PDA

View Full Version : Football Justin Blackmon suspended first 4 games

The Franchise
04-30-2013, 02:07 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 7m

Jaguars former first-round pick WR Justin Blackmon is being suspended four games by the NFL, per league sources. More on NFL Live now.

B14ckmon on suicide watch.

silver5liter
04-30-2013, 02:07 PM
Hahahahahaha

Dave Lane
04-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Couldnt happen to a better fan base

Sofa King
04-30-2013, 02:12 PM
Good. Fuck that team. Their shitty trolls have made me desire to see them disband as a team.

Hog's Gone Fishin
BWAAHAAAHAA!

Frosty
Maybe the Chiefs can win now. Whew.

:)

Hammock Parties
04-30-2013, 02:13 PM
We still won't beat Jacksonville. MJD will run wild.

Rain Man
04-30-2013, 02:13 PM
I bet he offered Gabbert a bounty if Gabbert would hit a receiver with a pass.

LoneWolf
04-30-2013, 02:16 PM

A bag of dicks, suck them you will.

saphojunkie
04-30-2013, 02:19 PM

MJD won't get 100 yards.

The Bad Guy
04-30-2013, 02:22 PM
Funny thing is Blackmon14 offered more to this board than Claynus

ptlyon
04-30-2013, 02:22 PM
4 games? What he do, bang Godells wife or something?

mcaj22
04-30-2013, 02:25 PM
yay

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/dumbchefs.gif

Chief Gump
04-30-2013, 02:27 PM
4 games? What he do, bang Godells wife or something?

He probably just sneezed in his direction.

Discuss Thrower
04-30-2013, 02:28 PM
Some scrub WR will go all Miles Austin on our good ol' career day defense.

siberian khatru
04-30-2013, 02:37 PM
That little cancer girl will be heartbroken.

ct
04-30-2013, 02:39 PM
LMAO

B14ckmon must be so proud of his team right now, what with that stellar LT they just drafted, no QB, and last year's top10 BUST now suspended! Hilarious!

RealSNR
04-30-2013, 02:39 PM
Poor B14ckmon.

Being a troll is all fun and games unless you're a fan of the Jaguars, in which case your own team will always be your downfall

WV
04-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Fuck Blackmon and B14ckmon.

This X1000

warrior
04-30-2013, 02:46 PM

kind of sad

Just Passin' By
04-30-2013, 02:52 PM
Substance abuse, not PEDs

This could end up costing him some money above and beyond the suspension:

It's possible the suspension also could jeopardize some of the guarantees in his contract. It's unclear how Blackmon violated the policy, which remains confidential. It takes repeat offenses to incur a suspension.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000165550/article/justin-blackmon-suspended-first-four-games-of-2013-season

Sorter
04-30-2013, 02:56 PM

I can't agree with this.

Clayton, for as much as I disagree some of his football related opinions, creates excellent gifs, has funny stories, and has been an open book on this forum despite the ridiculing he receives (the majority of it rightly inflicted).

B14ckmon just trolled and trolled to the point where it wasn't imaginative or funny.

The Franchise
04-30-2013, 03:08 PM
I can't agree with this.

Clayton, for as much as I disagree some of his football related opinions, creates excellent gifs, has funny stories, and has been an open book on this forum despite the ridiculing he receives (the majority of it rightly inflicted).

B14ckmon just trolled and trolled to the point where it wasn't imaginative or funny.

This.

HemiEd
04-30-2013, 03:26 PM
Bwuahhhaaaahhaaa, fuck Jacksonville.

MTG#10
04-30-2013, 03:38 PM
I can't agree with this.

B14ckmon just trolled and trolled to the point where it wasn't imaginative or funny.Agreed. Clay is one of the best things about this place.

BlackHelicopters
04-30-2013, 03:39 PM
Weed

ShowtimeSBMVP
04-30-2013, 03:45 PM
Blackmon’s contract makes him vulnerable
Posted by Mike Florio on April 30, 2013, 5:42 PM EDT
Justin Blackmon AP

After becoming the fifth overall pick of the Jaguars in 2012 but before signing his rookie contract, Justin Blackmon was arrested for DUI.

