PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alright, **** you guys, I'm putting this out there.

Direckshun
05-02-2013, 04:03 PM
I suggested something that obviously won't happen, and I got panned for it.

This deserves it's own thread.

Tying up Albert long-term on the left hand side would certainly lock down the LT position for years to come.

That does, of course, mean that we spent the 1st rounder on Fisher, who is now a RT for, possibly, ever.

Let's turn that 1st into some value. People aren't going to trade a 2nd for Albert, but I bet we can land a 1st rounder for Fisher after this season is over.

We can use that 2nd 1st rounder to trade up for the QB we want, or just draft two skill position players or give our front seven elite potential.

Now, of course, this will never happen. But hypothetical shit like this is what the Planet was made for.

Think this is a crazy idea?

http://www.thehistoryblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Russell-Crowe-in-Gladiator1.jpg

THEN BRING IT, BITCHES

MMXcalibur
05-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Who here ever played Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island?
Fun game.

Direckshun
05-02-2013, 04:05 PM
Fun game.

You son of a bitch.

KCUnited
05-02-2013, 04:05 PM
I don't see another team out there other than KC that is willing to give up a 1st for a RT.

Lex Luthor
05-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Yes, it is a goddamn stupid idea. You don't draft a guy at 1.1 and then trade him just because some fans are butthurt over the fact that he might possibly play right tackle instead of left tackle.

Chief_For_Life58
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m94fga5RtY1rqkmfko1_500.jpg
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?????!

DJ's left nut
If Buck's Inexpensive Mother is nothing more than half-baked shrieking and requests to be slapped around, I'll get bored with it quickly.

If you fellas need me, I'll be in the pictures thread patiently waiting for Goatse to post more imjur images. I have no idea how he manages it, but he finds absolute gold out there.

Ming the Merciless
05-02-2013, 04:07 PM
yes lets trade two 1st round picks , including the #1 overall for one 1st round pick next year

HOW BOUT WE JUST TANK THE SEASON BRO?

GUARANTEED 1ST PICK, DAWG

Direckshun
05-02-2013, 04:07 PM
I don't see another team out there other than KC that is willing to give up a 1st for a RT.

Nope, but they'll give up a 1st for a LT.

Which Fisher is.

Probably would be a Top 5 pick in next year's draft, too...

And you get him for a rookie contract.

We could definitely land a 1st for that.

Direckshun
05-02-2013, 04:08 PM
Yes, it is a goddamn stupid idea. You don't draft a guy at 1.1 and then trade him just because some fans are butthurt over the fact that he might possibly play right tackle instead of left tackle.

I don't see why not.

Is a WR or DE or OLB (or god forbid, QB!?!?!) not more valuable than a RT?

Well then, let's try to turn Fisher into one, this way.

patteeu
05-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Why would we want to trade away the better half of our OL foundational pieces so we can draft a QB when we already have a QB? Isn't that like creating a hole to acquire a redundancy?

Let's keep them both so we can draft the best skill position player available (or D lineman) next year instead of having to shore up a suspect OL.

crazycoffey
05-02-2013, 04:10 PM
If Buck's Inexpensive Mother is nothing more than half-baked shrieking and requests to be slapped around, I'll get bored with it quickly.

If you fellas need me, I'll be in the pictures thread patiently waiting for Goatse to post more imjur images. I have no idea how he manages it, but he finds absolute gold out there.

He literally has nothing else to do....
I actually wish he would concentrate all his CP efforts on pictures and game day gifs.

Rain Man
05-02-2013, 04:12 PM
I still think we could move Fisher to quarterback after this season. Let him play a year at right tackle and watch Smith, and then next year you put him behind center.

Direckshun
05-02-2013, 04:14 PM
Why would we want to trade away the better half of our OL foundational pieces so we can draft a QB when we already have a QB? Isn't that like creating a hole to acquire a redundancy?

Troll level: patteeu.

patteeu
I still think we could move Fisher to quarterback after this season. Let him play a year at right tackle and watch Smith, and then next year you put him behind center.

This is a better idea than Direckshun's.

AustinChief
This idea is stupid on too many levels to address in one post.

