PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Luke Joeckel is "Perfect"

B14ckmon
03-27-2013, 03:20 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Scout-Talk-2726.html

Joeckel is a pretty complete physical package. And he is a finished product. Joeckel should be able to step into an NFL starting lineup immediately and remain there for ten years. “His angles are so good,” one AFC general manager said. “Everything is perfect with him. He’s technically smooth. He’s incredibly instinctive, and sometimes that passes people by.”

KCDC
03-27-2013, 03:21 PM
Same AFC GM that is trying to tell us we should draft an LT so he can get Geno. Probably the Jags GM now that I think about it.

Hammock Parties
03-27-2013, 03:21 PM
complete as in, less than ideal strength? LMAO

Ming the Merciless
03-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Just like your vagina.

Soft & meaty. And has the Nick name "beef curtains"

FlaChief58
03-27-2013, 03:30 PM

Your jedi mind tricks don't work on me

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OPcod8IS214" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hog's Gone Fishin

Yor mom was perfect also. She takes the best angles.

alpha_omega
That link says that Fisher is the better overall package...i don't see that in your post B14ckmon???????

B14ckmon
03-27-2013, 03:33 PM
That link says that Fisher is the better overall package...i don't see that in your post B14ckmon???????

I linked the entire article sweet heart.

Canofbier
03-27-2013, 03:35 PM
I linked the entire article sweet heart.

GTFO.

RealSNR
03-27-2013, 03:36 PM
You know who took great angles? Herb Taylor.

Sassy Squatch
03-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Silly troll is getting a bit stale now.

Ace Gunner
03-27-2013, 03:40 PM
You know who took great angles? Herb Taylor.

this is a bad angle :D

RealSNR
03-27-2013, 03:41 PM
Angles aren't going to do you any good when JJ Watt simply pushes him to the side, says "Excuse me," and then sacks your QB before Joeckel can even get his pudgy little hands on the jersey

Nickel D
03-27-2013, 03:45 PM
Yor mom was perfect also. She takes the best angles.

...and step into an NFL starting lineup and remain there for ten years.

RealSNR
03-27-2013, 03:49 PM
...and step into an NFL starting lineup and remain there for ten years.

She's not so great in space

B14ckmon
03-27-2013, 03:49 PM
Silly troll is getting a bit stale now.

Posting news articles about the guy your team is obviously drafting, isn't trolling.

Sassy Squatch
03-27-2013, 03:51 PM
Posting news articles about the guy your team is obviously drafting, isn't trolling.
Try harder. Its lime nomming on a bag of chips that's been open for 3 weeks.

Rain Man
03-27-2013, 03:52 PM
If he was perfect he would play quarterback.

Messier
03-27-2013, 03:56 PM

Are you excited about Flynn?

B14ckmon
03-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Are you excited about Flynn?

We aren't getting Flynn so I have no opinion about him.

Messier
03-27-2013, 04:03 PM
We aren't getting Flynn so I have no opinion about him.

How do you figure? The Jags are one of three teams looking at him. Why do you think there's no chance? I think there's a good chance.

Messier
03-27-2013, 04:05 PM
What would you give for him? A 3rd?

B14ckmon
03-27-2013, 04:06 PM
How do you figure? The Jags are one of three teams looking at him. Why do you think there's no chance? I think there's a good chance.

No, the Jaguars were one of three teams in a report put out by a reporter claiming that they were looking at him.

I don't believe that at all. Positive it was his agent that put that report out because he saw the Browns signing Cambell.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
03-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Angles aren't going to do you any good when JJ Watt simply pushes him to the side, says "Excuse me," and then sacks your QB before Joeckel can even get his pudgy little hands on the jersey

The bullrush knock is funny. He never had a TE line up next to him and he played in a two point stance. Of course he was going to give up a little leverage at times, but he sealed the edge perfectly in one-on-one situations. He's not going to play in that system. He will thrive at the next level. He's not going to get overpowered.

RealSNR
03-27-2013, 04:07 PM
After the Chiefs trade away their pick to a team who wants Geno, I sure wouldn't want to be in the Jags' position. It makes sense for them to bring in a veteran QB like Flynn to bring stability to the position. Accompany him with Joeckel, and the Jaguars will be on the right track.

B14ckmon
03-27-2013, 04:09 PM
After the Chiefs trade away their pick to a team who wants Geno, I sure wouldn't want to be in the Jags' position. It makes sense for them to bring in a veteran QB like Flynn to bring stability to the position. Accompany him with Joeckel, and the Jaguars will be on the right track.

Not sure what you mean. The likely pick of the Jaguars is Dion Jordan.

Messier
03-27-2013, 04:13 PM
No, the Jaguars were one of three teams in a report put out by a reporter claiming that they were looking at him.