The timing was not good, because it gave the Jaguars extensive leverage in their contract talks with Blackmon, who had a DUI at Texas Tech, too. The Jags parlayed that leverage into a contract that deferred 40 percent of his signing bonus into future roster bonuses. As of right now, roughly $4 million has not been paid.

Blackmon also agreed to have all future guarantees wiped out in the event of a suspension. Which means that the Jags can now pull the plug on Blackmon’s deal and owe him nothing more, even though top five players otherwise get fully guaranteed contracts for four seasons.

Throw in a new G.M. who may have had no desire to pick Blackmon in the first place, and Blackmon could be gone. If the Jaguars are willing to accept the fact that Blackmon will have received roughly $8.5 million for one year, they can move on by asking Blackmon to move out.

The Franchise
04-30-2013, 03:52 PM
It'd save them some money but there is no way that they would just get rid of him like that.

Hammock Parties
04-30-2013, 03:55 PM

How dare you impugn a Save Our Chiefs War Hero.

I fought to protect your freedom and this is how I am thanked? With cries of baby killer and volleys of spittle?

It's a looong rooaaaad

http://www.movie-vault.com/ckeditor/images/userfiles/images/1211273584_5.jpg

silver5liter
04-30-2013, 04:03 PM
Meh B14ckmon was alright once he stopped just being a troll douche all the time.

The Franchise
04-30-2013, 04:05 PM
Meh B14ckmon was alright once he stopped just being a troll douche all the time.

When the fuck did he ever stop?

Dave Lane
04-30-2013, 04:18 PM
BWAAHAAAHAA!

Gotta ask. Is the guy in the white shirt you? He's a big Fisher fan and has a powerful stroke.

You have to be impressed with that stroke either way.

siberian khatru
04-30-2013, 04:20 PM
The timing was not good, because it gave the Jaguars extensive leverage in their contract talks with Blackmon, who had a DUI at Texas Tech, too.

:spock:

ReynardMuldrake
04-30-2013, 04:27 PM
yay

I refuse to believe this footage is from 2013. Someone must have spliced in footage from the 1983 draft as a prank or something.

Hootie
04-30-2013, 04:33 PM
yay

man I am tired of seeing this .gif LMAO

Sassy Squatch
04-30-2013, 04:58 PM
Doubt they cut him.

Hammock Parties
04-30-2013, 05:00 PM
man I am tired of seeing this .gif LMAO

I'm tired of noodle arm checkdown kings.

I'm tired of taking fat guys in the 1st round.

I'm tired of being jealous of almost every other team's QB.

ShowtimeSBMVP
04-30-2013, 05:04 PM

What week do you flip flop and make a Alex Smith video? I say week 8

WV
04-30-2013, 05:07 PM

I'm pretty sure you're confusing him with someone else.

Hammock Parties
04-30-2013, 05:08 PM
What week do you flip flop and make a Alex Smith video? I say week 8

Never. Because he'll never be consistent against top teams. And that is the standard.

And you can't make a highlight video out of checkdowns.

Mr. Laz
04-30-2013, 05:12 PM
BWAAHAAAHAA!

^^

:p

Jiu Jitsu Jon
04-30-2013, 05:17 PM
"I'm a BLACKMON, and I can never be a veteran" - Public Enemy

Mav
04-30-2013, 05:17 PM

You need to stop following the Chiefs until both Dorsey and Reid are gone. You are going to be tired alot........

Mav
04-30-2013, 05:19 PM
Never. Because he'll never be consistent against top teams. And that is the standard.

And you can't make a highlight video out of checkdowns.

I guess in your mind, that if you spout enough bullshit, the same rhetoric over and over, that eventually it will magically become true. Sadly, no matter how badly you want to assume that every pass alex smith throws, is a check down to Vernon, or to Frank, thats just flat out bullshit. I already showed, and told you that since Jim Harbaugh had become coach, his number one target, by a LARGE margin had been Crabtree.......

GoChargers
04-30-2013, 05:24 PM
You need to stop following the Chiefs until both Dorsey and Reid are gone. You are going to be tired alot........

How does Alex Smiff walk around all day with you clinging to his nuts?

Hammock Parties
04-30-2013, 05:26 PM
Sadly, no matter how badly you want to assume that every pass alex smith throws, is a check down to Vernon, or to Frank, thats just flat out bullshit..

What is true is that no one in the league, save Christian Ponder, throws more short passes than Alex Smith.

He's a big scared pussy when it's time to throw the ball down the field.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-30-2013, 05:30 PM

Yeah, you're out of your goddamned mind. And this just in: Cockmon suspended for Joeckeling.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav
04-30-2013, 05:31 PM
What is true is that no one in the league, save Christian Ponder, throws more short passes than Alex Smith.

Not necessarily true, or accurate in the sentiments either. What he is, is conservative, and doesnt mind utilizing the running game, or the short quick passing game to let his play makers make plays. What is Ironic is people post about how kaep throws down the field. Um, well, okay, have you guys SEEN HIM TRY TO THROW SHORT? Its awful.

But carry on Clay. I still like you even if everything you say in regards to alex smith is fradulent as fuck.

Mav
04-30-2013, 05:33 PM
How does Alex Smiff walk around all day with you clinging to his nuts?

I didnt realize that the comment you commented on, had anything to do with ALEX SMITH. In actuality, i was referring to the fact that both Dorsey, and Andy Reid came from teams that typically draft fat guys in the first round.

So, guess who has a bag of mind your own fucking business with your name written all over it.

<-This guy.

Hammock Parties
04-30-2013, 05:34 PM
Not necessarily true, or accurate in the sentiments either. What he is, is conservative, and doesnt mind utilizing the running game, or the short quick passing game to let his play makers make plays. What is Ironic is people post about how kaep throws down the field. Um, well, okay, have you guys SEEN HIM TRY TO THROW SHORT? Its awful.

But carry on Clay. I still like you even if everything you say in regards to alex smith is fradulent as fuck.

FUCK YOU, ALEX SMITH FAN. YOU ARE A LIAR AND A DECEIVER.

http://i.imgur.com/owaaxsC.jpg

RunKC
04-30-2013, 05:37 PM

The same rules apply for Geno Smith. He threw more short passes than any college QB last year.

Hammock Parties
04-30-2013, 05:39 PM
The same rules apply for Geno Smith. He threw more short passes than any college QB last year.

I don't care. We're talking about OUR quarterback.

Mr. Laz
04-30-2013, 05:39 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 31m
Justin Blackmon left himself vulnerable with his suspension. All his guarantees are null/void, per his contract. Could be cut with no $ paid
Expand

O.city
04-30-2013, 05:40 PM

Matt Barkley did actually

Bwana
04-30-2013, 05:42 PM
Snicker

RealSNR
04-30-2013, 05:42 PM

You know, secretly, I love the idea of a football team of the best fat guys in the league. If the Chiefs are to dominate an opponent, I want it to be the kind of team where the hogs on the offensive line are shoving the line back all day and our defensive line is damn near unblockable.

I'm not ashamed of this at all because I know you can be a team that favors those kinds of positions heavily over the others and still win playoff games.

As long as you have a QB.

If/when the Chiefs finally draft their franchise QB before I fucking die, I will be the happiest clam on draft day. It won't matter who they take or at what position. They can go ahead and draft nothing but 5-techs for 10 straight years. As long as we've got the QB, we can win, and theoretically a QB with that kind of help in the trenches is far more dangerous than a QB without that kind of support.

But drafting that way while your QB is Alex Smith?

Unacfuckingceptable. Completely and utterly hopeless.

Rausch
04-30-2013, 05:44 PM
But drafting that way while your QB is Alex Smith?

Unac****ingceptable. Completely and utterly hopeless.

I'm starting to think they know he's a stop-gap and they're using him to keep the seat warm while they build an offense around the QB.

By the time we do draft a legit QBOTF he'll have a strong line and targets to throw to and Smith will once again be kicked to the curb...

