PDA

View Full Version : Football Ban College Football? Whitlock and Tim Green vs The Eggheads

Easy 6
05-26-2013, 12:42 AM
Its a long show and late saturday probably isnt the best time to show it, but i watched a debate that i found absolutely fascinating a few weeks ago that featured our boy Jwhit... couldnt have enjoyed it more and was totally impressed with how Jason and Tim came across.

Any real fan of football, college or otherwise, will enjoy this battle of the minds, and i reeeally have to say how impressed i was with how good the journalist jocks were, they Definitely came across as the more levelheaded, polite rationalists, at times the pro ban duo are just being unbearable, loudly cackling and interupting and objecting like pointy headed hens, and were none too gracious at the end in subtle ways.

The audience vote for winner at the end made me want to kill my tv, kill it cold dead... what a load of too smart for thou people in the hall that night.

"You cant have The Free, without The Dumb" - Jason Whitlock

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/73DECIGwkt8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mcan
05-26-2013, 02:43 AM
Watched the first round of arguments, and quite frankly... The side to ban was the only side making any valid arguments. Jason and the other guy were making emotional appeals to nationalism and capitalism or playing "he said/she said" with how dangerous the game is. The first round is Gladwell... Trounced.

Wish they'd have sent a philosopher instead of a jock and a hack.

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2013, 08:29 AM
Let's ban everything.

Easy 6
05-28-2013, 12:04 PM
Watched the first round of arguments, and quite frankly... The side to ban was the only side making any valid arguments. Jason and the other guy were making emotional appeals to nationalism and capitalism or playing "he said/she said" with how dangerous the game is. The first round is Gladwell... Trounced.

Trounced? we must've watched different debates, the only thing the pro ban side seemed to come up with was saying "Junior Seau and Dave Duerson" over and over.

What arguments did you hear from them that made you think they won? The anti-ban side didnt just make emotional appeals at all imo, they correctly pointed out that the majority of players do just fine after football.

BlackHelicopters
05-28-2013, 01:12 PM
Ban Whitlock.

MahiMike
05-28-2013, 01:17 PM

I agree. And so did the audience.

ChiTown
05-28-2013, 01:37 PM

The "jock" is as a best selling author and practicing lawyer. He's no dummy.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-28-2013, 02:32 PM
Sans his embracing of Average Axl, Whitlock is the greatest sports writer of our Kansas City lives.

lcarus
05-28-2013, 04:34 PM
I don't see the issue. The players all know the issues with concussions and they still play. Nobody is being forced to play the game.

lcarus
05-28-2013, 04:50 PM
I just don't get anyone taking the stance of banning a sport due to medical aspects. I can't fucking stand people that want to ban things to protect people from themselves or their own decisions.

Setsuna
05-28-2013, 06:12 PM
I just don't get anyone taking the stance of banning a sport due to medical aspects. I can't ****ing stand people that want to ban things to protect people from themselves or their own decisions.

America is embracing this kind of thought more and more.

xztop123
05-28-2013, 08:10 PM
I stopped watching when he said he saw brain scans of people with CTE and it looked like a truck drove over the brain, then in the next sentence said we won't know how many players have it because it cannot be diagnosed until they die.

:banghead: