PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Branden Albert admits he's 'selfish'

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-21-2013, 10:49 AM
There's a word being used in reference to Branden Albert that he resists – "disgruntled." It's the impression many got after reading his now-deleted Twitter account following his franchise tag and the release of Kansas City Chiefs teammate Eric Winston.

There's another word being used that also has a negative connotation, but Albert is fine with that one. Hey, he's even using it himself.

"You've got to be somewhat selfish in this situation," the Chiefs' left tackle told USA TODAY Sports by phone in his first interview since he was tagged before the start of free agency.

"My prior years being in Kansas City, I've been through a lot of dark days. Not just me, but Jamaal (Charles), Derrick Johnson, Brandon Flowers, Eric Berry, Dwayne Bowe, all of us. I just want to see lighter days for myself and my teammates.

"I'm not disgruntled at all. I just want a commitment. I want to know where I'm going, when I'm going and I want some security," he said.

Where Albert is going is a lot less clear these days than it was when the Chiefs tagged him.

Though Albert has signed his franchise tender at $9.828 million, that doesn't mean he's guaranteed to play with the Chiefs this season, because the team is talking to other clubs about a possible trade, according to a person informed of those negotiations.

The person, who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity, said the Chiefs aren't desperate to move Albert but realize another team might offer him a better long-term contract. The Chiefs have the No. 1 pick in April's NFL Draft and might use it on tackle Luke Joeckel.

According to the person briefed on the trade talks, Kansas City isn't just listening to offers, as Sports Illustrated reported this week. The team is seeking out suitors. To borrow a word from the New York Jets' Rex Ryan in shooting down the Darrelle Revis rumors, the Chiefs are "actively" shopping Albert.

And he's OK with that, if it's best for his future.

"I have no problem playing in Kansas City," Albert said. "Everybody knows trying to go to another city and another place to play is kind of hard. But at the same time, the answers are not there for me (yet). I've got to do what I've got to do.

He added, "I don't know if I'm being traded, but I understand it's a possibility."

It's also possible the Chiefs could fail to find an acceptable offer, which means Albert would play out the year and potentially hit free agency next spring. At the very least, the team has made a commitment to him at a big salary for 2013, which should put to rest any rumblings of a serious back issue.

"I just had nothing more than back spasms (last season)," Albert said. "I tried to come back early and it flared up again. I haven't had any setbacks or things I couldn't do because of my back. That's the God's honest truth. If there was something wrong with my back, do you think the Chiefs would franchise me and give me $10 million?"

Good point. And here's another: One more season with the Chiefs might allow Albert to reestablish his value.

After all, the former No. 15 overall pick has been through a lot of change and should welcome the chance to play for a proven coach in Andy Reid.

"Four offensive line coaches, two GMs, three head coaches, five different offensive coordinators and seven quarterbacks I've blocked for," Albert said, rattling off the numbers. "But I think I've done well with the situation I've been given, with the teammates and coaches. I've learned how to play football and left tackle because I've had to, otherwise I was going to be a bust.

"With my pride, I didn't want that to happen."

And with his pride, he's not moving. Not inside to guard and not to right tackle to make room for Joeckel. That's what he said on Twitter and again this week when asked about such scenarios by USA TODAY Sports.

"I think you know the answer to that, based on my tweets," he said with a laugh.

Selfish, because he knows it's his time to be.

"The best thing I can control is myself," he said, "and that's training every day and being ready for whoever I'm going to play for in the 2013 season."

Follow Mike Garafolo on Twitter @mikegarafolo

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/chiefs/2013/03/21/chiefs-tackle-branden-albert-admits-hes-selfish/2004395/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Rausch
03-21-2013, 10:51 AM
"I just had nothing more than back spasms (last season)," Albert said. "I tried to come back early and it flared up again. I haven't had any setbacks or things I couldn't do because of my back. That's the God's honest truth. If there was something wrong with my back, do you think the Chiefs would franchise me and give me $10 million?"

Uh.....that's a solid argument...

KCrockaholic
03-21-2013, 10:54 AM
The dude has done his homework.

KCrockaholic
03-21-2013, 10:55 AM
I'm really at the point to where I just want anybody but Joeckel on this team. I'd be ok with Fisher even if that's what it comes down to. Just not Joeckel.

B14ckmon
03-21-2013, 10:56 AM
Wasn't the "flared up again" a set back and wasn't not being able to play his position at a top level something he couldn't do because of it?

He seems a little dumb.

Rausch
03-21-2013, 10:58 AM
Dorsey said he'd passed the physical and had no concerns with Albert's health.

Then tagged the fucker and decided to pay him a top 5 salary.