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-30-2013, 05:48 PM
They have to draft fatties to protect his little princess ass. Get ready to see even more drafted next year. But like you say, even the best line in the NFL can't Febreeze the shit-stink that is Alice's crusty, bunghole of "talent", and his replacement should benefit nicely.
Posted via Mobile Device

RunKC
04-30-2013, 05:50 PM
Matt Barkley did actually

Did he? I can't remember. I just remember that Geno threw twice as many screens within 5 yards of the LOS compared to an average QB prospect. Also threw a bunch of intermediate routes.

saphojunkie
04-30-2013, 05:51 PM
**** YOU, ALEX SMITH FAN. YOU ARE A LIAR AND A DECEIVER.

http://i.imgur.com/owaaxsC.jpg

Actually, you are misusing information.

You just said that Alex Smith throws MORE short passes than anyone. Then you cited his AVERAGE depth of target. Those two are not the same thing.

Alex Smith very well might throw the highest number of short passes. Or he might throw the highest volume of short passes out of his total attempts. But he could throw three 1 yard wing passes and two 15 yard intermediate targets for a total of 33 yards. Divided by 5, and that's 6.6 yards per attempt.

Another QB could throw five 7 yard pass attempts for a total of 35 yards, or 7 yards per attempt.

You would say that Alex Smith throws more short passes than QB #2, but you'd be wrong. Alex Smith threw three short passes, and the other guy threw 5.

It's semantics, but you seem to care so much about being able to quantify why you're correct, I thought I'd let you know that you were citing bad information to support your claim.

Hootie
04-30-2013, 05:57 PM
dude he quotes PFF as gospel

PFF had Alex Smith as their #8 overall QB 2 years ago and he was on pace to get back to his same PFF positive number last year...

so either GoChiefs is a hypocrite or he doesn't have the slightest idea what he's talking about

Hammock Parties
04-30-2013, 06:01 PM
Actually, you are misusing information.

You just said that Alex Smith throws MORE short passes than anyone. Then you cited his AVERAGE depth of target. Those two are not the same thing.

Dumbass.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/03/02/which-smith-are-the-chiefs-getting/

The Harbaugh Years (2011-2012): The Not So Good

While Smith’s stats above took a major uptick starting in 2011, there were still some red flags. While his 70.2 completion percentage last season was impressive, it also showed his unwillingness to take chances and throw the ball downfield. His average depth of target of only 8 yards was the fourth-lowest of all quarterbacks and only 8.7 percent of Smith’s passes traveled 20+ yards downfield in 2012. Among quarterbacks who started at least half their games, only Christian Ponder had a lower percentage.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-30-2013, 06:07 PM
Eight percent? He's a Dinking Queen.

All Red Tribe Smith "highlight" films must be set to ABBA. Sweet Dick has spoken.
Posted via Mobile Device

lcarus
04-30-2013, 06:10 PM
Blackmon banned, just like his internet counterpart.

saphojunkie
04-30-2013, 06:13 PM
ON A SIDE NOTE

Your sig is also misleading. It is implies (falsely) that all it takes to beat Alex Smith is to score 24 points, which is simply not true. Alex Smith's team might have lost 34-27, and guess what? He beat your arbitrary deadline of 24 points.

Secondly, it implies that Alex Smith cannot win a game if he has to score more than 24 points. Again, a wild inaccuracy. Last season, 7 out of his 10 games, Alex Smith led the offense to at least 24 points. Yes, the two games they lost the opposing team scored 24 points, but that hardly is the definitive stat. There were plenty of weeks where his team could have beaten that point total. They didn't that week. It is literally arbitrary.

Lastly, we have to go back three years to find any significant amount of games lost to teams who scored 24 points. To be more clear, in 2012 Alex Smith lost TWO GAMES to teams that scored 24 points. In 2011, he lost to ONE TEAM that scored 24 points.
So yeah, three times in the past two years, Alex Smith lost when his opponent scored 24 points. My god! Whatever shall we do!

How about this?
Over the past two years, Alex Smith has won 10 games where the opponent didn't score 24 points... but his team scored at least 25.

I get it, you hate the Alex Smith trade. I was disappointed, too. But you're cherry picking statistics and it just doesn't equal out to be the horrific situation that you proclaim.

58kcfan89
04-30-2013, 06:15 PM
I'm starting to think they know he's a stop-gap and they're using him to keep the seat warm while they build an offense around the QB.

By the time we do draft a legit QBOTF he'll have a strong line and targets to throw to and Smith will once again be kicked to the curb...

This is kinda what I'm thinking, that we're on the Washington plan. Some of my info may be a bit off, but bear with me...

When Shanarat went to Washington, he supposedly said it was a 5-year rebuild and actually drafted to that plan (at least initially). Tried to shore up the line by drafting Trent Williams #4 overall and acquiring Jamaal Brown. Williams worked out, Brown not so much, but the rest of their 2010 draft wasn't exactly good from what I can tell. Went with a 34-year old Donovan McNabb & Rex Grossman at QB & went 6-10.

2011 Draft wasn't a stellar one for QBs. Newton, Gabbert, Ponder, Locker all went high, and Newton wasn't going to be had. They apparently didn't like any of them (could have had Gabbert at 10 but traded down), so Washington traded down, got more picks & did what they could to upgrade the rest of the team. QBs that year were Rex Grossman & John Beck and the team went 5-11.

2012 Robert Griffin is available. They feel like their roster is one that a young QB can succeed with and make the move necessary to grab him. 10-6, playoffs, a shitload of jersey sales & everything we want in KC.

My point is that I can see this as our version of Washington's 2010 draft. If Fisher pans out (which he damn well better), it'll make life a lot easier down the road.

Next year, if there's a QB we want & aren't in range, maybe we can make a big move because we have some talent across the board. If not, keep acquiring picks and/or talent so the team is as good as possible when your QB arrives. It may take a few years, but I sincerely doubt that Reid and Dorsey honestly view Smith as a QB they can win a Super Bowl with. I think they think he's better than we do, but I don't think they're nuts.

Then again, we could just be Kansas City Chiefs fans and never draft a QB.... Probably more likely. I'm not completely in love with what the Reid/Dorsey regime have done thus far, but if the above is the plan, I suppose I can bear it for a year or two while we wait. It sucks, but the idea of overdrafting a QB, especially high in the first, just to take one seems counterproductive to me, especially given that only 1 went in the first 40 or so picks last week. We're clearly not the only team who thought it was a bad QB class.

saphojunkie
04-30-2013, 06:15 PM
Dumbass.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/03/02/which-smith-are-the-chiefs-getting/

Once again, I'm not saying that Alex Smith didn't throw the greatest number of short passes, but you are still using the wrong information to prove it.

There is a difference between volume, percentage, and average. They are not interchangeable statistics.

RunKC
04-30-2013, 06:40 PM
I don't care. We're talking about OUR quarterback.

Yes you do care.

Here's undeniable proof.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272597

ChiefGator
04-30-2013, 06:42 PM
They have to draft fatties to protect his little princess ass. Get ready to see even more drafted next year. But like you say, even the best line in the NFL can't Febreeze the shit-stink that is Alice's crusty, bunghole of "talent", and his replacement should benefit nicely.
Posted via Mobile Device

So.. we draft tackles to protect our QB?!? What the hell!

I bet no other team in the league does that!

God, this has got to be a final nail in Reid/Dorsey's coffin!

Spott
04-30-2013, 06:48 PM
How does Alex Smith being a shitty QB with no potential in this league have anyting to do with Justin Blackmon being suspended?

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-30-2013, 06:49 PM
So.. we draft tackles to protect our QB?!? What the hell!

I bet no other team in the league does that!

God, this has got to be a final nail in Reid/Dorsey's coffin!

We had a serviceable line that any competent QB could operate behind. Now we need a "Trent" line to protect little princeass so he wont be total FAIL. I'm sorry the realities of the roster hurt your butt, really I am.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
04-30-2013, 06:52 PM
Once again, I'm not saying that Alex Smith didn't throw the greatest number of short passes, but you are still using the wrong information to prove it.

There is a difference between volume, percentage, and average. They are not interchangeable statistics.

It is fact that he throws more short passes than almost anyone.

Get fucked.

Rasputin
04-30-2013, 06:52 PM
**** Blackmon and B14ckmon.

