PDA

View Full Version : Football First openly gay NFL player to come out soon?

Deberg_1990
03-26-2013, 06:51 AM
Would this really be that big a deal anymore??

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike-freeman/21946093/some-believe-atmosphere-is-safe-for-gay-nfl-player-to-come-out

Former NFL player Scott Fujita has seen enough. He's tired of the bigotry. He wants it to end. He's not alone.

Players like Fujita, along with a coalition of current and former NFL players, and NFL team owners, a music mogul and others, are working diligently to create a safe atmosphere for the day history will happen: when an openly gay man will be a member of an NFL club. People like Fujita -- brave people -- are attempting to make the issue a non-issue for when that day comes.

And there are serious indications that day may come sooner than later. While I've long believed I would not see an openly gay NFL player for decades, that might be wrong.

Based on interviews over the past several weeks with current and former players, I'm told that a current gay NFL player is strongly considering coming out publicly within the next few months -- and after doing so, the player would attempt to continue his career.

I'm told this player feels the time is now for someone to take this step -- despite homophobic remarks from San Francisco 49ers defensive back Chris Culliver and the controversy arising recently at the Indianapolis Scouting combine, when prospects were asked questions about their sexuality.

This player's true concern, I'm told, is not the reaction inside an NFL locker room but outside of it. The player fears he will suffer serious harm from homophobic fans, and that is the only thing preventing him from coming out. My sources will not say who this alleged player is.

There has never been an active openly gay player in a major American team sport, but the information I've gathered on the player in question comes from several current and former players.

"I honestly think the players of the NFL have been ready for an openly gay player for quite some time now," said Fujita, a free agent linebacker who has played for the Chiefs, Cowboys, Saints and Browns. "Trust me, the coming out of a player would create much bigger waves outside the locker room than inside. The way I've seen the conversation around LGBT issues evolve, especially in the past few years, has been encouraging. Guys are more accepting than they used to be. Even those who raise personal objections to homosexuality, some of whom are good friends of mine, would still be able to coexist and accept a gay teammate."

Over the past few days there's been a flurry of activity on the issue including a brief filed by Fujita and others in support of a marriage equality case before the Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court on Tuesday will hear oral arguments on California's Proposition 8, which banned same-sex marriage. Opponents of the proposition say it discriminates against gay men and women.

To Fujita and others, this is an important case that could have ramifications in the NFL. If the Supreme Court overturns Proposition 8, it would send yet another signal to closeted gay NFL players that the environment is changing for the better.

The brief's supporters are impressive. They include: Giants co-owner Steve Tisch; Demaurice Smith, executive director of the NFLPA; Vikings punter Chris Kluwe, Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo; Marie Tillman, co-founder of the Pat Tillman Foundation; Russell Simmons, founder of Def Jam Records; former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans; Browns center Alex Mack; and NFL players Connor Barwin, D'Qwell Jackson, Tom Crabtree, Eric Winston and Scott Shanle, among others.

There is a feeling among people who have fought this battle for years that a corner is about to be turned. I don't know. While my faith in humanity remains tepid, it's balanced by my faith in people like Fujita.

Demonpenz
03-26-2013, 06:53 AM
Oral

Marco Polo
03-26-2013, 06:57 AM
Not to turn this into a DC thread, but it shouldn't matter. I'll take a gay elite QB over a straight marginal QB any day on my team.

Demonpenz
03-26-2013, 07:01 AM
Not to turn this into a DC thread, but it shouldn't matter. I'll take a gay elite QB over a straight marginal QB any day on my team.

how would he ever throw with all that leather on?

Ceej
03-26-2013, 07:10 AM

If I am the center I hope the offense is shotgun based only.

Bugeater
03-26-2013, 07:11 AM
Tebow.

CoMoChief
03-26-2013, 07:12 AM
Tebow.

I would hope not only for the reason that I'm sick n tired of hearing about Tebow.

If he came out gay, then we'd never hear the end of Tebow.

Imon Yourside
03-26-2013, 07:14 AM
Could it have been easier on Cassel if he had come out?

Deberg_1990
03-26-2013, 07:16 AM
I'll take a gay elite QB over a straight marginal QB any day on my team.

I dont consider Phillip Rivers elite.

Dayze
03-26-2013, 07:20 AM
Clay plays football?

Chiefshrink
03-26-2013, 07:23 AM
NFL is trying to prepare a soft landing for Manti and continue it's political progressive march for political correctness as it continues to ruin the game making it softer with all the rule changes and making sure those players who enjoy being around naked cock in the locker room feel comfortable:rolleyes:

Dayze
03-26-2013, 07:26 AM
he'll most assuredly lead with the head.

Prison Bitch
03-26-2013, 07:30 AM
I wouldn't have enjoyed being around an openly gay guy in my frat in college. It's possible one of the 100 was but it certainly wasn't known. I wouldn't shower in the common area with the possibility he'd show up in there. Anyone who can't understand the natural aversion straight males have to this, is a fucking moron.

Chiefshrink
03-26-2013, 07:30 AM
he'll most assuredly lead with his head.

You just lit the fire for all the TE jokes coming.

suds79
03-26-2013, 07:35 AM
I have an announcement to make.... (standing up on my soap box)

"I'm straight. Thank you."

What's the relevancy here? We all care the same about my announcement as to a NFL player being gay.

Seriously who cares? My reaction would be "Okay. That's fine. Why are you telling me this?"

Might as well tell me if you like turtles while you're at it.

Tribal Warfare
03-26-2013, 07:38 AM
seriously, tolerance won't mean shit in the locker room unless it's in their contract and/or they'll get fined. It's just how it is, you can't change someone's personal opinion on this issue.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-26-2013, 07:45 AM
I've never understood why anyone would care either way unless he tried to grab your pecker or some shit. The pat on the butt may turn from male bonding to creepy though.

tooge
03-26-2013, 07:56 AM
If the guy can play football, I don't care if he's gay or not, I want him on my team. If he sucks (at football), then I don't want him on my team. Very simple.

Anyone who feels differently is ignorant. People are born gay and don't have any control over it. People who are ignorant are born ignorant and don't have any control over it.

I hope whoever the guy is that comes out is a well known player and not some practice squad guy.

tooge
03-26-2013, 07:57 AM

too funny. Rep.

MahiMike
03-26-2013, 07:58 AM
Here's my take on fags on teams. Why is it ok for these guys to be in the same locker room/shower as other guys? I mean, if this is ok then why can't straight guys go into women's locker rooms/showers?

It ain't fair!

Tribal Warfare
03-26-2013, 08:01 AM
If the guy can play football, I don't care if he's gay or not, I want him on my team. If he sucks (at football), then I don't want him on my team. Very simple.

Anyone who feels differently is ignorant. People are born gay and don't have any control over it. People who are ignorant are born ignorant and don't have any control over it.

I hope whoever the guy is that comes out is a well known player and not some practice squad guy.

Not me, but a lot believe differently, and ( not to put into D.C. forum context) It's hardwired into religion.

Jerm
03-26-2013, 08:02 AM
When the Te'o story broke, Mike Freeman went on Twitter and heavily insinuated he was gay and it was a cover up...wonder if that's the case. Why else would whoever this is wait a few months?

OrlandoChief
03-26-2013, 08:04 AM
Thought the Winston cut was financial,,,, but this makes more sense.

Prison Bitch
03-26-2013, 08:04 AM
Here's my take on pillowbiters on teams. Why is it ok for these guys to be in the same locker room/shower as other guys? I mean, if this is ok then why can't straight guys go into women's locker rooms/showers?

It ain't fair!

