PDA

View Full Version : Football Eagles release WR Marvin McNutt

Mr. Laz
05-14-2013, 09:38 AM
Eagles release WR Marvin McNutt

Posted by Mike Wilkening on May 14, 2013, 11:25 AM EDT

AP
The Eagles released second-year wide receiver Marvin McNutt on Tuesday, the club said.

The announcement of McNutt’s departure came as the club confirmed the addition of running back Felix Jones, news of which emerged earlier in the day. Jones signed a one-year contract, the team said.

The 23-year-old McNutt was a sixth-round pick of Philadelphia in 2012. He spent most of his rookie season on the practice squad but was added to the active roster on November 30. McNutt (6-2, 216) appeared in four games for the Eagles.

Jones, who had a five-season stint with Dallas, is participating in the Eagles’ Tuesday OTAs, the club said.

tooge
05-14-2013, 09:40 AM
As lame as the receiving corps is, I'd bring him in for a look for sure. He knows the offense somewhat, and is young.

Rasputin
05-14-2013, 09:43 AM
How many camp fodders are teams allowed to have?

jd1020
05-14-2013, 09:45 AM
How many camp fodders are teams allowed to have?

No more than 3 Hawkeyes.

With Moeaki, Stanzi, and now Castillo, we are all booked up.

the Talking Can
05-14-2013, 09:49 AM
iowa players suck

ptlyon
05-14-2013, 09:51 AM
It's just McNutty!

Frazod
iowa players suck

Seriously. Hopefully we'll be Iowa free by the end of training camp.

Mr_Tomahawk
Stanzi will be joining him soon...

tooge
05-14-2013, 09:52 AM
I thought people were hoping we'd take a flyer on this kid in the draft?

jd1020
05-14-2013, 09:54 AM

BossChief did, for obvious reasons.

Most people wanted one of the 2 from Arkansas.

the Talking Can
05-14-2013, 09:55 AM

people who attend state fairs

HemiEd
05-14-2013, 09:59 AM
The guy has to be tough going through life with a moniker like that.

bevischief
05-14-2013, 10:01 AM
That's nutts.

Chief Roundup
05-14-2013, 10:06 AM
people who attend state fairs

I don't remember the majority of people wanting this dude.

RealSNR
05-14-2013, 10:06 AM
Iowa ribbing aside, he looked pretty promising coming out of the draft. Not like a superstar stud or anything, but there's no reason why he couldn't have been a solid contributor to any football team.

The people ripping on the dude right now are only doing so after the fact. I imagine before McNutt got drafted they would have been intrigued by what he could possibly do

Phobia
05-14-2013, 10:31 AM
I don't give a crap about McNutt one way or another but I'm noticing the Iowa trolling. I'm not mad. But I'll remember. When you need me for some stupid crap in the future, I'm gonna troll back. It's more fun that way.

notorious
05-14-2013, 10:44 AM
Bring him in to push Baldwin?

bevischief
05-14-2013, 10:47 AM
Why not?

jspchief
05-14-2013, 11:17 AM
I said before he was drafted that I didn't think he was an NFL receiver. I remember Bosschief was pimping him (shocker!).

The guy never looked like a great receiver in college. How he put up the stats he did is beyond me. Maybe being the only receiving target (Moeaki was in the tub) with no running game. Just never passed the eye test for me.

mcaj22
05-14-2013, 11:24 AM
the goal is to shed this team of all the crappy Iowa players not add more onto it.

I trust Andy that by the start of the season we will be free off all Iowa turds on this roster

beach tribe
05-14-2013, 11:24 AM
I thought he looked like a decent prospect.

jspchief
05-14-2013, 11:27 AM
the goal is to shed this team of all the crappy Iowa players not add more onto it.

I trust Andy that by the start of the season we will be free off all Iowa turds on this roster

I think Philly has quite a few Hawkeyes on its roster from Reid's time there.

mcaj22
05-14-2013, 11:30 AM
I think Philly has quite a few Hawkeyes on its roster from Reid's time there.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/phi/roster

currently 1,

Chip signed Bradley Fletcher this offseason so hes not an Andy Reid credit.

Hoover
05-14-2013, 11:48 AM
I'm a McNutt homer. I'd love for the Chiefs to give him a look. Nice big target, good hands, and can go up and get the ball. With Alex Smith at QB I think he would be a good fit.

ptlyon
05-14-2013, 01:07 PM
Hoover says he will blow a McNutt if we sign him

Sorter
05-14-2013, 01:09 PM
No reason not to bring that guy to camp.

Unless you're bringing Tori Gurley instead.

Graystoke
05-14-2013, 01:11 PM
Not a Mcnutt homer, but I thought he was promising.
Oh well

BlackHelicopters
05-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Bring him in to push Baldwin?

ROFL

jspchief
05-14-2013, 01:37 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/phi/roster

currently 1,

Chip signed Bradley Fletcher this offseason so hes not an Andy Reid credit.

Guess I was wrong. I'm still pretty sure Reid has had his fair share of Iowa players. It's not like he's averse to it.

mcaj22
05-14-2013, 01:46 PM
Guess I was wrong. I'm still pretty sure Reid has had his fair share of Iowa players. It's not like he's averse to it.

Iowa has some pretty good players in the NFL, its just that we happen to have none of those.

jspchief
05-14-2013, 01:50 PM
Iowa has some pretty good players in the NFL, its just that we happen to have none of those.

Yes

O.city
05-14-2013, 01:51 PM
I could see Moeaki being a surprise cut.

ptlyon
05-14-2013, 02:00 PM
I think we are waiting on the terms of the contract to get cleared up.

He is asking for all the KC mcdonalds to change the name of their McNuggets to McNutts.

notorious
05-14-2013, 02:04 PM

New England picks him up to replace Gronk and goes on to become HOFer.

RealSNR
05-14-2013, 02:32 PM
No reason not to bring that guy to camp.

Unless you're bringing Tori Gurley instead.

Definitely would rather have Gurley.

If we keep 6 WRs (after Bowe, Avery, McCluster (yuck), Baldwin (meh), and Copper) our reasonable choices are Wylie (a brokedick nobody), Hemingway (absolutely no clue... total wild card) and Tardy Mardy.

I think Gurley could definitely beat out all of those guys.

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 02:45 PM

If I'm not mistaken, was Andy Reid not the same coach he drafted/Signed both Julian Vandevelde and Marvin McNutt in the same draft? Or in back to back years?

Honestly what I think will happen in camp this year will play out something like this.

Stanzi shows to be the more NFL ready QB for the roster by comparison to Bray, Bray is a completely developmental talent who couldn't start this year if our lives depended on it. Stanzi ends up being on par with Chase for Backup roles, by the start of the season Stanzi ends up QB 3 and doesnt' dress, Bray goes to the practice squad since we can basically store Bray there this year. We end up keeping all 4 QB's and not having to terminate a contract.

I'd be completely surprised if Stanzi gets cut at all. Too cheap of a contract to terminate for a guy who has never been given a chance to prove himself.

Come the 2014 season, I wouldn't be surprised if we cut Chase and Bray/Stanzi fought for the QB2 role behind Alex.

What I know for sure, though, is that this preseason is going to be an awesome slugfest for the QB spot. In Stanzi's rookie season he looked great in preseason, last season you couldn't discern the difference between him not looking good, and the line just giving up a jailbreak every snap. I fully expect Andy to give Stanzi and Bray a TON of reps in preseason to sort the two out.

As Irony would have it, I'm actually pretty excited for preseason at the Chiefs' QB position hehe.

It certainly would be a surprise cut, considering nobody in their right mind would cut him lol.

Iowanian
05-14-2013, 03:10 PM
I always enjoy the Iowa bashing by the same guys who jerk off to Mizzou, KSU and KU players..............

MCNutt is big and has good hands but he runs weird and isn't fast. I think he'd be called a long strider and isn't quick to full speed.
I wasn't a huge fan of his coming to the NFL(but he was good for Iowa)......but with the turds we have in KC behind #3......

He can't be any worse than Baldwin.

Dante84
05-14-2013, 03:13 PM
Bray wont be a Chief if he goes to the practice squad. Somebody has a shitty QB#3 that can be replaced.

Why not us?

BradBigglestein
05-14-2013, 03:25 PM
In limited time I got to see him play, he didn't stand out as anything special. He just looked slow and sluggish. Kind of was invisible.

I don't see the downside to the Chiefs taking a look at him, though.

salame
05-14-2013, 03:29 PM
iowa players suck

FACT

Iowanian
05-14-2013, 03:38 PM
NO....You suck salame.

no comma.

Marcellus
05-14-2013, 04:04 PM

That would be a surprise because it would be fucking stupid.

RealSNR
05-14-2013, 04:06 PM
That would be a surprise because it would be fucking stupid.

Fasano and Kelce are locks.

Can't make the club in the tub. He HAS to be healthy. And that's to basically claim the TE3 spot if Kelce is as advertised.

DJ's left nut
05-14-2013, 04:10 PM

I'm not sure I'd count that as a surprise at this point.

Anthony Fasano and Kelce are locks.

So the question becomes Demetrius Harris vs. Tony Moeaki. If they're so concerned with Moeaki's durability that they'd use the first pick in the 3rd round on a TE, then they clearly don't have much in the way of long-term plans for Tony. They're not going to carry 4 TEs, IMO.

