PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Kansas City Chiefs GM John Dorsey explains plan for No. 1 pick

ShowtimeSBMVP
04-04-2013, 12:53 PM
By Albert Breer
Reporter, NFL.com and NFL Network
Published: April 4, 2013 at 02:28 p.m.
Updated: April 4, 2013 at 02:42 p.m.
0 Likes | 0 Comments

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Relaxed and easygoing as he might be on this day, Kansas City Chiefs general manager John Dorsey had to know the question was coming, particularly since West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith's flight into town was already airborne.
Mock draft central

In his first year on the job, Dorsey has the draft's first pick. His move will set the table for everyone else, and his job is to get the most value out of that commodity. The best way to do that, of course, is to generate a market for the pick by manufacturing the impression that the Chiefs, in fact, like everyone.

And as I floated that well-worn idea to Dorsey, his back straightened and he stopped me.

"It's not creating a belief, it's the truth," Dorsey sharply responded. "We've said all along it's a process, and that process will not be finalized, that board will not be set, until four days before the draft. That's the way that whole process works itself out. There are different phases that you go through. I mean, right now, I just walked downstairs and we're in a different phase right now. We're going back as a group and assessing all the different positions."

Still, there's very little question that the focus in Kansas City is squarely on the first pick -- the Chiefs' aren't scheduled to pick again until No. 63 overall -- and that focus is now narrowing.

It wouldn't make much sense for Dorsey and the Chiefs to tip their hand now on exactly who they're targeting, since, again, that might limit the value of the pick itself. But internally, there has been a process of elimination and an identification of "finalists" with the draft three weeks away.

"True contenders?" Dorsey quizzically uttered, before pausing and counting them in his head. "We've gotten it down to four."

There's a shell game to this final phase of it, too.

Yes, the Chiefs brought in Smith, but they already gave up two high picks, including the 34th overall selection in this draft, to acquire Alex Smith from the San Francisco 49ers. That trade, plus the split opinion league-wide on Smith's ability, cast plenty of doubt on the possibility of Kansas City taking the plunge on the West Virginia star -- doubt that Dorsey does his best to dispel.

"There always can be a quarterback," he said. "We're gonna take the best player. I stand by that. And what I use as an example is that we were lucky enough to get Aaron Rodgers (in Green Bay). We were questioned about that, but we stood patiently for three years with him. We can stand patiently another three if we have to. At the end of the day, you want to do what's best for your organization, present and future. And if it happens to be the quarterback, we'll take the quarterback."

On the topic of Smith, Dorsey added: "Physically, he was very impressive at the combine, and we watched his pro day three times. When he threw, it was very impressive."

But if it's not the quarterback? That's where it gets interesting, because the guys who seem like better Chiefs fits aren't exactly being courted in the same manner Geno has been in K.C.

With left tackle Branden Albert's future uncertain, Texas A&M's Luke Joeckel and Central Michigan's Eric Fisher both would seem to be firmly in the mix. Neither is slated to visit. The Chiefs also spent considerable time kicking the tires on Oregon's Dion Jordan and Florida's Sharrif Floyd after the NFL Scouting Combine. Yet, those two aren't scheduled either, at least at this point, to go to Kansas City and meet the brass.

This could all be part of the club gaming the system, and other teams.

Internally, obviously, there are answers to all these questions. Every day, Dorsey sits down with Chiefs head coach Andy Reid at 6:30 in the morning, again at lunch and a final time at night to talk things over. In the final 10 days, the GM says, Reid will become more involved in draft meetings, as the scouts trickle in with their field work complete. The hope is, by then, Dorsey has been sold on one of the four.

"In a second, that could happen," Dorsey explained. "Sitting down and overwhelming somebody with their depth of knowledge of the offensive scheme and how quick they can put it up, and combine that with the on-the-field skills, and you go, 'Holy s---, he's got it.' It could be an interview at the combine, it could be his pro day at the school. There are different variables, and all of a sudden the light goes on and you're going, 'That's the guy!' It happens in a multitude of ways."

Whether that moment of clarity comes or not, Dorsey continued, there needs to "come a point after you sit here and listen to all the scouts, you sit and listen to the coaches, you sit and talk with the medical staff, and then you sit and talk with the head coach, and then you say, 'This is the guy, and here's why.' And everyone says, 'OK.' Then you know that's the guy."

Win a chance to announce a pick live at the 2013 NFL Draft. Enter now!

And if your head isn't spinning quite enough yet, there's also a chance that the Chiefs a) aren't sold on any of the guys there or b) simply believe there's better value drafting eighth or 10th or 12th. In either case, they might test the trade waters.

For now, Dorsey is willing to admit he's open to entertaining the idea.

"Yeah," Dorsey said. "I'm open to what's best for this organization. I know I have the option to take the best player there. But if somebody calls me up and says, 'We're willing to move up, here's what we have to offer,' I see it, weigh it, listen to compensation and make a decision on what's best."

The new GM spent the last 22 seasons working his way up through the Packers' personnel department. The average draft slot for Green Bay during that span? No. 20. Not only has Dorsey not worked for a team picking first before, but he's only been a part of the process with four top-10 picks in his entire scouting career: CB Terrell Buckley (No. 5 overall in 1992), Jamal Reynolds (10, 2001), A.J. Hawk (5, 2006) and B.J. Raji (9, 2009).

That makes these waters a bit uncharted for him. He knows there are different dynamics with it. He mentioned Rodgers again as a model of a player who handled the kind of pressure the first pick will be under (though he wasn't the first pick, he was replacing a legend), and said, "I think any one of the four guys that we're targeting right now can handle that."

He's also aware that, as a first-time GM, his actions on this pick will loom large when his prowess as a decision-maker is assessed.

At least outwardly, though, he's trying to look at the top pick like any other selection.

"A personnel guy always wants to get his pick right," Dorsey said. "We live that every year. We want to make sure the pick is right. This one happens to be the first pick in the draft. We're gonna try to make it right. You guys can put the pressure on us -- 'Holy crap, it's the No. 1 pick!' It's the No. 1 pick. We're gonna do the best we can."

And as the process typically proves, getting the most out of a top pick often goes far beyond simply identifying a top player

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 1m

Nugget from my KC/Dorsey story -- Geno visited Chiefs. But Joeckel, Fisher, Floyd, Jordan aren't slated to. #Poker http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap

penbrook
04-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Yes the Choco Penii hope is still alive.

Ace Gunner
04-04-2013, 01:08 PM
I run a service oriented company. I make bids for services and those bids are put together by my staff and I, then I make the final call on the quote -- the bid. That is almost exactly how I do it.

-King-
04-04-2013, 01:16 PM
"There always can be a quarterback," he said. "We're gonna take the best player. I stand by that. And what I use as an example is that we were lucky enough to get Aaron Rodgers (in Green Bay). We were questioned about that, but we stood patiently for three years with him. We can stand patiently another three if we have to. At the end of the day, you want to do what's best for your organization, present and future. And if it happens to be the quarterback, we'll take the quarterback."

:( They really need to stop giving me hope.

The Franchise
04-04-2013, 01:17 PM
One long article......not a damn thing said.

penbrook
04-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Its gonna be Geno. Count on it.

B14ckmon
04-04-2013, 01:19 PM

You are going to look like an epic idiot when they don't lol

B14ckmon
04-04-2013, 01:19 PM
:( They really need to stop giving me hope.

If they hope to trade down, they have no choice but to say these things.

Canofbier
04-04-2013, 01:26 PM
He didn't say anything particularly unexpected, but I'm glad to hear from Dorsey himself that they're taking a reasonable approach to our pick.

penbrook
04-04-2013, 01:26 PM
If they hope to trade down, they have no choice but to say these things.

And there gonna trade down with who?

HemiEd
04-04-2013, 01:33 PM

This, I stared skimming 1/3 way though it.

Frankie
04-04-2013, 01:36 PM

I doubt it very much. But if they do this it's with the idea of trading him to another team who might not have taken the bait pre-draft. It would be a ballsy move if they ever do this.

penbrook
04-04-2013, 01:40 PM
So Chip Kelly says qb battle between Foles and Vick.

You can rule out Geno at #4

BossChief
04-04-2013, 01:50 PM

Really?

penbrook
04-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Really?

He just doesnt want to admit that Geno could be the pick.

loochy
04-04-2013, 01:54 PM
PENBOOK SIGHTING

Frankie
04-04-2013, 01:57 PM
So Chip Kelly says qb battle between Foles and Vick.

You can rule out Geno at #4

:facepalm:

I'd like to play poker with you some time.

BossChief
04-04-2013, 02:00 PM
If I had posted this thread, I'd have titled it:

Dorsey: we could take Geno and develop him like we did Rodgers

Or something like that.

Deberg_1990
04-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Translation:

Joeckel, Joeckel, Joeckel!!

BossChief
04-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Translation:

Joeckel, Joeckel, Joeckel!!

Possibly.

penbrook
04-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Possibly.

It could possibly translate to Geno, Geno, Geno.

RunKC
04-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Or Fisher, Fisher, Fisher!

Or Jordan, Jordan, Jordan!

Carlota69
04-04-2013, 02:17 PM
:facepalm:

I'd like to play poker with you some time.

I know, right? I want in on that game.

thabear04
04-04-2013, 02:26 PM

You might be right.

Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher will not visit with K.C. Chiefs

Pre-draft visits mean very little. Whether a team is trying to feign interest in a player or whether they are just performing due diligence, it's foolish to read much into what players visit what teams.

The Kansas City Chiefs are a perfect example. While they notably hosted West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith for a visit, we're more interested in the players that they haven't brought in-house.

NFL.com's Albert Breer reported Wednesday that Texas A&M's Luke Joeckel and Central Michigan's Eric Fisher both are not slated to visit. The Chiefs also spent considerable timing kicking the tires on Oregon's Dion Jordan and Florida's Sharrif Floyd after the NFL Scouting Combine. Those two aren't scheduled to meet with the Kansas City brass, either.

GM John Dorsey told Breer that the Chiefs have narrowed down their potential No. 1 picks to four players. While it's impossible to confirm the identity of those four players, the consensus buzz in league circles would be: Joeckel, Fisher, Jordan and Floyd. And yet none of them are scheduled to visit Kansas City.

Something tells me the Chiefs have done plenty of work on all four of them anyhow.

MahiMike
04-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Holy crap, it's the No. 1 pick!

Ming the Merciless
04-04-2013, 02:27 PM
I run a service oriented company. I make bids for services and those bids are put together by my staff and I, then I make the final call on the quote -- the bid. That is almost exactly how I do it.

you decide how much you charge to suck dick and get fucked in the ass and your pimp finalizes the price or slaps you in the face if you dont suck enuf donk

MahiMike
04-04-2013, 02:31 PM
you decide how much you charge to suck dick and get ****ed in the ass and your pimp finalizes the price or slaps you in the face if you dont suck enuf donk

Well, isn't that special?

The Bad Guy
04-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Penbook, no matter how many times you post Geno's going to be the pick, book it or whatever, doesn't increase or decrease the likelihood of it happening.

ModSocks
04-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Penbook, no matter how many times you post Geno's going to be the pick, book it or whatever, doesn't increase or decrease the likelihood of it happening.

Do YOU think Geno is going to be the pick?

The Bad Guy
04-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Do YOU think Geno is going to be the pick?

My gut feeling says no.

I hope I'm wrong though.

AdumbGuy
04-04-2013, 02:41 PM
He didn't say anything particularly unexpected, but I'm glad to hear from Dorsey himself that they're taking a reasonable approach to our pick.

This.

As wary as the the Alex Smith debacle has made me, they certainly don't sound like idiots.

ModSocks
04-04-2013, 02:41 PM
My gut feeling says no.

I hope I'm wrong though.

My gut feeling says yes, but the logical side of me says no.

I'm not saying picking Geno is illogical, i just doubt they would do it.

Two weeks away.....

AdumbGuy
04-04-2013, 02:42 PM
Or Fisher, Fisher, Fisher!

Or Jordan, Jordan, Jordan!

Nobody ever says T'eo, T'eo, T'eo!

Literally. His GF was imaginary, I heard.

patteeu
04-04-2013, 02:44 PM
By Albert Breer

On the topic of Smith, Dorsey added: "Physically, he was very impressive at the combine, and we watched his pro day three times. When he threw, it was very impressive."

Sounds like a huge red flag to me. Dorsey goes out of his way to praise Geno physically. I take that to mean they're not in love with his intangibles and/or the mental part of his game.

ModSocks
04-04-2013, 02:45 PM
This.

As wary as the the Alex Smith debacle has made me, they certainly don't sound like idiots.

And they'll look like geniuses if their TC roster features 3 brand new QB's.

Alex Smiff (Win now and make the team respectable again)
Chase Daniel (good backup with a high IQ. Should be decent insurance)
Geno Smiff (get him in early and let him ride the bench, refine his mechanics and master the system)
Ricky Stanzi (if he makes it to TC)

It's not far fetched to believe that their master plan, this entire time, was to completely revamp the QB position through any means necessary.

ModSocks
04-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Sounds like a huge red flag to me. Dorsey goes out of his way to praise Geno physically. I take that to mean they're not in love with his intangibles and/or the mental part of his game.

That's because you always take the anti-Geno spin on everything.

It could simply mean that....gasp....they were impressed by his physical ability. Nothing more, nothing less.

penbrook
04-04-2013, 02:47 PM
And they'll look like geniuses if their TC roster features 3 brand new QB's.

Alex Smiff (Win now and make the team respectable again)
Chase Daniel (good backup with a high IQ. Should be decent insurance)
Geno Smiff (get him in earl and let him ride the bench, refine his mechanics and master the system)
Ricky Stanzi (if he makes it to TC)

It's not far fetched to believe that their master plan, this entire time, was to completely revamp the QB position through any means necessary.

This.

patteeu
04-04-2013, 02:53 PM

It could simply mean that....gasp....they were impressed by his physical ability. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah, it could mean that, but I bet it doesn't.

AdumbGuy
04-04-2013, 02:54 PM

I saw that too, but look at what he says about figuring out who the top guy will be and how it'll suddenly click that he gets it. I figure that's more important for the QB position than it is for a LT or a DT.

Additionally, this was before they had him in for the private workout, I believe.

penbrook
04-04-2013, 02:55 PM
I saw that too, but look at what he says about figuring out who the top guy will be and how it'll suddenly click that he gets it. I figure that's more important for the QB position than it is for a LT or a DT.

Additionally, this was before they had him in for the private workout, I believe.

Yes this was before the workout.

Canofbier
04-04-2013, 02:58 PM

We'll just have to wait and see.

Trying to decipher the words of NFL executives at this time of year is like attempting to figure out a date's relationship expectations based on what she says about her food on your first dinner together the other night.

patteeu
04-04-2013, 03:00 PM

Trying to decipher the words of NFL executives at this time of year is like attempting to figure out a date's relationship expectations based on what she says about her food on your first dinner together the other night.

LMAO True.

Buckweath
04-04-2013, 03:03 PM

I disagree. There's just not much to read from what he said IMO. He doesn't want to let it know how much he likes Geno so he just talked about the combine which is not that significant and the fact he watched the pro day tape many times. I really think they like Geno, I just don't know if they like him enough to pick him #1.

penbrook
04-04-2013, 03:04 PM
I disagree. There's just not much to read from what he said IMO. He doesn't want to let it know how much he likes Geno so he just talked about the combine which is not that significant and the fact he watched the pro day tape many times. I really think they like Geno, I just don't know if they like him enough to pick him #1.

Question is Geno the BPA?

AdumbGuy
04-04-2013, 03:06 PM

If she likes the 5 layer burrito, she's expecting a long and slightly gassy relationship, no?

but yeah, am ready for the draft already

BossChief
04-04-2013, 03:08 PM
I thought I read that Jordan is gonna visit...

Buckweath
04-04-2013, 03:08 PM
One thing is clear for me, Dorsey's preference would be either drafting Geno #1 overall or trading down for decent value and then pick a LT, Jordan or Floyd. The thing is, he might not be able to get fair value in a trade down.

penbrook
04-04-2013, 03:09 PM
I thought I read that Jordan is gonna visit...

Nope he visited the Eagles yesterday. Visiting the Jags today and the Jets Friday.

penbrook
04-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Kiper did say Joeckel would be a mid first round to late first round pick in a normal draft.

Buckweath
04-04-2013, 03:11 PM

Another question is, how much does QB positional value plays into Dorsey's BPA?

Just Passin' By
04-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Really?

Really.

BlackHelicopters
Really long and meaningless.

Pasta Little Brioni

JFC

penbrook
04-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Another question is, how much does QB positional value plays into Dorsey's BPA?

They did draft Aaron Rodgers in the first round and sat him for 4 years behind Favre.

patteeu
04-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Kiper did say Joeckel would be a mid first round to late first round pick in a normal draft.

What does Kiper say about Geno Smith?

penbrook
04-04-2013, 03:17 PM
What does Kiper say about Geno Smith?

He put him going #4 to philly while Mcshay has Geno completely out of the first round.

Mav
04-04-2013, 03:17 PM
QUOTE=penbook;9557286]They did draft Aaron Rodgers in the first round and sat him for 4 years behind Favre.[/QUOTE]

they drafted him at 24 overall.......not 1 overall..

Just Passin' By
04-04-2013, 03:18 PM
They did draft Aaron Rodgers in the first round and sat him for 4 years behind Favre.

The situations aren't the same. Brett Favre is going into the HOF. A Smith's not getting in without a ticket.

saphojunkie
04-04-2013, 03:19 PM
they drafted him at 24 overall.......not 1 overall..

NOBODY ****ING CARES.

penbrook
04-04-2013, 03:19 PM
QUOTE=penbook;9557286]They did draft Aaron Rodgers in the first round and sat him for 4 years behind Favre.

they drafted him at 24 overall.......not 1 overall..[/QUOTE]

Still the first round. First round players back than were immediate starters now with the salary cap they dont have to be.

Mav
04-04-2013, 03:22 PM
NOBODY ****ING CARES.

then why waste the time to reply? Obviously you did.......

Tribal Warfare
04-04-2013, 03:29 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000157333/article/kansas-city-chiefs-gm-john-dorsey-explains-plan-for-no-1-pick

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-04-2013, 03:43 PM

No he's not. EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE says he's a reach. Many analysts even say there are no sure fire 1st round talents at QB.

Now why in the HELL does anyone think they will draft GENO. IF they do , then their process of selecting the BPA is COMPLETE HORSESHIT.

