PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Teicher tweeting the Oline alignment today....

DTLB58
04-16-2013, 02:01 PM
With Albert out they lined up like this.

@adamteicher: Starting OL, L to R: stephenson, Allen, Hudson, Asamoah, Schwartz

Also, Moeaki was the only guy present but not participating. Ugh!

RealSNR
04-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Gay. I don't trust Allen at all as the starting LG

Mr. Laz
04-16-2013, 02:05 PM
but you trust him at RT?

gay-er

RealSNR
04-16-2013, 02:06 PM
but you trust him at RT?

gay-er

I trust him on the bench until he proves in practice and in games that he's not a worthless piece of shit. pillowbiter.

kc79
04-16-2013, 03:17 PM
So, Hudson isn't hurt? Keep seeing people post saying he won't be ready to play

Saccopoo
04-16-2013, 03:20 PM
So, Hudson isn't hurt? Keep seeing people post saying he won't be ready to play

He broke his leg. It DID NOT require surgery, but he was going to be on crutches and a cast/walking boot for a long enough time that they just IR'd him last season.

No tendons were ripped, no knee was destroyed, etc.

Again, he did not require surgery. The bone healed on it's own.

Sassy Squatch
Intredasting that Schwartz is the RT

CoMoChief
Hudson was out there? hmmm....

Oh..and Allen sucks.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Don't worry. Dorsey probably has Warmack tagged as BPA @ #1

mcaj22
04-16-2013, 03:21 PM
lol how useless Moeaki

mcaj22
04-16-2013, 03:23 PM
that has to be the least experienced o-line in the NFL, Alex Smith would last 5 games

Ceej
04-16-2013, 03:29 PM
that has to be the least experienced o-line in the NFL, Alex Smith would last 5 games

Whew.

Good thing the season doesn't start tomorrow then.

mcaj22
04-16-2013, 03:31 PM
Whew.

Good thing the season doesn't start tomorrow then.

there is absolutely no way they can improve that oline between now and the season unless they keep Albert

if they trade Albert we are ****ed. But if you think they have money or there is some FA out there that can improve the line, we are going to war with at least four of those guys as opening day starters and that is a bad, bad thing in terms of risk of your 30 year old QB

Direckshun
04-16-2013, 03:31 PM
That's a young group, we desperately need to resign Albert. There's no leader there.

Albert's not a leader.

Ceej
04-16-2013, 03:32 PM
there is absolutely no way they can improve that oline between now and the season unless they keep Albert

if they trade Albert we are ****ed. But if you think they have money or there is some FA out there that can improve the line, we are going to war with at least four of those guys as opening day starters and that is a bad, bad thing in terms of risk of your 30 year old QB

I apologize for not looking too much into any of this on April 16th.

Much ado about nothing.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-16-2013, 03:34 PM
Makes the Fisher draft a little more inevitable.

RealSNR
04-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Albert's not a leader.

Because he had a contract dispute?

Priest Holmes had a contract dispute. Dwayne Bowe had a contract dispute. Are those guys not leaders?

Mr. Laz
I trust him on the bench until he proves in practice and in games that he's not a worthless piece of shit. pillowbiter.
you really should cut down on the caffeine ... or the crack.

talk about a quick trigger

mcaj22

Much ado about nothing.

seeing how the draft is coming up, there is plenty to look into. An anemic, inexperienced line makes you think Fisher or Joeckel is a desperate need as a security blanket. Almost forced it into because the line prospects are so bad today

Sorter
Albert's not a leader.

WHile I don't know if that is true or not and certainly won't speculate as to who the "leaders" are on a team that aren't largely publicized (Ray Lewis), my primary reason behind keeping Albert would be to maintain consistency on the OL. Additionally, having a veteran LT who from what little I've been able to gather form interviews and such, he seems like he's been supportive of the other young OL players (namely Allen and Stephenson) and is beneficial as a teacher.

The last part is something that I think few rarely discuss or acknowledge but it exceptionally beneficial on any team. Veterans who embrace young talent who might replace them is something that is undervalued by most, IMO.

Direckshun
04-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Because he had a contract dispute?

Priest Holmes had a contract dispute. Dwayne Bowe had a contract dispute. Are those guys not leaders?

