PDA

View Full Version : Poop LeSean McCoy challenges “old man” Vick to race, and gets smoked

Kerberos
05-02-2013, 11:28 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/02/mccoy-challenges-old-man-vick-to-race-and-gets-smoked/

Posted by Mike Florio on May 2, 2013, 12:43 PM EDT

Eagles safety Colt Anderson has posted the basic details on Twitter: quarterback Mike Vick and running back LeSean McCoy raced in practice on Thursday, and Vick won.

But there’s more to the story, which we’ve obtained from a league source with knowledge of the situation.

McCoy had been riding Vick for weeks, calling him “old man” and challenging Vick to a footrace. Vick had been laughing it off, until today.

Today, Vick had enough. So he asked coach Chip Kelly if he could accept McCoy’s invitation. Kelly agreed.

So they lined up and took off, and Vick didn’t just beat McCoy. Vick smoked McCoy by roughly five yards over a 40-yard distance, and their teammates went nuts.

It has no direct relevance to the fate of the 2013 Eagles, but it proves that the “old man” can still move, which is bad news for any defense facing him this year.

Bump
05-02-2013, 11:29 AM
one of the most freakish athletes the NFL has ever seen. But you know....

Direckshun
05-02-2013, 11:29 AM
That would be a pretty sweet story if it involved anybody else but Vick.

He can be forced to drown for all I care.

gblowfish
05-02-2013, 11:31 AM
Vick ran like he was being chased by a pit bull....

Simplicity
05-02-2013, 11:31 AM

You own a pitbull...?

Canofbier
05-02-2013, 11:33 AM

Agreed. The people who say "He's atoned for his crimes" may be correct, but it takes a certain kind of person to do shit like that to dogs. In my mind he is and always will be a scumbag.

Dave Lane
05-02-2013, 11:39 AM
Agreed. The people who say "He's atoned for his crimes" may be correct, but it takes a certain kind of person to do shit like that to dogs. In my mind he is and always will be a scumbag.

This completely. If he had just been fighting them its bad enough, but what he did to injured dogs is beyond forgiveness from me. Others are free to do as they will.

Fritz88
05-02-2013, 11:44 AM

Don't be hatin' bro.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fritz88
05-02-2013, 11:46 AM
I always pull for him and the Eagles have become my second favorite team.
Posted via Mobile Device

Direckshun
05-02-2013, 11:47 AM
You own a pitbull...?

I exhibit compassion.

Discuss Thrower
05-02-2013, 11:48 AM

He served his time dude. Let him alone.

notorious
05-02-2013, 11:48 AM
If only Vick had some talent between his ears........

Mav
05-02-2013, 11:51 AM
Well, im hated anyways, so I might as well put this here. I have two cats. Now, i know that in Asia, they eat cats. I also was born in North Carolina, on a military base, where i spent my summers working in Tobacco fields for money.

I also know this. Dog fighting is RAMPANT down there. So, admittedly, it shocked me far less than most, and I dont condone it, and it makes me sick, but to the people who said that he grew up in it, and it was second nature to him, while sick, and vile, I give it some merit. I never did though until I was deployed and talked to some Iraqis, who stated that while what the extremists were doing was wrong, they understood that a lot of them didnt know it to be wrong, because that is how they were brought up.

Shrugs. Its not always black and white. there is unfortunately, a lot of GRAY.....

seaofred
05-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Well, im hated anyways, so I might as well put this here. I have two cats. Now, i know that in Asia, they eat cats. I also was born in North Carolina, on a military base, where i spent my summers working in Tobacco fields for money.

I also know this. Dog fighting is RAMPANT down there. So, admittedly, it shocked me far less than most, and I dont condone it, and it makes me sick, but to the people who said that he grew up in it, and it was second nature to him, while sick, and vile, I give it some merit. I never did though until I was deployed and talked to some Iraqis, who stated that while what the extremists were doing was wrong, they understood that a lot of them didnt know it to be wrong, because that is how they were brought up.

Shrugs. Its not always black and white. there is unfortunately, a lot of GRAY.....

Well said. I for one, am more discusted by people that kill other people..

CHENZ A!
05-02-2013, 12:10 PM
I'd be so much more excited for the season if we had Vick instead of Smith.

Mav
05-02-2013, 12:15 PM

sighs.......yeah, and alex is known as a guy who cant stay healthy, yet you want this injury prone, turnover machine. Good call.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Thats Racism flat out !