I don't believe that at all. Positive it was his agent that put that report out because he saw the Browns signing Cambell.

You're positive? You know this for a fact?

You sound like you don't want it to be true. Why would Flynn's agent have to put anything out there? Flynn isn't a FA.

B14ckmon
03-27-2013, 04:16 PM

You sound like you don't want it to be true. Why would Flynn's agent have to put anything out there? Flynn isn't a FA.

Because he wants a starting job, obviously. And I guarantee you it won't happen. Feel free to bookmark this to prove me wrong. I'm not going anywhere.

I was also told by this forum that the Chiefs weren't getting Alex Smith and I made a bet that I would leave forever if he wasn't a chief by draft day :)

BlackHelicopters
03-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Who is this Joeckel everyone speaks about?

B14ckmon
03-27-2013, 04:20 PM
Who is this Joeckel everyone speaks about?

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/64/641568.jpg

Sassy Squatch
03-27-2013, 04:23 PM
Because he wants a starting job, obviously. And I guarantee you it won't happen. Feel free to bookmark this to prove me wrong. I'm not going anywhere.

I was also told by this forum that the Chiefs weren't getting Alex Smith and I made a bet that I would leave forever if he wasn't a chief by draft day :)
S T A L E stale stale stale.

Messier
03-27-2013, 04:24 PM

I don't care that you saw Smith coming. But congrats.

Who's the starter for Jax this year?

Sassy Squatch
03-27-2013, 04:24 PM

QB competition between Flynn and Gabbert.

B14ckmon
03-27-2013, 04:25 PM

If we draft a QB early, them, otherwise Gabbert.

We are in year 1 of a 2-3 year rebuild. It really doesn't matter who is the QB next year. It just effects whether or not we have to draft one next year.

jspchief
03-27-2013, 04:28 PM
"remain there for ten years"

Wait. Why would he do that? I thought you were supposed to trade away your starting left tackle after his rookie contract.

/Chiefs

Messier
03-27-2013, 04:30 PM
If we draft a QB early, them, otherwise Gabbert.

We are in year 1 of a 2-3 year rebuild. It really doesn't matter who is the QB next year. It just effects whether or not we have to draft one next year.

There's no such thing as a rebuild. Not in football anyway.

B14ckmon
03-27-2013, 04:34 PM
There's no such thing as a rebuild. Not in football anyway.

Cutting a dozen players and only resigning like 2 of 10 FAs, and not using your franchise tag, sounds like a rebuild to me.

penbrook
03-27-2013, 04:36 PM
Cutting a dozen players and only resigning like 2 of 10 FAs, and not using your franchise tag, sounds like a rebuild to me.

Jaguars will never be on top.

However the Chiefs will be. Chiefs are going for the Jugular this year.

Messier
03-27-2013, 04:38 PM

Sounds like a recipe for sucking. Or a team that was way over the cap.

B14ckmon
03-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Sounds like a recipe for sucking. Or a team that was way over the cap.

Of course we are going to suck. We are rebuilding. That's the plan.

Trying to maintain over paid old contracts is what makes a franchise suck consistently for 3 decades.

Messier
03-27-2013, 04:45 PM
Believe me, as a Chiefs fan, I'm well versed in the cry of FO trying to stall a fan base. Just give us a few years, then we'll be good. No, you should try to be good, this year, and every year. The way the NFL is set up, there's no excuse for not trying to build a winning team every year.

keg in kc
Perfect at being ordinary.

Direckshun
He's not the complete package, not yet.

I imagine that in something like three years, he'll be one of the NFL's best.

Until then, he's still lacking push in the run game and needs to get stronger.

kcchiefsus
03-27-2013, 04:54 PM
Joe Thomas is perfect, how has that worked out for Cleveland?

Sully
03-27-2013, 04:55 PM

Because his agent wants to drive up his trade value, so that whichever team trades for him makes themselves even weaker, obviously.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Just a thought:

Scouts will always pimp OL prospects above their actual value because their busts aren't nearly as notable. Guys like Gallery, Leonard Davis, and Levi Brown end up as moderately effective guards or strong side tackles.

Perhaps, because a tackle busting doesn't really hurt a franchise that much, it also doesn't cost a scout that much in public opinion, but if he makes it the evaluator can then say, "Look, I hit on that guy".

In short, this is a Freakonomics way of saying that football scouts may overrate positions of perceived safety above their actual levels of safety and impact because it allows the scouts to stay in their current positions or get promotions longer and faster than their actual evaluation level would suggest.

RunKC
03-27-2013, 05:08 PM
I love how retards on this board think that Joeckel isn't very strong and Fisher is this strong manbeast.