No, because there's absolutely no evidence in five years that he's ever exhibited leadership.

Now, it's possible he has and we just don't know about it. But in this day and age, that's not very freaking likely.

It's pretty obvious who a team's leaders are.

mcaj22
04-16-2013, 03:40 PM
No, because there's absolutely no evidence in five years that he's ever exhibited leadership.

Now, it's possible he has and we just don't know about it. But in this day and age, that's not very freaking likely.

and dare i ask, who are the team leaders? because i dont see one vocal player on this team

RealSNR
04-16-2013, 03:42 PM

Last year's leader on the offensive line was apparently Ryan Lilja. I didn't hear about all the great leadership shit that he did.

Same goes for Matt Cassel. What the fuck did he ever do to exhibit team leadership?

What if this team's leaders are Thomas Gafford and Edgar Jones? We don't fucking know. We're not in the locker room. All we know is that we don't have some empty-headed douchebag like Tebow or Ray Lewis yelling their asses off. But that doesn't mean a player isn't a leader if he doesn't exhibit those behaviors.

Direckshun
04-16-2013, 03:42 PM
and dare i ask, who are the team leaders? because i dont see one vocal player on this team

We don't really have any on offense. Cassel and Winston were the closest we had to outspoken leaders of the unit, and they're both gone. On defense, Belcher was clearly one until... yeah.

Flowers and Berry are also pretty well known as players their teammates love to rally behind. Berry's probably the closest we have to a leader on this team.

Maybe Alex Smith will emerge.

RealSNR
04-16-2013, 03:43 PM

Eric Berry appears to have taken that role over on defense.

I couldn't point you to anybody on offense. Jon Baldwin works out at night. That's about all I know.

silver5liter
04-16-2013, 03:44 PM
Adam Teicher ‏@adamteicher 1m

Practice is over. A couple of notes: Chiefs later shuffled OL and lined up this way left to right . . .

Adam Teicher ‏@adamteicher 37s

Stephenson, Schwartz, Hudson, Asamoah, Allen. Remember that Allen played tackle in college at Illinois. Hudson looked fine, BTW

Direckshun
04-16-2013, 03:45 PM
Last year's leader on the offensive line was apparently Ryan Lilja. I didn't hear about all the great leadership shit that he did.

Same goes for Matt Cassel. What the **** did he ever do to exhibit team leadership?

He ran a goddamn practice by himself during the lockout, SNR, as the clearest example.

Don't you even try to belittle that.

What if this team's leaders are Thomas Gafford and Edgar Jones? We don't ****ing know. We're not in the locker room.

We basically are in the locker room, in 2013. The media has more access now than ever, and we're closer to the players than ever thanks to social media.

There is not one shred of anything that Albert was a guy his teammates rallied around.

He's just a guy that has been well-liked, does his job really well, and does his thing. Like every other Pro Bowl talent on this team, seemingly...

Pasta Little Brioni
04-16-2013, 03:47 PM

Much ado about nothing.

The dude is an absolute drama queen. It's ridiculous. But, he expects us to believe Terrel Pryor would be Russ Wilson the 2nd if the Faiders played him this year ROFL

All 5 of those Chief OL have starting experience BTW

DaneMcCloud
04-16-2013, 03:50 PM

Same goes for Matt Cassel. What the fuck did he ever do to exhibit team leadership?

What if this team's leaders are Thomas Gafford and Edgar Jones? We don't fucking know. We're not in the locker room. All we know is that we don't have some empty-headed douchebag like Tebow or Ray Lewis yelling their asses off. But that doesn't mean a player isn't a leader if he doesn't exhibit those behaviors.

This is one of the biggest issues moving forward, IMO: Who are or who will be this team's leader(s)?

Judging from the lack of success the Chiefs have experienced since the 2006 season (and really, 2005), I'd venture to say that they really haven't had a vocal offensive or defensive leader, let alone, a guy that leads the team overall.

Cassel wanted that role but his play on the field negated it. Berry was certainly becoming a strong player by the end of his rookie season but I think it took until December of 2012 before he was ready to lead and play well.

This team hasn't had a true leader since Trent Green's heyday. That's a long damn time.

Direckshun
04-16-2013, 03:51 PM
Interesting swap of Allen and Schwartz at LG and RT....

