PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So, how does everyone feel about the Reid era so far?

BradBigglestein
04-02-2013, 12:29 AM
I'm an Eagles fan and I've been posted now and again. Reid was a huge part of the Eagles for so long, so I will be heavily following the Chiefs going forward. More out of curiosity than anything.

So the NFL Draft is almost here, and I'm curious as to what everyone thinks about the Reid era in KC so far and what moves the new regime has done under Reid.

MotherfuckerJones
04-02-2013, 12:32 AM
Feel good. Tough year to start with this draft and it's QBs. Just hope we take a chance on one in rd 1

Simply Red
04-02-2013, 12:34 AM
If you like 6 win seasons.

AussieChiefsFan
Feeling much better about this team than I did at the end of last year, that's for certain. I'm really hoping that Geno is the pick at #1, but none-the-less I'm definitely looking forward to this upcoming season.

So far it is SSDD.

BradBigglestein
04-02-2013, 12:35 AM
Yeah, the Eagles need a QB of the future badly and I just wish we had a #4 pick in last year's draft. Not this one.

I really look forward to seeing what Reid and the Chiefs do with that #1 overall.

MotherfuckerJones
04-02-2013, 12:36 AM
Nice to know we have a competent staff and front office so far well see after this year how I feel

keg in kc
04-02-2013, 12:38 AM
Kind of hard to tell anything at this point since they've played zero games.

Ask again in about 3 years.

penbrook
04-02-2013, 12:38 AM
I wonder what Geno will be doing tommorow at his workout.

He apparently arrived tonight and had dinner with club officials. Could of been just Reid but who kbows. Maybe Clark was there.

silver5liter
04-02-2013, 12:40 AM
Id feel better without alex smith

BradBigglestein
04-02-2013, 12:43 AM
This is the first time in a while where I have no idea who will be the #1 pick. I think I know how Reid thinks pretty well, but I don't even have a clue right now. I have a hunch it won't be Joeckel, but what do I know...

kcjayhawks5
04-02-2013, 12:44 AM
So far so good minus Alex smith. Will post again after the draft.

Ming the Merciless
04-02-2013, 12:49 AM
fuck the eagles and fuck you!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

jd1020
04-02-2013, 03:50 AM
I feel the same.

It wasn't but a year ago that Pioli was being praised for the offseason he had in acquiring guys like Hillis, Boss, and Winston. Shame we still had Cassel... and Quinn... and fucking Ricky Stanzi.

So far the Reid regime has replaced Cassel... with Alex Smith... and Quinn... with Chase Daniel... and filled a bunch of holes with uninspiring players.

The Reid regime has made good on re-signing players, same as Pioli was. Pioli failed to re-sign Carr, but imo it was pretty obvious where Carr wanted to be. The Reid regime has another cornerstone player hanging in the balance that doesn't look to be around in KC much longer in Albert.

All the same to me.

Have to wait for the draft to come around. It all points to that 1 position that this team fails to legitimately address...

ChiefMojo
04-02-2013, 05:22 AM
Feel good! I can't wait till he actually gets out on the field and does what he does best... coach!

You would never know reading this board though... CP is full of people more capable than Reid/Dorsey apparently. I'm not as upset about the QB position as some as I think Alex Smith is the best option in a sh*tty draft class of QB's and FA QB's.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-02-2013, 06:01 AM
Reid having fans follow him to another teams says a lot right there.

so far the major change for the good is that the front office is now making the players happy. Getting Bowe signed to a deal won the whole team over.

MotherfuckerJones
04-02-2013, 06:04 AM
It is still really early

Dave Lane
04-02-2013, 06:34 AM
Take a QB in round one and I'm good.

warpaint*
04-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Dude he hasn't had so much as one draft yet. No opinion.

Deberg_1990
04-02-2013, 07:11 AM
Ill let you know on Dec. 31st what i think of him.

chiefzilla1501
04-02-2013, 07:17 AM
So far...

Reid hired an outstanding offensive coaching staff that is QB focused
Reid hired a D-coordinator that was a surprise choice, but at least it's not on the tree and is a progressive defense. This is a pure "wait and see"
To that point, he has done a terrific job of shedding the ***** and Carl Peterson "we only hire and sign people from the tree mentality." First time in umpteen years
He upgraded the QB, though not crazy about the selection. We still have yet to see what his actual long-term plan is. This is another "wait and see"
He did not force a 4-3 defense onto his team, even though that was probably his preference. He made the defense fit the players.
Biggest of all, he's quickly opened the media back up to the fans. This is huge. Arrowhead has lost its edge and, sadly, true fans are the ones who fill stadiums.

All in all, done a great job so far with some areas that are pure "wait and see."

notorious
04-02-2013, 07:19 AM

so far the major change for the good is that the front office is now making the players happy. Getting Bowe signed to a deal won the whole team over.

Alex Smith has fans following him, too. ;)

Seriously, I like the Reid pickup, and I am excited to see what he can do for our offense.

58-4ever
04-02-2013, 07:20 AM
We are undefeated, so that's something.

durtyrute
04-02-2013, 07:24 AM

There are people on this board that followed Castoff by going to a Vikes board.:doh!:

hometeam
04-02-2013, 07:24 AM
The signing of Alex Smith and company has me on the edge already.

Everything else they have done has been decent except for the addressing of the QB/LT position.

Alex Smith cant fucking play. This concerns me.

On the PLAY side of things I think the new coaching/training staff will improve the team.

KC_Lee
04-02-2013, 07:35 AM
The signing of Alex Smith and company has me on the edge already.

Everything else they have done has been decent except for the addressing of the QB/LT position.

Alex Smith cant ****ing play. This concerns me.

On the PLAY side of things I think the new coaching/training staff will improve the team.

This is where I am as well. Going down the same path, regarding the QB position, that KC has followed for the past 25 - 30 years with little pay off (i.e. Super Bowl win or apperance) tempered my excitment.

Until I see what Reid and company do in the draft I am holding off judgment. Would love to see Geno Smith at 1.1, or a trade down to pick up more selections this year and next then grab Bray in the 3rd round.

Rasputin
04-02-2013, 07:36 AM
All it would take is for them to draft Geno Smith and I can be happy about the Reid hire. If not then same as it ever was same as it ever was.

cosmo20002
04-02-2013, 07:40 AM
So, how does everyone feel about the Reid era so far?

Zero wins. He's got to improve on that.

Dayze
04-02-2013, 07:53 AM
so far he has a HUGE strike on the Smith deal with me. Almost to the point where it negates anything positive they'vfe done in FA.

they better come out of the draft looking like Emma Stone and not Sandra Oh (who might be the ugliest woman on the pl anet). If not, that's strike 2.

if they come out of the draft w/out a potential QBOTF, ten that's 3.

tecumseh
04-02-2013, 07:59 AM
I'm excited. Andy has assembled a good staff. Although Alex Smith's stats are similiar to Cassie's, I hope Andy and the O staff can lean him toward overachieving. If he takes Geno, thats a great plus. Signing Bowe, thumbs up. Some of these FA's seem like filler but I'll give Andy the benefit of the doubt. Set the table, serve it up, build a winner. My rating right now is C+.

griZZly64
04-02-2013, 03:06 PM
so far he has a HUGE strike on the Smith deal with me. Almost to the point where it negates anything positive they'vfe done in FA.

they better come out of the draft looking like Emma Stone and not Sandra Oh (who might be the ugliest woman on the pl anet). If not, that's strike 2.

if they come out of the draft w/out a potential QBOTF, ten that's 3.

Better be a redhead emma stone.. fucka blonde

Dayze
04-02-2013, 03:10 PM
I concur. I almost don't even recognize her as a blonde.

Good lord I find her so yummy.

Thig Lyfe
04-02-2013, 03:24 PM
Alex Smith.

BlackHelicopters
04-02-2013, 03:25 PM
JIMP if we go 3-13.

Chris Meck
04-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Take a QB in round one and I'm good.

take a QB in one of the top three rounds and I'll be feeling good about it. I just don't think anyone thinks Geno is the guy and the rest all seem about the same.

AdumbGuy
04-02-2013, 03:35 PM
The Alex Smith debacle killed all the warm and fuzzies I had when we first brought him and Dorsey on.

2 very high 2nd round picks for a guy that probably would've been cut. If we don't bring in a prospect QB we can develop, preferably, but not necessarily, Geno - then fuck em.

TEX
04-02-2013, 03:40 PM
take a QB in one of the top three rounds and I'll be feeling good about it. I just don't think anyone thinks Geno is the guy and the rest all seem about the same.

Pretty much how I feel as well. I'd like to add that I do like how active they were in free agency from the start.

ct
04-02-2013, 04:06 PM
I'm good so far, not great.

Too much to pay for Alex Smith, but if they can get out of #1 to recoup the cost that's a big win. NOBODY sees a legit QBOTF in this draft folks, but i'm in the camp we definitely need to try for a potential guy in 2nd or 3rd (this assumes we can move out of #1).

Most of the other FA moves are positive, not spectacular. Filled and upgraded most every hole, and nobody seriously overpaid, so that's solid!

BradBigglestein
04-02-2013, 04:11 PM

Well, I'm not a Chiefs fan, but I want to see Andy Reid do well. I've never disliked him.

The Eagles hired the guy I really wanted in Chip Kelly and I'm extremely excited for what he will bring. But Reid was a big part of my life as an Eagles fan. 14 years is a really long time to be a coach in sports. Young teens became adults and got married during the time he coached.

If the Chiefs make it to a Superbowl I will root for Andy Reid unless it is against the Eagles :P

Tribal Warfare
04-02-2013, 04:14 PM
There are people on this board that followed Castoff by going to a Vikes board.:doh!:

Like who?

Mr. Laz
04-02-2013, 04:18 PM
meh ... talent level looks remarkably like it did last year.

The cornerback position is the only place where i see any significant improvement.

Cross your fingers and hope that coaching makes a big difference

Ace Gunner
04-02-2013, 04:44 PM
I'm liking the new staff. I like that they want to start winning now, they went out and invested.

I think Alex Smith was by far the best option and every day branden albert opens his mouth, this staff looks sharper.

I would like Geno because he is the best QB in this draft, but I'm okay with them going with another QB later in this draft -- to me, the important move is to get QB's in here now so that the young QB's can begin growing in this offense and competing for the starting QB position asap.

I'm very happy they let the worst starter on this roster walk -- Glenn Dorsey has impeded this team for years.

I like the CB moves very much -- the more smith's on this roster, the better :D

Right now, I grade the new staff at a solid "B" and I expect this team to win at least 9 games 2013.

HoneyBadger
04-02-2013, 04:49 PM
How are you able to start a thread?

BradBigglestein
04-02-2013, 06:02 PM
There is a button on the top of the page that said "new thread" and I clicked it.

:)

crossbow
04-02-2013, 06:08 PM
The Alex Smith debacle killed all the warm and fuzzies I had when we first brought him and Dorsey on.

2 very high 2nd round picks for a guy that probably would've been cut. If we don't bring in a prospect QB we can develop, preferably, but not necessarily, Geno - then **** em.

This all the way. They totaly screwed up and did it so hard that it will cost them for years. They paid so much for Alex that they have to play him regardless if he makes them look like fools or not. They will win enough games now that they will be out of reach of an impact QB and since they traded their last chance to get one (next years high 2nd) they won't be able to move up. They boxed themselves in. Realy bad move. Not impressed at all. I expected them to do something bold and creative not Marty and safe. This "We can't draft a QB because there is no Andrew Luck and RG3" idea is a cop out. There rarely are guys like that in one draft.

Same lame moves as have been made for the last 30 years will bring the same lame results.... Blowouts if they make a playoff game.

bevischief
04-02-2013, 06:11 PM
On the fence, ask again after the season. Not waiting again like the last time.

The Bad Guy
04-02-2013, 06:12 PM
meh ... talent level looks remarkably like it did last year.

The cornerback position is the only place where i see any significant improvement.

Cross your fingers and hope that coaching makes a big difference

No improvement from the qb position? That's a bunch of shit.

By merely removing Cassel and Quinn and their turnover tendencies and replacing them with someone who doesn't turn it over is a huge difference.

Why do we have to hope this staff is an upgrade? Anyone with a pulse and who's watched at least a weekend of football knows it is.

chiefzilla1501
04-02-2013, 06:12 PM
This all the way. They totaly screwed up and did it so hard that it will cost them for years. They paid so much for Alex that they have to play him regardless if he makes them look like fools or not. They will win enough games now that they will be out of reach of an impact QB and since they traded their last chance to get one (next years high 2nd) they won't be able to move up. They boxed themselves in. Realy bad move. Not impressed at all. I expected them to do something bold and creative not Marty and safe. This "We can't draft a QB because there is no Andrew Luck and RG3" idea is a cop out. There rarely are guys like that in one draft.

