PDA

View Full Version : Football 49ers receiver Michael Crabtree has a torn Achilles

ShowtimeSBMVP
05-22-2013, 11:48 AM
49ers receiver Michael Crabtree has a torn Achilles
Mike Garafolo, USA TODAY Sports12:07 p.m. EDT May 22, 2013
crabtree achilles 5.21.13

(Photo: Cary Edmondson, USA TODAY Sports)
Story Highlights

Nines receiver Michael Crabtree tore his Achilles during a workout Tuesday
He will undergo surgery to repair what could be a season-ending injury
Crabtree is coming off a breakout year and a sensational postseason

San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree suffered a torn Achilles tendon during organized team activities Tuesday and will soon undergo what could be season-ending surgery, a person informed of the injury told USA TODAY Sports.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the 49ers haven't commented on the injury, which used to be an automatic season-ender but has since become one that can sometimes be rehabbed in a matter of months -- as Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs and Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive end Da'Quan Bowers did last year.

Both players tore the tendon in the spring and returned to the field after starting the year on the physically unable to perform list.

Crabtree, 25, is coming off a breakout season in which he had career-highs in receptions (85), yards (1,105) and touchdowns (nine), following three seasons in which he struggled to live up to the expectations placed upon him when the Niners selected him 10th overall in 2009.

The injury to Crabtree comes at an unfortunate point in his career and for the 49ers, though the team has been working to build depth on offense. Perhaps the Niners would consider bringing back Randy Moss, who hasn't yet retired and tweeted in March he "wished we could've finished the job!!"

Crabtree did all he could to help the Niners win a title. He had a huge postseason – 20 catches for 285 yards and three touchdowns, with one of those touchdowns coming in the Super Bowl. But the 49ers needed one more score from him to beat the Baltimore Ravens as time was running out and were unable to get it.

Crabtree, who had a 24-yard catch to move the ball into Ravens territory, was the intended receiver on a quick rollout pass on third-and-goal and a fade on fourth-and-goal that sailed over his head as he was defended by Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith. Niners coach Jim Harbaugh wanted a pass-interference call on both plays but was denied by the officials.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/niners/2013/05/22/49ers-receiver-michael-crabtree-torn-achilles/2350547/

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
05-22-2013, 11:51 AM
Haha. Fuck the Niners

Pasta Little Brioni
bummer tude dude

SAUTO
Serves all these assholes right.
Posted via Mobile Device

In58men
Pretty shitty.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Somewhere on a trolley Kaepernick weeps

Mr. Laz
05-22-2013, 11:52 AM
wow ... if he was older than 24 i would be thinking he's probably done.

bad type of injury for that position

3 injuries you don't want to hear .. achilles,concussion,foot(lis franc,chronic turf toe etc)

Sorter
05-22-2013, 11:53 AM
That sucks

In58men
05-22-2013, 11:54 AM

3 injuries you don't want to hear .. achilles,concussion,foot(lis franc,chronic turf toe etc)

I'm no doctor, but spinal injuries top the list.

Mav
05-22-2013, 11:58 AM
couldn't happen to a nicer jackass. The niner fan in me, says this sucks, the Kaep, and Crab hater, says HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........

Boldin is better anyways.

Discuss Thrower
We'll trade them Baldwin and McCluster for our 2014 second rounder back.

gblowfish
Trade them Baldwin for our second round pick next year...

Fritz88
05-22-2013, 11:59 AM
He was Kaeps top target, wasn't he?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav
05-22-2013, 11:59 AM
We'll trade them Baldwin and McCluster for our 2014 second rounder back.

Luckily, we had too many receivers to begin with.

Boldin,
Jenkins,
Patton,
Kyle Williams,
Manningham,
Lockette......

That's even without crabtree. Means we will see a lot more of Vance McDonald our te as well......

Mav
05-22-2013, 12:00 PM
He was Kaeps top target, wasn't he?
Posted via Mobile Device

wasn't even close.

mcaj22
05-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Luckily, we had too many receivers to begin with.

Boldin,
Jenkins,
Patton,
Kyle Williams,
Manningham,
Lockette......

That's even without crabtree. Means we will see a lot more of Vance McDonald our te as well......

5 of those nobodies have like 400 yards total production between them lol

Rain Man
05-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Alex Smith was the only thing holding that team together.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-22-2013, 12:06 PM

At least you are consistent.

