PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs down to 3

Pages : [1] 2

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-03-2013, 05:00 AM
Chiefs | Looking at only three for top pick
Tue, 02 Apr 2013 17:55:04 -0700

The Kansas City Chiefs are looking at only three players for the top overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft - Central Michigan OT Eric Fisher, Texas A&M OT Luke Joeckel and Oregon DE Dion Jordan, according to sources.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2POfgT8sd

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-03-2013, 05:01 AM
I'm sticking with Fisher at #1

Red Dawg
04-03-2013, 05:03 AM
Jordan or Peyton Manning.

AussieChiefsFan
04-03-2013, 05:05 AM
Shit.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-03-2013, 05:10 AM
LOL

Sooooo Geno's workout must have not been so impressive...

AussieChiefsFan
04-03-2013, 05:12 AM
http://willpowerthru.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/thatsit-imoutgameoverman_8e846debb8a2f24b1a8f6e573271cffa.gif

Mr_Tomahawk
04-03-2013, 05:16 AM
Jordan

Sassy Squatch
04-03-2013, 05:18 AM
Jordan
Fisher

Joeckel
In that order.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-03-2013, 05:24 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oyDem7JeSgU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-03-2013, 05:31 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W9rOGqxFOD4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr_Tomahawk
04-03-2013, 05:31 AM
Don't post a joeckel highlight.

AussieChiefsFan
04-03-2013, 05:32 AM
Don't post a joeckel highlight.Please listen to the man.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-03-2013, 05:34 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tVGNPcfsrH8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr_Tomahawk
04-03-2013, 05:35 AM
Son

Of

A

Bitch.

AussieChiefsFan
04-03-2013, 05:37 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tVGNPcfsrH8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>Why would you do this?

MotherfuckerJones
04-03-2013, 05:50 AM
Their source was Russ Lande who is a complete buffoon. Russ said we would take Nassib number 1. Thats all you have to know about him. :facepalm:

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-03-2013, 05:52 AM
Why would you do this?

Ummm. Because Johnny Manziel is the reason Joekel is even considered in the first 3 rounds.

And BTW , watch the Manziel Video, it will bring tears to your eyes. I'd trade all of this years picks for the opportunity to draft Manziel.

AussieChiefsFan
04-03-2013, 05:56 AM
Ummm. Because Johnny Manziel is the reason Joekel is even considered in the first 3 rounds.

And BTW , watch the Manziel Video, it will bring tears to your eyes. I'd trade all of this years picks for the opportunity to draft Manziel.Man I was just playin' :D

Rasputin
04-03-2013, 06:59 AM
LOL

Eh they just go through the motions to show that they looked at every option. Geno would have had to be perfect in his audition and Alex Smith get inflicted with a sudden case of leprosy.

Canofbier
04-03-2013, 07:16 AM
And BTW , watch the Manziel Video, it will bring tears to your eyes. I'd trade all of this years picks for the opportunity to draft Manziel.

Thank goodness you're not in charge, then.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-03-2013, 07:17 AM
Daniel Jeremiah‏@MoveTheSticks6h
Just looked up the Chiefs depth chart…Can't remember seeing a better group of players for a team picking 1st in the #NFLDraft.

Carlota69
04-03-2013, 07:18 AM
There are so many possibilities...

This could be a smokescreen, this could be true, or this could be flat out wrong. Who fucking knows....

suds79
04-03-2013, 07:20 AM
I at this point in the game would be happy with either Jordan or Fisher.

I don't get picking Joeckel because I think Fisher is better. (or has better upside)

ChiTown
04-03-2013, 07:37 AM
The only thing that seems evident to me, is that the Chiefs are not going to pick a QB at 1.1. Given the talent in the pool, including Geno "Jesus" Smith, I'm okay with that. I would prefer a trade down and pick up some additional picks to compensate losing our 2nd rounder. However, in lieu of that, Fisher would certainly be my top choice. OT ain't a sexy pick, but I'm not hemorrhaging over it like some on this board. In short, I don't really care what the Chiefs do with this pick. Short of picking a ST's guy, go out and get the best player of need and let's go win some football games.

I've taken Chiefs football way too seriously in my lifetime. My new perspective is: Fuck it, it's just football, not real life. I'm going to give that a go this season, and see if that works for me.

MotherfuckerJones
04-03-2013, 07:42 AM
Daniel Jeremiah‏@MoveTheSticks6h
Just looked up the Chiefs depth chart…Can't remember seeing a better group of players for a team picking 1st in the #NFLDraft.

This ones for you Blackmon!

Carlota69
04-03-2013, 07:42 AM
Maybe we were getting Phillys attention by having Geno here?

Geno Smith visits Philly

Posted by Mike Florio on April 3, 2013, 8:59 AM EDT

Getty Images
Either the Eagles are genuinely interested in West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith or they’ve hatched one hell of a smokescreen.

Several weeks after a group including coach Chip Kelly, G.M. Howie Roseman, and even owner Jeffrey Lurie made the trek to Morgantown to watch Smith throw privately, Smith is in Philly to meet with the powers-that-be for a second time, according to multiple reports.

This time, it will be a visit only, not a workout. Generally, workouts may occur only at or near the player’s campus.

The Eagles hold the fourth overall pick in the draft. There’s a chance Smith won’t be there at No. 4, if the Jaguars take him at No. 2 or the Raiders take him (or trade down) at No. 3.

If the Eagles decide they really want Smith, they’ll possibly have to transact a little business with their former head coach, Andy Reid, who holds the No. 1 overall selection in Kansas City.

HemiEd
04-03-2013, 07:50 AM
The only thing that seems evident to me, is that the Chiefs are not going to pick a QB at 1.1. Given the talent in the pool, including Geno "Jesus" Smith, I'm okay with that. I would prefer a trade down and pick up some additional picks to compensate losing our 2nd rounder. However, in lieu of that, Fisher would certainly be my top choice. OT ain't a sexy pick, but I'm not hemorrhaging over it like some on this board. In short, I don't really care what the Chiefs do with this pick. Short of picking a ST's guy, go out and get the best player of need and let's go win some football games.

I've taken Chiefs football way too seriously in my lifetime. My new perspective is: **** it, it's just football, not real life. I'm going to give that a go this season, and see if that works for me.

We are almost in the same place, and rightly so.

I care, but I also care about the people in a car wreck that I pass on the road, that I hope are ok.

I would care a hell of a lot more if they would do the right thing, by trying, but they won't and they haven't. They just keep doing the same thing, so I am not.

Messier
04-03-2013, 07:51 AM

I'm not a Joeckel fan, at all, but why is CP the only place I'm hearing how bad he is? He might be, and if we're taking a T I'd rather have Fisher. Its just that I can't find anyone outside CP that says things like, he's not even a first round talent. If you know of some share, because, and again, no LJ fan, but the anti Joeckel stuff comes off as the opposite to the pro Geno stuff. A mob reaction to being sick of hearing his name associated with the Chiefs.

tooge
04-03-2013, 07:52 AM
If the chiefs are truly going BPA, then it'll be either OT or Jordan. I'd be fine with any of these, although, I hope they are able to trade back a few picks.

The Franchise
04-03-2013, 07:59 AM
He posted this on Twitter BEFORE Geno workout.

chop
04-03-2013, 08:06 AM
What if the number of players the Chiefs are considering now is due to the fact that they have a trade in place with the Eagles. Maybe they crossed Geno off the list because they know he will be gone.

My twitter tweet now should say: Chiefs may swap picks with Eagles and still pick the guy they want and get an additional 2nd round pick and Nick Foles in return.

