Mr_Tomahawk
03-19-2013, 08:11 PM
***Wednesday 3/20***

http://sinfl.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/ap756434434648.jpg

per PFT...

NFL coaches concerned about Tyler Bray’s work ethic

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 19, 2013, 9:41 AM EDT

AP
Tennessee’s Pro Day will take place on Wednesday, and no one doubts that quarterback Tyler Bray will show off an NFL-ready arm. The problem for Bray is that there’s a lot more to being an NFL quarterback than having a strong arm.

Bray, who left Tennessee with a year of eligibility remaining, will face questions about his accuracy and about his preparation, and those are questions that a player really can’t answer sufficiently in the scripted environment of a Pro Day. NFL Network’s Mike Mayock says the only way Bray could have answered those questions was to return to Tennessee for his senior season and put those questions to rest on the field.

“I was really surprised he came out,” Mayock said of Bray. “I thought he should have come back and refined his name a little more. If you ask me, who are the quarterbacks with the most arm talent in this draft, he’d certainly be in the top three. He can wing it. There’s no doubt about that. however, the ball’s all over the place. He’s inconsistent from an accuracy perspective, and you also have to get comfortable with the kid. What kind of kid is he? What kind of work ethic does he have? There are some concerns there from several of the coaches I talk to.”

Bray will surely be drafted, because a quarterback with that kind of arm always gets a shot in the NFL. But he probably won’t be drafted where he thought he would have when he decided to enter the NFL draft.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Fuck it.

I would take this guy in the 3rd/4th rnd and sit him for a couple years behind Alex.

...lots of talent.

KC_Lee
03-19-2013, 08:17 PM
**** it.

I would take this guy in the 3rd/4th rnd and sit him for a couple years behind Alex.

...lots of talent.

I agree. I know all the downsides to the kid.

However, I have said that if Bray could have a great coach that knows how to handle a QB he could be great.

He has the highest potential to be great or to flame out completly.

CoMoChief
03-19-2013, 08:39 PM
look how he holds the ball...his hand wraps around it like Elway. He's going to be able to chuck the rock like a motherfucker in the NFL once he matures....and he has the frame to gain lots of muscle, and it's only going to get stronger

Nightfyre
03-19-2013, 08:40 PM
He requires a complete mechanical overhaul and is a nutcase. I wouldn't spend a draft pick on him.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-20-2013, 05:42 AM
Out of the QBs who will be most likely available rounds 3-5, he is my preference....even over Wilson, maybe.

Alex Smith will be our starter for at least the next two years [barf]. Those two years will tell us if his off the field or locker room antics are really an issue. If they are, we just cut bait and draft again.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-20-2013, 05:45 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eIK80XyPiTI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaKCMan AP
03-20-2013, 05:48 AM
“I was really surprised he came out,” Mayock said of Bray. “I thought he should have come back and refined his name a little more.

He left because Tennessee's a mess. New coaching staff, top 2 WRs (both will be gone by the end of rd 2) gone, and already a bottom-tier SEC team.

Tribal Warfare
03-20-2013, 05:52 AM
Fuck it.

...lots of talent.

When he gets his feet set and trusts his WR he's pinpoint "right in the hands where only WR can catch it in stride" accurate .

Mr_Tomahawk
03-20-2013, 06:18 AM
Who is good to follow on twitter for updates on their [Tennessee] pro day?

rico
03-20-2013, 06:32 AM
I love Bray. I am agreeing with you on pretty much everything this year, Mr. T. Last year, the Tannehill shit made me nauseous. I hate Tannehill. This year, my top 2 are Geno and Bray, which seem to be yours.

The whole Bray thing this year is weird. When he wasn't projected to enter the draft this year, he was widely considered the hands down favorite to be the #1 pick in 2014...a draft class that these same people claim is better than 2013 in terms of QBs. Which seems weird to me because he is a projected 2nd-4th round pick this year. Doesn't add up.

chiefzilla1501
03-20-2013, 06:37 AM
How many franchise qbs are there with a poor work ethic and bad attitude? Do not want. This guy is a pocket qb and will need to make a living based on the work he puts into it. It's not like big Ben or cam who have the freakish athleticism that let you get away with it.

suds79
03-20-2013, 06:47 AM
How many franchise qbs are there with a poor work ethic and bad attitude? Do not want. This guy is a pocket qb and will need to make a living based on the work he puts into it. It's not like big Ben or cam who have the freakish athleticism that let you get away with it.

Yeah I've cooled on him quite a bit.

Strip away the strong arm talent. What else does this guy bring to the table that people like?

Lets list off the qualities.

Crickets......

Tribal Warfare
03-20-2013, 06:48 AM

Marino, before he decided to treat Football as a job and hone his craft. Bray has the talent it's all about what he wants to do with this oppurtunity.

suds79
03-20-2013, 07:03 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eIK80XyPiTI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/080604/worst-movie-accents/braveheart-gibson_l.jpg

No?

KC_Lee
03-20-2013, 07:05 AM

You are correct, Bray has shown to be lazy at times. But how much is that due to the fact the his HC at TN was on the hot seat and he basically knew it?

And I have watched him hit a WR in stride, with pin point accuracy, with two defenders blanketing his WR, 30 yards down the field while rolling out.

I've also seen him miss wide open WRs running 5 yard out patterns with a pristine pocket to pass out of. :doh!:

Use a 3rd or a 4th on him and let him sit a learn.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-20-2013, 08:24 AM
Jason Yellin‏@JasonYellin2h
All 32 NFL teams expected at #Vols Pro Day today in Knoxville.

Chiefnj2
03-20-2013, 08:29 AM
Yeah I've cooled on him quite a bit.

