PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Why Geno Smith fell in the draft

Pages : [1] 2 3

tk13
05-01-2013, 08:02 PM
I've seen a couple other posts about this... but this probably deserves it's own thread considering how many hours we've wasted arguing about the guy. This is the first article I've seen theorizing why Geno fell in the draft. Time will tell whether it's accurate.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--geno-smith-s-firing-of-agents--pre-draft-actions-shed-light-on-why-qb-dropped-183846651.html

On April 23, Smith, his agents, some family members and several friends gathered for dinner in New York in advance of the draft, a gathering confirmed by a family member. At one point, everyone around the table stood to give a toast to celebrate the evening.

Smith went last, thanking everyone and declaring that entire group – his agents included – were a "family" that would stay together his entire career, if not the rest of his life, the sources said. Smith, who at one point was expecting to be the No. 1 overall pick and at least a top 10 selection, has big plans for his career. Smith, according to the sources, hopes to emulate players such as Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers, putting himself cut above the rest of the quarterback fray.

The problem is that NFL types see a guy who, right now, doesn't understand how to get there.

"His biggest problem is that he doesn't know what he doesn't know," said a league executive, who spent extensive time assessing Smith before the draft.

"I'm not sure he knows how to take instruction because he pretty much wouldn't listen or talk to our coaches … he's talented. He can sling it, he can fit it into tight spots, he can do a lot of things and I think he wants to be good. But you can't tell him anything right now. He's tuned out because he thinks he's got it all down."

---

One possible factor in Smith dropping to the second round is a concern about leadership.

"He doesn't have much presence, not much of a leader," said another league executive, who spent a great deal of time studying Smith before the draft. "I don't think he's a bad person, but that's not enough to be a quarterback in this league."

Two sources indicated that when Smith went on some visits to teams, rather than interact with coaches and front-office people, he would spend much of his time on his cell phone. Instead of being engaged with team officials, he would be texting friends or reading Twitter or a number of other distracting activities.

"All these other players who were in there were talking to the coaches, trying to get to know people and he was over there by himself," one of the sources said. "That's not what you want out of your quarterback."

Both sources indicated that Florida State's E.J. Manuel, who was selected ahead of Smith at No. 16 overall by Buffalo, was far more impressive in terms of his personality and maturity.

"Manuel gets it, he gets the whole big picture of what it takes to lead a team," one of the league executives said.

---

By Sunday, Smith was being convinced by other friends that it was the fault of his agents that he slipped so much in the draft, according to one of the sources.

"Right now, he's blaming everybody but himself and he has some buddies around him who are telling him that same thing," the source said.

Mr_Tomahawk
05-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Geno didn't 'fall' in the draft. He got drafted where he should have...

Dayze
05-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Sounds like the bills are justifying passing on him so their fan base won't get pissy

Deberg_1990
05-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Unreal. This guy strutted around like he had "arrived" already.

In58men
05-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Must have been his ex-agent putting this out lol.

Sources sources sources lol.

Dan Patrick had a good segment on "Sources". This could be easily an enemy of him trying to make him look bad. Don't believe everything you hear, especially from sources lol.

O.city
05-01-2013, 08:05 PM
It does seem a bit ironic in that this comes out the day after he fires his agents. Oh well, he's not a Chief, he's in NY.

Don't really give a damn.

Lex Luthor
05-01-2013, 08:07 PM
That's a pretty damning article. He was texting friends and reading Twitter when he was supposed to be talking to coaches? WTF?

I'm starting to think Andy Reid and John Dorsey just might be smarter than SNR and Sweet Dick Willie.

I wanted the Chiefs to draft Geno. I'm willing to admit I was wrong.

Marcellus
Sounds like the bills are justifying passing on him so their fan base won't get pissy

Yea that's exactly how it reads......LMAO

houstonwhodat
He fell because he's Geno Smith.

FlaChief58
05-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Turns out he's a spoiled little bitch. Hindsight being 50/50, I'm glad we did'nt get him

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 08:10 PM
"chiefs pass on marino because he wears t-shirt"

whew

risk avoided...whew!

In58men
05-01-2013, 08:11 PM
You guys are really feeding into this lol.

ILChief
05-01-2013, 08:11 PM
That's a pretty damning article. He was texting friends and reading Twitter when he was supposed to be talking to coaches? WTF?

I'm starting to think Andy Reid and John Dorsey just might be smarter than SNR and Sweet Dick Willie.

same here. he's gonna bust

Marcellus
05-01-2013, 08:12 PM

whew

risk avoided...whew!

That comparison shows how much of a fucking retard you really are.

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 08:13 PM
That comparison shows how much of a ****ing retard you really are.

hey, mr. wrong about everything, we passed on a QB again...as you wanted, you should be happy

your multi-decade plan of avoiding risk has been a rousing success...

BossChief
05-01-2013, 08:14 PM

Haha

I know, right.

The guy doesn't even have an Arrowhead on his helmet, so he sucks.

Truth is, time and productivity will dictate if it was a mistake or not to pass on him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-01-2013, 08:15 PM
"His biggest problem is that he doesn't know what he doesn't know,"

Holy Fuck, Rumsfeld is in the NFL!

Marcellus
05-01-2013, 08:15 PM
hey, mr. wrong about everything, we passed on a QB again...as you wanted, you should be happy

your multi-decade plan of avoiding risk has been a rousing success...

Once again you post to prove your ignorance. If you KNEW what I wanted you wouldn't post this drivel.

You are a fucking moran dude. Go back to your other moran user name.

sd4chiefs
05-01-2013, 08:17 PM
Geno needs to give Ryan Leaf a call about how to get along with the players and the Media.

O.city
05-01-2013, 08:18 PM
Success or failure won't really tell if it were the right or wrong decision to pass on the guy. Situations are different in different places.

We didn't take him, move along.

the Talking Can
Once again you post to prove your ignorance. If you KNEW what I wanted you wouldn't post this drivel.

You are a ****ing moran dude. Go back to your other moran user name.

why are you angry?

you get what you want every year...

we've never done what I advocate, ever...all of the Chiefs success over the decades is due to avoiding risk, as you and every other true fan retard want

Marcellus
Haha

I know, right.

The guy doesn't even have an Arrowhead on his helmet, so he sucks.

So whats our excuse going to be when he literally blows chunks? What stoy are you going to try to wrap around his failures? Coaching? talent around him?

You have a full on hard on for a QB that has every single sign of being a massive bust, as a second round pick.

But keep acting like his issue is CP because you know they broke this story right?

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 08:19 PM
we draft wife beaters, drug users, alcoholics, degenerates of every stripe

but a guy who texts on his phone...TOO RISKY

Dave Lane
05-01-2013, 08:20 PM

IF and big IF the article is correct then I understand the reluctance to draft him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-01-2013, 08:22 PM

The inability of NFL teams to see where they exist in space is absolutely astounding. Of course, its structure mirrors most, where glad-handing sociopaths earn far more accolades than diligent-working wallflowers.

BossChief
05-01-2013, 08:23 PM
I love how he now has "every single sign of being a huge bust"

That's the dumbest comment I've read today.

Not surprised who posted it.

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 08:25 PM
The inability of NFL teams to see where they exist in space is absolutely astounding. Of course, its structure mirrors most, where glad-handing sociopaths earn far more accolades than diligent-working wallflowers.

Tyson Jackson was well mannered, I heard...no-brainer...plus no risk

Hammock Parties
05-01-2013, 08:25 PM

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Holy fuck, the irony.

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 08:26 PM

Matt Cassel kisses babies

no-brainer....and no risk

O.city
05-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Well, Belcher was an UDFA, so we're ok there.

Hammock Parties
05-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Geno has every single sign of being a massive bust? What?

I mean if we're talking just two things:

1. Character.
2. Passing ability.

Cam Newton was a far bigger risk.

Wake up morons.

the Talking Can
we would never draft raperburger...too creepy

whew, risk avoided!

Dan Marino cursed once...whew! risk avoided!

Marcellus
why are you angry?

you get what you want every year...

we've never done what I advocate, ever...all of the Chiefs success over the decades is due to avoiding risk, as you and every other true fan retard want

In a nutshell I am angry because I am tired of morans like you posting shit like this.

I have no clue where you get the idea I am risk averse, I guess its because you are stupid.

You cant separate this regime from the last, you cant separate this draft's lack of talent from 1983 let alone 2012.

You believe doing shit just to do it makes it right. And you call me retard?

You are just plain fucking dumb. You think running an actual football team is like talking about it on CP or playing Madden.

Then when someone disagrees you think they are dumb. Its really fucking ridiculous Mr Talking Can't.

Since you asked, that's why I am angry. The multitude of people here like you make me angry.

BossChief
I heard Geno flexed one time, while listening to JayZ.

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 08:28 PM

1. Character.
2. Passing ability.

Wake up morons.

Cam Newton stole computers and is an egotistical asshole

too risky...whew! risk avoided

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 08:29 PM
In a nutshell I am angry because I am tired of morans like you posting shit like this.

I have no clue where you get the idea I am risk averse, I guess its because you are stupid.

You cant separate this regime from the last, you cant separate this draft's lack of talent from 1983 let alone 2012.

You are just plain ****ing dumb. You think running an actual football team is like talking about it on CP or playing Madden.

Then when someone disagrees you think they are dumb. Its really ****ing ridiculous Mr Talking Can't.

Since you asked, that's why I am angry. The multitude of people here like you make me angry.

in other words, me being right makes dumb guys like you angry

hey, at least we never draft risky QBs...you win

and look at the results

BossChief
05-01-2013, 08:30 PM

You are just plain fucking dumb. You think running an actual football team is like talking about it on CP or playing Madden.

Then when someone disagrees you think they are dumb. Its really fucking ridiculous Mr Talking Can't.

www.chiefscoalition.com

You will be right at home.

Lex Luthor
05-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Cam Newton stole computers and is an egotistical asshole

too risky...whew! risk avoided

Nobody drafted Geno Smith in the first round.

Nobody.

That should tell you that Reid and Dorsey were not alone in thinking Geno wasn't good enough to use the #1 overall pick for.

Hell, Geno might turn out to be the next Aaron Rodgers. But it's hard to fault Reid and Dorsey for drawing the same conclusion about Geno Smith that every other team did.

Marcellus
05-01-2013, 08:31 PM
in other words, me being right makes dumb guys like you angry

hey, at least we never draft risky QBs...you win

and look at the results

So who has drafted a risky QB recently and won a SB?

Marcellus
05-01-2013, 08:31 PM
www.chiefscoalition.com (http://www.chiefscoalition.com)

You will be right at home.

Fuck off dick head. Is that at home enough for you? My issue is you are a bunch of whining ass pussies.

keg in kc
05-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Ooh look, it's an internet tough guy!

Namor40
So whats our excuse going to be when he literally blows chunks? What stoy are you going to try to wrap around his failures? Coaching? talent around him?

You have a full on hard on for a QB that has every single sign of being a massive bust, as a second round pick.

But keep acting like his issue is CP because you know they broke this story right?

This. Not sure why people keep making excuses for this guy like he's their first born. From the beginning people have said this guy is essentially Alex Smith with a stronger arm but lesser accuracy. I've never seen what the fuss about and if anything, he was drafted earlier than he rightfully should have been. You take a guy who's not all that great and then throw in the attitude that "he's made it" and you've got yourself a mega bust that will be out of the league in under 4 years.

BossChief

It takes a truly stupid person to even ask that question.

Seriously.

Marcellus

Nobody.

That should tell you that Reid and Dorsey were not alone in thinking Geno wasn't good enough to use the #1 overall pick for.

Hell, Geno might turn out to be the next Aaron Rodgers. But it's hard to fault Reid and Dorsey for drawing the same conclusion about Geno Smith that every other team did.

Well you know Cam Newton has won so many playoff games that............

My point is you need to find the riskiest players and draft them, that's what wins championships.

the Talking Can

Nobody.

yeah, man..39th pick

might as well be udfa...all 32 teams passe over him....once

but risk avoided, so we're golden...taking a RT is completely not risky

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 08:34 PM

the ravens

any other dumb questions?

the Talking Can

the packers

Marcellus
It takes a truly stupid person to even ask that question.

Seriously.

That's one hell of an answer.

Seriously answer the question, who the last "Risky" QB to win a SB.

I will be waiting while you hit Google and come up empty.

But yea I am dumb.

Marcellus
05-01-2013, 08:35 PM
the packers

LMAO taking Rodgers at 28 who was talked about as being #1 overall was risky? Keep proving your ignorance.

notorious
05-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Are we really comparing Cam Newton to Geno Smith?

JFC, they aren't even close in ability.

Marcellus
05-01-2013, 08:36 PM
the ravens

Flacco in the middle of the 1st wasn't a risk.

keg in kc
05-01-2013, 08:37 PM
So basically you're going to set the bar for what's risky and then move it when the names you're provided don't fit your agenda. Got it.

BossChief
05-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Fuck off dick head. Is that at home enough for you? My issue is you are a bunch of whining ass pussies.

No, your issue is that "we" pound the table for a quRterback EVERY YEAR until we actually get one. Your kind, on the other hand, wouldn't draft a quarterback early because they text and use twitter.

Do you even watch the NFL besides Chiefs games?

You must not because you love shitty quarterbacks, like Alex Myth.

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 08:38 PM
LMAO taking Rodgers at 28 who was talked about as being #1 overall was risky? Keep proving your ignorance.

um, yeah, he had the most notorious fall in the first round until Geno

it's the very definition....the very thing used to prove Geno was a 'risk'

and we passed on him...

jAZ
05-01-2013, 08:39 PM

It's not that anyone is smarter. It's that there's no possible way for any armchair GM to ever have all of the information that a professional does.

And my biggest complaint is that everyone here was taking their own opinion far, far, FAR too seriously.

notorious
05-01-2013, 08:39 PM
The great thing about this argument is that the answers will all present themselves in due time.

Lex Luthor
05-01-2013, 08:40 PM
the ravens

the packers

JFC, are you really this stupid? Those weren't risky picks. Those were SAFE picks.

The closest comparison I can think of is St. Louis insisting upon using the #1 overall pick on Sam Bradford. The jury is still out on that, but the Rams haven't won dick yet with Bradford.

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 08:40 PM

ROFL

i owned your ass, you're such a pussy

drafting a QB from Delaware with the #18 pick isn't risky?

A guy who beat no one in college?

you know how many Chiefs fans would have supported that?

none

you pathetic liar

BossChief
05-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Drew Brees? Too short
Ben Rothlisberger? Small school
Joe Flacco? Small school
Aaron Rodgers? Tedford

Whew, good thing those guys don't text.

Then they would be a guaranteed bust.

Marcellus
ROFL

none

you pathetic liar

Yuo live in your own little world dude. You owned nothing but your mother.

O.city
IIRC, at the time, Flacco was considered a reach.

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 08:42 PM
JFC, are you really this stupid? Those weren't risky picks. Those were SAFE picks.

The closest comparison I can think of is St. Louis insisting upon using the #1 overall pick on Sam Bradford. The jury is still out on that, but the Rams haven't won dick yet with Bradford.

no, they weren't

and no one on this board wanted them or would have

they are both the fucking definition of what Chiefs fan define as risky

they sure as hell weren't "Luck or RGIII"...which is the stated reason we couldn't draft a QB this year

tk13
05-01-2013, 08:42 PM
The great thing about this argument is that the answers will all present themselves in due time.

Absolutely. Although I think this is an interesting discussion. This wasn't just a Rodgers or Brady Quinn situation. This was a guy considered by many a top 10 talent at the prime position that almost fell to mid-2nd round. I can't think of too many times that's happened.

notorious
05-01-2013, 08:43 PM
I am not a Geno Smith fan, but Flacco being drafted at 18 was a reach at the time.

the Talking Can
Yuo live in your own little world dude. You owned nothing but your mother.

hey, i win every time you try to prove some stupid point

this board has been littered with people telling us we can't draft QBs that aren't 'guarantees' like Luck and RGIII

and neither Flacco or Rodgers were...and NO ONE was advocating for them

you're wrong

again

BourbonMan

THIS X 100000

BossChief

Hahaha

The guy transferred to Delaware because he couldn't win the starters job over another guy at Pittsburgh.

I'll give you some time to look up who that quarterback was.

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Absolutely. Although I think this is an interesting discussion. This wasn't just a Rodgers or Brady Quinn situation. This was a guy considered by many a top 10 talent at the prime position that almost fell to mid-2nd round. I can't think of too many times that's happened.

#39 is mid second?

by the definitions used on this board regularly, Flacco and Rodgers were risks

notorious
05-01-2013, 08:45 PM

Emotion can blur judgement.

I think that the combination of this being the shittiest year for top 5 drafts picks ever along with us not drafting a 1st roud QB in years pushed people a little further into the emotional realm.

Marcellus
05-01-2013, 08:46 PM
No, your issue is that "we" pound the table for a quRterback EVERY YEAR until we actually get one. Your kind, on the other hand, wouldn't draft a quarterback early because they text and use twitter.

Do you even watch the NFL besides Chiefs games?

You must not because you love shitty quarterbacks, like Alex Myth.

I would LOVE to draft a franchise QB but unlike you I realize you cant do that when they dont exist in the current draft.

I also understand Reid and Dorsey have absolutely nothing to do with the previous 30 years in KC. Nothing, nada, zip, zilch.

Those simple facts separates the people with brains from the people who just want something so bad they think they can imagine it into fruition.

Its kind of like having apposable thumbs.... or not.

notorious
05-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Hahaha

The guy transferred to Delaware because he couldn't win the starters job over another guy at Pittsburgh.

This is going to be an awesome bar trivia question some day. LMAO

Hammock Parties
05-01-2013, 08:47 PM
QB-hating homers:

"You can't judge a draft class until 3 years have passed.

Also, GENO SMITH SUCKS HAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA."

Marcellus
05-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Hahaha

I know who the Qb was, it has nothing to do with the fact Flacco was taken about 15 spots early, thats not a "Risky" move.

A "Risky" move is JaMarcus Russel, Ryan Leaf, Cam Newton (Who hasn't actually won anything yet) etc.....

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 08:50 PM
QB-hating homers:

"You can't judge a draft class until 3 years have passed.

Also, GENO SMITH SUCKS HAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA."

Tyler Bray - udfa, world's biggest douchebag...."HE'S OUR QBOTF...REJOICE! REID WILL TEACH HIM MATURITY!"

Geno Smith....."HE FELL ALL THE WAY TO #39, PLUS HE TEXTS...TOO RISKY!"

Lex Luthor
05-01-2013, 08:51 PM
Hahaha

So transferring to a different college automatically makes you a risky pick?

Tell that to Troy Aikman and Jeff George. They were both taken with the #1 overall pick despite transferring.

Hahaha

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Tyler Bray has 2 mega threads praising....lmao

the single biggest fuck head in the draft

tk13
#39 is mid second?

by the definitions used on this board regularly, Flacco and Rodgers were risks

I said almost.

Flacco was definitely a risk. But still, those guys were taken in the 1st round because most sane GM's value the QB position highly. Geno fell completely down the board. People are looking at this through the Chiefs' usual prism of fear, but even aside from that, the whole thing is very strange.

Marcellus
Tyler Bray - udfa, world's biggest douchebag...."HE'S OUR QBOTF...REJOICE! REID WILL TEACH HIM MATURITY!"

You probably are too dumb to realize that he didn't just drop over the texting right?

Joe Flacco, Dan Marino, and Aaron Rodgers didn't go 39 BTW.

BossChief
05-01-2013, 08:54 PM
I would LOVE to draft a franchise QB but unlike you I realize you cant do that when they dont exist in the current draft.

I also understand Reid and Dorsey have absolutely nothing to do with the previous 30 years in KC. Nothing, nada, zip, zilch.

That simple fact separates the people with brains from the people who just want something so bad they think they can imagine it into fruition.

Haha

In the last 6 drafts, we have drafted in the top 5 in 4 of them.

Right now, I'd trade ALL FOUR OF THOSE PLAYERS for anyof the top ten quarterbacks.

Sadly, one of those guys has already moved on to another team and another of those guys is seemingly on his last legs in KC...on a 1 year deal.

Let me give you a little treasure hunt...

Go and look at the last 10 quarterbacks to win a superbowl and come back and tell me how many of them we passed on in the draft.

I'll be right here, waiting for you intricate excuses for why it was totally fine to pass on al of them.

Sure-Oz
05-01-2013, 08:55 PM
This guy fired his agent cause his dumbass thought he was going #1 overall despite unlimited rumors of kc taking an OT

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 08:55 PM
I said almost.

Flacco was definitely a risk. But still, those guys were taken in the 1st round because most sane GM's value the QB position highly. Geno fell completely down the board. People are looking at this through the Chiefs' usual prism of fear, but even aside from that, the whole thing is very strange.

two historically smart franchises drafted them, and they were both clearly risky moves...most of the other franchises didn't and wouldn't have drafted them anywhere near where they were taken

it's a lesson we learn and forget...learn and forget

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 08:56 PM
You probably are too dumb to realize that he didn't just drop over the texting right?

Joe Flacco, Dan Marino, and Aaron Rodgers didn't go 39 BTW.

we're done with you...you can go home

the question you asked was answered, definitively

you're wrong

again

In58men
05-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Sources say: Geno never had a phone, his agent was taking all the calls.

wazu
05-01-2013, 08:59 PM
I think this is all bullshit.

O.city
05-01-2013, 09:01 PM
When will the Geno stuff die?

In58men
05-01-2013, 09:03 PM
I think this is all bullshit.

See the first page.

the Talking Can
night all

i always sleep well after clowning marcellus

Marcellus
Haha

Right now, I'd trade ALL FOUR OF THOSE PLAYERS for anyof the top ten quarterbacks.

Sadly, one of those guys has already moved on to another team and another of those guys is seemingly on his last legs in KC...on a 1 year deal.

Go and look at the last 10 quarterbacks to win a superbowl and come back and tell me how many of them we passed on in the draft.

I'll be right here, waiting for you intricate excuses for why it was totally fine to pass on al of them.

You keep proving my point dude. Read your post above about all these past drafts. Now read what I posted you responded to. (Pay close attention to the bolded parts, its like getting the answer to a test)

If you dont get it, its not my fault. I also have to wonder how you tie your shoes.

Those simple facts separates the people with brains from the people who just want something so bad they think they can imagine it into fruition.

Cannibal
05-01-2013, 09:04 PM
You broads STILL think we should've taken Geno 1.1 with all of QB needy teams that passed on his ass after we did?

****ing Retarded...

O.city
05-01-2013, 09:05 PM
It's somewhat funny that we've decided there are no franchise QB's in this draft, 2 weeks after teh draft.

Marcellus
05-01-2013, 09:05 PM
night all

i always sleep well after clowning marcellus

So you have never slept well? That must suck ass.

Marcellus
05-01-2013, 09:06 PM
It's somewhat funny that we've decided there are no franchise QB's in this draft, 2 weeks after teh draft.

No its common sense. Look at 2009. You see one from that draft?

Hammock Parties
05-01-2013, 09:06 PM

All other positions need 3 years.

But there are NO QBS AT ALL AND WE KNOW THAT NOW.

Hammock Parties
05-01-2013, 09:07 PM

Josh Freeman is going to be a good player in this league for awhile now. He's on an upswing. Unless you hate QBs who throw for 27 TDs and 4000 yards.

Marcellus
05-01-2013, 09:07 PM

Past history tells us that right Clay? How many 2nd round QB's become franchise? You know the stat right?

Mav
05-01-2013, 09:08 PM

the only reason chiefs fans think there were a franchise qb in this draft, is because the chiefs had the first pick. There werent, and arent any in this draft. Sad to say, but when you have four in one draft, you pay the piper the next year.

O.city

Common sense? No, it's surely not. At all. It's pretty stupid actually.

We have no idea what this class will become. You yourself are arguing that the past has no indicator on this draft etc because things are different in each situation.

In58men

My sources think otherwise

Mav
05-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Josh Freeman is going to be a good player in this league for awhile now. He's on an upswing. Unless you hate QBs who throw for 27 TDs and 4000 yards.

He was absolutely awful the second half of the season last year. Thats why he is in his final year of his contract, and they just drafted a developemental qb. He has no excuses, they spent all the money last year on the oline, on the receivers, on the tight ends. And yet, he sucked, HORRIBLY down the stretch.

Buehler445
05-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Success or failure won't really tell if it were the right or wrong decision to pass on the guy. Situations are different in different places.

We didn't take him, move along.

This is a good point. Geno's probability for failure increased exponentially when foot fetish drafted him.

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 09:12 PM
He was absolutely awful the second half of the season last year. Thats why he is in his final year of his contract, and they just drafted a developemental qb. He has no excuses, they spent all the money last year on the oline, on the receivers, on the tight ends. And yet, he sucked, HORRIBLY down the stretch.

post the first 5 years of alex smith's stats please

because he is an embarrassment of a QB

Mav
05-01-2013, 09:14 PM
This is a good point. Geno's probability for failure increased exponentially when foot fetish drafted him.

I agree. I believe that had he gone to a buffalo, or even here to kansas city, that his bust rate is almost nil. And im not Trolling. Im being dead serious. The jets are an awful roster right now.....They have awful coaching, and even worse leadership.

Mav
05-01-2013, 09:16 PM
post the first 5 years of alex smith's stats please

because he is an embarrassment of a QB

Shrugs. I wont try to argue with you on it. You are completely right. Every single issue with the 49ers including 2004, when the 49ers went 2-14, was because of alex smith. You are spot on. IN this league, you never have to have talent around you, an ownership committed to winning, a competent coaching staff. You just need a competent qb. You also never have to worry about drafting a guy because you dont think you can sign the other guy.

If you cant figure everything out that I just said in that last paragraph, then you really need to do some research.

RunKC
05-01-2013, 09:16 PM
It's so funny that the posters who make fun of the people supposably "rationalizing" Alex Smith are the posters rationalizing Geno Smith.

This was a weak QB draft. Every team passed on the messiah and there is damning evidence against this guy.

He's not near the person or prospect the other QB's were and there seems to be more evidence proving this every day.

Alex Smith was the best QB we could have acquired this offseason and that's a fact.

BossChief
05-01-2013, 09:18 PM
I know who the Qb was, it has nothing to do with the fact Flacco was taken about 15 spots early, thats not a "Risky" move.

A "Risky" move is JaMarcus Russel, Ryan Leaf, Cam Newton (Who hasn't actually won anything yet) etc.....
You = stupid

I don't think I've ever read something you posted and was like "damn, that's a well put together thought"

Ever
This guy fired his agent cause his dumbass thought he was going #1 overall despite unlimited rumors of kc taking an OT
You don't know that. His agent told him not to participate in the senior bowl...Geno has mentioned this multiple times in the media. It's probable that he has gotten feedback that teams didn't like that.

Shit, Clark Hunts comment at the time was "tell Geno we missed him at the senior bowl"

It's hard to tell why he fired his agent.

It's definitely possible that some of us at CP have been overvaluing him as a prospect due to factors that aren't available to us all such as interviews and
workouts....but even with that risk, his upside is more than that of a really good right tackle...but I digress.
When will the Geno stuff die?it has little to do with Geno Smith.

You keep proving my point dude. Read your post above about all these past drafts. Now read what I posted you responded to. (Pay close attention to the bolded parts, its like getting the answer to a test)

If you dont get it, its not my fault. I also have to wonder how you tie your shoes.
oh...believe me. I understand your point.

It's just that I think it's asinine.

jd1020
05-01-2013, 09:18 PM
Alex Smith was the best QB we could have acquired this offseason and that's a fact.

I like how that's a "fact."

You telling me that not one of the QBs drafted will be as below adequate as Alex Smith?

Hammock Parties
05-01-2013, 09:19 PM
he sucked, HORRIBLY down the stretch.

And still embarrassed Alex Smith's TD and yardage numbers!

RunKC
05-01-2013, 09:19 PM

You telling me that not one of the QBs drafted will be as below adequate as Alex Smith?

Probably not. Especially next year.

Mav
05-01-2013, 09:20 PM

not this year.....And that to the chiefs is all that matters........

the Talking Can
Shrugs. I wont try to argue with you on it. You are completely right. Every single issue with the 49ers including 2004, when the 49ers went 2-14, was because of alex smith. You are spot on. IN this league, you never have to have talent around you, an ownership committed to winning, a competent coaching staff. You just need a competent qb. You also never have to worry about drafting a guy because you dont think you can sign the other guy.

If you cant figure everything out that I just said in that last paragraph, then you really need to do some research.

so you're not going to post them?

because if you name yourself after the 3,456th best QB in nfl history, you probably have no business trashing a QB that put up better stats, and played more games, over the same stage of his career than the 3,456th best QB you love

and making excuses for an injury prone first round bust, whose most recent accomplishment was being benched, is marcellus level IQ

jd1020
Probably not. Especially next year.

Who cares about 1 year?

Chiefs gonna win the SB this year or something?

Mav
05-01-2013, 09:21 PM
And still embarrassed Alex Smith's TD and yardage numbers!

lol, He sure did. On a losing team, that was always trailing rarely leading, and didnt have near the defense, nor running game that the 49ers have.

GREAT COMPARISON CLAY, JUST OUTSTANDING.

cosmo20002
I've seen a couple other posts about this... but this probably deserves it's own thread considering how many hours we've wasted arguing about the guy. This is the first article I've seen theorizing why Geno fell in the draft. Time will tell whether it's accurate.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--geno-smith-s-firing-of-agents--pre-draft-actions-shed-light-on-why-qb-dropped-183846651.html

If 31 teams passed on him (some more than once) largely because he wasn't chatty enough during visits, that's pretty stupid. Article sounds like someone is blowing something out of proportion.

Hammock Parties
lol, He sure did. On a losing team, that was always trailing rarely leading, and didnt have near the defense, nor running game that the 49ers have.

GREAT COMPARISON CLAY, JUST OUTSTANDING.

You know what Josh Freeman becomes on the 49ers?

He comes Colin Kaepernick.

Get fucked, homer.

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 09:22 PM
the 49ers, by the way, drafted a first round bust in Alex Smith, and it didn't destroy their franchise forever....they just drafted another QB and went to the super bowl

in case you need yet more proof that Chiefs are always doing it wrong

Mav
05-01-2013, 09:24 PM
so you're not going to post them?

because if you name yourself after the 3,456th best QB in nfl history, you probably have no business trashing a QB that put up better stats, and played more games, over the same stage of his career than the 3,456th best QB you love

and making excuses for an injury prone first round bust, whose most recent accomplishment was being benched, is marcellus level IQ

I dont have to post anything. Obviously, between the fact that Alex Smith isnt that talented, mixed with the LEADERSHIP, the owner, the coaching staff, the talent around Alex Smith, he wasnt going to succeed regardless. Its like the argument that 49er fans have amongst themselves, about what if it had been Aaron Rodgers instead of Alex Smith. There is no point discussing it.

Alex Smith, is not a great qb today. But, he is 1000x the qb today, than he was his first 5 years in the league. Care to debate that fact? Who cares what my name is. I respect the guy, for his character as much, if not more so than anything he has done on the field. So, give it up already. Just because my name is alex smith fan, doesnt mean i think the guy is a top 15 qb, hes not, nor do i think that he is perfect. Hes not. Soooooo, with closing on that. Last season, Josh Freeman had more talent around him, than Alex Smith ever had on offense in his entire career. Also played in a crap division with no top defenses. The NFC WEST, HAD 4 TOP 12 DEFENSES. The Nfc SOUTH. ZERO......

Mav
05-01-2013, 09:27 PM
You know what Josh Freeman becomes on the 49ers?

He comes Colin Kaepernick.

Get ****ed, homer.

How am I a homer? And how does that work exactly? Considering that the receiving corps that the Buccs had last season, was BETTER than the 49ers. And yet, and still they were ass. Freeman was ass down the stretch. HIM.. Yes, he was ass. You mad bro?

Im not the stupid one comparing stats between a team that runs the ball 54 percent of the time, EVEN WITH COLIN KAEPERNICK, and one that runs it about 44 percent. Its called relativity Clay. You may impress a lot of these guys on here because you are willing to do research that supports your point of view, and thats all fine and dandy. I just spit on those stats, put them in perspective, and you get pissed.

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 09:27 PM
I dont have to post anything. Obviously, between the fact that Alex Smith isnt that talented, mixed with the LEADERSHIP, the owner, the coaching staff, the talent around Alex Smith, he wasnt going to succeed regardless. Its like the argument that 49er fans have amongst themselves, about what if it had been Aaron Rodgers instead of Alex Smith. There is no point discussing it.

Alex Smith, is not a great qb today. But, he is 1000x the qb today, than he was his first 5 years in the league. Care to debate that fact? Who cares what my name is. I respect the guy, for his character as much, if not more so than anything he has done on the field. So, give it up already. Just because my name is alex smith fan, doesnt mean i think the guy is a top 15 qb, hes not, nor do i think that he is perfect. Hes not. Soooooo, with closing on that. Last season, Josh Freeman had more talent around him, than Alex Smith ever had on offense in his entire career. Also played in a crap division with no top defenses. The NFC WEST, HAD 4 TOP 12 DEFENSES. The Nfc SOUTH. ZERO......

that a lot of words to not dispute what I wrote

Alex Smith is a nobody...so you can pretty much just stop running down better QBs....it's dishonest, and stupid

imagine 'Elvis Grbac Fan' making an ass out of himself on a Raven's board back in the day....LMAO

Mav
05-01-2013, 09:28 PM
the 49ers, by the way, drafted a first round bust in Alex Smith, and it didn't destroy their franchise forever....they just drafted another QB and went to the super bowl

in case you need yet more proof that Chiefs are always doing it wrong

Colin Kaepernick. Drafted in 2011. Alex Smith drafted in 2005. It took them 8 years to correct the mistakes by JOHN YORK, the cheap dirtbag.

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Colin Kaepernick. Drafted in 2011. Alex Smith drafted in 2005. It took them 8 years to correct the mistakes by JOHN YORK, the cheap dirtbag.

8 whole years?

do you know anything about the Chiefs?

do you know....anything?

Mav
05-01-2013, 09:29 PM
that a lot of words to not dispute what I wrote

Alex Smith is a nobody...so you can pretty much just stop running down better QBs....it's dishonest, and stupid

imagine 'Elvis Grbac Fan' making an ass out of himself on a Raven's board back in the day....LMAO

What would you like me to dispute? That Alex Smith was not a shitty qb with terrible coaching, bad ownership and terrible talent around him?

How am i supposed to dispute that?

BossChief
05-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Glenn Dorsey or Joe Flacco?
Tyson Jackson or Josh Freeman?
Jon Baldwin or Colin Kaepernick?
Dontari Poe or Ryan Tannehill/Russel Wilson? (6 pick was for sale at a discount)
Eric Fisher or Geno Smith?

Tell me which are your picks.

It's almost always the best decision to take the qb....the term "reach" is silly to use when talking quarterbacks.

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Glenn Dorsey or Joe Flacco?
Tyson Jackson or Josh Freeman?
Jon Baldwin or Colin Kaepernick?
Dontari Poe or Ryan Tannehill/Russel Wilson? (6 pick was for sale at a discount)
Eric Fisher or Geno Smith?

Tell me which are your picks.

It's almost always the best decision to take the qb....the term "reach" is silly to use when talking quarterbacks.

there is no risk in drafting QBs...the risk is in not drafting QBs

and "Chiefs" is the one word proof

and our fanbase is the dumbest

Mav
05-01-2013, 09:31 PM
8 whole years?

do you know anything about the Chiefs?

do you know....anything?

you know whats hilarious. Is when douchbags like you cant read. Read my fucking sig retard. I listen to you fucking chiefs fans cry all the time. I sat on my grandpas lap as John Elway crushed his browns hearts.

The browns have NEVER PLAYED IN A SUPER BOWL. we had our team stolen from us, we are the second worst team since 1999 in winning percentage, and the only team worse, went 0-16. I couldnt give a shit less about the CHIEFS problems. Booo fucking hoooooo

BigBeauford
05-01-2013, 09:32 PM

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/wsg/image/1339/14/1339145408454.gif

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 09:34 PM
you know whats hilarious. Is when douchbags like you cant read. Read my ****ing sig retard. I listen to you ****ing chiefs fans cry all the time. I sat on my grandpas lap as John Elway crushed his browns hearts.

The browns have NEVER PLAYED IN A SUPER BOWL. we had our team stolen from us, we are the second worst team since 1999 in winning percentage, and the only team worse, went 0-16. I couldnt give a shit less about the CHIEFS problems. Booo ****ing hoooooo

then why the **** are you here trying to tell us...um, what, exactly?

how does one grow up to love shitty QBs?

does loving shitty QBs go way back in your family?

Mav
05-01-2013, 09:34 PM
http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/wsg/image/1339/14/1339145408454.gif

I did some pre mob action out of El Paso. Nice city......

Mav
05-01-2013, 09:35 PM
then why the **** are you here trying to tell us...um, what, exactly?

how does one grow up to love shitty QBs?

does loving shitty QBs go way back in your family?

I didnt try to tell you anything. Nothing actually. All i said was that Josh Freeman had a really shitty second half. Not sure where you got off on this Alex Smith tangent to be honest. Like i was defending the guy, or stating he was a franchise savior.

Fairplay
05-01-2013, 09:40 PM
GoChiefs read this please

Just Passin' By
05-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Haha

Were you pounding the table for Flacco during his draft (2008)?

RippedmyFlesh
05-01-2013, 09:41 PM

I'm starting to think Andy Reid and John Dorsey just might be smarter than many people here .

this and fyp

jspchief
05-01-2013, 09:43 PM
This is why my perfect scenario was Geno sitting a year behind Hasselbeck. Give a chance to see how a pro's pro does it.

How do you balance the physical skills vs the personality? Will hr be Leaf? George? Cutler?

We already know what you get with a boyscout that can't play. Matt Cassel.

I don't think I'll actively root for or against Geno, but it probably will be interesting to watch it unfold.

In58men
05-01-2013, 09:44 PM

Because "sources" give out 100% factual information.

Namor40
05-01-2013, 09:48 PM

Yeah and Tampa is so psyched about him that they went and drafted Mike Glennon early because they don't trust Freeman enough to invest beaucoup bucks in him. Freeman is a stat-stuffer, not a winner, he's the guy who goes off for big passing numbers after his team is down big. His first year he looked like he was on the cusp of greatness, since then he's just been treading water.

RippedmyFlesh
05-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Two sources indicated that when Smith went on some visits to teams, rather than interact with coaches and front-office people, he would spend much of his time on his cell phone. Instead of being engaged with team officials, he would be texting friends or reading Twitter or a number of other distracting activities.

Marrone had to control himself I am sure he could have blown a gasket watching that.
Syracuse hired Marrone when the chiefs hired haley and I told my wife my fav college team may have hired the better coach. Marrone would make haley cry and pee his pants.
Marrone out coached every coach Geno ever had that's why he was 0-3 vs SU.
Buffalo is Buffalo but Marrone is a good coach.

Hammock Parties
05-01-2013, 09:52 PM

Hi.

Read this.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51jaWjTdLyL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

RINGLEADER
05-01-2013, 09:52 PM
His demeanor in some big games would seem to support this kind of behavior. Who really knows though? My fear would be that things don't go his way and he melts down sort of like Cam Newton. You can have all the physical skills but not be able to bring it together because of the mental part of the game.

WV
05-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Wanna know why the QB's in this draft all fell? Blame it on Luck and RGIII.

Those two guys alone in the last draft caused the expectations to become outrageous and the microscope on these QB's to become double or triple with comparisons in this draft. If Barkley had come out last year he would have been a top 15 pick. He had an off year and the microscopes got more powerful, so he fell and fell. Did he get that much worse??? No.

Discount it if you want, but this year was just a bad year to be Geno Smith and a bad year to for the Chiefs to have the #1 pick.

We were by far the most QB needy team until the abortion of trading #34 + more for Average Smith. Next would be the Raiders, but they traded for Flynn. Next would be Arizona who traded for Palmer. That leaves Buffalo and we won't even go there with Manuel going in the first while Geno and even Barkley did not. Buffalo and Buddy Nix are hardly a role model team.

Geno's biggest mistake was assuming this franchise even had one thought of drafting a QB in the first. It simply doesn't happen anymore. Todd Blackledge screwed us all to a life of mediocre retreads. I think it's in the Chiefs Head Coach official handbook. We'll call it the Hunt Rule.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-01-2013, 09:59 PM

whew

risk avoided...whew!

LMAO Goddamnit I love it when TC just fucking nails it right off the bat.
Posted via Mobile Device

RippedmyFlesh
05-01-2013, 10:11 PM
I wanted him and thought he would go top 10 I was way off. If his knock is just between his ears it's possible that can be corrected.Even his critics would have to admit he has the physical tools to thrive. You can't fix physical limitations but there is at least a chance you could fix a maturity issue. So who would be harder to "fix" Geno or Bray? And what's the upside of the 2 if both were fixed so to speak?

AlexSmithDynasty
05-01-2013, 10:11 PM

Wait what? Are you saying that a coach and GM who have played and worked in the game almost their entire lives, have had a track record of success, and are highly respected in the league know more about football than a couple of bitter losers on the Internet? How could that be?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-01-2013, 10:16 PM
It's so funny that the posters who make fun of the people supposably "rationalizing" Alex Smith are the posters rationalizing Geno Smith.

This was a weak QB draft. Every team passed on the messiah and there is damning evidence against this guy.

He's not near the person or prospect the other QB's were and there seems to be more evidence proving this every day.

Its so funny that you and others are rationalizing a known bag o' dicks vs. A kid who has yet to even take a snap in the NFL, yes.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
05-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Were you pounding the table for Flacco during his draft (2008)?

The ravens > BossChief

Does that need written in crayon?

Mav
05-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Its so funny that you and others are rationalizing a known bag o' dicks vs. A kid who has yet to even take a snap in the NFL, yes.
Posted via Mobile Device

no, whats funny is that you think your opinion of alex smith, is the opinion of everyone in the league, and that your opinion of geno smith, is also the opinion of everyone in the league.

Isnt it just a little bit ironic that in nfl circles, that just happens to be the exact opposite of reality?

Nah? Didnt think so.

KCwolf
05-01-2013, 10:23 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Please go be a fan of any of the other 31 teams available...... Thx.

We didn't draft him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-01-2013, 10:24 PM

Rodgers was a Tedford guy.
Roethlisberger was a MAC QB.
Flacco was an FCS prospect.

That's four SBs just in recent years for you

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-01-2013, 10:25 PM
ROFL

none

you pathetic liar

A guy who lost his job to...wait for it....Tyler Palko.

RippedmyFlesh
05-01-2013, 10:26 PM
In 2008 I wanted atl to take dorsey. I saw herm talking to Ryan on tv and thought maybe this was it. So close.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Wait what? Are you saying that a coach and GM who have played and worked in the game almost their entire lives, have had a track record of success, and are highly respected in the league know more about football than a couple of bitter losers on the Internet? How could that be?

"Manning Fan". "brady fan". Those are homer names that have merit. Yours? ROFL. Yeah, I'm the idiot alright.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav
05-01-2013, 10:27 PM
A guy who lost his job to...wait for it....Tyler Palko.

nice. I was getting ready to post that.....well played.

cdcox
05-01-2013, 10:27 PM
I think the point here is that QB is a position where you want the guy to eat, breathe, sleep, and shit football. That's the way Manning and Brady are.

So Geno gets the opportunity to interact with the best football minds he's ever been around. Nope, not interested. Need to text my friends back home.

Any way you spin it, if that is a true account, it's a clear negative. And isn't the same as wearing a tee shirt, or having a tattoo, or listening to rap.

Does this mean he is going to be a bust? No, but he'll probably need to eat some humble pie and change his attitude to be successful. That's probably a bigger change that fixing your footwork.

Mav
05-01-2013, 10:28 PM
"Manning Fan". "brady fan". Those are homer names that have merit. Yours? ROFL. Yeah, I'm the idiot alright.
Posted via Mobile Device

well, kind of, because you werent talking to me.

You were talking to ALEXSMITHDYNASTY. Different guy....

Baby Lee
05-01-2013, 10:35 PM

Who decided today?

There''s a spectrum, some convinced long ago, some suspecting for a while, some still unconvinced and a thousand gradiations in between. No matter how certain anyone FEELS know one knows at this point as the evidence is yet to come.

DaFace
05-01-2013, 10:37 PM

1. Character.
2. Passing ability.

Wake up morons.

The article is more about coachability than character IMO. If he's not as good as he thinks he is and won't listen to the guys who are supposed to get him there, that's a pretty bad sign.

BossChief
05-01-2013, 10:39 PM
There is NO QUESTION that if these reports are true they are a significant red flag.

The guy has a lot of work to do and if he is unable to put in quality work at areas of need, he is unlikely to ever be worth a high draft pick...but to act as if these reports are absolute fact and that they prove that Geno will be a bust is being disingenuous and that's where this discussion turned into an argument.

It's possible that his unwillingness to focus on crucial points is a reason he faltered against good defenses last year.

It's also possible this is all BS info distributed by the agent he just fired...which is more likely givent the timing of the report in relation to the firing.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-01-2013, 10:41 PM
I'm including myself in the guilty because I thought that an FCS QB who couldn't beat out Tyler Palko would be a shit QB, but these are the posts from the 2008 draft thread as Flacco was drafted.

I just know the first round went so well that we MUST be taking Chad ****ing Henne at 35.

Front office saying the deal Schefter reported is bullshit, that NO did not offer 2 1sts and a 2nd.

Hilarious, they take the wrong QB.

So who is the second round pick?

Brohm?

wow reach for Flacco

Boller II...

wow, I can't believe they traded up for Flacco. He went WAY higher than anybody would have bet on

flacco looks bad but who knows for sure

he runs like a giraffe and throws the ball like baseball pitcher throwing a slider.

:shake:

Flacco?

Oh, yeah that was so terrible I forgot. ROFL Well, they if they grew a brain in the last round, they should STILL take one of them.

Actually, they were the 3rd and 4th. Don't forget Flacco.

Why not? Everyone else will in 2 years.

Just Passin' By
05-01-2013, 10:41 PM
The ravens > BossChief

Does that need written in crayon?

That's a useless response. Every GM ever > BossChief, after all.

You griped about 6 drafts. The only draft in that group where a QB taken after the Chiefs picked went on to win a SB (to date) is that Flacco draft. So, unless you were pounding the table for Flacco, you don't really have any point.

AlexSmithDynasty
05-01-2013, 10:43 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

You're responding to the wrong person, I called you a bitter loser.

BossChief
05-01-2013, 10:44 PM
The article is more about coachability than character IMO. If he's not as good as he thinks he is and won't listen to the guys who are supposed to get him there, that's a pretty bad sign.

I listen to Colin Cowherd almost daily and he knows people that have coached Cam in Carolina and claim they have to use a limited playbook with Cam because of his attitude and willingness to put in the work and that a lot of his teammates don't like him because of it.

He also says that was a problem in college.

Pitt Gorilla
05-01-2013, 10:44 PM
IF and big IF the article is correct then I understand the reluctance to draft him.Nope. Chief Fan knew more than any GM or NFL front office.

Rasputin
05-01-2013, 10:45 PM
I think Geno Smith not participating at the senior bowl was a major mistake. He thought he was the best QB prospect at that point and only focused on the combine. Because there wasn't a clear cut QB prospect above the pack he should have gone to the senior bowl to separate himself and show that he is coachable.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-01-2013, 10:46 PM
You're responding to the wrong person, I called you a bitter loser.

My bad, your name is MUCH more valid!
Posted via Mobile Device

AlexSmithDynasty
05-01-2013, 10:51 PM
My bad, your name is MUCH more valid!
Posted via Mobile Device

At least I'm not a miserable bitter loser though.

Rasputin
05-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Doesn't stop me from hating Alex Smith or any other retread quarterback we would have gotten. Same for the next retread quarterback I'm going to hate him too. Unless or if we ever win a Super Bowl with such retread quarterbacks I'm going to hate them. Until we find one that is fun to watch and can be around for years to come and can expect the best out of them each week then I'm just not going be happy with what we got.

Rasputin
05-01-2013, 10:55 PM
If E.J. Manuel turns out to be a good to great quarterback for Buffalo then I'm going be upset that we passed on him. Take the best quarterback prospect in the draft when you get the opportunity.

BossChief
05-01-2013, 11:09 PM
That's a useless response. Every GM ever > BossChief, after all.

You griped about 6 drafts. The only draft in that group where a QB taken after the Chiefs picked went on to win a SB (to date) is that Flacco draft. So, unless you were pounding the table for Flacco, you don't really have any point.

Haha

In a 10 year period, we managed to pass on 4 quarterbacks (that I can think of quickly, there are probably more) that went on to lead their teams to the superbowl.

Colin Kaepernick
Joe Flacco
Aaron Rogers
Drew Brees

The fucking point is that the term "reach" is irrelevant to quarterbacks because of the upside their position comes with if the pick works out.

Let's say you want to buy a lottery ticket, so you go to the gas station.

Once there, you see that there are only 2 choices of tickets to decide between.

Ticket 1 is $10 and carries 2:1 odds of winning 15 dollars
Ticket 2 is also $10 and carries 4:1 odds of winning 100 dollars.

Which ticket do you buy?

Setsuna
05-01-2013, 11:10 PM
If E.J. Manuel turns out to be a good to great quarterback for Buffalo then I'm going be upset that we passed on him. Take the best quarterback prospect in the draft when you get the opportunity.

He certainly will not be.

Chiefshrink
05-01-2013, 11:15 PM
same here. he's gonna bust

He will be the next Ryan Leaf waiting to happen. Count on it :popcorn:

In NY ????:shake:

Rasputin
05-01-2013, 11:16 PM
He certainly will not be.

I just figure Geno Smith would be better but I haven't seen enough of E.J Manuel so I don't comment on him. I don't know how he is going to turn out. For being able to make plays Geno Smith can do all that in the pros from what I've seen him do in college. IMO he was the best prospect this year but I don't know enough about E.J Manuel.

If the reports are true Geno Smith was more interested in texting or being on the phone than engaging with the coaches then I can see that as a red flag.

Chiefshrink
05-01-2013, 11:18 PM
I listen to Colin Cowherd almost daily and he knows people that have coached Cam in Carolina and claim they have to use a limited playbook with Cam because of his attitude and willingness to put in the work and that a lot of his teammates don't like him because of it.

He also says that was a problem in college.

you mean 'unwillingness' ?

Simply Red
05-01-2013, 11:18 PM
they say he's a real cock.

Chiefshrink
05-01-2013, 11:23 PM
I just figure Geno Smith would be better but I haven't seen enough of E.J Manuel so I don't comment on him. I don't know how he is going to turn out. For being able to make plays Geno Smith can do all that in the pros from what I've seen him do in college. IMO he was the best prospect this year but I don't know enough about E.J Manuel.

If the reports are true Geno Smith was more interested in texting or being on the phone than engaging with the coaches then I can see that as a red flag.

College and the NFL is night and day difference as you well know and college you can get away with a lot of sh** that you will not be able to in the NFL. All you have to do is just observe Manual's responses on draft day compared to Geno and by maturity alone Manual will have a huuuuuuuge head start on Geno.

Geno is just a insecure narcissistic introvert that was allowed to not grow up because of his raw physical talent very much like Tyler Bray.

patteeu
05-01-2013, 11:23 PM
Kudos to the former Geno advocates who are willing to admit that the Chiefs might be better off having passed on the guy.

The die hards who can't come to grips with the situation and fantasize about the possibility that this is just a fabricated smear produced by Geno's enemies are laughable. Come in from the cold, guys.

Oh, and Nolan Nawrocki says hi.

Just Passin' By
05-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Haha

In a 10 year period, we managed to pass on 4 quarterbacks (that I can think of quickly, there are probably more) that went on to lead their teams to the superbowl.

Colin Kaepernick
Joe Flacco
Aaron Rogers
Drew Brees

The ****ing point is that the term "reach" is irrelevant to quarterbacks because of the upside their position comes with if the pick works out.

Let's say you want to buy a lottery ticket, so you go to the gas station.

Once there, you see that there are only 2 choices of tickets to decide between.

Ticket 1 is $10 and carries 2:1 odds of winning 15 dollars
Ticket 2 is also $10 and carries 4:1 odds of winning 100 dollars.

Which ticket do you buy?

No, really, your only point is that you want to cry because you don't have a SB winning QB, and you're lashing out with really stupid arguments as a result. Players are called reaches for a reason, and most QBs who drop don't pan out, just as most QBs who don't drop don't lead teams to SBs. Your argument would apply to Brady and Warner, but also to the likes of Tyler Palko, for crying out loud, because they all should have been taken at the top of round one since they were QBs.

That should tell you that you don't really have a point. Somehow, I suspect it won't get through to you. So, I'll tell you what you should do. You should get a group of buyers together and purchase a team. Then, you should draft QB with every single pick you get in the draft. Keep doing that, because you just never know which QB will be the one.

As for Rodgers, here are the other Tedford round one QBs (making the likely mistake of assuming Wikipedia got something right instead of looking for a different source):

Trent Dilfer
David Carr
Akili Smith
Joey Harrington
Kyle Boller

Yeah, any team that worried about a Tedford QB with all that greatness to look back on must have been crazy.

okcchief
05-01-2013, 11:24 PM
As much as you love Geno you have to admit there is something every team in the NFL didn't like. The Vikings passed on him 3 times! Ponder and Cassel! Plus, look at the organization that picked him. I have always seen the talent, but there are obviously red flags. He may overcome it, and he may not. To me the story doesn't seem far fetched in the least. Most kids have some growing up to do. Some do, and some don't. However, there are plenty of unknowns in this draft.

Carlota69
05-01-2013, 11:27 PM
If these reports are true, and Geno is a guy who already knows everything and you can't tell him anything, he will bust for sure! Granted he has the physical tools, but the mental tools are just as important, and that's rue in any career, athletics or otherwise. It's a basic ingredient for success, willingness to continue to learn and listen. If Geno is texting, and twittering and not participating like this report says, it's no wonder he didn't get the gig. You don't do that during a job interview. And being in NY won't help anything. He's going to bust, partly because the Jets are a mess, and mostly because of Genos entitled attitude (assuming reports are true of course).

Rasputin
05-01-2013, 11:45 PM
If Alex Smith is here to be a stop gap and only until we can find a QB that Dorsey and Reid can live with in the next couple of years draft then I can be fine with it. I just don't want to be stuck with Alex Smith next 4 years and he falls apart with no one in the bullpen to replace him long term with great upside.

BossChief
05-01-2013, 11:53 PM
The hard thing about both Geno and EJs situations is that they are in the same division as Bill Billichick.

If I'm Marrone or Ryan, I probably sit the kid their rookie years.

JPB just keeps making my points for me and tries to stick his chest out afterwards.

"look at all these other Tedford quadrerbacksz lolz"

THATS THE POINT, SMART GUY. All of the quarterbacks that have won the superbowls recently have all had serious warts when they were prospects and trying to predict future success of a quarterback from college to the pros is very difficult to do.

Mike Mayock had Gabbert as his top quarterback and Colin Kaepernick tied with Ricky Stanzi as his fifth.

It happens.

We didnt draft the kid and I love Eric Fisher as a player and person and if we can get Albert locked up, our line should be awesome for a few years. Should be fun.

RunKC
05-02-2013, 12:02 AM
I wish people would quit thinking that Geno is going to be great like the QB's that we passed over. Just because we pass over him doesn't mean he's going to turn into Rogers, Brees, Flacco, etc. There are other QB's we passed over like Jimmy Clausen too.

There's a reason the kid got scrutinized. He obviously wasn't a first round QB or he would have been drafted in the first.
The kid has had some serious con's on his resume and some of them just make you feel speechless.

If I'm wrong and he's a good QB who goes to a SB, I'll be happy to eat my crow, but I just don't see it happening. I want a first round QB as much as the next Chiefs fan, but I want one that has a good resume and good traits. One we can fully get behind.

Jerm
05-02-2013, 12:02 AM
Kudos to the former Geno advocates who are willing to admit that the Chiefs might be better off having passed on the guy.

The die hards who can't come to grips with the situation and fantasize about the possibility that this is just a fabricated smear produced by Geno's enemies are laughable. Come in from the cold, guys.

Oh, and Nolan Nawrocki says hi.

I was really high on Geno and wanted us to take him but now I believe there's just too much smoke for there not to be some kind of fire...the Bills take E.J. Manuel over him.....that is pretty damning IMO.

Conversely I believe Geno could commit murder tomorrow and there would be a gaggle of people on here justifying it....shit is nuts.

Just Passin' By
05-02-2013, 12:06 AM
The hard thing about both Geno and EJs situations is that they are in the same division as Bill Billichick.

If I'm Marrone or Ryan, I probably sit the kid their rookie years.

JPB just keeps making my points for me and tries to stick his chest out afterwards.

"look at all these other Tedford quadrerbacksz lolz"

THATS THE POINT, SMART GUY. All of the quarterbacks that have won the superbowls recently have all had serious warts when they were prospects and trying to predict future success of a quarterback from college to the pros is very difficult to do.

Mike Mayock had Gabbert as his top quarterback and Colin Kaepernick tied with Ricky Stanzi as his fifth.

It happens.

We didnt draft the kid and I love Eric Fisher as a player and person and if we can get Albert locked up, our line should be awesome for a few years. Should be fun.

So your point is basically that the Chiefs should just piss away the draft and take Tyler Palko in the first round.

Every other team in the AFCW agrees with you. Great idea. :thumb:

BossChief
05-02-2013, 12:10 AM
Yeah, dumbshit. That's exactly what I said.

Just Passin' By
05-02-2013, 12:23 AM
Yeah, dumbshit. That's exactly what I said.

Even Peyton Manning had warts, dumbass. Teams have to evaluate the individual QB as best they can, and make a call. They can't just go drafting a QB in order to draft a QB. Your argument has been stupid every time you've made it, and it's not getting any better with time. Get that through your head and you'll be better off.

the Talking Can
05-02-2013, 04:54 AM
No, really, your only point is that you want to cry because you don't have a SB winning QB, and you're lashing out with really stupid arguments as a result. Players are called reaches for a reason, and most QBs who drop don't pan out, just as most QBs who don't drop don't lead teams to SBs. Your argument would apply to Brady and Warner, but also to the likes of Tyler Palko, for crying out loud, because they all should have been taken at the top of round one since they were QBs.

That should tell you that you don't really have a point. Somehow, I suspect it won't get through to you. So, I'll tell you what you should do. You should get a group of buyers together and purchase a team. Then, you should draft QB with every single pick you get in the draft. Keep doing that, because you just never know which QB will be the one.

As for Rodgers, here are the other Tedford round one QBs (making the likely mistake of assuming Wikipedia got something right instead of looking for a different source):

Trent Dilfer
David Carr
Akili Smith
Joey Harrington
Kyle Boller

Yeah, any team that worried about a Tedford QB with all that greatness to look back on must have been crazy.

why does Cassel's condom keep showing up to lecture us about QBs?

the Talking Can
05-02-2013, 04:56 AM
I'm including myself in the guilty because I thought that an FCS QB who couldn't beat out Tyler Palko would be a shit QB, but these are the posts from the 2008 draft thread as Flacco was drafted.

bingo

the Talking Can
05-02-2013, 04:59 AM
jesus, in the cold light of morning this thread looks even worse for marcellus...

embarrassing

patteeu
05-02-2013, 05:56 AM
jesus, in the cold light of morning this thread looks even worse for marcellus...

embarrassing

Marcellus isn't the one who should be embarrassed.

Lex Luthor
05-02-2013, 06:15 AM
I'm starting to think Talking Can is one of the worst posters I've seen in a while. He makes the same delusional points over and over, and he thinks he is WINNING.

Marcellus
05-02-2013, 06:17 AM

embarrassing

No not at ll. You still couldn't find your ass with both hands and a compass dude let alone get the point.

I am not QB averse or risk averse. Never have been. I would have been fine with drafting Sanchez back in the day, I wanted Geno early on in the season until he began to migrate into a dumpster fire.

The point I have made over and over that you morons cant come to reality with is that Reid and Dorsey dont have anything to do with passing on the last 50 great QB's over the last 30 years nor was the lack of QB talent in this draft their fault.

Bitching about the past mistakes of others and using it against the current leadership is ****ing stupid. Its tiresome and its old

And then to top it off when this is pointed out I am called risk averse or gasp "true fan".

LMAO, call it what you want but I am not wasting my time complaining about the past failings of others who are gone day after day after ****ing day.

Hamas mr "critical thinker" cant even get past this shit.

Lex Luthor
05-02-2013, 06:19 AM
No not at ll. You still couldn't find your ass with both hands and a compass dude let alone get the point.

I am not QB averse or risk averse. Never have been. I would have been fine with drafting Sanchez back in the day, I wanted Geno early on in the season until he began to migrate into a dumpster fire.

The point I have made over and over that you morons cant come to reality with is that Reid and Dorsey dont have anything to do with passing on the last 50 great QB's over the last 30 years nor was the lack of QB talent in this draft their fault.

Bitching about the past mistakes of others and using it against the current leadership is ****ing stupid. Its tiresome and its old

And then to top it off when this is pointed out I am called risk averse or gasp "true fan".

LMAO, call it what you want but I am not wasting my time complaining about the past failings of others who are gone day after day after ****ing day.

Hamas mr "critical thinker" cant even get past this shit.
This.

Talking Can should take his bullshit posts to genoplanet.com.

the Talking Can
05-02-2013, 06:22 AM
I'm starting to think Talking Can is one of the worst posters I've seen in a while. He makes the same delusional points over and over, and he thinks he is WINNING.

there's a one word answer to any argument proffered against drafting QBs, or claiming QBs are risky (they're not, ever), or just being a miserable true fan fuck celebrating a RT with the #1 pick:

Chiefs

Lex Luthor
05-02-2013, 06:27 AM
there's a one word answer to any argument proffered against drafting QBs, or claiming QBs are risky (they're not, ever), or just being a miserable true fan **** celebrating a RT with the #1 pick:

Chiefs
Take it to genoplanet, fuckface.

MahiMike
05-02-2013, 06:47 AM
What the Geno apologists don't get is that intelligence and attitude trump athletic skills. You can get away with that crap if you're a RB but not a QB in the NFL.

MahiMike
05-02-2013, 06:51 AM

Wow, really? What job in America would be ok hiring someone that couldn't pay attention during the interview? He couldn't get a job at Home Depot let alone one that pays millions.

That's not a red flag, it's a friggin' matador cape!

KCUnited
05-02-2013, 06:51 AM
Anyone hear that awkward interview between Jayice Pearson and Jason Cole yesterday on the Danny Parkins show? Pearson basically asked Cole what an NFL executive had to gain by making the Geno comments after the draft; saying that the executive should contact Geno with this feedback instead of releasing it to Cole as an anonymous source. Cole said he wasn't "here" to talk about that. Things became a little heated between Parkins and Pearson to the point Parkins apologized to the listeners for the last 30 minutes of radio. Polarizing topic it seems.

Pearson does have a point, it's a very ***** thing to do after the draft.

Frosty
05-02-2013, 06:59 AM
Anyone hear that awkward interview between Jayice Pearson and Jason Cole yesterday on the Danny Parkins show? Pearson basically asked Cole what an NFL executive had to gain by making the Geno comments after the draft; saying that the executive should contact Geno with this feedback instead of releasing it to Cole as an anonymous source. Cole said he wasn't "here" to talk about that. Things became a little heated between Parkins and Pearson to the point Parkins apologized to the listeners for the last 30 minutes of radio. Polarizing topic it seems.

I'm having a hard time believing the story. There wasn't the slightest hint of that behavior and almost everyone said Geno's interviews went well. The main points dropping him down were inconsistency on the field. Some also talked about him "pouting" when thing went bad during a game.

Nobody mentioned him being disinterested during interviews or being cocky. This sounds like a pissed off agent or some scout/coach/GM justifying passing on him.

MahiMike
05-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Wanna know why the QB's in this draft all fell? Blame it on Luck and RGIII.

Those two guys alone in the last draft caused the expectations to become outrageous and the microscope on these QB's to become double or triple with comparisons in this draft. If Barkley had come out last year he would have been a top 15 pick. He had an off year and the microscopes got more powerful, so he fell and fell. Did he get that much worse??? No.

Discount it if you want, but this year was just a bad year to be Geno Smith and a bad year to for the Chiefs to have the #1 pick.

We were by far the most QB needy team until the abortion of trading #34 + more for Average Smith. Next would be the Raiders, but they traded for Flynn. Next would be Arizona who traded for Palmer. That leaves Buffalo and we won't even go there with Manuel going in the first while Geno and even Barkley did not. Buffalo and Buddy Nix are hardly a role model team.

Geno's biggest mistake was assuming this franchise even had one thought of drafting a QB in the first. It simply doesn't happen anymore. Todd Blackledge screwed us all to a life of mediocre retreads. I think it's in the Chiefs Head Coach official handbook. We'll call it the Hunt Rule.

If Luck or RG3 had been there, I can assure the Chiefs would've drafted them.

mikeyis4dcats.
05-02-2013, 07:10 AM
Chris Gough from Metro Sports just said on the Johnny Dare show that Geno's agents told him that an interview with Geno before the draft would cost $1k, and since Metro is part of TWC, that they needed free cable too.

LOL...morons, no wonder they got canned.

Marcellus
05-02-2013, 07:10 AM

This is a fact too many people here gloss over when complaining we never draft a QB in the 1st round.

Marcellus
05-02-2013, 07:13 AM
I'm having a hard time believing the story. There wasn't the slightest hint of that behavior and almost everyone said Geno's interviews went well. The main points dropping him down were inconsistency on the field. Some also talked about him "pouting" when thing went bad during a game.

Nobody mentioned him being disinterested during interviews or being cocky. This sounds like a pissed off agent or some scout/coach/GM justifying passing on him.

Its not that difficult -

Multiple sources not just one.
You don't tip your hand before the draft, if you think a guy has issues you don't tell other teams.
His sideline behavior and draft day behavior are in line with what is being reported don't you think? There is a history.

BossChief
05-02-2013, 07:13 AM
All the people arguing with SNR, TTC, myself, OTWP and others in this thread also had Cassels cum in their mouths this time 4 years ago.

Coincidence?

BossChief
05-02-2013, 07:17 AM

Keep telling yourself that.

The more likely scenario is that we take the Rams approach and trade the pick to other teams.

Fairplay
05-02-2013, 07:21 AM

I missed that part of the show, I just heard the 45 minutes talking KC BBQ and then Parkins allergy problem for another 45 minutes.

Rasputin
05-02-2013, 07:21 AM
What are all the excuses next year to not draft QBotf in the first round or two?

the Talking Can
05-02-2013, 07:23 AM
i expect to not see anyone in this thread claiming that Bray (an actual loser douche bag) can be developed....since that is the unanimous opinion of the True Fans about Smith and his risky texting

i'll keep the link to this for reference

Cmd'r&Chief
05-02-2013, 07:23 AM
If you go back and look at Geno's interviews, there is a bit of arrogance in him... Arrogance is difficult to coach because the individual will basically reject anything anybody has to say.

the Talking Can
05-02-2013, 07:24 AM
What are all the excuses next year to not draft QBotf in the first round or two?

the same ones you hear every year

"not good enough for Chiefs"
"too risky"
"wait till next year"

- marcellus since 1983

the Talking Can
05-02-2013, 07:25 AM
If you go back and look at Geno's interviews, there is a bit of arrogance in him... Arrogance is difficult to coach because the individual will basically reject anything anybody has to say.

so we're trading Bray for a full back today?

Fat Elvis
05-02-2013, 07:26 AM
there's a one word answer to any argument proffered against drafting QBs, or claiming QBs are risky (they're not, ever), or just being a miserable true fan **** celebrating a RT with the #1 pick:

Chiefs

What part is it that you just aren't understanding? Reid and Dorsey have a history of drafting QBs like they are going out of style. They took a look at this year's crop of QBs and said, "Oh my gosh,this year's QBs are the fruit of a giant flaming aids tree."

Will they probably draft a high round QB in the near future? Kansas City history says no, but their own personal history says yes. It just wasn't this year. I'd be willing to bet that they may of drafted a QB early this year if they could of traded down, maybe not. We don't know because we were stuck with the 1.1 in a year there were no sexy picks at the top and no one wanted to trade up.

Miami traded up from 12 to 3 with only a second round pick and the Raiders were happy to get that (all the QBs were still on the board and the Raiders really don't have a solution at QB). Last year it took two more first round picks than that to move from 6 to 2. That should tell you something.

We're going to get our sexy QB in the near future. Not this year. Drafting a QB early this year was not a gamble; sticking your penis in a woodchipper and flipping the switch is not a gamble. The outcome in either scenario is likely pain: a lot of unnecessary pain.

No one is saying, "don't draft a QB EVAR!!!!" People are saying, "Don't stick your dick in a woodchipper just to say you did it."

patteeu
05-02-2013, 07:31 AM
All the people arguing with SNR, TTC, myself, OTWP and others in this thread also had Cassels cum in their mouths this time 4 years ago.

Coincidence?

No they didn't. Are you wrong about everything?

Fat Elvis
05-02-2013, 07:32 AM
i expect to not see anyone in this thread claiming that Bray (an actual loser douche bag) can be developed....since that is the unanimous opinion of the True Fans about Smith and his risky texting

Are you this dense? It isn't about texting. Its about some kid being in the most important interview in his life and the douchebag isn't paying attention to you. He's wanting you to give him $22M but he isn't listening to what you are saying to him.

I guarantee you that if someone comes to me looking for a job (even a minimum wage job) and is texting during the interview, then his mother better be on her deathbed. If not, then FU, find someone else to give you a job. Looks like a lot of NFL teams felt the same way.

BossChief
05-02-2013, 07:36 AM

Arrogance or confidence?

Fairplay
05-02-2013, 07:36 AM

We need more linemen.

suzzer99
05-02-2013, 07:37 AM

I love these kinds of threads.

patteeu
05-02-2013, 07:37 AM

No one would have complained about picking Geno Smith up as an UDFA. If you're going to take a shot on a physically gifted guy with leadership and maturity problems, the late rounds and free agency are the places to do it.

the Talking Can
05-02-2013, 07:38 AM
Are you this dense? It isn't about texting. Its about some kid being in the most important interview in his life and the douchebag isn't paying attention to you. He's wanting you to give him $22M but he isn't listening to what you are saying to him.

I guarantee you that if someone comes to me looking for a job (even a minimum wage job) and is texting during the interview, then his mother better be on her deathbed. If not, then FU, find someone else to give you a job. Looks like a lot of NFL teams felt the same way.

like i said, I won't expect to find you explaining how Bray is going to be developed by Reid...

the Talking Can
05-02-2013, 07:40 AM
What part is it that you just aren't understanding? Reid and Dorsey have a history of drafting QBs like they are going out of style. They took a look at this year's crop of QBs and said, "Oh my gosh,this year's QBs are the fruit of a giant flaming aids tree."

Will they probably draft a high round QB in the near future? Kansas City history says no, but their own personal history says yes. It just wasn't this year. I'd be willing to bet that they may of drafted a QB early this year if they could of traded down, maybe not. We don't know because we were stuck with the 1.1 in a year there were no sexy picks at the top and no one wanted to trade up.

Miami traded up from 12 to 3 with only a second round pick and the Raiders were happy to get that (all the QBs were still on the board and the Raiders really don't have a solution at QB). Last year it took two more first round picks than that to move from 6 to 2. That should tell you something.

We're going to get our sexy QB in the near future. Not this year. Drafting a QB early this year was not a gamble; sticking your penis in a woodchipper and flipping the switch is not a gamble. The outcome in either scenario is likely pain: a lot of unnecessary pain.

No one is saying, "don't draft a QB EVAR!!!!" People are saying, "Don't stick your dick in a woodchipper just to say you did it."

we drafted a RT with the #1 pick, and traded two seconds for a backup QB

those are the facts

and then there's your tired, decades old excuse for once again not drafting a QB

it never ends, it never changes

but hey, you got what you want...no QB...so the Chiefs are golden

Chief Roundup
05-02-2013, 07:40 AM
"I'm not sure he knows how to take instruction because he pretty much wouldn't listen or talk to our coaches … he's talented. He can sling it, he can fit it into tight spots, he can do a lot of things and I think he wants to be good. But you can't tell him anything right now. He's tuned out because he thinks he's got it all down."

This was obvious early on. Geno's attitude and thinking that he was all that was a big part of him falling in the draft.
I didn't want him and I am damn glad we didn't draft this punk ass POS.

BossChief
05-02-2013, 07:41 AM
No they didn't. Are you wrong about everything?

I have put every argument you have ever tried to make with me in it's grave. If I have time later, I'll show you how correct that statement of mine was.

Stay tuned.

the Talking Can
05-02-2013, 07:41 AM
I love these kinds of threads.

the cognitive dissonance is epic

Chief Roundup
05-02-2013, 07:42 AM

those are the facts

and then there's your tired, decades old excuse for once again not drafting a QB

This is stupid. We did not draft a RT with 1.1 we did draft a LT that may play RT for this season before albert is moved/traded or whatever.
GET OVER IT.

tooge
05-02-2013, 07:43 AM
What gets the non Geno ball sniffers going in a thread like this is that there simply wasn't a QB worth drafting at #1, yet certain CPers were willing to take a huge and stupid risk just to say the chiefs finally tried. That is just plain stupidity. SNR, Bosschief, you two in particular, are less credible as more of the Geno Smith shortcomings come out. The "if he busts, but at least we tried" argument is horseshit. The Chiefs will draft a QB when one is there that is worth it.

the Talking Can
05-02-2013, 07:43 AM
This was obvious early on. Geno's attitude and thinking that he was all that was a big part of him falling in the draft.
I didn't want him and I am damn glad we didn't draft this punk ass POS.

won't see you in any bray threads ever as well...

the Talking Can
05-02-2013, 07:44 AM
What gets the non Geno ball sniffers going in a thread like this is that there simply wasn't a QB worth drafting at #1, yet certain CPers were willing to take a huge and stupid risk just to say the chiefs finally tried. That is just plain stupidity. SNR, Bosschief, you two in particular, are less credible as more of the Geno Smith shortcomings come out. The "if he busts, but at least we tried" argument is horseshit. The Chiefs will draft a QB when one is there that is worth it.

ROFL

every single true fan cliche in one tidy paragraph

"not worth it"
"risk"
"not good enough" (for 2-14 chiefs)
"next year" (maybe)

are you a marcellus dupe?

patteeu
05-02-2013, 07:44 AM
I have put every argument you have ever tried to make with me in it's grave. If I have time later, I'll show you how correct that statement of mine was.

Stay tuned.

I have no idea what this means, but my money is on you not having time later.

DaFace
05-02-2013, 07:45 AM
OK, the Geno thing has officially reached the "laughable" point. You guys are ridiculous.

Cannibal
05-02-2013, 07:45 AM
Tyler Bray was an undrafted free agent, Geno would've gone 1.1. Terrible comparison.

the Talking Can
05-02-2013, 07:48 AM
Tyler Bray was an undrafted free agent, Geno would've gone 1.1. Terrible comparison.

oh, so if you're drafted high, you can't be developed

but if your a udfa douche bag (biggest in draft, bar none), you can magically be developed?

that makes sense because why?

suzzer99
05-02-2013, 07:49 AM
Anyone who lists a quarterback that we should have taken over say Tyson Jackson, Dorsey, Baldwin, etc. should probably list the next QB taken – not the best QB taken with benefit of hindsight.

Chief Roundup
won't see you in any bray threads ever as well...

Yeah you will bashing that POS too.

ChiefsCountry
The facts are that all of you Geno bashers on a witch hunt look just as ****ing stupid or more than the people who are Geno ball washers right now.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=9649516&postcount=114

the Talking Can
05-02-2013, 07:53 AM
Yeah you will bashing that POS too.

i love him, glad we grabbed him...think his chances of being anything are about .001%

but then again, I'm consistent about QBs

i don't say embarrassingly stupid things like "Geno Smith is too arrogant to draft! too risky!...Tyler Bray's arrogance will be controlled by Reid!! QBOTF!!"

i think I'll start a spreadsheet to keep all the names of the hypocrites

Cmd'r&Chief
05-02-2013, 07:54 AM
so we're trading Bray for a full back today?

You're a fucking idiot. Bray was an UDFA. Not a Round 1 or 2 draft pick. Eat a dick and die. I hate fat people. You walking piles of stink, you never wash between all of your fat folds and end up smelling like the dead.

Cannibal
05-02-2013, 07:55 AM
oh, so if you're drafted high, you can't be developed

but if your a udfa douche bag (biggest in draft, bar none), you can magically be developed?

that makes sense because why?

If Bray fails, we lose nothing.

All the QB needy teams passed on Geno in the first round (let alone first overall), that should tell you something.

After all this, I'm glad we passed on him.

the Talking Can
05-02-2013, 07:57 AM
If Bray fails, we lose nothing.

All the QB needy teams passed on Geno in the first round (let alone first overall), that should tell you something.

After all this, I'm glad we passed on him.

all teams in the nfl passed on Bray 7 times...that does tell you something, the NFL values Smith and doesn't value Bray at all

but thanks for using the 'it risky!!' excuse in every thread you post...cracks me up

Cmd'r&Chief
05-02-2013, 07:59 AM
ROFL

every single true fan cliche in one tidy paragraph

"not worth it"
"risk"
"not good enough" (for 2-14 chiefs)
"next year" (maybe)

are you a marcellus dupe?

Being you're such a fag for Geno, why don't you convert to a Jets fan? A real Chiefs fan will always be a Chiefs supporter first. Your bitching and complaining because your pussy still hurts over not drafting Geno. Are you a fucking Chiefs fan, or a Geno fan. You can't be both. We didn't draft Geno, move on or get the fuck out.

BigCatDaddy

If you don't have a good QB and you aren't drafting one then you ain't tryin.

Cannibal
So you still wanted Geno 1.1?

the Talking Can
05-02-2013, 08:00 AM
Being you're such a pillowbiter for Geno, why don't you convert to a Jets fan? A real Chiefs fan will always be a Chiefs supporter first. Your bitching and complaining because your pussy still hurts over not drafting Geno. Are you a ****ing Chiefs fan, or a Geno fan. You can't be both. We didn't draft Geno, move on or get the **** out.

i've got your name down, you can stop posting

and I look forward to not seeing you in any Bray thread

Carlota69
05-02-2013, 08:00 AM
all teams in the nfl passed on Bray 7 times...that does tell you something, the NFL values Smith and doesn't value Bray at all

but thanks for using the 'it risky!!' excuse in every thread you post...cracks me up

Yeah, it tells me he's a cheaper douche bag, and much easier to kick to the curb if he can't be bothered to learn anything.

BigCatDaddy
05-02-2013, 08:03 AM
So you still wanted Geno 1.1?

Without a doubt. If your goal is a superbowl I'd rather gamble on a QB than draft a RT. Doesn't have to be Geno. Could be EJ, Barkley, Geno... etc.

Let's look at it like this.

Do you think in 3 years there will be a QB from this class that you would trade Eric Fisher for?

Chief Roundup
i love him, glad we grabbed him...think his chances of being anything are about .001%

but then again, I'm consistent about QBs

i don't say embarrassingly stupid things like "Geno Smith is too arrogant to draft! too risky!...Tyler Bray's arrogance will be controlled by Reid!! QBOTF!!"

i think I'll start a spreadsheet to keep all the names of the hypocrites

Going to be hard to control someone that doesn't have enough control not to ruin their own body with a tattoo. Let alone a tattoo of your own name. Then as if that wasn't bad enough lets put stars around each letter. Yeah there has to be some thing of a mind there to control first.

I want us to get a QB to be our QBoTF but there just weren't any this offseason.
Bray like most of the other QBs that are not drafted in the first have a .00001% of ever winning a SB. (amounting to anything)
No that doesn't mean that you just draft on in the first to have one from the first either. There are a lot around here that want to do that as well.
I am going to have hope that a coach, Andy Reid, that has a reputation of drafting QBs will do so when there is one available that is of good quality.

the Talking Can
Yeah, it tells me he's a cheaper douche bag, and much easier to kick to the curb if he can't be bothered to learn anything.

actually, it tells you he is much less talented, and a much bigger douche bag...his fall is maybe the worst in draft history

but since douche bags can't be developed, he is irrelevant...we just found that out in this thread

Cmd'r&Chief
05-02-2013, 08:05 AM

Every time you walk up a flight of stairs it's risky. What if your fat ass has a heart attack, you croak, tumble down the stairs, and smash the innocent pedestrians behind you?

It isn't always safe to be risky, you may end up getting run over by tumbling fat man.

tooge
05-02-2013, 08:05 AM

those are the facts

We didn't not want a QB. There is a difference between not wanting one, and one not being available that was worth a shit. I think the chiefs got the best of the QB's out there this year. If they don't draft one over the next several years, then yes, I'd be disappointed. But again, please try to make the distinction between people not wanting one and one simply not being available.

Chief Roundup
05-02-2013, 08:07 AM
If you don't have a good QB and you aren't drafting one then you ain't tryin.

There wasn't a good one to draft. They did the best thing by not tying us to a QB that is not good. They were trying. Just not trying to please "the fans".

Marcellus
05-02-2013, 08:08 AM
We didn't not want a QB. There is a difference between not wanting one, and one not being available that was worth a shit. I think the chiefs got the best of the QB's out there this year. If they don't draft one over the next several years, then yes, I'd be disappointed. But again, please try to make the distinction between people not wanting one and one simply not being available.

^^^
I don't understand how other people cant figure this out. I really can't.

Next comment will be we have passed up QB's for 30 years because they cant distinguish the fact that Reid and Dorsey have nothing to do with that.

Carlota69
05-02-2013, 08:10 AM
actually, it tells you he is much less talented, and a much bigger douche bag...his fall is maybe the worst in draft history

but since douche bags can't be developed, he is irrelevant...we just found that out in this thread

No, it tells me he is less talented, but he may be just as Douchy as Geno.
Geno is clearly the best QB in the draft, but his douche baggery dropped his value to 2nd round instead of first round. And the Jets are a poorly run franchise right now, so the fact that he was taken 39th doesn't say shit to me. The Jets are stupid in general, so them taking Geno says nothing about Genos value.
I'm curious how much further he would of dropped if The Jets passed.

ChiTown
05-02-2013, 08:10 AM
Meh. I don't care anymore. Not a fucking thing we can do about it now. I've moved on, and I suggest everyone else (for their sanity's sake) do the same.

tooge
05-02-2013, 08:11 AM
Without a doubt. If your goal is a superbowl I'd rather gamble on a QB than draft a RT. Doesn't have to be Geno. Could be EJ, Barkley, Geno... etc.

Let's look at it like this.

Do you think in 3 years there will be a QB from this class that you would trade Eric Fisher for?

No. And look at it this way, do you think that if there is, he'd be glad to have a LT like Eric Fisher? You guys just don't get it. The chiefs did pretty much the best they could do THIS year with what was available. They grabbed the consensus best FA QB available, paid one second rounder next year too much for him though, and grabbed some need positions in the draft with lots of upside. It's not Dorseys fault that the previous regime made no play for RG3 or Cam Newton, or Matt Ryan. But those guys weren't here in the NFL's opinion. Give the regime a freaking chance before crucifying them for not reaching on a QB with 1.1