PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Scott Wright Savages the Chiefs

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-29-2013, 12:49 AM
From his draft breakdown when discussing the selection of EJ Manuel:

I will rarely criticize a team for at least trying when it comes to quarterbacks. I would much rather take a flyer on Manuel and his potential than waste time with also-rans such as Alex Smith and Carson Palmer. Teams like the Chiefs and Cardinals are just treading water and delaying the inevitable. Assuming of course that the ultimate goal is to win a Super Bowl.

MMXcalibur
04-29-2013, 12:51 AM
Who here has ever played Donkey Kong Country 2?

kcxiv
04-29-2013, 01:17 AM
Thats what i been saying for years now. We dont even fucking try. Its like hey, lets try to win the Superbowl the hardest way possible!!!!!!

Every other fucking team, at least tries, maybe it dont work, but they try! Chiefs? our chance to win a superbowl with retreads very very slim to none.

MoreLemonPledge
04-29-2013, 01:56 AM

I have. While I found the eschewing of Donkey Kong as a main character a tad concerning, Dixie Kong did bring a level of ingenuity (and relative ease) to the game with her flying/floating pony tail maneuver. I found her to be a worthy addition to the Kong family, much more so than Kiddy Kong in Donkey Kong Country 3.

All told, I would say DKC2 was the best game in the series. It improved upon everything in the first game and didn't suffer from the redundancies of the third one.

jimw51
04-29-2013, 03:50 AM
And we care what he thinks right

Fritz88
04-29-2013, 04:11 AM
I wouldn't have mind taken EJ 1.1. He will be a stud.
Posted via Mobile Device

Setsuna
04-29-2013, 04:40 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie? Is that you?

ChiefMojo
04-29-2013, 04:48 AM
I don't understand how anyone can get upset at any team for takin a QB period this year... none of them are franchise QB's out of this draft.

HMc
04-29-2013, 04:49 AM
He has a point with Palmer. At least with Smith he is a little younger. I mean, Drew Brees didn't win a superbowl until his 9th season.

Alex Smith 4Ever
04-29-2013, 05:03 AM
The Bills were the only team to take a QB in the first round. This is the same team that gave Fitzpatrick $60 million and picked Aaron Williams one spot before Andy Dalton and Collin Kaepernick

I'm going to guess that the Bills don't know quarterbacks

ChiTown
04-29-2013, 05:19 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL

BlackHelicopters
04-29-2013, 05:20 AM
I don't understand how anyone can get upset at any team for takin a QB period this year... none of them are franchise QB's out of this draft.

Define " franchise QB".

nychief
04-29-2013, 05:21 AM
The bills have the winning formula. Big ticket free agents like Mario Williams and drafting desperately.

KCUnited
04-29-2013, 05:25 AM
Manuel just needs to have one good season by the time he's 29 and KC will give up a 2nd and hand him a job.

Al Bundy
04-29-2013, 05:36 AM
Screw Scott Wright you've got a franchise Right Tackle!!!
http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/BuccaneerBruce/dumbchefs_zps843e678b.gif (http://s519.photobucket.com/user/BuccaneerBruce/media/dumbchefs_zps843e678b.gif.html)

Sassy Squatch
04-29-2013, 05:38 AM
http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/BuccaneerBruce/dumbchefs_zps843e678b.gif (http://s519.photobucket.com/user/BuccaneerBruce/media/dumbchefs_zps843e678b.gif.html)
Oh yah? Tampa Bay smells like dead fish

BlackHelicopters
04-29-2013, 05:39 AM

This true fans look happy. Free food during the draft?

Al Bundy
04-29-2013, 05:41 AM
Oh yah? Tampa Bay smells like dead fish

With 2 possible Franchise QB's on the roster.

InChiefsHeaven
04-29-2013, 05:53 AM

Nobody gets this excited for a fucking OT...do they??

ILChief
04-29-2013, 05:54 AM
Who is Scott wright?

Fish
04-29-2013, 06:24 AM
This true fans look happy. Free food during the draft?

Free food, cheap $2 beers, and cheap merchandise. They know their demographic..

And yes, there were idiots standing up cheering our selection when we took this year's right tackle with the first overall pick.

siberian khatru
04-29-2013, 06:30 AM

I'm more resigned to the Fisher pick than anything. But "YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!" fist-pumping over it? GTFO.

Fish
04-29-2013, 06:33 AM
Those guys would have been fist pumping if the pick were Leon Sandcastle. They were there to drink beer and cheer the Chiefs. For anything..

mikey23545
04-29-2013, 06:43 AM
Wow...once word gets out what you guys and Scott Wright think about this draft, I hope they put Dorsey and Reid on suicide watch...

Imon Yourside
04-29-2013, 06:45 AM
Nobody gets this excited for a ****ing OT...do they??

We do, the rest of the country laughs mightily at us.

InChiefsHeaven
04-29-2013, 06:47 AM
We do, the rest of the country laughs mightily at us.

Seriously, those guys had to be plants...I HAVE to believe that... I HAVE TOO!!

bevischief
04-29-2013, 06:59 AM

They probably won the Budlight contest to go to the draft.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
04-29-2013, 07:05 AM
EJ Manuel is horrible. Same as Scott Wright's website the last 3 or 4 years.

KC_Lee
04-29-2013, 07:07 AM

And this is who will fill Arrowhead again root and cheering for a 10 - 6 season and one & done in the playoffs again.

Deberg_1990
04-29-2013, 07:12 AM
[URL=http://s519.photobucket.com/user/BuccaneerBruce/media/dumbchefs_zps843e678b.gif.html][IMG]

And this is who will fill Arrowhead again root and cheering for a 10 - 6 season and one & done in the playoffs again.

heheh...i have zero problems with the Fisher pick....the Chiefs can only pick from the talent pool available to them.

But i cant understand people cheering that wildly for a tackle?? At the end of the day, hes still just a tackle.

Red Beans
04-29-2013, 07:12 AM

I thought it was stock footage from some draft in the mid-nineties. Those guys look like extras from the SNL "Da Bears" skit. I'm almost convinced that they're out of work actors being paid in free beer and food...

HMc
04-29-2013, 07:27 AM
I wanted the chiefs to take a QB. Smith seemed the best option as the closest to a consensus pick.

But shit, every team passed on the kid. It's not like he slid to the 15th pick, he made it to the second round. It's not like there aren't teams in the league that are in dire need of QB help, hell the Jaguars Eagles and Titans, none of whom are exactly set at the QB position, passed TWICE on him.

