PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jamaal Charles in 5.8

Hammock Parties
04-01-2013, 02:32 PM
All other RBs in league history can suck it.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WQSJW5erC-w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Scorp
04-01-2013, 02:37 PM
This brightened my day, thank you.

MTG#10
04-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Its crazy how much better he is than Priest was.

rabblerouser
04-01-2013, 02:42 PM

Imagine what JC could've done behind that line...

Watching Trent and Priest run those screens behind the Big Willies, Tait , Weigmann and Waters was truly a thing of beauty.

suds79
04-01-2013, 02:42 PM

With not even 1/2 the line mind you. ;)

MTG#10
04-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Imagine what JC could've done behind that line...
He would probably be averaging more like 6.4.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
04-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Some idiots over on a Rockets board I visit were saying Arian Foster was better. Fuck them

Hammock Parties
04-01-2013, 02:57 PM
He would probably be averaging more like 6.4.

He did that in 2010. ;)

Sorter
04-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Charles is pretty fucking special.

Gadzooks
04-01-2013, 03:11 PM
The first 15 seconds were my favorite.:p
"Surfing with the Alien" was an interesting musical choice. "Circles" might have been better.

Hammock Parties
04-01-2013, 03:16 PM
The first 15 seconds were my favorite.:p
"Surfing with the Alien" was an interesting musical choice. "Circles" might have been better.

You're a pathetic individual with no musical taste. That's a terrible, awful, disgusting choice.

Dayze
04-01-2013, 03:22 PM
poor bastard had 3+ years of his career burned off because of Cassel and Pioli.

Good god.

Sorter
04-01-2013, 03:26 PM
poor bastard had 3+ years of his career burned off because of Cassel and *****.

Good god.

It makes me sad. Him, Bowe, Tamba, Albert, Flowers.

GordonGekko
04-01-2013, 03:27 PM
As much as I love JC and the Chiefs apparent success with UT runningbacks,

24 total td's in 5 years?

Chiefaholic
04-01-2013, 03:27 PM
As great as Priest was, he had thew luxury of a GREAT O-Line with not one but TWO HOF'ers blocking for him. Not to mention a HOF TE, Kennison, and a QB capable of keeping defenses honest. I see no reason why Charles couldn't achieve 2000 combined yards on an annual basis with that team. It's just too damned bad the defense with that core was as pathetic as they were.

BigMeatballDave
04-01-2013, 03:28 PM

Which has absolutely nothing to do with JC.

Hammock Parties
04-01-2013, 03:29 PM

RBs who score a lot of TDs do so because they play in top ranked offenses.

JC has never played in an offense ranked higher than 14th. And morons kept putting Thomas Jones in for red zone situations that year.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-01-2013, 03:31 PM
The end was slick. JC is a great kid, and an even better back. We really nailed it when we picked him.

Gadzooks
04-01-2013, 03:33 PM
You're a pathetic individual with no musical taste. That's a terrible, awful, disgusting choice.

The beginning of the song would show the gravitas of the injury and the faster part would great for regular and sped up highlights. The only tricky part would be using the ending slow part in a way to avoid implying that he's due for another knee shredding.
BTW- selecting any Joe Satriani tune from "Surfing with the Alien" shows you are a vile urchin that has spent the majority of his days, over the past ten years, in a basement masturbating to Zach from "Saved by the Bell".

Sorter
04-01-2013, 03:37 PM

Charles hasn't been utilized in the screen or passing game very well IMO (KC has been awful at screens with the exception of Orton).

Additionally, he gets a much lower number of 10 yardline/goal line carries.

TEX
04-01-2013, 03:38 PM

How many BAD HC's, QB's and OC's in 5 years? THAT's the question.

Ace Gunner
04-01-2013, 03:41 PM
:clap::clap::clap: 5.8 :clap::clap::clap:

and how about that OL? ROFL

#25 got this

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-01-2013, 03:47 PM
We've been pretty blessed at RB ever since we picked up Priest. I remember the days of Donnel Bennett and RB by committee and thought we'd just never have a decent RB. And we still can't even sniff out a playoff game.

saphojunkie
04-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Don't look now, but Baldwin had some great blocking on a ton of those runs. Actually, go look now.

suds79
04-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Don't look now, but Baldwin had some great blocking on a ton of those runs. Actually, go look now.

YES!! I knew that guy was a player.

:p

Hammock Parties
04-01-2013, 04:03 PM
The beginning of the song would show the gravitas of the injury and the faster part would great for regular and sped up highlights. The only tricky part would be using the ending slow part in a way to avoid implying that he's due for another knee shredding.
BTW- selecting any Joe Satriani tune from "Surfing with the Alien" shows you are a vile urchin that has spent the majority of his days, over the past ten years, in a basement masturbating to Zach from "Saved by the Bell".

Wrong on all counts.

saphojunkie
04-01-2013, 04:08 PM
YES!! I knew that guy was a player.

:p

At least he's good for something.

Ecto-I
04-01-2013, 04:40 PM

Bowe also made some great downfield blocks too.

Hydrae
04-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Okay, I am ready for the season now!

The Poz
04-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Priest was masterful at being patient and hitting the right hole. He certainly didn't have the speed but he made up for it with his intelligence and instinct.

Baby Lee
04-01-2013, 05:36 PM
What I like most is, despite being slight of size, and running a very instinctual style, he'll still throw a heck of a shoulder into a brother when the time comes. Doesn't leave a single inch of progress on the plate, tiptoeing sidelines, great angles, stretches, lunges, big hits, if there's progress to be couped, he's your huckleberry.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-01-2013, 05:42 PM
We have posters at CP that could catch him from behind

Hammock Parties
04-01-2013, 05:43 PM
We have posters at CP that could catch him from behind

Bo Jackson posts here?

Easy 6
04-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Forget what JC could've done behind roaf and shields... what are they going to do for him now?

I for one, simply cannot wait to see him fully utilized in the pass game... ease off those hard LOS miles and get the ball to him in space with a good half second to make a move, JIMP.

Even then, we dont have his full capabilities for much longer... Reid needs to make SURE this guy is a major focal point for the next two years, he's got all of the heart and talent in the world, like a Steve Smith at running back.

My favorite Chief since Joe Delaney, no question... and i've had a lot of favorite Chiefs.

Special.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Bo Jackson posts here?

They can catch Bo too :evil:

Pasta Little Brioni
04-01-2013, 05:48 PM
How do you average 5.8 when everyone on the D knows you are getting the ball and the team can't pass? By having the biggest, chocolatiest penis in the AFC that's how.

Hammock Parties
04-01-2013, 05:51 PM
Here's what piques my interest: Charles average going UP next season.

In a pass-first offense that might actually happen.

4-5 years like that and he's going to be in GOAT conversations.

Gadzooks
04-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Brian Westbrook

Pasta Little Brioni
04-01-2013, 05:55 PM
Brian Westbrook

I loved Westy, but puhlease don't put him in league with Charles.

Hammock Parties
04-01-2013, 06:56 PM
Brian Westbrook

Had exactly TWO seasons over 5 YPC.

Only two 1,000 yard seasons.

Charles already has 3...and averages 5 YPC as a rule, not an exception

GFY

Ace Gunner
04-01-2013, 06:59 PM
And Westbrook had some good OL's blocking his runs whereas Jamaal has pretty much done this on his own. Almost all Jamaal's runs start out with a jailbreak look behind the LOS.

InChiefsHeaven
04-01-2013, 07:37 PM
That last part with the Bo Jackson side by side was...awesome...

Simply Red
04-01-2013, 07:47 PM
I know you don't want to get too crazy w/ hip hop or electronica - but good god - enough of the heavy metal cock gobbling - there are other types of music, ya know? I realize you're trying to be friends w/ Joe and Bob Dole and stuff, but there are other music types. I stopped listening to Satriani literally in eight grade, And of course I am aware of his talent, so save your sermon w/ that shit.

Simply Red
04-01-2013, 07:51 PM
I did like the video Clay. actually come here and give me huggy.

Hammock Parties
04-01-2013, 08:00 PM
I know you don't want to get too crazy w/ hip hop or electronica - but good god - enough of the heavy metal cock gobbling - there are other types of music, ya know? I realize you're trying to be friends w/ Joe and Bob Dole and stuff, but there are other music types. I stopped listening to Satriani literally in eight grade, And of course I am aware of his talent, so save your sermon w/ that shit.

Which of the following is true about Joe Satriani

A) Not heavy metal
B) Most talented guitarist in the history of the universe
C) Plays a style of music perfectly suited in describing the running style of Jamaal Charles
D) All of the above, nimrod

PS: I haven't used guitar squealing hick tunes in a video in a long time.

InChiefsHeaven
04-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Which of the following is true about Joe Satriani

A) Not heavy metal
B) Most talented guitarist in the history of the universe
C) Plays a style of music perfectly suited in describing the running style of Jamaal Charles
D) All of the above, nimrod

PS: I haven't used guitar squealing hick tunes in a video in a long time.

Bonus point...if you don't like the music, make your own fucking video.

Hip Hop sucks.

Hammock Parties
04-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Ryan since you are so butthurt over my music selection, feel free to suggest 4 youtubes of music, each approximately 4 minutes long, for Bowe Show VI. This is your opportunity. Prove you can select something that I can cut to, and not some pretty teen club head bopping repetitive trance glow stick ecstasy bullshit. Go.

milkman
04-01-2013, 08:10 PM

I think that's a bit off.

Both Priest and Charles had/have outstanding vision, patience, and burst.

The thing that separates Charles is the speed.

He gets into the second level so much quicker, and is outstanding at reading the blocks in space.

tk13
04-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Priest's quickness in yards 1-10 was tremendous. He never had the top end speed of Charles, Larry Johnson, etc... but with his quickness and vision...he could move the chains as well as any RB, probably ever. Go watch how many times the defense would string a play out but couldn't beat Priest to the corner.

That's also what made him a great red zone threat.

Hammock Parties
04-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Mission: troll r/NFL with JC homerism

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/1bg9wv/jamaal_charles_runs_thru_history_58_yards_at_a/

Stanley Nickels
04-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Ryan since you are so butthurt over my music selection, feel free to suggest 4 youtubes of music, each approximately 4 minutes long, for Bowe Show VI. This is your opportunity. Prove you can select something that I can cut to, and not some pretty teen club head bopping repetitive trance glow stick ecstasy bullshit. Go.

This might be good for a highlight video...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dGd9DTTrX4U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties
04-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Nope, that's terrible. Completely, completely, completely awful. Next.

Ace Gunner
04-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Mission: troll r/NFL with JC homerism

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/1bg9wv/jamaal_charles_runs_thru_history_58_yards_at_a/

"Idk. I feel like teams know he's running and that makes him easier to stop. If you know 90% of a teams offense is running, you can better stop the run. Also, the older he gets, the slower he'll get- we're all bound to peak eventually."

When I read posts like this one I just want to reach into the interweb and squeeze a throat. JFC Jamaal has been doing this against every defense knowing he was going to run it.

AussieChiefsFan
04-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Great, now I have to clean my keyboard.

But seriously, that was beautiful.

Easy 6
04-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Schoolboy Q featuring A$AP ROCK?... without a single second of listening, i'm gonna go with wendler.

Simply Red
04-01-2013, 08:57 PM
I don't like Trance - so take your glow stick comment and blow it out of your ass, I'm not going to introduce these prized tracks surrounded by Satriani fans, w/ flaming billy clubs in their hands.. This would be a sure recipe for disaster and disagreement.

It'd be better to covertly pass you the information and for you to surprise CP with the sacred tracks on another day, different video, again. unannounced.

You may even get a hummer from that Cara chick from out west, after she views it.

Stanley Nickels
04-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Schoolboy Q featuring A$AP ROCK?... without a single second of listening, i'm gonna go with wendler.

Okay, but at least know that it's A$AP Rocky, and neither one is the generic rapper you'd expect. But I appreciate you not listening to a second of it, because who would want to change your mind anyway?

Hammock Parties
04-01-2013, 08:58 PM
I don't like Trance - so take your glow stick comment and blow it out of your ass, I'm not going to introduce these prized tracks surrounded by Satriani fans, w/ flaming billy clubs in their hands.. This would be a sure recipe for disaster and disagreement.

It'd be better to covertly pass you the information and for you to surprise CP with the sacred tracks on another day, different video, again. unannounced.

You may even get a hummer from that Cara chick from out west, after she views it.

You have my permission to PM me shitty music.

Simply Red
04-01-2013, 09:02 PM
You have my permission to PM me shitty music.

with that attitude, I'd never consider it, but i can tell - You'll need to be able to speed up the RPM/BPM's.

I like the track Galactic Funk by DJ Spooky If you could speed it up - but I don't love it and it's certainly not my applicant, I'd like to work on it.

Hammock Parties
04-01-2013, 09:03 PM
No seriously, hit me whenever you fee like it.

I want some Mizzy for the Bizzy Shizzy VI from my nizzy rizzy!

Hammock Parties
04-01-2013, 09:05 PM
I like the track Galactic Funk by DJ Spooky

LMAOLMAOLMAO

This is god awful. It's so slow and repetitive.

COME ON MAN

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rPNLAuKgaEM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red
04-01-2013, 09:09 PM
I will work on it.

Demonpenz
04-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Off the chain.

Easy 6
04-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Okay, but at least know that it's A$AP Rocky, and neither one is the generic rapper you'd expect. But I appreciate you not listening to a second of it, because who would want to change your mind anyway?

I know, i know, passing judgement without a single listen sounds lame... but honestly, if a band name, a band name from ANY genre sounds bad to me, i simply wont bother.

The way i see it, if they arent original and talented enough to come up with an authentically artistic sounding, cool name... then their music prolly blows too.

To me, that sounds like some kinda Breakin II: Electric Boogaloo act, in all honesty.

Hammock Parties
04-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Hey Red, it could have been worse. I was thinking about using this for awhile until I was like WTF this sucks.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EUvODIH8Pc4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red
04-01-2013, 09:37 PM
I think you're correct with what you use for this place, after further thought.

My music probably wouldn't work as well - trouble is; it'd need the speed increased, I'd never consider suggesting a raw hip-hop track, nor breaks or DnB - but i'd consider a Trip Hop -or- acid jazz track w/ it's rotation speed increased.

I was half way busting balls - I actually still can really appreciate Satriani - but it just brings back either grade and a portion of ninth, sup Joey Atwood! .. but yeah, just before I started branching out with the musicians I'd listed to, and stopped watching Headbangers Ball.

Hammock Parties
04-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Look at Michael McCann pieces on youtube. That guy is awesome. If you can find something in that vein I'd be down.

Iowanian
04-01-2013, 09:47 PM
A lot of very, very nice downfield blocks by #82 on this clip.

TimeForWasp
04-01-2013, 09:55 PM
That's what I'm talking about.

Simply Red
04-01-2013, 11:26 PM
Totally found it BOOM! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwGQKsFTK9Q)

themanwithnoname
04-01-2013, 11:30 PM
Totally found it BOOM! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwGQKsFTK9Q)

:spock:

No. I don't even really hate it but it'd be awful for a highlight reel.

Hammock Parties
04-01-2013, 11:33 PM
simply red, maybe getting high would help on song selections

Hammock Parties
04-01-2013, 11:34 PM
john williams is a real ass ****a tho, i'd like to make a JC vid set to the E.T. overture but i know it would gay most of you out

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d5ozwSvjP6s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red
04-01-2013, 11:36 PM
I was only joking w/ the Close Encounters deal.

InChiefsHeaven
04-02-2013, 05:58 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c3_aM_s0R1U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Components of this overture would be good. Check out the 3:30 mark or so.

Obviously you'd have to cut it, but it might be cool for something.

GloryDayz
04-02-2013, 08:30 AM
Rep!

ThaVirus
04-02-2013, 03:23 PM
I love him.

Thig Lyfe
04-02-2013, 03:25 PM
I like the part when Carl Peterson turns into Teen Wolf and bites Tyler Palko!

RedDread
04-02-2013, 03:25 PM
Make awesome video, get banned next day.

That is Clay in a nutshell.