PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports No thread for the Mayweather fight?

jjjayb
05-04-2013, 08:39 PM
So far the undercard fights have been fantastic!

stonedstooge
05-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Any way to get it on the computer?

Mr_Tomahawk
05-04-2013, 08:47 PM
boxing is dead

TribalElder
05-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Would love to watch the fight. Mayweather best ever boxer. I don't expect him to lose or he wouldn't have taken the fight lol

TLO
05-04-2013, 09:01 PM
No1curr. Boxing is corrupt.

Sassy Squatch
05-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Only Manny vs Floyd would be enough for me to watch.

CoMoChief
05-04-2013, 09:21 PM
The one and only fight people cared about in boxing, now serves no purpose what so ever in having. Pacman vs. Mayweather was Boxing's last chance to save itself. The fight never happened and Boxing is dead. There's no star power, they've done a horrible job promoting the sport. Most general sports fans couldn't name 5 current boxers if they had to. I mean at best you might be able to throw together a couple/few mexican names in a hat and might come up with a couple current boxers, but you wouldn't know who they were.

-King-
05-04-2013, 09:21 PM

www.firstrow1.eu/sport/boxing-wwe-ufc.html

In58men
05-04-2013, 09:27 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/05/5a5ype3y.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/05/me6uze2e.jpg

Bacon wrapped tri tip for the fight

Pants
05-04-2013, 09:32 PM

xmeforums (you have to donate $3.50 for an HQ stream)

jjjayb
05-04-2013, 09:33 PM
boxing is dead

I've been hearing this for years, yet I watch great fights week in and week out. Tonight being a perfect example. The 3 undercard fights were fantastic tonight.

-King-
05-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Time for the main event

Molitoth
05-04-2013, 09:44 PM

http://www.firstrow1.eu/sport/boxing-wwe-ufc.html

Free.

Just close out all of the ad's.

Shogun
05-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Worst National anthem ive ever heard in my life

AussieChiefsFan
05-04-2013, 09:59 PM
And we're off....

-King-
05-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Guerreo with one.

HoneyBadger
05-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Mayweather will win.

KC_Connection
05-04-2013, 10:22 PM
Mayweather is completely outclassing this guy.

jjjayb
05-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Completely. Guerrero looks like he's moving in slow motion compared to Mayweather.

-King-
05-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Mayweather has great defense but his offense is far below average. Any good punches come on counters. He can never create.

KC_Connection
05-04-2013, 10:42 PM
Mayweather has great defense but his offense is far below average. Any good punches come on counters. He can never create.
Outclassed in all aspects.

KC_Connection
05-04-2013, 10:46 PM
Pretty boring domination.

-King-
05-04-2013, 10:48 PM

Typical Mayweather fight.

jjjayb
05-04-2013, 10:49 PM

As I figured, the undercards were much more exciting. Mayweather fights aren't exactly the most exciting fights to watch.

AussieChiefsFan
05-04-2013, 10:50 PM
Sounds like the biggest dumbass LMAO

arrowheadnation
05-04-2013, 11:31 PM
He's said himself that he's close to retirement. Don't look for him to fight anyone that stands a chance of beating him because going out undefeated is important to him.

TribalElder
05-05-2013, 12:18 AM
He's said himself that he's close to retirement. Don't look for him to fight anyone that stands a chance of beating him because going out undefeated is important to him.

This

He won't fight any real contenders any more

Sorter
05-05-2013, 12:29 AM
This

He won't fight any real contenders any more

He would for the right money.

Sadly, even a matchup with Pac wouldn't draw the amount he wants. He could have outpointed Pac and made an obscene amount just a year ago but declined (for valid reasons).

WhiteWhale
05-05-2013, 05:15 AM
No1curr. Boxing is corrupt.

ROFL

Says someone on an NFL football forum.

All sports are corrupt.

The problem with boxing is less the corruption and more the fact that you don't get the marquee fights anymore because good fighters duck each other like punks to protect their records.

WhiteWhale
05-05-2013, 05:16 AM
As I figured, the undercards were much more exciting. Mayweather fights aren't exactly the most exciting fights to watch.

I hate watching his boring ass fights.

KC native
05-05-2013, 12:46 PM
LOL this is about the type of thread I expected from this fight.

Even the Floyd ball washers have died down about his ducking opponents. Floyd outclassed Guerrero but that's because Guerrero shouldn't have been there.

Floyd is also already starting his ducking campaign for Canelo. They asked him after fight if he would take on Canelo and Floyd said "Let me get home and rest and then I'll make the decision."

Rausch
05-05-2013, 01:11 PM
He would for the right money.

No, he won't.

The best chance for a big money day has come and gone.

He's a punch-ducking bitch...

WhawhaWhat
05-07-2013, 10:54 AM

Even the Floyd ball washers have died down about his ducking opponents. Floyd outclassed Guerrero but that's because Guerrero shouldn't have been there.

Floyd is also already starting his ducking campaign for Canelo. They asked him after fight if he would take on Canelo and Floyd said "Let me get home and rest and then I'll make the decision."

It makes no sense for Mayweather to answer that question. He wants to fight the next guy that will earn him the most money. I doubt he knows that 5 minutes after the fight, and he doesn't want to lock himself into something by throwing out a name.

kcxiv
05-07-2013, 11:01 AM
It makes no sense for Mayweather to answer that question. He wants to fight the next guy that will earn him the most money. I doubt he knows that 5 minutes after the fight, and he doesn't want to lock himself into something by throwing out a name.

The fight that will earn him the most MOney is Canelo Alvarez! FLoyd can draw a crowd and Canelo has an insane following and that bandwagon is growing and growing to insane amounts.

The problem is Floyd can fight someone else for a little less money and still win. Canelo has a great chin and is a heavy hitter. The only thing this kid lacks now is tip top conditioning, but he's only 22 years old thats coming in the next year or 2.

WhawhaWhat
05-07-2013, 11:03 AM
The fight that will earn him the most MOney is Canelo Alvarez! FLoyd can draw a crowd and Canelo has an insane following and that bandwagon is growing and growing to insane amounts.

The problem is Floyd can fight someone else for a little less money and still win. Canelo has a great chin and is a heavy hitter. The only thing this kid lacks now is tip top conditioning, but he's only 22 years old thats coming in the next year or 2.

I agree it's Canelo, but it still makes no sense to say that in the ring minutes after the fight. Focus on the fight in front of you, then weigh your options and make a decision about your next fight later. The promotion and PPV buys will still be there.

If Canelo wins 3 rounds against Floyd, I'll be shocked.

kcxiv
05-07-2013, 11:45 AM
I agree it's Canelo, but it still makes no sense to say that in the ring minutes after the fight. Focus on the fight in front of you, then weigh your options and make a decision about your next fight later. The promotion and PPV buys will still be there.

Canelo is fast and big. He will give floyd fits. It would just be interesting cause lets face it, floyd isnt in his prime anymore (its not to say he's not really good) but Canelo is getting better and better and is not even entered his prime yet.

It would be interesting though. I'd say he would have a chance. Then again Floyd knows that, thats why he didnt want to sign anything to fight the kid. So, it wont happen. He wil lend up fighting a 40 year old JMM again.

WhawhaWhat
05-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Canelo is fast and big. He will give floyd fits. It would just be interesting cause lets face it, floyd isnt in his prime anymore (its not to say he's not really good) but Canelo is getting better and better and is not even entered his prime yet.

It would be interesting though. I'd say he would have a chance. Then again Floyd knows that, thats why he didnt want to sign anything to fight the kid. So, it wont happen. He wil lend up fighting a 40 year old JMM again.

Floyd is his own promoter essentially so he would have to work out the details before signing to fight anyone. Golden Boy works for Floyd, not the other way around. It's not like Pacquaio/Marquez where Bob Arum figures that all out for them, and also takes a huge cut for himself.

kcxiv
05-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Floyd is his own promoter essentially so he would have to work out the details before signing to fight anyone. Golden Boy works for Floyd, not the other way around. It's not like Pacquaio/Marquez where Bob Arum figures that all out for them, and also takes a huge cut for himself.

Canelo would fight floyd for pretty cheap! he's 22. He can afford to not have a insane payday. He's not Manny. The fight can be made EASILY. Its just if Floyd wants too or not, which he doesnt.

Also, the fight supposedly drew under a million buys, which is fucking horrible, the fans are now saying fuck you floyd fight someone worth it. lol

WhawhaWhat
05-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Canelo would fight floyd for pretty cheap! he's 22. He can afford to not have a insane payday. He's not Manny. The fight can be made EASILY. Its just if Floyd wants too or not, which he doesnt.

I think they will fight in Sept, but like I said before, you don't accept that fight until you know all the details and 5 minutes after a fight isn't the time for that.

KC native
05-07-2013, 11:57 AM

The ducking of Canelo started once Mayweather wouldn't agree to the September fight. Floyd verbally agreed with Canelo's camp that in exchange for being on Floyd's Cinco De Mayo card that Floyd would agree to a September 16th weekend fight. Once it came time to put the pen to the paper Floyd backed out of a commitment to fight Canelo in September.

Floyd won't take the fight though. He doesn't give a ahit about boxing fans. He just wants a 0 in the loss column and some big paychecks for fighting people who have no business in the ring with him.

Floyd knows Canelo has the speed and power to knock him out. He can take the plan that Cotto had and actually execute it to a win. Canelo came out against Trout to silence his critics who said he couldn't fight defensively and to show Floyd he was ready to step up to that level.

WhawhaWhat
05-07-2013, 12:02 PM
The ducking of Canelo started once Mayweather wouldn't agree to the September fight. Floyd verbally agreed with Canelo's camp that in exchange for being on Floyd's Cinco De Mayo card that Floyd would agree to a September 16th weekend fight. Once it came time to put the pen to the paper Floyd backed out of a commitment to fight Canelo in September.

Floyd won't take the fight though. He doesn't give a ahit about boxing fans. He just wants a 0 in the loss column and some big paychecks for fighting people who have no business in the ring with him.

Floyd knows Canelo has the speed and power to knock him out. He can take the plan that Cotto had and actually execute it to a win. Canelo came out against Trout to silence his critics who said he couldn't fight defensively and to show Floyd he was ready to step up to that level.

Where is the contract that was offered?

kcxiv
05-07-2013, 12:04 PM
it was just a contract that the next fight for both of them if they both won, that they would fight one another. FLoyd said he'd do it, if Canelo fought Trout on the undercard. So when Canelo was advised to get it in writing. Floyd said naw. So Canelo pulled out.

KC native
05-07-2013, 12:11 PM
it was just a contract that the next fight for both of them if they both won, that they would fight one another. FLoyd said he'd do it, if Canelo fought Trout on the undercard. So when Canelo was advised to get it in writing. Floyd said naw. So Canelo pulled out.

Yes. Floyd wanted Canelo for the PPV numbers and only that. He has no intention of fighting Canelo.

Alex Smith 4Ever
05-07-2013, 03:48 PM

Floyd would crush Canelo. And after he does, everyone will talk about how Canelo was too young and how Floyd is ducking the new fighter they've decided to prop up

KC native
05-07-2013, 04:06 PM
Floyd would crush Canelo. And after he does, everyone will talk about how Canelo was too young and how Floyd is ducking the new fighter they've decided to prop up

This tells me you don't actually watch boxing. Floyd hasn't crushed anyond in a longtime. Canelo has the power to hurt Floyd and the speed to keep Floyd from just running aroumd the ring. He also showed in the Trout fight that he has enough head movement to not be hit.

WhawhaWhat
05-07-2013, 04:16 PM
This tells me you don't actually watch boxing. Floyd hasn't crushed anyond in a longtime. Canelo has the power to hurt Floyd and the speed to keep Floyd from just running aroumd the ring. He also showed in the Trout fight that he has enough head movement to not be hit.

Does Canelo win over/under 3.5 rounds against Mayweather? I say under.

kcxiv
05-07-2013, 04:27 PM

beat him by rounds maybe, but crush him? **** no. Floyd couldnt even knock out the Ghost. lol He's not going to hurt Saul. Beat him by his defensive style? possibly, but crush, no ****ing way.

KC native
05-07-2013, 05:25 PM
Does Canelo win over/under 3.5 rounds against Mayweather? I say under.

Over easily. It will be a close fight.

Alex Smith 4Ever
05-07-2013, 06:43 PM

Floyd just crushed Guerrero after a year long layoff. What hasn't happened in a long time is someone actually hurting Floyd

KC native
05-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Floyd just crushed Guerrero after a year long layoff. What hasn't happened in a long time is someone actually hurting Floyd

Crushed? You are a fucking idiot. Floyd popped him with one punch here and there. If Guerrero would have been able to do something other than just move forward it would have been a fight. It was quite possibly Floyd's most boring fights (which is sad because he looked to be in tremendous condition).

Just admit it. You only watch Floyd PPV fights and have never seen Canelo fight.

Also, the public is getting tired of his hand picked bs fights. Floyd didn't even hit 1 million in PPV numbers.

