PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs All the Knile Davis one man can tolerate.

Direckshun
05-06-2013, 10:36 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/stZAgKVID6o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Micjones
05-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Credit to Lyle Graversen over at Arrowhead Addict.

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2013/05/06/knile-davis-kansas-citys-newest-weapon/

Chiefshrink
05-06-2013, 11:37 PM
Almost Bo Jackson speed with Terrell Davis shiftiness. I like it !!!:drool:

Fritz88
05-06-2013, 11:38 PM
He'll probably be like Moeaki. Impressed first few games then disappeared with injuries.

xztop123
05-06-2013, 11:55 PM
Reminds me of bo jackson, no shiftiness or moves... just varying levels of fast

Chiefshrink
05-07-2013, 12:00 AM

Look closer there is all kinds of shiftiness:thumb:

xztop123
05-07-2013, 12:00 AM
this is the pick im most excited to watch play out of all of this years selections. unique style and unique bodymass/speed combo

xztop123
05-07-2013, 12:03 AM
Look closer there is all kinds of shiftiness:thumb:

I guess thats what shiftiness is then.. shifting gears of speed in order to elude defenders rather than actually shifting angles

ChiefAshhole20
05-07-2013, 12:03 AM
Our whole offseason does seem like we are gearing towards running the ball with acquiring Fisher, two tight ends who excel in blocking, and a 3rd round pick on a RB. But will Andy be able to keep himself from wanting to throw the ball?? I see alot of screens in our future to JC/Dex/KD with our TE's and OT's blocking in space.

AussieChiefsFan
05-07-2013, 12:14 AM
If he can stay on the field, he should be pretty good.

Sofa King
05-07-2013, 01:54 AM
Almost Bo Jackson speed with Terrell Davis shiftiness. I like it !!!:drool:

LMAO LMAO

xztop123
05-07-2013, 02:42 AM
LMAO LMAO

pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=489

Kniles BMI is 32.6 and his 40 time is much higher than anyone with that BMI. Only Bo Jackson can compare. (you cannot use jackie battle type comparisons because his height lowers his overall BMI.)

salame
05-07-2013, 03:23 AM
bryce brown

ChiefAshhole20
05-07-2013, 03:27 AM
Darren Mcfadden

ChiefGator
05-07-2013, 03:44 AM
Somewhere between Jackie Battle and Bo Jackson.

BlackHelicopters
05-07-2013, 05:37 AM
He is Ed Podolak.

Wilson8
05-07-2013, 05:46 AM
This has probably already been posted in an earlier Knile Davis thread, but this is an in depth analysis of Mr. Davis from Football Outsiders.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2013/futures-arkansas-rb-knile-davis

Nickel D
05-07-2013, 06:00 AM
Knile's nickname is "Knives" 'cuz of his cutting skills.

ptlyon
05-07-2013, 06:09 AM
Alex Smith sucks

King_Chief_Fan
05-07-2013, 06:09 AM
He will probably be what he showed in 2012....not much to get excited about

Canofbier
05-07-2013, 06:17 AM
There are some neat highlights in that video (he's very fast for his size, and his cuts are quick and decisive). That being said, it worries me a bit how the lion's share of highlights came from the Ryan Mallett years. We'll see how he does post-injury in the NFL soon enough.

Rausch
05-07-2013, 06:52 AM
This has probably already been posted in an earlier Knile Davis thread, but this is an in depth analysis of Mr. Davis from Football Outsiders.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2013/futures-arkansas-rb-knile-davis

If an NFL team selects Davis in the first three rounds of this draft, it will be a telling indication that they relied more on Davis’ Combine performance –- and to some degree sabermetrics –- than the opinions of scouts and draft analysts who lean hard on the game tape.

:facepalm:

notorious
05-07-2013, 07:22 AM
I am going to trust the eye test, and I don't see a lot to get excited about.

ChiTown
05-07-2013, 07:24 AM
Not excited. Sorry, but that was a fuck'd pick from the word go.

Chiefshrink
05-07-2013, 07:24 AM
I guess thats what shiftiness is then.. shifting gears of speed in order to elude defenders rather than actually shifting angles

No, in some of the highlights watch how quick his feet are when cutting, either running between the tackles or in the open field:thumb:

suds79
05-07-2013, 07:29 AM
Injury prone and coming off a 3. something YPC in college.

I'm sorry but excuse me if I temper my excitement until I actually see him do something in KC red. Just sayin.

ChiTown
05-07-2013, 07:32 AM
Injury prone and coming off a 3. something YPC in college.

I'm sorry but excuse me if I temper my excitement until I actually see him do something in KC red. Just sayin.

Yep. Workout warrior who looks great in his uni. The Chiefs got Combine'd

Rausch
05-07-2013, 07:33 AM

Always do...

Three7s
05-07-2013, 07:34 AM
I am going to trust the eye test, and I don't see a lot to get excited about.
This

He ran a 4.3? Not seeing that kind of speed in this video. Just looks like another dime a dozen RB. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but no reason to assume he'll do anything as a Chief.

ChiefAshhole20
05-07-2013, 07:36 AM
He's fast, but I don't see that breakaway gear that speed guys like Charles, Johnson, and Peterson have. I'm hoping that will change once he gets our solid ass O-line in front of him, but for now, I'd rather us have picked Lattimore if we were going to have a injury plagued back.

the Talking Can
05-07-2013, 07:40 AM
reminds me of eric kush

ChiefsCountry
05-07-2013, 07:45 AM

His sophomore year without John L. Smith he averaged 6.3 yards in the SEC.
Posted via Mobile Device

Messier
05-07-2013, 07:55 AM
Always do...

Reid and Dorsey always do?

MahiMike
05-07-2013, 08:00 AM
The hard part in watching all these videos is that it seems like Arkansas' OL looks so good. There's some big holes there.

That said, I saw some moves he made on his own once he got in space. A RB from the SEC can't be bad.

One truly good thing I saw was a guy that has a nose for the end zone and 1st downs. Maybe we finally have the back that can 'MOVE THOSE CHAINS!'.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-07-2013, 08:19 AM
If only Manziel was handing him the football this year ! ;)

Chiefshrink
05-07-2013, 08:28 AM
This

He ran a 4.3? Not seeing that kind of speed in this video. Just looks like another dime a dozen RB. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but no reason to assume he'll do anything as a Chief.

Then you didn't see the latter part of that video then. He broke off several long ones that were Bo-esque.

I get everyone's concerns as they are fair, BUT if this kid stays healthy LOOKOUT !!

Brock
05-07-2013, 08:34 AM
One truly good thing I saw was a guy that has a nose for the end zone and 1st downs. Maybe we finally have the back that can 'MOVE THOSE CHAINS!'.

Yeah! Finally! Jfc

Lightrise
05-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Count me in the criticism column. I am totally unimpressed. I think he's slow, I do not think he is all that shifty either. He's a boring runner and far, far below NFL standards. Perhaps Charles has spoiled me, Priest too, but they need somebody else to do the running back scouting.

Dave Lane
05-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Get his bust ready.

It will fit nicely a couple shelves down from Jamarcus Russel.

wazu
05-07-2013, 08:50 AM
TRADE CHARLES.

Canofbier
05-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Count me in the criticism column. I am totally unimpressed. I think he's slow, I do not think he is all that shifty either. He's a boring runner and far, far below NFL standards. Perhaps Charles has spoiled me, Priest too, but they need somebody else to do the running back scouting.

:spock:

Find me another recent NFL RB prospect with his combination of weight and speed, if you can.

ChiTown
05-07-2013, 08:59 AM
His sophomore year without John L. Smith he averaged 6.3 yards in the SEC.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sure. He also does what a RB can't do very often - fumble. That's a problem

COchief
05-07-2013, 09:15 AM
I really wanted to be excited about this video and pick...but the below is what I saw:

-He needs to go to the Shanahan school for RBs, one cut and hit the gas. He gave up a lot of yardage by being indecisive and dancing around.

-Where is this speed from the combine, he looked a lot like Larry Johnson in his last couple seasons here to me.