I suspect he's ready to play...

YayMike
03-21-2013, 10:59 AM
so......just pay the fucker and lets move on.

suds79
03-21-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm really at the point to where I just want anybody but Joeckel on this team. I'd be ok with Fisher even if that's what it comes down to. Just not Joeckel.

This is kinda where I'm at.

Although knowing any possibility of QB is dead, I really want them to take the best pass rusher out there.

Next to QB, it's about a big of an impact position you can get. And we only have two of them on the roster.

BossChief
03-21-2013, 11:04 AM
The smart move is to play him on the tag to see if he has back problems during the year. Draft a qb in the first, if we can move down and still get a guy they like, great.

If his back has problems this year, let him walk and draft a left tackle next year.

It's not like Joeckel is some generational guy...there is a Joeckel in every draft.

ceebz
03-21-2013, 11:07 AM
The guy is a top 10 tackle. Pay him and move the fuck on.

KCDC
Neither Fisher (quality of competition) or Joeckel (having mobile QB) upgrade this team. There are question marks about each. There are no question marks against Albert. We blow a once in a lifetime chance to have the #1 pick to pick a LT that is inferior to the one we have. Sounds stupid to me.

bevischief
The smart move is to play him on the tag to see if he has back problems during the year. Draft a qb in the first, if we can move down and still get a guy they like, great.

If his back has problems this year, let him walk and draft a left tackle next year.

It's not like Joeckel is some generational guy...there is a Joeckel in every draft.

This.

Direckshun
03-21-2013, 11:09 AM
Albert's welcome to be greedy.

But he's not welcome to be unreasonable.

If he is asking for something more than Jake Long's deal, that's exactly what he's being.

Easy 6
03-21-2013, 11:09 AM
I dont blame him for wanting a commitment one little bit, i think he deserves one... he's a proven top ten guy with several good years left.

But the more this drags out, the more i bet that even if he plays here in 2013... he'll be gone in 2014.

Its going to be a tackle at #1, much as i hate that idea.

Mr. Laz
03-21-2013, 11:13 AM
"I'm not disgruntled at all. I just want a commitment. I want to know where I'm going, when I'm going and I want some security," he said.
Another way of saying 'i want to get paid'

he wants to stay at left tackle because left tackles get paid more.

It's always about the money

BossChief
03-21-2013, 11:14 AM
If his back is good to go, why did he miss a bunch of games because of his back last year?

I have no problems with them being cautious with signing him...just don't throw him away for peanuts and draft his replacement by overspending. That's all I ask.

BossChief
03-21-2013, 11:15 AM

Nothing wrong with that, at all.

Why should the guy accept a contract that's structured for a lesser position?

philfree
03-21-2013, 11:17 AM
If his back is good to go, why did he miss a bunch of games because of his back last year?
I have no problems with them being cautious with signing him...just don't throw him away for peanuts and draft his replacement by overspending. That's all I ask.

Because it healed up maybe?

I think he was just being over careful in a contract year on a 2-14 team.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-21-2013, 11:18 AM
Wasn't the "flared up again" a set back and wasn't not being able to play his position at a top level something he couldn't do because of it?

He seems a little dumb.

So was your father for having sex with your mother.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-21-2013, 11:20 AM
Neither Fisher (quality of competition) or Joeckel (having mobile QB) upgrade this team. There are question marks about each. There are no question marks against Albert. We blow a once in a lifetime chance to have the #1 pick to pick a LT that is inferior to the one we have. Sounds stupid to me.

Putting Fisher at RT would upgrade our OL. I rather get a playmaker but thats what were gonna get.

Mr. Laz
03-21-2013, 11:21 AM
Nothing wrong with that, at all.

Why should the guy accept a contract that's structured for a lesser position?
Didn't say there was or that he should

He's just like 99% of the rest of the NFL ... looking to get paid.

B14ckmon
03-21-2013, 11:22 AM
So was your father for having sex with your mother.

We all get drunk sometimes.

Molitoth
03-21-2013, 11:22 AM

How motivated would you be to hurry out of an injury only to go out and block for 2 total dipshits on the biggest epic failure of a season the Chiefs have ever had?

Yeah. It was probably more fun to to be eating nachos, and less taxing on your body. Albert should be very healthy at the start of next season.

RunKC
03-21-2013, 11:28 AM
Still think they asked him to play RT, he got pissed and said no, and now they don't want him on this team.

The Franchise
03-21-2013, 11:29 AM
Just let the guy play on the tag. If you can't work out a long term deal with him next year....tag him again and trade him.

