PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Imo's Pizza

gblowfish
06-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Seriously?
You St. Louis folks call THIS pizza???? Really???

We had some catered in at work today. Tastes like a saltine cracker with ragu and string cheese. Provel cheese, not mozzarella?

Last time I had Imo's was about 20 years ago. I was seriously wasted in downtown St. Louis and me and the group I was with sent out for pizza and beer at 3am. Delivery guy shows up with an Imo's Pizza and a six pack of warm Lemp Beer. Worst 4th meal evah.

So what's the fascination with this stuff? Please explain it to me.

Minsky's, Fun House, Old Shawnee Pizza I can deal with. This stuff.... hard to even call it pizza.

Dayze
06-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Fun House kicks ass. Don't live close enough anymore though. Bummer

KCUnited
06-07-2013, 11:49 AM
When I eat it, I get mine with provolone instead of provel. Also, Waldo Pizza does a better St. Louis style than Imo's, imo.

suzzer99
06-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Much like Chicago deep-dish (which is more like breaded lasagna than pizze), if you get over your idea of what pizza should taste like - you might like it. I love Imo's when I'm back in KC. But I doubt it would be a regular thing if I lived there.

DMAC
06-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Never understood it either when I lived there.

Stewie
06-07-2013, 11:51 AM
I know the Imo's by me didn't last long. There are much better options.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Your mistake is getting the pizza. Their house salad with ranch and toasted ravioli is fucking amazing.

Dayze
06-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Pizza Hut / obligatory CP sarcasm.

Stewie
06-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Much like Chicago deep-dish (which is more like breaded lasagna than pizze), if you get over your idea of what pizza should taste like - you might like it. I love Imo's when I'm back in KC. But I doubt it would be a regular thing if I lived there.

Chicago style is a pizza made backwards/upside down with more dough than a regular pizza. It's OK once in a while.

Mr. Laz
06-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Italian pizza is more like hard bread with stuff on it.

America pizza is more 'pie'

Rams Fan
06-07-2013, 11:58 AM
Your mistake is getting the pizza. Their house salad with ranch and toasted ravioli is ****ing amazing.

Bada fucking bing.

Pi>>>>>>Imo's. Imo's is great if you want pizza + salad without paying too much.

gblowfish
The only thing that was halfway decent was a BBQ chicken pizza. It has chicken and onions and a BBQ sauce - tasted like Sweet Baby Rays. It was passable, but nothing beyond passable. Also seems like it gets cold quicker than regular pizza.

WhawhaWhat
Provel cheese is the worst.

Stewie
06-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Italian pizza is more like hard bread with stuff on it.

America pizza is more 'pie'

I think you're describing foccacia, which is awesome. The dough is completely cooked and then cheese, basil, etc. is added while hot. In fact, some sea salt and olive oil rounds out a really good foccacia.

Italian pizza is much like we make here.

Jewish Rabbi
06-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Bada fucking bing.

Pi>>>>>>Imo's. Imo's is great if you want pizza + salad without paying too much.

I had Pi when I was down there last month. I can't say I was overly impressed with that, either.

Third Eye
06-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Bada fucking bing.

Dewey's > Pi. Pi is good though.

tyton75
06-07-2013, 12:01 PM
I like IMO's on occasion.

ChiefsCountry
06-07-2013, 12:02 PM
The only way I eat IMO's is with their buffet. House salad and their ravioli are top notch, makes the pizza go down a little easier.

siberian khatru
I've told this story before, but when I was, I think, a junior at MU Imo's came to Columbia. My St. Louis friends were ecstatic -- "Finally!" they said. "Best pizza evah!"

Even though I had never even heard of Imo's, I was like, "Cool! I'm always up for good new pizza!" Well, I tried one and, after first being disappointed at the way it looked, was mortified by how it tasted. Never had one since. Awful.

Consistent1
Pizza Hut / obligatory CP sarcasm.

Pizza Hut runs a lot of nice specials. It's not bad on the cheap.

Rams Fan
06-07-2013, 12:03 PM
Dewey's > Pi. Pi is good though.

I love me some Dewey's but it originated in Seattle, so I didn't list it. I agree with you, though. Meatball pizza + caesar salad FTW.

gblowfish
06-07-2013, 12:03 PM
Fun House kicks ass. Don't live close enough anymore though. Bummer

There's a story I told I guy I work with here about Fun House. I get my hair cut real close to the Fun House on US 40 Highway in Independence, so some nights I'll call in an order and pick up a pie to go on the way back from the barber. They have good specials, like small single topping pizzas for $5.

Anyway, for a place called "Fun House" they have the most un-fun rules of any pizza joint. It's a mom and pop joint, and they have signs up literally EVERYWHERE inside telling you what you can and can't do. DON'T SIT IN THIS SECTION, NO BALLOONS, NO DRINKS OUTSIDE, NO SUBSTITUTIONS ON SPECIALS, DON'T SHAKE THE PINBALL MACHINE, DON'T CHANGE THE CHANNEL ON THE TV, etc etc etc.

For a "Fun House" they sure know how to dampen your fun. But the pizza is outstanding.

Rams Fan
06-07-2013, 12:04 PM
I had Pi when I was down there last month. I can't say I was overly impressed with that, either.

Their deep dish is the shit.

MahiMike
06-07-2013, 12:04 PM
We like it. It's a unique taste. We go to Westport when we're in town.

Rams Fan
06-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Since I live in the Clayton area, Pointer's is vastly underrated and I recommend to anyone. Cafe Manhattan as well, but not a huge fan of their pizza. It's OK, but some people I know like it.

Rain Man
06-07-2013, 12:08 PM
I sure wish we had an Imo's in Denver. Love that pizza. Thanks for reminding me, gblowfish.

Third Eye
06-07-2013, 12:08 PM
I love me some Dewey's but it originated in Seattle, so I didn't list it. I agree with you, though. Meatball pizza + caesar salad FTW.

Wow, you learn something new every day. Granted I didn't originate in St. Louis either, but I thought Dewey's was a local creation.

Rams Fan
06-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Wow, you learn something new every day. Granted I didn't originate in St. Louis either, but I thought Dewey's was a local creation.

Err, I didn't explain correctly. The founder moved to Seattle, started delivering, had the idea, moved to Cincy and opened it there:

http://www.deweyspizza.com/#!/about

http://www.deweyspizza.com/#!/venues

gblowfish
06-07-2013, 12:14 PM
I've told this story before, but when I was, I think, a junior at MU Imo's came to Columbia. My St. Louis friends were ecstatic -- "Finally!" they said. "Best pizza evah!"

Even though I had never even heard of Imo's, I was like, "Cool! I'm always up for good new pizza!" Well, I tried one and, after first being disappointed at the way it looked, was mortified by how it tasted. Never had one since. Awful.

What year did you graduate or leave Columbia? I graduated in 1981 and left in 1986.

siberian khatru
06-07-2013, 12:28 PM
What year did you graduate or leave Columbia? I graduated in 1981 and left in 1986.

I was there from 1984-88 (graduated and left). We may have been two ships passing in the night. (EDIT: Just like me and Brad Pitt in the J-School!)

gblowfish
06-07-2013, 12:32 PM
I was there from 1984-88 (graduated and left). We may have been two ships passing in the night. (EDIT: Just like me and Brad Pitt in the J-School!)

In 1984 I was working at KOMU TV at KARO FM (different call letters now). I went to J-School grad school from 1981 to 1983. Left Columbia to come back home to KC in 1986.

shakesthecat
06-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Imo's is far and away the worst pizza I've ever had.

I have a friend in StL this week for a conference, and I felt obligated to warn him about Imo's.

DaneMcCloud
06-07-2013, 12:42 PM

Uh, what?

Fire Me Boy!
06-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Provel is the worst thing someone can do to a pizza.

HoneyBadger
06-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Inmem58:

How do you feel about Me-n-Eds. I miss it, favorite pizza growing up.

tomahawk kid
06-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Love me some Imo's.

Best thing to come out of STL.

Papi
06-07-2013, 12:47 PM
I like IMO's on occasion.

This. It's good and I dislike most things St. Louis

Predarat
06-07-2013, 12:50 PM
ChuckyCheese > IMO

gblowfish
06-07-2013, 12:51 PM
I don't think I've ever seen such a divisive pizza!

Donger
06-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Does St. Louis have some kind of ordinance about not cutting the grass on the side of roads? It looks like a scene out of I Am Legend in places.

Bearcat
06-07-2013, 12:57 PM

It's much like what we make here, except really different.

CleveSteve
06-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Wow, I had never even heard of this provel cheese stuff. Had to look it up on wikipedia and saw it was a local item.