So if Harris goes out there and excels as a pass-catcher, they could decide that they don't want to risk losing him off the practice squad and put him on the active roster. If they do, it will come at the expense of Moeaki.

It would be disappointing, but ultimately not that surprising. I wouldn't do it as I think you need a a full season removed from a major knee injury to come all the way back (for most guys). Moeaki is likely to be quite good this year, IMO. But in the end, Reid and co clearly don't trust him.

the Talking Can
05-14-2013, 04:18 PM
we could get a couple of fbs for nokaki

O.city
05-14-2013, 04:27 PM
That would be a surprise because it would be ****ing stupid.

Like SNR and DJ have said, he's potentially fighting for the 3rd TE spot and he ain't winning that sitting in the tub all offseason.

O.city
05-14-2013, 04:40 PM
I'm not sure I'd count that as a surprise at this point.

Anthony Fasano and Kelce are locks.

So the question becomes Demetrius Harris vs. Tony Moeaki. If they're so concerned with Moeaki's durability that they'd use the first pick in the 3rd round on a TE, then they clearly don't have much in the way of long-term plans for Tony. They're not going to carry 4 TEs, IMO.

So if Harris goes out there and excels as a pass-catcher, they could decide that they don't want to risk losing him off the practice squad and put him on the active roster. If they do, it will come at the expense of Moeaki.

It would be disappointing, but ultimately not that surprising. I wouldn't do it as I think you need a a full season removed from a major knee injury to come all the way back (for most guys). Moeaki is likely to be quite good this year, IMO. But in the end, Reid and co clearly don't trust him.

The drafting of Kelse and bringing in of Fasano speaks some to how they feel about Moeaki.

Like I said, I'm not sure he makes it on the final 53

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 06:03 PM
Bray wont be a Chief if he goes to the practice squad. Somebody has a shitty QB#3 that can be replaced.

Why not us?

Bray, a 1st/2nd round talent, went undrafted.

Let that one sink in before you get all sure on Bray being snagged by anybody else.

Fasano and Kelce are locks.

Can't make the club in the tub. He HAS to be healthy. And that's to basically claim the TE3 spot if Kelce is as advertised.

They aren't locks, Moeaki > Fasano all day erry day, Kelce is a rookie, nothing to be seen yet. What we know about Moeaki when he is healthy, is that he's one of the best run blocking tight ends in the game, on a team who runs the ball 40 times a game. The kid is athletic, and he's made some great catches, some clutch catches for this team.

His health in the scope here, I don't see them cutting him. He'll be snatched up in seconds if we let him go.

Its entirely possible that Kelce is going to play more of a role similar to Hernandez and just line up all over the field and not always have his hand in the dirt, at least that is what was speculated about him. Fasano is a prototypical TE who could end up moving to Fullback if we really need the room or the position filled. As it sits right now, we don't exactly have a "lock" at fullback, and as much as we like to send TE's in motion in KC, I wouldn't be surprised if a TE ends up filling that position for us.

As it sits right now, Moeaki is TE1. Even though we brought talent in to compete, doesn't mean we brought in talent to replace. Otherwise we'd have gone after Delanie Walker, who would have been an absolutely perfect fit and replacement for Moeaki, and we'd have saved a draft pick.

chiefs1111
05-14-2013, 06:07 PM
Definitely would rather have Gurley.

If we keep 6 WRs (after Bowe, Avery, McCluster (yuck), Baldwin (meh), and Copper) our reasonable choices are Wylie (a brokedick nobody), Hemingway (absolutely no clue... total wild card) and Tardy Mardy.

I think Gurley could definitely beat out all of those guys.

I totally forgot the Chiefs signed Mardy

beach tribe
05-14-2013, 06:10 PM

Why not us?

Yup. Bray is gone the second he hits the PS.

beach tribe
05-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Who the hell is Tardy Mardy?

O.city
05-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Bray, a 1st/2nd round talent, went undrafted.

Let that one sink in before you get all sure on Bray being snagged by anybody else.

They aren't locks, Moeaki > Fasano all day erry day, Kelce is a rookie, nothing to be seen yet. What we know about Moeaki when he is healthy, is that he's one of the best run blocking tight ends in the game, on a team who runs the ball 40 times a game. The kid is athletic, and he's made some great catches, some clutch catches for this team.

His health in the scope here, I don't see them cutting him. He'll be snatched up in seconds if we let him go.

Its entirely possible that Kelce is going to play more of a role similar to Hernandez and just line up all over the field and not always have his hand in the dirt, at least that is what was speculated about him. Fasano is a prototypical TE who could end up moving to Fullback if we really need the room or the position filled. As it sits right now, we don't exactly have a "lock" at fullback, and as much as we like to send TE's in motion in KC, I wouldn't be surprised if a TE ends up filling that position for us.

As it sits right now, Moeaki is TE1. Even though we brought talent in to compete, doesn't mean we brought in talent to replace. Otherwise we'd have gone after Delanie Walker, who would have been an absolutely perfect fit and replacement for Moeaki, and we'd have saved a draft pick.

Sorry, but a free agent this regime brought in and a guy they drafted, are moreso locks than a guy from the previous regime.

TE's in motion in KC? WTF does that mean? Is that a Chief thing?

OrtonsPiercedTaint
05-14-2013, 06:23 PM
I thought the PS team had the option of signing the guy to the 53 before the poaching was official. Some one going to IR or cut to keep Bray seems like a viable option.

RealSNR
05-14-2013, 06:28 PM
Who the hell is Tardy Mardy?

Mardy Gilyard. Was signed earlier in the offseason.

Mecca
05-14-2013, 06:30 PM
Sorry, but a free agent this regime brought in and a guy they drafted, are moreso locks than a guy from the previous regime.

Tony Moeaki is fighting for a roster spot that's just how it is.
Posted via Mobile Device

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 06:59 PM

You must be trolling if you don't know what a TE in motion means.

Point is, Moeaki is one of the best, if not the best blocker in motion (while moving and stuff). Yes, he's been hurt, people get hurt. But when he's healthy, he's our best Tight End, and flashes something special when Mark Casshole wasn't throwing balls 19 feet over his head or into his shoes, or in the backs of the linemen or goal posts.

Moeaki is going to be on the roster, and it would be hard pressed for anyone currently, to take over that #1 spot. Kelce has a chance, for sure, but it won't be immediate, and I'm pretty sure he's going to get used like Hernandez up in New England has been when Gronk was healthy (shock).

As far as the whole incumbent thing goes, lets take a look back, shall we?

How many of you said that Andy Reid coming here, meant we would draft a QB in the first round because "That's what happens when you get a new coach, they draft a new QB 'their guy', and go forward". It didn't happen. We traded for a retread. In fact, just about every time we've had a new coach here in KC, we've picked up a retread instead of doing the whole "New coach, new QB in the draft" shuffle.

It isn't what we do.

The incumbent argument doesn't work, and is only used with prejudice, for people to HOPE to oust a player they don't like.

"Moeaki is always hurt", until he makes a leaping touchdown cach that sets the world on fire, and people love him.

"Stanzi sucks", because he saw a jailbreak all preseason last year and hasn't had a chance to take a single snap in an NFL game, but flashback to 2011 and Stanzi was the best QB for us during the pre-season, over incumbent Mark Casshole. Interesting how the fanbase shifts without logic.

"Bowe sucks" (2009", 2010 Bowe catches fire and proves he's a top 5 receiver and has that special play making ability that few receivers truly possess.

"Albert's back is broke, trade him away", he's only been part of one of the most productive running games in the entire NFL, anchoring the side of the line that Jamaal Charles has the highest YPC on, and one of the most solid Left Tackles in the business.

"Brandon Carr sucks, he gets burned so much", gets a billion dollar contract with the Cowboys, while his replacement who got paid handsomely, gets cut 8 games into the season, while Carr puts on a pretty solid year in Big D.

"Dexter McCluster is one of the worst players on this roster", consistently puts up the 3rd highest production (in terms of offensive yardage) on this team because he can play from any position, and we lean on him when we need to get an offensive gameplan rolling.

I hear it year in and year out, people generally assemble behind the press and root against the guy who hasn't become the next superstar, and root for the guy we know nothing about.

This game is a "What have you done for me lately" game, but instead of giving those that bend over backwards for this team a break, we ridicule them to the point where we root against a player on our own team.

You guys are ridiculous sometimes :banghead:

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Also, I think Wylie will be safe, pretty sure he's going to be a returner/special teamer kind of guy.

O.city
05-14-2013, 07:02 PM
You must be trolling if you don't know what a TE in motion means.

Point is, Moeaki is one of the best, if not the best blocker in motion (while moving and stuff). Yes, he's been hurt, people get hurt. But when he's healthy, he's our best Tight End, and flashes something special when Mark Casshole wasn't throwing balls 19 feet over his head or into his shoes, or in the backs of the linemen or goal posts.

Moeaki is going to be on the roster, and it would be hard pressed for anyone currently, to take over that #1 spot. Kelce has a chance, for sure, but it won't be immediate, and I'm pretty sure he's going to get used like Hernandez up in New England has been when Gronk was healthy (shock).

As far as the whole incumbent thing goes, lets take a look back, shall we?

How many of you said that Andy Reid coming here, meant we would draft a QB in the first round because "That's what happens when you get a new coach, they draft a new QB 'their guy', and go forward". It didn't happen. We traded for a retread. In fact, just about every time we've had a new coach here in KC, we've picked up a retread instead of doing the whole "New coach, new QB in the draft" shuffle.