FUCK !

penbrook
04-04-2013, 03:44 PM
No he's not. EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE says he's a reach. Many analysts even say there are no sure fire 1st round talents at QB.

Now why in the HELL does anyone think they will draft GENO. IF they do , then their process of selecting the BPA is COMPLETE HORSESHIT.

**** !

Really because Kiper and Mcshay say Joeckel would be a late first round pick in a normal draft.

ModSocks
04-04-2013, 03:45 PM

**** !

Doesn't mean it's horseshit. Just means it's not cut and dry the way you would like to believe.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Really because Kiper and Mcshay say Joeckel would be a late first round pick in a normal draft.

First off who says they are drafting Joekel ?

Second off , this isn't a normal draft.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Doesn't mean it's horseshit. Just means it's not cut and dry the way you would like to believe.

Well then , what the hell does best player available mean ?????

patteeu
04-04-2013, 03:49 PM
He put him going #4 to philly while Mcshay has Geno completely out of the first round.

No, what does he SAY about him? I'm not asking you where he thinks the guy will be drafted. I'll give you a hint. Kiper thinks Smith will be drafted way too high.

Setsuna
04-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Really?

He means Alex Smith bro. Nice reach though. ROFL

penbrook
04-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Well then , what the hell does best player available mean ?????

In Dorseys mind BPA can be a whole lot different than what Analysts and draft scouts think.

His BPA was Aaron Rodgers and it turned out to be a gem

penbrook
04-04-2013, 03:53 PM
He means Alex Smith bro. Nice reach though. ROFL

I say its 50% we draft Geno.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-04-2013, 03:55 PM
In Dorseys mind BPA can be a whole lot different than what Analysts and draft scouts think.

At pick 24 though , he was BPA out there.

DTLB58
04-04-2013, 03:59 PM
My gut feeling says yes, but the logical side of me says no.

I'm not saying picking Geno is illogical, i just doubt they would do it.

Two weeks away.....

Three.

Setsuna
04-04-2013, 04:02 PM
I say its 50% we draft Geno.

I'll agree with that. 50% of 5%. Alex Smith won't be in the league in 3 years. If you're going to plan on having someone sit behind someone else, you might as well draft a QB next year as it won't make much of a difference. No reason to draft a QB #1 overall.

AdumbGuy
04-04-2013, 04:06 PM
I'll agree with that. 50% of 5%. Alex Smith won't be in the league in 3 years. If you're going to plan on having someone sit behind someone else, you might as well draft a QB next year as it won't make much of a difference. No reason to draft a QB #1 overall.

Well, there's the whole grooming the qb bit. QB would have a much better grasp of the offense having sat and watched for a year

DTLB58
04-04-2013, 04:11 PM

If teams find spots for Cassel and Grossman, Smith, if he wants to will still be around in three years.

Setsuna
04-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Well, there's the whole grooming the qb bit. QB would have a much better grasp of the offense having sat and watched for a year
Exactly. Why can't you draft a QB next year? He'll still be sitting and watching for a year. Only difference is the QB drafted this year will have another year on him. If it helps, who knows.

If teams find spots for Cassel and Grossman, Smith, if he wants to will still be around in three years.
Yeeeah. You are absolutely right. Never mind about A. Smiff (not akilililili or whatever)

patteeu
04-04-2013, 05:22 PM
No, what does he SAY about him? I'm not asking you where he thinks the guy will be drafted. I'll give you a hint. Kiper thinks Smith will be drafted way too high.

FYI, in his 4/2 First Draft podcast, Kiper discusses Geno Smith's draft status as he currently sees it. At the 31:50 mark, he says that he sees a possibility that the Eagles will use the 1.4 on GS. He goes on to say that if it goes down that way it's a case of GS being "way over-drafted". A short time later he talks about having several discussions with team GMs as a part of his draft projection process and that most of them think GS will be drafted top 10 or, in a couple of cases, top 5, but he goes on to say that those same GMs don't grade him out to be more than a 20-32 type pick. Late first round is where Kiper thinks Geno Smith belongs. Early first round is where Kiper thinks someone will "way over-draft" him.

RealSNR
04-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Exactly. Why can't you draft a QB next year? He'll still be sitting and watching for a year. Only difference is the QB drafted this year will have another year on him. If it helps, who knows.

Because when we want a QB, the best possible guy has been Brandon Weeden, Tim Tebow, Jimmy Clausen, or Andy Dalton.

And in 2009 when we had the #3 overall it was Mark Sanchez or Josh Freeman, though Pioli wasn't going to take a QB even if Andrew fucking Luck were sitting there. He had Matt Cassel!

MotherfuckerJones
04-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Because when we want a QB, the best possible guy has been Brandon Weeden, Tim Tebow, Jimmy Clausen, or Andy Dalton.

And in 2009 when we had the #3 overall it was Mark Sanchez or Josh Freeman, though ***** wasn't going to take a QB even if Andrew ****ing Luck were sitting there. He had Matt Cassel!

Pioli would totally do that. Trade a 2nd for Cassel instead of taking one of the greatest QB prospects ever

Rasputin
04-04-2013, 05:30 PM
It's a process, and one thing about this process is that the process takes time to process. We will make the process work as the process goes into the process of working on it's process and the process gets better by planning out this process in wich we are doing through a process. Be patient with with the process and the process will come into fruitition. Then we will see how the process worked and we can take the BPA in the equation of the process process to process his future with the team. Fans will be happy when the final process wins games. That is what the process is all about at the end of the day to win games. It's a process.

MotherfuckerJones
04-04-2013, 05:32 PM
"Process" is one of the most cliche word in sports. Fuck that word

SAUTO
04-04-2013, 05:34 PM
I can't quote the part I want to, but did anyone else catch where he said they hoped to know who to pick.

The paragraph starts with "in a second"
He specifically says offense schemes.
Posted via Mobile Device

MotherfuckerJones
04-04-2013, 05:37 PM
I can't quote the part I want to, but did anyone else catch where he said they hoped to know who to pick.

The paragraph starts with "in a second"
He specifically says offense schemes.
Posted via Mobile Device

"In a second, that could happen," Dorsey explained. "Sitting down and overwhelming somebody with their depth of knowledge of the offensive scheme and how quick they can put it up, and combine that with the on-the-field skills, and you go, 'Holy s---, he's got it.' It could be an interview at the combine, it could be his pro day at the school. There are different variables, and all of a sudden the light goes on and you're going, 'That's the guy!' It happens in a multitude of ways."

KC native
GENO BONERZZZZZZ FORE EERYBODY WOOOOOOOOO

Tombstone RJ

You don't draft a QB with the #1 pick of the entire draft so he can ride the bench. In fact, that is very much NOT taking the BPA if he has to hold a clipboard. BPA is a guy who you can plug in and get immediate results with at a high level.

I really do hope kc drafts Geno with the #1 pick. You think Blackledge was a fiasco, that's nothing compared to taking a QB with the 1.1 pick of an entire draft, having him sit behind a mediocre Alex Smith for 2 years (because he can't beat Smith out like Kaepernick did) and then when he finally does start, he ends up being no better or worse then the journeyman QB he just replaced.

penbrook
04-04-2013, 05:38 PM

Ok so its either Joeckel Fisher or Geno.

MotherfuckerJones
04-04-2013, 05:39 PM
You don't draft a QB with the #1 pick of the entire draft so he can ride the bench. In fact, that is very much NOT taking the BPA if he has to hold a clipboard. BPA is a guy who you can plug in and get immediate results with at a high level.

I really do hope kc drafts Geno with the #1 pick. You think Blackledge was a fiasco, that's nothing compared to taking a QB with the 1.1 pick of an entire draft, having him sit behind a mediocre Alex Smith for 2 years (because he can't beat Smith out like Kaepernick did) and then when he finally does start, he ends up being no better or worse then the journey man QB he just replaced.

I believe you can in this draft. With Alex starting, let Geno learn the WCO and get ready. You know Alex will be hurt at some point. So he'd have a shot at some point if Chase can't do anything.

MotherfuckerJones
04-04-2013, 05:39 PM
Ok so its either Joeckel Fisher or Geno.

I thought Dorsey said it's down to 4 players?

KC native
04-04-2013, 05:40 PM
I so hope we draft Geno just because of the true fan dickheads that are scared of the risk.

SAUTO
04-04-2013, 05:41 PM

This is it, thanks my phone wouldn't edit that long assed post. Lol.

wonder if he said this to make other teams think qb?

It sure made me think qb
Posted via Mobile Device

penbrook
04-04-2013, 05:42 PM
I thought Dorsey said it's down to 4 players?

Ok name me 1 more offensive player we would consider.

AlexSmithDynasty
04-04-2013, 05:43 PM

You're cherry picking to try and prove your point, when asked about what Kiper said about Geno you said he has him going #4 to the Eagles which is true. But that's Kiper's prediction for where he goes not his opinion of where he should go. Kiper said before he doesn't think Geno should go in the first round. Then you said Kiper has Joeckel as a mid first round talent, but where does he have a prediction for Joeckel to go? He has him going #1 overall to the Chiefs. By the logic your applying to try and prove Geno's talent that logic would have Joeckel as best player available because Kiper has him mocked #1 to the Chiefs.

MotherfuckerJones
04-04-2013, 05:44 PM
This is it, thanks my phone wouldn't edit that long assed post. Lol.

wonder if he said this to make other teams think qb?

