PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Peter Kings top 10 mock....April 15

Deberg_1990
04-15-2013, 07:55 AM
1. Kansas City hasn't found any takers for franchised left tackle Branden Albert -- I hear the Chiefs would take a high second-round pick for him -- and regardless whether Albert's moved or not, I don't see them doing anything but taking tackles Luke Joeckel or Eric Fisher first.

2. Jacksonville GM David Caldwell, choosing second overall, says he's narrowed the pick down to two names. (Well, I should hope so, if you're picking second.) I think coach new coach Gus Bradley looks at a special pass rusher here, figuring he can find plugger interior defensive linemen and corners down the line, the way he's done in his last couple of coaching stops.

3. Oakland. Reggie McKenzie wants out of this pick. He really wants to recoup the second that was blown in the Carson Palmer trade. I can't see it happening.

4. Philadelphia. Eagles have been nutty about getting players who fit the 3-4. Hear they like Star Lotulelei a lot to play all along the line, even at nose. Where they go -- Geno Smith, pass rusher, best corner in the draft -- I don't know, but my guess is pass rusher.

5. Detroit. One of the two good tackles, Joeckel or Fisher, or cornerback Dee Milliner.

6. Cleveland. Another team that wants to trade out badly. The Browns might figure they can trade down a few spots and still get Geno Smith if that's who they want; maybe one of the tackle-loving teams -- Buffalo, San Diego, Miami -- will figure if Joeckel and Fisher are gone here, the only way to get Lane Johnson is to move ahead of Arizona at seven. (That's what I certainly figure.) So the Browns could be in a good spot to pick up the second-rounder they lost last year when picking Josh Gordon in the Supplemental Draft.

7. Arizona. How do the Cardinals not take Lane Johnson if he's there?

8. Buffalo. Heard guard a lot over the weekend, with coach Doug Marrone figuring he can get his quarterback either at 41 overall or by moving up 10 to 15 spots to get Ryan Nassib or the QB of his dreams.

9. New York Jets. Rex Ryan might want a corner (is the Pope an Argentinean?) but I hear he's awfully smitten with Barkevious (brother of Hughtavious) Mingo of LSU.

10. Tennessee. Another lineman, maybe a guard, is what I hear.

Scattershooting after that: I did one mock draft Saturday night that ended with no quarterbacks in the first round. But I eventually put Geno Smith in my mock for the magazine, because there's just too much smoke about him going in the first round. I just don't know who's going to take him ... At 13, Tampa Bay is growing impatient with the Jets on this Darrelle Revis trade. What I'm hearing is the current discussion is first-, third- and fifth-round picks for Revis, though I don't know which picks are this year and which next. If the Bucs stay put, they love Tavon Austin ...

At 16, St. Louis has to think receiver or safety. My money's on a safety here, because the Rams figure the market is so crowded with wideouts with make-it grades they can easily get one at 46 in round two. I think the Rams, and many other mid-round teams, worry about the long-term viability of freaky talent Cordarrelle Patterson. "Randy Moss type,'' said one personnel man to me. "That can be good, but obviously not all good." ... I agree with the Pittsburgh-Jarvis Jones linkage at 17 ... Study history if you want to have the best chance to nail the Giants, at 19, and know they've taken four pass rushers high in the last 10 drafts and just lost Osi Umenyiora in free agency ...

At 20, Chicago seems poised to take a tight end or Brian Urlacher heir, with all the offensive linemen likely gone by this point ... Cincinnati (21) likes Alec Ogletree and Eddie Lacy -- and a strange one for this high: Houston cornerback D.J. Hayden, who had a risky heart-valve problem in 2011 but now checks out OK. Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer has spent loads of time investigating Hayden ...

As I reported Sunday night, Minnesota GM Rick Spielman ate dinner the night before the Notre Dame Pro Day with Manti Te'o. The Vikings have four Notre Dame players on their roster. As Archie Bunker might say, Ipso fatso there Edith, that imaginary guy's going to the Vikings. Then again, he might not. But the Vikes do have two picks, 23 and 25, right in the Te'o neighborhood, and Minnesota has Tyrone McKenzie at middle linebacker ... Clueless about New England at 29, but the Pats pick 29, 59 and 91, and then not again until the seventh round. You have to figure one of those, at least, is a receiver, and one's a corner ...

Now for the Super Bowl participants. San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh has been at a high number of receiver workouts, I'm told. "This isn't about 2013 for the Niners,'' one GM told me. "Harbaugh knows he'll be there for a while. They just lost Randy Moss, and Anquan Boldin is there for a year, and they don't know about [2012 first-round pick] A.J. Jenkins [out of Illinois]. Receiver's very logical for them there.'' Harbaugh is one who wouldn't be scared of Patterson. I like that match ...

At 32, Baltimore would love a physical safety to play alongside free-agent acquisition Michael Huff, but it could be that all three big safeties here (Kenny Vaccaro, Matt Elam and Jonathan Cyprien) are all gone, and a tight end they love, Tyler Eifert, is gone too. Alec Ogletree wouldn't surprise here, but the guy I gave them in my mock draft is someone I haven't seen anyone else put in the first round. It's that kind of year in mock draft-land.

Finally: Quarterbacks Matt Barkley, Ryan Nassib and E.J. Manuel all should be gone by 41. (Buffalo picks there, and I expect the Bills to take a quarterback in the first two rounds.) The quarterback position is the toughest to figure in this draft. A sliding Geno Smith could make it more problematic if he's not taken in the first dozen picks -- and I cannot promise he will be.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130415/mock-draft-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/#ixzz2QXYAcwgS

Imon Yourside
04-15-2013, 07:57 AM
Pissoli...err I mean King can suck it. Still taking orders from Pioli eh?

Rasputin
04-15-2013, 07:57 AM
Who gives a fuck about Peter King? Am asking a legit question.

BlackHelicopters
04-15-2013, 08:05 AM
Peter King= journalist.

Messier
04-15-2013, 08:05 AM
What the hell is this? Great read. Peter King tells you he doesn't know who the top ten picks will be.

wazu
04-15-2013, 08:07 AM
What the hell is this? Great read. Peter King tells you he doesn't know who the top ten picks will be.

I know. Way to drive a stake in the ground there, Pete. Boring and useless as always.

HC_Chief
04-15-2013, 08:09 AM
Peter King is a hack

Otter
04-15-2013, 08:20 AM
Peter King is a hack And a poor one...seriously why isn't there someone from CP doing his job? Milkman?

Hoover
04-15-2013, 08:32 AM
So a mock draft that doesn't include any actual picks. NICE...

Chiefnj2
04-15-2013, 08:39 AM
In King's defense - nobody would do well submitting a final mock 2 weeks before the draft (especially this year). All the leaks come out in the last few days, which is why all the Mayock, Kiper, etc., all release a final mock within the last 24 hours.

04-15-2013, 09:52 AM
Is anyone one mocking a QB to us at all now?

Mr. Laz
04-15-2013, 09:58 AM
mock that is not really a mock

suzzer99
04-15-2013, 10:06 AM
Who had us taking Berry before the leak window? What are those guys saying?

ChiefMojo
04-15-2013, 10:12 AM
No one has mocked a QB to us in months.

Bowser
04-15-2013, 10:13 AM
King had some unpaid intern write that crap for him.

RealSNR
04-15-2013, 10:39 AM
LEAVE PETER KING ALONE

suzzer99
04-15-2013, 10:45 AM
Has the Dallas guy (forget his name) released a mock yet?

Rausch
04-15-2013, 10:46 AM
LEAVE PETER KING ALONE

He will die alone eating pasta and I will smile...

DaneMcCloud
04-15-2013, 11:20 AM
Who gives a fuck about Peter King? Am asking a legit question.

Peter King is merely sharing information he's gathered because that's his job. His opinions are usually way off base, which is something he constantly admits.

DaneMcCloud
04-15-2013, 11:21 AM
And a poor one...seriously why isn't there someone from CP doing his job? Milkman?

Right...

:rolleyes:

No offense to Milkman, but he's not on the phone with any given GM, owner, team president or the commissioner on a daily basis.

Rausch
04-15-2013, 11:23 AM
Right...

:rolleyes:

No offense to Milkman, but he's not on the phone with any given GM, owner, team president or the commissioner on a daily basis.

I don't think he'd have the patience for that job after about 20 minutes...

Warrior5
04-15-2013, 12:19 PM
Piss on King.

DTLB58
04-15-2013, 12:27 PM
PK tweeted yesterday, besides one of the OT @ #1 I have no idea.

And I believe it! That was the worst most discombobulated bunch of bull crap I've ever seen written by him. Jeez Louise. :eek:

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-15-2013, 12:32 PM
NO, Peter. WRONG, Peter.
Posted via Mobile Device

L.A. Chieffan
04-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Dude needs to retire. I dont think he gives a crap anymore

ptlyon
04-15-2013, 12:44 PM
I hope treatment works out for the fat bastard

MahiMike
04-15-2013, 12:45 PM