Strip away the strong arm talent. What else does this guy bring to the table that people like?

Lets list off the qualities.

Crickets......

Gun slinger mentality?

Mr_Tomahawk
03-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Asked how Tyler threw...

Jason Yellin‏@JasonYellin2m
@mr_tomahawk He threw very well today.

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032013aab.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

B14ckmon
03-20-2013, 12:39 PM
Please draft bray so Setsuna stops pretending to be a Jaguars fan.

KC_Lee
03-20-2013, 12:39 PM
Asked how Tyler threw...

Jason Yellin‏@JasonYellin2m
@mr_tomahawk He threw very well today.

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032013aab.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Not much there, what does "He threw very well today." mean?

tyton75
03-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Jeff George Part Deux?

Tribal Warfare
03-20-2013, 12:43 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OsbvFUyU1x8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

B14ckmon
03-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Tyler Bray reminds me of Ryan Leaf. In that they are both idiots.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter2m
Worth noting: Steelers' braintrust had dinner with Tennessee QB Tyler Bray before attending his Pro Day.

ptlyon
03-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Not much there, what does "He threw very well today." mean?

I think it means about the same when a woman says shes "fine".

saphojunkie
03-20-2013, 12:48 PM
At this point, I'd be doing backflips if we drafted Bray in the third.

Now that Geno is a distant dream, I just am hoping that Dorseid give the fanbase SOME quarterback in the draft that we can look forward to developing.

If that's Nassib, Bray, Barkley, Wilson, Manuel. I no longer care. They've broken me.

Tribal Warfare
03-20-2013, 12:56 PM
At this point, I'd be doing backflips if we drafted Bray in the third.

Now that Geno is a distant dream, I just am hoping that Dorseid give the fanbase SOME quarterback in the draft that we can look forward to developing.

If that's Nassib, Bray, Barkley, Wilson, Manuel. I no longer care. They've broken me.

http://cdn1.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Darseid-Justice-League-Movie-Villain.jpg

Canofbier
03-20-2013, 01:01 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OsbvFUyU1x8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was a surprisingly solid interview.

kcbubb
03-20-2013, 02:18 PM
When asked why he was so skinny, he says he ate poorly bc of budget? That is a total lie. You don't think UT has an incredible athletic cafeteria? He was lazy and immature. I would respect him more if he just said I didn't make good choices and now I'm trying to correct those habits. It shows that he is still immature. I love his skill set but he could be a head case. I still think he would be a great pick with our late 3rd rounder, the compensatory pick. I wouldn't touch him before that. He compares to Ryan mallet. Mallet was taken in the late 3rd.

BlackHelicopters
03-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Maybe we can draft Geno Bray and Wilson. Heaven.

Bewbies
03-20-2013, 03:46 PM
When asked why he was so skinny, he says he ate poorly bc of budget? That is a total lie. You don't think UT has an incredible athletic cafeteria? He was lazy and immature. I would respect him more if he just said I didn't make good choices and now I'm trying to correct those habits. It shows that he is still immature. I love his skill set but he could be a head case. I still think he would be a great pick with our late 3rd rounder, the compensatory pick. I wouldn't touch him before that. He compares to Ryan mallet. Mallet was taken in the late 3rd.

This is amazing insight, are you his roommate?

Canofbier
03-20-2013, 06:14 PM

He says something along those lines in that interview.

Setsuna
03-20-2013, 06:30 PM
This thread sucks ass.

crispystl
03-20-2013, 07:20 PM

This.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-20-2013, 07:40 PM
I like the way this guy thinks...

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showpost.php?p=2740646&postcount=5

KC_Lee
03-20-2013, 07:51 PM
Bray will either develop into a good, gun slinger type QB or a Jeff George / Ryan Leaf / JaMarcus Russell (all rolled into one) type bust.

Tribal Warfare
03-20-2013, 08:07 PM
Bray will either develop into a good, gun slinger type QB or a Jeff George / Ryan Leaf / JaMarcus Russell (all rolled into one) type bust.

There won't be an in between with him he'll either be a superstar or he'll be out of the league in 4 years.

Dayze
03-20-2013, 08:27 PM
He's no Cassel

ghak99
03-20-2013, 08:46 PM
I wouldn't mind gambling on him with the 3rd round comp pick... as long as he removed that gay ass tat!

milkman
03-20-2013, 08:55 PM
Can't help but think, with the name "Bray", gotta be a Donkey.

hometeam
03-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Might as well take a flyer on him if he drops to comp pick. I think he goes mid/late 3rd.

Chiefnj2
03-20-2013, 09:49 PM
I don't know if its true or not, but I read that the only head coach at the Tenn pro day was Tomlin. I thought that was odd with their WRs having good draft grades.

Tribal Warfare
03-20-2013, 09:57 PM
I don't know if its true or not, but I read that the only head coach at the Tenn pro day was Tomlin. I thought that was odd with their WRs having good draft grades.

All 32 were there

cdcox
03-20-2013, 10:01 PM
If you take a chance on him, you need to hire an extra QB coach just to be his life coach/mentor. He won't get enough of the regular coaching staff's time to ever come close to his potential. Drafting him is basically a Hail Mary.

Dayze
03-20-2013, 10:02 PM
Can't help but think, with the name "Bray", gotta be a Donkey.

"Bray" rhymes with "Gay"......so yeah, I could see him as a Donkey

Tribal Warfare
03-20-2013, 10:03 PM
If you take a chance on him, you need to hire an extra QB coach just to be his life coach/mentor. He won't get enough of the regular coaching staff's time to ever come close to his potential. Drafting him is basically a Hail Mary.

Which perfectly fine with me since safe and steady hasn't gotten KC a playoff win in 19 years and counting.