PDA

View Full Version : Football "Full Color Football" History of the AFL

gblowfish
05-24-2013, 10:57 AM
Got this email today from my pal Ange, who hosts the old AFL website:

Hello, American Football League fans and former players:

You probably know that I've been trying (fruitlessly) to get NFL Films to release a reasonably-priced DVD set of Full Color Football ~ The History of the American Football League.

Now, through the magic of youtube, the complete five-hour show can be seen on-line. You don't have to google for it, just go to my new page at http://bit.ly/FullColorFootball

As I've previously noted, this is a great show, surprisingly honest about the AFL (by NFL Films standards), but I wish they had made it twice as long. Many of the AFL's great athletes were given short shrift, or not even mentioned.

Regardless, it remains the best self-contained record of our favorite league's history. I wanted to make this available, especially for former AFL players and their families, who may not have gotten Showtime or other pay-per-view venues that showed the series.

AFL vets, please show this to your children and your children's children, and tell them that in playing for the AFL, you were part of the genesis of modern Professional Football.

AFL fans, please enjoy the series. I'm thinking of starting a forum for critiquing each episode: what you liked, what you didn't like, what was NFL b.s., what you would have liked to have seen, etc. Let me know what you think of the forum idea.

Regards,
Ange Coniglio

Rain Man
05-24-2013, 10:59 AM
Cool. I missed some episodes when it was on. Thanks!

Lzen
05-24-2013, 12:05 PM
I watched this when it was on NFL Network or wherever I saw it a year or so ago. Very well done and very cool to see the beginnings. :thumb:

BlackHelicopters
05-24-2013, 12:18 PM
Great info. Thanks!

MatriculatingHank
05-24-2013, 12:21 PM
I grabbed a really clear copy from a torrent site. I'm sure you can think of the name...

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-24-2013, 01:09 PM
In.