Mav
05-22-2013, 12:07 PM

everybody was a no body until they were a somebody........

BigCatDaddy
05-22-2013, 12:10 PM
That's what you get assholes for ruining our season!

Rain Man
everybody was a no body until they were a somebody........

Matt Cassel wasn't. He was a somebody first, and then became a nobody. You can look it up.

Pasta Little Brioni
Photoshop of Miguel taking out Crab for rep....GO!!!!

Mav
05-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Matt Cassel wasn't. He was a somebody first, and then became a nobody. You can look it up.

Not exactly sure how a guy who never had a start in college, was a somebody, before becoming a nobody.

He was a nobody, who became a somebody, (ironically enough thanks to the chiefs) who then traded for that somebody, who became a nobody lol.

You guys got fucked twice. If Bernard Pollard never kills Tom Brady, perhaps this whole Matt Cassel hell never takes place. ROFL

ChiliConCarnage
05-22-2013, 12:15 PM
That's what you get assholes for ruining our next two seasons!

fixed

mcaj22
05-22-2013, 12:32 PM
At least you are consistent.

that's the way she goes sometimes youre consistent sometimes youre not

FlaChief58
05-22-2013, 12:38 PM
Alex Smith was the only thing holding that team together.

LMAO

Demonpenz
05-22-2013, 12:41 PM
That franchised is cursed

Messier
05-22-2013, 12:42 PM
That's what you get assholes for ruining our season!

What wouldn't have ruined the season for you?

ct
05-22-2013, 12:48 PM
lets send em mccluster for a 2nd

BigCatDaddy
05-22-2013, 12:53 PM
What wouldn't have ruined the season for you?

Show signs of working towards a long term top 10 QB. If you don't draft or trade for one this year then aquire picks next year, or at the very least don't trade those picks away.

Mr. Laz
05-22-2013, 12:55 PM
I'm no doctor, but spinal injuries top the list.
yea ... but death tops the list

Setsuna
05-22-2013, 02:23 PM
The Niners will trade for Bowe and get another 2nd rounder in the process. Win organization.

Phobia
05-22-2013, 02:25 PM
I found some deer antler sheds I'll sell for tens of thousands of NFL dollars.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-22-2013, 02:34 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/LeBron-James-Smallest-Violin-Gif.gif

motto1997
05-22-2013, 03:00 PM
couldn't happen to a nicer jackass. The niner fan in me, says this sucks, the Kaep, and Crab hater, says HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........

You sick scumbag hope Karma gets you good and Alice the BUST has one of his worst seasons yet. YOU ARE A DISGRACE!

Pasta Little Brioni
05-22-2013, 03:02 PM
The dozen or so actual Ram fans just busted nuts

BlackHelicopters
05-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Sad

houstonwhodat
05-22-2013, 03:23 PM

What's wrong with Crabbie?

Is he a dick or something?

jd34
05-22-2013, 03:23 PM
SF has plenty of time to look at the roster and see if a move needs to be made. Jenkins was a disappointment last season by not seeing the field at all, however, Kaepernick had not seen much of the field and he used the year he had on the bench to come out firing. They also have a nice player in Quinton Patton from La Tech.

AlexSmithDynasty
05-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Crabtree isn't an elite receiver, but he's pretty damn good especially with yards after the catch. He's the number one receiver on the team, to lose him for the season definitely hurts. I don't really trust Anquan Olden to be a number 1 guy at this stage in his career. Williams and Manningham are both coming off ACL tears and Jenkins is a huge question mark at this point. Hopefully Vernon has a big year.

Rain Man
05-22-2013, 03:34 PM

Yeah, but explosive death where your bones become missiles and shrapnel and damage other players' achilles tendons tops the list.

saphojunkie
05-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Trade them Baldwin for our second round pick next year...

My first thought.

Haha. **** the Niners

My second thought.

Kaepernick
05-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Next man up! Time for AJ Jenkins to fill his 1st round draft position. Boldin and Vernon Davis are still dangerous weapons. Huge setback to the 49ers dominance but they went to the super bowl with only one true #1 in Crabtree. Now they have Boldin instead of Crabtree rather than with him. Huge blow to hopes of dominance but the team still has every chance to get back to the super bowl.

Next man up. Jenkins, you are on the clock! Lookout for Patton because he is right behind you.

Kaepernick
05-22-2013, 03:45 PM

Yeah, pretty tough to catch passes from the morgue. Brilliant. :clap:

Kaepernick
05-22-2013, 03:49 PM
The dozen or so actual Ram fans just busted nuts

The entire city of Seattle is rejoicing.

saphojunkie
05-22-2013, 04:01 PM
The entire city of Seattle is slightly nodding moodily while it pours rain.

FIFY

Mav
05-22-2013, 04:47 PM
What's wrong with Crabbie?

Is he a dick or something?
Just always been meh on him. hes attitude from day one, even before the draft was kinda meh, then when we drafted him he immediately holds out because he thought he should of been the first receiver taken, to spitting on alex smith when alex was running camp alex, to throwing alex smith under the bus after the NFCCG despite the fact that he himself dropped 3 passes the week before against the saints, and alex never threw him under the bus. Hes just a Diva. Real good talent, just a Diva. I can do without.
Next man up! Time for AJ Jenkins to fill his 1st round draft position. Boldin and Vernon Davis are still dangerous weapons. Huge setback to the 49ers dominance but they went to the super bowl with only one true #1 in Crabtree. Now they have Boldin instead of Crabtree rather than with him. Huge blow to hopes of dominance but the team still has every chance to get back to the super bowl.

Next man up. Jenkins, you are on the clock! Lookout for Patton because he is right behind you.

Im excited for Jenkins. He put on that muscle, has been working out with Kaep. He could really explode.

vailpass
05-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Q and Crab together would have been sick.

SAUTO
05-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Just always been meh on him. hes attitude from day one, even before the draft was kinda meh, then when we drafted him he immediately holds out because he thought he should of been the first receiver taken, to spitting on alex smith when alex was running camp alex, to throwing alex smith under the bus after the NFCCG despite the fact that he himself dropped 3 passes the week before against the saints, and alex never threw him under the bus. Hes just a Diva. Real good talent, just a Diva. I can do without.

Im excited for Jenkins. He put on that muscle, has been working out with Kaep. He could really explode.
Could you be a little more clear when you say "we"?

You use it for the chiefs, browns, niners, your family.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
05-22-2013, 04:50 PM
Yeah, but explosive death where your bones become missiles and shrapnel and damage other players' achilles tendons tops the list.
infinity X infinity

Consistent1
05-22-2013, 04:55 PM
The entire city of Seattle is rejoicing.

For sure. Those games are going to be great this year. To lose a decent receiver never helps.

Mav
05-22-2013, 04:56 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Im not sure I have ever used WE for the chiefs, but, Yes, we could pertain to the other three. :D

SAUTO
05-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Im not sure I have ever used WE for the chiefs, but, Yes, we could pertain to the other three. :D

You have buddy. Maybe it was someone else/you
Posted via Mobile Device

OrtonsPiercedTaint
05-22-2013, 05:29 PM
No sympathy for the devil around these here parts.

Mav
05-22-2013, 06:14 PM
You have buddy. Maybe it was someone else/you
Posted via Mobile Device

That's a low blow. You sure you aren't confusing ME, with Mac Chiefs, niners?

Hence the Chief in there?

Oh, and im still not a mult, no matter HOW bad you want it to be.

Thig Lyfe
05-22-2013, 06:15 PM

Maybe he can bulk up and play TE?

houstonwhodat
05-22-2013, 06:32 PM

dayum.

Didn't know all that.

He spit on Alex?

What a dick.

Kaepernick
05-22-2013, 06:57 PM
dayum.

Didn't know all that.

He spit on Alex?

What a dick.

Don't believe what you read. Ask for a link.

First, Snoopy is using the term "spit" metaphorically, not physically.

Second, ask him to post a link or an excerpt as to how Crabtree "spit on" Alex. It doesn't ring a bell to me.

I don't recall Crabtree putting Alex down, only expressing frustration. Maybe you can get Snoopy to enlighten us all.

This is the downside of the internet. Anybody can say anything and somebody will just automatically believe it without demanding proof.

BossChief
05-22-2013, 07:39 PM
I do remember Crabtree saying that Kaepernick trusted him more.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
05-22-2013, 08:49 PM
Maybe he can bulk up and play TE?