Sassy Squatch
03-21-2013, 11:30 AM
Welp... fuck.

aturnis
03-21-2013, 11:30 AM
:dap:

Much respect. Glad he came out and gave an insightful interview that better explains his stance and feelings and doesn't make him look bad.

Tribal Warfare
03-21-2013, 11:36 AM

Joeckel won't get a grace period from me, I'll expect him to be a top 5 tackle and if he isn't then he and everyone in the organization should get railed. This "solid pro" shit can be found in any draft or on that matter later on in this draft.

aturnis
03-21-2013, 11:36 AM
so......just pay the fucker and lets move on.

Can't. Have to leave our options open until we decide what to do with the draft. Take your time and make the best decision.

I know what I'd do, but it may not be best for the team.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-21-2013, 11:49 AM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h

Let trade talk begin: Chiefs announced that OT Branden Albert has signed his franchise tender. KC now can trade him if it wants.

kcxiv
03-21-2013, 11:50 AM

of course, he plays at a high level there! why move and take less money?

It makes absolutely 0 sense for him. Him playing something other then LT next season brings his value down in future negotiations. He's anything but dumb.

Mr. Laz
03-21-2013, 11:52 AM
The fact that Albert signed the tender already is kinda weird.

might mean that Albert wants to be traded

Sassy Squatch
03-21-2013, 11:53 AM
This is really going to happen... JFC Someone send a sniper to take Joeckel out.

BossChief

Back injuries don't just completely disappear...at least not in my experiences they don't. Having back spasms is something I would be cautious with if I'm looking at handing 50 million dollars to a football player that has had them recently.

kcxiv

or he doesnt want to keep up the drama. His point of view is like ok lets get to work and show them i deserve a long term contract. Him not signing and holding out just makes all this shit much worse for him.

Valiant
03-21-2013, 11:54 AM

I am fine with that. Why get hurt worse over a failed season?

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Reid says Albert is a proven left tackle
Posted by Mike Florio on March 21, 2013, 1:33 PM EDT

With 19 interviews from the past three days, it’s hard to keep all of the information straight. At times, the overload makes it hard to remember left from right.

The Chiefs won’t have that problem with left tackle Branden Albert. Because he won’t be moving to the right side.

Coach Andy Reid said so during a visit to the mobile, open-air, Arizona Pro Football Talk studio.

“He’s done it and he’s done it at a very high level,” Reid said. “Enough to where we [franchise] tagged him. I loved him coming out of the University of Virginia and I’ve watched him throughout his career at Kansas City and he’s a proven left tackle in this league. That doesn’t mean he can’t play other things but that’s what he is.”

Albert will be happy to hear that, given that he has made his preference very clear.

Then again, he may be playing left tackle for someone else. Now that he has signed his franchise tender, Albert can be traded

B14ckmon
03-21-2013, 11:56 AM
Reid says Albert is a proven left tackle
Posted by Mike Florio on March 21, 2013, 1:33 PM EDT

APWith 19 interviews from the past three days, it’s hard to keep all of the information straight. At times, the overload makes it hard to remember left from right.

The Chiefs won’t have that problem with left tackle Branden Albert. Because he won’t be moving to the right side.

Coach Andy Reid said so during a visit to the mobile, open-air, Arizona Pro Football Talk studio.

“He’s done it and he’s done it at a very high level,” Reid said. “Enough to where we [franchise] tagged him. I loved him coming out of the University of Virginia and I’ve watched him throughout his career at Kansas City and he’s a proven left tackle in this league. That doesn’t mean he can’t play other things but that’s what he is.”

Albert will be happy to hear that, given that he has made his preference very clear.

Then again, he may be playing left tackle for someone else. Now that he has signed his franchise tender, Albert can be traded

I was fully expecting Reid to talk shit about him as he was trying to trade him to another team.

BossChief
03-21-2013, 11:58 AM
How motivated would you be to hurry out of an injury only to go out and block for 2 total dipshits on the biggest epic failure of a season the Chiefs have ever had?

Yeah. It was probably more fun to to be eating nachos, and less taxing on your body. Albert should be very healthy at the start of next season.

That just stupid.

So, what you're saying is that if the team is having a bad year, it's ok to overextensuate/fake injury so you dont have to play? If that's the case, I hope they trade him.

Rausch
03-21-2013, 11:59 AM
So, what you're saying is that if the team is having a bad year, it's ok to overextensuate/fake injury so you dont have to play? If that's the case, I hope they trade him.

Cough...

Sassy Squatch
03-21-2013, 12:01 PM
Cough...
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lryc0cmE8V1qbt8o1.jpg

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2013, 12:04 PM
Albert's welcome to be greedy.