Of course I don't have any sources but I can throw things out there like everyone else.

suds79
04-03-2013, 08:09 AM
I'm not a Joeckel fan, at all, but why is CP the only place I'm hearing how bad he is? He might be, and if we're taking a T I'd rather have Fisher. Its just that I can't find anyone outside CP that says things like, he's not even a first round talent. If you know of some share, because, and again, no LJ fan, but the anti Joeckel stuff comes off as the opposite to the pro Geno stuff. A mob reaction to being sick of hearing his name associated with the Chiefs.

A valid question. Truth be told, I'm sure he's a fine player. He wouldn't be rated as high as he is if he wasn't.

I think the anti Joeckel sentiment among this board (and my personal views also) are based on: (in no order)

- He's not a QB/Geno Smith. :P
- People think protecting the nimble Johnny football helped him look good.
- He looked slow & unathletic during the combine (particularly against all other LTs.) He tested worse than any of the previous top LT picks in year's past.
- And he looks like a 12 year old school boy (okay that one is mine)

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqHzUd-14WwcD0v0NW-662H5fjTOwGar_h8Bwt4tn48VvfuvBAzg

For me personally it's just that I like Fisher better. I saw him absolutely dominate at the Senior bowl. He's bigger, stronger, faster. I'll take that.

Chiefshrink
Their source was Russ Lande who is a complete buffoon. Russ said we would take Nassib number 1. Thats all you have to know about him. :facepalm:

I agree.

After all day yesterday every media outlet was reporting it was down to 4 players:rolleyes:

BigRedChief
I'm sticking with Fisher at #1Hearing that they are in talks with Philly to trade down. the goal is to get a 2nd rounder and take Fisher. If not, they will take Fisher at #1.

KC_Lee
04-03-2013, 08:11 AM
Maybe we were getting Phillys attention by having Geno here?

Geno Smith visits Philly

Posted by Mike Florio on April 3, 2013, 8:59 AM EDT

The Eagles hold the fourth overall pick in the draft. There’s a chance Smith won’t be there at No. 4, if the Jaguars take him at No. 2 or the Raiders take him (or trade down) at No. 3.

Now this is the type of hard hitting and deep reporting I look for. Eagles are a #4 and there is a "chance" he won't be there if he is selected at #2 or #3.

Mind = Blown...

What are the chances Geno Smith will be there at #4 if he is selected at #2 or #3 Florio?!?

AndChiefs

There were a lot of predictions of Joeckel going first round last year. I'm tired of people making up "facts" about him. Manziel made him look better but he's always been viewed as a top tier LT.

Chiefshrink
. Truth be told,

- He's not a QB/Geno Smith. :P

This 1,000,000x

Denial is always comfortable and reality most of the time SUCKS !!:hmmm:

Mr. Laz
04-03-2013, 08:12 AM
once again ... i don't know how anyone could have a valid source on such a high dollar piece of information. If they really do KNOW then the Chiefs need to start firing some people.

RealSNR
04-03-2013, 08:13 AM
He's a first round talent. He might even be a top 10 selection. But he's not the best tackle in this draft. I don't even think he's the 2nd best tackle in this draft. And he's a fucking embarrassment at the #1 overall pick.

Other sites don't bring that up because they have no emotional investment. They just go, "Eh... Alex Smith, take the best player. WHUPS THAT'S JOECKEL OKAY!"

NorthernWV
Same guy that wants Manziel probably wanted Tebow after his sophmore year too

patteeu

They're mostly the same people with the same irrational approach to football analysis/discussion.

RealSNR
04-03-2013, 08:15 AM
They're mostly the same people with the same irrational approach to football analysis/discussion.

How about no, Scott

Sassy Squatch
04-03-2013, 08:18 AM
How about no, Scott
Why is he bad in your opinion?

Canofbier
04-03-2013, 08:20 AM
He's a first round talent. He might even be a top 10 selection. But he's not the best tackle in this draft. I don't even think he's the 2nd best tackle in this draft. And he's a ****ing embarrassment at the #1 overall pick.

Other sites don't bring that up because they have no emotional investment. They just go, "Eh... Alex Smith, take the best player. WHUPS THAT'S JOECKEL OKAY!"

Agreed - if we're taking an OT at 1.1 (barf), then it had damn well better be the one with the potential to be the best in the league, and not the one that's "safe" with a relatively lower ceiling.

ChiTown
04-03-2013, 08:23 AM
Hearing that they are in talks with Philly to trade down. the goal is to get a 2nd rounder and take Fisher. If not, they will take Fisher at #1.

So, they trade with Philly, and we get Philly's 1.4 and 2.3? That it?

RealSNR
04-03-2013, 08:24 AM

Watch him play. Eric Fisher blows up people, Luke Joeckel just re-directs pass rushers to the outside. One guy is an asshole, the other is a fat pig.

And to be quite honest, one of them is more conducive to an excellent RT than the other, and that needs to be our consideration going forward out of all this. 100%. Branden Albert is still on this team and if the Chiefs really are in "win now" mode, putting a rookie in at LT is a dumb idea. A seriously fucking dumb idea.

It may only stay that way for a year, but in that time we need our RT to do RT things, and not play the way Joeckel does against the rush.

Canofbier
04-03-2013, 08:24 AM

He shows good technique in pass protection and can shut down speed rushers, but struggled at times against some of the strong bull rushers he encountered in the SEC. They're only going to get stronger in the NFL. He is an adequate physical specimen, but his athleticism isn't elite. Combine that with his lack of a true "nasty streak" and he doesn't project to be a fantastic run blocker in the NFL.

He's a good talent, no doubt, but when you select a tackle with the first overall pick, he should at least have the potential to be dominant in both the running and passing game, which I don't think Joeckel does.

chiefscafan
04-03-2013, 08:25 AM
Dion Jordan is intriguing looks a lot like dt when he attacks

But where do we play him when we have Houston and Hali.

BigRedChief
04-03-2013, 08:25 AM
once again ... i don't know how anyone could have a valid source on such a high dollar piece of information. If they really do KNOW then the Chiefs need to start firing some people.2 ways. One or both the clubs leak the information for their own benefit.

This has way too many legs to not have been leaked by one of the teams. Doesn't make it true. Just that they want people to think it's true.

Sassy Squatch
04-03-2013, 08:27 AM
I've always just kind of dismissed Joeckel on the fact that he's only blocked for Tannehil and Manziel.

RealSNR
04-03-2013, 08:28 AM
KFFL is an index for all the individual reports out there. They don't actually do any reporting themselves.

Right now it's fair to call this shit BS until we see the guy who made this claim.

Canofbier
04-03-2013, 08:28 AM
2 ways. One or both the clubs leak the information for their own benefit.

This has way too many legs to not have been leaked by one of the teams. Doesn't make it true. Just that they want people to think it's true.

It was tweeted by Russell Lande and published by this site, which doesn't refer to its source (and might just be a regurgitation of Lande). Did I miss this being reported elsewhere?

BigRedChief
04-03-2013, 08:31 AM
So, they trade with Philly, and we get Philly's 1.4 and 2.3? That it?the variations of this rumor are basically the same as above but most say we get a conditional pick in 2014. Most times a 2nd-4th based on performance.

BigRedChief
04-03-2013, 08:32 AM
It was tweeted by Russell Lande and published by this site, which doesn't refer to its source (and might just be a regurgitation of Lande). Did I miss this being reported elsewhere?Twitterverse and blogs. I'm convinced this came from the Chiefs or Philly. Doesn't make it true though. Quite possibly draft smoke and mirrors.

