PDA

View Full Version : Misc Cleveland

luv
05-17-2013, 12:52 PM
What's there to do there outside of watching sport teams? Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame. Anything else?

Rain Man
05-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Pro Football Hall of Fame

Lake Erie cruise tour

Languish in a basement as a sex slave

gblowfish
05-17-2013, 12:57 PM
Cleveland Art Museum is very nice. There's a Hard Rock Cafe near the Lakefront Area. They call their nightlife area by the lake "The Flats." It's actually very nice. If you have a car and some time, go an hour south to Canton and go to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Worth the drive, every Chiefs fan should go there sometime.

If you don't want to do sports at all, you can also go south to Akron and see the Goodyear Mansion - the home of the guy who started Goodyear tires. It's amazing.

Really though, the Pro Football HOF and the Rock n Roll HOF are musts if you can do them. I've been to both multiple times. I've had a lot of fun in Cleveland. It's a great summer city.

BlackHelicopters
05-17-2013, 12:57 PM
Feel lucky you don't live in Akron?

Demonpenz
05-17-2013, 12:58 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ysmLA5TqbIY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jiveturkey
05-17-2013, 12:59 PM
Drive and hour to Cedar Point and ride a shit ton of roller coasters.

gblowfish
05-17-2013, 12:59 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ysmLA5TqbIY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was made by the same guy who did the "Factory of Sadness" Browns video.

Ceej
05-17-2013, 01:00 PM
Wear a LeBron James jersey for one full day.

:)

Cephalic Trauma
05-17-2013, 01:01 PM
If you go, try the steamer.

luv
05-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Cleveland Art Museum is very nice. There's a Hard Rock Cafe near the Lakefront Area. They call their nightlife area by the lake "The Flats." It's actually very nice. If you have a car and some time, go an hour south to Canton and go to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Worth the drive, every Chiefs fan should go there sometime.

If you don't want to do sports at all, you can also go south to Akron and see the Goodyear Mansion - the home of the guy who started Goodyear tires. It's amazing.

Really though, the Pro Football HOF and the Rock n Roll HOF are musts if you can do them. I've been to both multiple times. I've had a lot of fun in Cleveland. It's a great summer city.

I'd be going to the Dolphins/Browns game and a Mets/Indians game while I'm there. I completely forgot about the Pro Football HOF being so close.

alpha_omega
05-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Look forward to going home.

DMAC
05-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Dodge potholes on the expressway. Always fun.

Rain Man
05-17-2013, 01:08 PM
You could briefly date Drew Carey.

gblowfish
05-17-2013, 01:13 PM
One time I went to Cleveland I drove out to Kent, Ohio, and visited the campus of Kent State. That's where the National Guard shot down college kids during the Vietnam War. That was a very cool historical visit.

Cephalic Trauma
05-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Daydream about not being in Cleveland :shrug:

J Diddy
05-17-2013, 01:33 PM
One time I went to Cleveland I drove out to Kent, Ohio, and visited the campus of Kent State. That's where the National Guard shot down college kids during the Vietnam War. That was a very cool historical visit.
Did you get any? What were you hunting with?

Stewie
05-17-2013, 01:37 PM
Sit on a corner in Shaker Heights and see what happens.

Radar Chief
05-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Wear an “Art Modell Rocks” t-shirt and a Ravens hat. I hear people in Cleveland love that.

gblowfish
05-17-2013, 02:26 PM
Did you get any? What were you hunting with?

It was a very moving experience going there. I'm glad I went. Gave me a first hand look at what happened. Scary stuff, man.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-OmZvyNrzAs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Frazod
05-17-2013, 02:36 PM
I won't go to the damn Rock N Roll* Hall of Fame if they paid me.

Abba has been inducted
Michael Jackson has been inducted

Boston hasn't been inducted

Fuck them.

* in name only

Other than that, Cleveland is a great place to drive through on the way to someplace else.

Thig Lyfe
05-17-2013, 03:24 PM
I won't go to the damn Rock N Roll* Hall of Fame if they paid me.

Abba has been inducted
Michael Jackson has been inducted

Boston hasn't been inducted

Fuck them.

* in name only

Other than that, Cleveland is a great place to drive through on the way to someplace else.

hey man when are we gonna get together and have that Boston listening party??? i got some home made chex mix and a 12 pack of tab. we can just kick back and vibe out to some classic Boston tunes as we watch the sun set together

gblowfish
05-17-2013, 03:27 PM
Is Boston, like "Big" in Boston? I thought that was Aerosmith's town???

SAUTO
05-17-2013, 03:35 PM
You could meet and hang out with Charles Ramsey. R a m s e y
Posted via Mobile Device

Radar Chief
05-17-2013, 03:35 PM
hey man when are we gonna get together and have that Boston listening party??? i got some home made chex mix and a 12 pack of tab. we can just kick back and vibe out to some classic Boston tunes as we watch the sun set together

It’s a trap frazod, he’s got more than a feeling for you.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Tab and Boston are a great combo; they are both soooooooooooo '78.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-17-2013, 03:39 PM
I hear Kenny Chesney is making his way back there on a sexy tractor.
Posted via Mobile Device

J Diddy
05-17-2013, 03:42 PM
It was a very moving experience going there. I'm glad I went. Gave me a first hand look at what happened. Scary stuff, man.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-OmZvyNrzAs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I remember reading about it. Actually considering all the BS that's going on, it was a pretty stupid thing I said. Sometimes my attempts at humor go beyond thinking.

sd4chiefs
05-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Wear a LeBron James jersey for one full day.

:)

Make sure it is a Miami Heat jersey.

CleveSteve
05-17-2013, 04:00 PM
What's there to do there outside of watching sport teams? Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame. Anything else?

Yeah, the Art Museum is a great one, really. They only have about 60% - 70% of it out (due to the ongoing expansion), but that's still a ton and you could spend hours there. And it's free.

The new location for the Modern Art Museum also just opened. I haven't been there yet, as I haven't been back home since it did, but it's a cool building and there are several nice places to eat around there.

When are you going? The internationally-famous (check out "The Big Five" if you don't believe me) Cleveland Orchestra's season is wrapping up next week... and Severance Hall is an amazing place to see a performance.

The Cleveland Metroparks are quite nice for a summer hike/stroll depending on which park you go to.

If you make it to Little Italy while there, make sure you check out Presti's Bakery. It's one of the things I miss most about home.

For a fun restaurant experience, check out Melt Bar and Grilled (there's an east and a west location).

The second street district is one of the more vibrant nightlife areas right now, and the Warehouse District is the other significant downtown entertainment area. The flats is under reconstruction right now, and I wouldn't recommend going there.

The Ohio City/Tremont area just west of downtown has a lot of nice restaurants as well, and the West Side Market is a fun experience.

Pretty decent zoo if you have kids.

Sfeihc
05-17-2013, 04:01 PM
Cleveland is fun sports town if you aren't wearing opposing teams colors. I've been to several Chiefs games in Cleveland including the D. Rudd helmet game and their fans are the worst outside of the Black Hole.

CleveSteve
05-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Cleveland is fun sports town if you aren't wearing opposing teams colors. I've been to several Chiefs games in Cleveland including the D. Rudd helmet game and their fans are the worst outside of the Black Hole.

Oh man. That game was the worst.

Demonpenz
05-17-2013, 04:04 PM
Nothing like a nickleback tribute to really rub salt into a gunshot wound.

Rain Man
05-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Oh man. That game was the worst.

We very seldom call that play.

Thig Lyfe
05-17-2013, 04:37 PM
It’s a trap frazod, he’s got more than a feeling for you.

;)

OrtonsPiercedTaint
05-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Throw eggs in the dirt, just short of Elvis Grbac's front door.

PunkinDrublic
05-17-2013, 06:51 PM
I visited the RnR HOF in 2000. There's a lot of cool things in the place even though having a HOF for music is the most unrockinroll thing ever. I don't know why so many people shit on Cleveland. I'd never want to live there but it's not the shithole so many people make it out to be. BTW if you find out where Chris Perez lives burn the place to the ground. Preferably while he's asleep inside.

ClevelandBronco
05-17-2013, 06:53 PM
I always liked growing up there and getting my ass out at my first opportunity.

Al Bundy
05-17-2013, 07:10 PM

THIS!!!!!

chiefzilla1501
05-17-2013, 08:10 PM
There's nothing special about Cleveland. But if i had to give a to do list, I'd say....

-Agree. Drive an hour and go to Cedar Point. Pretty phenomenal
-Hit up Great Lakes Brewery. Some awesome beers there
-HIt up Jacobs Field (now Progressive Field). Still gotta love that it was the first of the wave of new ballparks
-If you've got time, go to Put-in-Bay. It's a man-made island and about 2 hours away. You take a ferry to get there, but it's like redneck mardi gras

Toadkiller
05-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Fast forward to 1:58 if you dont want to wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu8koHqEEPo

Psyko Tek
05-17-2013, 11:36 PM

THIS

and or course the fishing

TLO
05-18-2013, 12:50 AM
Cleveland sucks.

a pp roach
05-18-2013, 01:15 AM
surprised nobody mentioned the hotspot cleveland is for kidnapping young girls for their childhood

TinyEvel
05-18-2013, 02:13 AM
abduct girls?

EagleRob
05-18-2013, 05:00 AM
Fast forward to 1:58 if you dont want to wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu8koHqEEPo

Didn't see that in the travel guide...