They did the same number of reps on the bench press at the combine, retards.

Tribal Warfare
03-27-2013, 05:13 PM
I love how retards on this board think that Joeckel isn't very strong and Fisher is this strong manbeast.

They did the same number of reps on the bench press at the combine, retards.

their's more to strength than bench press, which is functional strength which includes the lower body and leg drive.

penbrook
03-27-2013, 05:14 PM
Geno to visit KC April 1&2. Yep for two days.

Rapaport on NFL Network saying Chiefs are actually considering drafting Geno #1.

Brought up that Dorsey comes from the Packers and yep look at the Rodgers Favre situation.

Ace Gunner
03-27-2013, 05:15 PM
wul duh :D

Ace Gunner
03-27-2013, 05:23 PM
"Joeckel is a pretty complete physical package. And he is a finished product. Joeckel should be able to step into an NFL starting lineup immediately and remain there for ten years. “His angles are so good,” one AFC general manager said. “Everything is perfect with him. He’s technically smooth. He’s incredibly instinctive, and sometimes that passes people by.”

re the OP I agree Joeckel is a polished LT for sure, but he's not what I'd consider an elite player. None of this year's draftees are elite. they all have warts. there aren't any wow type athletes this time either.

Simply Red
03-27-2013, 05:30 PM
The Chiefs are going to take this guy - this place will melt down, I even think a few of your PC's will actually melt away into nothing, that night.

B14ckmon
03-27-2013, 05:33 PM
The Chiefs are going to take this guy - this place will melt down, I even think a few of your PC's will actually melt away into nothing, that night.

I don't even care about the rest of the draft. I just want to see the fires burn on CP after the pick.

keg in kc
03-27-2013, 05:37 PM
Just a thought:

Scouts will always pimp OL prospects above their actual value because their busts aren't nearly as notable. Guys like Gallery, Leonard Davis, and Levi Brown end up as moderately effective guards or strong side tackles.

Perhaps, because a tackle busting doesn't really hurt a franchise that much, it also doesn't cost a scout that much in public opinion, but if he makes it the evaluator can then say, "Look, I hit on that guy".

In short, this is a Freakonomics way of saying that football scouts may overrate positions of perceived safety above their actual levels of safety and impact because it allows the scouts to stay in their current positions or get promotions longer and faster than their actual evaluation level would suggest.I'm sure that's exactly how it is.

Rain Man
03-27-2013, 05:41 PM
I don't even care about the rest of the draft. I just want to see the fires burn on CP after the pick.

I plan to tip over a car, and maybe throw rocks at a police vehicle.

Simply Red
03-27-2013, 05:42 PM
when he pushes a massive block - Can we say something like - "He ain't no Joeck?"

MeatRock
03-27-2013, 05:44 PM
Complete, as in, he grades out perfectly. :D

HotCarl
03-27-2013, 05:44 PM
Joeckel != Eugene Smith, therefore he sucks

boogblaster
03-27-2013, 05:51 PM
time tells all .....

TribalElder
03-27-2013, 05:56 PM
Hope you enjoy him at number 2

KC_Lee
03-27-2013, 06:01 PM
Just a thought:

In short, this is a Freakonomics way of saying that football scouts may overrate positions of perceived safety above their actual levels of safety and impact because it allows the scouts to stay in their current positions or get promotions longer and faster than their actual evaluation level would suggest.

Quite possibly the most intelligent post on this subject ever.

MBSiMMENS
03-27-2013, 06:03 PM
I don't know what it is but that guy just doesn't impress me

Dave Lane
03-27-2013, 06:17 PM

Fuck off

B14ckmon
03-28-2013, 10:01 AM

Like I said. Don't argue with people smarter than you.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-28-2013, 10:58 AM
Cockmon's mom can step in to an NFL locker room and take multiple great angles simultaneously.
Posted via Mobile Device

Coogs
03-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Smokescreen!

DaneMcCloud
03-28-2013, 11:32 AM
Just a thought:

It's the same in many businesses, especially the music business in its heyday.

I knew A&R people making $500k a year or more that literally signed NO ONE. They were Peter Principled into their positions and inherited bands that were already successful. They never signed anyone because they would have been exposed as frauds and would have lost their cushy jobs.

I remember one dummy in particular because she wore all the "hip clothes", the "glasses", etc. and was pretty hot but completely clueless. The president told her to go to "Mississippi and sign that wunderkind guitar phenom or don't come back". So, she signed him without realizing that he didn't sing nor did he write his own music. Even still, it was years before she was fired.

I have dozens of similar stories. The bottom line is that most people don't want to stick their neck on the line for fear of losing their jobs, so they play it "safe". Of course, those people rarely have any TRUE success.