It isn't what we do.

The incumbent argument doesn't work, and is only used with prejudice, for people to HOPE to oust a player they don't like.

"Moeaki is always hurt", until he makes a leaping touchdown cach that sets the world on fire, and people love him.

"Stanzi sucks", because he saw a jailbreak all preseason last year and hasn't had a chance to take a single snap in an NFL game, but flashback to 2011 and Stanzi was the best QB for us during the pre-season, over incumbent Mark Casshole. Interesting how the fanbase shifts without logic.

"Bowe sucks" (2009", 2010 Bowe catches fire and proves he's a top 5 receiver and has that special play making ability that few receivers truly possess.

"Albert's back is broke, trade him away", he's only been part of one of the most productive running games in the entire NFL, anchoring the side of the line that Jamaal Charles has the highest YPC on, and one of the most solid Left Tackles in the business.

"Brandon Carr sucks, he gets burned so much", gets a billion dollar contract with the Cowboys, while his replacement who got paid handsomely, gets cut 8 games into the season, while Carr puts on a pretty solid year in Big D.

"Dexter McCluster is one of the worst players on this roster", consistently puts up the 3rd highest production (in terms of offensive yardage) on this team because he can play from any position, and we lean on him when we need to get an offensive gameplan rolling.

I hear it year in and year out, people generally assemble behind the press and root against the guy who hasn't become the next superstar, and root for the guy we know nothing about.

This game is a "What have you done for me lately" game, but instead of giving those that bend over backwards for this team a break, we ridicule them to the point where we root against a player on our own team.

You guys are ridiculous sometimes :banghead:

Yeah, I got the TE in motion, you just said it's a KC thing. Well, last I heard, we have a new coaching staff so there is that.

Other than that, lotta just blah.

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I got the TE in motion, you just said it's a KC thing. Well, last I heard, we have a new coaching staff so there is that.

Other than that, lotta just blah.

And this new coaching staff is going to completely revamp this team?

No.

We're going to run a very similar offense, still based heavily on the running game.

This is year 1 of a new regime, you can't just come in and purge the entire team and start fresh.

The NFL is a business and you have to put a product on the field to put fans in the seats.

While Reid is a notorious passing coach, he's also pretty clever in the running game. Now he's got a top 5 running back to play with, and one of the best run blocking lines in the NFL. And you think this guy is going to completely strip this team and do things exactly how he envisions?

No, he's going to run the ball 35+ times a game and hope to god that we can protect Alex long enough to get in 20-25 passes a game and convert 3rd downs.

In the NFL you work with what you've got, while trying to acquire the pieces to finish your puzzle, you don't get to go buy a new box, only a few new pieces.

notorious
05-14-2013, 07:20 PM
I think Andy is going to do exactly what he did in Philly.

Pass the ball.......A LOT.

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 07:23 PM
I think Andy is going to do exactly what he did in Philly.

Pass the ball.......A LOT.

Then why did he try to trade one of the best Left Tackles in the game for some picks?

Why not trade Jamaal Charles who would easily have fetched a plethora of draft picks?

Reid was so high on McCluster coming out in the draft, he could easily get by with Cyrus, Dexter, Knile, if he threw the ball all day.

I certainly don't believe he would have drafted Fisher if that were the case.

We're going to run the ball, a lot. We'll see a decrease in the number of times we run, but we'll still be a run first team this year, and as the years go bye, it'll shift into a more pass heavy offense.

But you can't be serious thinking we'd throw the ball 35+ times a game if we made all of those moves above, then traded for Alex Smith. lol

Mecca
05-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Andy Reid used a shit ton of high picks on Ol and Dl while in Philly so don't even try the Fisher argument to say he won't pass as much.
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
05-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Then why did he try to trade one of the best Left Tackles in the game for some picks?

Why not trade Jamaal Charles who would easily have fetched a plethora of draft picks?

Reid was so high on McCluster coming out in the draft, he could easily get by with Cyrus, Dexter, Knile, if he threw the ball all day.

We're going to run the ball, a lot. We'll see a decrease in the number of times we run, but we'll still be a run first team this year, and as the years go bye, it'll shift into a more pass heavy offense.

But you can't be serious thinking we'd throw the ball 35+ times a game if we made all of those moves above, then traded for Alex Smith. lol

I'm guessing the same reason he didn't trade McCoy as he'll catch alot of balls out of the backfield.

Dexter is likely a WR. He's always had/liked to have two big bookend tackles.

The thinking that an NFL head coach is going to come in and completely change his offensive philosophy, one that he's known for, is pretty crazy.

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Andy Reid used a shit ton of high picks on Ol and Dl while in Philly so don't even try the Fisher argument to say he won't pass as much.
Posted via Mobile Device

Andy Reid, as a matter of fact, will not pass the ball this year, as much as he has during any season he has been a head coach.

There, I just said that, argue with me all you want. You don't take over the reigns of the #1 running offense over the past few years and say "Well that obviously didn't work, lets throw the ball 35+ times a game after I traded for a QB who could barely handle throwing 20-25 times a game".

Sorry bro, we're running more than throwing this year.

I'm guessing the same reason he didn't trade McCoy as he'll catch alot of balls out of the backfield.

Dexter is likely a WR. He's always had/liked to have two big bookend tackles.

The thinking that an NFL head coach is going to come in and completely change his offensive philosophy, one that he's known for, is pretty crazy.

Charles is not a receiving back like Shady is, not even comparable. Dexter will get more receptions out of the backfield if that were to be the case.

Dexter won't line up at WR 100% of the time, he'll be used all over the place, which is exactly his skillset.

As for the philosophy you're talking about, no coach is going to inherit the Kansas City Chiefs as they are, and install a passing offense that tosses the rock 30-35 times a game like he did in philly.

We aren't built for it. Unless he plans on putting a team together reminiscent of the "Replacements", it just won't happen. Its going to take him 2-3 off seasons to build his "philosophy" here in KC, assuming he doesn't alter it slightly due to the pieces he has in tact.

There's been a few coaches who tried to come in and change a team's "build" by installing their offense from year 1 and trying to make those pieces fit, almost every one of them were fired or forced out within 3 years.

It only ever really works in a promotional standpoint, when an OC moves up to HC, as their offense was essentially already installed.

O.city
05-14-2013, 07:41 PM
Yep, the #1 running offense in which he immediately remade the OL. The #1 running offense that won 2 games last year. It's obviously working, lets not change it.

That is probably the most speculative opinion stated for truth post ever posted on CP. Congrats.

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 07:47 PM
Yep, the #1 running offense in which he immediately remade the OL. The #1 running offense that won 2 games last year. It's obviously working, lets not change it.

That is probably the most speculative opinion stated for truth post ever posted on CP. Congrats.

It isn't, and you're trying so hard to be right, right now.

The truth is this. Before Reid got here, this was a running team. After he arrived, it is still a running team.

YOU CANNOT TURN THIS TEAM INTO A PASSING TEAM IN THE FIRST YEAR, WE SIMPLY DO NOT HAVE THE PERSONNEL TO DO IT.

I'm not sure what part of that statement ^^^^ you don't understand.

You don't just magically transform a team into something it has never been. It takes time and personnel. This is year 1 folks, we're running the ball.

Its not like I'm saying we're going to split the load 90/10 here, but it certainly won't be a 50/50 split, or favoring the pass at all. Not in year one.

notorious
05-14-2013, 07:48 PM

Dead serious.

We will see.

notorious
05-14-2013, 07:49 PM
YOU CANNOT TURN THIS TEAM INTO A PASSING TEAM IN THE FIRST YEAR, WE SIMPLY DO NOT HAVE THE PERSONNEL TO DO IT.

Scheme.

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 07:54 PM
Dead serious.

We will see.

I'll bet you a lifetime, shameful ban from CP that say we do not average 35 passing attempts per game at the end of the season. EVEN IF we go 0-16 it won't happen.

Scheme.

Personnel.

BossChief
05-14-2013, 07:55 PM
McNutt almost always found a way to get open in the biggest moments in games a few years ago for Iowa. Money on 3rd and long and in the red zone. He has struggled to gain separation against better competition though and might struggle to find work.

He was that last Iowa player I liked enough to want to draft.

He is big, has average speed and good hands and instincts...hopefully he gets a chance somewhere.

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 07:58 PM
McNutt almost always found a way to get open in the biggest moments in games a few years ago for Iowa. Money on 3rd and long and in the red zone. He has struggled to gain separation against better competition though and might struggle to find work.

He was that last Iowa player I liked enough to want to draft.

He is big, has average speed and good hands and instincts...hopefully he gets a chance somewhere.

Stanzi to McNutt was a great combo at Iowa, as was DJK. I felt like, DJK was the better raw receiver, but McNutt was more polished, just less talented.

BossChief
05-14-2013, 07:58 PM
I'll bet you a lifetime, shameful ban from CP that say we do not average 35 passing attempts per game at the end of the season. EVEN IF we go 0-16 it won't happen.

Personnel.

How the fuck do we not have the personal to throw 35 times a game?

We have true #1 and #2 receivers, 3 starting caliber tight ends, a fantastic offensive line, an elite gamechanger at running back and a very accurate quarterback.

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 07:59 PM
How the fuck do we not have the personal to throw 35 times a game?

We have true #1 and #2 receivers, 3 starting caliber tight ends, a fantastic offensive line, an elite gamechanger at running back and a very accurate quarterback.

You just lost all credibility with "True #1 and #2 receivers"

Get out.

salame
05-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Moeaki will get cut probs
dude is a walking insurance claim

no comma

BossChief
05-14-2013, 08:05 PM
Bowe was a 15 touchdown receiver the only year the team had "good" quarterback play...and I use "good" loosely.

Donny Avery caught 60 balls and had almost 800 yards last year...that should qualify as a legit #2...especially given his deep speed.

BossChief
05-14-2013, 08:07 PM
Has Moeaki even been practicing yet? I know he missed some stuff already.

I heard his knee swelled up after the season...

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 08:08 PM
Bowe was a 15 touchdown receiver the only year the team had "good" quarterback play...and I use "good" loosely.

Donny Avery caught 60 balls and had almost 800 yards last year...that should qualify as a legit #2...especially given his deep speed.

Last year, on a team who passed the ball a billion times a game by comparison, where there wasn't a solid #2, with a Rookie QB, who later lost his spot as #2" to a rookie if I'm not mistaken. Which is why he walked to KC.

Avery is NOT a #2 guy. Baldwin IS a #2 guy, but he is not solid. IN fact, he is bad. He's terrible, complete bust for us.

We lack a receiver to play outside opposite of Bowe. Copper is a better option than Avery and Baldwin right now, and he's not a "legit" #2 either.

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 08:09 PM

You know the answer to that already, you're trolling. :drool:

Sorter
05-14-2013, 08:10 PM
We have true #2 receivers,

Huh?

O.city
05-14-2013, 08:10 PM

Yeah, hasn't practiced yet.

IIRC, he had minor knee surg this offseason. I know you are an Iowa homer and I liked Moeaki, but signs seem to be pointing to the new FO not being a huge fan.

notorious
05-14-2013, 08:13 PM

Personnel.

Where are you getting 35 passes a game?

Reid has only went over 35/game twice in his career!

O.city
05-14-2013, 08:15 PM

Over his career, he's averaged 34. something per game.

notorious
05-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Over his career, he's averaged 34. something per game.

He must play call games almost exactly the same, then.

O.city
05-14-2013, 08:18 PM

Wut?

Sorter
05-14-2013, 08:19 PM
Wut?

This.

I'm now confoosed.

SAUTO

But he's going to totally flip the script and do the exact opposite
Posted via Mobile Device

Exoter175

To answer your question.

1. Because he averaged like 34.75 passes per game.
2. Because everyone here was tossing up the 35 times per game number around the time Reid was announced as our HC.
3. Because Alex's ceiling is in that 30-35 range.

SAUTO
05-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Wut?

Notorious says he has only threw for over 35 twice.

If that's true and he averages 34. something attempts per game he must call every game about the same...
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
05-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Notorious says he has only threw for over 35 twice.

If that's true and he averages 34. something attempts per game he must call every game about the same...
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh, ok.

Sorter
05-14-2013, 08:21 PM
I still don't understand how averaging 35.7(35) passes a game somehow means he has the exact play-calling each game.

SAUTO
05-14-2013, 08:22 PM
I still don't understand how averaging 35.7(35) passes a game somehow means he has the exact play-calling each game.

I just said how sorter.

not the same play s called
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter
05-14-2013, 08:23 PM
I just said how sorter.

not the same play s called
Posted via Mobile Device

I posted too late. :(

O.city
05-14-2013, 08:23 PM
He threw it a ton last year, with a shitty OL and a third round rookie qb playing due to injury.

Now he has a handpicked QB that he's wanted for years.

He's going to want to throw it around.

BossChief
05-14-2013, 08:25 PM
Philly threw the ball 616 times last year with Vick and Foles.

You extrapolate out Alex Myths production over that many attempts and he has a career year by a mile.

4500+ yards and 30+ touchdowns

SAUTO
05-14-2013, 08:26 PM
I posted too late. :(

post faster
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
05-14-2013, 08:26 PM

You extrapolate out Alex Myths production over that many attempts and he has a career year by a mile.

That would be awesome.

He certainly has the weapons.

beach tribe
05-14-2013, 08:27 PM

Maybe the ratio. If he has only been over 35 twice yet averages 34.75. He would have to be calling about 35 a game damn near every year.

Which means for every year of his career he has been throwing that much, but hes coming here to run a ground and pound offense according Exoter.
Fat chance. I will bet anything Smith averages 32 attempt per game AT LEAST.
Reid is not going to change.

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 08:29 PM

Right?

He threw it a ton last year, with a shitty OL and a third round rookie qb playing due to injury.

Now he has a handpicked QB that he's wanted for years.

He's going to want to throw it around.

Where is it said that Andy Reid wanted Alex for years?

I must have missed that part.

Because that totally works for a guy who's biggest downside is the longevity of his arm game in and game out.

notorious
05-14-2013, 08:31 PM
Maybe the ratio. If he has only been over 35 twice yet averages 34.75. He would have to be calling about 35 a game damn near every year.

Which means for every year of his career he has been throwing that much, but hes coming here to run a ground and pound offense according Exoter.
Fat chance. I will bet anything Smith averages 32 attempt per game AT LEAST.
Reid is not going to change.

Kind of what I was getting at.

My reply was confusing because it sucked at making my point. :D

I also think he is like Vermeil in that he will still pass the **** out of the ball when he is up by 4 touchdowns or run the ball when down by as much.

O.city
05-14-2013, 08:31 PM
Right?

Where is it said that Andy Reid wanted Alex for years? (I don't remember exactly where, have to look for it, maybe someone else can post the article)

Because that totally works for a guy who's biggest downside is the longevity of his arm game in and game out.

This is why it seems to be such a "bad" trade to some.

beach tribe
05-14-2013, 08:33 PM

If he does that I will laugh my ass off at all the bashing he took.

150,000 posts for Geno at 1.1.
150,00 more bashing Alex and he turns in a season like that?
Would be hilarious.

SAUTO
05-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Kind of what I was getting at.

My reply was confusing because sucked at making my point. :D

I also think he is like Vermeil in that he will still pass the **** out of the ball when he is up by 4 touchdowns or run the ball when down by as much.
exactly.

Zilla, damn its hard to say this, was right about coaches and their tendency to not change their ways.

They do what they do basically...
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
05-14-2013, 08:34 PM
If he does that I will laugh my ass off at all the bashing he took.

150,000 posts for Geno at 1.1.
150,00 more bashing Alex and he turns in a season like that?
Would be hilarious.
I would laugh my ass off at how stupid he made me look.

And be happy to do it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 08:35 PM
This is why it seems to be such a "bad" trade to some.

Consider this though.

If QB play is the only reason we had a phenomenal year in 2010, and a shitty year in 2011/2012, and you could guaranteed trade for a QB that could play at the level of your QB in 2010, wouldn't you trade for him?

Not saying Alex is guaranteed to play that way, its just a hypothetical really, but if Alex can play at that level, always, it becomes a smart trade.

Its not like we threw the ball 85 times a game that year, we ran and ran a lot. Now we add a QB who we hope can give us a high completion percentage and 3rd down conversion rate, who hopefully won't turn the ball over.

That's not such a bad deal to turn this team back into a playoff caliber team it has been since 2010, just hasn't played up to.

But, if the expectation is to toss it 35 times a game, you've got the wrong QB. He's going to tire, he's going to get errant, and you're going to hurt his arm.

O.city
exactly.

Zilla, damn its hard to say this, was right about coaches and their tendency to not change their ways.

They do what they do basically...
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you.

I couldn't remember who brought that up.

I do think some coaches will deviate from their tendencies to a certain extent, but not much or for very long.

BossChief
Alex Myths career high in pass attempts is 445...like I said Philly threw it 616 times last season.

When he threw it 445 times, he threw for 3144 yards....take that average to 616 attempts and it's barely under 4500 yards.

notorious
05-14-2013, 08:36 PM
Thank you.

I do think some coaches will deviate from their tendencies to a certain extent, but not much or for very long.

Even when his shitty backup QB's were in they still threw a lot.

beach tribe
05-14-2013, 08:37 PM
Where is it said that Andy Reid wanted Alex for years?

Not only did he say that, but he said he looked at every pass he threw between 10-20 yards, and was impressed.

Because Vick is the poster boy for durability.

O.city
05-14-2013, 08:37 PM
Consider this though.

If QB play is the only reason we had a phenomenal year in 2010, and a shitty year in 2011/2012, and you could guaranteed trade for a QB that could play at the level of your QB in 2010, wouldn't you trade for him?

Not saying Alex is guaranteed to play that way, its just a hypothetical really, but if Alex can play at that level, always, it becomes a smart trade.

Its not like we threw the ball 85 times a game that year, we ran and ran a lot. Now we add a QB who we hope can give us a high completion percentage and 3rd down conversion rate, who hopefully won't turn the ball over.

That's not such a bad deal to turn this team back into a playoff caliber team it has been since 2010, just hasn't played up to.

But, if the expectation is to toss it 35 times a game, you've got the wrong QB. He's going to tire, he's going to get errant, and you're going to hurt his arm.

First off, I never said it was a bad deal.

Secondly, thats fine. But it seems to me you aren't taking into consideration who the new HC is. Andy has never, in his career, been a run first guy.

I just don't see that changing.

And Smith has been pretty awful on 3rd down.

O.city
05-14-2013, 08:38 PM
Not only did he say that, but he said he looked at every pass he threw between 10-20 yards, and was impressed.

Ew.

Forgot about the Vick thing. With Vick's "QB" skills and McCoy, he still threw the ball a shit ton.

beach tribe
05-14-2013, 08:40 PM
Ew.

Forgot about the Vick thing. With Vick's "QB" skills and McCoy, he still threw the ball a shit ton.

And he went hard after Daniel and paid him pretty good dollahs for a backup.:hmmm:

SAUTO
05-14-2013, 08:40 PM
Thank you.

Not to completely do a 180. Not IMO.

Coaches are going to go with what they know. Who here has ever ran a team that way?
Posted via Mobile Device

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 08:41 PM

I was asking for you to cite the information so I could read it.

As for Vick, he's never had an issue throwing the ball 85 thousand times a game. His durability concerns are through his contact when he'd tuck and run.

COMPLETELY different durability issue here.

First off, I never said it was a bad deal.

Secondly, thats fine. But it seems to me you aren't taking into consideration who the new HC is. Andy has never, in his career, been a run first guy.

I just don't see that changing.

And Smith has been pretty awful on 3rd down.

I'm not saying you said it was a bad deal. I'm just saying the marriage of Alex Smith and Andy Reid with this Chiefs Roster does NOT logically give reason to believe we will throw the ball 35 times a game.

Also, I wasn't saying Smith was good on 3rd down, I'm implying that he'll HAVE to be good on third down in the hypothetical.

BossChief
05-14-2013, 08:41 PM
I would laugh my ass off at how stupid he made me look.

And be happy to do it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last year Alex had a 8.1 ypa and completed 70.2% of his passes.

That's breaks down to 4990 yards if he maintains that while getting the amount of pass attempts Philly quarterbacks got last year.

He threw 13 touchdowns in just 218 attempts.

If he gets 616 pass attempts, that breaks down to 35.8 touchdowns.

O.city
05-14-2013, 08:42 PM
I'm probably in the minority here, but I think Smith with his short-intermediate accuracy can be tits in Reids offense.

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 08:43 PM
And he went hard after Daniel and paid him pretty good dollahs for a backup.:hmmm:

Did you ever actually look at that contract?

It screams "stopgap" from the voidables, guaranteed, and base salaries.

notorious
05-14-2013, 08:44 PM
I'm probably in the minority here, but I think Smith with his short-intermediate accuracy can be tits in Reids offense.

We will miss those deep seam passes that McNabb used to make. That opens up a lot of the short stuff.

Hopefully Smith proves us all wrong and make the tough throws that opens up the short stuff.

O.city
I was asking for you to cite the information so I could read it.

As for Vick, he's never had an issue throwing the ball 85 thousand times a game. His durability concerns are through his contact when he'd tuck and run.

COMPLETELY different durability issue here.

I'm not saying you said it was a bad deal. I'm just saying the marriage of Alex Smith and Andy Reid with this Chiefs Roster does NOT logically give reason to believe we will throw the ball 35 times a game.

Also, I wasn't saying Smith was good on 3rd down, I'm implying that he'll HAVE to be good on third down in the hypothetical.

So the fact that Reid has thrown it that many times with EVERY other QB he's had doesn't make it logical that he'll do the same with Smith?

Vicks durability issues stem from him holding the ball and trying to make plays.

Smiths also come from holding the ball too long.

Exoter175

You aren't.

I think the unique skill set of Bowe, Charles, McCluster, Moeaki (if healthy) in an Andy Reid offense with a QB who can be accurate, would lead to a very, very brutal team, considering the studs we have on defense to support the offensive scheme.

O.city
05-14-2013, 08:46 PM
We will miss those deep seam passes that McNabb used to make. That opens up a lot of the short stuff.

Hopefully Smith proves us all wrong and make the tough throws that opens up the short stuff.

Well, IMO, McNabb wasn't ever really THAT accurate. He was pretty spotty. But he was good in that he could move around and make plays.

I think Smith is WAY more accurate than McNabb ever was. He doesn't have the deep ball arm but he can throw the deep ball.

It's interesting to see how it plays out.

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 08:47 PM
So the fact that Reid has thrown it that many times with EVERY other QB he's had doesn't make it logical that he'll do the same with Smith?

Vicks durability issues stem from him holding the ball and trying to make plays.

Smiths also come from holding the ball too long.

You are completely lacking comprehension here, or misunderstanding what I am telling you about the two QB's.

Alex Smith's arm does NOT have the stamina to throw it 35+ times a game. His warm will wear down, he accuracy will go to the wayside, and you will wear that arm down to the point where he might become prone to an injury. His biggest knock has always been the number of times he could throw the ball (accurately) in a game.

As for Vick, quite literally, his issues of "durability" if you want to call them that, come (historically) from him tucking the ball and running it, (forward of the line of scrimmage, not behind it and being sacked).

SAUTO
Last year Alex had a 8.1 ypa and completed 70.2% of his passes.

That's breaks down to 4990 yards if he maintains that while getting the amount of pass attempts Philly quarterbacks got last year.

He threw 13 touchdowns in just 218 attempts.

If he gets 616 pass attempts, that breaks down to 35.8 touchdowns.
I'm in.

Hoping. But deep down I just don't see it. You know me, I want to win. I would be a happy guy to be wrong
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
McCluster's career is probably going to take off much to Clay's chagrin.

notorious
05-14-2013, 08:48 PM
I'm in.

Hoping. But deep down I just don't see it. You know me, I want to win. I would be a happy guy to be wrong
Posted via Mobile Device

Almost all of us will be.

I bet you can guess who would rather be right than win.....;)

Marcellus
05-14-2013, 08:48 PM
Marvin McNutt turned into an Alex Smith thread.

CP in all its glory.

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 08:49 PM
Well, IMO, McNabb wasn't ever really THAT accurate. He was pretty spotty. But he was good in that he could move around and make plays.

I think Smith is WAY more accurate than McNabb ever was. He doesn't have the deep ball arm but he can throw the deep ball.

It's interesting to see how it plays out.

The difference here is that McNabb had the endurance, the stamina in his arm to throw it 50 times a game if needed, and he had the strength to get the ball out there past the safeties haha.

McCluster's career is probably going to take off much to Clay's chagrin.

No doubt, I'd be absolutely shocked if McCluster doesn't average at least 6+ touches a game this year.

O.city
You are completely lacking comprehension here, or misunderstanding what I am telling you about the two QB's.

Alex Smith's arm does NOT have the stamina to throw it 35+ times a game. His warm will wear down, he accuracy will go to the wayside, and you will wear that arm down to the point where he might become prone to an injury. His biggest knock has always been the number of times he could throw the ball (accurately) in a game.

As for Vick, quite literally, his issues of "durability" if you want to call them that, come (historically) from him tucking the ball and running it, (forward of the line of scrimmage, not behind it and being sacked).

No.

Smiths durability issues aren't with his shoulder. They're with his concussions, which become more scary with his high sack numbers.

Every QB Reid has had, has thrown it nearly 35 times per game. You dont' think that Reids past history is an indicator of what he'll do here?

notorious
Marvin McNutt turned into an Alex Smith thread.

CP in all its glory.

As if there was any doubt. LMAO

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 08:54 PM
No.

Smiths durability issues aren't with his shoulder. They're with his concussions, which become more scary with his high sack numbers.

Every QB Reid has had, has thrown it nearly 35 times per game. You dont' think that Reids past history is an indicator of what he'll do here?

Dude, take a step back.

I'm not talking about what Alex's durability issues are, I'm talking about his limitations WITH HIS ARM, nothing else. I'm not talking about concussions and sacks, I'm TELLING YOU that he CANNOT throw the ball 35+ times a game, and that since he came to the NFL, that's been his ONE knock that has legitimately stuck with him.

I simply DO NOT care to talk about concussions as they have nothing to do with whether or not this guy can PHYSICALLY throw the ball 35+ times a game.

As for the Reid bit, if by that you mean, "You don't believe Reid will throw the ball 35 times a game like he ALWAYS has", then the answer is no, I do not believe his past will indicate what he will do in the future.

If what you really meant was, "Do you believe Reid will implement his offensive scheme here", then my answer would be yes.

Simply, the number of passes would be toned down to account for his QB's lack of "stamina" in his arm.

beach tribe
05-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Did you ever actually look at that contract?

It screams "stopgap" from the voidables, guaranteed, and base salaries.

Jesus man.
The final two years are voidable if he throws for 2000 and 12 TDs in either of the first two seasons.
1 million of his 2014 salary is FULLY guaranteed.
And Stop gap backup QB? What planet are you on?

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 08:59 PM
Jesus man.
The final two years are voidable if he throws for 2000 and 12 TDs in either of the first two seasons.
1 million of his 2014 salary is FULLY guaranteed.
And Stop gap backup QB? What planet are you on?

Chiefs Planet.

Per a source with knowledge of the contract, Daniel received a $3 million signing bonus. He’ll get a base salary of $750,000 in 2013.

In 2014, the base salary moves to $2.35 million, $1 million of which is fully guaranteed. He’ll earn a base salary of $3.75 million in 2015. In each year, Daniel is eligible for a $50,000 workout bonus.

The final two years are voidable, if Daniel throws for 2,000 yards and 12 touchdown passes in either of the first two seasons of the contract.

So lets look at that right away.

For all intents and purposes, for Chase to be our backup this year, its going to cost us 4.75 Million of his 10 Million dollar contract.

What part of nearly 50% of his contract is paid up, do you not understand about "stop gap"? lol

I get it, you must be a Missouri/Chase Daniel fan.

beach tribe
05-14-2013, 09:03 PM
And now a 6 foot 4, 220 lb man cant throw a football 35 times a week? Good god.

O.city
05-14-2013, 09:03 PM
Dude, take a step back.

I'm not talking about what Alex's durability issues are, I'm talking about his limitations WITH HIS ARM, nothing else. I'm not talking about concussions and sacks, I'm TELLING YOU that he CANNOT throw the ball 35+ times a game, and that since he came to the NFL, that's been his ONE knock that has legitimately stuck with him.

I simply DO NOT care to talk about concussions as they have nothing to do with whether or not this guy can PHYSICALLY throw the ball 35+ times a game.

As for the Reid bit, if by that you mean, "You don't believe Reid will throw the ball 35 times a game like he ALWAYS has", then the answer is no, I do not believe his past will indicate what he will do in the future.

If what you really meant was, "Do you believe Reid will implement his offensive scheme here", then my answer would be yes.

Simply, the number of passes would be toned down to account for his QB's lack of "stamina" in his arm.

No, I just think his shoulder issues are overblown. His concussion issue is huge, IMO, in that he's now coming to a pass first offense in which he's going to be asked to do more than he was in SF.

So Reid is going to come in here and immediately change what he's done for 13 years? I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

beach tribe
05-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Chiefs Planet.

So lets look at that right away.

For all intents and purposes, for Chase to be our backup this year, its going to cost us 4.75 Million of his 10 Million dollar contract.

What part of nearly 50% of his contract is paid up, do you not understand about "stop gap"? lol

I get it, you must be a Missouri/Chase Daniel fan.
Think real hard about what you just said.
You are a true DUMBASS. ROFL

beach tribe
05-14-2013, 09:06 PM
Not to mention another 1 mil is guaranteed for the 2014 season.

beach tribe
05-14-2013, 09:07 PM
Paging Milkman..

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 09:07 PM
And now a 6 foot 4, 220 lb man cant throw a football 35 times a week? Good god.

Has he averaged 35 passes per game in his career?

I'll wait while you go crunch the numbers. ROFL

No, I just think his shoulder issues are overblown. His concussion issue is huge, IMO, in that he's now coming to a pass first offense in which he's going to be asked to do more than he was in SF.

So Reid is going to come in here and immediately change what he's done for 13 years? I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

While I understand your concern about the concussion in a pass heavy offense, there's no guarantee that it'll ever happen again. There is, however, a guarantee that he'll be throwing balls, and the more he throws it the more that shoulder is going to wear down.

IMO, that's the wrong QB to bring in for an offense to throw it 35 times a game.

Unless, (BIG dramatic, shocking pause), Reid didn't come here planning to throw it 35 times a game from the start, with the league's best running offense at his disposal. :thumb:

beach tribe
05-14-2013, 09:09 PM
What SHRED of proof do you have that his arm will fatigue?

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Think real hard about what you just said.
You are a true DUMBASS. ROFL

You are so dumb, so so dumb.
Not to mention another 1 mil is guaranteed for the 2014 season.

That 1 mil is accounted for in the 2014 season in the math you quoted and called me a dumbass on, dumbass.

If money is guaranteed, it is already as good as paid out.

Now follow me here.

He has a 3 year contract for 10 million dollars.

3 Million of that was paid out as a "signing" bonus, 750,000 will be paid out as his salary. in 2013. He has 1 million guaranteed in 2014.

So, in essence, we've paid him 4.75 Million dollars, not accounting the 50K practice bonus he's eligible for.

That's what he gets if we cut him, today. 4.75 Million dollars for a few months of his time.

You don't pay that much money up front, if you plan to keep a guy around for a long time.

Generally, you backend the SHIT out of his contract so you can save money renegotiating later, and give him so me "up front" money as a signing bonus with partial guaranteed.

O.city
05-14-2013, 09:10 PM
So the same leagues best running offense that they are looking to replace 2-3 of the OL from?

Reid has never been a run first guy. What says he's going to change?

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 09:11 PM
What SHRED of proof do you have that his arm will fatigue?

Um, science?

Is that sufficient enough proof?

BossChief
05-14-2013, 09:11 PM
I'm in.

Posted via Mobile Device

If Alex finds a way to get 80% of that production, we are winning playoff games.

This year.

I've gotten to the point where I am trying to find rational hope for the team again and this is a tiny ray of hope.

I thought we could make the playoffs and maybe win a game once there with Orton and this team is better now than then and Alex Myth is a better quarterback than Kyle Orton.

O.city
05-14-2013, 09:13 PM
If Alex finds a way to get 80% of that production, we are winning playoff games.

This year.

I've gotten to the point where I am trying to find rational hope for the team again and this is a tiny ray of hope.

I thought we could make the playoffs and maybe win a game once there with Orton and this team is better now than then and Alex Myth is a better quarterback than Kyle Orton.

I'm interested to see if he can keep his efficiency numbers up whilst throwing it more.

ChiefAshhole20
05-14-2013, 09:14 PM
And here I was, seeing that a Marvin Mcnutt thread had 10 pages and thinking, "Man, this Mcnutt dude must've been a helluva prospect to get all this feedback!". I should've known...

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 09:17 PM
So the same leagues best running offense that they are looking to replace 2-3 of the OL from?

Reid has never been a run first guy. What says he's going to change?

We replaced Winston with Fisher, and if I'm not mistaken, had an injury or two last year, so I'd hardly say replaced.

Our line, like last year, will consist of a mixture of Hudson, Asamoah, Albert, Stephenson, Allen, and now Fisher.

We let Winston walk, and Lilja retired. Not exactly the same "replacement" as you are trying to get others to perceive here.

Our run blocking has been superb for years, and it will continue to do so.

I'm not saying Reid is going to change into a run first guy magically.

What I am saying, however, is that we don't have the pieces to run his offense the way he did in Philly. We do, however, have a much better running game than he's ever had, and this team's strengths center around that running game.

To ignore that strength would be idiotic.

To build a solid play action passing game around it, however, would be brilliant.

Which is exactly what Andy Reid will do. He'll build a passing game around this running game, and it'll be similar in style to his Eagle's team, but he won't "need" to pass it as often as he had to in that division to compete here in the west, especially with the skill sets he has here.

I'd imagine we're going to pass it right around 25-28 times a game. and run it around 35 times a game. Its going to be well balanced and focus on the play action, because that is the talent we have here.

8 in the box to stop charles, Alex on a PA Boot chucking it deep to Bowe for a TD.

That's what you're going to see. Similar to the 2010 game against the Niners.

O.city
05-14-2013, 09:17 PM
Hey, this is actually a good Alex Smith debate. We aren't talking about worth it or not etc, but more about how he will be in our offense.

O.city
05-14-2013, 09:23 PM
We replaced Winston with Fisher, and if I'm not mistaken, had an injury or two last year, so I'd hardly say replaced.

Our line, like last year, will consist of a mixture of Hudson, Asamoah, Albert, Stephenson, Allen, and now Fisher.

We let Winston walk, and Lilja retired. Not exactly the same "replacement" as you are trying to get others to perceive here.

What I am saying, however, is that we don't have the pieces to run his offense the way he did in Philly. We do, however, have a much better running game than he's ever had, and this team's strengths center around that running game.

To build a solid play action passing game around it, however, would be brilliant.

Which is exactly what Andy Reid will do. He'll build a passing game around this running game, and it'll be similar in style to his Eagle's team, but he won't "need" to pass it as often as he had to in that division to compete here in the west, especially with the skill sets he has here.

I'd imagine we're going to pass it right around 25-28 times a game. and run it around 35 times a game. Its going to be well balanced and focus on the play action, because that is the talent we have here.

8 in the box to stop charles, Alex on a PA Boot chucking it deep to Bowe for a TD.

Winston, a great run blocking RT, was let go so we could get a better pass blocking RT, in Fisher. They wanted to get a more physical, more diverse OL.

We brought in Scwartz, who will probably end up starting too.

The running game strength, is/was Charles.

It would be a first that a coach has come in, after being somewhere so long and being established, to totally change to something he's NEVER done. He's never been a big PA off the run guy.

beach tribe
05-14-2013, 09:26 PM
You are so dumb, so so dumb.

That 1 mil is accounted for in the 2014 season in the math you quoted and called me a dumbass on, dumbass.

If money is guaranteed, it is already as good as paid out.

Now follow me here.

He has a 3 year contract for 10 million dollars.

3 Million of that was paid out as a "signing" bonus, 750,000 will be paid out as his salary. in 2013. He has 1 million guaranteed in 2014.

So, in essence, we've paid him 4.75 Million dollars, not accounting the 50K practice bonus he's eligible for.

That's what he gets if we cut him, today. 4.75 Million dollars for a few months of his time.

You don't pay that much money up front, if you plan to keep a guy around for a long time.

Generally, you backend the SHIT out of his contract so you can save money renegotiating later, and give him so me "up front" money as a signing bonus with partial guaranteed.
It's 3 year contract Dumbass. Only 3.75 was paid up front. 1 miilion of his BASE SALARY for 2014 is GUARANTEED.
You think we are going to pay him 1 mil to play for someone else?

CoMoChief
05-14-2013, 09:26 PM
iowa players suck

This.

Nothing against the school....but seriously..they all suck.

beach tribe
05-14-2013, 09:28 PM
Um, science?

