PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Here's our #1 pick bank on it

In58men
03-12-2013, 09:26 PM
@Gil_Brandt: Sharrif Floyd also is scheduled with visit with the Chiefs, Panthers and Titans.

keg in kc
It would not surprise me at this point.

I'd probably like it more than Joekell, Fisher or Johnson, but not that much more.

RunKC
Then it would really be 2009

Hammock Parties
03-12-2013, 09:28 PM
Maybe he'd actually be a playmaker, which is something Jerkel can't claim.

BossChief
03-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Devito
Jackson
Poe
Bailey

Why would we take Floyd 1st overall?

Hammock Parties
03-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Devito
Jackson
Poe
Bailey

Because we have zero defensive ends who can rush the passer or get upfield in a 1-gap.

BigRedChief
03-12-2013, 09:35 PM
@Gil_Brandt: Sharrif Floyd also is scheduled with visit with the Chiefs, Panthers and Titans.Joekel was here this week so there.:p

Mav
03-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Because we have zero defensive ends who can rush the passer or get upfield in a 1-gap.

Sighs. Do some research. In the Rex Ryan style of the 3-4, unless you have Haloti Ngata, which you dont, your 3 downs only need to occupy blockers.

Your guys dislike of anything that andy reid is doing is funny as hell.

Hes not taking a qb, so every other move is stupid......

ask the browns how they feel about joe thomas.

In58men
03-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Joekel was here this week so there.:p

Die in a ****ing fire

Hammock Parties
03-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Sighs. Do some research. In the Rex Ryan style of the 3-4, unless you have Haloti Ngata, which you dont, your 3 downs only need to occupy blockers.

So we're sticking with the 2-gap?

Well, shit.

Pioli never left. He just grew a mustache and gained 200 pounds. This is all a master con job. The real Andy Reid died in that airport.

okcchief
03-12-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm not going to be excited by anyone we pick at 1 now. I'm hoping the Bills have ChiefsPlanet type Geno erection and hook us up with lots of picks. That's the only potential win I see anymore.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-12-2013, 09:40 PM
Shit. It would be better than a damn tackle. Lock up Albert and give Stephenson a shot on the right side.

Still it would be picks 5, 3, 11, and potentially 1 on our 3-4 line in recent years. JFC.

QB dreams are squashed, so trade down is the only stomachable option.

In58men
03-12-2013, 09:41 PM

Well, shit.

Pioli never left. He just grew a mustache and gained 200 pounds. This is all a master con job. The real Andy Reid died in that airport.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/13/su7egady.jpg

CaliforniaChief
03-12-2013, 09:43 PM
I'm now all-in for the trade down crowd. There's nobody worth 1.1 outside of a QB.

Hopefully Buffalo loves Geno and sees that JAX, Oak, or Philly wants him and gives us bank to move up.

That's the best play now.

Hammock Parties
03-12-2013, 09:44 PM
At this point I don't give a shit if they get shit value for a trade down.

Move down to the teens, take Cordarelle Patterson or Tavon Austin, pick up a 2nd and grab a CB there.

That > Anyone we take at 1.1 that is "media approved."

Fuck you, Dorsey.

In58men
03-12-2013, 09:44 PM
We pretty much fucked ourselves.

What a horrible year to have the 1st pick with our new regime

In58men
03-12-2013, 09:45 PM

Move down to the teens, take Cordarelle Patterson or Tavon Austin, pick up a 2nd and grab a CB there.

**** you, Dorsey.

All of this

Oh yeah FUCK YOU DORSEY

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 09:45 PM

Well, shit.

***** never left. He just grew a mustache and gained 200 pounds. This is all a master con job. The real Andy Reid died in that airport.I would say nobody knows what we're going to run. Sutton's coordinated basically everything from the tampa 2 to both 1- and 2- gap 3-4 defenses.

RunKC
03-12-2013, 10:02 PM
Reid always gets a chub for DL. I bet we take him or Ansah.

Mav
03-12-2013, 10:05 PM

Well, shit.

***** never left. He just grew a mustache and gained 200 pounds. This is all a master con job. The real Andy Reid died in that airport.

Do you know the difference between a rex ryan defense, and a Bill Belichick defense?

The ryan defense is about pressure, and mismatches. Its the same defense the Ravens run now. They move guys all over the place. The pats are more of a zone coverage, and the rex ryan way of thing is man. Its completely different. Only similar in name.

bowener
03-12-2013, 10:59 PM
I still hope we draft Geno and sell him to the highest bidder once they panic.

BossChief
03-12-2013, 11:00 PM
You know who really intrigues me from the defensive line guys that could fit multiple needs for sub packages for us?

Margus Hunt.

The guy is huge, fast as hell, very productive, strong as an ox, went to the university our Owner did, has the same last name as our owner and jumped off te screen in his bowl game.