You're joking, but it's a fair point you stumbled across. As you see, "sexual harassment" has been discussed ad nauseam by the feminists for the past 50 years in America. Workplace agression! Sue everybody! On and on and on....lawsuit after lawsuit. Those gawd damn caveman males keep reverting to knuckle dragging and sexual prowess.

It's just who men are: pigs.

But these same people turn right around and demand - not ask but demand - that a gay guy be brought into the showering areas of a football team. That the male instincts - so obvious and so commonplace when sexually attacking women in the workplace - suddenly disappears completely when it's a GAY guy. (We only harass when we are straight apparently)

Truly amazing.

HoneyBadger
03-26-2013, 08:07 AM
This will lead to a thread being created about the use of the word "gay" and how it is highly offensive so we should stop using it.

KCUnited
03-26-2013, 08:13 AM
That Browns uni could use a little sprucing.

Chiefshrink
03-26-2013, 08:16 AM
I wouldn't have enjoyed being around an openly gay guy in my frat in college. It's possible one of the 100 was but it certainly wasn't known. I wouldn't shower in the common area with the possibility he'd show up in there. Anyone who can't understand the natural aversion straight males have to this, is a fucking moron.

But you see you are the 'fucking moron' NOW in our political correct progressive society,according too many on this board :rolleyes:

But I agree with you. You are going to tell me that a cute heterosexual college softball chick who plays with half of her team that are lesbians actually feels comfortable in the showers and doesn't feel like she is being looked on as a potentially new strap on victim:rolleyes:

I guess 'tribal' and suds' would have no problem and actually feel very comfortable in the locker room with a naked gay black guy on each side of them potentially wanting to play 'oreo cookie' or if the gay guys were white then they could play 'vanilla wafered'.

Understand that the term "homophobia" is a made up phony clinical term by the political left made to look legit listing it in the DSM of mental health in order to continue the assault on our Judeo/Christian values of our culture.

Bottom line: IT IS NORMAL to feel 'uncomfortable' around homosexuals of your same sex in the shower BUT the progressive politically correct will always tell you otherwise:rolleyes:

Prison Bitch, MahiMike, even PGM hints at uncomfortableness, but guys it IS NORMAL to feel this way and you ARE NOT WRONG FOR FEELING THIS WAY:thumb:

WhawhaWhat
03-26-2013, 08:18 AM
You're joking, but it's a fair point you stumbled across. As you see, "sexual harassment" has been discussed ad nauseam by the feminists for the past 50 years in America. Workplace agression! Sue everybody! On and on and on....lawsuit after lawsuit. Those gawd damn caveman males keep reverting to knuckle dragging and sexual prowess.

But these same people turn right around and demand - not ask but demand - that a gay guy be brought into the showering areas of a football team. That the male instincts - so obvious and so commonplace when sexually attacking women in the workplace - suddenly disappears completely when it's a GAY guy. (We only harass when we are straight apparently)

Truly amazing.

:rolleyes:

I am sure every gay guy in the locker room is wandering around grabbing everyone's junk and asking for BJs.

Fritz88
03-26-2013, 08:19 AM
Probably some no name special teamer who wants to make history.

Its going to be interesting to see what happens when he comes out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefshrink
03-26-2013, 08:21 AM

Truly amazing.

Progressive Marxist Politically Correct Lefty Dems !! Don't ya Love'EM ???:rolleyes:

MTG#10
03-26-2013, 08:22 AM
I wouldn't have enjoyed being around an openly gay guy in my frat in college. It's possible one of the 100 was but it certainly wasn't known. I wouldn't shower in the common area with the possibility he'd show up in there. Anyone who can't understand the natural aversion straight males have to this, is a fukkking moron.

Racist

Chiefshrink
03-26-2013, 08:25 AM
Racist

Race has nothing to do with sexual preference. You are a 'DUNCE' !

loochy
03-26-2013, 08:27 AM
Race has nothing to do with sexual preference. You are a 'DUNCE' !

Did you look at his quote? That one flew right past you...

loochy
03-26-2013, 08:28 AM
:rolleyes:

I am sure every gay guy in the locker room is wandering around grabbing everyone's junk and asking for BJs.

If I was a dude in a locker room full of women that's what I'd be doing.

Imon Yourside
03-26-2013, 08:29 AM

It's strange how every straight guy wants to rape a chick, yet every gay guy is harmless as a lamb. Double standard?

Discuss Thrower
03-26-2013, 08:31 AM
My money's on Eric Winston.

Imon Yourside
03-26-2013, 08:32 AM

Thickening, jus' Thickening.

WhawhaWhat
03-26-2013, 08:34 AM

If the locker room was your place of work, then that would be sexual harrassment.

Frazod
03-26-2013, 08:35 AM
God I'm sick of hearing about this shit.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-26-2013, 08:36 AM
But you see you are the 'fucking moron' NOW in our political correct progressive society,according too many on this board :rolleyes:

But I agree with you. You are going to tell me that a cute heterosexual college softball chick who plays with half of her team that are lesbians actually feels comfortable in the showers and doesn't feel like she is being looked on as a potentially new strap on victim:rolleyes:

I guess 'tribal' and suds' would have no problem and actually feel very comfortable in the locker room with a naked gay black guy on each side of them potentially wanting to play 'oreo cookie' or if the gay guys were white then they could play 'vanilla wafered'.

Understand that the term "homophobia" is a made up phony clinical term by the political left made to look legit listing it in the DSM of mental health in order to continue the assault on our Judeo/Christian values of our culture.

Bottom line: IT IS NORMAL to feel 'uncomfortable' around homosexuals of your same sex in the shower BUT the progressive politically correct will always tell you otherwise:rolleyes:

Prison Bitch, MahiMike, even PGM hints at uncomfortableness, but guys it IS NORMAL to feel this way and you ARE NOT WRONG FOR FEELING THIS WAY:thumb:

Lol, I wouldn't care. I'm a nevernude anyway :thumb:

Brock
03-26-2013, 08:36 AM

What is it like to be such a scared puss?

KCUnited
03-26-2013, 08:37 AM
Shouldn't be an issue, butt sects of people are really ignorant.

Sully
03-26-2013, 08:37 AM
Hilarious.
"I don't want an openly gay guy in my lockerroom, because he might look at my coin purse!"
As opposed to
"I want him to stay closeted, because then he won't look at my...
Oh...
Never mind."

Imon Yourside
03-26-2013, 08:39 AM
If the locker room was your place of work, then that would be sexual harrassment.

It should not be, equal rights man.

WhawhaWhat
03-26-2013, 08:39 AM

Someone didn't learn their greek roots in middle school.

WV
03-26-2013, 08:40 AM

He does have a purty mouth on him.

ndws
I guess this is why they're called wide receivers.

Imon Yourside
I guess this is why they're called wide receivers.

Tight Ends?

WhawhaWhat
03-26-2013, 08:41 AM
Shouldn't be an issue, butt sects of people are really ignorant.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/27957439.jpg

Sully
03-26-2013, 08:42 AM
:

This would be a lot more convincing if it wasn't part of a 5+ paragraph post fantasizing, I mean describing, why we should all be afraid of gays in a lockerroom.

ndws
03-26-2013, 08:43 AM
Tight Ends?

I'm guessing thats how they get their start?

Imon Yourside
03-26-2013, 08:44 AM
Coaches new rallying cry...

"Let's win one for the cock sucker!"

ndws
03-26-2013, 08:47 AM
Look for the one center who NEVER wants to line up in shotgun or pistol.

lcarus
03-26-2013, 08:51 AM
It's strange how every straight guy wants to rape a chick, yet every gay guy is harmless as a lamb. Double standard?

I know right?! What's up with that.

http://knappy-head.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/newsweek.jpg

tooge
03-26-2013, 08:54 AM

this post makes a lot of sense coming from a guy that goes by "prison bitch".

Just because you took it in the ass in prison doesn't mean a gay guy would want to even touch you. They'd probably find you gross.

journeyscarab
03-26-2013, 08:55 AM
I'm so sick of hearing about everyone's sexual preferences. Whatever happened to just keep it to yourself and do your job? I - don't - care and you cannot make me care.

Deberg_1990
03-26-2013, 08:56 AM
If you have ever showered in a common/public locker room (Im assuming we all have at one time or another) then chances are good there was at least one gay guy in there. and yet somehow all of us straight guys managed to make it out without getting raped? amazing.

Imon Yourside
03-26-2013, 08:57 AM
If you have ever showered in a common/public locker room (Im assuming we all have at one time or another) then chances are good there was at least one gay guy in there. and yet somehow all of us straight guys managed to make it out without getting raped? amazing.

Some dude took pics of your junk and it's all over tha intrawebz!!!!!!

Discuss Thrower

Gay guys can be a great asset to a chapter; they tend to bring girls around.

RealSNR
IT'S MATT CASSEL YOU FUCKING MORONS

Imon Yourside

Then I would prefer to shower with their Assets not their asses.

tooge
03-26-2013, 08:58 AM
But you see you are the '****ing moron' NOW in our political correct progressive society,according too many on this board :rolleyes:

agreed. I am also uncomfortable sitting near morbidly obese people, people that are chain smoking, people with retarded kids, etc. That doesn't mean they don't have the same rights as I do. The shower thing is interesting to say the least. I'm not gay, so I don't know how it works with gays and attraction. I don't automatically want to fuck every chick I see, and I don't guess that the case would be any different with gays in a locker room.

Imon Yourside
03-26-2013, 08:58 AM
IT'S MATT CASSEL YOU ****ING MORONS

Q

Page 1!

:D

MTG#10
03-26-2013, 09:00 AM
Race has nothing to do with sexual preference. You are a 'DUNCE' !You dont say? :hmmm:

Sully
03-26-2013, 09:05 AM

That's the funny thing about all this. It's not about a gay guy in the NFL. It's about an openly gay guy, because if there's one thing we know, it's that if there's anyone more sexually aggressive than a gay guy, it's an openly gay guy!!!
They want to put it in every ass they see!!!

mikey23545
03-26-2013, 09:05 AM
Might as well start up the Male Lingerie League now...

tooge
03-26-2013, 09:07 AM
That's the funny thing about all this. It's not about a gay guy in the NFL. It's about an openly gay guy, because if there's one thing we know, it's that if there's anyone more sexually aggressive than a gay guy, it's an openly gay guy!!!
They want to put it in every ass they see!!!

Bingo. Here's the crux of the issue. Its known that there are already gay men playing in the NFL, and there have been for years. So, you wanna KNOW if the guys in your shower are gay or just guess?

Prison Bitch
03-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Progressive Marxist Politically Correct Lefty Dems !! Don't ya Love'EM ???:rolleyes:

yes, they are awesome. :shake:

It will be interesting to see hoe the left handles the first openly gay man. He'll have to undergo major sexual harassment training and senstiivity classes.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-26-2013, 09:10 AM
Good for Peyton. You go girl!
Posted via Mobile Device

loochy
03-26-2013, 09:11 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HiNXjs3idgU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Halfcan
03-26-2013, 09:11 AM
Peyton manning wont come out and risk his Image-lol

kcjayhawks5
03-26-2013, 09:17 AM
Peyton Manning

Stanley Nickels
03-26-2013, 09:17 AM
But you see you are the '****ing moron' NOW in our political correct progressive society,according too many on this board :rolleyes:

I'm really hoping your handle is an allusion to the Chiefs' playoff performance over the past 20 years, and that you're not an actual psychologist(/iatrist). Unless you "earned" your degree from U. of Phoenix Online, there's no way a psychology professional could ever be this dense. I refuse to believe that.

Rain Man
03-26-2013, 09:19 AM
Looking at some of the comments in here, I would reluctantly offer an observation. What makes you think that a gay guy would find you attractive? Most women don't find me attractive, so I have to think the same dynamic would be at play with men.

On the NFL question, I don't necessarily see a player as being in "danger" from homophobic fans or discrimination or anything like that. I see the biggest problem being that he works in a jungle with some of the meanest and most aggressive people on earth. Anything you reveal that can potentially be used to distract you or upset you on the field will be used. If he comes out, he can expect to get about 8,000 anti-gay comments per game from his opponents, and it's not really a gay thing. It's a competitive thing.

RyFo18
03-26-2013, 09:20 AM
I know who it is.

loochy
03-26-2013, 09:22 AM
What makes you think that a gay guy would find you attractive? Most women don't find me attractive, so I have to think the same dynamic would be at play with men. It's the same reason that they think women would find them attractive even though they are old, not smart, balding, have a beer gut, and have hairy backs.

On the NFL question, I don't necessarily see a player as being in "danger" from homophobic fans or discrimination or anything like that. I see the biggest problem being that he works in a jungle with some of the meanest and most aggressive people on earth. Anything you reveal that can potentially be used to distract you or upset you on the field will be used. If he comes out, he can expect to get about 8,000 anti-gay comments per game from his opponents, and it's not really a gay thing. It's a competitive thing.
word dawg

Stanley Nickels
03-26-2013, 09:23 AM
yes, they are awesome. :shake:

It will be interesting to see hoe the left handles the first openly gay man. He'll have to undergo major sexual harassment training and senstiivity classes.

Quit pigeonholing an entire political ideology into a neat package of convenient stereotypes; it's strawman bullshit for weak arguments. Sexual equality is not the same as hyper-liberal political correctness. Homosexuality is not as simple as "choice", whether you choose to believe it or not. Hyper-liberal political correctness is a choice. Quit grouping the two together simply because you disagree with both.

Stanley Nickels
03-26-2013, 09:27 AM
What makes you think that a gay guy would find you attractive?

Very well put. I used to work at Apple with a number of gay men, and learned that homosexual attraction is no different than heterosexual attraction. Physical and emotional chemistry are just as necessary. The only difference is, the male sex drive doesn't change in homosexuals, so they're more likely to be sexually active. That doesn't mean they'll just **** anything, though.

Rain Man
03-26-2013, 09:28 AM
word dawg

[Fist bump.]

loochy
03-26-2013, 09:33 AM
Very well put. I used to work at Apple with a number of gay men, and learned that homosexual attraction is no different than heterosexual attraction. Physical and emotional chemistry are just as necessary. The only difference is, the male sex drive doesn't change in homosexuals, so they're more likely to be sexually active. That doesn't mean they'll just **** anything, though.

this does not compute

guys go after anything

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-26-2013, 09:34 AM
A couple of owners should come out first. To set an example. Green Bay isn't that small a town.

Dave Lane
03-26-2013, 09:36 AM
I wouldn't have enjoyed being around an openly gay guy in my frat in college. It's possible one of the 100 was but it certainly wasn't known. I wouldn't shower in the common area with the possibility he'd show up in there. Anyone who can't understand the natural aversion straight males have to this, is a ****ing moron.

10 of your "brothers" were gay. Fact.

loochy
03-26-2013, 09:37 AM
10 of your "brothers" were gay. Fact.

how is that a fact? you didn't know them

Prison Bitch
03-26-2013, 09:40 AM
He's talking "libberish" again

Marco Polo
03-26-2013, 09:42 AM
Looking at some of the comments in here, I would reluctantly offer an observation. What makes you think that a gay guy would find you attractive? Most women don't find me attractive, so I have to think the same dynamic would be at play with men.

+1

loochy
03-26-2013, 09:43 AM
+1

why oh why does rain man always make so much sense?

Stanley Nickels
03-26-2013, 09:44 AM

It's estimated that 10% of the population is gay. Even if Prison Bitch was a member of a frat that was explicitly homophobic, it's likely that at least five of them were gay. Come to think of it, the percentage of vocally homophobic people who end up involved in gay scandals is probably well above 10%.

loochy
03-26-2013, 09:46 AM
It's estimated that 10% of the population is gay. Even if Prison Bitch was a member of a frat that was explicitly homophobic, it's likely that at least five of them were gay. Come to think of it, the percentage of vocally homophobic people who end up involved in gay scandals is probably well above 10%.

you don't think that the distribution of that 10% might be skewed? i'd think that gay folks would try to avoid an environment like that...

Stanley Nickels
03-26-2013, 09:49 AM

This is a really good point that I hadn't considered. If a team will target RGIII's legs because it offers a potentially huge competitive advantage, you can damn well bet that someone will disregard their own opinions, if it means affecting a player's performance. Whether it's Manti Te'o, The Unnamed Gay (good CP handle idea, there), or anyone else, there's a psychological battle that benefits the ones who have the least dirt that can be used against them.

WhawhaWhat
03-26-2013, 09:52 AM
you don't think that the distribution of that 10% might be skewed? i'd think that gay folks would try to avoid an environment like that...

I always thought frat guys all at least had gay tendencies. Hey-oooooo.

Stanley Nickels
03-26-2013, 09:52 AM

You're forgetting that much of the 10% are men and women who either live in denial or believe they can "change" their sexuality. There's a whole range of behavioral reactions to having feelings that parts of society believe are immoral and "unnatural". It's easy for you and I to say "if I were gay, I'd be open and proud", but we've never had to deal with anything remotely like that. (Sorry to speak for you, but I'm just making an assumption)

Dave Lane
03-26-2013, 09:56 AM

Statistically 10% are gay and in that large of a group its probably going to be close to the proper number.

loochy
03-26-2013, 09:59 AM
Statistically 10% are gay and in that large of a group its probably going to be close to the proper number.

Like I said earlier, don't you think that that 10% might be skewed away from a group that acts and behaves in a manner consistent with what is expected of a fraternity (i.e. groupthink, hazing, etc)? Conventional viewpoints would think that would be a bad situation for a gay man.

Rain Man
03-26-2013, 10:00 AM
This is a really good point that I hadn't considered. If a team will target RGIII's legs because it offers a potentially huge competitive advantage, you can damn well bet that someone will disregard their own opinions, if it means affecting a player's performance. Whether it's Manti Te'o, The Unnamed Gay (good CP handle idea, there), or anyone else, there's a psychological battle that benefits the ones who have the least dirt that can be used against them.

DT's Monday Night meltdown is a perfect example of this in the most heterosexual context possible.

Brock
03-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Like I said earlier, don't you think that that 10% might be skewed away from a group that acts and behaves in a manner consistent with what is expected of a fraternity (i.e. groupthink, hazing, etc)? Conventional viewpoints would think that would be a bad situation for a gay man.

I would hazard a guess that the percentage is higher in frats, just based on their behavior and the desire to live in a house with a bunch of dudes.

Canofbier
03-26-2013, 10:04 AM
I wouldn't have enjoyed being around an openly gay guy in my frat in college. It's possible one of the 100 was but it certainly wasn't known. I wouldn't shower in the common area with the possibility he'd show up in there. Anyone who can't understand the natural aversion straight males have to this, is a ****ing moron.

I'd imagine that the majority of people in this thread are straight males, and there isn't any lack of people lining up to argue against you. It's awfully presumptuous of you to assume that your experience is representative of straight men as a whole.

There is no doubt that there are some in the NFL that would be uncomfortable with a homosexual teammate. Based on what Fujita is saying, however, it sounds like most players are willing to accept a teammate for what or who he is. Given the other issues that the players have on their plates (keeping their spots on the depth chart, practicing for their next game), I doubt that having a few gay players on the team would alter the locker room dynamic much.

Tribal Warfare
03-26-2013, 10:07 AM

If they don't make a big issue out of it, I have no problem. One of my cousins is gay so I'm very tolerant .

Prison Bitch
03-26-2013, 10:08 AM
It's estimated that 10% of the population is gay. %.

No it's not. It's 2-3%.

Prison Bitch
03-26-2013, 10:10 AM
I'd imagine that the majority of people in this thread are straight males, and there isn't any lack of people lining up to argue against you. It's awfully presumptuous of you to assume that your experience is representative of straight men as a whole..

You can't be serious. What people say on a message board and what people would actually do when confronted with a situation are two completely different things.

boogblaster
tolerant .. thats the problem now .. go bak in the closets you unnatural sob's .....

scho63
I don't care if every Chiefs player were gay if they get us to the Super Bowl and win.

"Just win baby"

Brock
03-26-2013, 10:11 AM
I guess 'tribal' and suds' would have no problem and actually feel very comfortable in the locker room with a naked gay black guy on each side of them potentially wanting to play 'oreo cookie' or if the gay guys were white then they could play 'vanilla wafered'.:

Sounds like you've put a lot of thought into this. Really a lot. Like, way more than a normal straight guy would. Food for thought.

Canofbier
03-26-2013, 10:12 AM
You can't be serious. What people say on a message board and what people would actually do when confronted with a situation are two completely different things.

Depends on the person, I guess. I have absolutely no incentive to put on a front here on CP; I say what I mean, and I don't exaggerate my opinions to try and make myself look better.

houstonwhodat
03-26-2013, 10:13 AM
Should this be a sticky?

gblowfish
03-26-2013, 10:14 AM
He's super, thanks for asking!
http://i49.tinypic.com/10s9lpl.jpg

Canofbier
03-26-2013, 10:14 AM
tolerant .. thats the problem now .. go bak in the closets you unnatural sob's .....

"Why are we so tolerant of obese people nowadays? Stop eating, you lazy, unnaturally fat sack of shit."

See what I did there?

RealSNR
03-26-2013, 10:15 AM

Women only love you for your car.

I wonder what kind of car Scott Fujita finds attractive.

Brock
03-26-2013, 10:16 AM

Just pull your shades down and turn up the volume on price is right, grandpa.

gblowfish
03-26-2013, 10:17 AM
I thought Johnnie Morton was the first outwardly gay player?

loochy
03-26-2013, 10:23 AM

after his playing days

loochy
03-26-2013, 10:24 AM
He's super, thanks for asking!

thickening

lostcause

I'm not sure he ever actually came out.

Prison Bitch
Depends on the person, I guess. I have absolutely no incentive to put on a front here on CP; I say what I mean, and I don't exaggerate my opinions to try and make myself look better.

Cool, me too. Fist bump, brah!

Dayze
03-26-2013, 10:28 AM
Ted Washington is pretty much gay, based on the way his wife looks.

tman
03-26-2013, 10:31 AM
This thread is gay!

A man escapes from a prison where he’s been locked up for 15 years. He breaks into a house and inside, he finds a young couple in bed. He ties him to a chair. While tying the wife to the bed, the convict gets on top of her, kisses her neck, then gets up and goes into the bathroom. While he’s in there, the husband whispers over to his wife,
“Listen, this guy is an escaped convict. Look at his clothes! He’s probably spent a lot of time in jail and hasn’t seen a woman in years. I saw how he kissed your neck. If he wants sex, don’t resist, don’t complain. Do whatever he tells you. Satisfy him no matter how much he nauseates you. This guy is obviously very dangerous. If he gets angry, he’ll kill us both. Be strong, honey. I love you!”

She responds: “He wasn’t kissing my neck. He was whispering in my ear. He told me that he’s gay, thinks you’re cute, and asked if we had any Vaseline. I told him it was in the bathroom. Be strong honey. I love you, too.”

bevischief
03-26-2013, 10:32 AM
This thread is gay!

A man escapes from a prison where he’s been locked up for 15 years. He breaks into a house and inside, he finds a young couple in bed. He ties him to a chair. While tying the wife to the bed, the convict gets on top of her, kisses her neck, then gets up and goes into the bathroom. While he’s in there, the husband whispers over to his wife,
“Listen, this guy is an escaped convict. Look at his clothes! He’s probably spent a lot of time in jail and hasn’t seen a woman in years. I saw how he kissed your neck. If he wants sex, don’t resist, don’t complain. Do whatever he tells you. Satisfy him no matter how much he nauseates you. This guy is obviously very dangerous. If he gets angry, he’ll kill us both. Be strong, honey. I love you!”

She responds: “He wasn’t kissing my neck. He was whispering in my ear. He told me that he’s gay, thinks you’re cute, and asked if we had any Vaseline. I told him it was in the bathroom. Be strong honey. I love you, too.”

LMAO

RealSNR
03-26-2013, 10:39 AM
This gay joke is extremely vulgar, so I put it in the spoiler tag. Don't read this and complain:

Q: How do you get a gay man to have sex with a woman?

A: Fill up her cunt with feces

ThaVirus
03-26-2013, 10:40 AM
Sounds like you've put a lot of thought into this. Really a lot. Like, way more than a normal straight guy would. Food for thought.

LMAO

Its great reading some of people's views in this thread though. You never know quite how backward some people are until they open their mouths.

Strongside
03-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Why does this article mention that the player will 'try to continue his career'? Jeff Garcia has been out of the league for some time now.

KC native
03-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Hey, it's the monthly expose all the homophobes thread.

ModSocks
03-26-2013, 10:42 AM
This gay joke is extremely vulgar, so I put it in the spoiler tag. Don't read this and complain:

A: Fill up her **** with feces

That's the worst gay joke i've ever read.

loochy
03-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Why does this article mention that the player will 'try to continue his career'? Jeff Garcia has been out of the league for some time now.

Dude have you SEEN his wife?

Strongside
03-26-2013, 10:43 AM
I'm no homophobe. My girlfriend and I eat at Hamburger Mary's all the time. I like deh food.

RealSNR
That's the worst gay joke i've ever read.

Then it won't surprise you that I stole it from Gilbert Gottfried

Strongside
Dude have you SEEN his wife?

Best looking tranny I've ever seen.

patteeu

If you went to KU, I've got news for you. ;)

KC native
03-26-2013, 10:44 AM

A: Fill up her cunt with feces

I'm complaining because I was led to believe this would be an extremely awesome joke. It was only chuckle worthy. May the ghost of rape-mas past visit you in your sleep. BOO THIS MAN.

Dayze
03-26-2013, 10:44 AM

A: Fill up her **** with feces

LMAO

Stanley Nickels
03-26-2013, 10:45 AM
No it's not. It's 2-3%.

The actual number is difficult to discern and will likely never be completely known, due to a number of factors, not the least of which is incidence vs prevalence (eg, does having ANY homosexual contact identify one as "gay"), but regardless, your estimate is very low.

Incidence rates tend to hover around 15%-- that is, 15% of people have had same-sex encounters during some pre-defined period (usually adolescence to young-adulthood); prevlance rates range from about 5-10%.

I'm not sure if you're behind a paywall, but here's one of many PubMed articles surveying a random community about this exact situation:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9736328
The abstract says most of the important stuff; if you're interested in the criteria, you'll need to have PM access.

RealSNR
03-26-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm complaining because I was led to believe this would be an extremely awesome joke. It was only chuckle worthy. May the ghost of rape-mas past visit you in your sleep. BOO THIS MAN.
I guess I should just stick to Jovan Belcher jokes, then :(

Prison Bitch
03-26-2013, 10:49 AM
It will be interesting to see if he's given the sexual harassment training. You see, I've been given it at all four of my companies and never once asked if I wanted to participate. Simple: it's mandatory. Sure I've never harassed anyone but tat doesn't exempt me from it. And now this guy will have to undergo it as well.

We cannot assume he will be turned on, but my companies could never assume I'd e turned on by my female co-workers. Same deal.

KC native
03-26-2013, 10:49 AM

CHEER THIS MAN. HOORAY FOR KNOWING WHAT YOU ARE GOOD AT.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-26-2013, 10:50 AM
Matt Cassel

I knew it !

Reaper16
03-26-2013, 10:50 AM
Anyone who is all "who cares? I'm sick of hearing about gay issues" has very obviously never had to hide their fullest expression of themselves because of societal stigmas. There's nothing wrong with that -- you're fortunate and many people would love to trade experiences with you -- but one ought to be aware of how their own privilege informs their thinking on this issue.

teedubya
03-26-2013, 10:51 AM

LMAO... yeah, Gay players that lead with their helmet will be penile-ized.

Brock
03-26-2013, 10:51 AM
It will be interesting to see if he's given the sexual harassment training. You see, I've been given it at all four of my companies and never once asked if I wanted to participate. Simple: it's mandatory. Sure I've never harassed anyone but tat doesn't exempt me from it. And now this guy will have to undergo it as well.

We cannot assume he will be turned on, but my companies could never assume I'd e turned on by my female co-workers. Same deal.

I love how you think this is some kind of salient point. If everybody has to take the training, everybody has to take the training. Jesus Christ.

KC native
03-26-2013, 10:53 AM
Anyone who is all "who cares? I'm sick of hearing about gay issues" has very obviously never had to hide their fullest expression of themselves because of societal stigmas. There's nothing wrong with that -- you're fortunate and many people would love to trade experiences with you -- but one ought to be aware of how their own privilege informs their thinking on this issue.

Don't turn this into a serious discussion. I love these threads. They're like Jerry Springer shows.

gblowfish
03-26-2013, 10:53 AM
Honestly, I could care less if a guy is in love with a girl, a guy, or a barnyard animal. Same as I don't care if he's Baptist, Methodist, Catholic, Muslim, or in love with a barnyard animal.

WhawhaWhat
03-26-2013, 10:54 AM

Is there no sexual harassment training for NFL employees, even after the Brett Favre/Jenn Sterger stuff from a few years ago?

patteeu
03-26-2013, 10:55 AM

We still love you. You can stop overcompensating with all that death metal now. :grouphug:

j/k

Frazod
03-26-2013, 10:56 AM

My favorite is the one about the trucker who picks up the queer hitchhikers, but it wouldn't be nearly as funny in written form.

Dayze
LMAO... yeah, Gay players that lead with their helmet will be penile-ized.

BOOM! lol

Sweet Daddy Hate

lol
Posted via Mobile Device

WhawhaWhat
03-26-2013, 10:58 AM
My favorite is the one about the trucker who picks up the queer hitchhikers, but it wouldn't be nearly as funny in written form.

You prefer pictures?

Frazod
03-26-2013, 10:59 AM
You prefer pictures?

Uh, no.

TLO
03-26-2013, 11:00 AM
Would there be some kind of procedure in the showers? Or is it like supermakret sweek for those guys in there?

Dayze
03-26-2013, 11:00 AM
dicks, or GTFO / Clay

ModSocks
03-26-2013, 11:05 AM
dicks, or GTFO / Clay

LMAO

ping2000
03-26-2013, 11:16 AM
I just hope it's not a Chief or former Chief. We don't need the distraction. I miss the old days when people kept their sexual preferences to themselves. Who you are banging or like to bang does not interest me.

burt
03-26-2013, 11:17 AM
I just hope it's not a Chief or former Chief. We don't need the distraction. I miss the old days when people kept their sexual preferences to themselves. Who you are banging or like to bang does not interest me.

