PDA

View Full Version : Anybody care about today's cuts

DaWolf
08-21-2000, 11:21 PM
What do you guys think of today's cuts? I think these were all pretty predictable. I think the "shockers" will come at the next cut. Shehee, Gray, Graham, J. Smith are all on a bubble.

[This message has been edited by AZChief (edited 08-22-2000).]

The-Man
08-21-2000, 11:24 PM
No great losses today, some more to come tomorrow as well I guess. Should be pretty dull.

DaWolf
08-21-2000, 11:35 PM
I agree. I wonder if any big names will be released. I was thinking for a while that Moon may be cut because of his age and retirement announcement. However, it looks like he's at least the third best QB on our squad. White has shown absolutely nothing and Collins has only been slightly better. I'd expect White to be left unprotected on the practice squad.

The-Man
08-21-2000, 11:39 PM
AZ - I think the RB position will be the most intersting to watch. Last week we had a ton of people ready to give Moreau the starting job, this week he played as well as he did in week 1, nothing impressive. Lots of news has Anders on the bubble.

DaWolf
08-21-2000, 11:41 PM
I'd hate to see Kimble get cut. He sounded (had to listen on net http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/frown.gif ) like he played pretty well. Hopefully, he'll stand out in the last couple of weeks and we all know that Gun is loyal to a fault...

The-Man
08-21-2000, 11:46 PM
He looked pretty fast in the game, which was pretty cool. I would hate to see him let go as well, it will be interesting.

25or6to4
08-21-2000, 11:47 PM
i don't think anders will be cut. i am not really that impressed with moreau(sp). maybe i have just missed his good runs. i don't pay close attention to the preseason. from what i have seen of moreau(sp) is that he hasn't yet learned to look at where he's running. i can think of at least three plays where he just ran into the pile instead of cutting and making a move
just my 2 cents

------------------
~Thats why they call me slim shady~

Tom_Barndts_Twin
08-22-2000, 09:57 AM
The cuts didnt bother me because it didnt seem as if we were losing anyone significant. I would however like to keep around Germaine Stringer on the practice squad. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/confused.gif

Fort Chief
08-22-2000, 10:53 AM
These cuts didn't mean much to me...I'm waiting for the next round of cuts.I'm hoping they don't cut Anders,at least not this year.As for the backup QB's I'm not so sure we shouldn't cut them all....they all look bad!But of course I know we can't do that.I was not impressed at all with Collins,Moons to darn old,and White {even tho he has a cannon of a arm}seems to not be up to the challenge either....I think it could be a very long season if Elvis goes down.