Same lame moves as have been made for the last 30 years will bring the same lame results.... Blowouts if they make a playoff game.

It's an over-reaction.

The Chiefs have not signed Alex Smith long-term. They have not passed on any QBs in the draft yet. They have not made any indication that they refuse to find a young QB to groom behind Smith with the intention of him being the long-term starter.

If Alex Smith is the best QB we come up with over the next 3 years, and it's because we didn't try, then yes. If he's a stopgap for a year or 2, I really could care less how many picks we gave up.

Simplicity
04-02-2013, 06:13 PM
So far it is SSDD.

Don't you ****ing dare compare Alex Smith to Matt Cassel, Stanford Routt to Sean Smith, Fasano to Boss. Reid to Crennel, Carl to Carl, Dorsey to Pioli.

Cannibal
04-02-2013, 06:15 PM
Shitty year to get the #1 pick, but very excited about the upcoming season.

Cannibal
04-02-2013, 06:18 PM
I think Reid is a very good HC that just became stale in Philly. After a long enough period of time, the players tune the coach out.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
04-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Alex Smith is a bummer and Bob Sutton is a concern.

EDIT: Alex Smith has only played two full seasons in 8. Chase Daniel has thrown less than 10 NFL passes(IIRC).

Cannibal
04-02-2013, 06:21 PM
I know for damn sure Reid is far more competent than our last 3 coaches.

Cannibal
04-02-2013, 06:22 PM
This offense had the potential to be explosive even with Alex Smith in my opinion.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Haven't played a game yet so you can't really judge. Alex Smith doesn't have me hot and ready like a Little Caesar's pizza though to be honest. I have low expectations for this team because of the QB position. I'm hoping to be impressed and proven wrong by Reid.

FlaChief58
04-02-2013, 06:42 PM
Sofar, the only thing I question is the price they paid for Smith. I'd give them a B at this point.

crossbow
04-02-2013, 06:43 PM
It's an over-reaction.

The Chiefs have not signed Alex Smith long-term. They have not passed on any QBs in the draft yet. They have not made any indication that they refuse to find a young QB to groom behind Smith with the intention of him being the long-term starter.

If Alex Smith is the best QB we come up with over the next 3 years, and it's because we didn't try, then yes. If he's a stopgap for a year or 2, I really could care less how many picks we gave up.

They shit their pants trading for this bum. They paid way too much for him.

chiefzilla1501
04-02-2013, 06:56 PM
They shit their pants trading for this bum. They paid way too much for him.

Without knowing their intention for Alex Smith, you can't say this.

Based on a lot of the moves the Chiefs made, it's seems like Reid/Dorsey got the directive that they need to start winning games fast and getting Arrowhead jumping again. If that's the directive, then Smith is the best choice for that. BUt that does not mean they are committed to Alex Smith as their long term QBOTF.

Mav
04-02-2013, 07:40 PM
No improvement from the qb position? That's a bunch of shit.

By merely removing Cassel and Quinn and their turnover tendencies and replacing them with someone who doesn't turn it over is a huge difference.

Why do we have to hope this staff is an upgrade? Anyone with a pulse and who's watched at least a weekend of football knows it is.

That doesn't register. It is perfectly logical, I pointed it out that no matter if alex smith doesn't throw for more than 20 tds, as long as he doesn't turn the ball over 38 times which your qbs did last year that its an upgrade, and will upgrade the defense, the offense and the special teams because you wont constantly be in horrible field position because of a turn over.

People want high lights. That's all they care about. They want the aerial show, even though the super bowl winning qb last year, threw 28 tds, and less than 4000 yards.......

chiefzilla1501
04-02-2013, 07:47 PM
That doesn't register. It is perfectly logical, I pointed it out that no matter if alex smith doesn't throw for more than 20 tds, as long as he doesn't turn the ball over 38 times which your qbs did last year that its an upgrade, and will upgrade the defense, the offense and the special teams because you wont constantly be in horrible field position because of a turn over.

People want high lights. That's all they care about. They want the aerial show, even though the super bowl winning qb last year, threw 28 tds, and less than 4000 yards.......

So a game manager.

In a QB-driven league where teams are moving to spread, the best QBs are throwing for 5,000 yards, and the top QBs are responsible for the majority of Super Bowl wins, our formula is for a 3,000 yard QB that wins with the running game and defense?