But he's not welcome to be unreasonable.

If he is asking for something more than Jake Long's deal, that's exactly what he's being.

No, it's not. He's a better, more reliable player than Long.

philfree
03-21-2013, 12:06 PM
That just stupid.

No but a player might puch the envelope a little further if the playoffs are on the line.

-King-
03-21-2013, 12:06 PM

Or he understands that by not signing it and holding out of OTAs , there's a bigger chance of either the tag being rescinded or the Chiefs drafting Joeckel.
Posted via Mobile Device

bowener
03-21-2013, 12:07 PM

So? What the fuck is wrong with that? He has put in his hours as one of the premiere tackles in the NFL. Why shouldn't he try and get his?

People like you need to realize players aren't evil for wanting to get paid. Jesus Fucking Christ. If I remember right you were bitching about this during the lockout as well.

Chiefnj2
03-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Or he understands that by not signing it and holding out of OTAs , there's a bigger chance of either the tag being rescinded or the Chiefs drafting Joeckel.
Posted via Mobile Device

If the tag is rescinded wouldn't he be able to go anywhere he wants?

Sassy Squatch
03-21-2013, 12:14 PM
You see the market for OTs this year? No way he would get top 5 money.

Mojo Jojo
03-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Yes, but at that point most teams have spent their money and filled holes. He wouldn't have much of a market to work with, and a lot less money.

Rausch
03-21-2013, 12:16 PM

And if I had 10 inches to flaunt wouldn't I get about any gal I want?...

The Bad Guy
03-21-2013, 12:30 PM

I believe once it's signed, it can't be rescinded.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Joekel is just another guy in teal.

Mr. Laz
03-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
very possible

He could know that he's not getting that much money anywhere else

Mr. Laz
03-21-2013, 12:45 PM
So? What the **** is wrong with that? He has put in his hours as one of the premiere tackles in the NFL. Why shouldn't he try and get his?

People like you need to realize players aren't evil for wanting to get paid. Jesus ****ing Christ. If I remember right you were bitching about this during the lockout as well.
keep reading

-King-
03-21-2013, 12:59 PM

Yeah. But most teams haven already used up the majority of their cap rooms. He'd have to take a lesser deal for this year at least.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
03-21-2013, 01:10 PM
Been nice having him as our LT.

Hope Joeckel can be as good.

Rausch
03-21-2013, 01:11 PM

Thank you.

Now I KNOW he won't be the pick...

Hammock Parties
03-21-2013, 01:15 PM
Actually we may still trade down and take one of the other OTs.

But Albert is history.

Bye, big guy.

Tribal Warfare
03-21-2013, 01:15 PM

He won't, he'll get abused badly and has higher bust factor then most think. Especialy if he can't handle the pressure of being the #1 overall pick with the assumed immediate impact/ dominant level of play that goes with it too.

Rausch
03-21-2013, 01:16 PM
Actually we may still trade down and take one of the other OTs.

But Albert is history.

Bye, big guy.

We both know he'll be here 1 more year...

Sassy Squatch
03-21-2013, 01:17 PM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/4277627/daniel-bryan-no-o.gif

Rausch
03-21-2013, 01:18 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/4277627/daniel-bryan-no-o.gif

Despite what the wife says I have to spread it around more...

aturnis
03-21-2013, 01:42 PM
or he doesnt want to keep up the drama. His point of view is like ok lets get to work and show them i deserve a long term contract. Him not signing and holding out just makes all this shit much worse for him.

It's a chip in Albert's favor. Either sign me to a long term deal, trade me if you must, or be forced to pay me this much this year...

The Franchise
03-21-2013, 02:10 PM
Saints could use a LT. I'll take their 1st rounder for Albert.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2013, 02:17 PM
Saints could use a LT. I'll take their 1st rounder for Albert.

In effect you'd be trading Branden Albert +1.1 for Luke Joeckel and a mid first.

jd1020
03-21-2013, 02:26 PM
In effect you'd be trading Branden Albert +1.1 for Luke Joeckel and a mid first.

Assuming the Chiefs draft Joeckel. They could very well use that mid first on one of the other tackles.

Either way, its fucking stupid.

mikey23545
03-21-2013, 02:44 PM
So? What the **** is wrong with that? He has put in his hours as one of the premiere tackles in the NFL. Why shouldn't he try and get his?

People like you need to realize players aren't evil for wanting to get paid. Jesus ****ing Christ. If I remember right you were bitching about this during the lockout as well.

Even if the amount he wants is unreasonable, huh?

Seems like Dorsey had no trouble signing a shitload of people this offseason, save one possibly very greedy, admittedly selfish one...