Coogs
04-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Okay! Here is a link to a story that includes a video segment on the Chiefs from Monday Nights Total Access show. It is from Albert Breer who says Dorsey told him it was at 4 players.

I trust words right from Dorsey to Russ Lande any day.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000156443/article/kansas-city-chiefs-down-to-four-options-for-top-pick

suds79
04-03-2013, 08:34 AM

This I wouldn't really worry about.

In pass rushing situations you find a way to get them all on the field like the Giants do.

Shoot put Hali at DE and have Houtson & Jordan rushing from OLB spots in pass rushing situations. They'd figure that out. You can never have too many pass rushers.

Canofbier
04-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Twitterverse and blogs. I'm convinced this came from the Chiefs or Philly. Doesn't make it true though.

Fair enough. I dislike the rumor enough that I'll disregard it until it's reported by more/more credible people. :)

Sassy Squatch
04-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Fuck it run the 4-3 under then if you want Jordan.

Mr. Laz
04-03-2013, 08:37 AM
2 ways. One or both the clubs leak the information for their own benefit.

I'm not trying to attack/insult anyone but i failed to see any benefit for a team leaking information like this.

this exposes and risks selection potential

If other teams know what you're doing then they might block it

If you are in charge of the draft etc for a billion dollar organization then you better have information on lockdown. There is no way i even let secretaries etc photocopy information about such important information. I would know EVERY person that had access to such information and would start firing people if it was leaked.

Sassy Squatch
04-03-2013, 08:38 AM
I'm not trying to attack/insult anyone but i failed to see any benefit for a team leaking information like this.

If you are in charge of the draft etc for a billion dollar organization then you better have information on lockdown. There is no way i even let secretaries etc photocopy information about such important information. I would know EVERY person that had access to such information and would start firing people if it was leaked.
That..... or its a smokescreen to TRY and get other teams to offer more.

BigRedChief
04-03-2013, 08:39 AM

If you are in charge of the draft etc for a billion dollar organization then you better have information on lockdown. There is no way i even let secretaries etc photocopy information about such important information. I would know EVERY person that had access to such information and would start firing people if it was leaked.Every year teams leak misinformation. It happens every year without fail to either motivate a team or throw another team off the scent.

Ming the Merciless
04-03-2013, 08:40 AM
I don't buy it.....there is no point in them admitting they aren't considering geno

tooge
04-03-2013, 08:42 AM
We don't run a 3-4 all the time anyhow. In fact, anymore, 3-4 teams run that as a base defense, but then run all sorts of different defenses throughout the game. In passing situations with 3rd and 5 or longer, which is a lot of the time, you put Hali at end and rush the passer with Jordan and Houston, or you run a 4-3 with Jordan and Houston as OLB that can blitz.

ChiTown
04-03-2013, 08:44 AM
the variations of this rumor are basically the same as above but most say we get a conditional pick in 2014. Most times a 2nd-4th based on performance.

okay, the addition of the conditional pick makes more sense

Mr. Laz
04-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Every year teams leak misinformation. It happens every year without fail to either motivate a team or throw another team off the scent.yes, but teams leak misleading information.

so ...

1. the information is a smokescreen and is BS
2. the information is rumor/lie BS
3. the information was leaked by someone who should be fired

lcarus
04-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Just lock up Albert long term and trade out of the pick.

Mr. Laz
04-03-2013, 08:50 AM
That..... or its a smokescreen to TRY and get other teams to offer more.

possible

jspchief
04-03-2013, 08:51 AM
I'm not a Joeckel fan, at all, but why is CP the only place I'm hearing how bad he is? He might be, and if we're taking a T I'd rather have Fisher. Its just that I can't find anyone outside CP that says things like, he's not even a first round talent. If you know of some share, because, and again, no LJ fan, but the anti Joeckel stuff comes off as the opposite to the pro Geno stuff. A mob reaction to being sick of hearing his name associated with the Chiefs.I don't know who's saying "he's not a first round talent", but that's not true. He's a top 10 type of LT in most years.

The problem is he's not really a #1 overall talent. He's not Orlando Pace. He's not even Jake Long in terms of college pedigree. Add to that the fact that the Chiefs already have what many feel is a quality LT, and it creates a lot of ill will from fans. Even if we had Andrew Luck at QB, I wouldn't like the idea of using the #1 overall on Joeckel or Fischer.

jspchief
04-03-2013, 08:53 AM

But where do we play him when we have Houston and Hali.It's definitely the sexiest of the 3 options. As for what we do with him, he's a better prospect than Hali or Houston were out of college so it's possible that he becomes a starter outright.

BigRedChief
04-03-2013, 08:53 AM
yes, but teams leak misleading information.

so ...

3. the information was leaked by someone who should be firedI agree with #1 or #2.

Just Passin' By
04-03-2013, 08:54 AM
yes, but teams leak misleading information.

so ...

3. the information was leaked by someone who should be fired

If all you ever leaked was false information, nobody would be fooled by your false information.

Warrick
04-03-2013, 08:58 AM
Fisher > Matthews > Joeckel... You can see Manziel prefers to roll right which is where most of his bigger plays happen. Joeckel just gets a pass because he's listed as the LT of that team.

Messier
04-03-2013, 08:59 AM
I don't know who's saying "he's not a first round talent", but that's not true. He's a top 10 type of LT in most years.

The problem is he's not really a #1 overall talent. He's not Orlando Pace. He's not even Jake Long in terms of college pedigree. Add to that the fact that the Chiefs already have what many feel is a quality LT, and it creates a lot of ill will from fans. Even if we had Andrew Luck at QB, I wouldn't like the idea of using the #1 overall on Joeckel or Fischer.

Hog Farmer said he's not first round worthy. I'm just saying, with dozens of sites I visit, I've yet to see one say anything worse than it's a toss up over which LT is better, Joeckel or Fisher. As someone here said, they rate him high because they're not as emotionally attached as Chiefs fans. I think it's because of that emotional attachment that any player other than a QB is seen as not worthy of the pick.

The Franchise
04-03-2013, 08:59 AM
once again ... i don't know how anyone could have a valid source on such a high dollar piece of information. If they really do KNOW then the Chiefs need to start firing some people.

This. I seriously doubt that Dorsey came out a day before this report and said it was down to 4.....and then a "source" tells someone else it's three and who it is. Fucking bullshit. ESPECIALLY if the Chiefs are looking to trade down.

KChiefs1
04-03-2013, 09:00 AM
Dropped Geno pretty quickly!

Omaha
04-03-2013, 09:02 AM
This. I seriously doubt that Dorsey came out a day before this report and said it was down to 4.....and then a "source" tells someone else it's three and who it is. ****ing bullshit. ESPECIALLY if the Chiefs are looking to trade down.

I absolutely agree with this, but, of the three, I much prefer Jordan.

mcaj22
04-03-2013, 09:26 AM

you start him, because he's clearly better than both

ChiTown
04-03-2013, 09:31 AM

I'd say that is a bit of a leap for an unproven player, especially given both Houston and Hali are Pro Bowlers.

The Franchise
04-03-2013, 09:33 AM
If we draft Jordan this year.....I could possibly see a Hali trade after this season.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-03-2013, 09:43 AM
Hog Farmer said he's not first round worthy. I'm just saying, with dozens of sites I visit, I've yet to see one say anything worse than it's a toss up over which LT is better, Joeckel or Fisher. As someone here said, they rate him high because they're not as emotionally attached as Chiefs fans. I think it's because of that emotional attachment that any player other than a QB is seen as not worthy of the pick.