Hm. I think SNR was theorizing they might do that exact thing.

I've always believed how you end a practice is more important than how you begin it.

I think Joeckel, Schwartz, Hudson, Asamoah, and Allen may be the line...

Mr. Flopnuts
04-16-2013, 03:52 PM

ROFL Did you type out pillowbiter or the 3 letter F word that gets turned into that? Cracks me up.

mcaj22
04-16-2013, 03:53 PM
they need a vocal/leader that's a LBer in the worst way

ChiefAshhole20
04-16-2013, 03:54 PM
1.1) Manti Te'o

Saccopoo

I've always believed how you end a practice is more important than how you begin it.

Neither Allen nor Joeckel are beating out Stephenson for the right tackle spot once Albert shows up.

Direckshun
they need a vocal/leader that's a LBer in the worst way

Arthur Brown, come on down...

AJ Klein is another great leadership guy.

Vince Williams is awesome. He's not the Manti Te'o nice guy leader, he's the asshole big mouth that gives other teams bulletin board material. Total Bart Scott type personality. I wish he was better, though.

Direckshun
04-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Neither Allen nor Joeckel are beating out Stephenson for the right tackle spot once Albert shows up.

Reeeeeeally.... you think so?

You think Stephenson showed that well last year, eh?

Edit: it's obvious that if we bring in Joeckel with Albert still on the roster, he will get auto-elevated to starting RT. And I'm willing to put a bet on the line for that if that comes to pass.

mcaj22
04-16-2013, 03:56 PM
Arthur Brown, come on down...

AJ Klein is another great leadership guy.

Vince Williams is awesome. He's not the Manti Te'o nice guy leader, he's the asshole big mouth that gives other teams bulletin board material. Total Bart Scott type personality. I wish he was better, though.

the problem is they need a 2nd round to get either guy

pissing away that 2nd rounder they are going to miss out on a run of a lot of good players that could help us while they sit on their thumbs and twist until the 3rd round

Direckshun
04-16-2013, 03:57 PM
You don't need a 2nd rounder for AJ Klein, most likely. He's probably a 3rd to 5th rounder.

Just FYI.

Vince Williams you can have in the 6th or 7th. He might even go UDFA.

mcaj22
04-16-2013, 03:57 PM

Edit: it's obvious that if we bring in Joeckel with Albert still on the roster, he will get auto-elevated to starting RT. And I'm willing to put a bet on the line for that if that comes to pass.

Stephenson is huge and we have coach that played god awful RTs like King Dunlap and Winston Justice just because they were big with no experience, and they got beat like a drum all year long and he still left them in to suck

The Franchise
04-16-2013, 03:58 PM
Adam Teicher ‏@adamteicher 1m

Practice is over. A couple of notes: Chiefs later shuffled OL and lined up this way left to right . . .

Adam Teicher ‏@adamteicher 37s

Stephenson, Schwartz, Hudson, Asamoah, Allen. Remember that Allen played tackle in college at Illinois. Hudson looked fine, BTW

That makes more sense.

Saccopoo
04-16-2013, 04:01 PM

Yep.

And I think he would be in the conversation as the first tackle off the board in this draft class had he stayed for his senior season. He was markedly better than Lane Johnson his junior year.

He's got excellent feet, is very athletic for a guy of his size and keeps his guy in front of him. (Go look at his combine numbers. His burst numbers are ridiculous for an offensive lineman.)

He was thrown into the games last season because of injury after getting zero reps with the first team and while he got beat at times, he also showed good mechanics and footwork and beat his guy as well.

I'd be shocked if the offensive line didn't look like this come the first regular season game:

LT: Albert
RG: Schwartz
C: Hudson
RG: Asamoah
RT: Stephenson

Direckshun
04-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Stephenson is huge and we have coach that played god awful RTs like King Dunlap and Winston Justice just because they were big with no experience, and they got beat like a drum all year long and he still left them in to suck

Not what I'd call a sturdy argument, there.

By that logic, you can pencil in Geoff Schwartz as our next RT.

Direckshun
04-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Yep.

And I think he would be in the conversation as the first tackle off the board in this draft class had he stayed for his senior season. He was markedly better than Lane Johnson his junior year.