The Franchise
03-21-2013, 02:56 PM

I'd still trade down. You should still be able to get one of the three top tackles at 4 or 8.

Brock
03-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Even if the amount he wants is unreasonable, huh?

Seems like Dorsey had no trouble signing a shitload of people this offseason, save one possibly very greedy, admittedly selfish one...

Yep, just like Bowe was being too greedy with ScottyPee.

jimw51
03-21-2013, 03:26 PM
I understand his reasoning then

In58men
03-21-2013, 03:45 PM
@evansilva: ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Branden Albert: "The #Chiefs are pretty determined to pick up a 2nd-round pick ... He's definitely on the market."

jd1020
03-21-2013, 03:46 PM
@evansilva: ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Branden Albert: "The #Chiefs are pretty determined to pick up a 2nd-round pick ... He's definitely on the market."

Probably should have thought about that before they traded theirs away...

:doh!:

Mr. Laz
03-21-2013, 03:48 PM
I hope they are determined to get AT LEAST a 2nd round pick ....

Tribal Warfare
03-21-2013, 03:48 PM

yep, and KC draft Okung too :rolleyes:

Hammock Parties
03-21-2013, 03:51 PM
yep, and KC draft Okung too :rolleyes:

He's gone, dude.

Read the tea leaves.

This fucking sucks. Three strikes in one offseason on Smith, Smith and Albert. Just unconscionable.

Tribal Warfare
03-21-2013, 03:53 PM
He's gone, dude.

Read the tea leaves.

This fucking sucks. Three strikes in one offseason on Smith, Smith and Albert. Just unconscionable.

There's no reading to it, it hasn't happened and it's draft season which means it is all smoke and mirrors until something tangible happens.

The Franchise
03-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Sweet....can't wait to trade Albert for that piece of shit Joeckel.

Joeckel better be a top 10 LT in his first year.

Tribal Warfare
03-21-2013, 03:56 PM

he better be top 5 if KC selects him, and with what happened last season the KC crowd will still be unforgiving if the soft bitch flops and Smith shits himself.

jd1020
03-21-2013, 03:57 PM

Only the Chiefs.

Trade a 2nd round pick + a 2014 3rd/2nd for another mediocre starting QB.

Then realize you really want a 2nd round pick and trade your top 5 LT for a 2nd round pick and draft a LT at 1.1.

They sure know how to kill excitement by kicking you in the balls.

RealSNR
03-21-2013, 03:58 PM

A 2nd round pick by itself is not nearly enough.

JFC. He's a top 5-10 starting LT in this league who is just entering his prime. He's STILL learning and growing, too. Who knows just how good he could be if he had a stable coaching staff/offensive play book.

If a rookie that we know fucking nothing about is worth the #1 overall, Albert is worth a 2nd round pick and extra. A LOT extra.

Trading Albert for peanuts would make me fucking furious

RealSNR
03-21-2013, 04:03 PM
Oh, and we're STILL out a RT, too. You have the potential of this offensive line next year:

Joeckel (rookie who will probably struggle for awhile)
Allen (sucked ass last year)
Hudson (was meh before his season-ender)
Asamoah
Schwartz/Stephenson (okay... HOW is this an upgrade from Winston again?)

Great way to build the trenches, Dorsey. You not only made our offensive line fucking worse, but you spent the first two picks in our draft to do so. The only reason this lineup isn't a total fucking garbage piece of AIDSrape is because Hudson and Schwartz MIGHT not suck.

Fuck you, you fucking moron. This is the kind of fucking bullshit Pioli would do.

-King-
03-21-2013, 04:04 PM

Unless hes top 5, we would be downgrading.
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6
03-21-2013, 04:05 PM
A 2nd round pick by itself is not nearly enough.

JFC. He's a top 5-10 starting LT in this league who is just entering his prime. He's STILL learning and growing, too. Who knows just how good he could be if he had a stable coaching staff/offensive play book.

If a rookie that we know ****ing nothing about is worth the #1 overall, Albert is worth a 2nd round pick and extra. A LOT extra.

Trading Albert for peanuts would make me ****ing furious

Everything contained herein.

RealSNR
03-21-2013, 04:05 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

But we saved teh cap space!!!!1111

jd1020
03-21-2013, 04:06 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Even if he's top 5 I'm unlikely to care because the Chiefs will have effectively progressed at nothing.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-21-2013, 04:06 PM
They would want to work out a contract before they traded for him. Unless it's Miami... The Chiefs would match that for him to stay if it's reasonable.

