PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Shaved Head and Goatee

salame
05-23-2013, 03:23 AM
How many of you have them?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_W43tYBmnb6o/TGS2UzLDZ-I/AAAAAAAAAWk/4uAY2oRZw98/s1600/Im-Gonna-Go-Listen-Linkin-Park_500x500.jpg

salame
05-23-2013, 03:24 AM
http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/8/861/J8GJ000Z/posters/linkin-park.jpg

InChiefsHeaven
05-23-2013, 07:58 AM
I did it a few years ago, mostly because I didn't want to pay for haircuts anymore. Seemed ok...until I was told by many that I just looked like a criminal Nazi skinhead...grew some hair back after that.

MoreLemonPledge
05-23-2013, 08:02 AM
I've had it since Stone Cold Steve Austin did it.

In58men
05-23-2013, 08:03 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/23/na8yrave.jpg

So close

allen_kcCard
05-23-2013, 08:04 AM
http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/245/5/f/heisenberg_by_avenger_jad-d5ddbqf.jpg

loochy
05-23-2013, 08:07 AM
If you can't grow hair on your head and you want to look mean, then this is the way to go.

http://www.champmm.com/images/goldberg2.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_74DOUg2qS3k/TWyF_nRC4FI/AAAAAAAAEP8/DgkfYGNlFgs/Stone%20Cold%20Steve%20Austin%20Finger%20(wwestalker).jpg

UberSparky
05-23-2013, 08:55 AM
I sport it every summer. I grow what little I can in winter for hunting season.

Rain Man
05-23-2013, 08:56 AM
Hair is really overrated on men. On women, hair is great. (Head hear only - let's be clear about that.) But on men, who cares? There are only about four different hair styles for men if you don't count girly styles, so it's not exactly a differentiator, and it takes time to maintain. For that reason I don't have hair and I don't have a goatee, as illustrated in my avatar.

For the record, the four men's hair styles are:

The opie: http://www.paulwesterberg.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/opie03.jpg

The surfer: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_30PRmkOl4ro/Sw5_nLkqyyI/AAAAAAAAYDw/56gFDKR8WQU/s400/Owen+Wilson+Surfer+Blonde+Hair.jpg

The sweep: http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/Ea/esq-07-ewan-mcgregor-golden-globes-2012-011512-mdn.jpg

The balding (with some variants): http://content.artofmanliness.com/uploads//2010/07/terry.jpg

I'm not counting stuff like mullets and pompadours that are more embarrassment than hairstyle.

ThatRaceCardGuy
05-23-2013, 08:57 AM
I do.

InChiefsHeaven
05-23-2013, 08:58 AM
I sport it every summer. I grow what little I can in winter for hunting season.

I had done it in the summer, and noticed that my head sweat like a damn sponge...which, let's face it that's been the case since I turned 30 but it was way worse with the shaved head.

loochy
05-23-2013, 09:00 AM
I've got an opie/surfer/sweep hybrid

rageeumr
05-23-2013, 09:03 AM
I grew a goatee once for grins. I had to Just-For-Men it because my chin hairs came in blond. Plus I looked like a complete tool. It lasted about a week, but unfortunately that week included a buddy's wedding, so it's immortalized forever.

Never shaved the dome, though.

Fairplay
05-23-2013, 09:03 AM
If you can't grow hair on your head and you want to look mean, then this is the way to go.

Walk around in tights?

loochy
05-23-2013, 09:05 AM
Walk around in tights?

only if you are large and muscular.

otherwise you should wear big boots, jeans, and a leather jacket

tooge
05-23-2013, 09:07 AM
No. I think they are to make fat assed frumps look tough. If you have hair, grow it. If you don't have much, grow it and keep it short.

Rain Man
05-23-2013, 09:08 AM
I grew a goatee once for grins. I had to Just-For-Men it because my chin hairs came in blond. Plus I looked like a complete tool. It lasted about a week, but unfortunately that week included a buddy's wedding, so it's immortalized forever.

Never shaved the dome, though.

Once when I shaved off a beard I went a couple of hours with various looks. I don't remember the order, but I went with a goatee, a fu manchu, an Ambrose Burnside, and at the end a cute little Hitler. A few others in between.

I see why people like the fu manchu. Even if it looks terrible on every other person on earth, it makes you think of yourself as a real bada**.

Sandy Vagina
05-23-2013, 09:14 AM
To each his own, but I don't like the goatee. Looks fruity to me. Bald works okay for some head shapes... I go with the 1/4 inch short buzz cut and 2 week old beard. I never shave more than once a week or two... and it's easy to just buzz my head myself.

Overall, there is too much concern over vanity and appearance... but that's another subject entirely.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Once when I shaved off a beard I went a couple of hours with various looks. I don't remember the order, but I went with a goatee, a fu manchu, an Ambrose Burnside, and at the end a cute little Hitler. A few others in between.