If we trade down, I wouldn't be opposed to taking him between 10-20.

I think he could become a real star if he ends up in the right situation with the right coaching.

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2013, 11:01 PM
The Buffalo Bills are the only team in the NFL without a true starting QB. Their idiot GM was punked on radio this week, forcing him to cut Fitzgerald.

They will most certainly be in the market for a QB and Buddy Nix is just dumb enough to give up the farm for the #1 overall pick.

MeatRock
03-12-2013, 11:04 PM

**** you, Dorsey.

:thumb: Trade down, take Patterson or Austin and get our 2nd round pick back would be ideal.

BossChief
03-12-2013, 11:04 PM
Seriously.

Hunt is 280 6'8"
Ran a 4.6 40.
38 reps

O.city
03-12-2013, 11:05 PM
Hunt looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

rabblerouser
03-12-2013, 11:08 PM
I would say nobody knows what we're going to run. Sutton's coordinated basically everything from the tampa 2 to both 1- and 2- gap 3-4 defenses.
in NY he ran ALL of those - he literally threw the kitchen sink at teams; depending on what marchups he got - DeVito spent 60% of his snaps last year inside at DT in a 4-man front...on a team the ran the 'Rex Ryan 1-gap 3-4', so...

I expect some of everything - zones, man coverages, zone blitzes, cover 2, cover 3, man blitzes, press coverages, 4-3, 3-4, 5-2, 2-5, 46, nickel, dime, 1-gap, 2-gap...ALL of that shit.

bowener
03-12-2013, 11:13 PM
The Buffalo Bills are the only team in the NFL without a true starting QB. Their idiot GM was punked on radio this week, forcing him to cut Fitzgerald.

They will most certainly be in the market for a QB and Buddy Nix is just dumb enough to give up the farm for the #1 overall pick.

I'm sure I've gotten annoying saying this, but I hope the Chiefs draft Geno and dangle him in front of Philly and the Bills. My assumption is of course that teams think the Chiefs won't take Geno no matter what, and that they can make a deal with the Jags instead of the Chiefs.

boogblaster
03-12-2013, 11:16 PM
ok .....

RunKC
03-12-2013, 11:16 PM

Bills aren't trading up. On that radio call he said they needed a QB and that it's "a bad time to need it."

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Bills aren't trading up. On that radio call he said they needed a QB and that it's "a bad time to need it."

That was before he found out it was broadcast to the world, which forced Fitzgerald's release.

He's desperate. He's on his second coach, he's 73 years old and he'll do anything to get a starting QB. There's no way he's waiting around until #8 to get the second or third best QB in a bad draft.

bowener
03-12-2013, 11:21 PM

What other options do they have? Matt Cassel? I hope we rape them on that trade since they will reek of desperation.

bowener
03-12-2013, 11:21 PM
That was before he found out it was broadcast to the world, which forced Fitzgerald's release.

He's desperate. He's on his second coach, he's 73 years old and he'll do anything to get a starting QB. There's no way he's waiting around until #8 to get the second or third best QB in a bad draft.

This. And I can only imagine how horrible their ticket sales were before they dropped their starting QB.

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2013, 11:22 PM
What other options do they have? Matt Cassel? I hope we rape them on that trade since they will wreak of desperation.

I don't even hope they "rape" them. I just hope they can move out of #1 and pick up additional picks. It doesn't have to match the JJ "value chart", just get a second this year and a first next year.

You know it'll be in the Top Ten, so I'd be stoked.

bowener
03-12-2013, 11:25 PM
I don't even hope they "rape" them. I just hope they can move out of #1 and pick up additional picks. It doesn't have to match the JJ "value chart", just get a second this year and a first next year.

You know it'll be in the Top Ten, so I'd be stoked.

I'm all for a simple trade like that. Honestly, I think it would be a good deal to trade them 1.1 and Matt Cassel for what you said.

BossChief
03-12-2013, 11:27 PM
The bills do want to trade up for a QB and Buddy Nix himself has said that to the media since December.

If Dorsey wants to move down, he needs to advertise the pick at a 2 slot discount...unless there are multiple tams calling about trading for the pick in late March, like the Rams did with the second overall pick last year, they need to move down and going to 8 would be perfect if we can get their first next year for the move down.

MeatRock
03-12-2013, 11:28 PM
That has got to be Reid and Dorsey's mindset. Get that 2nd round pick back this year plus a first next year. I hope Buffalo wants Geno or Barkley that bad.

It would be nice to have more than Buffalo offering for the pick, like say, the rams coveting Joeckel. Get a bidding war for our 1st round selection.

BossChief
03-12-2013, 11:33 PM
Unfortunately, Jacksonville is sitting in the trade back spot unless we offer a 2 slot discount.