It sure made me think qb
Posted via Mobile Device

Ya its a bitch to try and quote on a phone. Ya it did. This is the month of lies. Hard to believe anything they say. If their lips are moving, they are lying.

AdumbGuy
04-04-2013, 05:45 PM

This paragraph more than anything else gives me renewed Geno hope. How often is a LT expected to know complex offensive schemes. A center, perhaps, but a LT?

Nightfyre
04-04-2013, 05:46 PM
If the Chiefs really like the long-term outlook on Geno, they should draft him. The fact of the matter is that a team will ultimately only go as far as their QB takes them. At some point in the playoffs, a QB will have to pick up his entire goddamn team and drag them across the goal-line. Alex Smith is not that guy.

penbrook
04-04-2013, 05:48 PM
B14ckmon wont like this quote.

ShowtimeSBMVP
04-04-2013, 05:50 PM
After free-agency shakeout, Geno a lock to be picked in top five
April 3, 2013 10:40 PM ET

104 | Comments

Geno Smith will be a top-five draft pick. There isn't any doubt about it.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him go in the top three. Specifically, to Jacksonville second overall.

There might finally be some real intrigue about which player goes first overall -- I would be stunned if the Chiefs don't take a left tackle assuming they can't trade the pick -- and it is one of the more interesting drafts in recent memory in that regard. But this idea that no quarterback gets drafted high, now, with so many quarterbacks changing teams and clubs trading for, or signing veterans, is misguided.
More on NFL
Columns
Pat Kirwan
Chiefs might have tabbed top choice, but still negotiating with others
Pete Prisco
Geno has potential but not overall game to be a top-10 pick
2013 NFL Draft

Team spotlights
Mock drafts
Big Board
Subscribe to newsletter

Too many teams have too much legitimate interest in Smith, the standout from West Virginia. In reality, with the quarterback dust essentially settled now in terms of free agency and trades, Smith's stock will only rise the rest of this month. He has certain undeniable traits working in his favor, there remain a ton of teams that still are anything but settled on a quarterback on a long-term basis, and these top draft picks are just so damn cheap these days that it will continue to entice teams to try to trade into the top five.

So anyone pretending that because Carson Palmer and Matt Flynn now have new teams that somehow Geno Smith has been devalued just don't get it. Anyone who thinks that the Cardinals, with the seventh overall pick, are now deeply committed to Palmer as their future at quarterback, and the Raiders, picking third, are now married to Flynn, and Kevin Kolb is the solution for the Bills, etc., etc., either haven't taken a real look at those contracts or simply do not understand the difference between taking a flier on a guy to be a bridge quarterback and finding a new face of the franchise.

Let's keep the following in mind:

Smith is, without a doubt, the top quarterback prospect in this draft. Period. No debate. Nothing he has done between his final college game and his pro day has changed that. He is the only sure-fire quarterback prospect in the top half of the first round. Even his harshest, most simplistic critic -- you know, the kind of guy who would lob the same shoddy jabs at Smith this week that he lobbed a few years back at Cam Newton -- would have to admit that unlike most of the past few years, there is no 1B to Smith's 1A. He is it at the top of the first round. (And, for the record, teams that have done their work on Smith have no concerns about character or work ethic. It's rather ludicrous in this situation.)

That will do nothing but continue to push up his value.

Once he's selected, it's a total crapshoot at this position, and when you consider that a good quarter of the league would still love to upgrade at quarterback if they could, that, too, works in Smith's favor. And we need only look back and see how quarterbacks with some glaring warts, like Jake Locker and Blaine Gabbert, have been pushed up the draft board recently to see just how far teams are willing to reach if they need a passer.

Then, consider how smart the Panthers (Newton), Seahawks (Russell Wilson), 49ers (Colin Kaepernick), Bengals (Andy Dalton), Redskins (Robert Griffin III) and others look for finding quarterbacks under this new CBA at a drastically reduced rate, freeing them to pump cap space and assets en masse into other positions.

It's basically bust insurance for teams. So when you consider how cheap the player is, and how relatively cheap it can be to move up into the top 10 or top five to get there ... again, these are factors that will continue to pump Smith up. And, keep in mind how many teams in the top 10, and five, are willing to move down, and Smith remains a riser.

Furthermore, this might be the weakest class in 20 years in terms of top-five talent. In fact, many scouts would tell you it's a three-player draft in that range -- the two left tackles (Luke Joeckel and Eric Fisher) and Smith. It's not loaded with once-in-a-generation talent or the next Orlando Pace or Jonathan Ogden or Adrian Peterson. So there will be demand to get one of these three players, and there are plenty of needy teams, and say what you want about the knocks on these three prospects, but there is even more uncertainty and bigger question marks about whoever is worthy of going fourth, or fifth or sixth.

Sure, the Chiefs won't take Smith (not after overpaying the 49ers to acquire Alex Smith), and I know some are saying all of the attention the Jaguars have spent with him is a bit of a smokescreen. But then again, the Jags' new brass has no ties to Gabbert, they just watched him get two coaches fired in two years, more or less, and yet they opted to stay out of the hunt for Flynn (who has ties to their head coach), and Kolb, whom they loved coming out of college, and Smith (whose quarterback coach in San Fran, Greg Roman, is very good friends with Jags GM Dave Caldwell), and Palmer and others. That's very telling. (And don't give me any of this crap about backup Chad Henne -- he's just a guy).

In fact, everything I have heard leads me to believe the real smoke screen is the idea that there has been a rallying behind Gabbert. To the contrary, his sense of entitlement, lack of production/development, attitude, and struggles in the face of the pass rush are just some of the reasons why he might never see the fourth year of his rookie contract in Jacksonville. So the Jags are very much in the hunt for their next quarterback, they won't do any better than Smith in this draft, they're likely to be the first quarterback-needy team with the chance to take him, and passing on him could prove to be a huge mistake.

So I believe the Jags are spending all of this time, energy and resources on him for a reason beyond hoping to drum up interest in the second overall pick. How could a small-market team like this, desperate for an identity and someone for fans to gravitate to, not be interested in the best amateur quarterback in the country? How could they not look at a fellow small market team like the Panthers, with Newton, and not think what if? (And by no means am I saying that Smith will do anything close to what Newton has, but the continued success of athletic rookie quarterbacks is not going unnoticed.)

And the Raiders are in the same situation. Flynn is a guy for now, and possibly for tomorrow, but any quarterback you can nab essentially for a fifth-round pick can't be a given. I'm not ruling them out. Do I think the Eagles take him? My gut says no, but they're not doing all of this due diligence on him as a favor, either. Michael Vick is a year-to-year proposition, Nick Foles is a developmental guy most likely, and if Smith looks like the best fit to be Chip Kelly's long-term guy, then it could happen.

The Browns (6), Cardinals (7), Bills (8) and Jets (9) are both dealing with band-aid quarterbacks but don't have a long-term commitment to any passer. I'm sorry, people, that looks like a ton of demand and the most limited of supply -- one quarterback worthy of being taken in the top 10. Bluff or not, that's more than enough of a backdrop to make at least one team feel like it might have to trade up to guarantee it gets Smith.

How silly will all of these teams look if they pass on a chance to take him? It's just not happening.

So to posit that this kid someone now is a question mark to go in the top 15 is beyond ridiculous. No way that many teams are passing on him, and in the end, a few names might be called before his at Radio City Music Hall, but trust me, it will only be a few.

MotherfuckerJones
04-04-2013, 05:52 PM
This paragraph more than anything else gives me renewed Geno hope. How often is a LT expected to know complex offensive schemes. A center, perhaps, but a LT?

The bolded part is what really stuck out to me. How quickly they can put it up. Meaning the white board where plays are drawn up.

Gravedigger
04-04-2013, 05:55 PM
You're cherry picking to try and prove your point, when asked about what Kiper said about Geno you said he has him going #4 to the Eagles which is true. But that's Kiper's prediction for where he goes not his opinion of where he should go. Kiper said before he doesn't think Geno should go in the first round. Then you said Kiper has Joeckel as a mid first round talent, but where does he have a prediction for Joeckel to go? He has him going #1 overall to the Chiefs. By the logic your applying to try and prove Geno's talent that logic would have Joeckel as best player available because Kiper has him mocked #1 to the Chiefs.

Door swings both ways. Hypocrisy is fun.

MotherfuckerJones
04-04-2013, 05:55 PM
I totally understand the thinking of taking a top young LT when Albert is on the franchise tag and missed 4 games last year due to a back injury. I would still take the QB at 1. The reward is much higher than the LT though. Would you rather have Matt Ryan or Jake Long? Im not saying Geno is rated like Matt Ryan. Just using the QB v LT comparison to a few years ago.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
04-04-2013, 05:56 PM
Try as you might. Making this draft interesting is going to take something nasty.

MotherfuckerJones
04-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Not surprising by the Geno to Jax rumors. They want all the picks they can get and want a DL in this draft.

UberSparky
04-04-2013, 06:03 PM
It's going to be Geno!!!!! ......or somebody else.

AlexSmithDynasty
04-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Door swings both ways. Hypocrisy is fun.

Please point to specific instances where I use unrelated measures to mislead and prove my point through deception.

RNR
04-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Oakland traded for a backup with two games under his belt because they clearly have little faith in Pryor and I will be pissed if they draft Smith. Look at the teams who needed a QB and made moves to get nothing special QBs including KC. Why so many here are in love with this guy is beyond me. Who knows he may turn out but there is nothing about him that screams top 10 pick~

Bewbies
04-04-2013, 06:16 PM
Lets say our #1 pick turns into an all time great 5 years from now. Rather have Aaron Rodgers, Roaf or DT? Which player would win us more games?