:thumb:

ChiefGator
04-30-2013, 06:53 PM
We had a serviceable line that any competent QB could operate behind. Now we need a "Trent" line to protect little princeass so he wont be total FAIL. I'm sorry the realities of the roster hurt your butt, really I am.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't think you understand what a 'team sport' is. So, any player we get for this team was brought in to cover up a deficiency in the QB?

The Steelers have been covering up their QB apparently for years.

I'm not butt hurt... I'm sorry we didn't draft a mediocre QB for you high in the draft.

ChiefRocka
04-30-2013, 06:55 PM
Alex is an above average QB in this league, much like BA is an above average tackle. Last I checked we haven't signed either to long term holy shizerballs deals.

Hammock Parties
04-30-2013, 06:56 PM
Alex is an above average QB in this league

Not according to:

Yards per game.

Yards per completion.

TD passes.

Third down conversions.

Infidel Goat
04-30-2013, 07:00 PM
So who will Tebow's primary target be for the first four games?

RunKC
04-30-2013, 07:37 PM
I wonder if Bl14ckmon will post again? I'll give him props if he shows up to eat his crow.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-30-2013, 07:42 PM
I don't think you understand what a 'team sport' is. So, any player we get for this team was brought in to cover up a deficiency in the QB?

The Steelers have been covering up their QB apparently for years.

I'm not butt hurt... I'm sorry we didn't draft a mediocre QB for you high in the draft.

Reality escapes you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefshrink
04-30-2013, 08:37 PM
Blackmon’s contract makes him vulnerable
Posted by Mike Florio on April 30, 2013, 5:42 PM EDT
Justin Blackmon AP

After becoming the fifth overall pick of the Jaguars in 2012 but before signing his rookie contract, Justin Blackmon was arrested for DUI.

The timing was not good, because it gave the Jaguars extensive leverage in their contract talks with Blackmon, who had a DUI at Texas Tech, too. The Jags parlayed that leverage into a contract that deferred 40 percent of his signing bonus into future roster bonuses. As of right now, roughly $4 million has not been paid.

Blackmon also agreed to have all future guarantees wiped out in the event of a suspension. Which means that the Jags can now pull the plug on Blackmon’s deal and owe him nothing more, even though top five players otherwise get fully guaranteed contracts for four seasons.

Throw in a new G.M. who may have had no desire to pick Blackmon in the first place, and Blackmon could be gone. If the Jaguars are willing to accept the fact that Blackmon will have received roughly $8.5 million for one year, they can move on by asking Blackmon to move out.

Rehab if he has any brains, but it appears he still is a dumb ass in denial for this to happen again so soon.

"Nah, man I ain't got no drinking problem". Ya'll just pickin on a celebrity athlete. "F" y'all, I don't have time for this shit". Go ahead and cut my ass I got my 8.5 mil:shrug:

TimeForWasp
04-30-2013, 08:51 PM
I can't agree with this.

Most of us thought you were a woman with good football knowledge.

Setsuna
05-01-2013, 12:23 AM
He had to drown his sorrows somehow when the Jags didn't draft Geno and he's stuck with fail Gabbert/Henne for another season. It's a shame really. Dashed his hopes and dreams.

Setsuna
05-01-2013, 12:27 AM
Oh and RunKC, Spike is too awesome of a character for you to taint his image with your stupid posts. Take it down.

saphojunkie
05-01-2013, 01:18 AM
It is fact that he throws more short passes than almost anyone.

Get ****ed.

I'm sure he is, you just seem incapable of proving it.

Rausch
05-01-2013, 04:17 AM
So who will Tebow's primary target be for the first four games?

The trash can...

ChiefMojo
05-01-2013, 05:24 AM
Ponderception yes you are correct Clay is slightly tolerated on this board because of his ability to make GIF's, videos, etc. He acts like a total POS to most everyone because he knows he can get away with it due to this. Basically it is like blackmail. He knows it and those on the board that protect him due to this ability. If it weren't for PFF, I'm not sure he could stand on his own two feet in a football discussion for very long.

With that said he isn't Blackmon14.

Sassy Squatch
05-01-2013, 05:35 AM
If Blackmon was cut, we would be first on the waiver list, correct?

King_Chief_Fan
05-01-2013, 06:26 AM
Most of us thought you were a woman with good football knowledge.

only partly agree