I see why people like the fu manchu. Even if it looks terrible on every other person on earth, it makes you think of yourself as a real bada**.

I grow a full beard every winter. I eventually get tired of it and do the same thing, except I let the phases last longer.

Teaching classes with a full Fu-Manchu is far more exciting than it should be.

I've worn a Hitler out in public once, but only to go grab food. When I have it shaved in I usually just end up walking by mirrors and screaming lines from Das Boot or Die Hard.

Rain Man
05-23-2013, 03:36 PM
I grow a full beard every winter. I eventually get tired of it and do the same thing, except I let the phases last longer.

I've worn a Hitler out in public once, but only to go grab food. When I have it shaved in I usually just end up walking by mirrors and screaming lines from Das Boot or Die Hard.

It's a bold move to wear a Hitler out in public. And yeah, what is it about a Fu Manchu that makes a man feel like he can take on the world?

Rain Man
05-23-2013, 03:37 PM
As a bit of trivia, I saw some documentary a while back that said that Hitler did his moustache design because when he was a soldier in WWI, a regular moustache interfered with his gas mask. The small one didn't.

Ceej
05-23-2013, 03:43 PM
I have a goatee and not a bald head.

But I do buzz it.

I used to keep a beard, but it's more maintenance and itched like a motherfucker.

ModSocks
05-23-2013, 03:43 PM
Bald? Nah. I do get a fade though. 2 on the top, 1 on the side.

loochy
05-23-2013, 04:09 PM
One of these is where it's at:

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l281/erclsr/IMG_20120610_132321_zps4beca81f.jpg

Ceej
05-23-2013, 04:40 PM
I blame loochy for beer price increases!

saphojunkie
05-23-2013, 05:06 PM
Shaved head + Goatee + Oakleys + Truck = Welcome to my pure contempt.

cosmo20002
05-23-2013, 05:11 PM
I did it a few years ago, mostly because I didn't want to pay for haircuts anymore. Seemed ok...until I was told by many that I just looked like a criminal Nazi skinhead...grew some hair back after that.

Hmmm....are you sure they weren't being influenced by that armband you usually wear? :p

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-23-2013, 05:11 PM
One of these is where it's at:

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l281/erclsr/IMG_20120610_132321_zps4beca81f.jpg

I've done the Lemmy before. It's hard not to smile when walking past a mirror.

SAUTO
05-23-2013, 05:24 PM
I have a goatee and not a bald head.

But I do buzz it.

I used to keep a beard, but it's more maintenance and itched like a motherfucker. I go with a number one and a full beard.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ceej
05-23-2013, 05:31 PM
I go with a number one and a full beard.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've been going with a two lately.

Probably a number one when it starts to get hotter outside.

I may bring back the beard, but less shaving/trimming with the goatee. And no Oakleys or Affliction shirts here.

SAUTO
05-23-2013, 05:53 PM
I've been going with a two lately.

Probably a number one when it starts to get hotter outside.

I may bring back the beard, but less shaving/trimming with the goatee. And no Oakleys or Affliction shirts here. I just let the beard go and have my barber trim it once a week. I keep some length on it.

never owned anything Oakley or affliction either
Posted via Mobile Device

Bump
05-23-2013, 06:10 PM
I went full goatee over the winter. Never done it before, didn't care for it so I shaved it later.

Bump
05-23-2013, 06:12 PM
fuck it. This is what I looked like with a goat a few months ago.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Bump4/282845_10101096073766349_708646301_n_zps97f3f018.jpg

kcxiv
05-23-2013, 06:56 PM
I just no guard my hair cut. I used to have the goat but I get heat rash on my chin so I had to shave it. It would itch bad lol

InChiefsHeaven
05-23-2013, 07:56 PM
Hmmm....are you sure they weren't being influenced by that armband you usually wear? :p

Might have been the brown shirt, now that you mention it...heh.

I work at a probation office, which also has a residential facility where the probationers\parollees live. When I had it done I was walking to the facility and saw 4 guys out smoking...I had way too much resemblance. That day my boss told me to grow some damn hair cuz I look like the offenders...that was enough for me:)

Titty Meat
05-23-2013, 08:17 PM
Beards are too fucking itchy

SAUTO
05-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Beards are too fucking itchy

Doesn't itch me a bit, feels natural but I've got soft facial hair
Posted via Mobile Device

aturnis
05-23-2013, 09:10 PM
I've got this...

MOhillbilly
05-23-2013, 09:30 PM
^what the hell is that thing?

aturnis
05-23-2013, 09:32 PM
^what the hell is that thing?

It's muh rally beard.

MOhillbilly
05-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Reminds me of Hot Tub Lovers.

aturnis
05-23-2013, 10:02 PM
Reminds me of Hot Tub Lovers.

