PDA

View Full Version : Football Trouble In Donk Land

dtrain
03-15-2013, 09:18 AM
Broncos president John Elway says Elvis Dumervil's contract is "out of whack" and urges the defensive end to take a pay cut as a Friday deadline looms.

Dumervil's 2013 salary of $12 million becomes guaranteed at 4 p.m. ET, and Dumervil faces being released if he won't take less or restructure his deal, according to a person familiar with the situation who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because details of the negotiations were not public.

"It's not all about dollars. But when it's way out of whack? Then it's so out of whack that you've got to say: That [salary] can't be it," Elway said Thursday, according to the Denver Post. "Especially when you look at the market and what's out there now. It's so far out of whack. Hopefully, he realizes that."

Dumervil signed a six-year, $61.5 million contract in 2010 when Josh McDaniels was coaching the team and before Elway joined the Denver front office.

Dumervil had 11 sacks last season, second on the team behind Von Miller. Dumervil led the league with 17 sacks in 2009.
The Broncos need more cap space while trying to shore up their interior defensive line, cornerback and running back positions. Peyton Manning will earn $20 million in 2013, and if the Broncos had Dumervil play at his current number, those two would account for more than one-quarter of their cap space.

Among the pass-rushers on the market this season include Manning's former teammate with the Colts, Dwight Freeney.

Dumervil's agent, Marty Magid, did not immediately respond to an email message from the AP.

Why not have Manning redo his contract?

Garcia Bronco
03-15-2013, 09:19 AM
I just don't see how Doom stays. He can get his contract from another team. The Broncos don't have the leverage to make him move on the price unless he really wants to stay in Colorado.

RunKC
03-15-2013, 09:20 AM
well...bye!

Molitoth
03-15-2013, 09:20 AM
Why not have Manning redo his contract?

I'd say Peyton Manning is a bit more important than Elvis.
They could replace Doom and probably still be just as good imo.

ptlyon
03-15-2013, 09:21 AM
The tract is whack horseface says!

Rasputin
03-15-2013, 09:23 AM
Hay Elway should ask Peyton Manning to take a paycut.

Garcia Bronco
03-15-2013, 09:23 AM
I'd say Peyton Manning is a bit more important than Elvis.
They could replace Doom and probably still be just as good imo.

Exactly. I don't think anyone in the league would ask that of Peyton because he's worth every penny.

ptlyon
03-15-2013, 09:25 AM
Exactly. I don't think anyone in the league would ask that of Peyton because he's worth every penny.

Yep - just imagine what he'd be worth if he could bring the lombardi home!

Garcia Bronco
03-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Yep - just imagine what he'd be worth if he could bring the lombardi home!

He can.

BossChief
Haha

Dan Patrick was talking about this yesterday (Peyton redoing his contract for teammates) and said he asked Peyton that question once on the radio when he was in Indy and Manning ended the interview early and didn't give Dan another interview for 5 years.

Oh,...and Q

DJ's left nut
He'll restructure, unless he really doesn't want to stay in Denver.

Elway's right - Dumerville's overpaid. If he were a FA today, he'd get about $8 million, IMO. Maybe 9.

He damn sure wouldn't get $13 - nobody gets $13 unless they have the ball in their hands a lot.

ptlyon
03-15-2013, 09:33 AM
He can.

But ultimately won't

Dayze
03-15-2013, 09:48 AM
"Elvis, come over to KC and kill Peyton. K THNX BAI"

Chief_For_Life58
03-15-2013, 09:53 AM
Haha

Dan Patrick was talking about this yesterday (Peyton redoing his contract for teammates) and said he asked Peyton that question once on the radio when he was in Indy and Manning ended the interview early and didn't give Dan another interview for 5 years.

Oh,...and Q

haha

whata lil bitch peyton is

Mile High Mania
03-15-2013, 09:58 AM
If he leaves, he will be missed but he is not someone that cannot be replaced. If he wants to test the market, so be it. I don't expect the market price to be much different than the restructure price and he is with a legit SB contender now. it's a roll of the dice, just watch Carver's betting.

Halfcan
03-15-2013, 10:01 AM
peyton with 20 mil- that is crazy

he sucked ass in the playoffs- he should restructure his contract

Wallcrawler
03-15-2013, 10:04 AM
If youre good at something, never do it for free.

If I were Manning, I wouldnt restructure my deal either. He's legitimately worth every penny of that contract on the football field. Off the field, whatever. Doesnt matter. Dude plays at a level very few can reach.

