starter. Daniel has actually worked pretty hard on his game and probably could have had some success with New Orleans if he got to start a few games. New Orleans style of offense seemed to fit his abilities pretty well. I don't know if this offense will be better for him here, though. It's hard to get excited when so far all this team is doing is swapping backup QB's.

Must be an MU fan.

Spott
03-12-2013, 08:53 PM

Boerigter knows.

Who is that?

Spott
03-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Must be an MU fan.

I'd follow KU players in the NFL, but they don't make it that far.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-12-2013, 08:55 PM
I'd follow KU players in the NFL, but they don't make it that far.

Yup...thought so.

Hammock Parties
03-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Who is that?

He played WR for the Chiefs for a few years til he blew out his knee.

Fan favorite. White boy slapdick.

TimeForWasp
03-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Alex Smith, Chase Daniel = Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn, Ricky Stanzi

I call this bullshit.

This is good.

BigRedChief
03-12-2013, 08:59 PM
Yea...mentally, I'm checked out. No more Season Tickets, no more buying any new chiefs apparel. This team is dead to me, 2013=2009. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...well, I'm not being fooled again.http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m59pk2YeIb1r5feico1_400.jpg

mcaj22
03-12-2013, 08:59 PM
can anyone explain how this guy got the same exact contract as Kyle Orton did? because that's the part I just don't understand here.

Spott
03-12-2013, 09:00 PM
Yup...thought so.

I only said he could have had some success in New Orleans offense. Probably could have went 8-8 with them at best. I've seen a lot of Saints preseason games the past couple of years because they show them a lot down here. He doesn't really have the ability to be a starter for this or probably most teams, IMO. But of course I could just say he sucks because he played for a rival school because that's so much more insightful.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2013, 09:01 PM
can anyone explain how this guy got the same exact contract as Kyle Orton did? because that's the part I just don't understand here.

That's a pretty standard rate right now for backup QBs in FA, actually.

The bottom line is that Daniel is overpaid and Orton is underpaid.

And of course, Daniel's the one in KC despite 2 different GMs pulling the trigger because...well...KC. 'Nuff said, really.

okcchief
03-12-2013, 09:01 PM
That's it. It's over.

Goodbye, Geno.

It was over 2 weeks ago. I'm glad to see you've caught up.

MeatRock
03-12-2013, 09:02 PM

Because he backed up Drew Brees didn't you know?

Spott
03-12-2013, 09:02 PM
He played WR for the Chiefs for a few years til he blew out his knee.

Fan favorite. White boy slapdick.

I remember LaChappelle, but for some reason his name doesn't ring a bell.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-12-2013, 09:03 PM
Boerigter caught a 99 yard pass against the Chargers in 2002 in the game after Priest got his hip snapt.

DJ's left nut

He caught like a 98 yd touchdown pass for us once.

That's about it. People thought he would be awesome after that...mostly because our fans are stupid.

He wasn't. He's gone now. The end.

ratchet
anyone know when they're gonna hold press conferences for the new acquisitions?

Ming the Merciless
03-12-2013, 09:04 PM
guys I dont know much about Daniels...

This has to be win though right? I mean this is andy fucking reid

the man who got us Alex Smith and Fasano

the guy who is going balls out on a OL with the 1 overall

this is win right?

Mr_Tomahawk
03-12-2013, 09:04 PM
I only said he could have had some success in New Orleans offense. Probably could have went 8-8 with them at best. I've seen a lot of Saints preseason games the past couple of years because they show them a lot down here. He doesn't really have the ability to be a starter for this or probably most teams, IMO. But of course I just say he sucks because he played for a rival school because that's so much more insightful.

This has nothing to do with rival schools. Fuck I would rather have Josh Freeman right now than ANY of the QBs on our roster. Daniel is undersized and overpaid. If he was brought here as a 3rd stringer I wouldn't care as much, but the fact that he is taking the sport our developmental QB was suppose to take, pisses me off. He was a good College QB, someday will make a good coach, but will never amount to anything in the Pros.

okcchief
03-12-2013, 09:05 PM
In 2 years you guys will be sporting your #10 jerseys while picking your boogers and eating them.

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 09:05 PM
I already have the booger part covered.

Oh wait. Out loud.

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 09:07 PM
This has nothing to do with rival schools. **** I would rather have Josh Freeman right now than ANY of the QBs on our roster. Daniel is undersized and overpaid. If he was brought here as a 3rd stringer I wouldn't care as much, but the fact that he is taking the sport our developmental QB was suppose to take, pisses me off. He was a good College QB, someday will make a good coach, but will never amount to anything in the Pros.He's undersized, overpaid, and is an undrafted qb that hasn't played a meaningful down in 4 years in the league. It's like paying millions for Tyler Pigpo.

okcchief
03-12-2013, 09:08 PM
This has nothing to do with rival schools. Fuck I would rather have Josh Freeman right now than ANY of the QBs on our roster. Daniel is undersized and overpaid. If he was brought here as a 3rd stringer I wouldn't care as much, but the fact that he is taking the sport our developmental QB was suppose to take, pisses me off. He was a good College QB, someday will make a good coach, but will never amount to anything in the Pros.

That first Freeman rumor of swapping firsts with Tampa and getting him I loved. Most people here shit all over that. Looks pretty fucking good about now, huh?

Mr_Tomahawk
03-12-2013, 09:09 PM
That first Freeman rumor of swapping firsts with Tampa and getting him I loved. Most people here shit all over that. Looks pretty ****ing good about now, huh?

I was one of the people who here who shit all over that...

I WAS FUCKING WRONG.

I would take that in a minutes compared to the bullshit we are in now...

alpha_omega

99 yards.

Frazod
This is my happiest day as a Chief fan in years! PBJ

Spott

He's definitely getting overpaid, especially for a backup. It's more frustrating to me that we now still just have 3 backup QB's on the roster and now it's almost certain we aren't drafting a QB this year either so this team will be stuck in mediocrity until we start flying banners again.

okcchief
He's undersized, overpaid, and is an undrafted qb that hasn't played a meaningful down in 4 years in the league. It's like paying millions for Tyler Pigpo.

No one is worse than Palko. Lets not get carried away.

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Boerigter caught a 99 yard pass against the Chargers in 2002 in the game after Priest got his hip snapt.Holy shit, Boerigter was 11 years ago?!? Christ I've wasted my life on here.

Anybody remember that TE/WR whose mom posted here? Who was that. Mikhael Ricks?