Dayze
04-04-2013, 06:17 PM
Rodgers

MotherfuckerJones
04-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Thats why I've said take the QB. Highest upside and reward.

Bewbies
04-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Thats why I've said take the QB. Highest upside and reward.

Please don't agree with me, it makes me look retarded.

MotherfuckerJones
04-04-2013, 06:23 PM

nlm You dont need any help there.

AlexSmithDynasty
04-04-2013, 06:24 PM

Completely different situation. Many thought Rodgers might go #1 overall and when he didn't he went into free fall in the draft. He was BPA for Packers at #24 when he was still there. If Geno fell to them in the 3rd round they would take him because he would be BPA if he fell that far, but I highly doubt they have him as BPA at #1 when not one single analyst has him as the best player in the draft. Sure analysts can be wrong but there is no one at all that has Geno Smith as the best player in the draft, most have him in the late first round range based on talent alone and not team needs.

solidgold
04-04-2013, 06:42 PM
With how candid Dorsey comes across in the article, throwing around words like shit and crap, the comment about offensive scheme really stuck out for me too.

Either that's some DAMN good poker or he's genuinely not opposed to taking the QB, letting him sit, and doing what he thinks is "best for your organization, present and future."

Gravedigger
04-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Please point to specific instances where I use unrelated measures to mislead and prove my point through deception.

You were a hypocrite by telling him he's a cherry picker, when everyone on this board cherry picks in order to prove their opinion. You keep talking about McShay's opinion, or Mayock's opinion, or whatever draft expert's opinion of Geno Smith in order to tell people that Geno isn't the guy because nobody has him ranked until the middle or late first round. Would this be "CHERRY PICKING" information from draft "experts" in order to prove your opinion that Geno won't be the guy?... seems eerily similar.

Also if you think his opinion is incorrect or stupid, then you used his logic in order to say that because Joeckel is the #1 pick by Kiper that he must be BPA. You just watched the guy you thought was an idiot jump off a bridge, mocked him for it, then jumped off in the same exact way he did.

BossChief
04-04-2013, 06:45 PM
"we were lucky enough to get Aaron Rodgers (in Green Bay). We were questioned about that, but we stood patiently for three years with him. We can stand patiently another three if we have to."

That's an interesting way to phrase that comment.

It could absolutely mean they have 1a) trade down for maximum compensation 1b) draft Geno if they can't trade out of the top spot.

B14ckmon
04-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Sucks that you guys get the great Joeckel and we will get stuck with Geno :(

Sorter
04-04-2013, 06:49 PM

ROFL

patteeu
04-04-2013, 06:53 PM
You were a hypocrite by telling him he's a cherry picker, when everyone on this board cherry picks in order to prove their opinion. You keep talking about McShay's opinion, or Mayock's opinion, or whatever draft expert's opinion of Geno Smith in order to tell people that Geno isn't the guy because nobody has him ranked until the middle or late first round. Would this be "CHERRY PICKING" information from draft "experts" in order to prove your opinion that Geno won't be the guy?... seems eerily similar.

Also if you think his opinion is incorrect or stupid, then you used his logic in order to say that because Joeckel is the #1 pick by Kiper that he must be BPA. You just watched the guy you thought was an idiot jump off a bridge, mocked him for it, then jumped off in the same exact way he did.

He's not a hypocrite, but "cherry picking" might not have been the best way of describing what penbook was doing. What he was actually doing is misrepresenting Kiper's position.

patteeu
04-04-2013, 06:59 PM
"we were lucky enough to get Aaron Rodgers (in Green Bay). We were questioned about that, but we stood patiently for three years with him. We can stand patiently another three if we have to."

It could absolutely mean they have 1a) trade down for maximum compensation 1b) draft Geno if they can't trade out of the top spot.

Or it could mean that if they see enough promise in a guy they take in the later rounds, he could ride the bench for a few years before realizing his full potential.

I really think the most likely meaning of anything that any GM says during this pre-draft period is probably nothing. I think most of their public statements are meaningless. The big thing that might distinguish one GM from another is how willing they are to tell an outright lie as opposed to just misleading without technically lying. We have very little to gauge John Dorsey with in that regard.

Gravedigger
04-04-2013, 06:59 PM

Seems like a poker face to me. Like a team or two didn't agree with how much we wanted in return for that pick, so he's basically slapping them in the face saying "We can play this game all day if we want." Hell, maybe back in the day the Green Bay Packers faced an offer to trade into their spot so a later team could take Rodgers, but it wasn't enough in their minds and they lucked out.

Sorter
04-04-2013, 07:02 PM
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/208/0/b/poker_face_by_ragefaceicons-d58u6z8.png

Bewbies
04-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Or it could mean that if they see enough promise in a guy they take in the later rounds, he could ride the bench for a few years before realizing his full potential.

I really think the most likely meaning of anything that any GM says during this pre-draft period is probably nothing. I think most of their public statements are meaningless. The big thing that might distinguish one GM from another is how willing they are to tell an outright lie as opposed to just misleading without technically lying. We have very little to gauge John Dorsey with in that regard.

In the later rounds? Aaron Rodgers wasn't taken in the later rounds... LMAO

AlexSmithDynasty
04-04-2013, 07:05 PM

Here's my quote:

By the logic your applying to try and prove Geno's talent that logic would have Joeckel as best player available because Kiper has him mocked #1 to the Chiefs.

Notice I say by the logic he's applying (I should have said you're not your, grammatical error), this would indicate that using his logic Joeckel would be BPA. Nowhere did I say I believe Joeckel to be BPA. Using someone's logic to refute their position is a technique used to invalidate said position. I'm not cherry picking when there is literally not a single analyst or expert who says Geno is the best player available, cherry picking would be if 99% of analysts said Geno was the best player available and I chose the 1 person who didn't to try and prove my point.

He took Kiper's mock draft to try and say Kiper had a high opinion of Geno and contrasted that with a statement that apparently Kiper said about Joeckel being a mid-round talent in a different draft year (there's also no source for this and Kiper has Joeckel #4 on his big board and doesn't have Geno even ranked in the top 25). It's comparing apples to oranges, he was asked about what Kiper said about Geno and he chose to cite the mock draft which is just a prediction and not what Kiper actually said about Geno which is that he wouldn't take him in the first round.

Just Passin' By
04-04-2013, 07:48 PM
I totally understand the thinking of taking a top young LT when Albert is on the franchise tag and missed 4 games last year due to a back injury. I would still take the QB at 1. The reward is much higher than the LT though. Would you rather have Matt Ryan or Jake Long? Im not saying Geno is rated like Matt Ryan. Just using the QB v LT comparison to a few years ago.

If you're talking Jonathan Ogden v. Tony Banks, you fire your GM if he was stupid enough to take Banks. If you're talking Peyton Manning v. Kyle Turley, you fire your GM if he doesn't take Manning. In between those sorts of opposites is where GMs stand or fall. There's no automatic call in a year like this one.

MotherfuckerJones
04-04-2013, 07:51 PM
If you're talking Jonathan Ogden v. Tony Banks, you fire your GM if he was stupid enough to take Banks. If you're talking Peyton Manning v. Kyle Turley, you fire your GM if he doesn't take Manning. In between those sorts of opposites is where GMs stand or fall. There's no automatic call in a year like this one.

Yes but none of these OTs are prospects of Ogden, Pace or Roaf. This is why we hired Dorsey. We'll see which decision he makes. It's likely he's already made that decision with the Smith trade. So, we'll see.

Just Passin' By
04-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Yes but none of these OTs are prospects of Ogden, Pace or Roaf. This is why we hired Dorsey.

That's what I've been saying. There's no real sense for the "GENO!" crowd to go all in on the QB when the QBs aren't liked in this draft. It may be that G. Smith turns out to be elite, but there's nothing sure fire in this draft, so there's no need for this to be a repeat of the 2009 horseshit.

Interestingly, to me, is how the Chiefs have approached the usual top spots for high drafting

QB - Traded for A. Smith, signed Daniels
DE/OLB (pass rushers) - Already have Hali and Houston
OT - Let Winston go, only the tag for Albert
WR - Signed Bowe longterm, brought in Avery as well
CB - Still have Flowers, added Smith and Robinson

When I look at it like that, the only position I don't see clear starter(s) is at OT. That doesn't guarantee the Chiefs will draft that way, but it would fit the puzzle. Of course, if they think G. Smith's the real deal, they should take him regardless, but they've really set it up so that they're pretty well covered with at least theoretically starting-caliber talent at most spots.

MotherfuckerJones
04-04-2013, 08:33 PM
That's what I've been saying. There's no real sense for the "GENO!" crowd to go all in on the QB when the QBs aren't liked in this draft. It may be that G. Smith turns out to be elite, but there's nothing sure fire in this draft, so there's no need for this to be a repeat of the 2009 horseshit.

Interestingly, to me, is how the Chiefs have approached the usual top spots for high drafting

QB - Traded for A. Smith, signed Daniels
DE/OLB (pass rushers) - Already have Hali and Houston
OT - Let Winston go, only the tag for Albert
WR - Signed Bowe longterm, brought in Avery as well
CB - Still have Flowers, added Smith and Robinson

When I look at it like that, the only position I don't see clear starter(s) is at OT. That doesn't guarantee the Chiefs will draft that way, but it would fit the puzzle. Of course, if they think G. Smith's the real deal, they should take him regardless, but they've really set it up so that they're pretty well covered with at least theoretically starting-caliber talent at most spots.