DJ's left nut
06-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Agreed - IMOs is awful. Those damn STL folks swear by provel and I just don't get it. It's crap on everything it's put on and it melts into something of a cream that just doesn't taste good.

The only time it's even tolerable is when it's just shredded.

I think that 'St. Louis style pizza' is St. Louis's response to the fact that Chicago has their own style pizza. Everything St. Louis related springs from their massive inferiority complex as they relate to Chicago. Since Chicago has a 'style', they try to force their own 'style' of pizza on us as well.

It sucks. Badly.

Baby Lee
06-07-2013, 01:28 PM
The key is to go in expecting the pizza that IMO's serves.

I'll take Racanelli's for NY style, and Talayna's for Chicago style over it all week and twice on Sunday, but it's not bad on occasion. The single size and house salad is a decent lunch.

I actually think IMO's makes the best pairing with strip bacon in most all pizza-land. Italian sausage is decent as well.

LiveSteam
06-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Love it. Meat lovers,bubbled cheese. I drive 6 hours to get from Omaha to the lake. First thing I do when I hit Osage beach is head to IMOs
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/185425_3478348401035_1880962054_n.jpg

Baby Lee
06-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Since I live in the Clayton area, Pointer's is vastly underrated and I recommend to anyone. Cafe Manhattan as well, but not a huge fan of their pizza. It's OK, but some people I know like it.

We went to Cafe Manhattan like twice a week all through 1L for the lunch pizza/salad special. IMOs style as well, with a little more sit-down meal, attention to detail than FastFood IMOs.

mdchiefsfan
06-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Imo's huh? Does it cut itself?

NewChief
06-07-2013, 01:33 PM
I really like it, though I've heard it's horrible if you get it anywhere but St. Louis.

CleveSteve
06-07-2013, 01:35 PM

:LOL:

Baby Lee
06-07-2013, 01:35 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5oeBNi_hycQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ptlyon
06-07-2013, 01:41 PM
Wow, I had never even heard of this provel cheese stuff. Had to look it up on wikipedia and saw it was a local item.

Neither have I & did the same thing.

Shakes - good man. I've had some pizza melt downs & they aren't pretty

Dartgod
06-07-2013, 01:45 PM
Also, Waldo Pizza does a better St. Louis style than Imo's, imo.

This.

sedated
06-07-2013, 01:47 PM
I think provel tastes like warm snot.

The only people I've ever met who have liked it have been from STL. Must be a nurture over nature thing.

rageeumr
06-07-2013, 01:49 PM
I like Imo's. My only real complaint is that it's overpriced for what you get.

Pneuma
06-07-2013, 02:13 PM
I have to agree with OP. IMOS is trash IMO. I seriously would prefer a frozen pizza.

Infidel Goat
06-07-2013, 02:32 PM
The key is to go in expecting the pizza that IMO's serves.

I'll take Racanelli's for NY style, and Talayna's for Chicago style over it all week and twice on Sunday, but it's not bad on occasion. The single size and house salad is a decent lunch.

I actually think IMO's makes the best pairing with strip bacon in most all pizza-land. Italian sausage is decent as well.

I haven't lived in St. Louis for over a decade, but Racanelli's and Talayna's would have been my first two offerings as well. I also used to like Vito's close to SLU.

I didn't like Imo's or Cecil Whitaker's, fwiw.

Pepe Silvia
06-07-2013, 02:35 PM
When I go to KC its either Minsky's or Funhouse. Funhouse isn't what it used to be but its still a pretty good pizza.

ptlyon
06-07-2013, 02:40 PM
I really think we should think about putting this to a poll. Excellent information for STL novices.

P.S - don't forget the F St. Louis option

Discuss Thrower
06-07-2013, 02:50 PM

THIS THIS THIS

Imon Yourside
06-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Rosati's is the shit, best in KC for sure. Not sure if there is one in St Lou eez tho.

Zaphnath
06-07-2013, 02:59 PM
I worked as the manager at one of the Imo's that was in K.C. back in the day, and darn near everyday I would have to handle a customer complaint call. It was almost always "What in the Hell is this?"
One in particular I remember, this lady told me she wouldn't even feed it to her dog and called it, "A heart attack inducing pile of smelly sh*t on hobo bread".
I had to put up with this constantly, and then the absentee owner would drive over from St. Louis every once and a while and ask "How is everything going - good?"
...and, "Why aren't we selling more pizzas?"
Before I left and moved on I told him, " Hey man, I get it. The whole gourmet thing. It's different, but then that's what you're going for... But, seriously people in general don't really go for that kind of thing around here. If you ask me I would think about changing formats, and selling a more traditional pizza with mozzarella cheese."
He came back with, "I'll never change formats. Imo's will work in Kansas City."
A few months after I left I drove by and noticed he changed formats and was now a Pizza World. Much better pizza, but in the end he still screwed it up and went under.