Brock
05-02-2013, 12:22 PM

ROFL

-King-
05-02-2013, 12:22 PM
sighs.......yeah, and alex is known as a guy who cant stay healthy, yet you want this injury prone, turnover machine. Good call.

Vick has started more than 10 games 6 times in his career. Alex Smith has only done it twice. Vick has a 2.8 INT%. Alex Smith has a 2.9 INT%. Vick has averages 1 fumble every 9 rushes. Alex Smith averages 1 fumble every 5 rushes.

Demonpenz
05-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Vick would be worth 50 bucks to go see, but he would piss everyone off with his play.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
05-02-2013, 12:25 PM
I know Im in the majority here, but I think all pit bulls should be drowned.

Demonpenz
05-02-2013, 12:27 PM
I know Im in the majority here, but I think all pit bulls should be drowned.

Sent in a mindfield. BOOOM

Hootie
05-02-2013, 12:43 PM
I was never that mad about Vick.

It was a part of a culture he grew up in. I don't expect the middle to upper middle class ChiefsPlanet white person to understand that.

I don't think that makes him a bad person.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2013, 12:45 PM
Vick made a mistake, and paid for it. If you don't like the culture, do something to help change it. I don't get all the Mike Vick hate. I guess it's just the in thing these days.

Hootie
05-02-2013, 12:46 PM
of course I'm also not a dog lover so I know that plays a part in to why I was never really that mad

I find dog fighting appalling but in some cultures (like Mexico for instance) it's fine...

people like Vick who grew up in the ghetto weren't privileged to all of the education, knowledge and common sense people like the average CP'er have

that's why all of these 'dipshits' go broke right away...they just aren't smart people

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Vick smoked that dawg...
Posted via Mobile Device

ThaVirus
05-02-2013, 12:58 PM
Was Vick faster, in his prime, than RGIII?

ChiefsFanatic
05-02-2013, 01:09 PM

Yes

DJ's left nut
05-02-2013, 01:13 PM

Yup.

There are clips with him as a Falcon just blowing through holes where DBs had the angle on him and just couldn't close up.

He may have been the fastest player in the NFL at the time. His acceleration was just incredible.

DonTellMeShowMe
05-02-2013, 01:17 PM
I exhibit compassion.

Don Henley once sang about forgiveness....

DonTellMeShowMe
05-02-2013, 01:18 PM
Vick made a mistake, and paid for it. If you don't like the culture, do something to help change it. I don't get all the Mike Vick hate. I guess it's just the in thing these days.

This

DJ's left nut
05-02-2013, 01:27 PM
Don Henley once sang about forgiveness....

He sang about boys of summer as well but I'm not sure if he even cares about the NBA.

durtyrute
05-02-2013, 01:52 PM

It was a part of a culture he grew up in. I don't expect the middle to upper middle class ChiefsPlanet white person to understand that.

People fight dogs all of the fucking time and don't go to federal prison for it.

cockeyes
05-02-2013, 02:13 PM
I am not in favor of cruelty to animals obviously, no one is.

But I found the media frenzy around Vick to be a bit curious. Almost all the time, people are free to do with their livestock whatever they choose. You shouldn't put them down in a cruel way, but lets be honest, the animals that become the meat we consume aren't exactly killed by lethal injection.

Why are dogs special? If we afford what approaches human life protection to this animal why not others?

(Of course, these were living dogs. You wonder if Kermit Gosnell had done what he did to dogs if he'd be in the newspapers at all, instead of being a non-story)

anyway, I despised Vick before and after the prison stint he did. But I am not sure that if his name were Cooter McCoy from Gator's Taint Ga running a dogfighting operation if he'd have ever spent a day in the big house.

teedubya
05-02-2013, 02:23 PM

In the United States, around nine billion animals are slaughtered every year for our food. That's okay, though. Cows don't have personality.

I assume all of the people up in arms and unforgiving to Vick are all vegan.

Setsuna
05-02-2013, 02:24 PM

What is your problem?

You know how ignorant you sound don't you? What I'm seeing from you and others is that you are reacting the same way you reacted to the Boston Marathon bomber who killed and injured human beings to Vick who fought dogs, or rather animals. So what I'm getting is you think animals and humans are on the same level. And that has to be the most ignorant thing on the face of the planet.