RunKC
03-12-2013, 11:33 PM
The bills do want to trade up for a QB and Buddy Nix himself has said that to the media since December.

If Dorsey wants to move down, he needs to advertise the pick at a 2 slot discount...unless there are multiple tams calling about trading for the pick in late March, like the Rams did with the second overall pick last year, they need to move down and going to 8 would be perfect if we can get their first next year for the move down.

That was before we found out for sure that no QB is really worth trading up for.

Rams got a huge trade because the prize was RG3.

BossChief
03-12-2013, 11:36 PM
That was before we found out for sure that no QB is really worth trading up for.

Rams got a huge trade because the prize was RG3.

Supply and demand dictates what is worth trading up for.

Most are saying that Geno is the only first round quality quarterback and damn near every team in the top ten needs a QB.

Somebody is gonna move up for Geno.

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2013, 11:36 PM

Dude, he royally screwed himself this week.

Not only was he punked on air but it forced him to release his only QB.

They are now forced to take a QB. Geno and Glennon make far more sense than Barkley (due to the cold and wind in Buffalo), so I don't believe there's anyway he can sit until #8 to get a guy.

beer bacon
03-12-2013, 11:40 PM
I don't understand the Floyd hype. He's a slower, less athletic, lower motor version of Sheldon Richardson that was less productive against the same competition. Why did Floyd jump up from a mid to late first round prospect to a top three pick in less than a month?

Mav
03-12-2013, 11:44 PM
Dude, he royally screwed himself this week.

Not only was he punked on air but it forced him to release his only QB.

They are now forced to take a QB. Geno and Glennon make far more sense than Barkley (due to the cold and wind in Buffalo), so I don't believe there's anyway he can sit until #8 to get a guy.

Not at all. Their coaches qb will be there in the second round in Nassib.

While i do think they are a natural fit now for Geno Smith because of them resigning Tavaris Jackson, i think Doug Marrone Would gladly take Nassib in the second round if he has to.

bowener
I don't understand the Floyd hype. He's a slower, less athletic, lower motor version of Sheldon Richardson that was less productive against the same competition. Why did Floyd jump up from a mid to late first round prospect to a top three pick in less than a month?

Sheldon is dumb as fuck during interviews?? :shrug:

Mav

Combine. I had zero idea who the guy was until then.

Bump
03-12-2013, 11:46 PM
I just wanna trade out of the 1st now. FML

BossChief
03-12-2013, 11:48 PM
They aren't gonna wait till the second round.

If they do, they deserve another Fitzpatrick quality guy.

They will give up a handful of picks to Jacksonville after we take Joeckel.

DTLB58
03-12-2013, 11:49 PM

Yep.

DTLB58
03-12-2013, 11:54 PM

Your guys dislike of anything that andy reid is doing is funny as hell.

Hes not taking a qb, so every other move is stupid......

ask the browns how they feel about joe thomas.

I think you are mistaken. This 1gap will be more attacking. The occupying blockers is what we had with RAC. And Poe will do much better in this scheme attacking upfield.

Now, go back to your own board and stop trying to tell us what our team strengths are and how we are going to use our personnel.

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2013, 11:56 PM
Not at all. Their coaches qb will be there in the second round in Nassib.

While i do think they are a natural fit now for Geno Smith because of them resigning Tavaris Jackson, i think Doug Marrone Would gladly take Nassib in the second round if he has to.

Say hello to an empty stadium in October, November and December.

Bye, bye, Buddy Nix.

Frankie
03-12-2013, 11:59 PM
Devito
Jackson
Poe
Bailey

Because Floyd is a potential stud and those names (except for Poe) are not.

D-line rotation is very important to a D and you can never have enough quality D-linemen.

Me too. But if we stay with 1.1 Floyd would be my choice.

mcaj22
03-13-2013, 12:03 AM
after today this is definitely who i want. I've accepted they wont take a QB and I think ill take my chances with Allen/Stephenson at RT or a veteran at RT than going into the season with that awful d-line depth chart, and the FA is already a bare cupboard for the position so

beer bacon
03-13-2013, 12:05 AM
Combine. I had zero idea who the guy was until then.

What did he do at the combine other than have a good 40?

Chiefshrink
03-13-2013, 01:03 AM
I'm not going to be excited by anyone we pick at 1 now. I'm hoping the Bills have ChiefsPlanet type Geno erection and hook us up with lots of picks. That's the only potential win I see anymore.

I still have a hard time seeing even the Jags passing on Geno considering their QB situation but the way the athletic running type QB has tore up the NFL these past 2yrs and as desperate as many teams are for a QBOTF including us are I just don't see how the Bills,Cards,Jets,Browns,Eagles don't try to make a leap ahead of the Jags and Raiders. Do these teams 'trust' that the Jags and Raiders pass on Geno ?