Spott
03-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Holy shit, Boerigter was 11 years ago?!? Christ I've wasted my life on here.

Anybody remember that TE/WR whose mom posted here? Who was that. Mikhael Ricks?

I only remember Tynes's girlfriend.

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 09:12 PM
No one is worse than Palko. Lets not get carried away.Technically I was calling him an amalgam of Palko and Thigpen. The Tylers.

MeatRock

Why? Is it because you are a Chase Daniel's fan or a Mizzou fan that thinks it's hilarious that the Chief's signed chase Daniels?

KcMizzou
Boerigter caught a 99 yard pass against the Chargers in 2002 in the game after Priest got his hip snapt.I was at that game.

I have nothing else to add.

jspchief
Jason La Canfora &rlm;@JasonLaCanfora

Chiefs agree to terms with QB Chase Daniel - Jets were very interested in him too. Likely to be worth over $3m per year

3m per for Chase Stanzi and 34 overall for Alex Smith.

jfc

KurtCobain
03-12-2013, 09:13 PM
I love this.

okcchief
03-12-2013, 09:17 PM
I was one of the people who here who shit all over that...

I WAS FUCKING WRONG.

I would take that in a minutes compared to the bullshit we are in now...

It's the Alex Smith trade that bursts my bubble. I kind of like the Chase Daniel lottery ticket. I would love it had we had only made this move at QB and drafted someone instead. Alex Smith was the worst option to me. Give me Foles, Freeman or whatever. I really hope Reid makes us all look like dipshits, but then again it's going to take a Jesus Christ like performance. I don't believe they have their QB that starts 2014 year on this roster right now. The only saving grace I see is I don't see them being stubborn about it like Pioli. Then again it's the Chiefs so who knows?

Frazod
03-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Why? Is it because you are a Chase Daniel's fan or a Mizzou fan that thinks it's hilarious that the Chief's signed chase Daniels?

He's the only quarterback on a team I've rooted for since Trent Green that doesn't fucking suck, that's why. Because I was at the 2007 KU/MU game, and it was the greatest fucking thing ever. Because I think he has the ability to win in this league, and I've always wanted to see him wearing Chiefs red, and I never thought it would happen, until it actually did. Because it's my dream to see Chase Daniel win a Super Bowl in Kansas City, and the first step of that happening is him actually being on the team.

Maybe he'll never amount to shit. Maybe he'll never see the field. Maybe he does and pisses down his leg. But he's here, and I'm fucking thrilled. And I really don't give a shit how many Geno Smith ballwashers are annoyed over it.

Fairplay
03-12-2013, 09:21 PM
I only remember Tynes's girlfriend.

Tynes's girlfriend reminded me of SimplyRed for some reason, heh.

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 09:23 PM
It's the Alex Smith trade that bursts my bubble. I kind of like the Chase Daniel lottery ticket. I would love it had we had only made this move at QB and drafted someone instead. Alex Smith was the worst option to me. Give me Foles, Freeman or whatever. I really hope Reid makes us all look like dipshits, but then again it's going to take a Jesus Christ like performance. I don't believe they have their QB that starts 2014 year on this roster right now. The only saving grace I see is I don't see them being stubborn about it like *****. Then again it's the Chiefs so who knows?Yep.

Alex Smith is literally to me exactly the same move as trading for Cassel 4 years ago.

Yes, he's maybe a slightly better player, but we've once again given up a 2nd round pick, this time for a guy literally nobody wanted in free agency a year ago. Once again for a guy that can't operate a offense that leans in any way towards the pass. Another anchor that mandates a 550-carry RRbC mind-numbing ball-control/clock management offense that plays not to lose. Another anchor that guarantees continued playoff futility unless we have both the best running game and the best defense in the league, and even then it will be a close thing at best.

And it's absolutely head-scratching, because none of that is what Andy Reid has done in the past.

I guess the hope is that he can turn Alex Smith into something he never has been, and was never projected to be coming into the draft.

Chase Daniel, on the other hand, I don't really care one way or the other about. It seems like a waste of 3 million, but it's not my money.

RealSNR
03-12-2013, 09:23 PM
This move is like trading in the color TV for a mystery box on Let's Make A Deal. The contestant just spent a lot of effort winning the TV in an elaborate game, so it stands to reason that the box probably isn't anything exceptional that would be better than the TV. It's too small to fit a car under the box. Sure, it might be something cool like a trip or a motorbike. It's possible that it might be a downgrade like a new washer/dryer. But at this stage, the color TV is very very nice. Take it for fuck's sake. More than likely, there's probably zonk under the box.

Chase Daniel is the mystery box. We're giving up a valuable color TV (trade down leverage, $10 million for a fucking backup QB, the chance to use a mid-round draft pick as the developmental guy we all wanted when Reid was hired) for not a lot of possibilities that we'll get something better. It's POSSIBLE that there's a Kurt Warner under the box. It's more likely, however, that it's a fucking Tyler Palko. It's probably just a lousy Graham Harrell that we don't know WTF to do with.

It's a puzzling and exceptionally stupid move that really makes me question if these two assholes in Reid and Dorsey know wtf they're doing at all.

KcMizzou
03-12-2013, 09:25 PM
He's the only quarterback on a team I've rooted for since Trent Green that doesn't fucking suck, that's why. Because I was at the 2007 KU/MU game, and it was the greatest fucking thing ever. Because I think he has the ability to win in this league, and I've always wanted to see him wearing Chiefs red, and I never thought it would happen, until it actually did. Because it's my dream to see Chase Daniel win a Super Bowl in Kansas City, and the first step of that happening is him actually being on the team.

Maybe he'll never amount to shit. Maybe he'll never see the field. Maybe he does and pisses down his leg. But he's here, and I'm fucking thrilled. And I really don't give a shit how many Geno Smith ballwashers are annoyed over it.Jesus, dude... you just got me all hyped up about this! Gonna be crazy to see how it works out. At the very worst, the preseason games just got a hell of a lot more interesting.

Tits McGee
03-12-2013, 09:26 PM
He's the only quarterback on a team I've rooted for since Trent Green that doesn't ****ing suck, that's why. Because I was at the 2007 KU/MU game, and it was the greatest ****ing thing ever. Because I think he has the ability to win in this league, and I've always wanted to see him wearing Chiefs red, and I never thought it would happen, until it actually did. Because it's my dream to see Chase Daniel win a Super Bowl in Kansas City, and the first step of that happening is him actually being on the team.