BigMeatballDave
03-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Prozac: cure for butthurt http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b4/Fluoxetine_20mg_with_Packet.jpg/508px-Fluoxetine_20mg_with_Packet.jpg

RealSNR
03-21-2013, 04:10 PM
If Andy Reid REALLY cared about protecting Alex Smith, he wouldn't trade the best player on our offensive line for chump change. That's counter-productive.

All this move does is protects Dorsey's orthodox commitment to the Ron Wolf religion. Which, sure, that kind of stuff works WHEN YOU HAVE A REAL QB.

That's the problem in all of this. They think Alex Smith is just as good as Aaron Rodgers, thus they can ignore positional value and player potential entirely when drafting.

DTLB58
03-21-2013, 04:11 PM
Dorsey said he'd passed the physical and had no concerns with Albert's health.

Then tagged the ****er and decided to pay him a top 5 salary.

I suspect he's ready to play...

And trade.

RealSNR
03-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Prozac: cure for butthurt

Being a fan of a team that repeats the same destructive behavior over and over again is like watching a loved one with a drug addiction.

Yeah, let's watch you be "butthurt" when your brother is getting the shakes without his heroin needle.

Poor word choice.

BigMeatballDave
03-21-2013, 04:15 PM
Being a fan of a team that repeats the same destructive behavior over and over again is like watching a loved one with a drug addiction.

Yeah, let's watch you be "butthurt" when your brother is getting the shakes without his heroin needle.

Poor word choice.

Why be a fan any longer?

I don't like the Smith trade and I want to keep Albert.

I cannot control any of it, so I've made my peace with it all.

RealSNR
03-21-2013, 04:17 PM
Why be a fan any longer?

I don't like the Smith trade and I want to keep Albert.

I cannot control any of it, so I've made my peace with it all.

I already don't give a shit about the Chiefs anymore. I can't just pick up a new team, so I'm stuck enjoying my time on Chiefs Planet and not watching any of their games.

Same position I was in last year.

BigMeatballDave
03-21-2013, 04:17 PM
This place has become worse than reading retarded mock drafts that have us taking Joeckel.

I've even accepted that pick.

Accept it all or find another outlet.

BigMeatballDave
03-21-2013, 04:18 PM
I already don't give a shit about the Chiefs anymore. I can't just pick up a new team, so I'm stuck enjoying my time on Chiefs Planet and not watching any of their games.

I'll still watch as much as I can. It's football. I cannot possibly not enjoy it.

DTLB58
03-21-2013, 04:23 PM
That just stupid.

I'm convinced that's what Hillis did. :banghead:

Ebolapox
03-21-2013, 04:25 PM

nah, hillis just sucked.

Easy 6
03-21-2013, 04:27 PM

I'll NEVER forget the halfassed acting job of limp he walked off with to start his time on the bench... that guy QUIT, simple and plain.

Had he not been a giant vagina, he could've really helped us.

Tribal Warfare
03-21-2013, 04:28 PM
This place has become worse than reading retarded mock drafts that have us taking Joeckel.

I've even accepted that pick.

Accept it all or find another outlet.

It hasn't happened so there is no point in accepting something that's bullshit from the media.

Dayze
03-21-2013, 04:29 PM
trade him to Philly; have 2 picks in the first 4 picks. winning. ~

Brock
03-21-2013, 04:30 PM
There's no reading to it, it hasn't happened and it's draft season which means it is all smoke and mirrors until something tangible happens.

Ha ha, sure.

Chiefaholic
03-21-2013, 04:36 PM
Back injuries don't just completely disappear...at least not in my experiences they don't. Having back spasms is something I would be cautious with if I'm looking at handing 50 million dollars to a football player that has had them recently.

Coming from a guy who deals with back problems on a daily basis, you'll feel great one day, then turn wrong and hurt for weeks.

-King-
03-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Albert has had back spasms? According to who?
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
03-21-2013, 04:40 PM
If we're trading him to Miami.....I'll take both of their 2nds.

Indy for their 1st (#24)?

BigMeatballDave
03-21-2013, 04:41 PM
It hasn't happened so there is no point in accepting something that's bullshit from the media.

Point is, I'm prepared. I've dealt with it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-21-2013, 05:05 PM
The guy is a top 10 tackle. Pay him and move the fuck on.

Or, use him to get draft compensation, draft Joekel, and make room at the Steelers dinner table for me, please.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ace Gunner
03-21-2013, 06:24 PM
JFC put the ****er on the view to tell his story

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-21-2013, 06:39 PM
JFC put the ****er on the view to tell his story

Lets put Clark on the View. He can debate with the gals about which product makes his vagina feel freshest!
Posted via Mobile Device

track
03-21-2013, 06:49 PM
I already don't give a shit about the Chiefs anymore..... Trading Albert for peanuts would make me ****ing furious.