He's got excellent feet, is very athletic for a guy of his size and keeps his guy in front of him. (Go look at his combine numbers. His burst numbers are ridiculous for an offensive lineman.)

He was thrown into the games last season because of injury after getting zero reps with the first team and while he got beat at times, he also showed good mechanics and footwork and beat his guy as well.

I'd be shocked if the offensive line didn't look like this come the first regular season game:

You'd be "shocked" if we traded Albert and drafted Joeckel/Fisher?

Needless to say, I hope you do not have a heart condition...

I agree on Stephenson, except for the hilarious assertion that he'd be a Top 10 pick in this draft. He did not play too well last year but I don't hold that against him, blocking for Brady Quinn and Brian Daboll's hobbled offense in his rookie year is not condemning. I thought he looked like a starting caliber RT to me was on the horizon, and a good LT patch if need be.

Good value for a 3rd rounder. I've made this claim before, but we really were a Top 5 drafting team during *****'s tenure. Folks hate to hear that but there it is.

Beating out Allen and Schwartz at RT seems reasonable for him. Beating out Joeckel or especially Fisher at RT? Crazy talk.

Saccopoo
04-16-2013, 04:17 PM
You'd be "shocked" if we traded Albert and drafted Joeckel/Fisher?

Needless to say, I hope you do not have a heart condition...

I agree on Stephenson, except for the hilarious assertion that he'd be a Top 10 pick in this draft. He did not play too well last year but I don't hold that against him, blocking for Brady Quinn and Brian Daboll's hobbled offense in his rookie year is not condemning. I thought he looked like a starting caliber RT to me was on the horizon, and a good LT patch if need be.

Good value for a 3rd rounder. I've made this claim before, but we really were a Top 5 drafting team during *****'s tenure. Folks hate to hear that but there it is.

Beating out Allen and Schwartz at RT seems reasonable for him. Beating out Joeckel or especially Fisher at RT? Crazy talk.

Well, there is the hilarious assertion that Luke Joeckel is going to be a Top 10 pick in this years draft and he wasn't even the best tackle on his college team. There is also the hilarious assertion that Lane Johnson might be a Top 10 pick in this years draft and I guarantee you that Don Stephenson was a metric shit ton better than Johnson on the same team in the same class (Don declared a year early).

Stephenson has prototype size, very good feet and hands and had substantially better combine numbers than Joeckel or Fisher.

Yeah, I'm pretty darn sure he'd be in the conversation had he stayed for his senior year.

mcaj22
04-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Not what I'd call a sturdy argument, there.

By that logic, you can pencil in Geoff Schwartz as our next RT.

it doesnt matter if its Schwartz, Allen or Stephenson at RT. you are getting a RT that lacks experience no matter how you slice it and by game 5 it will make fans wishing we still had Winston either way. None of them are going to come close to locking down the position and Alex Smith will be taking 50 sacks easy

Direckshun
04-16-2013, 04:21 PM
I'm sorry, but it doesn't translate. Either he's doing less with more physical ability or Joeckel/Fisher are doing more with less, because they are outstanding technicians whereas Stephenson still needs work on his kickslide. Fisher also plays with an aggressive power that is not a part of Stephenson's game.

I think it's pretty clear Stephenson was drafted to be used as leverage in a future Branden Albert standoff with Scott Pioli. He's a finesse-type left tackle. I think he's talented enough to play right tackle, however.

But 32 teams out of 32 teams would agree with me that, all things being equal, Joeckel/Fisher > Stephenson. At RT or LT.

penbrook
04-16-2013, 04:23 PM
Derrick Johnson will be on NFL Total Access in about a half an hour to talk about state of the franchise.

mcaj22
04-16-2013, 04:24 PM
Donald Stephenson was drafted because Scooter didnt want to pick Russel Wilson. Because Scooter is a fraud.

DTLB58
04-16-2013, 04:25 PM
That makes more sense.

Schwartz at his size 6'6" 340 just sounds out of place to be a guard to me.

Saccopoo
04-16-2013, 04:41 PM
I'm sorry, but it doesn't translate. Either he's doing less with more physical ability or Joeckel/Fisher are doing more with less, because they are outstanding technicians whereas Stephenson still needs work on his kickslide. Fisher also plays with an aggressive power that is not a part of Stephenson's game.