You want to play Fisher at RT for a year then trade him expecting to get a 1st round pick? A 1st round pick that most teams would only use on a LEFT tackle? A 1st round pick that any team could use on any number of high quality LEFT tackles who would be a year younger and overall cheaper?

This idea is a complete abortion. You are the Kermit Gosnell of football talk right now.

Rasputin
05-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Lost me @ trading Fisher after one season. Although in theory you maybe onto something clever, but who does that? Who drafts a player 1.1 and trades him after a year?

Rain Man
05-02-2013, 04:16 PM
This is a better idea than Direckshun's.

Thank you. I've been thinking about it for a while. I suspect that the Eagle will be doing it with Lane Johnson, too.

patteeu
Troll level: patteeu.

Sorry. This wasn't a serious idea was it?

Is this one of those stoner ideas that seems so profound while you're high?

RealSNR
I posted a brilliant response in the other thread. You ignored it. Like a Joeckel-sucking bitch.

Eh. We already bought the shitty package of 16 crayons. The nice box with 96 different colors and the built-in sharpener might be on sale, but I really doubt the store is going to accept a return on a box of crayons. We've got the 16, so we may as well use them. Maybe if we ask mommy instead of daddy, we can get some more money to go buy the 96 box so our idyllic pastoral landscape we're drawing doesn't look like a piece of shit. Then at least we're stocked up on the really important colors like the dark green, brown, black, and both shades of blue.

Fat Elvis
05-02-2013, 04:17 PM

Tying up Albert long-term on the left hand side would certainly lock down the LT position for years to come.

That does, of course, mean that we spent the 1st rounder on Fisher, who is now a RT for, possibly, ever.

Let's turn that 1st into some value. People aren't going to trade a 2nd for Albert, but I bet we can land a 1st rounder for Fisher after this season is over.

We can use that 2nd 1st rounder to trade up for the QB we want, or just draft two skill position players or give our front seven elite potential.

Now, of course, this will never happen. But hypothetical shit like this is what the Planet was made for.

http://www.thehistoryblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Russell-Crowe-in-Gladiator1.jpg

THEN BRING IT, BITCHES

You're with the Tea Party, right?

Rasputin
05-02-2013, 04:17 PM
The other flaw is if something happened to B Albert like if his back goes out then we are screwed with out a LT or RT.

Direckshun
05-02-2013, 04:18 PM
This idea is stupid on too many levels to address in one post.

You want to play Fisher at RT for a year then trade him expecting to get a 1st round pick? A 1st round pick that most teams would only use on a LEFT tackle? A 1st round pick that any team could use on any number of high quality LEFT tackles who would be a year younger and overall cheaper?

This idea is a complete abortion. You are the Kermit Gosnell of football talk right now.

Fisher is still a LT, whether we play him at RT or not.

Direckshun
05-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Lost me @ trading Fisher after one season. Although in theory you maybe onto something clever, but who does that? Who drafts a player 1.1 and trades him after a year?

Somebody thinking outside the box.

Direckshun
05-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Sorry. This wasn't a serious idea was it?

Is this one of those stoner ideas that seems so profound while you're high?

It honestly might be.

Nah, I offer it as a serious idea, though I acknowledge it is unusual.

Direckshun
05-02-2013, 04:20 PM
I posted a brilliant response in the other thread. You ignored it. Like a Joeckel-sucking bitch.

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

Direckshun
05-02-2013, 04:20 PM
You're with the Tea Party, right?

LMAO

lcarus
05-02-2013, 04:37 PM
According to Reid, Fisher can play any position on the line well. So technically we spent the pick on a beast offensive lineman who can play wherever he is needed the most at the time. It's certainly not going to propel us to a Super Bowl contending team, but I just hope he is a really good player so the pick isn't a waste, regardless of where we picked him in the round. Having a good offensive line is certainly a nice asset, as we saw in the Vermeil years.

TribalElder
05-02-2013, 04:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HIIdf.jpg

Rasputin
05-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Somebody thinking outside the box?

FYP you forgot to post it in the form of a question like they do in jeopardy.

Oh the bet hasn't started yet my bad.

Hammock Parties
05-02-2013, 04:46 PM
Actually, I'm warming up to the idea of Fisher at RT.