And I really should take that back because Joekel is a 1st round talent. But I do think Manziel helped him. And yes Joekel is the dullest 1st round #1 overall pick in the world and I'm sick of every fucking mock draft having us pick him.

And after watching Dion Jordan Highlights I really hope we take him and keep Albert where he's at.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-03-2013, 09:46 AM
If we draft Jordan this year.....I could possibly see a Hali trade after this season.

That's what I think they are anticipating...

Faddy Yomama
04-03-2013, 09:46 AM
The Chiefs drafting Dion Jordan would be confusing. He certainly would not fit as a 3-4 DE. He would have to start at outside linebacker, but we have 2 pro bowlers in Houston and Hali occupying those spots. I would rule out Dion Jordan for that reason.

suds79
04-03-2013, 09:51 AM
The Chiefs drafting Dion Jordan would be confusing. He certainly would not fit as a 3-4 DE. He would have to start at outside linebacker, but we have 2 pro bowlers in Houston and Hali occupying those spots. I would rule out Dion Jordan for that reason.

Well Tamba isn't getting any younger and while he's a good player, I wouldn't say he's an elite "top tier" pass rusher.

Basically if you feel you can get an elite pass rusher, I see no reason to hold back.

I don't like the idea of this team only having 2 pass rushers anyways. That's not enough and if one of them gets injured, we're F-ed.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-03-2013, 09:52 AM
Worthless w/o TBG confirmation.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dayze
04-03-2013, 10:02 AM
sweet.

boogblaster
04-03-2013, 10:03 AM
clearly Hali has lost a step or two .. so who knows bout the pick .....

thabear04
04-03-2013, 10:07 AM

Unless they are moving Hail back to DE cause of his age and draft Jordan?

nychief
04-03-2013, 10:10 AM
re: jordan
BPA?

they think he is JPP.

suds79
04-03-2013, 10:10 AM
re: jordan
BPA?

they think he is JPP.

If He's JPP I'll take that right now. Sign me up.

The Franchise
04-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Unless they are moving Hail back to DE cause of his age and draft Jordan?

Hali at 3-4 DE? :facepalm:

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
04-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Joeckel > Fisher

loochy
04-03-2013, 10:12 AM
if one of them gets injured, we're F-ed.

or banned for being a pothead

BUT SIR, I WAS ONLY SHRINKING MY BRAIN TUMORS

Buckweath
04-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Unless you think Dion Jordan the next Von Miller, you just don't draft him because he would play a position that is already a strength on the Chiefs D.

Hali and Houston provided 19 total sacks combined last year and they are likely to give us around 20 sacks for the next two years as Hali might be a tad declining if at all but Houston is on the rise.

It is the Dline that is the weak link on the defense and that needs to put more pressure on QBs and unless Poe blossoms, there's not much there as Devito and Jackson are poor passrushers.

threebag
04-03-2013, 10:18 AM
DEFENSE

saphojunkie
04-03-2013, 10:21 AM

This is the only correct response to this retarded thread.

Hey, I'm a source. Kansas City is down to one, and it's Leonard Suncasket.

B14ckmon
04-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Someone here said they would give up this entire draft for Manziel. RoFL. The kid had the two best tackles in college football with Matthews and Joeckel.

Buckweath
04-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Someone here said they would give up this entire draft for Manziel. RoFL. The kid had the two best tackles in college football with Lewan and Joeckel.

Matthews and Joeckel.

The Franchise
04-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Someone here said they would give up this entire draft for Manziel. RoFL. The kid had the two best tackles in college football with Lewan and Joeckel.

Moran.

keg in kc
04-03-2013, 10:27 AM
This has been said several times, but here's your "source": https://twitter.com/RUSSLANDE/status/319202063034765313

RealSNR
04-03-2013, 10:29 AM
Someone here said they would give up this entire draft for Manziel. RoFL. The kid had the two best tackles in college football with Matthews and Joeckel.

Nice edit, dickweed

B14ckmon
04-03-2013, 10:29 AM
Matthews and Joeckel.

Fixed. I get my fatties mixed up.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-03-2013, 10:30 AM
This is the only correct response to this retarded thread.

Hey, I'm a source. Kansas City is down to one, and it's Leonard Suncasket.

lmao
Posted via Mobile Device

B14ckmon
04-03-2013, 10:30 AM
Nice edit, dickweed

Isn't that the entire purpose of the edit button? Someone salty now that they are coming down to earth realizing they need to order a Joeckel jersey?

RealSNR
04-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Isn't that the entire purpose of the edit button? Someone salty now that they are coming down to earth realizing they need to order a Joeckel jersey?

Joeckel isn't Andy Reid's tackle. If he's the pick, you can call me Susan.

B14ckmon
04-03-2013, 10:36 AM

When are you ordering your Joeckel jersey Susan?

patteeu
04-03-2013, 10:37 AM

What do the N and R stand for?

RealSNR
04-03-2013, 10:38 AM
When are you ordering your Joeckel jersey Susan?

Tell me how Andy Reid has ever tried to acquire offensive linemen that play the way Joeckel does.

Answer: He hasn't.

RealSNR
04-03-2013, 10:38 AM
What do the N and R stand for?

Needs Raping

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-03-2013, 10:40 AM
I cant wait to see Cockmon reneg on leaving when we draft Geno.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiTown
04-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Needs Raping

ROFL

Pitt Gorilla
04-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Eh they just go through the motions to show that they looked at every option. Geno would have had to be perfect in his audition and Alex Smith get inflicted with a sudden case of leprosy.OR they are actually evaluating the talent and trying to get the best players. We can obsess over any player out there and it doesn't make them the best pick for the team.

Buckweath
04-03-2013, 11:01 AM
If the Chiefs aren't going to take Geno #1, I can't believe they won't trade down even if the value is not fully there.

BossChief
04-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Halis contract is cheap after this season, too.

penbrook
04-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Per Adam Caplan

WVU QB Geno Smith visits the#Eagles *today. He had a very long visit with the*#Chiefs *on Tuesday (lasted several hours)

BlackHelicopters
04-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Midgets

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-03-2013, 11:19 AM

Then why was he always scrambling like hell to avoid the sack you dumbass mother fucker !

penbrook
04-03-2013, 11:20 AM
Sources tell*@RUSSLANDE *that the*#Chiefs *are aggressively shopping Branden Albert and are looking for two 2nd round picks.

This also made yahoo sports. Anything Lande says right now is going to a major sports outlet.

penbrook
04-03-2013, 11:25 AM
ARN Sports@arnsports

OLB Kourtnei Brown worked out for the Kansas City Chiefs today.

He comes from the Redskins

penbrook
04-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Here is a good story. Brian Banks the guy who was falsely accused of rape just signed with the Falcons.

Mr. Laz
04-03-2013, 11:34 AM
He hasn't play a down in the NFL ... he's not clearly better than anyone.

B14ckmon
04-03-2013, 11:36 AM
I cant wait to see Cockmon reneg on leaving when we draft Geno.
Posted via Mobile Device

Boss Chief has yet to take up the bet.

Mr. Laz
04-03-2013, 11:37 AM
clearly Hali has lost a step or two

Clearly? :spock:

B14ckmon
04-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Then why was he always scrambling like hell to avoid the sack you dumbass mother ****er !

Because he ran anytime he thought he had a whole instead of keeping his eyes down field.

Do you even watch football you stupid fuck?

penbrook
04-03-2013, 11:38 AM

So does anyone else want to join in on the bet.

Mav
04-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Thank goodness you're not in charge, then.

No shit lol.........I was thinking the same thing.

Turrible.

