PDA

View Full Version : Football Jets release Sione Pouha

RunKC
03-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Jets | Sione Pouha released
Tue, 12 Mar 2013 08:15:37 -0700
The New York Jets released DL Sione Pouha and saved $3.8 million in cap space.

Wonder if we'll take a look at him?

DJ's left nut
03-12-2013, 03:55 PM
Now there's a guy we should pick up (instead of DeVito).

Put him in the middle as a true NT, where he's among the best in the league, and you can put Poe out as a real tough matchup as a DE.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
03-12-2013, 03:56 PM
I don't really like Poe outside.

Rausch
03-12-2013, 03:57 PM
I don't really like Poe outside.

Why?

DJ's left nut
03-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Why?

It's understandable, there's a learning curve. He doesn't need to worry about speed moves in the middle; he's mostly using explosion, hand-checks and raw power as an interior lineman.

As a DE, he'd have more 'nuanced' pass-rush moves he'd need to utilize and frankly he just doesn't have them.

There's considerably more bust potential at DE, but there's also more upside for him out there, IMO.

CoMoChief
03-12-2013, 04:00 PM
Poe has the speed and quickness to be a DE in a 34 IMO

BlackHelicopters
03-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Who?

gblowfish
03-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Sione Pouha?
Gesundheit!

cyborgtable
03-12-2013, 04:20 PM
He does make a ton more sense for you than Devito. I wouldn't be surprised if you brought him in for a look also.

Ace Gunner
03-12-2013, 04:20 PM
I'd use him as rotational with Poe. Damn. This DL could be impressive now.

Hammock Parties
03-12-2013, 04:23 PM
It'd be tough to put a double team on Poe at DE if he was flanked by Pouha and Hali.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Poe has the speed and quickness to be a DE in a 34 IMO

That closes the book on that idea.

Sassy Squatch
03-12-2013, 04:25 PM
JFC CoMo!! Knock it off!!

DJ's left nut
I'd use him as rotational with Poe. Damn. This DL could be impressive now.

Yeah, if you want raw rotational players, you could manage it, but I don't think you'd ever maximize Poe's potential that way. I want Poe to be a 3-down lineman somewhere and he has the skills to pull it off.

Sorter
I don't want any NT, 3,or 4/5 Techs that can't get upfield and rush the passer from base fronts.

So, no, I don't want Devito or Sione

Ace Gunner
03-12-2013, 04:28 PM
Yeah, if you want raw rotational players, you could manage it, but I don't think you'd ever maximize Poe's potential that way. I want Poe to be a 3-down lineman somewhere and he has the skills to pull it off.

You need rotation with the DL. And just because I said he could rotate with Poe at NT does not mean Poe couldn't work the outside -- he can. But he is still young and dumb. He can't do it all by himself yet.

mcaj22
03-12-2013, 04:31 PM
seriously im getting sick of these broke dick 2 down linemen that are 1 dimensional trick ponies with no pass rush skills

teams are getting away from this type of player for a reason and we are like the only team left dumb enough to sign them.

Devito and Pouha are getting replaced by guys that can RUSH the passer and stop the run at any time of the game, must be nice when you get athletic freaks like Quiton Couples and Muhammed Wilkerson on your line that can be a dual threat any down and you can part with your part time run stuffers that offenses can take advantage off and throw against because those guys generate zero pass rush

this is how the Pats crapped on the Jets, they would just throw out of 2 TE and 2 HB sets on Devito and Pouha stuck out there in base sets and knew the Jets would have a handicapped pass rush

this is what teams will do to us

Sorter
03-12-2013, 04:32 PM
That closes the book on that idea.

LMAO

O.city
03-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Much rather have Sopoagoa.

Sorter
03-12-2013, 04:33 PM
seriously im getting sick of these broke dick 2 down linemen that are 1 dimensional trick ponies with no pass rush skills

teams are getting away from this type of player for a reason and we are like the only team left dumb enough to sign them.