With more and more teams in the NFL loading up on pass rushers, RTs might have added value in the future.

Maybe Reid is ahead of the curve.

penbrook
05-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Andy Reid "if Albert is here he's oAur LT and Fisher is our RT" on@SiriusXMNFL

Also Dorsey said today that he has reached out to Alberts representatives and will continue to do so so rhey can get a long term deal worked out. Also said Albert is a fine football player and everybody thought they were just going to give him away.

bevischief
05-02-2013, 04:49 PM

Rain Man
05-02-2013, 04:50 PM
If we can get Smith to throw lefthanded, would Albert then want to play on the right side?

ThatRaceCardGuy
05-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Fuck your couch.

Rasputin
05-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Actually, I'm warming up to the idea of Fisher at RT.

With more and more teams in the NFL loading up on pass rushers, RTs might have added value in the future.

Maybe Reid is ahead of the curve.

If our O-line is secure and all we need is a quarterback in next years draft and take him that is going serve well for our new young quarterback.

I don't want any excuses not to draft a quarterback prospect in a top round in next years draft. If we don't have the second round then we best be taking him in the first round.

Sassy Squatch
05-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Fun game.
Indeed.

J Diddy
05-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Go home direckshun you're drunk.

Hammock Parties
05-02-2013, 05:00 PM
If we can get Smith to throw lefthanded, would Albert then want to play on the right side?

Hey wait.

Are there any premier lefty QBs coming out next year?

REID'S MASTER PLAN

Nightfyre
05-02-2013, 05:01 PM
According to Reid, Fisher can play any position on the line well. So technically we spent the pick on a beast offensive lineman who can play wherever he is needed the most at the time. It's certainly not going to propel us to a Super Bowl contending team, but I just hope he is a really good player so the pick isn't a waste, regardless of where we picked him in the round. Having a good offensive line is certainly a nice asset, as we saw in the Vermeil years.

"Playing not to lose." /chiefsfootballfromthebeginningoftime

FlaChief58
05-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Nope, but they'll give up a 1st for a LT.

Which Fisher is.

Probably would be a Top 5 pick in next year's draft, too...

And you get him for a rookie contract.

We could definitely land a 1st for that.

How bout we let Fisher play RG, Albert at LT and have one of the better OLs in the NFL protecting Smith & opening holes for JC

saphojunkie
05-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Fuck that. The days of sacks coming from one dominant right defensive end are over. Getting to the quarterback is about having a diversified attack, where pressure is disguised and can come from anywhere. I think left tackles have seen their value go down, and right tackles have seen their value go up.

BTW, it's not like the Chiefs have never had a first round pick at right tackle. See Tait, John.

Oh and everyone's darling Ravens also drafted a right tackle in the first. No, it wasn't 1.1, but frankly most of the players in the top half of the draft this year would have been fringe first rounders in another draft class.

I'm just hoping the Chiefs only win about six games. First, it would prevent the Alex Smith trade escalator from kicking in, and second, we would be in good position to snag one of the QBs next year. It should be a really good class. Of course, anything can happen, but it seems to me the plan was always to defer on the QB position until next year.

DaFace
05-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Not your finest work. That would be ridiculously stupid.

penbrook
05-02-2013, 05:10 PM
How bout we let Fisher play RG, Albert at LT and have one of the better OLs in the NFL protecting Smith & opening holes for JC

Andy Reid "if Albert is here he's oAur LT and Fisher is our RT" on@SiriusXMNFL

Also Dorsey said today that he has reached out to Alberts representatives and will continue to do so so rhey can get a long term deal worked out. Also said Albert is a fine football player and everybody thought they were just going to give him away.

the Talking Can
05-02-2013, 05:18 PM
with the #1 pick, the Chiefs select a RT

http://i41.tinypic.com/2n66pf.jpg

OrtonsPiercedTaint
05-02-2013, 05:20 PM
please update your threads with cliftnotes in the header.

Bump
05-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Find ourselves a left handed QB that doesn't suck and problem solved

next?

Phobia
05-02-2013, 05:24 PM
You should really start playing Dungeons and Dragons again. Those principles don't really work in the NFL, bro.

Nightfyre
05-02-2013, 05:26 PM
Why drag DnD into this? I'm a grown ass man and I still enjoy DnD as a guilty nerd pleasure.

Direckshun
05-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Remind me to stop caring about anything Nightfyre says about anything from here on out.

Bewbies
05-02-2013, 05:39 PM
with the #1 pick, the Chiefs select a RT

http://i41.tinypic.com/2n66pf.jpg

So far our blueprint:
1. Trade for backup QB
2. Draft RT at 1 overall
3. Trade starting CB for fullback

We will be champs!! LMAO

Funny thing is I don't even care.

Bewbies
05-02-2013, 05:41 PM
I wouldn't trade Fisher, unless it was for a specific QB.

Now that we have him, just have bookend tackles that kick ass for the next 4-5 years and reassess then.

patteeu
05-02-2013, 05:48 PM
I wouldn't trade Fisher, unless it was for a specific QB.

Now that we have him, just have bookend tackles that kick ass for the next 4-5 years and reassess then.

True fan?

KChiefs1
05-02-2013, 05:59 PM
I say in training camp we find who is the better LT & the loser goes to RT?

J Diddy
05-02-2013, 06:01 PM

I say we just sit around and bitch regardless.

penbrook
05-02-2013, 06:05 PM
I say we just sit around and bitch regardless.

When Reid has made it clear that Albert will be the LT.

Hammock Parties
05-02-2013, 06:06 PM

No. The LT will be declared day one so the line can gel. There are never any open competitions at LT. It's stupid.

AdumbGuy
05-02-2013, 06:08 PM
If Fisher is enough of a beast that he warrants a first round pick from somebody else next year, why the fuck would we want to trade said beasty?

patteeu
05-02-2013, 06:08 PM
I figured you out, Direckshun. This is a brilliant ploy to get the people who hated the Chiefs first round draft choice to embrace him by proposing something they will find even more ridiculous. Well played. You're a clever son of a gun.

King_Chief_Fan
05-02-2013, 06:09 PM

THEN BRING IT, BITCHES

stupid stupid stupid.......the QB we want?ROFL turn loose of yourself as Reid and Dorsey have already told you to sit down and shut up

penbrook
05-02-2013, 06:11 PM
If Fisher is enough of a beast that he warrants a first round pick from somebody else next year, why the **** would we want to trade said beasty?

People are just afraid that we will have two beast book end tackles and we havnt had that in awhile. They are so used to having one good person per position group

Nightfyre
05-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Remind me to stop caring about anything Nightfyre says about anything from here on out.

LMAO

KCDC
05-02-2013, 06:20 PM
It would require a second year GM admitting he made a mistake in the first year. Sorry, ain't gonna happen.

Instead, he will give Albert away for peanuts so he can see the lad he selected shine instead. Human nature. Sad but true.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Direckshun, why do you live in a fantasy world with 57 mock drafts and 400 management scenerios ? I think you might just be obsessed !

Sfeihc
05-02-2013, 06:28 PM
All right D, I think I'm following this. Fisher and our #1 next year(& possibly more picks) for our QBOTF who makes RG3 look like Andre Ware. I'm down.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-02-2013, 06:32 PM
All right D, I think I'm following this. Fisher and our #1 next year(& possibly more picks) for our QBOTF who makes RG3 look like Andre Ware. I'm down.

If it means Johnny Manziel, I'm ALL IN ! Won't need no stinkin tackles.

mlyonsd
05-02-2013, 07:26 PM
I figured you out, Direckshun. This is a brilliant ploy to get the people who hated the Chiefs first round draft choice to embrace him by proposing something they will find even more ridiculous. Well played. You're a clever son of a gun.
I think that's exactly what he's doing and looking at 99% of the responses it's worked.

HonestChieffan
05-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Geno wont be worth a 1.1. Bad idea for the genobaters

crossbow
05-02-2013, 07:48 PM
What's all this reckless talk about trading picks? Those picks are reserved for the 49ers so we can convert one of their backup QB's to start for us.

Simply Red
05-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Sorry bud, I have gotten to where I'll only read your 'late night bullshit,' watermarked threads.