-How many broken tackles in that entire video? One on the sideline, maybe one where the guy bounced off of him but he still got tackled for a loss.

-Hilarious that one of the first plays showcasing his "power" was a DB stuffing him near the goal line. He probably had 30-40 lbs on that guy.

-Don't forget about that maroon colored team's line, some of those holes were huge, if this guy really had football talent he should have blown up last year.

-If he tries to dance around and tippy toe like he does behind blockers in the NFL he will get lit up and we'll see that fumbling problem shortly. Priest Holmes he is not...

Overall a very disappointing video and nothing I saw looked any more impressive than what Droughns did in preseason last year. Hopeful he can be used effectively and Reid has a fairly solid record when it comes to picking RBs, but I am very skeptical at this point. Would have much preferred a talented DB/ILB/WR with that pick without digging in to who was available.

Beef Supreme
05-07-2013, 09:50 AM
The good news is, he can wear #7 and we can forget about the fact that some quarterbacks wear that number.

O.city
05-07-2013, 09:55 AM
I really wanted to be excited about this video and pick...but the below is what I saw:

-He needs to go to the Shanahan school for RBs, one cut and hit the gas. He gave up a lot of yardage by being indecisive and dancing around.

-Where is this speed from the combine, he looked a lot like Larry Johnson in his last couple seasons here to me.

-How many broken tackles in that entire video? One on the sideline, maybe one where the guy bounced off of him but he still got tackled for a loss.

-Hilarious that one of the first plays showcasing his "power" was a DB stuffing him near the goal line. He probably had 30-40 lbs on that guy.

-Don't forget about Alabama's line, some of those holes were huge, if this guy really had football talent he should have blown up last year.

-If he tries to dance around and tippy toe like he does behind blockers in the NFL he will get lit up and we'll see that fumbling problem shortly. Priest Holmes he is not...

Overall a very disappointing video and nothing I saw looked any more impressive than what Droughns did in preseason last year. Hopeful he can be used effectively and Reid has a fairly solid record when it comes to picking RBs, but I am very skeptical at this point. Would have much preferred a talented DB/ILB/WR with that pick without digging in to who was available.

He played at Arkansas

ceebz
05-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Ugh, I see nothing to get excited about at all. He doesn't seem terribly powerful, or all that fast. Certainly not a power back.

With his upright running style, I can see why he has issues with fumbles/injuries.

Brock
05-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Nobody here heralded Jamaal Charles as anything special either, so maybe we can just wait and see.

silver5liter
05-07-2013, 10:09 AM
He played at Arkansas

And their line sucks nuts lol

WhawhaWhat
05-07-2013, 10:15 AM
Don't forget about Alabama's line, some of those holes were huge, if this guy really had football talent he should have blown up last year.

:banghead:

ModSocks
05-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Completely unimpressed. He dances laterally too much, doesn't have any burst and is often tackled by the first defender. That was one of the worst highlight videos i've ever seen for a RB, tbh. Im more excited about Cyrus Gray.

With that said, you never know what a RB is going to do in the NFL, so im not going to try to predict how productive he will be. Hopefully he'll be very productive, but his highlight reel was "meh".

ChiTown
05-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Nobody here heralded Jamaal Charles as anything special either, so maybe we can just wait and see.

Honestly, I don't have a huge problem with the Chiefs draft accept for this pick. If we were going to go offense in the 3rd, I would much rather have had a WR than a RB. It just makes no sense to me.

Bootlegged
05-07-2013, 10:52 AM
CHIEFSPLANET TALENT EVALUATORS HAVE SPOKEN.

Other great hits from Chiefsplanet talent evaluators include:

1.) Jimmy Clausen - he will tear this league up as a rookie.
2.) Ricky Stanzi - dude can flat out play.
3.) Mother#@@you - Cannot believe you picked Tamba Hali
4.) Sippio will lead the league in TD's
5.) Jamal Charles is too skinny to play in the NFL.

COchief
05-07-2013, 11:22 AM
:banghead:

Fixed just for you, as if it really mattered or affected any of my points. Still looks like a slightly faster yet more pussified version of LJ to me.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-07-2013, 12:23 PM
The negativity on this board is overwhelming. From what I see he will be a good back as long as he resolves his fumbling issues. we should have a beast of a line to create some space.

Pitt Gorilla
05-07-2013, 12:39 PM
:spock:

Find me another recent NFL RB prospect with his combination of weight and speed, if you can.honestly, I hope he's not frank Moreau.

Oxford
05-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Our whole offseason does seem like we are gearing towards running the ball with acquiring Fisher, two tight ends who excel in blocking, and a 3rd round pick on a RB. But will Andy be able to keep himself from wanting to throw the ball?? I see alot of screens in our future to JC/Dex/KD with our TE's and OT's blocking in space.

Looks like a dangerous back on draws, kind of like Priest after Saunders figured out what he had

Sorter
05-07-2013, 02:47 PM
I understand not liking Davis due to his issues with ball security and injury history.

The upside however, is awesome.

ChiefsCountry
05-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Sure. He also does what a RB can't do very often - fumble. That's a problem

Fumbling can be corrected. Lots of backs over the years had trouble with it and got it corrected.

Halfcan
05-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Butcher Knife Davis will Dominate!!

Nightfyre
05-07-2013, 04:46 PM
I would rather have drafted Lattimore or Franklin. Davis is less explosive that he was in 2010 and he does not possess great vision. Lack of vision + lack of burst = fail. Also, lack of vision + lack of burst = chiefsplanet? Therefore Chiefsplanet=fail? :(

notorious
05-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Butter Knife Davis will Dominate!!

Fyp

mikey23545
05-07-2013, 05:23 PM
CHIEFSPLANET TALENT EVALUATORS HAVE SPOKEN.

Other great hits from Chiefsplanet talent evaluators include:

1.) Jimmy Clausen - he will tear this league up as a rookie.
2.) Ricky Stanzi - dude can flat out play.
3.) Mother#@@you - Cannot believe you picked Tamba Hali
4.) Sippio will lead the league in TD's
5.) Jamal Charles is too skinny to play in the NFL.

Weird - I seem to be the only one who can see your post.

xztop123
05-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Again, his Body Mass Index is 32.6. Thats very high, compare it to another freak athlete Vernon Davis, But Vernons BMI is 30. (vernon was still slower)

A 30+ BMI is "obese" by medical standards.

I really can't find a single person who beats Knile Davis in both BMI and 40 time or is really close other than Vernon Davis.

xztop123
05-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Maurice Jones-Drew has a high BMI and 40 time. I didn't know he timed that well

Pasta Little Brioni
05-08-2013, 07:50 AM
The guy is a freak. Pretty impressive when healthy. Again, you guys are wierd with your evaluations sometimes.

Saccopoo
05-08-2013, 08:05 AM
If his ankles hold up (which simply could have been a result of a younger, growing body that wasn't able to keep up with that much muscle and strength), this guy has all the potential to be an absolute beast.

They said he lost his burst this past season, but he was nursing yet another ankle injury and wasn't at 100%. However, by the time the combine rolls around, he throws out a 4.35 40 yard dash. That's a pretty significant burst by anyone, let alone a guy who is 235 lbs.

It's a boom/bust pick on a guy who has a chance to be a big time red zone playmaker. (An area where Charles somewhat struggles.) You'd think that we'd be a little more excited to get guys like this on the roster after Pioli's "try hard" type of picks.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-08-2013, 08:20 AM
It's a late 3rd. I fine with a boom/buster there.

Direckshun
05-08-2013, 11:03 AM
http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2012/01/10/Arkansas-Davis-to-return-next-season-KPQPU6A-x-large.jpg

http://www.uatrav.com/media/2011/10/KnileDavis_2.jpg

http://www.eldoradonews.com/content/uploads/pictures/2012/07/hogs-football-sports_039.jpg

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/96/965754.jpg

Halfcan
05-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Charles and Butcher Knife are going to running wild behind our line this year.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Especially the Charmin Soft Broncos