I can believe that the chiefs way is to pick up vet QBs to keep the 9-7 show on the road and the stadium full, but I don't think passing on a guy that no one else wanted either is really evidence of it. It seems more likely that there's substantial evidence (visible to experts) that Smith isn't up to it.

HMc
04-29-2013, 07:28 AM
heheh...i have zero problems with the Fisher pick....the Chiefs can only pick from the talent pool available to them.

But i cant understand people cheering that wildly for a tackle?? At the end of the day, hes still just a tackle.

I was relieved it was him over joeckal. Not excite like those guys though.

New World Order
04-29-2013, 07:32 AM

LMAO

Imon Yourside
04-29-2013, 07:33 AM

Chiefs Kegger, $10 cover, $5 parking.. Come Cheer your Chief Draft Picks to victory and drink... A LOT.

Deberg_1990
04-29-2013, 07:34 AM
The funniest one was i think was the Jags fans crowd reaction shot. Everyone was cheering...except one lone guy in the middle of the crowd, obviously not happy...he then sticks both hands up in the air and flips 2 birds. NFL Network quickly cut away. ROFL

Lex Luthor
04-29-2013, 07:34 AM
I wanted the chiefs to take a QB. Smith seemed the best option as the closest to a consensus pick.

But shit, every team passed on the kid. It's not like he slid to the 15th pick, he made it to the second round. It's not like there aren't teams in the league that are in dire need of QB help, hell the Jaguars Eagles and Titans, none of whom are exactly set at the QB position, passed TWICE on him.

I can believe that the chiefs way is to pick up vet QBs to keep the 9-7 show on the road and the stadium full, but I don't think passing on a guy that no one else wanted either is really evidence of it. It seems more likely that there's substantial evidence (visible to experts) that Smith isn't up to it.
31 other teams validated the decision made by Andy Reid and John Dorsey on Geno Smith. Like you mentioned, some of them validated it twice.

It's time to move on.

RealSNR
04-29-2013, 07:40 AM
"The Buffalo Bills gave a huge contract to Ryan Fitzpatrick. They don't know QBs."

God, the excuses in this thread. People don't realize that once you actually HIT on a QB, unless the surrounding team is complete garbage, your team no longer sucks ass.

People may as well be saying:

"The Ravens reached on Joe Flacco? Yeah, that's because they're shit with QBs."

"The Redskins gave up that much for RGIII? Yeah, that's because they're shit with QBs."

"The Dolphins reached on Tannehill?"

Etc.

The Chiefs will always be one of those teams who is shit with QBs until they grow a pair and draft one.

Dayze
04-29-2013, 07:41 AM

but the tailgating!!! think of the tailgating. we're the best in the league! the sea of red!!!!

WhiteWhale
04-29-2013, 07:44 AM

They look like plants. The guy in the back looks like he's not sure if he's on camera or not. ROFL

dtebbe
04-29-2013, 08:31 AM

Love the mullet and Dinte Hall jersey. Priceless :clap:

Dayze
04-29-2013, 08:33 AM
it's probably a good idea for me to get a hard hat as well, considering how much I bang my head against the wall with this team

DJ's left nut
04-29-2013, 08:45 AM
Were you just looking for a reason to use the word 'savage' in a thread title?

Questioned? Yeah, he certainly questioned the Chiefs approach to QB acquisition.

But it was a 2-sentence, throwaway comment. The Chiefs have been savaged with fair frequency over the last couple of years. This kind of patty-cake barely merits a blip on the radar.

KC_Lee
but the tailgating!!! think of the tailgating. we're the best in the league! the sea of red!!!!

Oh I know, I know. I used to be a true fan in the 90's. Winning season with another scrub back up QB, one & done in the playoffs and I would clap like a seal for another fish to be tossed to me.

duncan_idaho
"The Buffalo Bills gave a huge contract to Ryan Fitzpatrick. They don't know QBs."

God, the excuses in this thread. People don't realize that once you actually HIT on a QB, unless the surrounding team is complete garbage, your team no longer sucks ass.

"The Redskins gave up that much for RGIII? Yeah, that's because they're shit with QBs."

Etc.

The Chiefs will always be one of those teams who is shit with QBs until they grow a pair and draft one.

Exactly.

At some point, you have to start taking shots.

Even if the Chiefs didn't take that shot at 1.1, they should have taken a shot this year. They should take a shot every year until they find "the guy." Even after giving up the second round pick, they should have taken a shot (especially considering the way QBs slipped).

And even after finding "the guy" they should continue drafting QBs, because of how much you can get for them in trade.

Marcellus
04-29-2013, 08:50 AM
Were you just looking for a reason to use the word 'savage' in a thread title?

Questioned? Yeah, he certainly questioned the Chiefs approach to QB acquisition.

But it was a 2-sentence, throwaway comment. The Chiefs have been savaged with fair frequency over the last couple of years. This kind of patty-cake barely merits a blip on the radar.

No shit when I saw the title I was expecting a ripping. Hell that was nothing.

This place is littered with shit 100x worse about 10x per hour.

Bearcat
04-29-2013, 09:43 AM

Etc.

Yep... given a first round OT that will make the Pro Bowl for the next 10+ seasons, or striking out on a first round QB or two before finding the next elite QB, the Chiefs and a lot of fans prefer the OT. It might have made more sense 20 or 30 years ago, but it certainly doesn't any more.

And I'm pretty sure at least some of the people who love to use the lines "trust the coaches/GM, they've been doing this a long time"/"they have a plan"/etc, would go ballistic if the Chiefs had the balls to stretch and draft a QB a round or two early or used a couple of picks to trade up to get one, especially if it didn't work out. It's always been "if (insert skill position player) slides down, we'll take him" (well, no shit), and this year that guy had to slide completely out of the draft.

It's insane enough that it took the past two years to really put a dent into Arrowhead attendance, but then to run out and buy season tickets like it's 2009 again because they cleaned up their mistakes, just to see the new guys make the same mistakes, then rationalize just like it like it's been rationalized for the past 3 decades... holy crap.

Pilsner
04-29-2013, 09:51 AM
I didn't realize savage was a transitive verb.

Also, this draft was poop.

mcaj22
04-29-2013, 09:51 AM
why are you guys so upset we have our QB of the future

WV
04-29-2013, 09:52 AM
why are you guys so upset we have our QB of the future

ROFL Wut?:spock: Not sure if serious.

Bowser
04-29-2013, 09:54 AM
Yep... given a first round OT that will make the Pro Bowl for the next 10+ seasons, or striking out on a first round QB or two before finding the next elite QB, the Chiefs and a lot of fans prefer the OT. It might have made more sense 20 or 30 years ago, but it certainly doesn't any more.

And I'm pretty sure at least some of the people who love to use the lines "trust the coaches/GM, they've been doing this a long time"/"they have a plan"/etc, would go ballistic if the Chiefs had the balls to stretch and draft a QB a round or two early or used a couple of picks to trade up to get one, especially if it didn't work out. It's always been "if (insert skill position player) slides down, we'll take him" (well, no shit), and this year that guy had to slide completely out of the draft.

It's insane enough that it took the past two years to really put a dent into Arrowhead attendance, but then to run out and buy season tickets like it's 2009 again because they cleaned up their mistakes, just to see the new guys make the same mistakes, then rationalize just like it like it's been rationalized for the past 3 decades... holy crap.

Your quoting of true fans is so freaking hilarious becasue it is so freaking accurate. A good friend of mine went and got his tickets back after not buying them for las two season (he was a STH for 20 years). He still has no idea why I refuse to go buy my own season tickets. He laughs right at me when I tell him I expect no more than an 8-8/9-7 season coming up. I tell him to get back with me on hi sprediction on what the Chiefs will do after Kiper/McShay make a prediction on our season. He never seems to understand the point I'm making.

Mr. Laz
04-29-2013, 09:55 AM
cool thread, bro

mcaj22
04-29-2013, 09:55 AM
ROFL Wut?:spock: Not sure if serious.

dont worry ill keep a seat warm for you and welcome you with open arms when you are ready to become a believer of our QB of the future

Just Passin' By
04-29-2013, 09:57 AM

Etc.

:spock:

If only they'd have taken Sanchez, they'd be locks for the Lombardi this year.

philfree
04-29-2013, 09:59 AM
This guy and his website suck. He doesn't do jack with it till about a month from the draft from what I can tell. Fuck Scott Wrong.

Bearcat
04-29-2013, 10:03 AM
Your quoting of true fans is so freaking hilarious becasue it is so freaking accurate. A good friend of mine went and got his tickets back after not buying them for las two season (he was a STH for 20 years). He still has no idea why I refuse to go buy my own season tickets. He laughs right at me when I tell him I expect no more than an 8-8/9-7 season coming up. I tell him to get back with me on hi sprediction on what the Chiefs will do after Kiper/McShay make a prediction on our season. He never seems to understand the point I'm making.

Hey, our first contestant...

:spock:

If only they'd have taken Sanchez, they'd be locks for the Lombardi this year.

...yeah, if you fail, you try again. The Jets didn't have Super Bowl caliber QB, they didn't a few days ago, and now they're trying again with Geno Smith. The Chiefs, OTOH, didn't have a SB caliber QB, they didn't a few days ago, and they don't now. Which is worse?

buddha
04-29-2013, 10:05 AM
From his draft breakdown when discussing the selection of EJ Manuel:

I will rarely criticize a team for at least trying when it comes to quarterbacks. I would much rather take a flyer on Manuel and his potential than waste time with also-rans such as Alex Smith and Carson Palmer. Teams like the Chiefs and Cardinals are just treading water and delaying the inevitable. Assuming of course that the ultimate goal is to win a Super Bowl.

That's what you call "Savaging the Chiefs?" ROFL

Al Bundy
04-29-2013, 10:06 AM
The funniest one was i think was the Jags fans crowd reaction shot. Everyone was cheering...except one lone guy in the middle of the crowd, obviously not happy...he then sticks both hands up in the air and flips 2 birds. NFL Network quickly cut away. ROFL

We NEED that gif!!!!!

Sassy Squatch
04-29-2013, 10:08 AM
This class of QBs sucked according to pretty much every franchise. The only QB taken in the first round was a major project.

ptlyon
04-29-2013, 10:09 AM
Pardon me whilst I go savage some lunch and then the toilet

Just Passin' By
04-29-2013, 10:10 AM
...yeah, if you fail, you try again. The Jets didn't have Super Bowl caliber QB, they didn't a few days ago, and now they're trying again with Geno Smith. The Chiefs, OTOH, didn't have a SB caliber QB, they didn't a few days ago, and they don't now. Which is worse?

Drafting a QB in round one and missing was much worse, historically. With the new CBA and the lower salaries, that may even things out a bit. Still, taking first and second round fliers on guys you don't think are the guy just to say you tried is always going to be a really stupid idea. SNR seems genetically incapable of wrapping his brain around that.

Fat Elvis
04-29-2013, 10:10 AM

This is exactly how I envisioned the Geno mafia reacting to each others' posts in about 15-20 years. Wendler is on the left, SNR is on the right, and the poor sap in the middle is some johhny-come-lately who has this delusion that Claythan actually provides some sort of value to this board.

Bowser
04-29-2013, 10:13 AM

Moronpalooza

Bowser
04-29-2013, 10:16 AM
Drafting a QB in round one and missing was much worse, historically. With the new CBA and the lower salaries, that may even things out a bit. Still, taking fliers on guys you don't think are the guy just to say you tried is always going to be a really stupid idea. SNR seems genetically incapable of wrapping his brain around that.

So for 30 years the Chiefs haven't felt that any quarterback in the first round was "the guy"? How much success have the Chiefs had with their pattened Retread Quarterback Approach have they had, again?

Mr. Laz
04-29-2013, 10:17 AM
The guys were on t.v. they would have cheered anything.

dunno why people are getting so stupid about cheering fans who are @arrowhead @on T.V cheering in representation of their team.

just silly

mcaj22
04-29-2013, 10:17 AM
i think its because it looks like they are from 1983 and not the year 2013.

keg in kc
04-29-2013, 10:19 AM
It's not just us. How many of the league's top QBs are guys who should've been taken earlier but slipped for various reasons, usually height or level of competition. The league is always slow to change, philosophically. And this weekend may have been the most conservative draft I've ever seen. It was painful to watch.

Demonpenz
04-29-2013, 10:20 AM
The good thing about Chiefs fans is that after they are done cheering for a terrible franchise they can be extra's for Alabama's next great work Anthiem for people who have been layed off for years.

ptlyon
04-29-2013, 10:20 AM
I think someone should have been there throwing feces at the camera like a monkey

Bearcat
04-29-2013, 10:25 AM
Drafting a QB in round one and missing was much worse, historically. With the new CBA and the lower salaries, that may even things out a bit. Still, taking first and second round fliers on guys you don't think are the guy just to say you tried is always going to be a really stupid idea. SNR seems genetically incapable of wrapping his brain around that.

