PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Breaking down a position.

Direckshun
04-13-2013, 04:27 PM
We're pretty much to the point where those who follow the draft know everything we can pretty much know about the dudes in the upcoming draft.

My question for the non-draft followers:

Which position would you like to see a run-down of?

Either because you're not familiar enough with the talent at the position, or because you'd like to see a comprehensive re-cap, or what.

Name the position, and I'll do a quick recap of the position if/when I have some time one of these nights. I have a couple slow ones coming up. Consider this a public service.

Poll of all the positions (minus special teams) coming in a moment.

HoneyBadger
04-13-2013, 04:49 PM
None. Doesn't matter. It will just depress me when we draft all linemen this year.

cdcox
04-13-2013, 04:50 PM
Long snapper.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Fuck the draft.
Posted via Mobile Device

DTLB58
04-13-2013, 05:26 PM
ILB

I think it's pretty important the Chiefs get stability at this position like they have at the 3 LB spots. And I'd rather it come from the draft so we can get someone young that they can teach this new Defense to and have the energy to fly around out there and perform not some over the hill FA veteran on his last leg.

Break it down. :)

Rain Man
04-13-2013, 05:33 PM
I am wondering if the draft needs to start specifying 3-4 vs 4-3 defensive linemen. it is hard to tell who is a projected nose tackle verses 4-3 tackle and the same problem is true for 3-4 outside linebackers verses 4-3 defensive ends. so who projects where in those positions, recognizing that some could serve either role.

BlackHelicopters
04-13-2013, 05:36 PM
TE

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-13-2013, 05:38 PM
TE

Considering our asshole Quarterback; great call.
Posted via Mobile Device

Urc Burry
04-13-2013, 05:43 PM
RB.. It's a position that no one talks about, but I see us using a later round pick on. I think Cyrus is a nice fit in Reid's offense, but he has yet to show anything

Rasputin
04-13-2013, 05:46 PM
I voted tell us more about your whore of a mother.

Desperate times

-King-
04-13-2013, 06:27 PM
Punt team gunners.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ace Gunner
04-13-2013, 06:40 PM
what? no Geno option? :D

HoneyBadger
04-13-2013, 08:50 PM
P.s. I don't think anyone here cares.

RealSNR
04-13-2013, 08:58 PM
I am wondering if the draft needs to start specifying 3-4 vs 4-3 defensive linemen. it is hard to tell who is a projected nose tackle verses 4-3 tackle and the same problem is true for 3-4 outside linebackers verses 4-3 defensive ends. so who projects where in those positions, recognizing that some could serve either role.

Absolutely. The draft has come a long way since the Ravens picked Terrell Suggs and some people criticized that they took a DE to play OLB.

(Seriously. Remember that happening? And obviously it's not like that sort of thing wasn't done a million times before, it was just in an age where draft coverage was way less in the public eye.)

In the meantime, however, it's still a problem for 3-4 teams. When the board lists your player as a DT, what the hell does that mean? DE or NT? If you take a player like JJ Watt, who was an oversized 4-3 DE in college and then list him as a DE on the board, is he an OLB or DE in the 3-4?

RealSNR
04-13-2013, 09:01 PM
I also chose TE, simply because the rankings are literally all over the goddamn place after Eifert and Ertz come off the board. This is the kind of draft where you'll see a few teams "reach" on TEs ranked as 7th rounders by Mel and the gang as high as the 3rd round, simply because one scout's opinion is just as good as the next guy's.

Canofbier
04-14-2013, 12:45 AM
I voted ILB, because it seems likely that we'll take one and there's hardly a consensus "best" player that will be available for either of our third rounders. I'd be interested to learn more about the candidates.

lcarus
04-14-2013, 12:52 AM
I just faxed my dad to ask him what a "run-down" is.

Saccopoo
04-14-2013, 01:07 AM
I voted for the whore.

Is there pics?

rtmike
04-14-2013, 01:39 AM
Great idea.

In agreement with ILB. It's seems to be the position that gets no love.

Ming the Merciless
04-14-2013, 01:56 AM
I have a couple slow ones coming up.

You mean nights where youre going to post more stuff in between posting more stuff?

bevischief
04-14-2013, 04:02 AM
Outside of QB where does midget rape rate?

Direckshun
04-14-2013, 09:47 AM
You mean nights where youre going to post more stuff in between posting more stuff?

Something along those lines, yes.

Direckshun
04-14-2013, 09:48 AM
P.s. I don't think anyone here cares.

Also possible.

Coogs
04-14-2013, 10:32 AM
WR

Not to diminish Aaron Rodgers in anyway, but that dude has had some weapons to go along with what he brings to the table. They are never out of a game because of that. Now they are going to have to retool that a bit this year, but IMO so are we.

And since Andy Reed is one who likes to put the ball in the air, I don't think we have enough right now to do just that.

I would add Austin to the group, no matter how high we have to take him.

But maybe you can convince me we have a Packer like stable of WR's already on hand.

I'd like to think a 4 WR set of Bowe, Avery, Austin, and McCluster would be very tough to defend. Much more so than Bowe, Avery, McCluster, and Wiley.

And an emptey backfield look of Bowe, Avery, Austin, McCluster, and Charles could be unbelievable. Wouldn't need 5 HOFers across the O-line with those sets.

Chiefshrink
04-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Kickers. I was sold on Succopp early on but not so much now. We need a touchback type of kicker who hits more in the clutch which Succopp is starting to show cracks IMO.

Sorter
04-14-2013, 08:07 PM
Is this a breakdown of the position itself and how it relates to our new coaches?

Or is it a breakdown of the draft prospects at said position?

Deberg_1990
04-14-2013, 08:09 PM
We're pretty much to the point where those who follow the draft know everything we can pretty much know about the dudes in the upcoming draft.

My question for the non-draft followers:

Which position would you like to see a run-down of?

Either because you're not familiar enough with the talent at the position, or because you'd like to see a comprehensive re-cap, or what.

Name the position, and I'll do a quick recap of the position if/when I have some time one of these nights. I have a couple slow ones coming up. Consider this a public service.

Poll of all the positions (minus special teams) coming in a moment.

Who are the elite fullbacks coming out this year?