Maybe he'll never amount to shit. Maybe he'll never see the field. Maybe he does and pisses down his leg. But he's here, and I'm ****ing thrilled. And I really don't give a shit how many Geno Smith ballwashers are annoyed over it.

DITTO.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2013, 09:28 PM
Jesus, dude... you just got me all hyped up about this! Gonna be crazy to see how it works out. At the very worst, the preseason games just got a hell of a lot more interesting.

True.

I'll get to dust off the ol' #10 jersey a time or two.

So that's exciting...

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Jesus, dude... you just got me all hyped up about this! Gonna be crazy to see how it works out. At the very worst, the preseason games just got a hell of a lot more interesting.Hopefully they keep Stanzi so we can have some awesome homer brawling in the stands.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-12-2013, 09:32 PM
I always thought Daniel could be a poor man's Jeff Garcia.

I don't mind the signing itself whatsoever. In fact, I would have loved for us to sign him with a chance to compete with a rookie QB for the starting job this season. What bothers me is that it indicates that we're going to piss away the most valuable pick in the history of the franchise on an overrated LT who will replace a very good LT that we already have, thus ensuring that the previous year of abject misery was a complete waste.

duncan_idaho
03-12-2013, 09:33 PM

I don't mind the signing itself whatsoever. In fact, I would have loved for us to sign him with a chance to compete with a rookie QB for the starting job this season. What bothers me is that it indicates that we're going to piss away the most valuable pick in the history of the franchise on an overrated LT who will replace a very good LT that we already have, thus ensuring that the previous year of abject misery was a complete waste.

You left out the part where the LT the Chiefs take ends up being the third-best LT in this draft.

Mav
03-12-2013, 09:34 PM
You're a ****ing idiot.

Whether or not Alex Smith is a good QB isn't the point.

The point is the Chiefs haven't drafted a QB in the first round since the early 80s.

They have the 1st overall pick-for the first time in franchise history since the merger-and trade for Alex Smith as well as signing Daniel.

They literally went through this exact same experience 4 years ago and look where it's gotten them. Back to square one.

stfu, and stay out of grown folks business. What I tried telling people here was that Andy Reid, and John Dorsey, didnt see a true franchise qb to take pick 1.1 If they take the advice of dopes like that are on this board, they are on their ass in two years. Stfu, back up, sit down, and move away.

Mav

Joeckel, is going to be a better pro than Geno Smith.

At least Andy thinks so.

MeatRock
He's the only quarterback on a team I've rooted for since Trent Green that doesn't ****ing suck, that's why. Because I was at the 2007 KU/MU game, and it was the greatest ****ing thing ever. Because I think he has the ability to win in this league, and I've always wanted to see him wearing Chiefs red, and I never thought it would happen, until it actually did. Because it's my dream to see Chase Daniel win a Super Bowl in Kansas City, and the first step of that happening is him actually being on the team.

Maybe he'll never amount to shit. Maybe he'll never see the field. Maybe he does and pisses down his leg. But he's here, and I'm ****ing thrilled. And I really don't give a shit how many Geno Smith ballwashers are annoyed over it.

Well, that answered my question. :D

Setsuna
03-12-2013, 09:35 PM

If you guys got Percy this wouldn't have happened.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-12-2013, 09:36 PM

At least Andy thinks so.

The Chiefs had two Top 10 Tackles at their respective sides. It's foolish to waste a 2-14 season on the position. An absolute waste. They cut a Top 5 RT to potentially make room for someone who may not ever play at that level. It's ridiculous.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2013, 09:36 PM

At least Andy thinks so.

Joeckel isn't going to be a better pro than Brandon Albert and he damn sure isn't going to be a good enough RT to ever justify keeping him over there as the first overall pick.

It would make more sense to cut Tamba Hali and draft Dion Jordan than it would to let Albert Walk and take Joeckel. In fact, it's not even a close call.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Will he cruise around Columbia on tuesdays flashing his ring? I would..

ChiefsCountry
03-12-2013, 09:38 PM

Jockel wasn't even the best tackle on his team, yet he is suppose to be the #1 pick. Chiefs are the dumbest fucking franchise.

RealSNR

At least Andy thinks so.

I doubt it.

Geno Smith is a QB. He doesn't have to do very much to prove he's a better player than Joeckel.

If Joeckel becomes the next Willie Roaf, that's one thing. But if he smells even REMOTELY mediocre (like Jake Long even) he'll be pronounced a monumental bust. Geno is a far better bet.

RyFo18
Interesting that Reid and Dorsey go after a guy from a non-WCO background.

Chase doesn't have much arm strength so I assume they're hoping he can nail the short-intermediate routes the WCO thrives on.

This move was made strictly for ticket sales. Chase is not a WC qb, no other reason to go after him

See above.

Chase can sling it deep.

See above. I'd be surprised if he can throw farther than Cassel.

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 09:39 PM
Maybe they're going to strap Daniel to Smith's back and hope that the two of them combine to have enough arm strength to throw the ball 10 yards.

RealSNR
03-12-2013, 09:42 PM
Sam Bradford's been kind of meh as a #1 overall pick, hasn't he?

If Geno Smith manages to be AT LEAST Sam Bradford good (a VERY reasonable goal in my opinion) then he automatically becomes a better pro than Luke Joeckel.

Because Bradford and Smith are QBs. And the year is 2013, not 1913.

KcMizzou
03-12-2013, 09:44 PM
I doubt it.

Geno Smith is a QB. He doesn't have to do very much to prove he's a better player than Joeckel.

If Joeckel becomes the next Willie Roaf, that's one thing. But if he smells even REMOTELY mediocre (like Jake Long even) he'll be pronounced a monumental bust. Geno is a far better bet.Depends where Geno is drafted. If it's high, he'll be judged harshly. If he falls, he gets a tiny benefit of the doubt.

But everyone's eyes are on the QB. A lineman gets much more of a pass.

RyFo18
03-12-2013, 09:44 PM

If Geno Smith manages to be AT LEAST Sam Bradford good (a VERY reasonable goal in my opinion) then he automatically becomes a better pro than Luke Joeckel.

I'd disagree here. It's really a wash as the Rams are still looking for O-linemen after drafting a ton early over the last couple of years. Not to mention Bradford caused them to miss out on RGIII.

7-9
2-14
7-8-1

That's what Bradford's gotten for the Rams. That's what people say Alex Smith will get us.

duncan_idaho
03-12-2013, 09:45 PM

No teh offensive line is teh way to win and Alberts was a LG in college. That's his natural position, they should move him.