The position is just that important these days. I agree to some extent... you don't take someone if you really, truly believe they won't be successful in the NFL or in your system... you don't try for the sake of trying. And maybe this was the one year the Chiefs are right in just making the safe move and picking up a retread and undrafted QB... maybe this regime actually has it right and has a plan, blah blah... but, they couldn't even make a stretch at #63 or #96 or #99, etc.

ChiTown
04-29-2013, 10:32 AM
The guys were on t.v. they would have cheered anything.

dunno why people are getting so stupid about cheering fans who are @arrowhead @on T.V cheering in representation of their team.

just silly

Our fans = Retarded.

We'd find a way to bitch about a free meal and a blow job delivered by Kate Upton

Sassy Squatch
04-29-2013, 10:34 AM
The position is just that important these days. I agree to some extent... you don't take someone if you really, truly believe they won't be successful in the NFL or in your system... you don't try for the sake of trying. And maybe this was the one year the Chiefs are right in just making the safe move and picking up a retread and undrafted QB... maybe this regime actually has it right and has a plan, blah blah... but, they couldn't even make a stretch at #63 or #96 or #99, etc.
Ah well. They lucked into Bray this year.

ptlyon
04-29-2013, 10:35 AM
Our fans = Retarded.

We'd find a way to bitch about a free meal and a blow job delivered by Kate Upton

Hope she is a good cook

KCrockaholic
04-29-2013, 10:35 AM
That Gif is disturbing...

Just Passin' By
04-29-2013, 10:39 AM

The QB class sucked as prospects. This was being said for months. The GMs around the league clearly believed that, because QBs went very late in this draft, not early. Hell, when a team did pick a QB (Manuel), this board mocked them for taking the player.

If it's all about just trying to get the QB, the Jets would be rolling in Super Bowls. They haven't won shit since Namath, but they've drafted Todd, O'Brien, Pennington, Sanchez and Hobart (supplemental, never played for them) in the first round, along with Clemens, Nagle and Woodall in the second. For all the crying around here about not taking QBs in the first, KC has won a Super Bowl more recently than that dumpster fire of a team.

QB is important. Hell, it's critical. But pissing away picks on players you don't believe in is just bad management.

ChiTown
04-29-2013, 10:40 AM
Hope she is a good cook

LMAO

Jerm
04-29-2013, 10:41 AM
That gif is the most embarrassing thing in Chiefs' history....

ChiTown
04-29-2013, 10:42 AM
That gif is the most embarrassing thing in Chiefs' history....

I'd say the 2012-13 Chiefs Season would top that gif, but hey, that's just me.

RealSNR
04-29-2013, 10:46 AM

Joe Flacco wasn't the best player on the board.

Ryan Tannehill wasn't the best player on the board.

Same goes for Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick.

For every JP Losman there's a Jay Cutler. For every Blaine Gabbert there's a Matt Ryan.

That's what YOU don't fucking get. It's not that I can't understand the point you're trying to make. In fact, I understand it perfectly. I just think it's utter bullshit. Because of the many, many, many reasons that have been exhaustively discussed on this message board since Trent Green was looking long in the tooth.

philfree
04-29-2013, 10:48 AM

For every JP Losman there's a Jay Cutler. For every Blaine Gabbert there's a Matt Ryan.

That's what YOU don't ****ing get. It's not that I can't understand the point you're trying to make. In fact, I understand it perfectly. I just think it's utter bullshit. Because of the many, many, many reasons that have been exhaustively discussed on this message board since Trent Green was looking long in the tooth.

Who's board? Yours? LOL We've seen how that works out.

Sassy Squatch
04-29-2013, 10:49 AM

That's what YOU don't fucking get. It's not that I can't understand the point you're trying to make. In fact, I understand it perfectly. I just think it's utter bullshit. Because of the many, many, many reasons that have been exhaustively discussed on this message board since Trent Green was looking long in the tooth.
U mad bro?

keg in kc
04-29-2013, 10:49 AM
Who's board? Yours? LOL We've seen how that works out.No, we actually haven't.

RealSNR
04-29-2013, 10:52 AM
Who's board? Yours? LOL We've seen how that works out.

Joe Flacco the presumed 2nd round pick went in the middle of the 1st.

Yeah, I'll bet he was at the top of the Ravens' draft board. Not at all like they were trying to fill a need. Nope. That small school guy with the occasional accuracy issue and a handful of glaring bad losses to terrible schools in his shit conference was absolutely the right QB for that spot. In a world where you should only take sure things at QB in the first round, the Ravens totally made the right call in drafting Joe "Sure thing" Flacco out of football powerhouse University of Delaware.

Yup. That's exactly what happened. Top o' the board. BPA.

Boy, if only the Chiefs had the kind of luck the Ravens had in being able to draft sure thing QBs in the middle of the first round who also happened to be the BPA on their draft boards.

Just Passin' By
04-29-2013, 10:53 AM

That's what YOU don't ****ing get. It's not that I can't understand the point you're trying to make. In fact, I understand it perfectly. I just think it's utter bullshit. Because of the many, many, many reasons that have been exhaustively discussed on this message board since Trent Green was looking long in the tooth.

You obviously don't understand it perfectly, since you're citing Jay Cutler, and since you're claiming a 1:1 ratio which is nowhere near accurate. If you could understand the point you woudn't be making such stupid ****ing arguments. You don't piss away high picks on players you don't have faith in. For ****'s sake, people here railed about them not taking Sanchez, time has proven that decision to be 100% the right one, and people like you are still making the same stupid ****ing argument that amounts to nothing more than "You've got to take a QB because you haven't taken one in a while".

RealSNR
04-29-2013, 10:54 AM
U mad bro?

I am. Just Passin' By is infuriating to talk to about QBs.

Fans of other teams should have to endure exactly what the Chiefs have gone through at the QB position since 1983 before they think they know what's best for our franchise.

RealSNR
04-29-2013, 10:55 AM
You obviously don't understand it perfectly, since you're citing Jay Cutler, and since you're claiming a 1:1 ratio which is nowhere near accurate. If you could understand the point you woudn't be making such stupid ****ing arguments. You don't piss away high picks on players you don't have faith in. For ****'s sake, people here railed about them not taking Sanchez, time has proven that decision to be 100% the right one, and people like you are still making the same stupid ****ing argument that amounts to nothing more than "You've got to take a QB because you haven't taken one in a while".