Now that's ****ing weird. If you don't give a shit why would anything the chiefs do cause any emotion at all.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-21-2013, 06:57 PM
Now that's ****ing weird. If you don't give a shit why would anything the chiefs do cause any emotion at all.

Im still emotionally involved until draft day. After that, I'll either be a fan still or I'll move on to my second team and just laugh and laugh as the Chiefs flounder for about four more years.
Posted via Mobile Device

track
03-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Im still emotionally involved until draft day. After that, I'll either be a fan still or I'll move on to my second team and just laugh and laugh as the Chiefs flounder for about four more years.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well I hope you find a reason to get on board. If you do move on...hopefully you can find a message board for the new team you are supporting to replace this one. No need to hang around a message board where you have no interest in the team.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-21-2013, 07:15 PM
Well I hope you find a reason to get on board. If you do move on...hopefully you can find a message board for the new team you are supporting to replace this one. No need to hang around a message board where you have no interest in the team.

Oh fuck no; chiefsplanet is stuck with me from now until the Sun goes nova. Let me clarify; I'll be laughing AT you, and I'll be doing it HERE.
Posted via Mobile Device

okcchief
03-21-2013, 10:00 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

According to Albert.

Tombstone RJ
03-21-2013, 10:11 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

who is this second team?

Simply Red
03-21-2013, 10:17 PM
6 or 7 wins this year - lol

http://i.imgur.com/pzu8vyF.jpg

track
03-21-2013, 11:16 PM
Oh **** no; chiefsplanet is stuck with me from now until the Sun goes nova. Let me clarify; I'll be laughing AT you, and I'll be doing it HERE.
Posted via Mobile Device

Laugh away.....but I will be enjoying every win and agonizing every loss...that's the fun part...getting emotionally involved with the team...something you are going to miss out on.

I enjoyed the hell out of the Marty years and the Vermeil era...we didn't make it to the super bowl but there were a lot of wins along the way. It's all relative...we have sucked so bad lately that a 10 win season would seem like a super bowl win. It's sort of like KU bball and KU football. The football crowd would be elated if the team goes 6 and 6 and makes a bowl next year. The Bball crowd would be up in arms if the bball team went .500....anything less than a conference championship and a final four is not satisfactory. The chiefs more closely resemble KU football...not very good but reason for hope.

Hammock Parties
03-21-2013, 11:27 PM
Unfortunately my brain doesn't let me get emotionally involved anymore. Not with sacks of shit like Alex Smith at the helm.

It's a clown franchise to me now. All I can do is sit back and chuckle and LOL at the trainwreck.

RealSNR
03-21-2013, 11:37 PM
Laugh away.....but I will be enjoying every win and agonizing every loss...that's the fun part...getting emotionally involved with the team...something you are going to miss out on.

I enjoyed the hell out of the Marty years and the Vermeil era...we didn't make it to the super bowl but there were a lot of wins along the way. It's all relative...we have sucked so bad lately that a 10 win season would seem like a super bowl win. It's sort of like KU bball and KU football. The football crowd would be elated if the team goes 6 and 6 and makes a bowl next year. The Bball crowd would be up in arms if the bball team went .500....anything less than a conference championship and a final four is not satisfactory. The chiefs more closely resemble KU football...not very good but reason for hope.

If the Chiefs ever grew a pair of testicles when it came to the QB position, we wouldn't have to view 10-6 as a Super Bowl win. 10-6 would be the norm. Such as it is, we got a QB who will give us the occasional 10 or 11 win season. We'll make the playoffs a few times. But nobody will ever believe.

THAT'S why fans around here are so fucking upset. They want to hope and believe in something. They want to be excited about the future. They want a fucking change in the mentality of this franchise that starts at the top and works its way down to every single coach.

And quite frankly, this franchise has NEVER had that feeling. Len Dawson played in a different era of football. Trent Green was the best it ever got, and he was in his fucking 30s when we acquired him.

Why do other teams roll the dice but we never do? Why do Lions fans have more faith than us? There are reasons why.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-22-2013, 03:46 AM
who is this second team?

You'll soon see( or not). :)
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
03-22-2013, 07:27 AM
Unfortunately my brain doesn't let me get emotionally involved anymore. Not with sacks of shit like Alex Smith at the helm.

It's a clown franchise to me now. All I can do is sit back and chuckle and LOL at the trainwreck.

Alex Smith is a better player than Kyle Orton was and I thought even Kyle Orton would have helped turn this team around.

