PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Please help an Auschwitz survivor find his twin brother - seperated at 4 years old

Ming the Merciless
03-16-2013, 03:01 PM
Please share on facebook/twitter etc....

The missing brother Jolli (birth name) has the forearm tattoo A7734

http://i45.tinypic.com/2d0l3ed.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/pages/A7734/499971010060858 <---facebook

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/14/holocaust-survivor-twin-brother-facebook_n_2870129.html <--info

A Holocaust survivor is looking for his long-lost twin, and thousands on Facebook are helping him in his search.

The 72-year-old Auschwitz survivor -- identified only as "Menachem B." by TODAY.com -- was 4 years old when he was liberated from the concentration camp in 1945.

SCROLL FOR PHOTOS

The Daily Beast reports that Menachem doesn't remember his time at the camp, but had long suspected there was an important part of his past he needed to reconnect with. That part turned out to be the twin brother he had not seen since his time at Auschwitz, 68 years ago.

Now, thanks to the help of genealogist Ayana KimRon, Menachem, who now lives in Israel, has not only learned more about his pre-war identity but has solid proof that his brother had been with him in Poland. His twin may also have survived the war.

"All my life I’ve known that he was alive somewhere; I felt that he was alive," Menachem told KimRon, according to the Daily Beast.

Last year, KimRon uncovered the twins' original names. The siblings are listed in a record, put together by Candles Holocaust Museum, as Elias and Jeno Gottesmann.

Since the discovery, Menachem and KimRon have been searching desperately for Jeno, who was nicknamed "Jolli."

“How can I not help a Holocaust survivor who walks through life with such questions and hopes? Wasn't Auschwitz enough of hell for him?” KimRon told Today.com of her decision to help Menachem on his quest.

After months of fruitless searching, KimRon finally decided to turn to Facebook for help. Earlier this month, she created a Facebook page called A-7734, after the number that had been assigned to Jolli by the Nazis.

“Looking for Jolli -- child survivor A7734 from Auschwitz, 4.5 years old at liberation," KimRon wrote in a post that accompanied a photograph of Menachem's brother at age 4. "Born in 1940. Clues lead to possible adoption by a Christian family, then to the USA. Whatever name and location, his tattooed number is A7734. And his brother still hopes to meet him. Please help us by spreading the word.”

(more at above links)

Rasputin
03-16-2013, 03:09 PM
That would be cool if he finds his brother.

In58men
03-16-2013, 03:10 PM
He should fly a banner

BlackHelicopters
03-16-2013, 03:44 PM
Facebook search.

Saulbadguy
03-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Menachem Begin?

Ming the Merciless
03-16-2013, 04:58 PM
Menachem Begin?

thats what i kept getting on searches LOL.....

Fritz88
03-16-2013, 05:06 PM
I hope he finds him. And I think he will.
Posted via Mobile Device

New World Order
03-16-2013, 05:14 PM
He should fly a banner

ROFL

I hope he finds him.

DTLB58
03-16-2013, 05:16 PM
I would think with all the communication we have in today's world if someone else out there has that kind of a tattoo on his arm, he will be found.

Ming the Merciless
03-19-2013, 04:49 PM
update:

A7734
To all of you kind people around the world, who help by searching, sharing and supporting - here is a short update:
Your effort brought in more volunteers and staff in various archives and organizations who search their databases for more recent records of Jolli.
So far, it brought new evidence about Menachem himself, but we have our fingers crossed!
How can you help?
1) Forward this search to educational programs of interviewing Holocaust survivors in your area. We have a possible lead that Jolli was interviewed by a US student but fail to trace that person.
2) Forward the message to your nearest medical org's and nurses - Jolli is surely treated by one of them and his tattoo was noticed.

Menachem sends his thankful love to all of you - for your warm support and for showing the world that kindness is a graceful power.
The search continues. Bless you all, Ayana KimRon