Tyson Jackson or Mark Sanchez + the 34th overall pick in the 2009 draft?

Which would you choose?

Also, when did I claim a 1:1 ratio? Quit interpreting shit so literally.

AdumbGuy
04-29-2013, 10:56 AM
I'd say the 2012-13 Chiefs Season would top that gif, but hey, that's just me.

The season has nothing on that gif. It was just one season, after all. That gif though, fuck man, that shit perfectly encapsulates the entirety of the chiefs crapulence since Herm.

I've never wanted to punch a fat old man more in my life.

Titty Meat
04-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Who cares we got tyler bray

Chief_For_Life58
04-29-2013, 11:00 AM

dunt cur hd secks

Bowser
04-29-2013, 11:01 AM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb177p8dDw1r2ikar.gif

Bearcat
04-29-2013, 11:13 AM
The QB class sucked as prospects. This was being said for months. The GMs around the league clearly believed that, because QBs went very late in this draft, not early. Hell, when a team did pick a QB (Manuel), this board mocked them for taking the player.

If it's all about just trying to get the QB, the Jets would be rolling in Super Bowls. They haven't won shit since Namath, but they've drafted Todd, O'Brien, Pennington, Sanchez and Hobart (supplemental, never played for them) in the first round, along with Clemens, Nagle and Woodall in the second. For all the crying around here about not taking QBs in the first, KC has won a Super Bowl more recently than that dumpster fire of a team.

QB is important. Hell, it's critical. But pissing away picks on players you don't believe in is just bad management.

They had 10 playoff appearances with those picks, but that's not even the argument (not to mention the league has changed dramatically... it's so much more about the QB these days). The argument isn't "drafting QBs early guarantees playoff/SB success"... it's that (again, these days) having an elite QB is pretty much a prerequisite for playoff success.

Yes, the draft is kind of a crapshoot, first round draft picks fail, and proven QBs fail. You're arguing that drafting a QB in the early rounds doesn't guarantee success, which is true, while we're arguing that not concentrating on the QB position pretty much guarantees failure, which is also true.

Yes, the Jets and Chiefs have failed in different ways, but the Jets will one day find the right QB who can take them deep into the playoffs, while the Chiefs will be drafting OTs and signing retread QBs and wondering why they can't get beyond 10-6 seasons and maybe a single playoff win for any given season.

AdumbGuy
04-29-2013, 11:13 AM

The decision not to take buttfumble was actually the wrong one. Last I checked, we were 2-14 last year. As shitty as buttfumble is/was, we were fucking 2-14 last year!

beer bacon
04-29-2013, 11:15 AM

We look like a bunch of Canadians.

Just Passin' By
04-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Tyson Jackson or Mark Sanchez + the 34th overall pick in the 2009 draft?

Which would you choose?

Neither. I thought the pick would be Raji. I'd Choose Raji over Sanchez + 34th pick, because I didn't like Sanchez from the beginning.

In 2009, 12 QBs were taken in the draft. Stafford, taken ahead of the Chiefs, wasn't an option. Sanchez has been a washout. That leaves Josh Freeman as the only other alternative. He had a great second season, but he's mostly been dogshit. Those were the choices in 2009.

2013 didn't have a Stafford at the top. That's the problem for the Chiefs. The two recent years where they were at, or near, the top of the draft were two years without the QB prospects available. Maybe Smith pans out. Hell, maybe Bray pans out. No matter what, though, as prospects, they scared teams away from them in the first round.

Was it Tebow, McCoy or Clausen that you were demanding the Chiefs take instead of Berry in the first round of the 2010 draft? Which of the 13 drafted QBs not named Bradford were you thinking was going to be the franchise QB from that year?

Also, when did I claim a 1:1 ratio?

"for every... there's a". You did it twice.

Quit interpreting shit so literally.

Don't make stupid claims.

InChiefsHeaven
04-29-2013, 11:30 AM
We look like a bunch of Canadians.

It does look like a scene from an Adam Sandler movie...

Just Passin' By
04-29-2013, 11:35 AM
They had 10 playoff appearances with those picks, but that's not even the argument (not to mention the league has changed dramatically... it's so much more about the QB these days). The argument isn't "drafting QBs early guarantees playoff/SB success"... it's that (again, these days) having an elite QB is pretty much a prerequisite for playoff success.

If you want to argue that having an elite, or at least a high end, QB is very important to being a true and consistent contender, I'm 100% in agreement with that.

Yes, the draft is kind of a crapshoot, first round draft picks fail, and proven QBs fail. You're arguing that drafting a QB in the early rounds doesn't guarantee success, which is true, while we're arguing that not concentrating on the QB position pretty much guarantees failure, which is also true.

But that's not what people like SNR are arguing. They are arguing that you need to draft the QB in round one (but only if it's a QB that they actually like).

Yes, the Jets and Chiefs have failed in different ways, but the Jets will one day find the right QB who can take them deep into the playoffs, while the Chiefs will be drafting OTs and signing retread QBs and wondering why they can't get beyond 10-6 seasons and maybe a single playoff win for any given season.

It takes more than just a QB, and even a stiff like Rex Grossman (First round pick!) can get a team to the Super Bowl if you put a good enough team around them.

I feel bad for a lot of Chiefs fans. They'd have a pair of really crappy seasons in the wrong years. Taking crappy QBs just so you can say you took a QB isn't the solution.

jettio
04-29-2013, 11:50 AM

Etc.

The 49ers drafted Alex Smith as 1st overall and he only lost his job to a superstud that is Colin Kaepernick.

It is ridiculous to think that it matters who drafted the highly rated QB.

I can't believe how widespread this stupid idea is, that there is some tremendous satisfaction in drafting a 1st round QB and watching him grow.

Granted, you can look back on some prior drafts and compare who the Chiefs picked to which available QBs they did not draft and be a little frustated, but it would be awful darn stooopid for Dorsey and Reid to draft a QB this year just to make the crowd that thinks like you happy.

This is their first year with the Chiefs, they should not take a flyer on a QB they do not believe in, just because you asked to tooth fairy to bring you a first round QB.

And that goes to all of the other posters who have been on this ridiculous campaign to draft a QB for the sake of it.

RealSNR
04-29-2013, 11:53 AM
Don't make stupid claims.

You're full of shit. You know damn well I didn't mean that.