And they needs to save money, so they can franchise Alberts, draft Joeckel and then move him over to LT when Alberts walks next year.

moaaar OL.

RealSNR
03-12-2013, 09:45 PM
Depends where Geno is drafted. If it's high, he'll be judged harshly. If he falls, he gets a tiny benefit of the doubt.

But everyone's eyes are on the QB. A lineman gets much more of a pass.

Let's say the worst happens. Chiefs draft Joeckel, Raiders draft Geno.

Joeckel plays as well as Jake Long. Geno plays like Sam Bradford.

Geno wins.

Hammock Parties
03-12-2013, 09:46 PM
The good news is if Alex Smith gets hurt, which happens a lot, we can count on Chase Daniel.

When did he suddenly become a competent #2? Did I miss something? Because Chase Daniel smells like 130 yards passing.

Pasta Little Brioni

Joeckel plays as well as Jake Long. Geno plays like Matt Ryan.

Jake wins.

FYP/Dane

RyFo18

Geno wins.

Not if Alex Smith plays like Sam Bradford.

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 09:48 PM

Geno wins.If Geno's taken anywhere in the top 10, we made a mistake in judgement. If he goes in the top 5, we made an enormous one, because the trade and signing today essentially killed two birds with one stone by guaranteeing that we aren't drafting him, and therein likely guaranteeing that nobody will trade with us, or, if they do, we'll be giving them a discount that would make Sam Walton blush.

That's the thing not enough people are talking about. It's not just about failing to draft Geno Smith. They absolutely killed their flexibility. They can look at all the ends and tackles and corners they want, nobody is moving up for any of them. And anybody that wants a QB just has to get to 2 now.

KurtCobain
03-12-2013, 09:56 PM
This is such an amazing signing. And it makes the Alex Smith trade retarded. We got our guy in Chase.

Mav
03-12-2013, 10:02 PM
If Geno's taken anywhere in the top 10, we made a mistake in judgement. If he goes in the top 5, we made an enormous one, because the trade and signing today essentially killed two birds with one stone by guaranteeing that we aren't drafting him, and therein likely guaranteeing that nobody will trade with us, or, if they do, we'll be giving them a discount that would make Sam Walton blush.

That's the thing not enough people are talking about. It's not just about failing to draft Geno Smith. They absolutely killed their flexibility. They can look at all the ends and tackles and corners they want, nobody is moving up for any of them. And anybody that wants a QB just has to get to 2 now.

oh, someone is taking geno in the top ten.

My guess is at this point, its going to be the bills. They just released Fitz, and just signed Tavaris Jackson. Barkley is going to the Cards.

The jags arent going to take him I dont believe, the raiders are restructuring carson palmers, and want to see what they have in pryor, the eagles have vick, dixon, and foles, and cleveland is going with weeden.

That puts barkley at 7, and geno at 8.

okcchief
03-12-2013, 10:05 PM

I feel the same way. I love bringing in Daniel if he's competing against a rookie QB.

Mav
03-12-2013, 10:06 PM
I feel the same way. I love bringing in Daniel if he's competing against a rookie QB.

He would be a perfect mentor to a young guy.

KC native
03-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Isn't next years class supposed to be worse than this years is perceived?

Looks like dogshit to me, yes.

Bridgewater, Logan Thomas and Aaron Murray. If none of this year's crop is worth a high pick, none of next year's crop is either.

CASEY MOTHERFUCKING I DO DRUGS PACHALL IS COMING TO THE NFL NEXT YEAR. Woooo TCU Wooooo

MeatRock
03-12-2013, 10:12 PM
He would be a perfect mentor to a young guy.

What? Daniel needs pro experience to be a mentor to any rookie QB, thus he has none.

Mav
03-12-2013, 10:14 PM
What? Daniel needs pro experience to be a mentor to any rookie QB, thus he has none.

Doug Pederson was a mentor for years. Steve Bono, before he got his shot, Ken Dorsey, all qb mentors, only bono really had a starting gig. Something to be said for a comfortable back up. Jason Garrett was another one.

Hammock Parties
03-12-2013, 10:19 PM
get EXCITED

STRETCH THE FIELD

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/chasedinksanddunks.gif

KC native
03-12-2013, 10:29 PM
Just read through the thread. FML Why am I still a fan? unfucking believeable.

O.city
03-12-2013, 10:30 PM
Well,,, they did just go get the top available QB and backup Qb available, so?????

Chiefs Pantalones
03-12-2013, 10:35 PM
Yep.

Alex Smith is literally to me exactly the same move as trading for Cassel 4 years ago.

Yes, he's maybe a slightly better player, but we've once again given up a 2nd round pick, this time for a guy literally nobody wanted in free agency a year ago. Once again for a guy that can't operate a offense that leans in any way towards the pass. Another anchor that mandates a 550-carry RRbC mind-numbing ball-control/clock management offense that plays not to lose. Another anchor that guarantees continued playoff futility unless we have both the best running game and the best defense in the league, and even then it will be a close thing at best.

And it's absolutely head-scratching, because none of that is what Andy Reid has done in the past.

I guess the hope is that he can turn Alex Smith into something he never has been, and was never projected to be coming into the draft.

Chase Daniel, on the other hand, I don't really care one way or the other about. It seems like a waste of 3 million, but it's not my money.
The only possible reason for optimism in all this is Dorsey and Reid both said when hired that they will find the franchise QB that the Chiefs have been without for decades...but it might not be this year.

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2013, 10:39 PM
I know absolutely nothing about Chase Daniel, other than he received the best possible coaching and mentorship over the past four years in New Orleans.

Mav
03-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Well,,, they did just go get the top available QB and backup Qb available, so?????

Got me. They didnt get geno!!!! They be dumbasses!!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Yea...mentally, I'm checked out. No more Season Tickets, no more buying any new chiefs apparel. This team is dead to me, 2013=2009. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...well, I'm not being fooled again.

Welcome to MY two weeks ago. This FO is just not that good, and that's all there fucking is to it. But there's good news: you can join myself and others in pure, unadulterated hate!
Consider this; the careers of the "Herm Guys" are pretty much dead under these fools. Because of lateral FA moves and complete ineptitude at addressing the QB position, our best players will more than likely never see the chance for a ring under Reid/Dorsey. That's an AWESOME reason to hate, and hate with GUSTO. Join us. Join the darkside. It helped kill Peeholi, and you can get in on the ground floor of killing these two fools as well! Just meditate on it a while. You will see.....it is the only way.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav
03-12-2013, 10:42 PM
I know absolutely nothing about Chase Daniel, other than he received the best possible coaching and mentorship over the past four years in New Orleans.