I must say, I am no stranger to the Welshly Arms.

mikey23545
05-23-2013, 10:26 PM
Hair is really overrated on men. On women, hair is great. (Head hear only - let's be clear about that.) But on men, who cares? There are only about four different hair styles for men if you don't count girly styles, so it's not exactly a differentiator, and it takes time to maintain. For that reason I don't have hair and I don't have a goatee, as illustrated in my avatar.

For the record, the four men's hair styles are:

The opie: http://www.paulwesterberg.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/opie03.jpg

The surfer: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_30PRmkOl4ro/Sw5_nLkqyyI/AAAAAAAAYDw/56gFDKR8WQU/s400/Owen+Wilson+Surfer+Blonde+Hair.jpg

The sweep: http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/Ea/esq-07-ewan-mcgregor-golden-globes-2012-011512-mdn.jpg

The balding (with some variants): http://content.artofmanliness.com/uploads//2010/07/terry.jpg

I'm not counting stuff like mullets and pompadours that are more embarrassment than hairstyle.

In other words, you're a bald mofo that can't grow enough hair on your face to sport a beard.

salame
05-24-2013, 01:51 AM
this thread pleases me

Consistent1
05-24-2013, 02:08 AM
My experience of having a shaved head for years is that SOME people over think it. A co-worker told me that a customer asked if I had cancer. LOL. Yeah, sure. I probably weighed about 205 lean with abs at that point. It all depends on the interest level people have on you. Due to relationship problems I have been living in a small town for while now. You go somewhere 30 miles in any direction here, that has more population, people don't give a shit.

Lzen
05-24-2013, 06:26 AM
Meh I first started shaving my head in 1995 before it was all the rage. I was balding on top and I hate that clown look. Been shaving it ever since. Fuck you haters that still have your hair! Had a goatee for a long time as well. But I got rid of that recently (too much gray hairs). The only reason I ever kept it that long is because the wife loved it.

Phobia
05-24-2013, 07:43 AM
I've been letting my goatee get huge lately. It looks like 3 lbs of badass hanging from the bottom of my face. I also still have all of my hair on top of my head. But I'll be joining the shaved club the moment I go bald. So far I've been very blessed.

MOhillbilly
05-24-2013, 08:29 AM
I decided over the winter to never shave my face again.

Ever

Dayze
05-24-2013, 08:41 AM
I've had about 3 haircuts in 2 years. and the 'haircuts' were about a 1/4" at a time. Whole heads was a #2, 2 years ago.

Damn hippie.

lcarus
05-24-2013, 08:44 AM
I've been growing my hair long for almost a year. Not quite shoulder length yet. It's pretty horrid looking right now, truth be told. It's like in its teenager years right now. Out of control.

Dayze
05-24-2013, 08:45 AM
I've been growing my hair long for almost a year. Not quite shoulder length yet. It's pretty horrid looking right now, truth be told. It's like in its teenager years right now. Out of control.

that's right about the time I almost said "F it" and cut it off. I had a bit of a James Spader feathering effect from Pretty in Pink. It sucked.

now it's just about to my shoulders, all one length. Finally at the point where I'll look in the mirror and say "JFC my hair is long".

lcarus
05-24-2013, 09:03 AM
that's right about the time I almost said "F it" and cut it off. I had a bit of a James Spader feathering effect from Pretty in Pink. It sucked.

now it's just about to my shoulders, all one length. Finally at the point where I'll look in the mirror and say "JFC my hair is long".

Yes mine does not look pretty. Ive considered choppin it off but I've gone this far. Might as well let it go

Dayze
05-24-2013, 09:06 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/164429/ben-stiller-do-it-o.gif

lcarus
05-24-2013, 09:14 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/164429/ben-stiller-do-it-o.gif

Hey I need words of encouragement here. Because right now I look like David Spade circa 2000 if he had raped an electrical outlet with a fork.

Dayze
05-24-2013, 09:23 AM
yep...that time frame SUCKED.

it went from not so bad, to horrible in the span of about 2 weeks. went to get a haircut, thinking they could do something about it, and said "well, if you're growing it out....there's nothing you can do. the in-between stages are terrible".

stick with it if you want long hair. mine is down to myshoulders nearly. can tuck everything behind my ears. can do the pony-tail deal, but I haven't quite yet; only do it when I'm hot.

suzzer99
05-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Am I the only one that read this as "shaved head and goatse" and got a horrible image in my head?

2bikemike
05-24-2013, 11:22 AM
I started with a goatee many years ago, before they were popular. I had always worn my hair long except for the 6 years I spent in Uncle Sams Canoe club.

Having to always wear a motorcycle helmet I got tired of the helmet head look plus my hair started thinning. So I started shaving it down to a 2 or 3 guard. The thinning didn't stop and so I just started shaving my head.