And how many Central Michigan games have you watched to assess this?

I haven't seen one, so I can't make much comment on Fisher other than his combine and Senior Bowl stuff.

I think it's pretty clear Stephenson was drafted to be used as leverage in a future Branden Albert standoff with Scott *****. He's a finesse-type left tackle. I think he's talented enough to play right tackle, however.

I agree, but he was also drafted because the Chiefs didn't have dick behind Winston or Albert at the tackle spot.

But 32 teams out of 32 teams would agree with me that, all things being equal, Joeckel/Fisher > Stephenson. At RT or LT.

At this point, sure. But I said that if he stayed in school for his senior year, he'd be in the conversation much in the same way that I thought that if Jamaal Charles stayed for his final year, he would have had a shot at the Heisman. He didn't and he was a steal in the third round. (It was a stacked RB draft class in 2008 as well, which helped push Charles down the board, but he's been as good as anybody in that class.) I think the same thing about Stephenson.

Chris Meck
04-16-2013, 04:48 PM
Yep.

I just don't think Albert's going to be here. I would bet some sort of sign and trade with the Dolphins goes down and we draft Fisher or Joekel (but I think Fisher from what I read about him).

saphojunkie
04-16-2013, 04:56 PM

Is Albert out selling beers in the stands? wtf is this post?

ILChief
04-16-2013, 08:16 PM
Is Albert out selling beers in the stands? wtf is this post?

Probably blocking for Tannehill

BossChief
04-16-2013, 09:42 PM
Albert and a third for Dolphins first?

MotherfuckerJones
04-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Albert and a third for Dolphins first?

I want Albert to stay but if he's traded. I'd be ok with that. Take Fisher then maybe Tavon Austin at 12? Our offense needs another playmaker

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-16-2013, 09:48 PM

:) sun-shine, lollipops, and rainbows and kitty-cats, and...
Posted via Mobile Device

MotherfuckerJones
04-16-2013, 09:57 PM
:) sun-shine, lollipops, and rainbows and kitty-cats, and...
Posted via Mobile Device

Geno comes to the rescue week 6! :)

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-16-2013, 10:01 PM
Geno comes to the rescue week 6! :)

Word. That young man knows how to work a sieve line, no problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni
04-16-2013, 10:06 PM
Geno at one!!!!!!

MotherfuckerJones
04-16-2013, 10:08 PM
As much as i dont want an OT number 1, looking at that line makes me think it wouldn't be so bad

RunKC
04-16-2013, 10:08 PM
LT-Fisher
LG-Schwartz
C-Hudson
RG-Asamoah-
Rt-Stephenson

TRR
04-16-2013, 10:25 PM
LT-Fisher
LG-Schwartz
C-Hudson
RG-Asamoah-
Rt-Stephenson

Uh no.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
04-16-2013, 10:27 PM
LT-Fisher
LG-Schwartz
C-Hudson
RG-Asamoah-
Rt-Stephenson

Do you want the quarters or should I shove them directly up your fat ass?

RunKC
04-16-2013, 10:28 PM
Do you want the quarters or should I shove them directly up your fat ass?

Hey I'm not happy with that lineup either.

mcaj22
04-16-2013, 10:28 PM
how is alex smith going to see the left side of the field with a 6'6 300 lb at LG?

mcaj22
04-16-2013, 10:29 PM
actually nevermind it's not like Alex Smith checks off safeties anyway so i guess he doesnt need to.

Direckshun
04-16-2013, 10:33 PM
how is alex smith going to see the left side of the field with a 6'6 300 lb at LG?

340 lbs.

Mike in SW-MO
04-17-2013, 08:30 AM
I still think what our line needs is experience and good coaching. They had neither last year. There is lots if talent on that line.

I don't think it's a concidence that our line went to crap when we A. promoted o-line coach past his competence level andof B. Lost veterans (or ran them out if town). Look at SF's vaunted line. Who is coaching them?

I am not convinced adding more young talent improves our line. One of the reasons I think we need to go long term with Albert.

Halfcan
04-17-2013, 09:44 AM
lol how useless Moeaki

I might be mistaken- but I am pretty sure Several on this board said Not to draft him because he is brittle. Once again the Planet is right. :clap: