Psyko Tek
04-27-2013, 11:33 PM
so what the fuck do we do with them

train fisher and trade albert?

any bright ideas
and if Q FAQ

Direckshun
04-27-2013, 11:35 PM
Pretty sure we'll just keep Fisher at RT this year.

Trade Albert off next year or let him walk. Or, even better, sign him to a fat guard contract.

xztop123
04-27-2013, 11:35 PM
Are we allowed to keep albert for this year and then tag him again next year and attempt the same trade? I don't see the need to free up the capspace as much now, as we got our 2 down ILB

Direckshun
04-27-2013, 11:36 PM
Are we allowed to keep albert for this year and then tag him again next year and attempt the same trade? I don't see the need to free up the capspace as much now, as we got our 2 down ILB

We can tag Albert again. But his pricetag goes up from 9mil to 11mil.

Chiefshrink
04-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Or, even better, sign him to a fat guard contract.

This. $$ always talks. BA doesn't give a sh** about whatever position he plays he just wants to be shown the $$.

Psyko Tek
04-27-2013, 11:55 PM
how good is the kid?
albert is good but not great

is he still saying he won't move position?
can we even get a second out of him|?

MotherfuckerJones
04-27-2013, 11:57 PM
Let them dominate for Charles and prepare for Bray :)

RealSNR
04-27-2013, 11:57 PM
Pretty sure we'll just keep Fisher at RT this year.

Trade Albert off next year or let him walk. Or, even better, sign him to a fat guard contract.

Throwing money at the problem at least prevents mock drafters from giving us fucking offensive linemen next year

BossChief
04-27-2013, 11:59 PM
Alberts gone after this year unless he just wants to accept a deal that's less than he wanted.

We aren't gonna FRANCHISE him again...Dorsey didn't wat to give him a Duane Brown contract...

[x]
8/16/2012: Signed a seven-year, $56.2 million contract. The deal contains $22.08 million guaranteed, including a $12.5 million signing bonus. 2013: $2.5 million, 2014: $6 million, 2015-16: $7 million, 2017: $9.65 million, 2018: $9.75 million, 2019: Free Agent

Albert gets 9.8 this year and would get over 11 next year, if tagged again.

If they would be willing to do that, why NLT just hand over that Duane Brown deal and be done with it?

Two years on the tag (which is a fully guaranteed one year deal) would be really close to what Dhane got in guaranteed money.

They tagged him to trade him and got stuck holding the bag.

KcMizzou
04-27-2013, 11:59 PM
Albert's gonna be very well paid, but he's gonna play his ass off for a long term contract. I expect he'll be LT this season, and Fisher will be RT.

KC kid
04-28-2013, 12:00 AM
So, the chiefs official site has fisher listed as "offensive line". I am going to be pretty upset if we drafted anything but a LT at 1.1

MotherfuckerJones
04-28-2013, 12:00 AM
Throwing money at the problem at least prevents mock drafters from giving us ****ing offensive linemen next 5 years

FYP

MotherfuckerJones
04-28-2013, 12:01 AM
Albert is a good possibility to re-sign. Maybe this situation humbled him and he realizes the "Albert Market" if bullshit.

DaWolf
04-28-2013, 12:02 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see us still trade Albert later on for a 2nd next year.

If we don't, as someone pointed out even Willie Roaf played RT his first year...

Bewbies
04-28-2013, 12:04 AM
Fuck it, the talent in this draft sucked ass. Sign Albert long term and just have stud bookends. In 3-4 years move Fisher over and draft a new RT with 1.1.

KcMizzou
04-28-2013, 12:04 AM
Just for the record, for 9+ million, Albert will play wherever the fuck they tell him to.

Or... he can sit out a year, lose that, and see what he's worth next season.

Obviously, nobody thought he was worth a 2nd This season.

Psyko Tek
04-28-2013, 12:06 AM
so what the hell, we got 2 semi franchise LT's
we spent 1.1 onna a position we don't need
I am frustrated and confused
cause at 1.12 this fucker better be on the field opening day
but whre do you put him guard?
RT

BossChief
04-28-2013, 12:07 AM
Albert needs to realize his age and acknowledge his back spasms aren't likely to just go away.

Next offseason, he will be 30 (in NFL terms, as he will turn 30 during the season) and a lot of teams with need at LT filled it in this draft.

He will be shopping his services to a limited market.

I'd bet real money that Branden Alberts best chance at a respectable long term contract will be by signing one to play in KC...even if it's a little less than he wants.

MotherfuckerJones
04-28-2013, 12:08 AM
Not crazy about Fisher, but if you got an issue with this OT situation you got issues. This is awesome. Should be a good oline and screen team. Excited about our coaching.

Sassy Squatch
04-28-2013, 12:09 AM
Just for the record, for 9+ million, Albert will play wherever the fuck they tell him to.

Or... he can sit out a year, lose that, and see what he's worth next season.

Obviously, nobody thought he was worth a 2nd This season.
Seriously. Just because he's getting 9 mil doesn't mean he gets to pick and choose where he plays.

BossChief
04-28-2013, 12:10 AM
Albert has a much better chance at succeeding at LG than if he has to play RT.

The difference between LT and RT is night and day and I don't think Albert is cut out to play the right side...but that he can be a pro bowl quality left guard.

BossChief
04-28-2013, 12:14 AM
Fisher
Albert
Hudson
Asamoah
Allen/Stephenson

If Albert is traded, give Lilja another call and let him battle it out with Swartz.

Fritz88
04-28-2013, 12:38 AM
I wonder if Fisher playing RT would be bad for him playing LT with muscle memory and such.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dayze
04-28-2013, 12:45 AM
http://www.memestricka.cz/img/tricko-fuck-yeah.png

xztop123
04-28-2013, 12:50 AM
I'm all for reinventing the wheel(which is why I wanted Chip Kelly) so trying dual high level Tackles who are both athletic might offer some unique offensive designs

New World Order
04-28-2013, 12:53 AM
Start 2 left tackles?

Ultra Peanut
04-28-2013, 04:11 AM
GET MONEY

HMc
04-28-2013, 05:09 AM
The franchise LT that isn't worth a 2nd round pick.

"Franchise" must mean something other than what I thought it did.

Im prepared to speculate that Albert won't ever get his big deal. Still, 9.3 for one year then whatever mid-market deal he can negotiate next year aint bad for a dude in his late 20s with a dodgy back.

Bootlegged
04-28-2013, 05:20 AM
If Albert plays anywhere but LT, he will give as much effort as

http://a.fn.fncdn.com/images/content/M/201204022125/uubpwT.jpg

suzzer99
04-28-2013, 05:29 AM
Poor Albert, back in the same spot he was in college. I bet if he gets traded that team somehow winds up with an all-pro LT as well. He should just accept that God wants him at guard.

spanky 52
04-28-2013, 05:30 AM
He better play wherever they tell him too play and keep his mouth shut.

suzzer99
04-28-2013, 05:48 AM
Is that what you do if your boss asks to clean the toilets?

spanky 52
04-28-2013, 05:49 AM
That's right. And if I don't like it, I'm going to be told to not let the door hit me in the ass.

Ultra Peanut
04-28-2013, 06:00 AM
The franchise LT that isn't worth a 2nd round pick.

"Franchise" must mean something other than what I thought it did.

Im prepared to speculate that Albert won't ever get his big deal. Still, 9.3 for one year then whatever mid-market deal he can negotiate next year aint bad for a dude in his late 20s with a dodgy back.
Seriously, good for him.

Ultra Peanut
04-28-2013, 06:00 AM
That's right. And if I don't like it, I'm going to be told to not let the door hit me in the ass.

Cool, looks like you really know your place. Super noble.

ChiefRocka
04-28-2013, 06:23 AM
Omg...We drafted a RT at 1.1...Dorsey should die, no more ribs for Andy, I need an enema.

Bray QBOTF

Infidel Goat
04-28-2013, 07:33 AM
I'd prefer we sign Albert to a 4-5 year contract and solidify the line for a bit, but I fully expect someone to lose an OT during training camp or preseason and offer up the right set of picks to KC then...

chiefzilla1501
04-28-2013, 07:37 AM
Trade Albert and try to grab a first or second rounder in 2014. Then sign Tyson Clabo, Winston Justice, or Sean Locklear. Do it whenever the opportunity strikes. I don't see the point of spending $10M on a right tackle just to ease Fisher along.

RealSNR
04-28-2013, 08:16 AM
He better play wherever they tell him too play and keep his mouth shut.

nfl no diffrent then my job!!!

ILChief
04-28-2013, 08:20 AM
Fisher
Albert
Hudson
Asamoah
Allen/Stephenson

If Albert is traded, give Lilja another call and let him battle it out with Swartz.

wouldn't be much of a battle. Schwartz is a lot better than Lilja

philfree
04-28-2013, 08:23 AM
Hell at this point keep Albert and play them both. The question is do we line them up as bookends or do we talk Albert into playing LG. With Fisher and Albert side by the left side of our line would be awesome. Of course having bookends would be awesome too.

Rasputin
04-28-2013, 08:24 AM
I think it will be awkward in practice for them both but if Fisher shuts up and be a good rooky to start at RT Brandon Albert will be happy at least for this year @ LT.

I think Brandon Albert feels like playing LT is a prestiges gig and likes the respect he and money he gets for playing LT. He has done it last five years and doesn't want to feel going backwards in his career playing football.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
04-28-2013, 08:30 AM
Which was the bigger insult. The Chiefs not paying him his asking price long term or Miami not giving up #42?

HMc
04-28-2013, 08:30 AM
Trade Albert and try to grab a first or second rounder in 2014. Then sign Tyson Clabo, Winston Justice, or Sean Locklear. Do it whenever the opportunity strikes. I don't see the point of spending $10M on a right tackle just to ease Fisher along.

lol

Chiefaholic
04-28-2013, 08:55 AM
Which was the bigger insult. The Chiefs not paying him his asking price long term or Miami not giving up #42?

Miami not giving up the #2 had to be a bigger insult in my eyes. Albert views himself as the top LT in the game, and the Phins weren't willing to trade an unproven rookie who's yet to step on an NFL field.

I'd love to sign Albert long term if his agent gets his head out of the clouds. Having both Albert and Fisher on the same line long term will resemble some of the lines we had in the late 90's and early 00's

BlackHelicopters
04-28-2013, 09:05 AM
Keep them so that they each may obtain a Chiefs Super Bowl ing. Easy.

Rasputin
04-28-2013, 09:25 AM
I just assume keep Brandon Albert @ LT and play Fisher at RT as long as BA back holds up.

Absolute no excuse for our quarterback not to be successful. If not successful then point the fingers at the quarterback and not the Oline.

bricks
04-28-2013, 10:47 AM
Brandon Albert needs to prove that he is a probowl caliber or top 3 LT in the league to deserve the kind of money he is demanding. IMO, at this point in his career he hasn't proved that.

Yeah we can expect solid dependable play from him but I don't think he will never be in the mould of an Orlando Pace, Jonathan Ogden, Willie Roaf or Walter Jones. He is just not dominating enough or good enough to get paid like a top tackle in the league. It's clear to me that the value he is demanding doesn't reflect his performance. He would make a good example of a player that is simply overpaid.

I know a lot of people on this board love him but I think this is a reality that most of us need to accept. It bothers me to see that he is not flexible and only wants to play one position only. That's a sign of selfishness and not really contributing to being a team player by refusing to help out the team in any way possible.

I say franchise him again next year even if the price goes up for him and Dorsey should continue to be persistent and try to get what he can for him or else let him walk and continue to try and find Olineman wherever necessary.

Rasputin
04-28-2013, 10:50 AM
I do hope Dorsey and Reid pissed off Brandon Albert this year but we keep him at LT and he takes out his flustrations on DE & LBs this year with pancakes.

DaWolf
04-28-2013, 11:13 AM
Move one to RT this year and never mention the revolving door of poor pass protectors that we've had on that side again. Let opposing DCs worry about how to pressure the QB without just rushing 4, and hope Smith is smart enough to expose it. An injury won't cripple the offense. If someone wants to offer a 2 + another pick in the 2014 draft next year, especially after training camp injuries, make the move.

There is no reason to force this move if we are OK cap wise...

Saccopoo
04-28-2013, 11:16 AM
Well, if Dorsey/Reid do what they say and it's open competition on the offensive line (as they told Schwartz that the best five will start), Albert might not even make it as a starter.

He's going to have a hard time beating out both Fisher and Stephenson, IMO.

How's a potential franchise year of riding the pine going to shape his contract demands in 2014?

MotherfuckerJones
04-28-2013, 11:18 AM
Albert as a 9 million dollar olineman is starting. Guaranteed.

The Bad Guy
04-28-2013, 11:27 AM
I really think Albert is going to be the left guard (if he's still here). I have no idea what the plan is now. They handled that entire situation really awful.

DaWolf
04-28-2013, 11:29 AM
Albert as a 9 million dollar olineman is starting. Guaranteed.

I would stick the guy at LT, have Fisher play RT (like I mentioned earlier, even Roaf played RT his first year). Fisher learns the NFL there, Albert proves his worth in a contract year at LT.

If Albert stays the full year and proves his worth and leaves via free agency next year, then you still get at worst a 2015 compensatory pick. At best, if Stephenson proves he is ready, you have until the trade deadline to deal Albert..

Saccopoo
04-28-2013, 11:30 AM
I really think Albert is going to be the left guard (if he's still here). I have no idea what the plan is now. They handled that entire situation really awful.

This.

Both Stephenson and Fisher have better OT skillsets than Albert.

I think Albert can beat out Asamoah at LG though, as Asamoah has underperformed to this point.

Mr. Laz
04-28-2013, 11:31 AM
Tagging Albert again next year is not that big a deal

2 things needed

1. cap room
2. must trade,cut or sign him long term

You aren't going to let him play on a tag again next year so we must resolve the issue one way or another.

philfree
04-28-2013, 11:36 AM

Albert put himself out of the ball park with his contract demands which I understand because this is his chance to make the big bucks. That's probably why he said he wasn't going to play anywhere but LT. If he were to actually sign a new contract I bet he would play where ever he was asked to after that. With Fisher at LT and Albert at LG the left side of our line would be dominant with the potential to be as good as Roaf and Waters were.

Hoover
04-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Guards get huge contracts these days. So why not try to lock Albert up long term at a decent price and play him at LT or LG. As many have said money talks and it makes no sense to trade him now.

Saccopoo
04-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Albert put himself out of the ball park with his contract demands which I understand because this is his chance to make the big bucks. That's probably why he said he wasn't going to play anywhere but LT. If he were to actually sign a new contract I bet he would play where ever he was asked to after that. With Fisher at LT and Albert at LG the left side of our line would be dominant with the potential to be as good as Roaf and Waters were.

LT: Fisher
LG: Albert
C: Hudson
RG: Schwartz or Asamoah
RT: Stephenson

Very solid offensive line.

milkman
04-28-2013, 11:40 AM
RG: Schwartz or Asamoah

Very solid offensive line.

I really liked Shwartz at guard as a free agent coming out of Carolina a couple of years ago.

I think he can be a dominating force at RG.

Mr. Laz
04-28-2013, 11:42 AM
Guards get huge contracts these days. So why not try to lock Albert up long term at a decent price and play him at LT or LG. As many have said money talks and it makes no sense to trade him now.
If Albert was willing to sign for a decent price he would of been signed 2 years ago.

Maybe Albert will change his demands a little now after Miami turned down his contract demands. Because lets be honest, the reason the trade with Miami didn't happen is because they didn't think that Albert was a 9 million per type guy. If they did then a 2nd round pick would of be an acceptable trade price.

Cannibal
04-28-2013, 11:44 AM
It remains to be seen if Stephenson is going to amount anything.

He didn't play very well (IMO), when he stepped in for Albert.

Nickel D
04-28-2013, 11:45 AM
KC's not gonna give him a long-term contract; BA's back issues are sure to put him on the DL again. D&R will find another OT in next year's off-season.

philfree
04-28-2013, 11:48 AM
KC's not gonna give him a long-term contract; BA's back issues are sure to put him on the DL again. D&R will find another OT in next year's off-season.

I read right after the draft that Albert and the Chiefs were talking contract again. Could have been untrue I guess but it was out there.

Mr. Laz
04-28-2013, 11:52 AM
Albert starts at LT
Fisher starts at RT

If Albert gets hurt again then Fisher slides over to LT and Stephenson fills in at RT.

Albert loses his leverage and his big contract ... probably ends up at guard with another team next year.

BossChief
04-28-2013, 12:14 PM
I wonder how much Clabo is looking for and if we can afford it.

I bet he would take a 2yr/7 million dollar contract and that would really solidify the OL.

Fisher
Albert
Hudson
Asamoah
Clabo

Reserves:
Stephenson
Allen
Schwartz
Kush

That's as solid a line as you will find in the league.

The Bad Guy
04-28-2013, 12:17 PM
I do think if they were able to move Albert they would have sniffed around Clabo.

milkman
04-28-2013, 12:18 PM
Surprised that Clabo is still on the market.

That guy is as solid and steady as they come.

Bewbies
04-28-2013, 12:23 PM
Surprised that Clabo is still on the market.

That guy is as solid and steady as they come.

Nobody in ATL misses him.

milkman
04-28-2013, 12:27 PM
Nobody in ATL misses him.

Nobody appreciates solid and steady.

keg in kc
04-28-2013, 12:31 PM
Albert starts at LT
Fisher starts at RTThat's exactly what I would do. You hope/assume Fisher's the long term LT solution, but right at this moment the team will be better with Albert at LT and him at RT than it would be in any other line combination I can think of. Although for me it's not about giving Fisher time to learn and it doesn't have anything to do with Albert's future. It's solely about putting the best line possible on the field.

KC kid
04-28-2013, 12:48 PM
I don't give a crap about BA's feelings. Put him at LG or RT. We want our stud 1.1 LT out there learning his craft on the job. Even if we put Albert out at LT to do is mediocre best, he would get hurt at some point and we would get stuck watching Stephenson out there because everyone would be too scared to change positions on Fisher mid season.

Seriously. Fuck Branden Albert

AustinChief
04-28-2013, 12:53 PM
I seriously don't see why everyone wants to waste a year of Fisher's development by playing him at RT while rewarding Albert for not being a team player and having insane contract demands.

Switching SIDES is far far far harder than switching positions.

Don't believe me? Ask Geoff Schwartz...

“If you look at most lines, the backup LT is the LG, or he’s on the bench. Both teams I’ve played on, our backup LT was the LG.”

“It’s very difficult for guys to be able to effectively play on both sides of the line without long hours practicing it,” Schwartz went on.

“That is why you don’t often see linemen switching sides of the ball for injury or performance. Playing offensive line is a very technical position. Being a great athlete and a physical player can only take you so far if you don’t use proper technique. You must drill over and over again to get the footwork and hand placement down. On top of that, mentally switching things over in your head can be tough at first. You’re used to reacting to movement on one side of the line of scrimmage, now it’s happening on the opposite side”.

Albert at LG makes by far the most sense. That way Schwartz isn't forced to switch sides as well. (and yes I know that still leaves us with a hole at RT for now)

keg in kc
04-28-2013, 01:11 PM
Not that I disagree, but Will Shields didn't seem to have any trouble going from right to left in the days when he was our backup LT. Fisher's already played everywhere on the line at CMU so I doubt his growth will be stunted in any way. Anyway, I can't speak for anybody else, but I'm not thinking in terms of "rewarding" Albert, I'm just thinking in terms of fielding the best possible line. Personally, I think you need to throw all emotion out the window, stop thinking in terms of "screw Branden Albert, he's not a team player", understand that every angle of the situation between Albert and the Chiefs is business, and think in terms of putting the best unit on the field.

Mr. Laz
04-28-2013, 01:12 PM
That's exactly what I would do. You hope/assume Fisher's the long term LT solution, but right at this moment the team will be better with Albert at LT and him at RT than it would be in any other line combination I can think of. Although for me it's not about giving Fisher time to learn and it doesn't have anything to do with Albert's future. It's solely about putting the best line possible on the field.

Albert
Schwartz
Hudson
Asomoah
Fisher

imo right now this is the best line we have

rumor has that Allen is going to work at tackle so he and Stephenson would be our backups at OT

Kush,matteson,lilja? as backups in the middle

I imagine Allen will work at guard as well

depth isn't what you would hope but i don't know anything about Kush

AustinChief
04-28-2013, 01:16 PM
Not that I disagree, but Will Shields didn't seem to have any trouble going from right to left in the days when he was our backup LT. Fisher's already played everywhere on the line at CMU so I doubt his growth will be stunted in any way. Anyway, I can't speak for anybody else, but I'm not thinking in terms of "rewarding" Albert, I'm just thinking in terms of fielding the best possible line. Personally, I think you need to throw all emotion out the window, stop thinking in terms of "screw Branden Albert, he's not a team player", understand that every angle of the situation between Albert and the Chiefs is business, and think in terms of putting the best unit on the field.

It's not emotional for me. I just don't see any point in having a make shift one year line. We KNOW Albert isn't the long term solution at LT so it makes far more sense to play the players we know we will have for many years in the positions we project them to be at years from now. I agree that Fisher would be fine at RT but there is no way in hell it doesn't set him back (at least a little) in his development as our LTOTF.

Best case is to sign Albert long term as LG or find someone to take him off our hands. I have serious doubts he would be an effective RT but he probably be a pro-bowl LG.

AustinChief
04-28-2013, 01:19 PM
Albert
Schwartz
Hudson
Asomoah
Fisher

imo right now this is the best line we have

rumor has that Allen is going to work at tackle so he and Stephenson would be our backups at OT

Kush,matteson,lilja? as backups in the middle

I imagine Allen will work at guard as well

depth isn't what you would hope but i don't know anything about Kush

So you are super happy with the Alex Smith signing? Because RIGHT NOW he is by far the best QB we could have for next year.

Unless you think we are winning the Superbowl next year there is ZERO reason to play a makeshift temporary line.

milkman
04-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Mark Schlereth compared switching from left to right to turning around and hitting from the other side of the plate in baseball.

keg in kc
04-28-2013, 01:25 PM
It's not emotional for me. I just don't see any point in having a make shift one year line. We KNOW Albert isn't the long term solution at LT so it makes far more sense to play the players we know we will have for many years in the positions we project them to be at years from now. I agree that Fisher would be fine at RT but there is no way in hell it doesn't set him back (at least a little) in his development as our LTOTF. I think you're worried too much. While it's his rookie year and not later into his career, this is to me a lot like when Tait switched to the right side in '02. He wasn't really a right tackle, and he went straight back to the left side for the Bears the following year, but at that time it's what made the most sense for the team. That was also, coincidentally, probably the best line I've ever seen. I think this is a similiar situation, though obviously different in several ways (e.g. no Roaf).

And I think Fisher would be more than 'fine' at RT. I think he could be dominant there, far and away better than anyone else we have. That's part of my logic. I think Albert on the left side and him on the right is significantly better overall than Fisher on the left side, albert inside and anybody else we have on the right.

Mr. Laz
04-28-2013, 01:26 PM
So you are super happy with the Alex Smith signing? Because RIGHT NOW he is by far the best QB we could have for next year.

Unless you think we are winning the Superbowl next year there is ZERO reason to play a makeshift temporary line.
so why have any of these players on the roster?

I mean unless they are going to be super bowl ready after Alex Smith is gone in 2 years, just cut them all and go 0-16.

better yet, just forfeit the entire season and wait until we draft again next year because we are dooooooooooooooooooomed.

Can someone loan AC a tampon because apparently he is out.

milkman
04-28-2013, 01:28 PM

I mean unless they are going to be super bowl caliber after Alex Smith is gone in 2 years, just cut them all and go 0-16.

better yet, just forfeit the entire season and wait until we draft again next year because we are dooooooooooooooooooomed.

I think what he's suggesting, and that I agree with, is that you put the line out there that you think has the chance to develop and grow together, and have them playing at their peak when the Chiefs do get the QB that can lead them to a SB.

The only problem with that thought process is that the Chiefs will never get that QB.

AustinChief
04-28-2013, 01:29 PM
I think you're worried too much. While it's his rookie year and not later into his career, this is to me a lot like when Tait switched to the right side in '02. He wasn't really a right tackle, and he went straight back to the left side for the Bears the following year, but at that time it's what made the most sense for the team. That was also, coincidentally, probably the best line I've ever seen. I think this is a similiar situation, though obviously different in several ways (e.g. no Roaf).

And I think Fisher would be more than 'fine' at RT. I think he could be dominant there, far and away better than anyone else we have. That's part of my logic. I think Albert on the left side and him on the right is significantly better overall than Fisher on the left side, albert inside and anybody else we have on the right.

Tait moving around after years in the league is far different from a rookie's first exposure to the speed of the NFL coming from the "wrong" side. It can (not saying it will, but CAN) seriously screw up his development. Just ask Tyron Smith. Fisher does have the advantage of being smarter than most so it may not be an issue but why risk it when signing Albert long term at LG or trading him away will allow us money to sign a true RT like Clabo.

AustinChief
04-28-2013, 01:31 PM

I mean unless they are going to be super bowl ready after Alex Smith is gone in 2 years, just cut them all and go 0-16.

This is an incredibly stupid post.. even in general CP terms... just incredibly stupid. You're better than this. Try again.

keg in kc
04-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Tait moving around after years in the league is far different from a rookie's first exposure to the speed of the NFL coming from the "wrong" side. It can (not saying it will, but CAN) seriously screw up his development. Just ask Tyron Smith. Fisher does have the advantage of being smarter than most so it may not be an issue but why risk it when signing Albert long term at LG or trading him away will allow us money to sign a true RT like Clabo.I hope they can trade Albert. I'm just talking in terms of the current realities of the roster...

I just don't think Fisher would struggle with it if we're stuck with them both.

Hammock Parties
04-28-2013, 01:34 PM
We need to keep Albert at LT, dumbasses.

No way I want a rookie protecting Alex Smith's blindside.

We need to go with the established veteran who has allowed less pressure than Duane Brown the last two seasons. You can't pay enough for that kind of quality protection.

Mr. Laz
04-28-2013, 01:34 PM
I think what he's suggesting, and that I agree with, is that you put the line out there that you think has the chance to develop and grow together, and have them playing at their peak when the Chiefs do get the QB that can lead them to a SB.

The only problem with that thought process is that the Chiefs will never get that QB.
I understand and we are with the exception of Brandon Albert.

It's a unique and temporary situation

People are still pissed about taking an OT and 1.1 and it's making them adamant about Fisher being at LT 'no matter what the cost,dammit'. Putting Fisher at RT for even a single snap makes them even more angry about the pick.

get over it

AustinChief
04-28-2013, 01:35 PM

100% agree except I'm holding out hope on the QB thing..

If you can sign Albert long term at LG you will have plenty of space to sign a guy like Clabo at RT and all of a sudden you have a killer line that you don;t need to worry about for years. OR you can play Fisher at RT and risk screwing him up like Tyron Smith and you get the fun of reshuffling the line in a year. Just makes zero fucking sense unless you are in some sort of desperate win now mode.

Mr. Laz
04-28-2013, 01:36 PM
This is an incredibly stupid post.. even in general CP terms... just incredibly stupid. You're better than this. Try again.
one stupid post in response to another stupid post

Your petulant and idiotic declaration that this year basically doesn't matter because Alex Smith sucks is beyond 'dumbass'.

Kidd Lex
04-28-2013, 01:36 PM

The people running the team believe we have have that QB. Scary thought.

AustinChief
04-28-2013, 01:38 PM

We need to go with the established veteran who has allowed less pressure than Duane Brown the last two seasons. You can't pay enough for that kind of quality protection.

A rookie? yes, like this is some 4th round nobody... IT'S THE #1 PLAYER IN THE DRAFT. You start him at LT and unless he busts horribly you keep him there.

I hope to God our team isn't as fucking stupid as the Cowboys...

keg in kc
04-28-2013, 01:38 PM
Just makes zero ****ing sense unless you are in some sort of desperate win now mode.The offseason moves tell me that's exactly what they're doing.

milkman
04-28-2013, 01:40 PM
I understand and we are with the exception of Brandon Albert.

It's a unique and temporary situation

People are still pissed about taking an OT and 1.1 and it's making them adamant about Fisher being at LT 'no matter what the cost,dammit'. Putting Fisher at RT for even a single snap makes them even more angry about the pick.

get over it

Your post, however, was directed at a guy (AC) that has always argued that Albert is just an average LT, so I highly doubt that he is reacting to it, and forwarding a plan out of any anger because we took a LT at 1.1.

As for me, I don't like the Fisher pick, but the deed is done, and now my only consideration is to do what I consider will maximize the value of the pick long term.

Hammock Parties
04-28-2013, 01:42 PM
A rookie? yes, like this is some 4th round nobody... IT'S THE #1 PLAYER IN THE DRAFT. You start him at LT and unless he busts horribly you keep him there.

I hope to God our team isn't as fucking stupid as the Cowboys...

So because one player struggled to make the switch, all players will do so.

Great logic.

Nate Solder switched from RT to LT and did just fine.

This is just an extension of your vendetta against Branden Albert.

Remember: he allowed less pressure than Duane Brown the last two seasons.

That must really stick in your craw.

AustinChief
one stupid post in response to another stupid post

Your petulant and idiotic declaration that this year basically doesn't matter because Alex Smith sucks is beyond 'dumbass'.

No you need to put down your drink and read my posts again. You are channeling some serious stupid right now.

I am not saying Alex Smith sucks or this year doesn't matter. I am saying that taking a myopic "win now" attitude is retarded as opposed to doing what is best for the team for many years to come. I am saying that if you were one of the people who bitched about Alex Smith and wanted to draft a QB of our own... then you would be a hypocrite to not treat the Oline in a similar fashion.

Following along now?

Mr. Laz
of course Reid and Dorsey are trying to win now.

They believe Alex Smith can win in the NFL or they wouldn't of given 2 valuable draft picks for him.

Even if Alex Smith isn't a franchise type QB, they think he is a playoff type QB and Albert at LT and Fisher at RT is the best chance to succeed and get to the playoffs this year.

milkman
04-28-2013, 01:43 PM

Don't care.

If we are going to build a dominant line, and we want to maximize it's potential as quickly as we can, you start the rookie LT day one at LT.

Who the hell cares if mediocre game manager gets killed in the development process?

AustinChief
04-28-2013, 01:45 PM
Your post, however, was directed at a guy (AC) that has always argued that Albert is just an average LT, so I highly doubt that he is reacting to it, and forwarding a plan out of any anger because we took a LT at 1.1.

As for me, I don't like the Fisher pick, but the deed is done, and now my only consideration is to do what I consider will maximize the value of the pick long term.

Just to be clear I have said he is just an ABOVE average guy.. 10-15 range which I adjusted to 8-12 range after last year.

I am pissed that this draft class sucked but I am fine with the pick. There simply wasn't anyone else to pick there.. no matter how much I wish that wasn't true doesn't change the facts.

All of that said, I firmly believe Fisher can be a beast at LT for us for years to come

AustinChief
04-28-2013, 01:48 PM
of course Reid and Dorsey are trying to win now.

They believe Alex Smith can win in the NFL or they wouldn't of given 2 valuable draft picks for him.

Even if Alex Smith isn't a franchise type QB, they think he is a playoff type QB and Albert at LT and Fisher at RT is the best chance to succeed and get to the playoffs this year.

I'm sure they believe they can win now but I doubt they will do so to the detriment of the future of this team. Playing your LTOTF out of position for a year is not a good idea for the future.

Now I could be wrong and Fisher could be even better than I think he is and simply GODLIKE in his ability to adjust and such... if so it still hurts the cohesion of the line to reshuffle next year but it won't be terrible.

Fact is, we would be MUCH better served to get a real RT like Clabo and not have to play anyone out of position. Period.

Mr. Laz
04-28-2013, 01:51 PM
No you need to put down your drink and read my posts again. You are channeling some serious stupid right now.

I am not saying Alex Smith sucks or this year doesn't matter. I am saying that taking a myopic "win now" attitude is retarded as opposed to doing what is best for the team for many years to come. I am saying that if you were one of the people who bitched about Alex Smith and wanted to draft a QB of our own... then you would be a hypocrite to not treat the Oline in a similar fashion.

Following along now?
basically you are

creating drama by moving Albert
putting a rookie at left tackle

both things weaken the Oline, team and give Alex Smith less of a chance to get off to a good start and succeeding this year. All because you think playing right tackle for a single season might hinder Fisher's development.

nah, if you want to win this year then you put Fisher and RT for a year and then make your moves next year. Fisher will have plenty of time next offseason and training camp to 'switch hands'

now if you want to argue that Albert isn't very good(like MM suggests) then that's an entirely different discussion.

AustinChief
04-28-2013, 01:52 PM
Don't care.

If we are going to build a dominant line, and we want to maximize it's potential as quickly as we can, you start the rookie LT day one at LT.

Who the hell cares if mediocre game manager gets killed in the development process?

Exactly. I'm much more concerned about a LT that I know will be here for many years over a QB who could flame out in one.

Mr. Laz
04-28-2013, 01:53 PM
Fact is, we would be MUCH better served to get a real RT like Clabo and not have to play anyone out of position. Period.
They probably would have if a team thought Albert was worth big money and a draft pick.

apparently they don't, so we have to move on

just like the people who didn't like trading for Alex Smith have to 'move on'

Mr. Laz
04-28-2013, 01:56 PM
Don't care.

once again ... the anger about Alex Smith is influencing other things.

the goal is not building a dominant line ... it's a means to a end.

best Oline for offensive success THIS year is Albert at LT.

AustinChief
04-28-2013, 01:57 PM
basically you are

creating drama by moving Albert
putting a rookie at left tackle

both things weaken the Oline, team and give Alex Smith less of a chance to get off to a good start and succeeding this year. All because you think playing right tackle for a single season might hinder Fisher's development.

nah, if you want to win this year then you put Fisher and RT for a year and then make your moves next year. Fisher will have plenty of time next offseason and training camp to 'switch hands'

now if you want to argue that Albert isn't very good(like MM suggests) then that's an entirely different discussion.

Albert is very good. Exactly... very good... not great. Solidly above average. I doubt that Fisher will present much of a dropoff if any in his rookie season playing LT.

As for DRAMA? What is this a fucking knitting circle? Who the fuck cares about DRAMA???

And it's not just my opinion on switching sides at the NFL level... Schwartz and Schlereth have both said it is a complete bitch to do. I have no clue if it will screw Fisher up but it certainly carries that risk. No matter what it sets him back a year in his development at LT and it sets the line's cohesion back a year... for WHAT GAIN? To protect Alex Smith? One thing Alex Smith HAS proven in his career is that he can handle adversity. He's the least of my worries.

AustinChief
04-28-2013, 01:58 PM
They probably would have if a team thought Albert was worth big money and a draft pick.

apparently they don't, so we have to move on

just like the people who didn't like trading for Alex Smith have to 'move on'

Except we aren't "stuck" with Albert. We can STILL trade him or better yet convince him to play LG. Signing him long term at LG solves everything.

Hammock Parties
04-28-2013, 02:00 PM
I doubt that Fisher will present much of a dropoff if any in his rookie season playing LT.

Fisher is not going to allow total pressure of 17 this year.

He'd be a rookie of the year candidate if he did that.

I'm guessing he gives up at least 17 pressures and probably 3-4 sacks.

And that's being optimistic.

Expectations are way too high.

mlyonsd
04-28-2013, 02:02 PM
Make them battle it out in TC and unless Fisher is noticeably inferior as a rook start him at LT. Albert gets sloppy seconds at this point.

AustinChief
04-28-2013, 02:03 PM

Except I am not ANGRY about Fisher. I like the kid a TON.

I am also not ANGRY about Albert. I simply don't overvalue him. GoChiefs has two gears... LOVE or HATE.. he can't comprehend someone like me just LIKING Albert.

Lastly, I'm not angry about Alex Smith. I think it sucks that he was our only decent option this year but it is what it is. I would love a QBOTF to get drafted... but that doesn't make me dislike Smith at all. I liked him at San Fran and thought he constantly got a raw deal.

I have zero anger.. I just want to look at what is best for our FUTURE as team. Playing guys constantly out of position and shuffling shit year to year is not what's best.

Cannibal
04-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Wish Albert would acquiesce and make the move to LG or RT.

We'd have the makings of a great OL.

Hammock Parties
04-28-2013, 02:05 PM

We do.

Just stick Fisher at RT and Albert at LT for five years and forget about it.

None of this guard BS.

We need top talent at RT to stop Von Miller anyway.

AustinChief
04-28-2013, 02:06 PM

NOT RT! I have massive doubts about his ability to play there at a high level. I COMPLETELY understand why he doesn't want to make that move. It's not just the loss of prestige and money. Switching sides is a complete bitch.

I'd much rather get a true RT and get Albert as LG.

BigRedChief
04-28-2013, 02:07 PM

We'd have the makings of a great OL.Not going to happen. Albert will play LT and Fisher to RT. Next off season we will do this all over again. Albert will be tagged. Will attempt to trade him. But next season Fisher will move to LT and we will make that known to Albert to to take the best deal or else its RT pal.

AustinChief
04-28-2013, 02:08 PM
We do.

None of this guard BS.

Holy crap. You seriously want to play the #1.1 pick at RT and pay 5 years of top 5 money to an above average guy to play LT. The same guy that no one else in the league wanted to pay and give up a 2nd rounder for.

Credibility gone.

AustinChief
04-28-2013, 02:10 PM
Not going to happen. Albert will play LT and Fisher to RT. Next off season we will do this all over again. Albert will be tagged. Will attempt to trade him. But next season Fisher will move to LT and we will make that known to Albert to to take the best deal or else its RT pal.

I am not saying that WON'T happen.. but it sure hell SHOULDN'T. You simply don;t risk fucking up the #1.1's development by starting him out of position. Hell, play Fisher at LG if you have to but don't start him at RT for his first experience of the speed of the NFL.

Hammock Parties
04-28-2013, 02:10 PM
Holy crap. You seriously want to play the #1.1 pick at RT

Well, we made this bed, so now we have to lay in it.

I'd rather go OT-RT than upgrade LG with the 1.1. Even dumber, no doubt.

milkman
04-28-2013, 02:12 PM

This isn't anger at the Smith trade.

I am not speculating what the Chiefs will do.

I am commenting on what I believe is the best way to go about building a consistent winner over the long term.

Since I have little faith that Alex Smith is the long term answer at QB, I don't care how the long term development of the line affects Alex Smith.

AustinChief
04-28-2013, 02:12 PM
Well, we made this bed, so now we have to lay in it.

I'd rather go OT-RT than upgrade LG with the 1.1. Even dumber, no doubt.

So it sounds more like you are basing this on some emotional hatred of the Fisher pick and man-love for Albert. I, on the other hand, am trying to look at what is best for the team.

Saccopoo
04-28-2013, 02:13 PM
Albert starts at LT
Fisher starts at RT

If Albert gets hurt again then Fisher slides over to LT and Stephenson fills in at RT.

Albert loses his leverage and his big contract ... probably ends up at guard with another team next year.

Who says Fisher is going to beat out Stephenson? Who says Albert is going to beat out Stephenson?

I'm telling you right here that Stephenson was going to be in the conversation as the first tackle off the board in the 2013 Draft if he stayed in school. He was markedly better than Lane Johnson on the same team and he's already got better feet than Albert.

His combine numbers, especially his burst numbers, were absolutely sick.

6'6"
35" Arms
312 lbs.

40: 4.94 seconds
Vertical: 35.5"
Broad Jump: 114"
3 Cone: 7.52 seconds
20 Yard Shuttle: 4.78 seconds

compared to Eric Fisher:

6'7"
34 1/2" Arms
308 lbs.

40: 5.05 seconds
Vertical: 28.5"
Broad Jump: 116"
3 Cone: 7.59 seconds
20 yard shuttle: 4.44 seconds

Stephenson is an athletic freak for a man his size, even moreso than Fisher, and he's got very, very good footwork.

Considering that Stephenson was thrown into a game situation with zero reps with the first team, I think he performed quite well last season. He showed good movement and a very good first punch. He's got a very good kick step as well. (Something Branden Albert has never had.)

I know that the immediate knee-jerk reaction around here is that if a guy wasn't drafted in the first round it means he isn't going to amount to shit, but Stephenson would have definitely been a first rounder this draft if he stayed in school and could have gone before Fisher or Joeckel.

I've already said it, but Stephenson is going to blow up this year.

seamonster
04-28-2013, 02:14 PM
I could care less where they put him this year if it means we can develop a truly nasty "fuck you" offensive line, especially in Reid's system. I'm not above moving the number one overall pick around if opens up the screen game. He'll be the left tackle for the next ten years anyways.

milkman
04-28-2013, 02:15 PM
And let's be clear here.

There is no one that has advocated as strongly as I have for Albert at LT.

If I am suggesting that the long term future of this team is served best by moving him to LG, then there can be no better proof that I've moved on from anger to just doing what I believe best serves the team's future.

Hammock Parties
04-28-2013, 02:15 PM
So it sounds more like you are basing this on some emotional hatred of the Fisher pick and man-love for Albert. I, on the other hand, am trying to look at what is best for the team.

I hate the Fisher pick, but the reality is he is here.

We need to use that resource to improve the team.

The best way to do that is to have bookend tackles.

Fuck this guard bullshit.

BigRedChief
04-28-2013, 02:18 PM
I am not saying that WON'T happen.. but it sure hell SHOULDN'T. You simply don;t risk fucking up the #1.1's development by starting him out of position. Hell, play Fisher at LG if you have to but don't start him at RT for his first experience of the speed of the NFL.thats not what I want to happen, just reading the tea leaves. I say fuck Albert and start Fisher at LT.

GordonGekko
04-28-2013, 02:20 PM
We have two premiere pieces of the offensive line now. I want Albert at LT for this season, and Fisher at RT. Only fair to big Albert. With Fisher at RT it will give him a chance to get some confidence as he didn't exactly square off against the prime competition while in college.

milkman
04-28-2013, 02:22 PM

**** this guard bullshit.

The problem is that moving from left to right is far more difficult than any of us can really understand, and Albert hasn't learned fully the proper technique to play LT even still.

The best shift for him, and the Chiefs, would be from LT to LG.

Saccopoo
04-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Except we aren't "stuck" with Albert. We can STILL trade him or better yet convince him to play LG. Signing him long term at LG solves everything.

This feels a lot like dejavu...

I only wish we had this conversation when we had the opportunity to draft a true elite level prospect at the OT position...

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/1027/nfl_ap_rokung1_200.jpg

Imagine how "jelled" this line would have been with Okung at LT and Albert at LG for the past three seasons.

Cannibal
04-28-2013, 02:58 PM
We do.

None of this guard BS.

I'd be fine with that if Albert agrees to sign and his back holds up.

BossChief
04-28-2013, 03:09 PM

Fuck this guard bullshit.

In terms of NFL contracts, left guards are far more important than right tackles. Couple that with the fact that coming out of college, Albert seemed like he could be an all pro guard or a high ceiling project at left tackle and it seems if he is gonna move to the next most important spot on the line, he will go to LG.

Hammock Parties
04-28-2013, 03:10 PM
In terms of NFL contracts, left guards are far more important than right tackles.

By all means, put inferior talent at RT.

http://dy.snimg.com/story-image/0/85/4108811/114678-650-366.jpg

Saccopoo
04-28-2013, 03:14 PM

Reminds me of the Seahawks/Chiefs game where Derrick Thomas set the NFL record for sacks in a game with seven and the Chiefs still lost.

BossChief
04-28-2013, 03:15 PM
The problem is that moving from left to right is far more difficult than any of us can really understand, and Albert hasn't learned fully the proper technique to play LT even still.

The best shift for him, and the Chiefs, would be from LT to LG.

Why are some of these guys not understanding this?

Hammock Parties
04-28-2013, 03:16 PM
Chiefs have already played their hand anyway.

Schwartz was practicing at LG.

Fisher will be a RT.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Cool, looks like you really know your place. Super noble.

LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Fisher will play where HE is damned well told to.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
04-28-2013, 03:23 PM

Haha

So in YOUR opinion, we should put a rookie LEFT tackle (who comes from a smaller school and hasn't faced big time talent before) into a completely new position (that has completely sufferer technique) because in YOUR opinion that makes us better than putting a near GOD MODE offensive line out there by signing a vet like Clabo and lining up like this:

Fisher
Albert
Hudson
Asamoah
Clabo

Haha

This isn't a video game, asking a rookie left tackle to play on the right side is a great way to hurt his transition.

Let the rookie play the position he was drafted to play and put Albert at his next most useful spot...the one he played in college and projected as a pro bowl quality player.

Rausch
04-28-2013, 03:24 PM
Holy crap. You seriously want to play the #1.1 pick at RT and pay 5 years of top 5 money to an above average guy to play LT. The same guy that no one else in the league wanted to pay and give up a 2nd rounder for.

Credibility gone.

After this year the only way Albert plays here is if it's at G or RT. The rookie will get a year at RT and then Albert can switch positions or switch teams...

AustinChief
04-28-2013, 04:04 PM
After this year the only way Albert plays here is if it's at G or RT. The rookie will get a year at RT and then Albert can switch positions or switch teams...

Not according to GoCHiefs.. he wants Albert long term at LT.

The only way I see Fisher being a long term RT for us if if the impossible happens and Stephenson EXPLODES this year and is our clear best LT. Then you move Albert to LG (or trade) and Fisher goes RT. Reid gets his Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan. Not a likely scenario.

Saccopoo
04-28-2013, 04:25 PM

The only way I see Fisher being a long term RT for us if if the impossible happens and Stephenson EXPLODES this year and is our clear best LT. Then you move Albert to LG (or trade) and Fisher goes RT. Reid gets his Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan. Not a likely scenario.

That's not the impossible at all.

As I stated earlier, Stephenson, had he stayed in school, was going to be in the mix as the first tackle taken in the 2013 draft. He was better than Lane Johnson on the same team. He's already got better feet than Albert.

Add to it that Fisher is coming out of a small school, he's going to have an adjustment period that might be substantially greater than a lot of D1 tackles. (And even top level guys take a couple of years to "get it," e.g., Albert.)

Stephenson is going to blow up. It is a very likely scenario:

RG: Schwartz

They'll put Fisher at LT, and Albert will have to play LG to help protect the rookie against DE/OLB stunts and bull rushes by DTs.

Most likely why they picked up Braden Wilson and his blocking ability.

SAUTO
04-28-2013, 04:42 PM
That's the line I want Sacc.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
04-28-2013, 04:46 PM

So?...

Rausch
04-28-2013, 04:46 PM
That's not the impossible at all.

As I stated earlier, Stephenson, had he stayed in school, was going to be in the mix as the first tackle taken in the 2013 draft. He was better than Lane Johnson on the same team. He's already got better feet than Albert.

Add to it that Fisher is coming out of a small school, he's going to have an adjustment period that might be substantially greater than a lot of D1 tackles. (And even top level guys take a couple of years to "get it," e.g., Albert.)

Stephenson is going to blow up. It is a very likely scenario:

RG: Schwartz

They'll put Fisher at LT, and Albert will have to play LG to help protect the rookie against DE/OLB stunts and bull rushes by DTs.

Most likely why they picked up Braden Wilson and his blocking ability.

You don't think that's happening this year, do you?

Saccopoo
04-28-2013, 05:34 PM
You don't think that's happening this year, do you?

Yep.

Hammock Parties
04-28-2013, 05:47 PM
Ya'll might as well accept it, though.

Schwartz is the LG.

Rausch
04-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Yep.

I seriously doubt that...

mcaj22
04-28-2013, 05:54 PM
im really glad Jeff Allen, a 2nd round pick investment will be rotting on the bench it seems

bang up job wasting high round draft picks on nothing

SAUTO
04-28-2013, 06:05 PM
im really glad Jeff Allen, a 2nd round pick investment will be rotting on the bench it seems

Dude you keep on with this...

The guy who did it got FIRED.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
04-28-2013, 07:17 PM

This is what happens when regimes change, they don't give 2 shits about how anyone was acquired.

Titty Meat
04-28-2013, 07:24 PM

Jeff Allen sucks

Mecca
04-28-2013, 07:27 PM
By the way if Albert is on this team for the season there's no fucking way he's not playing LT. The most likely scenario you get for this year is..

LT Albert
LG Schwartz
C Hudson
RG Asamoah
RT Fisher

That pretty much has to be the line I'd think.

RealSNR
04-28-2013, 08:01 PM
Didn't Asamoah play LG in college and had to switch because we weren't going to move Ryan Lilja?

Why not switch Asamoah back to LG and keep Schwartz on the right side where he's been his entire career?

MOhillbilly
04-28-2013, 08:12 PM
Gun to the head.

Mecca
04-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Didn't Asamoah play LG in college and had to switch because we weren't going to move Ryan Lilja?

Why not switch Asamoah back to LG and keep Schwartz on the right side where he's been his entire career?

They could do that, I really so no way in hell that Albert isn't the LT though.

O.city
04-28-2013, 08:14 PM
I'd say Mecca's line there is probably what we are looking at, unless they can kick Albert in to LG (doubtful they do, but who knows, IIRC, Bad Guy said something about it).

I'm actually really excited about the talent we have up front. It's all young too.

Mecca
04-28-2013, 08:17 PM
The only way Albert is playing guard is if he gets a long term deal first and he's basically the highest paid guard in the history of the NFL, so a guard with LT money.

O.city
04-28-2013, 08:18 PM
What did Levitre get this year? I can't remember.

Mecca
04-28-2013, 08:21 PM
What did Levitre get this year? I can't remember.

Not as much as Carl Nicks did last year.

RunKC
04-28-2013, 08:22 PM
Albert was very adamant about staying at LT, so I wonder if he's gonna still have that attitude?

He's gonna have no choice but to play where Reid tells him. If he decides he's holding out, then he's gonna lose some serious cash.

O.city
04-28-2013, 08:22 PM
I'd hate to give him that type money for a guard, when he hasn't played it in so long.

Maybe play him there, with the thought that if all goes well he'd get that type money?

O.city
04-28-2013, 08:23 PM
However, if you weren't willing to play him at LT this year with that price tag, you trade him for what you can get, ala, the 54 pick instead of the 42.

I just dont' see a way he doesn't play LT this year.

Mecca
04-28-2013, 08:24 PM
I personally wouldn't at all be surprised if Albert got a new deal. They could have easily worked the fan base into accepting a OT first when that was the plan all along.

O.city
04-28-2013, 08:25 PM
I personally wouldn't at all be surprised if Albert got a new deal. They could have easily worked the fan base into accepting a OT first when that was the plan all along.

Do you keep him at LT though?

milkman
04-28-2013, 08:26 PM

What?

The casual fan was all in, and has been all in, on LT in the draft for 4 years.

They weren't selling jack to the fan.

Mecca
04-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Do you keep him at LT though?

Probably, if Alex Smith is the plan then it's gonna require an elite Trent Green type of line for him to succeed. They already have the interior lineman, Schwartz and Asamoah are fine enough players.

O.city
04-28-2013, 08:28 PM
I figure Albert will play the tag at LT, with Fish at RT. Next year kick Fish to LT and Stephenson at RT.

Coogs
04-29-2013, 10:59 AM
I figure Albert will play the tag at LT, with Fish at RT. Next year kick Fish to LT and Stephenson at RT.

It just doesn't make any sense to me to take a 1.1 LT in the draft... kick him over to RT and retrain him to do everything in reverse... then move him back over to the LT spot the next season.

Maybe it is easier than I think it is, but it seems to be counter productive to me.

the Talking Can
04-29-2013, 11:11 AM
What?

The casual fan was all in, and has been all in, on LT in the draft for 40 years.

They weren't selling jack to the fan.

sorry, had to....

the Talking Can
04-29-2013, 11:20 AM
at this point, we're looking at letting him walk next year for a hopeful compensatory 3rd (but no guarantee)...or trading him this year, for a 3rd (i don't see anyone giving us a second and paying him if miami wouldn't)

once we decided we didn't want him, we had to trade him...they failed

he can't be our LT, shouldn't be our RT, and won't play guard

tooge
04-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Someones tackle will get hurt between now and the trade deadline. He'll get traded or play one year at LT and then be released.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-29-2013, 11:54 AM
The Deal Is Dead.
Posted via Mobile Device

Anyong Bluth
04-29-2013, 12:01 PM
I'm all for reinventing the wheel(which is why I wanted Chip Kelly) so trying dual high level Tackles who are both athletic might offer some unique offensive designs

I like your idea and thinking creatively, but Alex is a bit limiting though Charles and Davis both lining up in the backfield could create some confusion - both from a rushing and play action standpoint.

jettio
04-29-2013, 12:07 PM
Albert played LG in college because D'Brickashaw Ferguson, another 1st round LT was at UVA at the same time.

Albert's talent is being mobile enough to deal with most speed rushers and he can be useful on the stretch plays that Jamal Charles has had a lot of success with under Haley and last year. Albert may not be very good at dealing with the big space eating DTs and NGs that guards have to block.

Chiefs fans should stop thinking that Albert is a guard just because he played it in college when another 1st round LT was on his team.

loochy
04-29-2013, 12:09 PM
The Deal Is Dead.
Posted via Mobile Device

so is John Goodman