TribalElder
06-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Love it. Meat lovers,bubbled cheese. I drive 6 hours to get from Omaha to the lake. First thing I do when I hit Osage beach is head to IMOs
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/185425_3478348401035_1880962054_n.jpg

Go to arris pizza next to target for the win
http://www.arrispizzaonline.com/

siberian khatru
06-07-2013, 03:05 PM
One in particular I remember, this lady told me she wouldn't even feed it to her dog and called it, "A heart attack inducing pile of smelly sh*t on hobo bread".

LMAO

Kinda how I feel about the Royals.

Pepe Silvia
06-07-2013, 03:06 PM

The only people I've ever met who have liked it have been from STL. Must be a nurture over nature thing.

I've never had provel but now I know I never will.

Fritz88
06-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Seriously?

We had some catered in at work today. Tastes like a saltine cracker with ragu and string cheese. Provel cheese, not mozzarella?

Last time I had Imo's was about 20 years ago. I was seriously wasted in downtown St. Louis and me and the group I was with sent out for pizza and beer at 3am. Delivery guy shows up with an Imo's Pizza and a six pack of warm Lemp Beer. Worst 4th meal evah.

Minsky's, Fun House, Old Shawnee Pizza I can deal with. This stuff.... hard to even call it pizza.

I am not a fan of Imo's.

If you are in Saint Louis, try Fortel's.

tomahawk kid
06-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Rosati's is the shit, best in KC for sure. Not sure if there is one in St Lou eez tho.

They're pretty proud of their pizza based on their prices.

We had one open up close to the house. I just couldn't get myself to pay that much $$$ for pizza.

siberian khatru
06-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Speaking of chain pizzas, we're about to have a Papa Murphy's open near us. It's one of those take-and-bake places. Anyone ever had that?

Stewie
06-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Uh, what?

00 flour, yeast, salt, sugar, water

Got a problem with that?

Titty Meat
06-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Where are the chicago style places in KC?

DaneMcCloud
06-07-2013, 03:54 PM
00 flour, yeast, salt, sugar, water

Got a problem with that?

Good god, man

Deberg_1990
06-07-2013, 04:30 PM
There's a story I told I guy I work with here about Fun House. I get my hair cut real close to the Fun House on US 40 Highway in Independence, so some nights I'll call in an order and pick up a pie to go on the way back from the barber. They have good specials, like small single topping pizzas for $5.

Anyway, for a place called "Fun House" they have the most un-fun rules of any pizza joint. It's a mom and pop joint, and they have signs up literally EVERYWHERE inside telling you what you can and can't do. DON'T SIT IN THIS SECTION, NO BALLOONS, NO DRINKS OUTSIDE, NO SUBSTITUTIONS ON SPECIALS, DON'T SHAKE THE PINBALL MACHINE, DON'T CHANGE THE CHANNEL ON THE TV, etc etc etc.

For a "Fun House" they sure know how to dampen your fun. But the pizza is outstanding.

Love me sum Fun House. Always make a stop in there when im up in KC.

NewChief
06-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Speaking of chain pizzas, we're about to have a Papa Murphy's open near us. It's one of those take-and-bake places. Anyone ever had that?

They're okay. Nothing special, imo.

Rain Man
06-07-2013, 04:41 PM

That's a business model I completely don't understand. If I'm gong to bake the pizza, I'll either buy it at the grocery store or I'll make it from scratch. Papa Murphy's seems like none of the convenience of takeout and all of the hassle of making your own.

NewChief
06-07-2013, 04:45 PM
That's a business model I completely don't understand. If I'm gong to bake the pizza, I'll either buy it at the grocery store or I'll make it from scratch. Papa Murphy's seems like none of the convenience of takeout and all of the hassle of making your own.

I agree with this, but it definitely has its fans for whatever reason. My mom was on a Papa Murphy's kick for a while. I think she liked being able to pick it up earlier in the day when she went grocery shopping (we live in the country) then cook it a few hours later.