RealSNR
04-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Was it Tebow, McCoy or Clausen that you were demanding the Chiefs take instead of Berry in the first round of the 2010 draft? Which of the 13 drafted QBs not named Bradford were you thinking was going to be the franchise QB from that year?

None of them. Berry was the player I wanted at #5.

I did like Jimmy Clausen, though, and really wanted him at the top of the 2nd round when he fell.

Also, it's hilarious that Sam Bradford is supposedly worth the #1 overall pick. I was pretty sour on him, and probably would have taken Berry even if Bradford fell to #5.

Just Passin' By
04-29-2013, 11:55 AM
You're full of shit. You know damn well I didn't mean that.

You said it and repeated it. I just responded to it, appropriately. If someone here is full of shit, it's you.

Just Passin' By
04-29-2013, 11:57 AM
None of them. Berry was the player I wanted at #5.

I did like Jimmy Clausen, though, and really wanted him at the top of the 2nd round when he fell.

They haven't taken a first round QB in decades. They should have taken Tebow/McCoy/Clausen according to your logic. That you were calling for Berry and not one of them shows that you're really just a hypocrite on this subject.

keg in kc
04-29-2013, 12:01 PM
Forget about the first round at this point. How about drafting a QB in any round? Ricky Stanzi in the 5th in 2011, Brodie Croyle in the 3rd in 2006, James Killian in the 7th in 2005, Pat Barnes in the 4th in 1997, Steve Stenstrom in the 4th in 1995 and Steve Matthews in the 7th in 1994. That's every QB this team has drafted for 20 years. SIX. In 20 years. And nothing above the 3rd round.

No wonder people seem gleeful about Tyler Bray. The people who want to try get a talented if immature prospect and the penny-pinchers brain-washed by the franchise into thinking bargains are the way to go are happy cause the Chiefs don't have to spend anything on him.

Bearcat
04-29-2013, 12:02 PM
It takes more than just a QB, and even a stiff like Rex Grossman (First round pick!) can get a team to the Super Bowl if you put a good enough team around them.

I feel bad for a lot of Chiefs fans. They'd have a pair of really crappy seasons in the wrong years. Taking crappy QBs just so you can say you took a QB isn't the solution.

Sure, but it's like trying to win a Stanley Cup without good goaltending and defense... it happens, but you have to be truly elite in another phase of the game... like the Bears were on defense. You can hide a bad offensive line with one guy (Aaron Rodgers, for starters), you can hide an entire defense with (practically) one guy in the right system... if you want to hide one bad QB, you better make up for it with your entire defense or several offensive positions.

And for the few guys you mentioned, there were several more passed up in the first few rounds... sure, a lot of teams struck out. Elite QBs don't grow on trees... but if you expand your list to include the first 3 rounds, there are some pretty good QBs that were passed up. I'm not arguing your point vs SNR as far as first round QBs, just reiterating the point that it would be nice if they tried something beyond retread and #100+ picks (too bad Croyle didn't work out... he was their one shot at greatness :sulk: ).

RealSNR
04-29-2013, 12:03 PM
They haven't taken a first round QB in decades. They should have taken Tebow/McCoy/Clausen according to your logic. That you were calling for Berry and not one of them shows that you're really just a hypocrite on this subject.

No, fuckface. Taking a QB just to take a QB is NOT what people have been saying.

The deal with Geno Smith was a ton of posters on this forum (very high quality and knowledgeable posters) liked the player. They thought he was pretty good and worth a first round pick, but given the lack of Calvin Johnsons, Ndamukong Suhs, or even Jadeveon Clowneys, the Chiefs should probably go ahead and take the QB instead of wallowing in a logjam at LT. When the Chiefs made the Alex Smith trade, they liked Geno even MORE given that he could sit for a year and come in when he was ready.

They evaluated Geno Smith THE PLAYER. Not just as some QB. And given the needs of the Kansas City Chiefs (which had nothing to do with history but more with the shit crap of low-quality non QBs at the top of the 2013 draft) they decided he should be the pick.

Did you see an Eric Berry in 2013?

InChiefsHeaven
04-29-2013, 12:03 PM
The 49ers drafted Alex Smith as 1st overall and he only lost his job to a superstud that is Colin Kaepernick.

I can't believe how widespread this stupid idea is, that there is some tremendous satisfaction in drafting a 1st round QB and watching him grow.

Granted, you can look back on some prior drafts and compare who the Chiefs picked to which available QBs they did not draft and be a little frustated, but it would be awful darn stooopid for Dorsey and Reid to draft a QB this year just to make the crowd that thinks like you happy.

This is their first year with the Chiefs, they should not take a flyer on a QB they do not believe in, just because you asked to tooth fairy to bring you a first round QB.

And that goes to all of the other posters who have been on this ridiculous campaign to draft a QB for the sake of it.

Hate to say it, I was one of those guys. I think it's just frustration over never drafting a QB. But when Geno went into the abyss, I decided that hey, you know what? I really don't know what the hell I'm talking about. Now, I'm just gonna sit back and let this play out. Dorsey and Reid deserve the chance to fail...I'll give it too them. I of course hope that they do not...

RealSNR
04-29-2013, 12:04 PM
You said it and repeated it. I just responded to it, appropriately. If someone here is full of shit, it's you.

It's called a literary device.

Bearcat
04-29-2013, 12:04 PM
Forget about the first round at this point. How about drafting a QB in any round? Ricky Stanzi in the 5th in 2011, Brodie Croyle in the 3rd in 2006, James Killian in the 7th in 2005, Pat Barnes in the 4th in 1997, Steve Stenstrom in the 4th in 1995 and Steve Matthews in the 7th in 1994. That's every QB this team has drafted for 20 years. SIX. In 20 years. And nothing above the 3rd round.

No wonder people seem gleeful about Tyler Bray. The people who want to try get a talented if immature prospect and the penny-pinchers brain-washed by the franchise into thinking bargains are the way to go are happy cause the Chiefs don't have to spend anything on him.

I was just about to look up that list.... holy crap.

Bowser
04-29-2013, 12:06 PM

Sure, but it's like trying to win a Stanley Cup without good goaltending and defense... it happens, but you have to be truly elite in another phase of the game... like the Bears were on defense. You can hide a bad offensive line with one guy (Aaron Rodgers, for starters), you can hide an entire defense with (practically) one guy in the right system... if you want to hide one bad QB, you better make up for it with your entire defense or several offensive positions.