Yes, I agree. As I've been saying it's not about Geno. It's about the top QB prospect. I would just like to try taking the top QB prospect and draft a first round QB for the first time since 1983. For me, it's not about taking a QB just to take one. We have a chance to take the best one in this draft. That's all I've been saying all along.

Just Passin' By
04-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Yes, I agree. As I've been saying it's not about Geno. It's about the top QB prospect. I would just like to try taking the top QB prospect and draft a first round QB for the first time since 1983. For me, it's not about taking a QB just to take one. We have a chance to take the best one in this draft. That's all I've been saying all along.

You keep saying that it's not about taking a QB just to take one, but that's exactly what you're advocating in the bolded part. It's been the hangup of this place for years. Taking a QB prospect in the first round doesn't help if he's Blaine Gabbert. Just ask the Jaguars fans.

Canofbier
04-04-2013, 08:44 PM
You keep saying that it's not about taking a QB just to take one, but that's exactly what you're advocating in the bolded part. It's been the hangup of this place for years. Taking a QB prospect in the first round doesn't help if he's Blaine Gabbert. Just ask the Jaguars fans.

This exactly - you beat me to it.

MotherfuckerJones
04-04-2013, 08:45 PM

You dont know if he is. These OTs could be Robert Gallery or Jason Smith.

Just Passin' By
04-04-2013, 08:48 PM
You dont know if he is. These OTs could be Robert Gallery or Jason Smith.

Now you're back to rinsing and repeating. You claim you're not saying precisely what you're saying. And now you're just setting up your usual arguments.

How you don't see this is fascinating to ponder.

Molitoth
04-04-2013, 08:52 PM

Blaine Gabbert was a meh prospect.

Geno Smith isn't.

But I suppose that is all subjective.

Chiefnj2
04-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Dorsey is full of crap. No private workouts with 4 of the 5 top talents and people think he is doing a careful job? They have their board set.

I also think they are 100% confident in Alex Smith and Daniels. If they were truly concerned about QB, even 3 years down the road, they'd be bringing in Manual, Nassib and Glennon for workouts.

Just Passin' By
04-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Blaine Gabbert was a meh prospect.

Geno Smith isn't.

But I suppose that is all subjective.

According to report after report, Geno Smith is a meh prospect.

Nightfyre
04-04-2013, 08:56 PM
So who is the fantastical QB you will draft next year?

patteeu
04-04-2013, 09:35 PM
In the later rounds? Aaron Rodgers wasn't taken in the later rounds... LMAO

Yeah, I guess he could have meant that he wants to trade down to 1.24 and if the best QB in the draft falls to him there, he'll pick him, sit him on the bench behind his incumbent hall of famer and then turn the keys over to him 3 years down the road, but I didn't take him quite as literally as you apparently do.

BossChief
04-04-2013, 09:55 PM

I really do hope kc drafts Geno with the #1 pick. You think Blackledge was a fiasco, that's nothing compared to taking a QB with the 1.1 pick of an entire draft, having him sit behind a mediocre Alex Smith for 2 years (because he can't beat Smith out like Kaepernick did) and then when he finally does start, he ends up being no better or worse then the journeyman QB he just replaced.Who is that guy?

An olb would sit
An OT would be a RT
A DL is gonna take a couple years to produce

What prospect is gonna do as you say?

Yeah, I guess he could have meant that he wants to trade down to 1.24 and if the best QB in the draft falls to him there, he'll pick him, sit him on the bench behind his incumbent hall of famer and then turn the keys over to him 3 years down the road, but I didn't take him quite as literally as you apparently do.

I took that as him talking about what he would do if he didn't get an offer worth moving down for and had to pick at 1...what made you think he was talking about moving down?

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-04-2013, 10:22 PM
Yes the Choco Penii hope is still alive.

What I read from that is this: if we dont get an offer, we're securing our QB position for the future.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-04-2013, 10:25 PM
I doubt it very much. But if they do this it's with the idea of trading him to another team who might not have taken the bait pre-draft. It would be a ballsy move if they ever do this.

goddamnit Frankie; will you PLEASE stop with such a ridiculous, no way in hell is that happening-scenario????
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-04-2013, 10:29 PM

And remember; poker AINT these twos strong suit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bewbies
04-04-2013, 10:34 PM

He's saying if the best guy has to ride the pine for 3 years to become the great player they think he will be will make that pick.

Sounds like he drafts a player for their career, not for their rookie season.

B14ckmon
04-04-2013, 10:38 PM
How many retards we got still thinking the Chiefs will take Geno?

Too many I see.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-04-2013, 10:40 PM
How many retards we got still thinking the Chiefs will take Geno?

Too many I see.

How many fucktard trolls supporting a team we give two fucks about are still present on this board? Oh.
Posted via Mobile Device

B14ckmon
04-04-2013, 10:48 PM
How many ****tard trolls supporting a team we give two ****s about are still present on this board? Oh.
Posted via Mobile Device

2 or 3.

BossChief
04-04-2013, 10:49 PM
Whats really exciting is that these quotes from Dorsey mesh PERFECTLY with what The Bad Guy has posted about the teams thoughts on Geno and why they made the move for Alex Smith. Shit, even Alex Smith said that he was brought in because the team wanted to win "right now" as in 2013...maybe even he knows that he is a stop gap...

The Bad Guy posted a week or so ago that the Chiefs love the long term outlook of Geno Smith, but think he would struggle if he had to play right away.

John Dorsey says they watched Genos proday three times and loved his physical skill set...he obviously did because he flew the kid to KC for his visit/workout.

Unless I missed something, Geno is the only guy they brought to KC and they did so for a two day visit.

I hate it that they keep reeling me back in just when I'm about to stop having hope.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-04-2013, 10:55 PM
It's goin' down!
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefshrink
04-04-2013, 11:22 PM

If you get a chance to watch Mariucci's Game Changers on the NFL network watch his time with Barkley and notice Barkley's intelligence of the game as he is explaining everyone of his plays both good and bad on tape. You could see Barkley gave Mooch an erection by the time it was all over with. I was waiting to see the same tape review done with Geno to see if his football knowledge was just as savvy but Mooch never did that with Geno. So I think you are correct that Geno's football knowledge/intelligence/mental game lacks.:thumb:

penbrook
04-04-2013, 11:52 PM
If you had to compare Geno to somebody who would it be. I would say Jesus.

penbrook
04-04-2013, 11:53 PM
Whats really exciting is that these quotes from Dorsey mesh PERFECTLY with what The Bad Guy has posted about the teams thoughts on Geno and why they made the move for Alex Smith. Shit, even Alex Smith said that he was brought in because the team wanted to win "right now" as in 2013...maybe even he knows that he is a stop gap...

The Bad Guy posted a week or so ago that the Chiefs love the long term outlook of Geno Smith, but think he would struggle if he had to play right away.

John Dorsey says they watched Genos proday three times and loved his physical skill set...he obviously did because he flew the kid to KC for his visit/workout.

Unless I missed something, Geno is the only guy they brought to KC and they did so for a two day visit.

I hate it that they keep reeling me back in just when I'm about to stop having hope.

This :clap:

wazu
04-04-2013, 11:54 PM
All I got from this interview was that Geno is Aaron Rodgers and we are going to draft him and sit him for three years. And that nobody else of importance is even visiting KC. That's what the article said, right?

penbrook
04-04-2013, 11:57 PM
All I got from this interview was that Geno is Aaron Rodgers and we are going to draft him and sit him for three years. And that nobody else of importance is even visiting KC. That's what the article said, right?

Yep unless we are trading out but if were stuck at #1 its gonna be the Choco Penii

penbrook
04-04-2013, 11:58 PM
Geno was the only person to visit Kc. We sent two very high ranking scouts to his pro bowl while Reid and Dorsey were at another pro day.

RunKC
04-05-2013, 12:03 AM

They don't have to. Our HC just got the QB he's had wood for for years.

I can't wait until the 25th when the Geno crowd will finally just let it go.

penbrook
04-05-2013, 12:07 AM
They don't have to. Our HC just got the QB he's had wood for for years.

I can't wait until the 25th when the Geno crowd will finally just let it go.

Ok yes we did get A Smith. But were gonna draft him and hes gonna be the next Aaron Rodgers.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-05-2013, 12:14 AM
It's gonna be Geno.

penbrook
04-05-2013, 12:16 AM
It's gonna be Geno.

Yep. But some people refuse to believe that it will be him.

Simply Red
04-05-2013, 12:18 AM
oh. my. GOD!!!

Can we call Joeckel - LJ?!!!

Hammock Parties
04-05-2013, 12:18 AM
oh. my. GOD!!!

Can we call Joeckel - LJ?!!!

This! :evil:

Simply Red
04-05-2013, 12:19 AM
It's gonna be Geno.

do you really believe this Vanilla Thunder?

RunKC
04-05-2013, 12:49 AM
Ok yes we did get A Smith. But were gonna draft him and hes gonna be the next Aaron Rodgers.

April 25th will not be a good day for you. Just fair warning.

B14ckmon
04-05-2013, 12:58 AM

I absolutely cannot wait.

