PDA

View Full Version : Misc UMKC fires Matt Brown

Al Bundy
03-12-2013, 06:51 PM
http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2013-03-12/umkc-fires-brown-after-six-seasons?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

UMKC fires Brown after six seasons
Roos will go from Summit League to WAC next season
The Associated Press
Last Updated - March 12, 2013 5:20 GMT
Contact | Archive | RSS

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – UMKC has fired basketball coach Matt Brown after six seasons and with the program poised to leave the Summit League for the Western Athletic Conference.

Brown was 64-122 with the Roos, including an 8-24 record this season. The longtime assistant to current Michigan coach John Beilein had just one winning season in Kansas City. He had one year left on his contract.

The Roos’ season ended Sunday with a 69-58 loss to North Dakota State in the quarterfinals of the Summit League tournament in Sioux Falls, S.D.

UMKC, which has been playing Division I basketball since 1987, has already announced plans to join the WAC next season. It has been a member of the Summit League since 1994.

The Roos have never qualified for the NCAA tournament.

About 3 years too late...

Rasputin
03-12-2013, 06:53 PM
Well bye..

Stanley Nickels
03-12-2013, 07:02 PM
I heard on the Dan Patrick Show that UMKC had the most starting lineups of any college program this year.

**STAT OF THE DAY!--STAT OF THE DAY! THIS IS THE STAT OF THE DAYYYY!**

Prison Bitch
03-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Are they still playing in that high school gym?

CoMoChief
03-12-2013, 07:35 PM
what a terrible program that is

CHENZ A!
03-12-2013, 08:08 PM
It's about fucking time. That guy was a joke since day one. His opening press conference he said something along the lines of "we're not going to recruit guys with tattoos and cornrows.", I couldn't believe that shit. The consistently shitty teams combined with the move from Municipal to Swinney, just drained any interest that I had in the program.

CHENZ A!
03-12-2013, 08:10 PM
Roos games used to be a blast too. Had some good ball players come through. I am at least enjoying Miami doing well with a former UMKC player Trey McKinney-Jones.

Molitoth
03-12-2013, 08:15 PM
bring him in for a look. Does he play QB? noodle arm?

KcMizzou
03-12-2013, 08:17 PM
It's about fucking time. That guy was a joke since day one. His opening press conference he said something along the lines of "we're not going to recruit guys with tattoos and cornrows.", I couldn't believe that shit. The consistently shitty teams combined with the move from Municipal to Swinney, just drained any interest that I had in the program.Really? Wow.

It'd be fun to see UMKC be good.

ChiefsCountry
03-12-2013, 08:22 PM
With the talent in metro plus the Kansas JUCOs close by, no reason UMKC can't have a good program. Its a shame, part of me wishes they had a program worthy of being in the MVC.

CHENZ A!
03-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Really? Wow.

It'd be fun to see UMKC be good.

That's definitely not a direct quote, but he said something that was borderline racist about the type of players he would/wouldn't recruit. It was years ago, but he definitely started out on the wrong foot. I can't believe this guy held that job for so long. He's been awful.

Al Bundy
03-12-2013, 08:34 PM
That's definitely not a direct quote, but he said something that was borderline racist about the type of players he would/wouldn't recruit. It was years ago, but he definitely started out on the wrong foot. I can't believe this guy held that job for so long. He's been awful.

He was a turd from the start.