My wife misses my hair and wishes I would try and grow it back out, I keep telling her its too late, I can look like Stone Cold or I could look like Gallagher, her choice.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-24-2013, 11:37 AM

LMAO The college pseudo-terrorist look. Very popular with the lads these days.

Lzen
05-24-2013, 11:50 AM
I've been letting my goatee get huge lately. It looks like 3 lbs of badass hanging from the bottom of my face. I also still have all of my hair on top of my head. But I'll be joining the shaved club the moment I go bald. So far I've been very blessed.

I think you should color the goatee. Something like a blue or a green. Or perhaps both. Pink will love it!

Reaper16
05-24-2013, 11:59 AM
I've had long hair -- mid-back or longer -- for close to 13 years at this point. That's 40 something percent of my life. I've been giving lots of idle thought to cutting it all off. I'm probably going to get a #2 buzzcut sometime in the next few weeks. I will certainly be keeping my beard.

Consistent1
05-24-2013, 12:42 PM
I've had long hair -- mid-back or longer -- for close to 13 years at this point. That's 40 something percent of my life. I've been giving lots of idle thought to cutting it all off. I'm probably going to get a #2 buzzcut sometime in the next few weeks. I will certainly be keeping my beard.

That is a tough decision really. I never had mine quite that long, but it takes a lot of time to grow back.

Reaper16
05-24-2013, 01:14 PM
That is a tough decision really. I never had mine quite that long, but it takes a lot of time to grow back.

Yeah, it'd take me two years of growth before it gets down to the bottom of the shoulder blades (where my hair is right now, after I donated 12 inches back in December).

But I've been feeling the itch to change in a big way. This random woman in a bar I was talking to said that guys with super long hair won't ever cut it because their whole identity gets to wrapped up into it. There's a lot of truth in that statement, and I kind of want to show myself that my identity isn't mutually inclusive with my hair. It helps me to stand out, sure. But I don't need to be the dude being quietly rebellious anymore. Plus, a haircut probably won't hurt when I'm on the academic job market next year.

But mostly its the change factor. 13 years with the same basic look is feeling like a looooong time for me right now.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-24-2013, 01:20 PM
Yeah, it'd take me two years of growth before it gets down to the bottom of the shoulder blades (where my hair is right now, after I donated 12 inches back in December).

But I've been feeling the itch to change in a big way. This random woman in a bar I was talking to said that guys with super long hair won't ever cut it because their whole identity gets to wrapped up into it. There's a lot of truth in that statement, and I kind of want to show myself that my identity isn't mutually inclusive with my hair. It helps me to stand out, sure. But I don't need to be the dude being quietly rebellious anymore. Plus, a haircut probably won't hurt when I'm on the academic job market next year.

But mostly its the change factor. 13 years with the same basic look is feeling like a looooong time for me right now.

I went back and forth for a long time, then I moved to the southwest and kept it short. Too fucking hot out here for hair farmin'.

Pitt Gorilla
05-24-2013, 01:26 PM
I rock the sweep and have never worn a goatee. I'll don a full beard every now and then, but never a goat. WTF would anyone wear their facial hair that way?

Saccopoo
05-24-2013, 04:09 PM
I'm thinking of a skullet for the later half of 2013.

It's time to bring back the ugly.

Fuck, Klingon's and Ghallager have been rocking that shit for a while now and I bet they've got no trouble getting laid.

SAUTO
05-24-2013, 04:55 PM

Ever
Dude I pretty much decided the same thing. I worried about summer and the greases.
Posted via Mobile Device

WhiteWhale
05-24-2013, 05:02 PM

I had long hair from the age of 16 to 31. I cut it all off about three months ago. Pretty short, but I left me something to comb on the top.

I had a pretty sweet Thor look going for a decade and a half, but it was time for a change.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-24-2013, 11:08 PM
I'm thinking of a skullet for the later half of 2013.

It's time to bring back the ugly.

Fuck, Klingon's and Ghallager have been rocking that shit for a while now and I bet they've got no trouble getting laid.

Just saw your sig. Brah, just let it go. It will never happen with this franchise.

salame
05-24-2013, 11:58 PM
I love you guise

Dayze
05-25-2013, 02:17 AM

Yeah. , but if you ever became a traveling musical hippie and cut your hair everyone would be like "fuck this guy....you see how short his hair is"?

Lzen
05-25-2013, 06:20 AM
I rock the sweep and have never worn a goatee. I'll don a full beard every now and then, but never a goat. WTF would anyone wear their facial hair that way?

I dunno. Perhaps you should ask the guy in your sig.

Raiderhater58
05-25-2013, 06:48 AM

I went from long hair , all the same length almost to my waist, to a completely bald head. Never looked back.

Raiderhater58
05-25-2013, 06:50 AM

Ever
I haven't shaved since July 7th :)