And for the few guys you mentioned, there were several more passed up in the first few rounds... sure, a lot of teams struck out. Elite QBs don't grow on trees... but if you expand your list to include the first 3 rounds, there are some pretty good QBs that were passed up. I'm not arguing your point vs SNR as far as first round QBs, just reiterating the point that it would be nice if they tried something beyond retread and #100+ picks (too bad Croyle didn't work out... he was their one shot at greatness :sulk: ).

These two posts need to be put in their own thread and perma-stickied until we actually draft a playmaker at quarterback.

keg in kc
04-29-2013, 12:11 PM
Just picking a team at random...The Packers have drafted 12 QBs since 1993. A team that's had two legitimate franchise QBs covering that entire period.

Bowser
04-29-2013, 12:13 PM
Just picking a team at random...The Packers have drafted 12 QBs since 1993. A team that's had two legitimate franchise QBs covering that entire period.

Hahaha, good lord.

nychief
04-29-2013, 12:14 PM
Just picking a team at random...The Packers have drafted 12 QBs since 1993.

I think we'll draft more QBs under this regime....the fact is they have brought in 4 new QBs (3 with a chance of making the team) since January... it is not as though they have not addressed the position.

Bearcat
04-29-2013, 12:16 PM
No, ****face. Taking a QB just to take a QB is NOT what people have been saying.

The deal with Geno Smith was a ton of posters on this forum (very high quality and knowledgeable posters) liked the player. They thought he was pretty good and worth a first round pick, but given the lack of Calvin Johnsons, Ndamukong Suhs, or even Jadeveon Clowneys, the Chiefs should probably go ahead and take the QB instead of wallowing in a logjam at LT. When the Chiefs made the Alex Smith trade, they liked Geno even MORE given that he could sit for a year and come in when he was ready.

They evaluated Geno Smith THE PLAYER. Not just as some QB. And given the needs of the Kansas City Chiefs (which had nothing to do with history but more with the shit crap of low-quality non QBs at the top of the 2013 draft) they decided he should be the pick.

Did you see an Eric Berry in 2013?

Yeah, if there was ever a plan to copy, it was Seattle's... and it's not like anyone expected Russel Wilson to win the job. And I guess a true fan can say that's exactly what the Chiefs did, even though it was in the typical no risk style that's plagued the team for decades.

keg in kc
04-29-2013, 12:16 PM
I think we'll draft more QBs under this regime....the fact is they have brought in 4 new QBs (3 with a chance of making the team) since January... it is not as though they have not addressed the position.
One can only hope.

Just Passin' By
04-29-2013, 12:18 PM

I hear what you're saying, and I'm sure it's frustrating as hell that the team's been an afterthought for as long as it has. But spending weeks or months on "GENO!!!!' (or Sanchez in 2009) when the kid's were significantly flawed prospects, and shitting all over the organization because they don't pick those kids is stupid. Teams who need QBs and see one at #1 aren't trading out if they like the QB, so that leaves only sitting at #1 or being bad in a year with multiple good QB prospects. Since 2005, the only arguable players of that level have been

Rodgers - huge miss, but by a lot of teams. The Tedford angle and his throwing mechanics scared teams away.

Culter - LMAO (No, really, SNR listed Cutler)

Ryan - Here's the big one with a relatively easy trade up to #1 or #2 in terms of value, but that wasn't under either Pioli or Reid.

In 2012, the Redskins just weren't going to be beaten out in terms of offers for the #2 spot and RGIII, and you're welcome to think Tannehill's a top guy, but I'm not on that bandwagon.

If people want to be pissed about missed QB opportunities, 2008 makes sense, but 2009-2013 don't.

AdumbGuy
04-29-2013, 12:18 PM

At least some of the "homegrown QB" rhetoric comes from the knowledge that other team's castoffs rarely if ever succeed elsewhere. Our own QB track record is the perfect evidence for that argument.

I would love it if Reid/Dorsey would draft a QB just to make me personally happy, but that's not why I'm pissed that they don't take a chance. I'm pissed because my experience has taught me that there is an incredibly high probability that the strategy they are trying is going to fail. It has been demonstrated repeatedly.

Even if Alex Smith is a good QB, is he better than the 49ers current QB? So basically, we're going for at best, the 2nd best possible QB? I'd rather have the hope of the unknown, boom or bust, rather than the safety of known mediocrity.

That's just me though, I can completely understand somebody else not feeling that way.

Just Passin' By
04-29-2013, 12:19 PM
It's called a literary device.

It's called a load of bullshit that you were tossing out to try buttressing a really weak argument.

RealSNR
04-29-2013, 12:27 PM
It's called a load of bullshit that you were tossing out to try buttressing a really weak argument.

If this were my opinion, wouldn't it have been easier and clearer for me to say, "There are just as many QB successes as QB failures in the first round"

Instead, I said, "For every Losman there's a Cutler..." etc.

It's called anaphora.

In any case, that wasn't what I said. Stop saying it was.

RealSNR
04-29-2013, 12:29 PM
Also, do you actually believe the Chiefs are better off trading 2 2nd round picks for Alex fucking Smith than drafting a QB clone of Jay Cutler in the first round, if there were one to draft?

I'll take Cutler 10 times out of 10 over Alex Smith.

Mecca
04-29-2013, 12:30 PM
We never draft QBs cause we have front offices afraid of offending players. Vermeil and Green, Pioli and Cassel, all about fragile egos.

Bearcat
04-29-2013, 12:32 PM
I hear what you're saying, and I'm sure it's frustrating as hell that the team's been an afterthought for as long as it has. But spending weeks or months on "GENO!!!!' (or Sanchez in 2009) when the kid's were significantly flawed prospects, and shitting all over the organization because they don't pick those kids is stupid. Teams who need QBs and see one at #1 aren't trading out if they like the QB, so that leaves only sitting at #1 or being bad in a year with multiple good QB prospects. Since 2005, the only arguable players of that level have been

Rodgers - huge miss, but by a lot of teams. The Tedford angle and his throwing mechanics scared teams away.

Ryan - Here's the big one with a relatively easy trade up to #1 or #2 in terms of value, but that wasn't under either ***** or Reid.

In 2012, the Redskins just weren't going to be beaten out in terms of offers for the #2 spot and RGIII, and you're welcome to think Tannehill's a top guy, but I'm not on that bandwagon.

If people want to be pissed about missed QB opportunities, 2008 makes sense, but 2009-2013 don't.