Can he sing or rap?

Kaepernick
05-22-2013, 10:16 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

All of his multiple accounts.

Sorry, I kid, I kid! :D

You just set it up for me to hit out of the park. I couldn't resist.

He doesn't really have multiple accounts. o:-)

Saulbadguy
05-22-2013, 10:47 PM
SD,B

Ming the Merciless
05-22-2013, 11:45 PM
I guess we will really see if kap is the real deal or not

Consistent1
05-22-2013, 11:51 PM

It will be interesting to see what they to do with this. They have some extra picks and are obviously close to the top of the entire NFL.

Sorter
05-22-2013, 11:54 PM
QUINTON PATTON BABY!!!!

In58men
05-23-2013, 10:00 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/24/qejyza8u.jpg

Discuss Thrower
05-23-2013, 10:53 AM

Grant land?

Mav
05-23-2013, 11:37 AM
Don't believe what you read. Ask for a link.

First, Snoopy is using the term "spit" metaphorically, not physically.

Second, ask him to post a link or an excerpt as to how Crabtree "spit on" Alex. It doesn't ring a bell to me.

I don't recall Crabtree putting Alex down, only expressing frustration. Maybe you can get Snoopy to enlighten us all.

This is the downside of the internet. Anybody can say anything and somebody will just automatically believe it without demanding proof.

Actually, I can name two instances specifically.

One, during the lockout when Alex was running camp alex, you know the thing that he paid for out of his own pocket, DESPITE not having a contract with the 49ers, and he was doing his own thing in texas, when asked if he would be working out with them. his remark was "who is the qb?" he was told, and said nah, ill be doing my own thing. First metaphorical spitting, second following the NFCCG when he goes "you have to give your guy a chance to make a play, although, he was never open, never took the extra time to work on timing with Alex Smith, and was called fat on national tv by jerry rice. Never once heard alex throw him under the bus, you know, like when he dropped those three passes against the Saints?

And, I have always been meh on Crabtree. Don't like his attitude, don't like his I am great, because im great. Wasn't until Jim Harbaugh showed up, that he even bothered to participate in the offseason stuff, and was always hurt. Celebrates his own accomplishments, but didn't bother celebrating others. Watch the video of Alex scoring, and then Vernon scoring against the saints. Crabs no where to be found. But when he scored at the beginning of the game, everyone was there for him. It took randy moss, think about this, IT TOOK RANDY MOSS to show Crabtree how to sit up front in meetings and to take off his hoody, and become a man, and a professional. The guy is an ass clown. I don't have to like him. hes a shit teammate, and more than likely, a shitty human being......

I don't have to like him, no more than you Kaep have to like alex smith as a football player.

Mav
05-23-2013, 11:38 AM

In the end, this could be a blessing in disquise. it will force Kaep to trust other receivers more. Last year, he had such a dynamic with Crabs, that it hurt us in the end.

Although, I think boldin is going to become his favorite target.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-23-2013, 07:47 PM
In the end, this could be a blessing in disquise. it will force Kaep to trust other receivers more. Last year, he had such a dynamic with Crabs, that it hurt us in the end.

Although, I think boldin is going to become his favorite target.

He was an abortion throwing to receivers other than Crabtree. Had the numbers the other day, but can't find em.

MotherfuckerJones
05-23-2013, 10:24 PM

ROFL

Sandy Vagina
05-24-2013, 06:47 AM
I don't have to like him, no more than you Kaep have to like alex smith as a football player.

Have to agree with everything you said recently, Maverick.

I don't like Crabtree.. but I don't hate him either. He is definitely a "me" kind of player. I hope we have a guy in Patton, AJJ, whoever! that can step up and make Crabtree expendable. He is good, but not irreplaceable by any means.

I still remember a few years back when Crabtree was volley-ball tipping a bunch of INTs. Alex would put the ball in his hands, and Crabtree was bobble it up (or it would bounce off his shoulder) for a miserable INT. Then in the media, he would deny ever dropping any passes.

Anyway, Crabtree started getting it together in the last 2 years. Even Alex was making Crabtree a priority in the last full game he played (vs Arizona). I for one would have no interest in paying Crabtree huge money on a new contract. He'll likely want to hit FA and make a push for his beloved Cowboys.