Is that sufficient enough proof?
So in other words...your fucking opinion.
Which so far has Andy Reid running ground and pound, us paying Chase Daniel a mil to play for someone else, and yeah, Alex Smith not being able to throw a football 35 times a week.

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 09:29 PM
Winston, a great run blocking RT, was let go so we could get a better pass blocking RT, in Fisher. They wanted to get a more physical, more diverse OL.

We brought in Scwartz, who will probably end up starting too.

The running game strength, is/was Charles.

It would be a first that a coach has come in, after being somewhere so long and being established, to totally change to something he's NEVER done. He's never been a big PA off the run guy.

We picked up Fisher to prepare for the future. We didn't draft a Right Tackle, we couldn't trade out of the spot or Trade our current Left Tackle for more picks. We essentially got stuck picking our FUTURE starting Left Tackle. We didn't draft him to get more physical, we drafted him because he was the best possible choice to draft in a situation where our hands were tied because we couldn't move.

As for Fisher, he caused quite a bit of controversy last year and that was bad for team chemistry, KC wanted him gone, the team listened. We let him walk long before we knew who we were picking. We didn't want him here.

as for Reid, it, as a matter of fact, WOULD NOT be the first time a Coach has ever taken over a team and NOT ran the exact same style of offense down to the EXACT same snap count and number of attempts.

And, in all actuality, Andy Reid has ran the PA quite a bit. I'm not saying our offensive will be built around it 100%, I'm just saying it'll be featured quite a bit in the passing offense we install, because we don't have a solid receiving "back" comparable to shady in Philly. Charles is not that good of a receiver, but he has been getting better, it just isn't his strength. I could see us utilizing McCluster more in that role, but only time will tell.

What I can say is that this is a different team, different division, and a strong running game and a strong play action game will be what wins the west with this team, with the players we have.

You can't just come in here and change everything and throw the ball 35 times a game with the players we have, and expect to win the west. We don't have the receivers for that, and our defense will get gassed far too easily.

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 09:33 PM
It's 3 year contract Dumbass. Only 3.75 was paid up front. 1 miilion of his BASE SALARY for 2014 is GUARANTEED.
You think we are going to pay him 1 mil to play for someone else?

OMG YOU ARE SO STUPID.

We didn't pay 3.75 up front, we paid 3 million up front. 750,000 gets paid over the course of this season, and 1 million IS GUARANTEED TO BE PAID TO HIM NEXT YEAR REGARDLESS OF WHO HE PLAYS FOR.

So yes, retard, we would pay him 1 million next year to play for someone else, and thus, we'll have essentially paid him 4.75 Million to play for us in 2013, despite part of that money being for 2014.

They don't call it guaranteed money because they don't have to pay it out........

Fucking moron.

So in other words...your fucking opinion.
Which so far has Andy Reid running ground and pound, us paying Chase Daniel a mil to play for someone else, and yeah, Alex Smith not being able to throw a football 35 times a week.

So in other words, the laws of fucking science.

Friction wears things down, the more something is used, the more it gets worn down, the more friction something sees, the more worn it becomes.

Everything on this earth has a finite amount of time it can function. At the NFL level, the same is said for a QB's arm. Which is EXACTLY why we bring in 4-5 QB's every year to take snaps, because you'll wear a guys' arm down if he throws too much.

Seriously, shut up, stop being stupid, and go read about this shit before your mouth becomes a permanent residence for your foot.

O.city
05-14-2013, 09:36 PM
We drafted Fisher over Joeckel, because he was more physical. If they let a guy walk, because the town wanted him gone, thats bad business in regards to Winston.

He's a pure ZBS RT who excels in the run game. Obviously, thats not what they want to do, otherwise they'd have kept him.

Charles isn't a good receiving back? Prove it.

Reid has always been pretty even (surprising to some) in his R/P ratio. I think it will probably be about the same, but we'll throw it more than we run it.

I don't believe a coach will completely overhaul his system like that. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree there.

O.city
05-14-2013, 09:37 PM
OMG YOU ARE SO STUPID.

We didn't pay 3.75 up front, we paid 3 million up front. 750,000 gets paid over the course of this season, and 1 million IS GUARANTEED TO BE PAID TO HIM NEXT YEAR REGARDLESS OF WHO HE PLAYS FOR.

So yes, retard, we would pay him 1 million next year to play for someone else, and thus, we'll have essentially paid him 4.75 Million to play for us in 2013, despite part of that money being for 2014.

They don't call it guaranteed money because they don't have to pay it out........

****ing moron.

So in other words, the laws of ****ing science.

Friction wears things down, the more something is used, the more it gets worn down, the more friction something sees, the more worn it becomes.

Everything on this earth has a finite amount of time it can function. At the NFL level, the same is said for a QB's arm. Which is EXACTLY why we bring in 4-5 QB's every year to take snaps, because you'll wear a guys' arm down if he throws too much.

Seriously, shut up, stop being stupid, and go read about this shit before your mouth becomes a permanent residence for your foot.

I'm sensing your science background isn't very in depth. Or atleast your anatomy of a working joint.

beach tribe
05-14-2013, 09:40 PM
OMG YOU ARE SO STUPID.

****ing moron.

Exactly.

That's your explanation for why Alex Smith can't throw 35 times a game?
Unfuckingbelievable.
I guess Drew Brees defies the laws of physics with his magical arm. Manning? Blessed by Harry Potter. WTF??
Science only applies to Alex Smith huh?
Oh, and Thanks for clearing up the fact that you think we will be paying Chase Daniel a cool mil to play for someone else next season.

O.city
05-14-2013, 09:50 PM
And I would love it if Reid implemented the system he's talking about, as I think thats what he would probably excel the most in.

I just don't see him varying from what he's always done.

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 10:37 PM
We drafted Fisher over Joeckel, because he was more physical. If they let a guy walk, because the town wanted him gone, thats bad business in regards to Winston.

He's a pure ZBS RT who excels in the run game. Obviously, thats not what they want to do, otherwise they'd have kept him.

Reid has always been pretty even (surprising to some) in his R/P ratio. I think it will probably be about the same, but we'll throw it more than we run it.

I don't believe a coach will completely overhaul his system like that. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree there.

You can agree to disagree all you want, I'm telling you Alex Smith won't be throwing the ball, on average, 35 times a game this year.

I'm sensing your science background isn't very in depth. Or atleast your anatomy of a working joint.

Science is probably one of my strongest suits, aside from Mathematics, my understanding is just fine.

That's your explanation for why Alex Smith can't throw 35 times a game?
Unfuckingbelievable.
I guess Drew Brees defies the laws of physics with his magical arm. Manning? Blessed by Harry Potter. WTF??
Science only applies to Alex Smith huh?
Oh, and Thanks for clearing up the fact that you think we will be paying Chase Daniel a cool mil to play for someone else next season.

No, it isn't my explanation for why he can't throw the ball 35 times a game, its my explanation for why science has an impact on why he Won't be throwing 35 times a game.

And I would love it if Reid implemented the system he's talking about, as I think thats what he would probably excel the most in.

I just don't see him varying from what he's always done.

Wait what? You'd love for Reid to implement an Offense I suggest would work the best for this team given Reid's coaching history, scheming, and the personnel we have at hand?

So what is it you are disagreeing with, then?

You like my idea, but don't like that it goes against Reid's history in Philly? The only place he's ever really had a chance to do what he does?

I realize Philly is the precedence, but do you honestly not understand who our coach is? I mean, honestly?

O.city
05-14-2013, 10:47 PM
I'm saying I think that's probably Alex smiths best system to work in, but its not one Andy Reid has ever ran.

You are saying he's going to come here and implement a totally different approach than he's ever had. If that's what you want as an organization, why hire the guy? In Philly, the only place he's had a chance to run the system he wants, it was nothing like you say he will run here. So you are totally projecting based on nothing.

I hope your background in mechanic work is better than your science

Exoter175
05-14-2013, 11:31 PM
I'm saying I think that's probably Alex smiths best system to work in, but its not one Andy Reid has ever ran.

You are saying he's going to come here and implement a totally different approach than he's ever had. If that's what you want as an organization, why hire the guy? In Philly, the only place he's had a chance to run the system he wants, it was nothing like you say he will run here. So you are totally projecting based on nothing.

I hope your background in mechanic work is better than your science

Sigh, sometimes you just can't get through to people.

The scheme he ran in Philly will be the exact same scheme he ran here, only, tweaked due to the personnel he has here.

Here's how it works. He's going to run the ball "SLIGHTLY" more than he used to, he's going to pass the ball "SLIGHTLY" less than he used to. He's going to use the personnel he has here to open up the PAP game to throw it, because it'll be wildly more effective with this group of players. Simple as that. He's going to use more PAP because he can, and because everyone expects us to run, because we are built to run.

POP QUIZ!

In order to have an effective Play Action Pass game, you must first be able to --- the ball, and --- the ball effectively.

Fill in the blanks.

PS: Science has nothing to do with Football logic here. If you have a whole team built around the run, and you inherit it, you don't abandon the running game just because you're used to a division where you had to pass the ball 35 times a game to stay even remotely competitive.

BWillie
05-15-2013, 01:25 AM
No more than 3 Hawkeyes.

With Moeaki, Stanzi, and now Castillo, we are all booked up.

LOL What Castillo is trying to play pro football. ..plz tell me this is not true

Sorter
05-15-2013, 01:29 AM
While I have no knowledge of Exoter's science/biology/chemistry/physics/anatomy knowledge, I'm inclined to side with O.city. However, I'm buzzed and not entirely sure what the argument is about.

crazycoffey
05-15-2013, 03:01 AM

What? So he can warm up throw 35+ times pre-game but only throw 25 times in a game or his arm wears out? The CP BS meter just broke...

crazycoffey
05-15-2013, 03:12 AM
While I have no knowledge of Exoter's science/biology/chemistry/physics/anatomy knowledge, I'm inclined to side with O.city. However, I'm buzzed and not entirely sure what the argument is about.

Well that's easy, exoter is saying science is on his side proving smith can't throw the ball 35 times in one game, his arm will tire. O.city said that seemed liked an opinion. And I questioned about the pre game warm throws. In essence; exorter is grasping at straws to prove his amateur, unpaid opinion. And he is in fact a cock sucking dumbass.

the Talking Can
05-15-2013, 04:06 AM
OMG YOU ARE SO STUPID.

****ing moron.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/046/123/magnets.jpg?1270937748

notorious
05-15-2013, 06:27 AM
:facepalm:

Saccopoo
05-15-2013, 07:18 AM

You are saying he's going to come here and implement a totally different approach than he's ever had...

I think that you are being a little too obstinate with regard to your conceptualizations of correlating Reid's past offenses to what he might run here in Kansas City.

If he decides to run a bit more than what he's done in the past, it's not like he's implementing a totally new concept in offensive game planning - it's just that he'll run the ball more. It's not a "totally different approach."

In fact, I'd argue that he's looking at changing up his offensive planning to a significant degree by giving Pederson the Offensive Coordinator title, bringing in Childress and utilizing Ault as a football consultant. It appears that he will be modifying some aspects of his offense to adapt to the changing game brought about by the success of the spread type systems in college and the pros in recent years.

I don't believe for a moment that Reid is so completely dogmatic that he won't modify an offense to best suit the personnel he has on roster or what the game is changing into, and his free agent signings, draft picks and coaching hires seem to suggest just that.

RealSNR
05-15-2013, 08:16 AM
Excretor knows all. The philosophical bounds of logic, science, biology, everything.

Fat Elvis
05-15-2013, 09:17 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/046/123/magnets.jpg?1270937748

If magic is all we've ever known
Then it's easy to miss what really goes on
But I've seen miracles in every way
And I see miracles everyday
Oceans spanning beyond my sight
And a million stars way above em at night
We don't have to be high to look in the sky
And know that's a miracle opened wide
Look at the mountains, trees, the seven seas
And everything chilling underwater, please
Hot lava, snow, rain and fog
Long neck giraffes, and pet cats and dogs
And I've seen eighty-five thousand people
All in one room, together as equals
Pure magic is the birth of my kids
I've seen shit that'll shock your eyelids
The sun and the moon, and even Mars
The Milky Way and fucking shooting stars
UFOs, a river flows
Plant a little seed and nature grows
Niagara falls and the pyramids
Everything you believed in as kids
Fucking rainbows after it rains
There's enough miracles here to blow your brains
I fed a fish to a pelican at Frisco bay
It tried to eat my cell phone, he ran away
And music is magic, pure and clean
You can feel it and hear it but it can't be seen

Music is all magic
(Are you a firm believer in miracles)
You can't even hold it
(Do you notice and recognize miracles)
It's just there in the air
Pure motherfucking magic
Right?
This shit'll blow your fucking mind

Music is a lot like love, it's all a feeling
And it fills the room, from the floor to the ceiling
I see miracles all around me
Stop and look around, it's all astounding
Water, fire, air and dirt
Fucking magnets, how do they work?
And I don't wanna talk to a scientist
Y'all motherfuckers lying, and getting me pissed
Solar eclipse, and vicious weather
Fifteen thousand Juggalos together
And I love my mom for giving me this
Time on this planet, taking nothing for granted
I seen a caterpillar turn into a butterfly
Miracles ain't nothing to lie
Shaggy's little boys look just like Shaggy
And my little boy looks just like daddy
Miracles each and every where you look
And nobody has to stay where they put
This world is yours for you to explore
There's nothing but miracles beyond your door
The Dark Carnival is your invitation
To witness them without explanation
Take a look at this fine creation
And enjoy it better with appreciation
Crows, ghosts, the midnight coast
The wonders of the world, mysteries the most
Just open your mind, and it ain't no way
To ignore the miracles of every day

Magic everywhere in this bitch
It's all around you, you don't even know it
Magic everywhere in this bitch
Shit's crazy
(Do you notice and recognize miracles,
So many miracles, the magic miracles)

Are you a firm believer in miracles
Do you have time for the miracles
Do you notice and recognize miracles
So many miracles, the magic miracles
The miracle of Alex Smith's arm
They'll say it never bought the farm
It will last and last and last
Long after the memory of Exoter is a thing of the past
Do you believe in miracles, the magic miracles

O.city
05-15-2013, 09:55 AM
I think that you are being a little too obstinate with regard to your conceptualizations of correlating Reid's past offenses to what he might run here in Kansas City.

If he decides to run a bit more than what he's done in the past, it's not like he's implementing a totally new concept in offensive game planning - it's just that he'll run the ball more. It's not a "totally different approach."

In fact, I'd argue that he's looking at changing up his offensive planning to a significant degree by giving Pederson the Offensive Coordinator title, bringing in Childress and utilizing Ault as a football consultant. It appears that he will be modifying some aspects of his offense to adapt to the changing game brought about by the success of the spread type systems in college and the pros in recent years.

I don't believe for a moment that Reid is so completely dogmatic that he won't modify an offense to best suit the personnel he has on roster or what the game is changing into, and his free agent signings, draft picks and coaching hires seem to suggest just that.

I just don't believe coaches change. He threw the ball last year with a rookie third round QB as he did with his 100 million dollar franchise QB.

People seem to think simply because he has Charles he's going to run it more. He's had McCoy for the past few years, who's a really good back, and still threw it.

However, I think he will run the ball here about the same as he always has, which is about to slightly less than he has threw it.

But to say that he's going to run a smash mouth ball control offense, seems pretty asinine.

aturnis
05-15-2013, 12:08 PM

I agree with you. I see a lot of his passes being to the RB's and TE's. It might be very reminiscent of Marty's offenses(Marcus Allen, Kimble Anders, Greg Hill). Not a lot of downfield passing. Throw in a strong defense and we should be fine.

ptlyon
05-15-2013, 12:10 PM
I agree with you. I see a lot of his passes being to the RB's and TE's. It might be very reminiscent of Marty's offenses(Marcus Allen, Kimble Anders, Greg Hill). Not a lot of downfield passing. Throw in a strong defense and we should be fine.

Glad we gave Bowe all that dime then!

aturnis
05-15-2013, 12:23 PM

First of all, Winston is an abortion all around. I don't care what the experts say. IMO, replacing him tells us nothing of us wanting to pass more. It's a well known fact Alice holds onto the ball and takes hella sacks. Whether he's throwing a lot or not. Fischer was the pick b/c it was between he and Joeckel by default, Fisher was willing to play RT and is a better run blocker with the potential to be a better all around player.

Another reason is b/c Reid prefers big - assed lineman, which Winston is not. And yes, he's probably going to get away from zone blocking eventually.

aturnis
05-15-2013, 12:41 PM
How is 35 runs/per game and 28 passes/per game smash mouth football? Sounds logical.

Chris Meck
05-15-2013, 12:43 PM

I find myself agreeing with you a lot these days.

O.city
05-15-2013, 12:49 PM
How is 35 runs/per game and 28 passes/per game smash mouth football? Sounds logical.

Has Andy Reid ever been balanced that way?

aturnis
05-15-2013, 01:18 PM
Glad we gave Bowe all that dime then!

Bowe isn't a deep threat. He'll be utilized the same as he always has been...

aturnis
05-15-2013, 01:20 PM

Does it matter? It's not like he'd be scrapping his offense, just calling plays differently.

AndysMansiere
05-15-2013, 01:47 PM
mcnutt is a bust.

get it???

Exoter175
05-15-2013, 02:27 PM
What? So he can warm up throw 35+ times pre-game but only throw 25 times in a game or his arm wears out? The CP BS meter just broke...

I take it you've never actually played a sport, like ever.

Warm ups and practice are completely different, at the same time, the reps are limited for a reason. To save the arm for the game.

This is one of the biggest reasons why teams will take 4-5 guys into camp, because the number of reps are high, and they don't want to over-rep their starters and veterans.

Now imagine that offense with a legit #1 receiver and legit running back that could hurt you from any point on the field. I think we're going to see some pretty good numbers out of the play action this year. As long as Alex can sell it to the safeties.

Historically? No. But in certain types of games against certain opponents, he has not shown himself to be afraid of running Shady all day every day.

I'd know, Shady's been on my fantasy team for a long time.

Quite simply put, Andy Inherited a Golden Goose when he came here to KC. He's got one of the best backs, one of the best run blocking offenses, and a number of shifty guys who can make plays underneath and across the middle. He's got a few players to run the offense he had in philly, but every player to form some kind of hybird between philly's offense,and KC's.

We've always known we could a variation of his offense here, christ's sake we have Jamaal, Dexter, and Bowe, with a number of pass catching tight ends. All we needed was the QB really.

Albeit, we really do need a solid #2 guy, and if Baldwin can't light the world on fire this year, he's done and over with.