Devito and Pouha are getting replaced by guys that can RUSH the passer and stop the run at any time of the game, must be nice when you get athletic freaks like Quiton Couples and Muhammed Wilkerson on your line that can be a dual threat any down and you can part with your part time run stuffers that offenses can take advantage off and throw against because those guys generate zero pass rush

this is how the Pats crapped on the Jets, they would just throw out of 2 TE and 2 HB sets on Devito and Pouha stuck out there in base sets and knew the Jets would have a handicapped pass rush

"2-down" players on defense are turning into 1 down players.

mcaj22
03-12-2013, 04:34 PM
"2-down" players on defense are turning into 1 down players.

just what we need for Peyton Manning to pick us apart with a bunch of slapdicks on first down that cant rush the passer and he can audible on them all game

Sorter
03-12-2013, 04:40 PM
just what we need for Peyton Manning to pick us apart with a bunch of slapdicks on first down that cant rush the passer and he can audible on them all game

Yup.

This might be the sleep talking, but I think in a few years "nickel" packages are going to base fronts and the 3-4/4-3 will be subs.

I guess we'll just have to see how much the NFL truly transitions to a passing league.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2013, 04:40 PM

Hey, I'm fine with this as well, but I know you'd flip your shit if we took Floyd or Sheldon Richardson in the first and that's exactly what we'd have to do to manage what you're asking here.

You can either use high-value assets on a guy like Floyd or you can try to cobble the position together with a platoon situation with Pouha and Jason Jones.

It's no different than in baseball where many teams are using platoon situations in a spot or two on the team to keep costs down.

Sure, ideally you find JPP, Poe and Floyd then commence raping faces with your 3 down lineman. You go after Justin Houston and Dione Jordan for your OLBs and wreak havoc. Great plan. I'm in favor of it.

So are the other 32 NFL teams that are also trying to find these guys.

It's not half as fucking easy as simplistic fucktards like yourself try to paint it. "Well get a franchise QB...duh". No shit. "Well why not have every person on your defense capable of lifting busses and running like gazelles?" Well I'll be goddamned, I never thought of it that way before.

Grow the fuck up. There are scarce resources available in terms of both talent and payroll and 32 teams are chasing all of it. Sometimes you have to get creative.

mcaj22
03-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Hey, I'm fine with this as well, but I know you'd flip your shit if we took Floyd or Sheldon Richardson in the first and that's exactly what we'd have to do to manage what you're asking here.

You can either use high-value assets on a guy like Floyd or you can try to cobble the position together with a platoon situation with Pouha and Jason Jones.

It's no different than in baseball where many teams are using platoon situations in a spot or two on the team to keep costs down.

Sure, ideally you find JPP, Poe and Floyd then commence raping faces with your 3 down lineman. You go after Justin Houston and Dione Jordan for your OLBs and wreak havoc. Great plan. I'm in favor of it.

It's not half as ****ing easy as simplistic ****tards like yourself try to paint it. "Well get a franchise QB...duh". No shit. "Well why not have every person on your defense capable of lifting busses and running like gazelles?" Well I'll be goddamned, I never thought of it that way before.

Grow the **** up. There are scarce resources available in terms of both talent and payroll and 32 teams are chasing all of it. Sometimes you have to get creative.

Mike Devito and this other jets cast off is not creative, its the same thing we had the last 4 years

Sorter
03-12-2013, 04:44 PM

It's not half as ****ing easy as simplistic ****tards like yourself try to paint it. "Well get a franchise QB...duh". No shit. "Well why not have every person on your defense capable of lifting busses and running like gazelles?" Well I'll be goddamned, I never thought of it that way before.

Grow the **** up. There are scarce resources available in terms of both talent and payroll and 32 teams are chasing all of it. Sometimes you have to get creative.

Can we sign a gazelle as a UDFA? Surely you can teach them to catch a football with their mouths or something.

Oooo, maybe a cheetah. The Jags fans would be pissed as fuck since their new logo resembles a lesbian cheetah (if those exist).

DJ's left nut
03-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Mike Devito and this other jets cast off is not creative, its the same thing we had the last 4 years

As it turns out we gave the !@#$ing guy way too much money to create a worthwhile rotation out of his position.

So instead we are seeing more of the same old shit rather than any attempts at creative roster management.

My bad.

Fuck.