I guess we have to look at it like that and ignore the fact that we got raped on the trade to try and get enjoyment from the 2013 Chiefs.

BossChief
03-22-2013, 07:32 AM
Posted via Mobile Device:facepalm:

---

IMO, it's a fools move for him to have said that to a member of the media.

Albert isn't a very bright individual.

suds79
03-22-2013, 07:37 AM
Albert isn't a very bright individual.

2nd time in this thread I've seen this comment.

While it may be true, who cares? Can he play? That's all I care about. I'm sure there are several, several Chiefs on the defensive side of the ball who we wouldn't consider the sharpest knife in the drawer but again, who cares?

Fishpicker
03-22-2013, 07:46 AM
I fully support Albert and I wish the Chiefs would show a little more loyalty to the cornerstone of the offense. With that said, i won't be surprised when they deal him away.

BossChief
03-22-2013, 07:59 AM
I don't buy the statements that his back is fine for a minute. These guys paid a WR and a punter elite money...if they thought his back was fine, they would have paid Albert in that same tier.

If they were to give Albert a 50 million dollar deal with 25 guaranteed and his back has issues that cause him to miss the amount of games he missed last year, the Chiefs come out looking like fools.

If I were in the Chiefs front office and I couldn't get a late first or an early second (at minimum) for Albert, I'd play him on the tag this year and if he stays healthy I pay him big bucks next offseason.

Steron
03-22-2013, 08:01 AM
I don't buy the statements that his back is fine for a minute. These guys paid a WR and a punter elite money...if they thought his back was fine, they would have paid Albert in that same tier.

If they were to give Albert a 50 million dollar deal with 25 guaranteed and his back has issues that cause him to miss the amount of games he missed last year, the Chiefs come out looking like fools.

If I were in the Chiefs front office and I couldn't get a late first or an early second (at minimum) for Albert, I'd play him on the tag this year and if he stays healthy I pay him big bucks next offseason.

This. All of it.

DBOSHO
03-22-2013, 08:41 AM
Im going to hate joeckel the minute goodell calls his name on april 25th.

The chiefs could pick any player to upgrade their team and most likely they are going to use it to draft a replacement for a young top 5-10 player at his position.

-King-
03-22-2013, 08:58 AM

Wtf makes you assume that? That's like assuming that Pioli would have paid Bowe and Carr just because he had paid Flowers, DJ, Hali, and Charles. Some players get re-signed, some don't. Just because a GM signs 1 or 2 other players and not the 3rd doesn't mean there's something wrong with that player.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
03-22-2013, 09:08 AM
Wtf makes you assume that? That's like assuming that ***** would have paid Bowe and Carr just because he had paid Flowers, DJ, Hali, and Charles. Some players get re-signed, some don't. Just because a GM signs 1 or 2 other players and not the 3rd doesn't mean there's something wrong with that player.
Posted via Mobile Device

Because they are gonna draft a left tackle in the first round.

Pioli didn't draft a corner in the first round. Carr didn't miss a handful of games due to back problems. Pioli was gonna let Dustin walk and tag Bowe a second time and draft Joeckel...he said that on TV.

tomahawk kid
03-22-2013, 09:13 AM

***** didn't draft a corner in the first round. Carr didn't miss a handful of games due to back problems. ***** was gonna let Dustin walk and tag Bowe a second time and draft Joeckel...he said that on TV.

Thank God that POS is gone.

BossChief
03-22-2013, 09:16 AM
The person, who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity, said the Chiefs aren't desperate to move Albert but realize another team might offer him a better long-term contract. The Chiefs have the No. 1 pick in April's NFL Draft and might use it on tackle Luke Joeckel.

---

This statement indicates the Chiefs have a long term contract on the table for Albert, but he wants more money.

-King-
03-22-2013, 09:16 AM

So? They made a terrible decision regarding the most important position in pro sports. You think they're not capable of not making a bad decision regarding the LT position?
Posted via Mobile Device

Molitoth
03-22-2013, 10:43 AM

Why not follow Geno's team like I will do?
It will give me something to root for other than the Chiefs/Royals/MU BB/Huskers FB.

bevischief
03-22-2013, 10:58 AM

---

This statement indicates the Chiefs have a long term contract on the table for Albert, but he wants more money.

Or they are waiting to see if back is good... Then pay him next year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-22-2013, 06:59 PM
Why not follow Geno's team like I will do?
It will give me something to root for other than the Chiefs/Royals/MU BB/Huskers FB.

Ugh. Follow Philly or Jax? Pass. I will however keep tabs on Geno for shits and giggles.
Posted via Mobile Device