Fitzpatrick getting cut definitely helps that possibility:thumb:

DaKCMan AP
03-13-2013, 05:47 AM

Slower?
Floyd 40 - 4.92
Richardson 40 - 5.02

Wrong.

Lower motor? Please. Richardson takes plays off. Floyd is a high-motor guy.

Richardson is more athletic.

Both guys were 1st team All-SEC.

Floyd was a beast on one of the best defenses in the country. Richardson was (at times) a beast on a bottom-SEC team.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-13-2013, 05:49 AM

MU fan...?

Masterchief
03-13-2013, 05:58 AM
Maybe he'd actually be a playmaker, which is something Jerkel can't claim.
That :rofl:

CoMoChief
03-13-2013, 06:09 AM
Devito
Jackson
Poe
Bailey

Bailey isn't going to amount to shit....people need to face that fact. I wouldn't be suprised if he's cut.

CoMoChief
03-13-2013, 06:16 AM
MU fan...?

Regardless....Richardson is a badass and dominated in a good conference playing on a shitty defense.

if there's any way this team can trade down between 5-10, I would love the Chiefs to draft him.

DaKCMan AP
03-13-2013, 06:21 AM
Slower?
Floyd 40 - 4.92
Richardson 40 - 5.02

Wrong.

Lower motor? Please. Richardson takes plays off. Floyd is a high-motor guy.

Richardson is more athletic.

Both guys were 1st team All-SEC.

Floyd was a beast on one of the best defenses in the country. Richardson was (at times) a beast on a bottom-SEC team.

Add to that the higher ceiling of a 20 year old Sharrif Floyd vs. a 24 year old Sheldon Richardson.

CupidStunt
03-13-2013, 06:34 AM
You'd suck off a guy who rapes your mom if he wore a Florida jersey while doing it.

DaKCMan AP
03-13-2013, 06:49 AM
You'd suck off a guy who rapes your mom if he wore a Florida jersey while doing it.

Like this?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8324570&postcount=105
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8325177&postcount=114
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8401617&postcount=49

And this?
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6723800&postcount=838

Or this?
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7605728&postcount=3855
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7424134&postcount=30

STFU moran.

CupidStunt
03-13-2013, 07:08 AM
You prove my point. The most negative things you can find are THOSE comments.

Bwahahaha.

DaKCMan AP
03-13-2013, 07:14 AM
You prove my point. The most negative things you can find are THOSE comments.

Bwahahaha.

The only thing proven is that your and idiot. But, that was already common knowledge.

The fact is the previous few years Florida has had some good prospects and they've performed well in the NFL.

Aaron Hernandez
Brandon Spikes
Riley Cooper
Mike Pouncey
Maurkice Pouncey
Joe Haden
Carlos Dunlap
Major Wright
Percy Harvin

They've all panned out. Why would I negatively comment on guys who had a positive outlook and have had positive results?

Stupid.

CupidStunt
03-13-2013, 07:23 AM
The point is, you're the biggest, blindest homer on this forum. Your ability to compare two similar prospects is about as good as your ability to hide the 3-inch boner you've got standing next to a grey-haired man.

milkman
03-13-2013, 07:27 AM
Do you know the difference between a rex ryan defense, and a Bill Belichick defense?

The ryan defense is about pressure, and mismatches. Its the same defense the Ravens run now. They move guys all over the place. The pats are more of a zone coverage, and the rex ryan way of thing is man. Its completely different. Only similar in name.

Rex Ryan is a 1 gap 34 guy who has had to adjust his schemes because the Jets have been unaable to find anyone at DE that can get any penetration.

htismaqe
03-13-2013, 07:43 AM
Rex Ryan is a 1 gap 34 guy who has had to adjust his schemes because the Jets have been unaable to find anyone at DE that can get any penetration.

Alex Smyth Fan heard 1-gap and thought you were talking about Michael Strahan.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-13-2013, 07:53 AM

I saw this coming a month ago.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-13-2013, 08:02 AM
The thing is that now we have Cassel we can throw in with the #1 pick to trade down. This would give the Bills a vet and a Rookie at QB all in one swoop. Hopefully they haven't noticed Cassel sucks.

Lightrise
03-13-2013, 08:13 AM

That's where I'm at too.

DaKCMan AP
03-13-2013, 08:35 AM
The point is, you're the biggest, blindest homer on this forum. Your ability to compare two similar prospects is about as good as your ability to hide the 3-inch boner you've got standing next to a grey-haired man.

Yeah, considering your viewpoint is as accurate as a CoMo prediction and has less worth than Vince Young's Wonderlic you just called me the greatest, most unbiased draft prognosticator to ever live. I'll take it. :thumb: