PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 3-3-Ansah

Fat Elvis
03-14-2013, 08:09 PM
I've resigned myself to the fact that we aren't getting Geno.

It hurts. It really, really hurts.

I need some consolation. What is the salve that would cure my woe? Ezekiel Ansah.

I know, I know...we need a RT. But we don't need to find one in the draft. There are proven RTs still open in the FA market--my first choice would be Sebastian Vollmer. He's a proven commodity and he really wouldn't cost any more than drafting one at 1.1.

Get him.

So. We are still stuck at 1.1. And we aren't getting Geno. Cry me a river of tears, but do what we need and just go ahead and trade down. Both AZ and Buff need a QB in the worst way and Philly might be an interested trade partner.

Whereever we land, there is a player I would take (even at 1.1 if we can't trade down) that I think could reshape our defense (which should be highly upgraded over last year already due to FA moves) and his name is Ziggy Ansah.

Ansah is a freak of nature.

Really. A complete freak of nature. And completely raw.

He is new to football-- and that may be an understatement, not just that he doesn't have a lot of football experience--but someone so raw with so much potential (Senior Bowl Defensive MVP) can be used in schemes that are (hate this cliche) completely outside the box.

If the Chiefs are using a more agressive 3-4/4-3 hybrid, where would he fit in?

Everywhere.

Abandon the 3-4/4-3. With Ansah you could run a 3-3-Ansah scheme.

Ziggy is projected to be a DE in a 4-3 and OLB in a 3-4, but we are pretty stacked. With his size and athletic ability, we can move him ALL over the place.

Imagine a guy who is bigger, faster, and more nimble than either Tamba or Houston lining up either as a DE, LB or whatever new position you create for him? How do you stop that trio? They are all stout against the run. They can all pressure the QB. Let DJ roam the middle. Let Poe push the pocket. Let Jackson and Devito contain the edges and hold against the run.

You can't stop that kind of defense--especially with our revamped secondary.

Moving Ansah around creates all kind of matchup nightmares for offenses.

With Ansah, the question isn't where would he fit; the question is how would he revolutionize the game given our current defensive personnel.

(FWIW, apparently Reid loves the guy but feels like he has to take a T #1 overall to protect his new QB)

Folks in Provo say Kansas City’s new coach, Andy Reid, would love to take Ansah with the No. 1 pick but will go with Texas A&M offensive tackle Luke Joeckel.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865575726/Ziggy-Ansah-may-yet-add-to-his-resume.html

RealSNR
03-14-2013, 08:12 PM
"Geno's just so raw. You don't take players as raw as him with the #1 pick."

penbrook
03-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Lol Mike Mayock is now saying Geno is a Top 10 TALENT!!

In58men
03-14-2013, 08:14 PM
"Geno's just so raw. You don't take players as raw as him with the #1 pick."

He looks well done to me.

MotherfuckerJones
03-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Come on Reid, give the NFL the finger and take Geno number 1

MotherfuckerJones
03-14-2013, 08:16 PM
You can take that raw player number 1 when you go BPA and have a starting QB

penbrook
03-14-2013, 08:19 PM
Wow Chase Daniel only costs 750k against the cap in 2013.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Since they aren't taking a QB, I'd love to get a guy that can get after the QB

Chief Roundup
03-14-2013, 09:50 PM
I seen in one of the other threads that Vollmer wants to be paid like a top 10 LT.

Direckshun
03-14-2013, 09:53 PM
He looks well done to me.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wXw6znXPfy4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Frosty
03-14-2013, 09:57 PM
I said earlier that I would love to get Ziggy. I think he would have to be a situational pass rusher in his first year (like Seattle did with Irvin) because he is still learning to play but he could be a monster by year 2.

KC Hawks
03-14-2013, 09:58 PM
I'm not sure Ansah is the right ansah.

Fat Elvis
03-14-2013, 10:03 PM
I'm not sure Ansah is the right ansah.

When it comes to Ansah, there is no wrong ansah.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
03-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Ansah and Jordan will go onto be stars and we'll pick Shariff fucking Floyd.