B14ckmon
04-03-2013, 11:41 AM
So does anyone else want to join in on the bet.

The purpose of having BC was that I could hand deliver him $500. Because we live in the same city.

I will take the bet if both you and Sweet "Gay as Fuck" Willie agree to leave forever.

HemiEd
04-03-2013, 11:41 AM

Yeah, and send someone out in the hall to police for candy wrappers.

BossChief
04-03-2013, 11:43 AM

Nobody has even told me the terms of this bet I'm supposed to be involved in.

I can tell you right now though, if it has to do with KC taking Geno im not gonna be interested in losing anything.

Joeckel is gonna be the pick.

Vegas knows

penbrook
04-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Chiefs are working out OLB Kourtnei Brown from the Redskins.

B14ckmon
04-03-2013, 11:44 AM
Nobody has even told me the terms of this bet I'm supposed to be involved in.

I can tell you right now though, if it has to do with KC taking Geno im not gonna be interested in losing anything.

Joeckel is gonna be the pick.

Vegas knows

Yea I had a feeling you were too intelligent to take the bet.

penbrook
04-03-2013, 11:46 AM

Does Sweet Dick Willie want to join in on the bet?

BossChief
04-03-2013, 11:47 AM

Hold on...I heard 500 bucks involved and I'm interested.

What are the terms of this thing?

R8RFAN
04-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Can we now quit posting Geno threads?

The Franchise
04-03-2013, 11:49 AM

Because Russ "Nassib is the #1 QB in this class" Lande said it? Fuck no. Dude doesn't know shit.

B14ckmon
04-03-2013, 11:49 AM
Hold on...I heard 500 bucks involved and I'm interested.

What are the terms of this thing?

If Chiefs draft Geno I will give you $500 and leave the forum forever. If they don't draft Geno you and PencilDick have to leave forever.

BossChief
04-03-2013, 11:51 AM
If Chiefs draft Geno I will give you $500 and leave the forum forever. If they don't draft Geno you and PencilDick have to leave forever.

Haha

Nah. How about I leave till preseason and I get 200 if they draft Geno?

penbrook
04-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Because Russ "Nassib is the #1 QB in this class" Lande said it? **** no. Dude doesn't know shit.

Exactly and all of a sudden NFL.com gives Lande credit.

Also Lande said the Chiefs are looking for 2 second round picks for Albert and that made yahoo sports.

B14ckmon
04-03-2013, 11:53 AM
Haha

Nah. How about I leave till preseason and I get 200 if they draft Geno?

Nah. You were just thrown in because you enjoy the city of 5 seasons. Not worth it to me for that.

BossChief
04-03-2013, 11:55 AM

How am I involved in this at all? I dont understand...

B14ckmon
04-03-2013, 11:56 AM

I just threw you in because I could personally give you money I owe. Pencildick isn't allowed to leave his mother's closet.

Bootlegged
04-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Kiper denies favoritism for Clausen
Posted by NBC Sports on April 19, 2010, 9:46 AM EDT

Mel Kiper has Jimmy Clausen as the top quarterback in this draft, while Todd McShay’s Scouts Inc. has Clausen ranked 38th, 35 spots below Sam Bradford.

That disparity has raised questions about the relationship each draftnik has with the agents for the quarterbacks. McShay is believed to be represented by CAA, which also represents Bradford.

Kiper denies that he shows any favoritism to Clausen’s agent Gary Wichard, a long-time friend.

“I have so many friends who are agents: Tom Condon, Joel Segal, Tony
Agnone, Gary Wichard,” Kiper told Rick Maese of the Washington Post. “Ask them how many battles we’ve had on the phone
over players that they’ve represented. I don’t shill for
anybody.” BULLSHIT

Some have said Wichard represents Kiper, but that has been denied. Kiper points to the criticism he’s made of Wichard clients, including Taylor Mays and Dwight Freeney.

Maese’s excellent profile is worth a complete read. McShay calls Kiper an “institution.” Love or hate Kiper, McShay is right here.

Even though Kiper’s preeminence has been challenged in recent years, Kiper’s spot at the big boy table during the draft remains secure. He’s the one who will sit on ESPN’s main site throughout the draft, while McShay does a lot of his work from Bristol.

Mr. Laz
04-03-2013, 12:03 PM
i wanted Clausen in the 2nd round ... i really thought he had the talent to succeed.

:shrug:

Coogs
04-03-2013, 12:13 PM

I'll answer for them. No deal!

They are too good of posters to risk losing.

You're a Jags fan, so I don't care if you stay or go. Up to you.

TEX
04-03-2013, 12:14 PM
i wanted Clausen in the 2nd round ... i really thought he had the talent to succeed.

:shrug:

That's how all these guys are going to feel about Geno Smith. Watch.

Bootlegged
04-03-2013, 12:18 PM
"JaMarcus Russell is going to immediately energize that fanbase, that football team -- on the practice field, in that locker room," ESPN's Mel Kiper said at the time. "Three years from now you could be looking at a guy that's certainly one of the elite top five quarterbacks in this league. ...You're talking about a 2-3 year period once he's under center. Look out because the skill level that he has is certainly John Elway-like."

I actually felt bad for Kiper until I read ESPN's Todd McShay's comments:

"I can't remember being in such awe of a quarterback in my decade of attending combines and pro days. Russell's passing session was the most impressive of all the pro days I've been to. His footwork for such a big quarterback was surprising. He was nimble in his dropbacks, rolling out and throwing on the run. The ball just explodes out of his hands."

RealSNR
04-03-2013, 12:26 PM

You're a Raiders fan. You go to a Chiefs board and make demands about the kind of Chiefs content you see?

Go away.

Bootlegged
04-03-2013, 12:30 PM
There are many iconic hairstyles in the National Football League. Brett Keisel’s lumberjack beard. Troy Polamalu’s bodacious curls. Clay Matthews’ scintillating golden locks. But among the most distinct looks is that of Kiper, whose hair, glasses, and those squinted eyes are one of the signature images of the NFL draft. Every year, he and his fellow heavyweight, the former University of Richmond waterboy McShay, slug it out on millions of television screens in the months leading up to the draft a dramatic attempt to display their expertise. But which of these two titans is a better judge of talent? This post sought to answer that question.

To compare the success rates of the two gurus, we collected the rankings of the Top 25 players in each year’s draft from 2006 (when McShay joined ESPN) through 2010. Kiper’s rankings were determined by his final “Big Board” before each year’s draft, while McShay’s were determined via Scouts Inc.’s final Top 25 (McShay runs Scouts Inc.). We then compared each player’s ranking to their actual performance ranking in their draft class (performance here is approximated by Career Approximate Value). As an example, Kiper ranked Julius Peppers as the best player in the 2002 NFL Draft, and that prediction proved to be dead on, as 10 years later Peppers has the highest CAV of any player from the ’02 draft. While we would have preferred to use the ranks of all players drafted, Kiper only releases his top 25 prospects on his “Big Board,” which severely limited sample size. Nonetheless, here’s what we found:

As the chart above shows, Kiper and McShay have proven to be equally inefficient judges of talent over the past five years. Neither expert’s rankings were a particularly good predictor of how a player would perform compared to the rest of his class. In fact, the average errors listed above suggest that the gurus’ rankings are off by around 35 spots when compared to the player’s actual performance. In other words, a player Kiper or McShay ranked as the 15th-best player in the draft is most likely to actually have been the 40th-best based on CAV to this point in their careers. The root mean square errors (RMSE) imply that Kiper is very slightly less prone to extreme errors than his ESPN counterpart, but that difference is not significant. RMSE severely punishes large errors, so having a comparatively lower RMSE implies that one makes fewer huge errors. However, like the average errors, the RMSE for each scout is enormous.