He did. And he was allowed to leave, and not pursued by one team that was looking for a starting qb. He is the equivilant of Colt McCoy.

Smart as hell, but doesnt have the arm to make the throws necessary.

He is a back up qb. Thats all he is ever going to be.

MeatRock
03-12-2013, 10:42 PM
Welcome to MY two weeks ago. This FO is just not that good, and that's all there ****ing is to it. But there's good news: you can join myself and others in pure, unadulterated hate!
Consider this; the careers of the "Herm Guys" are pretty much dead under these fools. Because of lateral FA moves and complete ineptitude at addressing the QB position, our best players will more than likely never see the chance for a ring under Reid/Dorsey. That's an AWESOME reason to hate, and hate with GUSTO. Join us. Join the darkside. It helped kill Peeholi, and you can get in on the ground floor of killing these two fools as well! Just meditate on it a while. You will see.....it is the only way.
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO :shake:

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-12-2013, 10:49 PM
guys I dont know much about Daniels...

This has to be win though right? I mean this is andy fucking reid

the man who got us Alex Smith and Fasano

the guy who is going balls out on a OL with the 1 overall

this is win right?

I say this in all sincerity; I think a true mental illness has set in with these men.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav
03-12-2013, 10:50 PM
I say this in all sincerity; I think a true mental illness has set in with these men.
Posted via Mobile Device

Genius usually starts out as madness.

Discuss Thrower
03-12-2013, 10:52 PM
Genius usually starts out as madness.

You're a pathetic excuse for a troll man. Not even people who fight in real struggles say stuff like this, let alone ones on message boards.

okcchief
03-12-2013, 10:53 PM
He did. And he was allowed to leave, and not pursued by one team that was looking for a starting qb. He is the equivilant of Colt McCoy.

Smart as hell, but doesnt have the arm to make the throws necessary.

He is a back up qb. Thats all he is ever going to be.

I bet you his arm is as good as Alex Smith :)

CoMoChief
03-12-2013, 10:54 PM

people play the "mentorship" card a lot more than it needs to be played.

drew brees doesn't "mentor" chase daniel. drew brees works on his own game and gets his timing down with this wr's and Oline because he's the starting Qb.

this is a misconception that many fans have. Just because one guy was a backup behind someone that is great, doesn't mean that guy will pick up his game and imitate him.

Most players will tell you that you have to be your own guy. Rodgers will tell you that Favre didn't help him do shit. If he had a question or wanted to talk about certain things they would, because they're teammates, but the "mentor" card gets played waaaaaay too often.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-12-2013, 10:54 PM

lmao he may be a retard, Fraz, but he's OUR fucking retard! W00t!
Posted via Mobile Device

crazycoffey
03-12-2013, 10:55 PM
I bet you his arm is as good as Alex Smith :)

And they're both better arms than casshole

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2013, 10:56 PM
people play the "mentorship" card a lot more than it needs to be played.

drew brees doesn't "mentor" chase daniel. drew brees works on his own game and gets his timing down with this wr's and Oline because he's the starting Qb.

this is a misconception that many fans have. Just because one guy was a backup behind someone that is great, doesn't mean that guy will pick up his game and imitate him.

Most players will tell you that you have to be your own guy. Rodgers will tell you that Favre didn't help him do shit. If he had a question or wanted to talk about certain things they would, because they're teammates, but the "mentor" card gets played waaaaaay too often.

LMAO

Chase Daniel was around Drew Brees every single day for four years. Whether or not there's intentional mentoring, Daniel, as a undrafted free agent, learned how to prepare from one of the best QB's in the game and from some of the best (if not THE best in Payton) coaches in the game.

Discuss Thrower
03-12-2013, 11:00 PM
LMAO

Chase Daniel was around Drew Brees every single day for four years. Whether or not there's intentional mentoring, Daniel, as a undrafted free agent, learned how to prepare from one of the best QB's in the game and from some of the best (if not THE best in Payton) coaches in the game.

And Matt Cassel was tutored by Carson Palmer AND Tom Brady, so what?

boogblaster
03-12-2013, 11:02 PM
here we go .. too where .....

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2013, 11:05 PM
And Matt Cassel was tutored by Carson Palmer AND Tom Brady, so what?

I'd have a bigger issue if Chase Daniel was signed to start.

He wasn't.

If Daniel can come off the bench occasionally and win some games, like Feeley, Garcia, etc., it'll have been a great move.

Hopefully, he never sees the field.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-12-2013, 11:05 PM

At least Andy thinks so.

Around here, we dont "trust the process", and we dont give a FUCK what Carl, Marty, Scott, John or Andy fucking THINK. So PLEASE; get that through your thick fucking skull, and stop posting stupid comments like that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Discuss Thrower
03-12-2013, 11:08 PM

He wasn't.

If Daniel can come off the bench occasionally and win some games, like Feeley, Garcia, etc., it'll have been a great move.

The problem isnt he wasnt signed to start, it's that he's signed to be a 'project' guy who is a backup and therefore reason enough not to draft a legit prospect QB in the next 3 years.

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2013, 11:09 PM
Around here, we dont "trust the process", and we dont give a FUCK what Carl, Marty, Scott, John or Andy fucking THINK. So PLEASE; get that through your thick fucking skull, and stop posting stupid comments like that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Who's "We"?

I called out Pioli and Haley as frauds in early 2009. But I believe in giving Reid and Dorsey some time to reshape this roster and put a plan in place because the Chiefs have been an epic clusterfuck since 2005.

It's funny how 99.999999% of this forum was all for giving Pioli a "pass" for 2009, making all kinds of excuses for his shit moves such as Cassel, Toomer, Goof, Thomas, etc. and so on.

Yet, the new GM that's spent the past 21 years in Green Bay and a man who coached his team to five consecutive NFC Championships and a Super Bowl are already considered morons just a few weeks into their tenure.

It makes no fucking sense.

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2013, 11:09 PM
The problem isnt he wasnt signed to start, it's that he's signed to be a 'project' guy who is a backup and therefore reason enough not to draft a legit prospect QB in the next 3 years.

Sorry, I don't buy that, at all.

You're projecting.

RyFo18
03-12-2013, 11:12 PM

You're overrating the 'project' guy.

I'm getting this quote wrong but it's something to the effect that 90 or so quarterbacks have been selected in the 3rd round or later in the last 10 years and only Russell Wilson is starting for the team that drafted him.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
03-12-2013, 11:12 PM
Awesome. Get to see a backwards hat wearing douchebag eat his boogers on the sideline. And if he ever does get in game watch him put everything he's got into a 5 yard out and swing pass Charles into early retirement.

Ohh, and lets hope Tebow doesn't come to KC just to avoid Daniel trying to kiss on him.

Discuss Thrower
03-12-2013, 11:13 PM
Sorry, I don't buy that, at all.

You're projecting.

In relation to your feelings about Dorsey, then why trade for Alex Smith when you could get the same type of player, for all intents and purposes, in a Matt Moore or David Garrard?

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2013, 11:15 PM
In relation to your feelings about Dorsey, then why trade for Alex Smith when you could get the same type of player, for all intents and purposes, in a Matt Moore or David Garrard?

Matt Moore wasn't available and David Garrard hasn't played in the NFL since 2010 and is 34 years old.

You know, the league year just started today and there's seven weeks until the draft. I think there's a very good chance that the Chiefs trade out of #1, pick up additional choices this year and next, which will "ease the pain" of the people that feel like the #34 was too much to give up for Alex Smith.

Plus, if he actually wins something, all will be quickly forgotten.

Mav
03-12-2013, 11:17 PM

David Garrard just signed on as the back up to mark sanchez.

Matt Moore just reupped to back up with the phins.

The draft class is super weak at qb, the free agent qb class is weak as hell.

There are at least 5 teams that need to upgrade at qb, and none thought those two were worth shit.

Im not sure if its more people underrating alex smith, or overrating these scrub ass qbs.......

crazycoffey
03-12-2013, 11:19 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Of course the alternate is to believe you have the answers? STFU

Discuss Thrower
03-12-2013, 11:19 PM
Matt Moore wasn't available and David Garrard hasn't played in the NFL since 2010 and is 34 years old.

You know, the league year just started today and there's seven weeks until the draft. I think there's a very good chance that the Chiefs trade out of #1, pick up additional choices this year and next, which will "ease the pain" of the people that feel like the #34 was too much to give up for Alex Smith.

Plus, if he actually wins something, all will be quickly forgotten.

Those wins could be as few as 14 ofer the next 2 years (ON par with Cassel) or it could be as many as 20 with two playoff appearances and zero wins to show for it.

A 1st round QB can just as likely get you to either of those watermarks as Alex Smith.

KurtCobain
03-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Who's "We"?

I called out Pioli and Haley as frauds in early 2009. But I believe in giving Reid and Dorsey some time to reshape this roster and put a plan in place because the Chiefs have been an epic clusterfuck since 2005.

It's funny how 99.999999% of this forum was all for giving Pioli a "pass" for 2009, making all kinds of excuses for his shit moves such as Cassel, Toomer, Goof, Thomas, etc. and so on.

Yet, the new GM that's spent the past 21 years in Green Bay and a man who coached his team to five consecutive NFC Championships and a Super Bowl are already considered morons just a few weeks into their tenure.

Pioli crashing into epic fail 2-14 after all the cassel hate and save our chiefs went to people's heads.

Discuss Thrower
03-12-2013, 11:21 PM
David Garrard just signed on as the back up to mark sanchez.

Matt Moore just reupped to back up with the phins.

The draft class is super weak at qb, the free agent qb class is weak as hell.

There are at least 5 teams that need to upgrade at qb, and none thought those two were worth shit.

Im not sure if its more people underrating alex smith, or overrating these scrub ass qbs.......

Only Arizona and KC wanted Smith.

In a "weak" draft and FA class.

One of those teams could never trade for AS unless the pulled a Ditka.

What does that tell you?

Mav
03-12-2013, 11:25 PM
Only Arizona and KC wanted Smith.

In a "weak" draft and FA class.

One of those teams could never trade for AS unless the pulled a Ditka.

What does that tell you?

Says who? There were several teams linked at one point or another to Alex Smith, and first of all, the 49ers were not going to trade Alex Smith to the Cardinals, so either KC was bidding against themselves or there was another team out there who wanted him.

I had read rumors of the Jets, Bills, Jags, browns all at one time wanting alex smith.

Discuss Thrower
03-12-2013, 11:27 PM
Says who? There were several teams linked at one point or another to Alex Smith, and first of all, the 49ers were not going to trade Alex Smith to the Cardinals, so either KC was bidding against themselves or there was another team out there who wanted him.

I had read rumors of the Jets, Bills, Jags, browns all at one time wanting alex smith.

Show your work. One legitmately sourced and cited journalistic article from each city.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-12-2013, 11:29 PM

Positives:

Very accurate on short and intermediate routes.
Football rat
Intelligent
Underrated mobility
Better player in pads than in gym shorts

Negatives:

Short
Weak Arm. The farthest he's thrown a ball on a crow hop is about 64 yards
Unknown at this level.

He definitely wasn't a choker at MU, but I never felt like he laid the smack down against a good team in an evenly-matched game. He played well against Kansas, but OU was able to frustrate our offense in all the games he played. He had otherworldly talent. Maclin, Rucker, Coffman, Danario, and Will Franklin were all NFL players.

He had a bad reputation around Columbia as a bit of a drunk and a douchebag. Almost like a homeless man's Roethlisberger.

He has the right combination of intangibles and underrated, but passable physical skills to give him a chance to be a very good backup QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-12-2013, 11:29 PM

He wasn't.

I gurantee you by week ten that boy WILL be seeing the field, and in HIS case; I'll actually cheer for the Chiefs Quarterback.( picks up his dice ) Come on sweet concussion; daddy needs a new QB!
And remember; I was behind this move from the get-go, pointing out that Daniel was better than any option on the roster, Fuck-O included!
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Daniel is also friends with Warren Buffet, so he'll likely have an excellent retirement portfolio.

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Positives:

Very accurate on short and intermediate routes.
Football rat
Intelligent
Underrated mobility
Better player in pads than in gym shorts

Negatives:

Short
Weak Arm. The farthest he's thrown a ball on a crow hop is about 64 yards
Unknown at this level.

He definitely wasn't a choker at MU, but I never felt like he laid the smack down against a good team in an evenly-matched game. He played well against Kansas, but OU was able to frustrate our offense in all the games he played. He had otherworldly talent. Maclin, Rucker, Coffman, Danario, and Will Franklin were all NFL players.