You know what? This is almsot akin to that Trevon Martin BS that went on. The one where all those people wore that "I am Trevon Martin" apparel trying to make a nonexistent statement about nothing. This is similar because apparently you think your pet(s) are those same ones he used and therefore you hate him because he killed and injured your pet(s). I mean good lord. Go find a soap box and stand on it for eternity speaking to the other nutjobs.

teedubya
05-02-2013, 02:25 PM
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sOesNF8zGDU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ming the Merciless
05-02-2013, 02:29 PM

because he hasn't suffered enough for killing an animal?

Rasputin
05-02-2013, 02:30 PM
So Mike Vick should play HB because he sucks at quarterbacking.

Deberg_1990
05-02-2013, 02:38 PM
Vick is one of the most gifted athletes to ever play the game. No one can deny.

notorious
05-02-2013, 02:42 PM
The guy could go from zero to full tilt in the blink of an eye.

Setsuna
05-02-2013, 02:45 PM
I'd say it's Primetime then Vick. Anyone think otherwise?

notorious
05-02-2013, 02:50 PM
I'd say it's Primetime then Vick. Anyone think otherwise?

Are we talking speed, quickness, or accleration?

Setsuna
05-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Are we talking speed, quickness, or accleration?

Uhhhh....crap I didn't think that in depth. Let's say speed and quickness.

notorious
05-02-2013, 02:59 PM
I don't know. They both look like juiced Tecmo Super Bowl players on the field.

I will call them 1A and 1B in no particular order.

-King-
05-02-2013, 03:05 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1233812/vick-wrecks-vikings-d-o.gif

Setsuna
05-02-2013, 04:48 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1233812/vick-wrecks-vikings-d-o.gif

At the end Vick would have been caught from behind. Primetime however was never caught in his prime.

I don't know. They both look like juiced Tecmo Super Bowl players on the field.

I will call them 1A and 1B in no particular order.

Hmmmm....I'll take Sanders.

crazycoffey
05-02-2013, 06:04 PM
while what the extremists were doing was wrong, they understood that a lot of them didnt know it to be wrong, because that is how they were brought up.

And you exhibit fifty shades of it

ThatRaceCardGuy
05-02-2013, 06:05 PM
What a bunch of bitchez

KChiefs1
05-02-2013, 06:11 PM

Seriously?

Tombstone RJ
05-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Seriously?

and your wouldn't? You're all hopped up on Alex Myth goofballs?

Brock
05-02-2013, 07:57 PM
and your wouldn't? You're all hopped up on Alex Myth goofballs?

Vick is done.

-King-
05-02-2013, 08:36 PM
At the end Vick would have been caught from behind. Primetime however was never caught in his prime.

Vick wasn't running in a straight line and he has just been slowed down by the two guys who ran into each other.

WhiteWhale
05-02-2013, 08:42 PM
People fight dogs all of the ****ing time and don't go to federal prison for it.

If he hadn't been running a dogfigthing/gambling ring though multiple states, thus making a federal case of it, he wouldn't have gone to federal prison.

The disturbing thing to me was all of the torture. I mean breeders cull puppies, usually by drowning. Every person who owns a pure-bred dog has passively accepted this practice. Throwing them against concrete walls and electrocuting them for the lulz is kinda fucked up.

Tombstone RJ
05-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Vick is done.

meh, he's still better than your guy.

Chiefshrink
05-02-2013, 09:05 PM

No different than 'cockfighting'.

Lbedrock1
05-02-2013, 09:14 PM

I hope when you meet your maker, he forgives you like you have forgiven Vick. What he did was wrong but man get over it.

Brock
05-02-2013, 09:15 PM
meh, he's still better than your guy.

It doesn't matter, this year is going to be vick's last. He was never smart enough, now he's breaking down physically. I'd rather have smith.

Brock
05-02-2013, 09:16 PM
No different than 'cockfighting'.

If you don't know the difference between a chicken and a dog.

Sorter
05-02-2013, 09:22 PM
I hope when you meet your maker, he forgives you like you have forgiven Vick. What he did was wrong but man get over it.

Who says our "maker" is forgiving?

Setsuna
05-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Vick wasn't running in a straight line and he has just been slowed down by the two guys who ran into each other.
You're right. My bad. Sorry Vick!

Who says our "maker" is forgiving?
:hmmm: He probably meant his Maker. Which consequently makes Him your Maker. And he's mine too.

baitism
05-02-2013, 09:36 PM
This thread is full of bleeding heart vags.

Demonpenz
05-02-2013, 09:46 PM
Vick in Madden 04......that is what I will remember him for.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Vick or Smith? In retrospect and with no QB drafted.......Vick. All goddamned day.
Posted via Mobile Device