Indeed, when looking at the lists themselves, it is clear that both Kiper and McShay have, like all draft experts, been prone to extreme hits and misses when compared to the other. In 2006, both had future busts Matt Leinart, A.J. Hawk, Vince Young, and Michael Huff ranked in their Top 10s. But McShay was wise enough to include future All-Pro center Nick Mangold in his Top 25, while Kiper instead opted for Jason Allen. The following year, McShay found more success by ranking Darrelle Revis tenth overall, but the Island himself was nowhere to be found on Kiper’s Big Board. Also that year, both Kiper and McShay smartly pegged Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, and Joe Thomas as three of the four top players in the draft, but both also had JaMarcus Russell and Brady Quinn in their top sevens.

In 2008, Kiper wisely ranked future bust Derrick Harvey 23rd—McShay had him 11th—but Kiper had fellow pass-rushing disaster Vernon Gholston 7th, compared to 15th for McShay. In 2009, both had the bust triumvirate of Aaron Curry, Michael Crabtree, and Jason Smith in their top four, but Kiper pegged Matthew Stafford at No. 3 while McShay had him at No. 7. McShay, however, wisely had both Clay Matthews and Hakeem Nicks in his Top 25, while Kiper had neither (but did, unlike McShay, include Percy Harvin). Finally, in 2010, Kiper, unlike McShay, smartly deemed Ndamukong Suh a better prospect than Gerald McCoy, but that success was immediately negated by his ranking of Jimmy Clausen at No. 4 overall (McShay, to his credit, did not feel Clausen was a top 25 talent).

Clearly, then, both “experts” have been both on-point and wildly off-base with their draft predictions over the past few years. On the whole, neither’s rankings are very accurate. If a player is listed in the Top 25 by either scout, that players will, on average, be in the top forty or sixty players from their draft class, but he is absolutely not guaranteed to be one of the very best players from his year. Furthermore, none of the differences between the average errors of Kiper and McShay are statistically significant: the differences between them are likely more due to luck than actual skill. In other words, you could take Kiper’s “Big Board” or McShay’s Top 25 and ask any random person to put them in any random order, and on average, that person’s rankings will be about as accurate as predicting future NFL success than any of ESPN’s two experts.

Of course, this study was limited by its sample size, as we’d have a fair better chance of really determining who was more accurate if Kiper and McShay both ranked every player in the draft (which only Scouts Inc. does; Kiper merely publishes his Top 25). But the nearly-equal numbers in the table above suggest there is not much of a difference between either’s ability to form an accurate Top 25. Of course, predicting NFL success—as it is in any sport—is extremely difficult, and it’s certainly possible that Kiper and McShay are statistically more accurate than any of the dozens of other websites that publish draft rankings each year. Since player rankings tend to be generally similar, it’s likely all such sites would be prone to a number of mistakes. But to determine whether such errors were as significant as those made by Kiper and McShay, future research should compare ESPN’s two gurus success rate to that of their lesser-known counterparts around the web. Until then, the best we can say is that neither Kiper or McShay is extraordinarily good at what they are paid to do, or even better than the other at doing it.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-03-2013, 12:34 PM
This is the curse of being a Chiefs fan.

keg in kc
04-03-2013, 12:37 PM
This is the curse of being a Chiefs fan.Our curse is lending too much credence to a single tweet?

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-03-2013, 12:39 PM

Blackmoron thinks you're gay and lives in the same town so he wants to pay you $500 to service him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-03-2013, 01:06 PM
ARN Sports@arnsports

OLB Kourtnei Brown worked out for the Kansas City Chiefs today.

He comes from the Redskins

Niiiiiice. Lande's horseshit....negated.
Posted via Mobile Device

penbrook
04-03-2013, 01:08 PM
PFCentral is reporting that the Chiefs are very high on Joeckel, Floyd, Fisher, and Loutelili.

There also not ruling out a trade down to get Geno.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-03-2013, 01:10 PM
The purpose of having BC was that I could hand deliver him $500. Because we live in the same city.

I will take the bet if both you and Sweet "Gay as Fuck" Willie agree to leave forever.

Oohh! Feelin' a little choco-deficiency? Dont blame ya. Your team is a huge, flaming bag of dogshit compared to even the lowly Chiefs. And I dont do "leave forever". This my home, motherfucker; you're just a trolling yardworker. Now go clean up RunKC's feces off my fucking lawn, nOOb.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-03-2013, 01:13 PM
PFCentral is reporting that the Chiefs are very high on Joeckel, Floyd, Fisher, and Loutelili.

There also not ruling out a trade down to get Geno.

If they could recoup a pick AND get Geno down the line, that would be acceptable. However, who the fuck is going to partner up and not take Geno? Who the fuck else is worth that pick? No one, that's who.
Posted via Mobile Device

penbrook
04-03-2013, 01:16 PM
If they could recoup a pick AND get Geno down the line, that would be acceptable. However, who the **** is going to partner up and not take Geno? Who the **** else is worth that pick? No one, that's who.
Posted via Mobile Device

Joeckel. Everyone is praising him and saying he is once in a decade LT.

Eagles, Lions, Cardinals could all use a OL.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Because Russ "Nassib is the #1 QB in this class" Lande said it? Fuck no. Dude doesn't know shit.

This. We have NO reason to not talk Geno ALL the fucking way to the draft now. Deal with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

penbrook
04-03-2013, 01:18 PM
Chiefs sign OL Tommie Draheim per Aaron Wilson.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Joeckel. Everyone is praising him and saying he is once in a decade LT.

Eagles, Lions, Cardinals could all use a OL.

Well I hope it plays that way but surely no one with even a fucking ounce of football knowledge thinks that's true? If that pudgy, slow-assed motherfucker is "generational", my name is Willy fucking Wonka.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Chiefs sign OL Tommie Draheim per Aaron Wilson.

Sweeeeeeeet. Moves are tellin' teh tale.
Posted via Mobile Device

penbrook
04-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Sweeeeeeeet. Moves are tellin' teh tale.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tommie Draheim comes from the Packers. He has played Center before but is a Tackle.

aturnis
04-03-2013, 01:37 PM
This report brought to you by Russel Lande.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Tommie Draheim comes from the Packers. He has played Center before but is a Tackle.

Awesome.
Posted via Mobile Device

TEX
04-03-2013, 01:43 PM

The Packers OL sucks.

penbrook
04-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Eagles RB Dion Lewis is on the trading block. People think the Chiefs could be interested.

MahiMike
04-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Dion Jordan is this year's Demarcus Ware. Sure would like to see him on the team.

Messier
04-03-2013, 02:05 PM
The Packers OL sucks.

This kid spent most of the season on the Seahawks.

Setsuna
04-03-2013, 02:09 PM
ROFLLMAOLMAOROFLROFL told you. Where is dtchiefs or whatever his name is? No trade down and no Geno. Don't ever laugh at my organization ever again in light of this. And we either draft Geno or draft Fisher or Joker to trade with someone further down who will draft Geno for us OR we trade down and get him ourselves.

The Franchise
04-03-2013, 02:09 PM
ROFLLMAOLMAOROFLROFL told you. Where us dtchiefs our whatever his name is? No trade down and no Geno. Don't ever laugh at my organization ever again in light of this. And we either draft Geno or draft Fisher or Joker to trade with someone further down who will draft Geno for us OR we trade down and get him ourselves.