He had a bad reputation around Columbia as a bit of a drunk and a douchebag. Almost like a homeless man's Roethlisberger.

He has the right combination of intangibles and underrated, but passable physical skills to give him a chance to be a very good backup QB.

Thank you for the insight!

Do you believe that there's any way that he's improved his mechanics enough under Lombardi and Payton to where it's possible that he improved his arm strength, or were his mechanics never in question?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-12-2013, 11:33 PM
Daniel is also friends with Warren Buffet, so he'll likely have an excellent retirement portfolio.

That IS important.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav
03-12-2013, 11:34 PM
I gurantee you by week ten that boy WILL be seeing the field, and in HIS case; I'll actually cheer for the Chiefs Quarterback.( picks up his dice ) Come on sweet concussion; daddy needs a new QB!
And remember; I was behind this move from the get-go, pointing out that Daniel was better than any option on the roster, ****-O included!
Posted via Mobile Device

god you are such a loser. Seriously, if you got hit by a bus tomorrow, i would literally smile. You are that big of a piece of crap.

Mav
03-12-2013, 11:35 PM

Do you believe that there's any way that he's improved his mechanics enough under Lombardi and Payton to where it's possible that he improved his arm strength, or were his mechanics never in question?

I dont think his mechanics were ever the problem. He just lacks the ability to drive the ball. He can float it, almost anyone can float a ball, he cant drive it at all. Much like Ryan Fitzpatrick.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-12-2013, 11:37 PM

His footwork would have needed a little work coming out, and he was terrible under center, as all MU QBs have been.

I haven't seen enough of him in NO to have an informed opinion about his arm strength.

It's possible, but even with improvement, at his best his arm would be somewhere between Green and Huard.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-12-2013, 11:38 PM
I dont think his mechanics were ever the problem. He just lacks the ability to drive the ball. He can float it, almost anyone can float a ball, he cant drive it at all. Much like Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Mechanics are issues for every Mizzou QB. Shut up.

Mav
03-12-2013, 11:39 PM
His footwork would have needed a little work coming out, and he was terrible under center, as all MU QBs have been.

I haven't seen enough of him in NO to have an informed opinion about his arm strength.

It's possible, but even with improvement, at his best his arm would be somewhere between Green and Huard.

Hard to tell. Hes played his entire career in a dome.

Sweet Daddy Hate
god you are such a loser. Seriously, if you got hit by a bus tomorrow, i would literally smile. You are that big of a piece of crap.

FUCK YES! NOW WE ARE GETTING SOMEWHERE! Thank you Reid/Dorsey! If for nothing else, thank you for creating a perceived threat to Fuck-O Smith and his little pet Hobbit! WIN.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav
Mechanics are issues for every Mizzou QB. Shut up.

I dont see it. I have seen him the last two pre seasons. his mechanics look fine to me. :thumb:

jackkked
03-12-2013, 11:40 PM
Lurking in here in off season sure does suck, what a bunch of single minded fools,time to get over it. Let the chips fall and let's hope we are better off than you kooks play it too be.

Mav
03-12-2013, 11:41 PM
**** YES! NOW WE ARE GETTING SOMEWHERE! Thank you Reid/Dorsey! If for nothing else, thank you for creating a perceived threat to ****-O Smith and his little pet Hobbit! WIN.
Posted via Mobile Device

lol, whatever helps you sleep at night. At least you have some clue to what a useless shit bag you really are. :thumb:

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2013, 11:42 PM

Well, it sounds like that would be enough to win a few games in relief of the starting QB.

It's tough to complain about a backup QB that fits Reid's WCO for $3 million per. Matt Moore received $4 million per.

duncan_idaho
03-12-2013, 11:43 PM
I don't think Daniel's mechanics are an issue. He just doesn't have tremendous arm strength.

I read something earlier today about measuring QB velocity, think it was on here. Daniel's was much higher than I expected (it actually was elite).

Doesn't track with the guy I've seen in game action.

Mav
03-12-2013, 11:46 PM
I don't think Daniel's mechanics are an issue. He just doesn't have tremendous arm strength.

I read something earlier today about measuring QB velocity, think it was on here. Daniel's was much higher than I expected (it actually was elite).

When the saints played the 49ers last year in the preseason, he struggled with out routes badly.

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2013, 11:46 PM

Well as I stated earlier, being coached by Lombardi and Payton during the past four years couldn't have been a bad thing.

Hopefully, he's a solid backup, something the Chiefs haven't had since Huard in 2006.

Bump
03-12-2013, 11:47 PM
If Chase Daniels played for Tennessee or some shit, you guys wouldnt even care lol. You'd say "camp fodder" and the thread would be over in 3 pages.

Ming the Merciless
03-12-2013, 11:47 PM
Lurking in here in off season sure does suck, what a bunch of single minded fools,time to get over it. Let the chips fall and let's hope we are better off than you kooks play it too be.

Right because Alex Smith and Anthony fasano are going to turn a 2-14 team into AFC champs next season

8-8 would be jismtastic, except we wasted our top two picks on an OL we already have and a shifty qb

Sorry, I just dont see the fucking plan here

Unless that plan is maybe 8-8 forever, with a scattering of playoff losses

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2013, 11:51 PM
Right because Alex Smith and Anthony fasano are going to turn a 2-14 team into AFC champs next season

Alex Smith isn't Andrew Luck, that's for certain.

But Fasano is a nice piece and should go along well with Moeaki. I'd still like to see the Chiefs acquire a TE in the draft (Eifert would be ideal but Ertz would be nice as well), but that all depends on whether or not they trade out of #1.

The Chiefs have made some nice moves so far but I think it's unrealistic to expect them to win enough games in order to reach the AFC Championship.

Rock Action
03-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Cool...now Alex has competition.

Ming the Merciless
03-12-2013, 11:54 PM
The Chiefs have made some nice moves so far but I think it's unrealistic to expect them to win enough games in order to reach the AFC Championship.

I doubt we will win 8 games, personally. Hope I'm wrong......I thought we could win 10 last year in the off season though......

KurtCobain
03-12-2013, 11:54 PM
If Chase Daniels played for Tennessee or some shit, you guys wouldnt even care lol. You'd say "camp fodder" and the thread would be over in 3 pages.

Yeah, three million dollar camp fodder. No. This is bigger than that. This is one of my personal heroes getting a big payday from my favorite team. This is multiple page shit.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2013, 11:56 PM

Build.