NJChiefsFan
04-05-2013, 01:12 AM

My guess is he goes right on focusing on something else with unrelenting rage while barely acknowledging what happened with the first pick.

Tribal Warfare
04-05-2013, 01:34 AM
Geno was the only person to visit Kc. We sent two very high ranking scouts to his pro bowl while Reid and Dorsey were at another pro day.

:spock:

Tribal Warfare
04-05-2013, 01:37 AM

I'll just say this Dorsey is on record that he wants to draft impact players, and if you read between the lines that would mean the pick will either be a QB or a passrusher with the 1st overall pick.

seamonster
04-05-2013, 03:09 AM
Before the 49er Chicago game was over back in November I called the Alex Smith to Kansas City trade. This is one of the most worthless quarterback classes in recent memory and whoever had the number one pick pretty much had their hands tied. Trading for another butt trifeling west coast quarterback and using the number one on an offensive lineman was inevitable.

PA Chiefs
04-05-2013, 04:00 AM
I still think we can draft Geno. It isn't out of the question, what we gve up for A.Smith was a lot but to solidify the QB position what really is to much like everyone knows it is the most important spot on a football team what is the limit you can invest. Harbaugh raved about Alex being more of a coach to Kap. during the end of the season and playoffs. So A.Smith comes in plays out his contract we have C.Daniels really on a 1 year type deal money doesn't get big till next year we showcase him in the preseason trade him next year for what we give up for A.Smith in 2014. Geno becomes #2 on the depth charts we draft his back-up in 2014 and A.Smith leaves and Geno becomes the man in 2015. I know that might all seem like a stretch but look at Reid and Dorsey track records is it that far fetched.

Abba-Dabba
04-05-2013, 04:23 AM
Before the 49er Chicago game was over back in November I called the Alex Smith to Kansas City trade. This is one of the most worthless quarterback classes in recent memory and whoever had the number one pick pretty much had their hands tied. Trading for another butt trifeling west coast quarterback and using the number one on an offensive lineman was inevitable.

You called that Pioli would draft a ILB and trade a 2nd rounder for Alex Smith on Nov. 20th. With expected moves like that from a failed regime... let's just continue the course with the next.

Ugh...

I'm beginning to think Carl stained the wood in the GM's office with a brain eating virus before he left.

patteeu
04-05-2013, 05:44 AM
If you had to compare Geno to somebody who would it be. I would say Jesus.

He's got Akili Smith's arm, JaMarcus Russell's work ethic, Vince Young's leadership and poise, and Casey Printer's chance of being a starter for the Chiefs this year. Maybe.

AdumbGuy
04-05-2013, 06:06 AM
He's got Akili Smith's arm, JaMarcus Russell's work ethic, Vince Young's leadership and poise, and Casey Printer's chance of being a starter for the Chiefs this year. Maybe.

Nice, but you forgot Vick's pet ownership skills.

Sorter
04-05-2013, 06:10 AM
:spock:

Also, which scouts did we send? ROFL

BossChief
04-05-2013, 07:24 AM
Andy Reid brought up passing on a massive offer for a trade down in 1999 and took McNabb even though he had already named Doug Pederson the starter.

John Dorsey makes it a point to "straighten up his back" and stand firm that he is Interested in drafting Geno...even if he needs to sit him for multiple years...even goes out of his way to point out a time when he used that strategy in the past with Aaron Rodgers.

I don't think you bring a quarterback for a two day visit/workout to Arrowhead and make all of these specific comments unless you are seriously interested in drafting the player.

Coogs
04-05-2013, 07:39 AM

I watched him on Gruden's QB show last night. His mental part of the game looks just fine.

ChiefMojo
04-05-2013, 07:42 AM
My question is, how will the Geno or bust crowd take having Geno on the bench for 2-3 years if we drafted him? Bet it wouldn't be pretty! If and I mean a big if we drafted Geno, that would likely happen and Dorsey was already planting the seed for that possibility.

Dave Lane
04-05-2013, 07:48 AM

You do know this is before he arrived in Kansas City and the staff had a chance to talk to him, you do know that right?

Dave Lane
04-05-2013, 07:49 AM
My question is, how will the Geno or bust crowd take having Geno on the bench for 2-3 years if we drafted him? Bet it wouldn't be pretty! If and I mean a big if we drafted Geno, that would likely happen and Dorsey was already planting the seed for that possibility.

If Smith can't beat Smith then yeah if he sits on the bench and learns I have no problem with it.

Chiefshrink
04-05-2013, 08:06 AM
I don't think you bring a quarterback for a two day visit/workout to Arrowhead and make all of these specific comments unless you are seriously interested in drafting the player.

Or if you are Reid/Dorsey you are trying to play some serious poker to trade down(to make up for blowing your smokescreen) because you had to sign AS when you did because many other suitors would have gotten him b4 you if you hadn't and knew the FA sucked and there were no real ready made QB's in this year's draft. But I do admire your positive outlook but I think you still need to stay with your gut and not get your hopes up.

Chiefnj2
04-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Andy Reid brought up passing on a massive offer for a trade down in 1999 and took McNabb even though he had already named Doug Pederson the starter.

John Dorsey makes it a point to "straighten up his back" and stand firm that he is Interested in drafting Geno...even if he needs to sit him for multiple years...even goes out of his way to point out a time when he used that strategy in the past with Aaron Rodgers.

Why didn't they bring in all the other top prospects for a workout? Do you think they aren't interest in them?

patteeu
04-05-2013, 08:23 AM
I watched him on Gruden's QB show last night. His mental part of the game looks just fine.

It was probably trick photography. :p

No, seriously, that's great. I'll love it if the Chiefs think enough of him to draft him. I'll trust that it's the right decision if they go in another direction though.

patteeu
04-05-2013, 08:26 AM

Let's hope everyone else thinks that too. That way, whether the Chiefs have real interest or not, it will maximize the chance that they have a trade down offer to weigh it against.

patteeu
04-05-2013, 08:27 AM
You do know this is before he arrived in Kansas City and the staff had a chance to talk to him, you do know that right?

It's been mentioned in this thread, so yeah, I know that. Thanks for reposting, just in case I missed it though. :)

Just Passin' By
04-05-2013, 08:57 AM

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000155253/article/nfl-draft-smoke-screens-make-it-hard-to-know-what-teams-think

Teams do this stuff all the time, and it's been going on forever.

TEX
04-05-2013, 09:18 AM
I just hope Dorsey's defination of "process" is much different to the point that it's the complete opposite of Pioli's defination...

TEX
04-05-2013, 09:22 AM
Let's hope everyone else thinks that too. That way, whether the Chiefs have real interest or not, it will maximize the chance that they have a trade down offer to weigh it against.

I have this fear that the Chiefs will pick first and then watch as J-Ville, Oakland, etc. trade their pick for multiple one's and really make a splash with talent and value. But, then again it's J-Ville and Oakland so maybe not...

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-05-2013, 04:33 PM

Trolling troll was a happy-troll, yes a happy troll was heeeeee....
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-05-2013, 04:38 PM

You can fire up the clown theme for every film and gif for Alice and Chase as they suck their way to multiple losses, and I'm STILL cool with Geno on the pine being properly developed. Two more years of suck doesnt bother me one goddamned bit because I KNOW what's coming when the time is right.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-05-2013, 04:42 PM
Or if you are Reid/Dorsey you are trying to play some serious poker to trade down(to make up for blowing your smokescreen) because you had to sign AS when you did because many other suitors would have gotten him b4 you if you hadn't and knew the FA sucked and there were no real ready made QB's in this year's draft. But I do admire your positive outlook but I think you still need to stay with your gut and not get your hopes up.

They play poker the way Hootie bangs supermodels HELL-OOOO! We've been through this already HELL-OOOO..MC FLYYYY....damn.
Posted via Mobile Device

Direckshun
04-05-2013, 04:48 PM
When I read BossChief's posts, I get a boner.

Just... interpret that however you will. Lord knows I will.

Cannibal
04-05-2013, 04:51 PM
I'm so tired of NFLN saying we're taking Joeckel. What a miserable draft season this turned into.

patteeu
04-05-2013, 04:57 PM
I'm so tired of NFLN saying we're taking Joeckel. What a miserable draft season this turned into.

A new era is upon us. It's time to rejoice, no matter who they pick in the draft.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-05-2013, 05:02 PM
A new era is upon us. It's time to rejoice, no matter who they pick in the draft.

Yeah! No.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cannibal
04-05-2013, 05:10 PM

I do agree with that and I don't care if they take Geno Smith. However, the Chiefs need a game breaking player, whether that be on Defense or Offense. I also hate that we went 2-14 in embarrassing fashion, earned the # 1 pick and now we're going recycle that pick into a position we already have a solid player occupying.

Very, very, unsexy, unexciting Draft coming up for us.

Our team has no balls.

Cannibal
04-05-2013, 05:19 PM
The # 1 pick should get you a player that can change games by making big plays, whether by scoring touchdowns by throwing, runnig or catching the ball, or by sacking the QB, forcing fumbles and getting safeties.

Cannibal
04-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Those types of plays swing momentum in a game.

Luke Joeckel adequately blocking his opponent is not going change the momentum in any game.

BossChief
04-05-2013, 05:22 PM

Where/when have I heard this before?

OrtonsPiercedTaint
04-05-2013, 05:26 PM
There is nothing worth while a rookie QB could learn from Alex Smith. That he couldn't learn from Matt Cassel, Damon Huard or Rex Grossman.

patteeu
04-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Where/when have I heard this before?

I don't know, were you out in San Francisco a couple of years ago by any chance?

Cannibal
04-05-2013, 05:30 PM
I don't even give a fuck about Geno any longer. I just don't want an OT.

Fuck that shit

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-05-2013, 05:32 PM

Luke Joeckel adequately blocking his opponent is not going change the momentum in any game.

Agreed, unless it allows AS to complete a pass without pressure upon his ass or opening a running lane for Charles. :rolleyes:

ChiefMojo
04-05-2013, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't count out Fisher yet!

BossChief
04-05-2013, 05:36 PM
When I read BossChief's posts, I get a boner.

Just... interpret that however you will. Lord knows I will.

I do what I can.

Cannibal
04-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Agreed, unless it allows AS to complete a pass without pressure upon his ass or opening a running lane for Charles. :rolleyes:

I agree that we need decent blocking. But you can get decent blocking without burning the # 1 pick on it. We need a play maker.

Cannibal
04-05-2013, 05:38 PM
If we must take a tackle, I'd rather have Fisher.

RealSNR
04-05-2013, 05:47 PM
I don't even give a fuck about Geno any longer. I just don't want an OT.

Fuck that shithttp://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6o6l9X8pD1rarw69o1_400.gif

When my team had the #1 overall pick, Clark Hunt used to talk to the fans. He came to see us and he said, “Who d’ya wanna draft, kid? Who do you want to watch play for this team? Tell me your dreams!”

So I said, "I want a quarterback! I want to go to the Super Bowl and win in such a spectacular way that's never been done before!" And he said, "Look, you're a Chiefs fan, so scale it down a bit, alright?"

"Alright, I want to draft a pass rusher, then! And rack up all these sacks that have never been done before!" And he said, "Look, you're a Chiefs fan, so scale it down a bit, alright?"

"Alright, I want a fat douchebag offensive tackle, then. And have him eat cheeseburgers that have never been eaten before! Then have him shit his pants on gameday!"

Frankie
04-05-2013, 05:53 PM
The # 1 pick should get you a player that can change games by making big plays, whether by scoring touchdowns by throwing, runnig or catching the ball, or by sacking the QB, forcing fumbles and getting safeties.

I agree. But there isn't one of those in this draft. Just a shitty year to pick at the top. Par for the course with Chiefs luck.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-05-2013, 05:54 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6o6l9X8pD1rarw69o1_400.gif

When my team had the #1 overall pick, Clark Hunt used to talk to the fans. He came to see us and he said, “Who d’ya wanna draft, kid? Who do you want to watch play for this team? Tell me your dreams!”

So I said, "I want a quarterback! I want to go to the Super Bowl and win in such a spectacular way that's never been done before!" And he said, "Look, you're a Chiefs fan, so scale it down a bit, alright?"

"Alright, I want to draft a pass rusher, then! And rack up all these sacks that have never been done before!" And he said, "Look, you're a Chiefs fan, so scale it down a bit, alright?"

"Alright, I want a fat douchebag offensive tackle, then. And have him eat cheeseburgers that have never been eaten before! Then have him shit his pants on gameday!"

lmao
Posted via Mobile Device

Cannibal
04-05-2013, 05:55 PM

That's actually not far off, what a pathetic predicament.

BossChief
04-05-2013, 05:59 PM
If we draft Joeckel first overall, as every mock and Vegas prop bets state, we will have the following invested in the OL

2 first rounders, one being first overall (Albert/Joeckel)
2 second rounders (Hudson/Allen)
2 third rounders (Asamoah/Stephenson)

That much investment in the OL should give us the best offensive line that has ever walked the earth for a decade.

BroncoDork
04-05-2013, 06:01 PM
The more I look at it, seems it's a waste of the 1.1 for Geno. He doesn't have ideal size, he doesn't have any scrambling dimension, he's a system QB from a coaching tree that produced QB's with massive college stats and poor NFL stats. I doubt passing on Geno is gonna come back and bite you in the ass down the road.

On the other hand, who IS worth the 1.1. Bad year to have the 1.1. Sharif Floyd? Fisher? Maybe someone will trade up with you, but you're not gonna get much for it. San Diego may be your best trade partner, but that's a can of worms. Maybe Philly is interested, AZ, who knows.

penbrook
04-05-2013, 06:02 PM
If we draft Joeckel first overall, as every mock and Vegas prop bets state, we will have the following invested in the OL

That much investment in the OL should give us the best offensive line that has ever walked the earth for a decade.

We need Geno not a LT.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-05-2013, 06:03 PM

No no! We can always do more, and for the rest of our lives!/dumbassed true fan
Posted via Mobile Device

Cannibal
04-05-2013, 06:03 PM
I agree. But there isn't one of those in this draft. Just a shitty year to pick at the top. Par for the course with Chiefs luck.

You're correct.

BossChief
04-05-2013, 07:11 PM
If we draft Geno, we would have a "blueprint" type of team where we have the right amount of investment at the important positions.

First round quarterback with significant investment in backup.
First round left tackle with 2 seconds and a third round pick as compliments.
First round pass rusher with third round compliment
Multiple first round picks on the DL as well as a third rounder
Two second rounders at CB as well as a significant free agent
A playmaking safety that is a beast against the run.
A third rounder at tight end and complimented with a significant free agent pickup.
A first round pick WR1 and a first and second as compliments as well as a significant free agent pickup
An all pro middle linebacker
An all pro running back

I mean...if they can draft Geno and he is really to take over mid 2014, that's a championship contending team...it HAS TO BE.

RealSNR
04-05-2013, 07:13 PM
The more I look at it, seems it's a waste of the 1.1 for Geno. He doesn't have ideal size, he doesn't have any scrambling dimension, he's a system QB from a coaching tree that produced QB's with massive college stats and poor NFL stats. I doubt passing on Geno is gonna come back and bite you in the ass down the road.

On the other hand, who IS worth the 1.1. Bad year to have the 1.1. Sharif Floyd? Fisher? Maybe someone will trade up with you, but you're not gonna get much for it. San Diego may be your best trade partner, but that's a can of worms. Maybe Philly is interested, AZ, who knows.

Did you go to Columbine? If so, why couldn't you have been one of the victims?

penbrook
04-05-2013, 07:15 PM
If we draft Geno, we would have a "blueprint" type of team where we have the right amount of investment at the important positions.

A third rounder at tight end and complimented with a significant free agent pickup.
A first round pick WR1 and a first and second as compliments as well as a significant free agent pickup
An all pro running back

I mean...if they can draft Geno and he is really to take over mid 2014, that's a championship contending team...it HAS TO BE.

This :clap:

Tombstone RJ
04-05-2013, 07:18 PM

An all pro running back

ROFL

Chiefshrink
04-05-2013, 11:55 PM
I wouldn't count out Fisher yet!

Hey Mayock's new No.1 LT is now Fisher. Watch out ! :rolleyes:

Mav
04-06-2013, 12:18 AM
There is nothing worth while a rookie QB could learn from Alex Smith. That he couldn't learn from Matt Cassel, Damon Huard or Rex Grossman.
This is about the dumbest fucking statement I have ever read. Alex Smith, without any coaching help, taught the 49ers offense to the team. It was stated very many times that after he was benched for Kaepernick that Alex Smith was coaching him, more than Greg Roman, or Jim Harbaugh. Alex Smith is brilliant. Hes a shitty to mediocre qb, but he knows how to coach, and he knows the playbook inside and out. For all of the slams on Alex, this is prollythe worst I have ever seen.

Direckshun
04-06-2013, 07:28 AM

LMAO

And on the seventh scaled-down request, Clark Hunt saw it was good, and rested.

Direckshun
04-06-2013, 07:31 AM

An all pro running back

I've been saying this for years. The Chiefs have been a sneaky good team at drafting dating back to 2008. Among the league's best.

boogblaster
04-06-2013, 09:31 AM
dont think they're gonna take Geno .. but if they do .. relax sporties .. he wont start this year .....

mcaj22
04-06-2013, 09:36 AM
I've been saying this for years. The Chiefs have been a sneaky good team at drafting dating back to 2008. Among the league's best.

are you high? the last four chiefs draft classes rival the matt millen lions as some of the worst

we have been an awful drafting team

OrtonsPiercedTaint
04-06-2013, 09:38 AM
This is about the dumbest ****ing statement I have ever read. Alex Smith, without any coaching help, taught the 49ers offense to the team. It was stated very many times that after he was benched for Kaepernick that Alex Smith was coaching him, more than Greg Roman, or Jim Harbaugh. Alex Smith is brilliant. Hes a shitty to mediocre qb, but he knows how to coach, and he knows the playbook inside and out. For all of the slams on Alex, this is prollythe worst I have ever seen.

This full size 4X4 truck gets the best gas milage of all full size trucks available. The 1.4 liter engine is down right stingy!

Lex Luthor
04-06-2013, 09:41 AM
dont think they're gonna take Geno .. but if they do .. relax sporties .. he wont start this year .....

http://4.cdn.tapcdn.com/images/thumbs/taps/2012/07/9gag-spoilers-by-captain-obvious-339fb1ba-sz700x1108-animate.jpg

Simply Red
09-18-2014, 08:49 AM

http://i62.tinypic.com/mmftlj.gif