To me, it's like a glorified frozen pizza.

DaneMcCloud
06-07-2013, 04:45 PM
They're okay. Nothing special, imo.

My family seems to think they're great, because nearly every time we visit, they've either bought a few before we've arrived or suggested it.

Personally, I think they're bland and flavorless. The Take & Bake's at Costco are far superior, IMO, if you're going down that trip.

Easy 6
06-07-2013, 04:46 PM
I loves me some Imo's, but i get the 50/50 provel-mozz mix, i love the milkiness of their cheese and they also use a really good sausage.

gblowfish
06-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Okay, I don't know what's more disturbing. The Imo's Pizza, or the fact that you know what warm snot tastes like.

mdchiefsfan
06-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Okay, I don't know what's more disturbing. The Imo's Pizza, or the fact that you know what warm snot tastes like.

:LOL:

Reaper16
06-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Where are the chicago style places in KC?

The Dish, in Liberty.

Infidel Goat
06-07-2013, 06:01 PM
My family seems to think they're great, because nearly every time we visit, they've either bought a few before we've arrived or suggested it.

Personally, I think they're bland and flavorless. The Take & Bake's at Costco are far superior, IMO, if you're going down that trip.

Disclaimer: I've got a local NY joint from which I buy 95% of my pizza.

That being said, I have a Costco Card and think their pizza is okay, but it's 5 miles away. I also have two grocery stores and a Papa Murphy within a mile of my house. I'd take Papa Murphy over Costco and the grocery stores's pizzas. They all cost about the same, but Papa Murphy's has the advantage with choice of toppings. Their pizzas are unexceptional, but fine--with a ton of cheese. It's a gut bomb that I'll occasionally eat, though. My kids, fwiw, love it.

Could I make something better myself? Yes. Is it easier to pick it up (and have them put the toppings I want on it)? Yes. It's a made to order Red Baron with fresher and made to order toppings. Good, definitely not great.

hometeam
06-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Provel cheese is awesome. STL style pizza dominates that ass.

Thin crust = master. If I want bread I'll go to a bakery.

Simply Red
06-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Seriously?

Jerk post.

Easy 6
06-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Papa Murphy's has the advantage with choice of toppings.

Agreed, and while theres really nothing special about any of their ingredients, they arent shy about piling them on, to paraphrase you "a decently edible gutbomb"

MTG#10
06-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Speaking of chain pizzas, we're about to have a Papa Murphy's open near us. It's one of those take-and-bake places. Anyone ever had that?Its not horrible but its nothing special either. And for some reason I think it tastes like shit reheated. I think the only reason they stay in business is because people can get them with food stamps.

Titty Meat
06-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Just had Sarpinos. Delicious but fucking exoensive.

GloucesterChief
06-07-2013, 07:19 PM
Its not horrible but its nothing special either. And for some reason I think it tastes like shit reheated. I think the only reason they stay in business is because people can get them with food stamps.

Papa Murphys used top be pretty good back in the mid 90s when they were just a west coast chain. They changed the recipe for their sauce and it is horrible now.

Now, a New Haven Apizza is great. Love the littleneck clams and chopped garlic.

Baby Lee
09-26-2013, 12:09 PM
Jerk post.

Last night on Kimmel, Jimmy brought Jon Hamm some Imos, and Jon Hamm took a bite, rolled his eyes, and gushed 'tastes like 11 World Series titles.'

ROFL ROFL

chiefzilla1501
09-26-2013, 12:16 PM
Your mistake is getting the pizza. Their house salad with ranch and toasted ravioli is ****ing amazing.

This. I used to always get their egg-ceptional breakfast pizza too. Also delicious.

Dave Lane
09-26-2013, 12:26 PM
Seriously?

Its fucking disgusting. I was in St Loser and was served one of their "famous" pizzas. I made them take it back and bring me a real one.

Pablo
09-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Last night on Kimmel, Jimmy brought Jon Hamm some Imos, and Jon Hamm took a bite, rolled his eyes, and gushed 'tastes like 11 World Series titles.'

ROFL ROFLFuck him and fuck this pizza. Oh, and fuck the Cards.

Imon Yourside
09-26-2013, 12:36 PM
They're pretty proud of their pizza based on their prices.

We had one open up close to the house. I just couldn't get myself to pay that much $$$ for pizza.