He doesn't have the shoulders to power through it or the height to get on top of it and drive it.

It's just raw physical limitations. Getting his body leaner and developing more raw strength would've helped a little, but he just doesn't have the frame or body type to really spin it.

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2013, 11:58 PM
I doubt we will win 8 games, personally. Hope I'm wrong......I thought we could win 10 last year in the off season though......

I think they'll easily win 8 games. The Raiders are down, the Chargers are down and who knows what will happen in Denver. The Chiefs could easily go 3-3 in the division (if not 4-2), which means they only need to win 5 games outside the division to go 8-8.

This team is far too talented to be 5-11 or 6-10. Plus, they have an actual coaching staff this season, instead of a bunch of rejects that can't get work elsewhere at the same paygrade.

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2013, 11:59 PM
Build.

He doesn't have the shoulders to power through it or the height to get on top of it and drive it.

It's just raw physical limitations. Getting his body leaner and developing more raw strength would've helped a little, but he just doesn't have the frame or body type to really spin it.

So he's like Jeff Garcia but less mobile?

KurtCobain
03-13-2013, 12:02 AM

I would say he is plenty mobile. That's from mu days, and from preseason play. And I've watched his every preseason play.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-13-2013, 12:04 AM
You think his immobile because he's a 6'0 QB with a beer gut, but he's got wheels for a little tubby bastard.

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2013, 12:05 AM
You think his immobile because he's a 6'0 QB with a beer gut, but he's got wheels for a little tubby bastard.

So he sounds like an inexperienced Garcia (who played in the CFL before the 49ers).

Yay? Nay?

alanm
03-13-2013, 12:06 AM
Maybe Daniel is my "in" to returning to the happy, carefree days before I came to the planet and took the red pill. Perhaps Thignorance WAS bliss...
Is it possible to re-achieve True Fandom? Guys, I'm trying here because the only other option is to just let go of KC altogether. This is truly a sad ****ing sequence of events and day.
Posted via Mobile DeviceOh no, no. It's too late now. You've already been sucked into the Chiefs fandom vortex. At least I got to see them win a Superbowl when I was a wee lad of 12. :banghead:

mcaj22
03-13-2013, 12:07 AM
id say hes a better Tyler Thigpen than Jeff Garcia

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-13-2013, 12:10 AM
So he sounds like an inexperienced Garcia (who played in the CFL before the 49ers).

Yay? Nay?

According to the me from 5.5 years ago, yes. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=173717&highlight=garcia)

BigChiefFan
03-13-2013, 12:11 AM
Let's clear something up, he was NOT coached by Sean Payton last year. Payton was SUSPENDED AND NOT ALLOWED TO COACH last year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-13-2013, 12:14 AM
Oh no, no. It's too late now. You've already been sucked into the Chiefs fandom vortex. At least I got to see them win a Superbowl when I was a wee lad of 12. :banghead:

Uncle Alanm, what was it like when the Chiefs were innovators and winners?
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ's left nut
03-13-2013, 12:15 AM

I don't think he's any less mobile than Garcia but perhaps less wiley. Garcia was just clever as hell with his wheels and I don't see that in Daniel.

I also don't see him as being as accurate a passer as Garcia.

Unfortunately I agree with the later poster - he's closer to Thigpen than Garcia. He's better than Thiggy, don't get me wrong. But Garcia was actually pretty damn good in his own spastic, completely inexplicable way. I don't think it's fair to really compare anyone to him because Garcia's effectiveness made so little sense.

So until someone is like Garcia and good, I think all you can really do is call that person Thigpen.

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2013, 12:16 AM
According to the me from 5.5 years ago, yes. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=173717&highlight=garcia)

Cool. Well, as I said earlier, he sounds like the best backup QB the Chiefs have had since 2006, and if so, it's another nice signing.

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2013, 12:17 AM
Let's clear something up, he was NOT coached by Sean Payton last year. Payton was SUSPENDED AND NOT ALLOWED TO COACH last year.

I said Payton AND Lombardi, not just Payton.

Just to clear something up.

Hammock Parties
03-13-2013, 12:40 AM
It's funny how 99.999999% of this forum was all for giving ***** a "pass" for 2009, making all kinds of excuses for his shit moves such as Cassel, Toomer, Goof, Thomas, etc. and so on.

People (including me) gave Pioli a pass because it the first new GM we had had in 20 years.

We were willing to wait and see.

Now that we know what fail GM looks like, we're sniffing it again when we see another douche acquire a pair of noodle arms to address the the QB position.

Fool me once...

Chiefshrink
03-13-2013, 12:41 AM
because he's a 6'0 QB

I love your positive attitude. But all serious die hard MU fans(myself included) know he is only 5'10 1/2".;)

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-13-2013, 12:44 AM
I love your positive attitude. But all serious die hard MU fans(myself included) know he is only 5'10 1/2".;)

Measured at 6'0 at the combine.

Chiefshrink
03-13-2013, 12:53 AM
Measured at 6'0 at the combine.

The officials measuring probably gave in to his begging to wear his helmet while he was getting measured for height;)

cdcox
03-13-2013, 01:05 AM
Chase Daniel's ceiling is Doug Flutie in kitten heels.

keg in kc
03-13-2013, 01:18 AM
Who's "We"?

I called out ***** and Haley as frauds in early 2009. But I believe in giving Reid and Dorsey some time to reshape this roster and put a plan in place because the Chiefs have been an epic cluster**** since 2005.

It's funny how 99.999999% of this forum was all for giving ***** a "pass" for 2009, making all kinds of excuses for his shit moves such as Cassel, Toomer, Goof, Thomas, etc. and so on.

It makes no ****ing sense.Perhaps we're learning.

Unlike the franchise.

themanwithnoname
03-13-2013, 01:27 AM
People (including me) gave ***** a pass because it the first new GM we had had in 20 years.

We were willing to wait and see.

Now that we know what fail GM looks like, we're sniffing it again when we see another douche acquire a pair of noodle arms to address the the QB position.

Fool me once...

Exactly, Pioli is the reason why people are tense about Reid and Dorsey's moves.

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2013, 01:36 AM
Perhaps we're learning.

Unlike the franchise.

This franchise has had two playoff berths since 2004. Since then, they've had 4-12, 2-14, 4-12, 7-9 and 2-14 seasons. The fans finally revolted and the organization responded.

For better or worse, I don't think you can ask that same fan base to endure even more losing seasons in an effort to develop a QB from the weakest draft class in recent memory.

That just wasn't going to fly.