I am fine with Alex Smith as a stop gap. He's not a long-term answer. I don't give a shit how many yards Flacco threw for in 2012. He won the Super Bowl because in the playoffs, he was making throws that only elite QBs make.

scho63
04-02-2013, 07:52 PM
We are now calling the first 3 months of a new job an "era"?

Let's get real....

Sorter
04-02-2013, 07:55 PM
We are now calling the first 3 months of a new job an "era"?

Let's get real....

Personally, I enjoyed the short length of both the Machida era and the Houston Alexander era. Different sports though.

Mav
04-02-2013, 07:57 PM
So a game manager.

In a QB-driven league where teams are moving to spread, the best QBs are throwing for 5,000 yards, and the top QBs are responsible for the majority of Super Bowl wins, our formula is for a 3,000 yard QB that wins with the running game and defense?

I am fine with Alex Smith as a stop gap. He's not a long-term answer. I don't give a shit how many yards Flacco threw for in 2012. He won the Super Bowl because in the playoffs, he was making throws that only elite QBs make.

If that is the feeling you have, and I could see that if I looked at the stats. I watched every single Ravens down in the playoffs. He more or less, threw it up, like say against Denver, and his receivers made plays.......

Yes, he was phenomenal in the playoffs. 11 tds, and 0 picks. Impressive. He still by the letter of the law, was a game manager that relied on Ray Rice, and his defense in the regular season.......

Did he not? It takes a complete team around your FRANCHISE qb to win. The chiefs have a pretty decent team around Alex Smith now.

chiefzilla1501
04-02-2013, 10:52 PM
If that is the feeling you have, and I could see that if I looked at the stats. I watched every single Ravens down in the playoffs. He more or less, threw it up, like say against Denver, and his receivers made plays.......

Yes, he was phenomenal in the playoffs. 11 tds, and 0 picks. Impressive. He still by the letter of the law, was a game manager that relied on Ray Rice, and his defense in the regular season.......

Did he not? It takes a complete team around your FRANCHISE qb to win. The chiefs have a pretty decent team around Alex Smith now.

I was one of the most vocal about getting a little lucky in the Denver game. It doesn't change the fact that he also threw big league, aggressive passes that were right on the money. How can you toss this ridiculous idea out there that flacco game managed his way to a super bowl? He basically threw 280+ per game in the playoffs and in the last 2 games, rice combined for 100 yards. And the ravens defense was terrible last year.

It doesn't take a complete team anymore to win a super bowl. Flacco won with one of the worst ravens defenses in recent memory. Brees had a horrible defense and an average supporting offensive cast. Same with Aaron Rodgers. The colts were a nightmare without Peyton, and Brady took a team with reche Caldwell and jAbar gaffney as starters to the AFc championship.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-02-2013, 11:13 PM
fuck the eagles and fuck you!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lololoolol wft?????
Posted via Mobile Device

Ming the Merciless
04-02-2013, 11:32 PM
Don't you ****ing dare compare Alex Smith to Matt Cassel, Stanford Routt to Sean Smith, Fasano to Boss. Reid to Crennel, Carl to Carl, Dorsey to *****.

why?

Ultra Peanut
04-03-2013, 03:32 AM
http://i.minus.com/iFknJcYZStY5m.gif

crazycoffey
04-03-2013, 03:47 AM
So far it is SSDD.

I've been feeling the same way about every post on this site for the last 6 months

King_Chief_Fan
04-03-2013, 07:13 AM
no talk of candy wrappers, Cassel is gone, Pioli is gone, upgraded every coaching position and brought in decent talent to secure the base for this team. It will get better in years 2 and 3. The "era" is an improvement.

el borracho
04-03-2013, 09:31 AM
I'm an Eagles fan and I've been posted now and again. Reid was a huge part of the Eagles for so long, so I will be heavily following the Chiefs going forward. More out of curiosity than anything.

So the NFL Draft is almost here, and I'm curious as to what everyone thinks about the Reid era in KC so far and what moves the new regime has done under Reid.

The Chiefs are like a busboy in a high-end restaurant, eating the leftovers off rich people's plates on the way to the garbage.

The Alex Smith trade is enough to make me stop watching. It will be years of damage to the team in terms of lost picks and uninspired play at the most important position in the game. So far, I am hating the Reid era.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-03-2013, 09:35 AM
lol
Posted via Mobile Device