Dumerville shouldnt restructure either. The Broncos gave him that deal, knowing it was backloaded. Now that its time to pay up, they would rather bitch up.

Fuck em.

jimw51
03-15-2013, 10:06 AM
He can come here and sack manning

DJ's left nut
03-15-2013, 10:22 AM

If I were Manning, I wouldnt restructure my deal either. He's legitimately worth every penny of that contract on the football field. Off the field, whatever. Doesnt matter. Dude plays at a level very few can reach.

Dumerville shouldnt restructure either. The Broncos gave him that deal, knowing it was backloaded. Now that its time to pay up, they would rather bitch up.

Fuck em.

"You may feel a slight sting....that's pride fucking with you. Fuck pride. Pride only hurts."

Go ahead, Elvis. Refuse to restructure.

They'll just cut your ass and you'll take a pay cut anyway.

Elvis needs to be realistic about his present market value and recognize that no NFL deal is ever anything more than the first 2 seasons and the signing bonus. He and his agent can raise a stink if they want, but they knew the score when they signed the contract.

If he wants to stay in Denver, he has to set his pride aside and recognize the market. If he doesn't care, then sure - get cut and see what you can do.

Valiant
03-15-2013, 10:24 AM

**** em.

This. If he were playing at our dlines level then I would want a restructure. But heis still a good player. He did well before von. Will do well elsewhere.

BlackHelicopters
03-15-2013, 10:24 AM
He'll restructure.

FRCDFED
03-15-2013, 10:26 AM
haha

whata lil bitch peyton isThis! :clap:

Easy 6
03-15-2013, 10:30 AM
I'm all for any little bite the fates decide to take outta denvers ass.

GET OUT ELVIS, YOU DONT HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THIS!

BossChief
03-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Also, I find it fucking hilarious that John Elway calls Elvis' contract out of whack when he just paid a guard 8 million a year.

Garcia Bronco
03-15-2013, 10:33 AM
But ultimately won't

We'll see.

Garcia Bronco
03-15-2013, 10:34 AM

**** em.

He's worth more to the city, community, and football team.

ptlyon
03-15-2013, 10:35 AM
We'll see.

Yes. We. Will.

Nickel D
03-15-2013, 10:57 AM
Dumy signed a 6-year, $61M contract in 2010 with $43M guaranteed, to include $12M for 2013, $10M for 2014, and $8.1M for 2015.

I'm certain Horseteeth is offering him several car dealerships and other businesses with a major reduction in the cash pay-out.

Warrior5
03-15-2013, 11:14 AM
Yes. We. Will.

In. Com. Plete.

Mile High Mania
03-15-2013, 01:12 PM
Also, I find it ****ing hilarious that John Elway calls Elvis' contract out of whack when he just paid a guard 8 million a year.

Well, it's a 4 year deal @ $23.5M ... only $13M guaranteed... that's what you really look at, not the generic $8M a year.

Josh simply wrote a bad contract with Elvis - not the player's fault, they offered it.

And, it would appear that Denver put their final offer on the table about 45 minutes ago (1:30 cst)... so we should know the answer in about 45 minutes.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Speaks to how much of a greedy bastard Peyton Manning is. The guy has gotten absolutely ridiculous contracts his entire career, earns more in endorsements than anyone in the sport, by far, yet has never done what hundreds of other good teammates have. He wouldn't even have to take less money, he could just spread it out as a later guarantee down the road.

Guy's a prick.

ptlyon
03-15-2013, 02:10 PM
Speaks to how much of a greedy bastard Peyton Manning is. The guy has gotten absolutely ridiculous contracts his entire career, earns more in endorsements than anyone in the sport, by far, yet has never done what hundreds of other good teammates have. He wouldn't even have to take less money, he could just spread it out as a later guarantee down the road.

Guy's a prick.

Hey - the dude has to get his money before they figure out he will never get them to the SB

Fairplay
03-15-2013, 02:12 PM
I would leave if I were him, Elway is a prick, enough said.

DaFace
03-15-2013, 02:31 PM
Ruh roh...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Elvis Dumervil's contract not filed with NFL in time. Dumervil released, as Denver Post released.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis
Broncos could still sign Elvis Dumervil but there are salary cap implications. Not that simple.

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold
Dumervil's release gives #Broncos huge dead money hit. Limits ability to bring him back with a "new'' deal.

ROFL...oops.

HemiEd
03-15-2013, 02:47 PM
ROFL Oh darn it, maybe Elway can look it up in the Bronco instruction book on how to cheat on the salary cap.