Like I said (and keg, too), a lot of the frustration isn't just in the first round... Tannehill, Russel Wilson, Dalton, Kaepernick, Ryan Mallett, Clausen, McCoy, etc (of course, that's a sample of all QBs, with no opinions on potential/real success).... year to year, it's easy to say there aren't any prospects that fit the system, don't try just to try, etc; but we're talking decades of not trying at all, with the exception of Croyle and a couple of 4th rounders (and the 4th is stretching it). One one hand, it's not just drafting a QB to do it, but OTOH, that doesn't excuse a team from trying at all, for decades at a time (and when I say decades at a time, I mean all of them).

All you need to know about drafting QBs is in keg's two posts.... the Packers get it. The Chiefs don't.

ptlyon
04-29-2013, 12:35 PM
Well our supposed guru GM came from the Packers

Bearcat
04-29-2013, 12:39 PM
Well our supposed guru GM came from the Packers

The only explanation is that the Hunt family has one of those flashy things from Men in Black.

jettio
04-29-2013, 12:53 PM
At least some of the "homegrown QB" rhetoric comes from the knowledge that other team's castoffs rarely if ever succeed elsewhere. Our own QB track record is the perfect evidence for that argument.

I would love it if Reid/Dorsey would draft a QB just to make me personally happy, but that's not why I'm pissed that they don't take a chance. I'm pissed because my experience has taught me that there is an incredibly high probability that the strategy they are trying is going to fail. It has been demonstrated repeatedly.

Even if Alex Smith is a good QB, is he better than the 49ers current QB? So basically, we're going for at best, the 2nd best possible QB? I'd rather have the hope of the unknown, boom or bust, rather than the safety of known mediocrity.

That's just me though, I can completely understand somebody else not feeling that way.

I wish Montana would have stayed for the 1995 season. Gannon was a castoff that had some good games for the Chiefs and he did better with the Raiders (league MVP and Super Bowl appearance, may have won a Super Bowl if Tony Siragusa did not cheap shot him in AFC title game) after we picked Grbac over him. Grbac had some good numbers, lacked leadership ability. IMO, Trent Green was good enough to win a Super Bowl if our Defense was better and the Patriots were not so good those years.

As far as a relocated QB, I think it depends on how they became available, some are available because some other QB on the roster has won the job when the other guy is injured like Kurt Warner and Trent Green, or there is a QB waiting to take over like Phillip Rivers and Drew Brees.

ptlyon
04-29-2013, 01:03 PM
The only explanation is that the Hunt family has one of those flashy things from Men in Black.

I wish they would point it to the crowd

Al Bundy
04-29-2013, 01:18 PM

I do remember a write up about Steve Stenstrom. IIRC the line was "Stenstrom will make a good coach down the line." That was it.. lol

kcxiv
04-29-2013, 01:19 PM
Since 1983 there is only one team that hasnt drafted a NFL qb in the first round, can you name that team?

the Talking Can
04-29-2013, 01:24 PM

Ryan - Here's the big one with a relatively easy trade up to #1 or #2 in terms of value, but that wasn't under either ***** or Reid.

just shut the **** up about QBs

jesus christ, you sucked the skin off cassel's cock....

every year the same ****ing people with the SAME ****ing excuses...EVERY ****ING YEAR we pass on those 'risky QBs'....every ****ing year we suck, we lose, and we fail

we've done it the way of the retards for decades, we've avoided ALL RISK, and we have nothing to show for it...

you'd think being wrong every day of your god damn life would force you to reconsider at some point

PunkinDrublic
04-29-2013, 01:29 PM
Hamas that's just a little bit of hyperbole. It's critical to be sure, but I wouldn't say he savages the Chiefs.

mcaj22
04-29-2013, 01:30 PM

Ryan Tannehill threw for 3,200 yards in HIS FIRST NFL SEASON

You put aside Luck and RG3 hype, that is what you should expect out of a normal first round rookie QB. Tannehill should progress like the expectations of drafting a first round QB, similar to the Joe Flaccos, Big Bens, Jay Cutler, etc.

Ill take a first round rookie QB throwing for 3200 yards in year 1 with a 7-9 record over giving up two 2nd round draft picks for a 30 year old QB that will throw for 2800 yards and barely get us to 8-8 in his 9th year.

It took Alex Smith his 6th season to even sniff the 3,000 yard mark fyi. It took Tannehill... one.

AdumbGuy
04-29-2013, 02:25 PM
I wish Montana would have stayed for the 1995 season. Gannon was a castoff that had some good games for the Chiefs and he did better with the Raiders (league MVP and Super Bowl appearance, may have won a Super Bowl if Tony Siragusa did not cheap shot him in AFC title game) after we picked Grbac over him. Grbac had some good numbers, lacked leadership ability. IMO, Trent Green was good enough to win a Super Bowl if our Defense was better and the Patriots were not so good those years.

As far as a relocated QB, I think it depends on how they became available, some are available because some other QB on the roster has won the job when the other guy is injured like Kurt Warner and Trent Green, or there is a QB waiting to take over like Phillip Rivers and Drew Brees.

Good point about it depending on how they became available. I loved Trent Green and that offense, but I never considered him a retread per se. As far as Gannon, I have no problem with bringing in FA for backup positions. And if they outplay the starters, by all means, play them.

Simply Red
04-29-2013, 02:33 PM

I'm NOW officially ashamed to be a fan - even more so than before.

Simply Red
04-29-2013, 02:35 PM
those dudes look like relatives from my moms side - in Sedalia and Stover Missouri - YIKES!

KCUnited
04-29-2013, 02:39 PM
Hard to tell from that gif if we just drafted a RT or Texas Toms announced they were reopening throughout the metro.

Chiefnj2
04-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Like I said (and keg, too), a lot of the frustration isn't just in the first round... Tannehill, Russel Wilson, Dalton, Kaepernick, Ryan Mallett, Clausen, McCoy, etc (of course, that's a sample of all QBs, with no opinions on potential/real success).... year to year, it's easy to say there aren't any prospects that fit the system, don't try just to try, etc; but we're talking decades of not trying at all, with the exception of Croyle and a couple of 4th rounders (and the 4th is stretching it). One one hand, it's not just drafting a QB to do it, but OTOH, that doesn't excuse a team from trying at all, for decades at a time (and when I say decades at a time, I mean all of them).

All you need to know about drafting QBs is in keg's two posts.... the Packers get it. The Chiefs don't.

Exactly. We pick coaches/GMs who never challenge their QB. They never bring in anyone who is a real threat.