PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Vince Young's Pro Day - Maybe Going To Oakland?

houstonwhodat
03-27-2013, 10:41 AM
So CBS is reporting on Vince Young's recent Pro Day saying that there is some NFL interest.

Some teams need a backup QB but there is talk that he may go to Oakland if they don't bring Palmer back.

This guy seems like a head case and I think any team that wants to sign him must be off their meds.

I'm not sure of his mental state.

Would you bring this guy in for a look?

What is VY's record against the Chiefs?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21953509/vince-young-says-he-did-ok-at-texas-pro-day-has-some-nfl-interest

InChiefsHeaven
03-27-2013, 10:44 AM
Nope. Thanks anyway.

KC_Lee
03-27-2013, 10:45 AM
Pass.

BlackHelicopters
03-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Great news. Can someone read Vince's plane ticket for him so he will get on the right plane?

Mr. Laz
03-27-2013, 10:53 AM
Vince Young and Terelle Pryor

wow

houstonwhodat
03-27-2013, 10:56 AM
Vince Young and Terelle Pryor

wow

Championship! hahaha

cabletech94
03-27-2013, 11:03 AM
here's a serious question.

how the hell can vince young have a(nother) pro day?

did he go back to college and play for 3-4 years and declare for teh draft?

wth is going on here?!

Deberg_1990
03-27-2013, 11:07 AM
here's a serious question.

how the hell can vince young have a(nother) pro day?

did he go back to college and play for 3-4 years and declare for teh draft?

wth is going on here?!

Mac Brown threw him a bone and invited him there. The talk down here was that there really isnt much interest in Young from Pro Teams and that Mac Brown will throw him some sort of job at UT because he owes him alot.

FishingRod
03-27-2013, 11:08 AM
Like him or hate him how did the chiefs not invite him in for a look last year? He may have a $00.10 head but one has to admit he had more talent than what we were working with last year

cabletech94
03-27-2013, 11:09 AM
Mac Brown threw him a bone and invited him there. The talk down here was that there really isnt much interest in Young from Pro Teams and that Mac Brown will throw him some sort of job at UT because he owes him alot.

thank you. i just couldn't understand why i was hearing v. young and pro day in the same sentence.

i'm not that smart anymore.

InChiefsHeaven
03-27-2013, 11:15 AM
Like him or hate him how did the chiefs not invite him in for a look last year? He may have a $00.10 head but one has to admit he had more talent than what we were working with last year

Setting the bar that low doesn't really make any kind of a case for him...

houstonwhodat
03-27-2013, 11:15 AM

What does Mac Brown owe him?

Deberg_1990
03-27-2013, 11:17 AM
What does Mac Brown owe him?

Would he have won a National Championship without him?

Chris Meck
03-27-2013, 11:18 AM

because no matter what all the draftniks think, that's NOT WHAT PLAYING QB IN THE NFL IS ALL ABOUT.

The tallest, strongest armed, fleetest afoot are NEVER the best QB's. You still must quickly read a defense and deliver the ball ACCURATELY TO THE OPEN RECEIVER. Nothing else really matters. Brady's a shit athlete, but he's THE BEST AT THIS.

Consistent1
03-27-2013, 11:21 AM

He was amazing then, admit it.

Deberg_1990
03-27-2013, 11:26 AM
There are some that believe he may get a shot again because of the spread offense becoming so popular.

But honestly, his ship has sailed.....hes had plenty of chances now.

loochy
03-27-2013, 11:30 AM
You still must quickly read a defense and deliver the ball ACCURATELY TO THE OPEN RECEIVER. Nothing else really matters.

This sounds like matt cassel

Bowser
03-27-2013, 11:32 AM
Not even a little bit.

Chris Meck
03-27-2013, 11:37 AM
This sounds like matt cassel

Um, no actually, it sounds like the opposite of Matt Cassel. Thanks for playing.

loochy
03-27-2013, 11:40 AM
Um, no actually, it sounds like the opposite of Matt Cassel. Thanks for playing.

OH REALLY? I THOUGHT MATT CASSEL WAS A PRO BOWLER

...yeah, but he wasn't that strong or fleet of foot either

...so...eh...what did he bring to the table and why would it have been so bad to look at vince last year?

Rausch
03-27-2013, 11:43 AM
...what did he bring to the table and why would it have been so bad to look at vince last year?

For the same reason Quinn wasn't an answer to Ca$$hole...

houstonwhodat
03-27-2013, 11:44 AM

Don't really know, don't follow college ball that much.

But I did watch that game.

VY seems like the typical running quarterback.

That's how he won the championship game, running not passing.

But I don't see why Mac Brown "owes" him.

Maybe VY owes Mac Brown for letting him play QB.

???

loochy
03-27-2013, 11:45 AM
For the same reason Quinn wasn't an answer to Ca$$hole...

nah, it's for a different reason