PDA

View Full Version : Poop Do the people around you know you post on CP?

mr. tegu
04-04-2013, 10:26 AM
I was wondering, do the people in your real life know that you spend time on CP? Do you tell them willingly and unprovoked? Or are they so intrigued by how smart you are that they ask where you got your vast array of knowledge and simply most know how they too can be enlightened?

Bowser
04-04-2013, 10:30 AM
No way do I give up my secret identity and ruin my superhero status around here.

Discuss Thrower
04-04-2013, 10:32 AM
My posts get stalked by a Lambs fan buddy of mine. Hopefully Cardinals baseball will distract the dude for a while. Also, he refuses to post.

WV
04-04-2013, 10:33 AM
http://www.lolbrary.com/content/684/real-life-10684.jpg

Donger
04-04-2013, 10:33 AM
I find your questions to be intrusive and unnecessary.

bevischief
04-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Yes. My wife lurks here. She has an account but something like 20 posts or so. But no one up here.

Direckshun
04-04-2013, 10:40 AM
A couple folks do. I'm not shy about it, but it never comes up in conversation because the second you start a conversation with the phrase "this Chiefs board I regular" you might as well tell everybody at the bar you have avian bird flu.

Donger
04-04-2013, 10:41 AM
A couple folks do. I'm not shy about it, but it never comes up in conversation because the second you start a conversation with the phrase "this Chiefs board I regular" you might as well tell everybody at the bar you have avian bird flu.

That's better than avian canine flu, I think.

blaise
04-04-2013, 10:42 AM
No. I don't tell people.

Sofa King
04-04-2013, 10:42 AM
My brother lurks here. Doesn't post though. Not even sure he knows my username.

FRCDFED
04-04-2013, 10:44 AM
As a member of CP I feel as if I am a member of a secret society where knowledge and information flow freely.

To tell others is a violation of the code!

ChiTown
04-04-2013, 10:44 AM
ONLY THE SHADOW KNOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUUUUUUUUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

gblowfish
04-04-2013, 10:47 AM
The first rule about CP is, don't talk about CP!!!

bevischief
04-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Also my brother posts here, but he is just not a computer guy.

seclark
04-04-2013, 11:35 AM
I don't know about family or friends...if they do, they've never mentioned it to me.

had a ex-boss mention it to me one time. all he said was, "chiefs planet". I think he went to school with extreme chief(if I remember right), and somehow my name came up.
sec

frankotank
04-04-2013, 11:39 AM
good question!
when sharing any CP stuff...this place really is hilarious sometimes....I simple refer to it as "the Chiefs site".....keeping it all on the downlow yo.

InChiefsHeaven
04-04-2013, 11:45 AM
I just call it "the Planet". Most of my friends know what I mean. One of them, a Donks fan, is the guy who turned me on to the place. Ironic, I know.

Funny story, I went to buy smokes at the Casey's down the street, and the guy behind the counter is a Donkey fan. We always exchange friendly banter. Somehow it came up about some trade rumor that a buddy of his heard about. I asked where he heard it, he said "It's a Chiefs website called ChiefsPlanet".

Wow.

Craqhead
04-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Some people know. Most don't.

Rain Man
04-04-2013, 11:52 AM
My wife tells people, but I don't. I cringe every time she mentions it, because this is my fortress of solitude and I don't want real people coming here. I like interacting with you people who don't really exist.

mr. tegu
04-04-2013, 12:10 PM
My wife tells people, but I don't. I cringe every time she mentions it, because this is my fortress of solitude and I don't want real people coming here. I like interacting with you people who don't really exist.

Do we exist? That depends on whether or not our reality/existence has to also occur outside of your mind.

NewChief
04-04-2013, 12:12 PM

This.

Some of my friends know I post on a "Chiefs message board," but they don't know which one.

Sfeihc
04-04-2013, 12:32 PM
good question!
when sharing any CP stuff...this place really is hilarious sometimes....I simple refer to it as "the Chiefs site".....keeping it all on the downlow yo.

The other day on Twitter I had some jackhole tell me I should go join Chiefs Planet. LMAO He was tweeting some conspiracy theory about Tamba Hali.:spock: I told him he was earning an unfollow one tweet at a time. :shake:Then the jackhole in question went all Simply Red on my timeline. :pUnfollow earned. :thumb:

blaise
04-04-2013, 12:34 PM
The other day on Twitter I had some jackhole tell me I should go join Chiefs Planet. LMAO He was tweeting some conspiracy theory about Tamba Hali.:spock: I told him he was earning an unfollow one tweet at a time. :shake:Then the jackhole in question went all Simply Red on my timeline. :pUnfollow earned. :thumb:

Sometimes I wonder if people I follow or who follow me are on CP and neither of us realize who the other is on the board.

frankotank
04-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Sometimes I wonder if people I follow or who follow me are on CP and neither of us realize who the other is on the board.

in twitter.....I'm BATMAN! :thumb:

Sfeihc
04-04-2013, 12:40 PM

The way this cat destroyed my timeline I think he my have got run off from CP. I should have cut and pasted it here for all to enjoy. Dude called me a fake fairweather fan. To which I replied so I guess that makes me a fan then.

DaFace
04-04-2013, 12:50 PM
It's pretty common knowledge among people I know. I reference CP a lot, especially with regard to fan sentiment.

patteeu
04-04-2013, 01:11 PM

LMAO I'm sure that if you told them you have over 30K posts, that would make things right though.

patteeu
04-04-2013, 01:14 PM
This.

Some of my friends know I post on a "Chiefs message board," but they don't know which one.

BTW, what's Trent's username? It better not be penbook.

Kerberos
04-04-2013, 01:21 PM
ONLY THE SHADOW KNOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUUUUUUUUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

How bout the knob gobbler in the salon??? you don't tell her your secrets?? :)

BlackHelicopters
04-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Only wifey knows. But she knows all. Even that time in college when I was experimenting................

Rain Man
04-04-2013, 03:57 PM
How bout the knob gobbler in the salon??? you don't tell her your secrets?? :)

She knows, but it's impolite to talk with her mouth full.

crossbow
04-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Gawd no. I want to GAIN people's respect not lose it. Geez.

Actually, I tell people about it and encourage them to join in the fun.

Dayze
04-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Nope. Though I've seen a guy on war paint. Tried my hardest not to laugh in his face.

Cephalic Trauma
04-04-2013, 05:50 PM
http://www.lolbrary.com/content/684/real-life-10684.jpg

LMAOLMAO

Raiderhater
04-04-2013, 06:02 PM
My family knows that I frequent a Chiefs board but don't know anything about it because they aren't really into the BBSing thing. A few friends are in the same catagory. I don't mind telling people about it and getting them to join if I think they will actually add to the community. But the people who might actually have a desire to get involved also think we should an OT with the first overal pick. I'm not bringing them here.

It's funny though when I bring the Planet into real life situations. I can say something about an aids tree and people just look at me like "WTF?". :)