THIS. TIMES EVEVENTY!!

ModSocks
03-26-2013, 11:19 AM
My 2cents:

I live about 5-10minutes from the Gay Epicenter of San Diego, so i'm fairly exposed to the openly gay man, unlike the closeted ones you guys have in the midwest.

I've had openly gay friends and co-workers, and it has in fact gotten weird before. I'm pretty tolerant about most things and gays don't bother me, but sometimes the gay males don't respect your boundaries.

When they cross the line, it does get uncomfortable.

I was a teacher's assistant to an openly Gay male Teacher. He would talk about a lot of gay shit with the rest of the staff, but it wasn't a big deal, although a little uncomfortable at times. He was constantly ridiculed by the students though.

When i was living in the group home, they hired a few gay staff members for "Cultural Diversity". One of them got fired when a student asked if he was attracted to some guy on T.V. He replied, "No, i'm into guys that look like (me)". I was 16 at the time. He was fired a few days later.

I've had other instances where gay men have hit on me as well. It's extremely awkward.

My point is, I don't care if you're gay, but in MY personal experiences with openly gay men, sometimes they can be a little too proud and forget to respect the boundaries of others. If you're gay, you should still have to follow the same rules as everyone else.

KC native
03-26-2013, 11:24 AM
My 2cents:

I live about 5-10minutes from the Gay Epicenter of San Deigo, so i'm fairly exposed to the openly gay man, unlike the closeted ones you guys have in the midwest.

I've had openly gay friends and co-workers, and it has in fact gotten weird before. I'm pretty tolerant about most things and gays don't bother me, but sometimes the gay males don't respect your boundaries.

I was a teacher's assistant to an openly Gay male Teacher. He would talk about a lot of gay shit with the rest of the staff, but it wasn't a big deal, although a little uncomfortable at times. He was constantly ridiculed by the students though.

When i was living in the group home, they hired a few gay staff members for "Cultural Diversity". One of them got fired when a student asked if he was attracted to some guy on T.V. He replied, "No, i'm into guys that look like (me)". I was 16 at the time. He was fired a few days later.

I've had other instances where gay men have hit on me as well. It's extremely awkward.

My point is, I don't care if you're gay, but in MY personal experiences with openly gay men, sometimes they can be a little too proud and forget to respect the boundaries of others. If you're gay, you should still have to follow the same rules as everyone else.

Well, maybe they wouldn't have hit on you if you A) weren't dressed like a whore and B) wiped the dried semen off your face before you talked woth them.

loochy
03-26-2013, 11:25 AM
If you're gay, you should still have to follow the same rules as everyone else.

Uhm that's discrimination, right?

loochy
03-26-2013, 11:26 AM

Nope. They'll announce it through public media and you'll like it.

Reaper16
03-26-2013, 11:29 AM
My 2cents:

I live about 5-10minutes from the Gay Epicenter of San Diego, so i'm fairly exposed to the openly gay man, unlike the closeted ones you guys have in the midwest.

As if straight men don't have boundary issues. Congrats, Detoxing, you know know a little bit of what its like to be a woman walking down the street.

loochy
03-26-2013, 11:30 AM
Congrats, Detoxing, you know know a little bit of what its like to be an attractive woman walking down the street.

fyp

Reaper16
03-26-2013, 11:30 AM
fyp

Hey, its hard times out here for a catcalling construction worker.

Dave Lane
03-26-2013, 11:31 AM
So you are saying they are men? Ask any woman and they will give your story as a quote over and over.

My 2cents:

loochy
03-26-2013, 11:32 AM
Hey, its hard times out here for a catcalling construction worker.

i guess you could use the ugly ones for harassment practice

KC native
03-26-2013, 11:33 AM
i guess you could use the ugly ones for harassment practice

Not everyone can bag a 10. And if you can't get a 10, you can at least fuck 5 2s.

tooge
03-26-2013, 11:34 AM

Duh, your company thinks you are gay.

patteeu
03-26-2013, 11:34 AM

People didn't ever keep their sexual preference to themselves. Gay people did, but the rest of us have been sharing our preferences to one degree or another forever. So why shouldn't gay people be able to do the same?

BlackHelicopters
03-26-2013, 11:37 AM
Sodomy

Dayze
03-26-2013, 11:37 AM
my deal is...if you're ugly enough where chicks don't give you the time of day; if you're gay, it's likely that dudes won't find you attractive either.

and even if they do, they're not going to prison rape you in the bathroom of McDonalds.

patteeu
03-26-2013, 11:38 AM
My 2cents:

Do you think straight men disrespect boundaries with women sometimes?

WhawhaWhat
03-26-2013, 11:38 AM
People didn't ever keep their sexual preference to themselves. Gay people did, but the rest of us have been sharing our preferences to one degree or another forever. So why shouldn't gay people be able to do the same?

+1

listopencil
03-26-2013, 11:39 AM

Is that some kind of code? What the hell kind of sick, perverted crap are you into? Jesus Fucking Christ.

Dayze
03-26-2013, 11:39 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/4111660/ass-you-a-few-questions-o.gif (http://gifsoup.com/view/4111660/ass-you-a-few-questions.html) GIFSoup (http://gifsoup.com)

ModSocks
03-26-2013, 11:48 AM
As if straight men don't have boundary issues. Congrats, Detoxing, you know know a little bit of what its like to be a woman walking down the street.

So you are saying they are men? Ask any woman and they will give your story as a quote over and over.

Straight men do it. Gay men do it.

Doesn't change the fact that they SHOULDN'T do it.

That's all im saying. Like i said, if i have to work with you and you're gay, i don't care. I don't care how gay you are. Just respect my boundaries.

patteeu
03-26-2013, 11:50 AM
Straight men do it. Gay men do it.

Doesn't change the fact that they SHOULDN'T do it.

That's all im saying. Like i said, if i have to work with you and you're gay, i don't care. I don't care how gay you are. Just respect my boundaries.

Sure, but it's not a characteristic specific to gays.

tooge
03-26-2013, 11:55 AM
BTW, the thread title is wrong. If the player were openly gay, he wouldn't have to come out soon.

ndws
03-26-2013, 12:00 PM

who cares

BlackHelicopters
03-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Define "openly gay"

Sorter
03-26-2013, 12:10 PM
I do not care whether a player is gay or straight.

I care if he is productive and a quality teammate.

Brock
who cares

The people posting in this thread.

Imon Yourside
Define "openly gay"

Flaming? No we're not but we're willing to learn. LMAO

ptlyon
03-26-2013, 12:14 PM
Define "openly gay"

One who pushes back

Otter
03-26-2013, 12:15 PM
I have an announcement to make.... (standing up on my soap box)

"I'm straight. Thank you."

What's the relevancy here? We all care the same about my announcement as to a NFL player being gay.

Seriously who cares? My reaction would be "Okay. That's fine. Why are you telling me this?"

Show me a gay dude willing to shut the fuck up without telling the world he sucks dick and throwing a parade and l'll be impressed.

gblowfish
03-26-2013, 12:17 PM
Fred Phelps disapproves of this thread...

gblowfish
03-26-2013, 12:19 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/166bvh4.gif

Brock
03-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Show me a gay dude willing to shut the fuck up without telling the world he sucks dick and throwing a parade and l'll be impressed.

I could show you several, but you'd still be a moron.

Marcellus
03-26-2013, 12:24 PM

I think you guys are swinging and missing on what Detox is trying to say.

I was in the military with a a guy who we all assumed was gay, he couldn't be open about it because at the time it was an exit out, but we were fairly sure he was gay.This was an infantry unit mind you. The guy didn't have any issues because he knew better than to mess with anyone or push the issue. Even though we knew he was gay, he was not ostracized or anything. The guy was an E-6 so it didn't appear he was being held back in any way either.

I have also worked with openly gay people in the civilian workplace where a few specific gay people would go out of their way to make you uncomfortable with it on purpose. Push things to see how far they could get away with it because if anything was said they cried discrimination.

I think whether gay or straight, there are boundaries at work. End of story.

And yea the boundaries may not be the exact same for gay and strait people because boundaries are determined by what is deemed offensive and that is also up to the person involved. Just like any other sexual or workplace harassment issue.

You always need to know your environment and your audience.

That is called life.

My sister is a fairly outspoken lesbian, we have had some very interesting discussions on these types of things.

Spott
03-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Whoever it is, I hope he plays for the Packers.

ptlyon
03-26-2013, 12:29 PM
Pics Marcellus!

ModSocks
03-26-2013, 12:29 PM
And yea the boundaries may not be the exact same for gay and strait people because boundaries are determined by what is deemed offensive and that is also up to the person involved. Just like any other sexual or workplace harassment issue.

Truth.

patteeu
03-26-2013, 12:34 PM
I think you guys are swinging and missing on what Detox is trying to say.

I was in the military with a a guy who we all assumed was gay, he couldn't be open about it because at the time it was an exit out, but we were fairly sure he was gay.This was an infantry unit mind you. The guy didn't have any issues because he knew better than to mess with anyone or push the issue. Even though we knew he was gay, he was not ostracized or anything. The guy was an E-6 so it didn't appear he was being held back in any way either.

I have also worked with openly gay people in the civilian workplace where a few specific gay people would go out of their way to make you uncomfortable with it on purpose. Push things to see how far they could get away with it because if anything was said they cried discrimination.

I think whether gay or straight, there are boundaries at work. End of story.

You always need to know your environment and your audience.

That is called life.

My sister is a fairly outspoken lesbian, we have had some very interesting discussions on these types of things.

And you don't think this happens between some men and the women they're around?

Imon Yourside
03-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Show me a gay dude willing to shut the **** up without telling the world he sucks dick and throwing a parade and l'll be impressed.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3mG-T9ocF_U?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Canofbier
03-26-2013, 12:54 PM
Show me a gay dude willing to shut the **** up without telling the world he sucks dick and throwing a parade and l'll be impressed.

I'll bet you already interact with those people on a regular basis, and you just don't know that they're gay. Believe it or not, most gays aren't parading around in rainbow capes, lisping at people indignantly.

seaofred
03-26-2013, 12:55 PM
And you don't think this happens between some men and the women they're around?

I don't think anyone is saying, it doesn't happen between men and women. In fact, I'm pretty sure they are saying it ALSO happens between men and men.

bowener
03-26-2013, 12:55 PM

Are you fucking serious or just a dumbass?

If you're going to follow along the lines of ridiculous stereotypes, then I will to. From your post it is easy to see that you are actually a closeted gay man that is angry at other gay men for having the balls and pride to come out to the world and their family and friends. You just hide pouting and full of self indignation. Grow up.

Dayze
03-26-2013, 12:58 PM
Whoever it is, I hope he plays for the Packers.

LMAO

this thread has some gold moments.

patteeu
03-26-2013, 01:00 PM
I don't think anyone is saying, it doesn't happen between men and women. In fact, I'm pretty sure they are saying it ALSO happens between men and men.

Then what's the point of bringing it up in this thread? It's not a characteristic related to being gay.

Prison Bitch
03-26-2013, 01:20 PM
I want him paraded around NYC with Goodell, to discuss how to work with other males without harrassing them. I want Gloria Allred at a presser, talking about how "concerned" she is with potential sexual harassment in the workplace. And of course, I want him role-playing harassment situations with a licensed & trained "diversity trainer" who will show him the way to interact appropriately with others.

My wish, for you, is that the diversity training turns into all you wanted to. (Of course, the NFL will do the exact opposite and put the other 1500 players into THEIR OWN diversity training)

ChiefsCountry
03-26-2013, 01:23 PM
No smear the queer jokes?

loochy
03-26-2013, 01:24 PM

no because soon tackling will not be allowed in the NFL

Dayze
03-26-2013, 01:32 PM
no because soon tackling will not be allowed in the NFL

take the flag from the Fag.

Stanley Nickels
03-26-2013, 01:32 PM

Literally millions of gay men and women do this on a daily basis.

Rain Man
03-26-2013, 01:37 PM

We played that in elementary school before gay people existed and it was quite fun. I hope that children today are still allowed to play it, and that people know that 'queer' is not a sexuality term in this context, but rather an innocent term that means "someone different than you so it's okay to gang up and pile on them".

seaofred
03-26-2013, 01:40 PM
Then what's the point of bringing it up in this thread? It's not a characteristic related to being gay.

I think people are curious to see if gay men will be held to the same standards as straight men.

Rain Man
03-26-2013, 01:43 PM
I wonder how this announcement will change the nature of groupies.

patteeu
03-26-2013, 01:54 PM
I think people are curious to see if gay men will be held to the same standards as straight men.

Held by whom? If a guy is a lout, he's a lout, whether he's a lout because of the way he goes overboard with women or because of the way he goes overboard with men.

tooge
03-26-2013, 02:07 PM
So Shawn Smith can grab guys by the nuts and he's a dirty player. Some gay guy tries that and he's coming on to you?

Saul Good
03-26-2013, 02:39 PM

You have a point. Your pledge-year elephant walks would have been a lot less comfortable if you knew the dong you were holding was attached to a queer.

Brock
03-26-2013, 03:43 PM
You have a point. Your pledge-year elephant walks would have been a lot less comfortable if you knew the dong you were holding was attached to a queer.

LMAO

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-26-2013, 05:37 PM
I'll bet you already interact with those people on a regular basis, and you just don't know that they're gay. Believe it or not, most gays aren't parading around in rainbow capes, lisping at people indignantly.

The chances of working with or knowing 1 o 2 people. That are married and switch sides a few times a year. With out you being stunned about finding out. Are about 95%.

Chiefshrink
03-26-2013, 09:10 PM

:clap::clap::clap:

scho63
04-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Kerry Rhodes outed? Sure looks like it.

----------------------------

Though he denied being “gay” a few days ago, former Arizona Cardinals baller Kerry Rhodes has remained silent as his alleged ex-lover Russell “Hollywood” Simpson has exposed intimate details of their alleged–yet photographed with some suspicious proof–relationship.

Read Kerry’s denial and listen peep the controversial interview with the “scorned” ex-boyfriend inside….

http://freddyo.com/shockng-news-kerry-rhodes-the-first-gay-nfl-player/celebrity-gossip/#.UXICkLWqC2F

http://www.queerty.com/scorned-ex-lover-reveals-kerry-rhodes-is-totally-gay-totally-a-top-20130419/

Buck
04-19-2013, 09:31 PM

Though he denied being “gay” a few days ago, former Arizona Cardinals baller Kerry Rhodes has remained silent as his alleged ex-lover Russell “Hollywood” Simpson has exposed intimate details of their alleged–yet photographed with some suspicious proof–relationship.

Read Kerry’s denial and listen peep the controversial interview with the “scorned” ex-boyfriend inside….

http://freddyo.com/shockng-news-kerry-rhodes-the-first-gay-nfl-player/celebrity-gossip/#.UXICkLWqC2F

http://www.queerty.com/scorned-ex-lover-reveals-kerry-rhodes-is-totally-gay-totally-a-top-20130419/

He looks so happy in those pictures. If it turns out he really is gay, it's a shame that he can't publicly admit to something that makes him so happy.

Carlota69
04-19-2013, 09:32 PM

Yeah, it looks a little bit more than just hanging out with your business people. Just a little bit....:spock:

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
04-19-2013, 09:38 PM
Probably wont get a contract now. Sucks

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-19-2013, 09:51 PM
Murderer? We're cool. Gay? GTFO w/ that shit.

Disgraceful.

MotherfuckerJones
04-19-2013, 09:51 PM
Meh, you're gay. That's fine. Just don't distract my fucking team.

Prison Bitch
04-19-2013, 10:19 PM
When is someone goin to rip off Griners shorts during a game and check him for a pair?

MotherfuckerJones
04-19-2013, 10:20 PM
:Lin:When is someone goin to rip off Griners shorts during a game and check him for a pair?

Ace Ventura style! Finkle is Einhorn, Einhorn is Finkle:Lin:

Wildcat2005
04-19-2013, 10:24 PM
oh kerry you silly goose

this could hurt his ability to sign on with another team though

ModSocks
04-19-2013, 10:26 PM
That's unfortunate. The guy shouldn't be outed like that if he wasn't ready.

bowener
04-19-2013, 10:30 PM
That's unfortunate. The guy shouldn't be outed like that if he wasn't ready.

This.

lewdog
04-19-2013, 10:40 PM
I wish Alex Smith was gay and a really good QB that could chuck the ball 40-50 yards downfield.

Instead he is straight and sucks ass at being a QB. Oh well, at least he isn't a faggot???

MotherfuckerJones
04-19-2013, 10:46 PM
I wish Alex Smith was gay and a really good QB that could chuck the ball 40-50 yards downfield.

Instead he is straight and sucks ass at being a QB. Oh well, at least he isn't a pillowbitergot???

Ya what would you rather have, Dan Marino and no Super Bowl wins or Alex Smith the cock gobbler, and a Super Bowl win?

lewdog
04-19-2013, 10:51 PM
So Shawn Smith can grab guys by the nuts and he's a dirty player. Some gay guy tries that and he's coming on to you?

Ya what would you rather have, Dan Marino and no Super Bowl wins or Alex Smith the cock gobbler, and a Super Bowl win?

In that scenario...

Cock Gobbler, every day...day in and day out...100/100 times.

MotherfuckerJones
04-19-2013, 10:52 PM
In that scenario...

Cock Gobbler, every day...day in and day out...100/100 times.

Exactly. Just leave Charles' cock alone on gameday :)

a pp roach
04-19-2013, 10:54 PM
frisco, miami....any takers?

i kid.

CoMoChief
04-19-2013, 11:15 PM
Awww...isn't this cuuuute?

Kerry Rhodes and his lil boy toy sharing a little pineapple drink.

http://cdn.wwtdd.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Hollywood-and-Kerry-Rhodes-Sharing-a-Fruity-Drink.jpg

Chiefs Pantalones
04-19-2013, 11:17 PM
How is this gonna happen? Is the player gonna score a TD and lift up his jersey and we'll see a rainbow gay pride shirt that says what what in the butt.

MotherfuckerJones
04-19-2013, 11:17 PM
And there's 2 straws ROFL

kcxiv
04-20-2013, 12:17 AM
And there's 2 straws ROFL

ya, but he says he's not gay. Sorry im a 36 year old male and i have never in my adult life shared a drink like that with ANY MALE EVER!!!!!!!!!!! lol It wont ever ever ****ing happen. lol

I know he wants to keep it under wrap, but that sucka just got outed lol Just go with it now. Maybe he likes Vag too, but damn. I dont think anyone believes he wasnt hitting it lol

MotherfuckerJones
04-20-2013, 03:52 AM
ya, but he says he's not gay. Sorry im a 36 year old male and i have never in my adult life shared a drink like that with ANY MALE EVER!!!!!!!!!!! lol It wont ever ever ****ing happen. lol

I know he wants to keep it under wrap, but that sucka just got outed lol Just go with it now. Maybe he likes Vag too, but damn. I dont think anyone believes he wasnt hitting it lol

Or getting hit ROFL

Chief Roundup
04-20-2013, 07:21 AM
Fucking Gross. Nature selects those types of genes for extinction.

J Diddy
04-20-2013, 08:12 AM
Personally, could care less about whether a player is gay or not. I don't watch football players for their sexual orientation.

patteeu
04-20-2013, 08:30 AM
****ing Gross. Nature selects those types of genes for extinction.

That doesn't seem to be true in reality.

lewdog
04-20-2013, 08:36 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What is the easiest way to spot someone with a sub 70 IQ or a religious zealot?

Please see quoted statement.

Aries Walker
04-20-2013, 08:42 AM
To be fair, they're not mutually exclusive. He could easily be a religious zealot with a sub-70 IQ.

lewdog
04-20-2013, 08:52 AM
To be fair, they're not mutually exclusive. He could easily be a religious zealot with a sub-70 IQ.

ROFL

Haha! I should rephrase, and/or.

SPATCH
04-20-2013, 09:09 AM
I ****ing love being a Chiefs fan. So god damn proud of being a Chiefs.

BUT, I fear that Arrowhead will wind up being one of the worst offenders when it comes to gay slurs being shouted from the crowd; which is extremely disappointing.

Mr. Laz
04-20-2013, 09:15 AM
He looks so happy in those pictures. If it turns out he really is gay, it's a shame that he can't publicly admit to something that makes him so happy.
read this thread and you'll see several 'shames'

Terribilis
04-20-2013, 11:10 AM
Why can't people just put doors on showers?

Dante84
04-20-2013, 11:18 AM

BUT, I fear that Arrowhead will wind up being one of the worst offenders when it comes to gay slurs being shouted from the crowd; which is extremely disappointing.

I know man. Makes me sad.

I can already see the articles "Most homophobic stadium/fanbase"

We are going to be like the crowds who talked shit to Jackie Robinson.

Chiefspants
04-20-2013, 11:18 AM

:(

patteeu
04-20-2013, 11:21 AM

Why? Surely you're not stereotyping mid-westerners as more bigoted than big city folk.

WhiteWhale
04-20-2013, 11:42 AM

Okay.. pet peeve... gay is NOT the new black and no gay player is like Jackie Robinson. The comparison is and always will be asinine imo.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
04-20-2013, 12:26 PM
Males are going to get their nuts off. Be it by hand, vagina, male butt, lap dances, goats, erotic dreams, half rotten pumpkins.... It is going to happen. Some we just don't want to know about.

Rausch
04-20-2013, 12:30 PM
DO NOT GIVE A $#IT!.

At all.

In fact If me and the wife ever split again I'd prefer to shack up with a lesbian...

bowener
04-20-2013, 12:56 PM

Yet all biological evidence says otherwise...

Genetics>your dumbass

Brock
04-20-2013, 01:16 PM

Flunked biology I see.

Captain Obvious
04-20-2013, 01:22 PM

Doubtful. Most of the morons who post that crap on this site wouldn't do it if they weren't hidden behind the screen.

bevischief
04-20-2013, 01:26 PM
DO NOT GIVE A $#IT!.

At all.

In fact If me and the wife ever split again I'd prefer to shack up with a lesbian...

I agree.

ThaVirus
04-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Okay.. pet peeve... gay is NOT the new black and no gay player is like Jackie Robinson. The comparison is and always will be asinine imo.

I don't see why not. Both groups were persecuted simply for being what they are.

I think in 40 years we'll look back on the situation with gays much the same way we do blacks now.

Bugeater
04-20-2013, 03:05 PM
Why? Surely you're not stereotyping mid-westerners as more bigoted than big city folk.
I'd like to know what they are basing those opinions on as well. I find it hard to believe we'd be worse than Jets, Eagles or Raider fans FFS.