Alex Smith 4Ever
05-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Crushed? You are a fucking idiot. Floyd popped him with one punch here and there. If Guerrero would have been able to do something other than just move forward it would have been a fight. It was quite possibly Floyd's most boring fights (which is sad because he looked to be in tremendous condition).

Just admit it. You only watch Floyd PPV fights and have never seen Canelo fight.

Also, the public is getting tired of his hand picked bs fights. Floyd didn't even hit 1 million in PPV numbers.

Why should Floyd even fight Canelo? Canelo can't make 147 and at 154 he'd rehydrate up to at least 170. Floyd doesn't go over 150. How about Canelo fight someone 20 pounds heavier?

And he did hit one million
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/floyd-mayweather-ppv-exceed-one-million-buys-010600050.html

kcxiv
05-11-2013, 11:50 AM
Why should Floyd even fight Canelo? Canelo can't make 147 and at 154 he'd rehydrate up to at least 170. Floyd doesn't go over 150. How about Canelo fight someone 20 pounds heavier?

And he did hit one million
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/floyd-mayweather-ppv-exceed-one-million-buys-010600050.html

Floyds foughtcat 154 a few times.

KC native
05-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Floyds foughtcat 154 a few times.

Facts don't matter to Floyd ball washers.

Saul Good
05-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Boxing is dying....and Floyds hand picked fights are sending it to the grave quicker than ever.

Yep. This is the only intriguing fight left in my mind.

Mayweather vs Tomato Can has been done too many times.

KC native
05-11-2013, 05:33 PM
Boxing is dying....and Floyds hand picked fights are sending it to the grave quicker than ever.

There is actually quite a few up and coming fighters for the first time in awhile. Canelo is first and foremost. Broner, Abner Mares, Leo Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Trout (depsite losing to Caenlo, he can box) are all entertaining fighters.

Floyd either needs to retire or start taking real fights instead of his hand picked bullshit.

In58men
05-29-2013, 08:20 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/30/4usyjuby.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/30/e2adaved.jpg

It's going to be one hell of a fight. Best available fighter right

Saul Good
05-29-2013, 08:36 PM
That is literally the only fight in the world I want to see other than Vlad vs Vitale.

WhawhaWhat
05-29-2013, 08:45 PM
Never doubted that fight would happen. Biggest money fight there is out there for him.

In58men
05-29-2013, 08:45 PM
That is literally the only fight in the world I want to see other than Vlad vs Vitale.

It's going to be epic. One not to miss.

-King-
05-29-2013, 09:15 PM
It will be another Mayweather snoozer.

Saul Good
05-29-2013, 09:16 PM

I don't think so.

KC native
05-29-2013, 09:27 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/30/4usyjuby.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/30/e2adaved.jpg

It's going to be one hell of a fight. Best available fighter right

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

KC native
05-29-2013, 09:30 PM

Wrong. Canelo is the only fighter around Floyd's fighting weights that has a legitimate shot to beat Floyd. He has the speed to keep Floyd from circling the ring and the power to hurt Floyd. His defense, as evidenced by his last fight, is also good enough to get out of the way of Floyd's counters.

KC native
05-29-2013, 09:30 PM
It's going to be epic. One not to miss.

Yes. I will actually buy this one at my house instead of heading to the sports bar.

kcxiv
05-29-2013, 10:13 PM
I think floyds weak pay per view numbers for the last fight had a lot to do with this fight.

Still never thought this would happen.

Buck
05-29-2013, 10:22 PM
WOW!

KC native
05-29-2013, 10:54 PM
I think floyds weak pay per view numbers for the last fight had a lot to do with this fight.

Still never thought this would happen.

This. Showtime definitely lost money on his last fight.

In58men
06-23-2013, 01:36 AM
http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/apple/video.php?v=wshh9RSCkZq9CHp6w8d6

We have another Floyd Mayweather on our hands. Same cockiness

stonedstooge
06-23-2013, 06:20 AM
http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/apple/video.php?v=wshh9RSCkZq9CHp6w8d6

We have another Floyd Mayweather on our hands. Same cockiness

If Paulie Malignaggi had any snap on his punches, he would have knocked the shit out of Broner. Dudes going to have a legion of haters with his antics.

LoneWolf
06-23-2013, 06:35 AM
All these fighters trying to be Muhammad Ali, but not one of them comes close to pulling it off. They just come off as ghetto fabulous douchebags.