Dude....once again....it's Russ fucking Lande who said this. It's all speculative bullshit.

penbrook
04-03-2013, 02:10 PM
This kid spent most of the season on the Seahawks.

Actually he was on 4 teams in 2012.

penbrook
04-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Dude....once again....it's Russ ****ing Lande who said this. It's all speculative bullshit.

Lande has improved. In his latest mock draft he has Nassib at #8 and Geno out of the top 10.

penbrook
04-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Fucking Mike Mayock is defending the writer who criticized Genos work ethic..

Gravedigger
04-03-2013, 02:19 PM
ROFLLMAOLMAOROFLROFL told you. Where is dtchiefs or whatever his name is? No trade down and no Geno. Don't ever laugh at my organization ever again in light of this. And we either draft Geno or draft Fisher or Joker to trade with someone further down who will draft Geno for us OR we trade down and get him ourselves.

We call your team a shitty team because your team is a shitty team.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-03-2013, 02:20 PM
The Packers OL sucks.
Not any more.

AlexSmithDynasty
04-03-2013, 02:34 PM
LOL Geno must have killed that private workout. Probably didn't help Geno that had his workout was when Alex was also at the facility. Reid and crew got to see live comparison between the two and obviously Geno didn't stack up.

penbrook
04-03-2013, 02:36 PM
LOL Geno must have killed that private workout. Probably didn't help Geno that had his workout was when Alex was also at the facility. Reid and crew got to see live comparison between the two and obviously Geno didn't stack up.

WVU QB Geno Smith visits the#Eagles *today. He had a very long visit with the*#Chiefs *on Tuesday (lasted several hours).

Mr. Laz
04-03-2013, 02:36 PM
wow ... your troll shit is getting weaker by the minute

The Franchise
04-03-2013, 02:39 PM

Yeah....because it's hard to outshine a guy who throws 17 TDs in 16 games.

AlexSmithDynasty
04-03-2013, 02:47 PM
Yeah....because it's hard to outshine a guy who throws 17 TDs in 16 games.

Well obviously he didn't. Reid has his choice of which Smith he wants and he chose Alex.

crazycoffey
04-03-2013, 02:49 PM
LOL

Don't let the geno gladiators hear that. How can geno's superior bone structure and muscle mass not be impressive?!?

penbrook
04-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Don't let the geno gladiators hear that. How can geno's superior bone structure and muscle mass not be impressive?!?

WVU QB Geno Smith visits the#Eagles *today. He had a very long visit with the*#Chiefs *on Tuesday (lasted several hours).

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Geno at the helm of a juggs machine can out-pass Alex. Geno with a millstone around his neck while being chased by a rabid pitbull is more mobile and better on the run than Alex. Alex is the latest poster child for everything retarded about the Chiefs and the QB position.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just Passin' By
04-03-2013, 02:57 PM

Why are you repeatedly posting that as if it means something?

Canofbier
04-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Why are you repeatedly posting that as if it means something?

Why do you have such a plain-looking woman in your avatar? :D

(Not that I condone penbook, but I've always wondered)

patteeu
04-03-2013, 03:20 PM

Maybe it lasted several hours because they refused to give him hints when he was trying to diagram a play on the white board.

AlexSmithDynasty
04-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Maybe it lasted several hours because they refused to give him hints when he was trying to diagram a play on the white board.

:clap:

Sorter
04-03-2013, 03:42 PM

While I lol'd, WCO terminology is pretty weird when you first encounter it. Formations are colors, stuff is switched around, protection can be screwy. I don't fault any of the guys coming out for struggling with it sans Barkley, because that's supposedly the terminology he's had for 4 years.

Although, if Lane is as bad a teacher/coach as I suspect, then it makes sense.

penbrook
04-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Chris Carter said Dwayne Bowe has Elite potential but cant say hes a top 5 reciever because of the qb play.

58-4ever
04-03-2013, 04:12 PM
Chris Carter said Dwayne Bowe has Elite potential but cant say hes a top 5 reciever because of the qb play.

The same guy who said Bowe was the biggest bone head in the league? I liked Carter as a player, but he's an asshole.

patteeu
04-03-2013, 04:13 PM
While I lol'd, WCO terminology is pretty weird when you first encounter it. Formations are colors, stuff is switched around, protection can be screwy. I don't fault any of the guys coming out for struggling with it sans Barkley, because that's supposedly the terminology he's had for 4 years.

Although, if Lane is as bad a teacher/coach as I suspect, then it makes sense.

I believe you. I'm just responding in a silly way to penbook's silly, meaningless post that he keeps repeating.

penbrook
04-03-2013, 04:16 PM
So Geno Smith and Ziggy Ansah visited the Eagles today, and Oregon OLB Dion Jordan and Central Michigan OT Eric Fisher come in tonight.

TribalElder
04-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Geno now not in the list?

Get your sporks out

HonestChieffan
04-03-2013, 04:18 PM

Racist

patteeu
04-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Racist

I had bad things to say about Larry Johnson, another black man, too, so I must be.

Just Passin' By
04-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Racist

LMAO

Sorter
04-03-2013, 05:08 PM
I believe you. I'm just responding in a silly way to penbook's silly, meaningless post that he keeps repeating.

Just wanted to share some light on it, I thought the post was funny.

I'll probably do a nice big WCO thread sometime after May. I'm going to miss hearing "Omaha" and then reading about how people think it's a CWM. ROFL.

Sorter
04-03-2013, 05:09 PM
I had bad things to say about Larry Johnson, another black man, too, so I must be.

But you do have bad things to say about Jordan Black, right? Can't be racist if so.

Although his last name is Black...

penbrook
04-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Albert Breer says Eagles interest in Geno is lukewarm. Saying its highely unlikely they will draft him.

Hammock Parties
04-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Albert Breer says Eagles interest in Geno is lukewarm. Saying its highely unlikely they will draft him.

I wish Geno well in the CFL

penbrook
04-03-2013, 05:21 PM

Hell since nobody wants him. He might be a UDFA.

R8RFAN
You're a Raiders fan. You go to a Chiefs board and make demands about the kind of Chiefs content you see?

Go away.

The Raiders are more likely to pick Geno than the Cheaps....

Bank it.... Geno will not be taken in the top 20, Ideal situation is he get picked by The Donks and sit behind waiting for someone to take neckbone out of the NFL

Sweet Daddy Hate

Boy, you trippin'.
Posted via Mobile Device

penbrook
04-03-2013, 05:23 PM

Bank it.... Geno will not be taken in the top 20, Ideal situation is he get picked by The Donks and sit behind waiting for someone to take neckbone out of the NFL

They drafted Osweiler last year.

penbrook
04-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Boy, you trippin'.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs are drafting Geno..

He met with Chiefs Officials for several hours yesterday and they came away impressed per Adam Caplan.

Sorter
04-03-2013, 05:25 PM

Sig bet?

Ming the Merciless
04-03-2013, 05:26 PM
op is a fag

http://anongallery.org/img/7630/meanwhile-at-ops-house.jpg

patteeu
04-03-2013, 05:30 PM
But you do have bad things to say about Jordan Black, right? Can't be racist if so.

Although his last name is Black...

I'm not black like Barry Frank White, no I am white like Frank Jordan Black is

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-03-2013, 05:31 PM

He met with Chiefs Officials for several hours yesterday and they came away impressed per Adam Caplan.

They came away with wet, choco-semen covered lips is what they did! Amiright???
Posted via Mobile Device

penbrook
04-03-2013, 05:33 PM
They came away with wet, choco-semen covered lips is what they did! Amiright???
Posted via Mobile Device

Your 100% right on.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-03-2013, 05:34 PM

Mitch Holtus spoke to Dorsey today and said that Dorsey mentioned repeatedly that the Chiefs are just doing their due-dilegence in evaluating players. Don't read too much into the meeting yesterday.

Sassy Squatch
04-03-2013, 05:38 PM
JFC what is Dorsey going to say? "LOL that geno guy sucks Lolz" Its all about making it appear we are interested. We very well could be and that's fine and dandy but reading too much into those comments is just silly

penbrook
04-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Mitch Holtus spoke to Dorsey today and said that Dorsey mentioned repeatedly that the Chiefs are just doing their due-dilegence in evaluating players. Don't read too much into the meeting yesterday.

Link?

Mr_Tomahawk
04-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Link?

He was on 810 speaking to Kevin about it around 5:15 today...

I am sure others heard it and can chime in.

penbrook
04-03-2013, 05:41 PM
He was on 810 speaking to Kevin about it around 5:15 today...

I am sure others heard it and can chime in.

Ok thanks. Did Mitch mention who Dorsey is leaning towards drafting?

Mr_Tomahawk
04-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Ok thanks. Did Mitch mention who Dorsey is leaning towards drafting?

Nope.

MotherfuckerJones
04-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Nope.

Ya ofcourse he isnt.

R8RFAN
04-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Sig bet?

The minute I agree he would go 19th

No

Sorter
04-03-2013, 05:49 PM

No

ROFL

penbrook
04-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Warren Sapp is a retard. There re doing the 2009 draft and they replaced T Jax with Foster. Sapo hello you do know we have Charles.

MotherfuckerJones
04-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Foster and Charles would be sick!

I just have a hard time believing teams will pass on Geno in the top 10 considering Gabbert, Locker, Ponder went fairly high.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-03-2013, 05:55 PM

No

Man you backed down quick on that. Cmon you gotta man up and take Sorter's bet.

penbrook
04-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Foster and Charles would be sick!

I just have a hard time believing teams will pass on Geno in the top 10 considering Gabbert, Locker, Ponder went fairly high.

I doubt Mitch Holthus was on. If he was you would think somebody would of said something.

Jerm
04-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Putting all my eggs in the Dion Jordan bucket...seems like the most plausible option opposed to an OL.

MotherfuckerJones
04-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Jordan was my pick in the ALT Mock draft in draft planet

penbrook
04-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Putting all my eggs in the Dion Jordan bucket...seems like the most plausible option opposed to an OL.

So Dion Jordan will be riding the bench?

Hali and Houston are starters. Where would Jordan go?

Sorter
04-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Man you backed down quick on that. Cmon you gotta man up and take Sorter's bet.

Boxxy would be a good look for him.

Jerm
04-03-2013, 06:01 PM

It'd be the same scenario with Geno so what does it matter...

And Jordan would see plenty of the field...sub and blitz packages, hell putting all 3 on the field at once.

Bump
04-03-2013, 06:01 PM

it's a passing league. Can't have too many pass rushers. I'm sure they could come up with something to get all 3 on at the same time.

Buckweath
04-03-2013, 06:02 PM

He could be our aldon smith.

penbrook
04-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Maybe Jordan can play ILB

Sorter
04-03-2013, 06:04 PM

If you really think there aren't ways to get Jordan/Ansah/Mingo on the field because we have Tamba and Houston, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm sure the Ravens are so sad because they have no way to get Courtney Upshaw on the field with Dumervil and Suggs (inb4 they'll just move Upshaw to the TED). Almost as sad as the Texans were in having Williams, Reed, and Barwin. Or Barwin, Reed, and Mercilus.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-03-2013, 06:05 PM
It'd be a better pick than a damn tackle. The Geno dream is dead.

MotherfuckerJones
04-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Jordan is 6'6" he isnt playing ILB ROFL

MotherfuckerJones
04-03-2013, 06:07 PM
With the passing league it is today I would love the Jordan pick. Or any top pass rusher for that matter. Tamba isnt getting any younger plus it would add great depth and multiple looks

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-03-2013, 06:19 PM
It'd be a better pick than a damn tackle. The Geno dream is dead.

Says you. I'm riding the Geno train until the victorious end. Bookmark it!
Posted via Mobile Device

penbrook
04-03-2013, 06:22 PM
Says you. I'm riding the Geno train until the victorious end. Bookmark it!
Posted via Mobile Device

Im with you!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-03-2013, 06:27 PM
Im with you!!

Penbook: a poster of the now. Hip, visionary, unswayed by popular opinion, and in command of his destiny. Ride the tiger, man!
Posted via Mobile Device

jspchief
04-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Jordan is certainly a more exciting pick than a tackle. As a fan its more fun. And a pass rusher can impact a game in noticeable ways.

And while Hali and Houston are very good, neither is an athlete on the level of Jordan.

That said, the move probably makes even less sense than tackle.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Jordan is certainly a more exciting pick than a tackle. As a fan its more fun. And a pass rusher can impact a game in noticeable ways.

And while Hali and Houston are very good, neither is an athlete on the level of Jordan.

That said, the move probably makes even less sense than tackle.

If he has the potential for DT-like greatness, I could get down with that. If we're hell-bent on recreating the Martyocre era, we musn't skip the important details!
Posted via Mobile Device

MotherfuckerJones
04-03-2013, 06:46 PM
IMO we need an impact player. LTs don't have big impacts like a dynamic pass rusher

jd34
04-03-2013, 07:17 PM

Raiders just picked up Matt Flynn who should be the starter with Tyrelle Pryor backing up. I doubt they would use their pick on a QB that has some question marks. They have a ton of needs plus a big cap problem. There will be numerous players available when they pick that will be more help to them this season than Smith.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-03-2013, 07:38 PM
I really,really want Jordan after watching his highlight video. Dude is quick around the edge. He'll be a probowler

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-03-2013, 07:40 PM
Casserly was asked which of the QBs in the draft are starters for a team. He said NONE. And then followed up by saying as he went through all of them none of them are as good as Alex Smith.

Put that in your pipe you Geno humpers !

penbrook
04-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Casserly was asked which of the QBs in the draft are starters for a team. He said NONE. And then followed up by saying as he went through all of them none of them are as good as Alex Smith.

Put that in your pipe you Geno humpers !

So hes saying no qb in this draft can throw for 17 tds this season. Casserly needs to get checked out than.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-03-2013, 07:45 PM
Casserly is a pickle-fucking retard, and YOU would be happy if the Chiefs put a hog in fucking shoulder pads and called him a first round pick!
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-03-2013, 07:47 PM
Casserly is a pickle-fucking retard, and YOU would be happy if the Chiefs put a hog in fucking shoulder pads and called him a first round pick!
Posted via Mobile Device

NO ! Do not want Joekel !

penbrook
04-03-2013, 07:48 PM
NO ! Do not want Joekel !

If we are gonna go O lineman I pray to god it better be Fisher.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-03-2013, 07:52 PM
If we are gonna go O lineman I pray to god it better be Fisher.

What's wrong with Andre Smith ? Isn't he a RT and pretty solid ? He's still out there. We could pick him up and draft Jordan and prolly play in the SB this year.

penbrook
04-03-2013, 07:58 PM
What's wrong with Andre Smith ? Isn't he a RT and pretty solid ? He's still out there. We could pick him up and draft Jordan and prolly play in the SB this year.

You do understand he would want around 5 mil. We have 4.8 in cap space. Where is this money to sign draft picks gonna come from.

Sorter
04-03-2013, 07:58 PM

wut

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-03-2013, 08:00 PM
wut

I said prolly.