Yup they aren't for people on the cheap, they are however the best hands down around here. They make everything from scratch there and once you've had it, you won't go back to any other.

Titty Meat
09-26-2013, 12:37 PM
I liked it. Reminded me of Johnny C's.

Very expensive though.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
09-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Looks like a CiCi's/Totinos hybrid

Imon Yourside
09-26-2013, 12:38 PM

Very expensive though.

Which Imo's or Rosati's?

Titty Meat
09-26-2013, 12:43 PM
IMOs

Imon Yourside
09-26-2013, 12:45 PM
IMOs

Ya it's ok if you're in the mood for it, although I don't remember it being expensive. You were asking for Authentic Chicago style..Rosati's is that. Same as the original location. I put it on par with Giordanos.

Sorter
09-26-2013, 12:50 PM
Seriously?

I think it's absolutely disgusting.

Mojo Jojo
09-26-2013, 12:50 PM

Very expensive though.

Johnny C's is the bomb...been eating it since it opened.

Titty Meat
09-26-2013, 12:51 PM
Co-Worker told me I can order pizzas from places in Chicago or buy "the dish" at HY-VEE.

Where's Rosatis?

Imon Yourside
09-26-2013, 12:52 PM
Co-Worker told me I can order pizzas from places in Chicago or buy "the dish" at HY-VEE.

Where's Rosatis?

69 highway/college blvd same strip mall as Garozzos, but i'm warning you it isn't cheap. They also do delivery to Mid/South Overland Park.

AndChiefs
09-26-2013, 12:52 PM
It's fine as a novelty every once in awhile. Nothing to write home about or seek out.

patteeu
09-26-2013, 02:54 PM

Where's Rosatis?

The frozen Dish pizzas from Hy-Vee are pretty good, IMO.

patteeu
09-26-2013, 02:57 PM
To me, IMO's is ok as a change of pace, but I never go out of my way looking for it. I like thin crust, but I don't like the way IMO's is so soggy and then, of course, there's the cheese issue. At least it's different though.

I don't get the Fun House love at all. Minsky's and Pizza Shoppe are the chains for me.

Fire Me Boy!
09-26-2013, 02:58 PM
To me, IMO's is ok as a change of pace, but I never go out of my way looking for it. I like thin crust, but I don't like the way IMO's is so soggy and then, of course, there's the cheese issue. At least it's different though.

I don't get the Fun House love at all. Minsky's and Pizza Shoppe are the chains for me.

Fun House pizza was OK, but their wings were awesome.

Sorter
09-26-2013, 03:00 PM

I've heard good things about that place but have never had an opportunity to try it.

Sorter
09-26-2013, 03:01 PM
Rosatis sounds extremely interesting and will be remembered for the future.

LiveSteam
09-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Ass Holes

clyde05
09-26-2013, 03:15 PM
I like Imos, but really liked a place in Overland Park called George's, haven't been back for a while so don't know if it's still there.

TribalElder
09-26-2013, 03:17 PM
I believe georges is now no longer. They renovated the shopping center on 95th and I don't think they reopened. Ate there 1 or 2 times and it was good. too bad it's no longer

OnTheWarpath15
09-26-2013, 03:22 PM
Nearly 41 years in STL, and I'm not a fan of IMO's. It's not the dreck you "hate all things STL" folks claim it is, but Dewey's and Pi are two MUCH better options.

Prison Bitch
09-26-2013, 03:27 PM
I like imo's

mike_b_284
09-26-2013, 04:04 PM
my girlfriend is from stl, and we have had imo's a few times while visiting. I have learned the most important thing is to ask for mozzarella and go easy on toppings (like 2 or 3 tops) otherwise you get soggy greasy crap in a box.

NewChief
09-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Just get a bacon pizza from there. Damned good. I dig provel personally.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-26-2013, 05:01 PM
David Freese likes this

RedandGold
09-26-2013, 06:54 PM
Nearly 41 years in STL, and I'm not a fan of IMO's. It's not the dreck you "hate all things STL" folks claim it is, but Dewey's and Pi are two MUCH better options.

Dewey's is good stuff!

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-26-2013, 07:02 PM
I don't like this thread being negative about IMO pizza . They buy more boar semen from me than Frazod.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Still haven't hit up Minsky's since 2006, but Waldo Pizza is just amazing.

HonestChieffan
09-26-2013, 07:15 PM
I can give you a few places in Rome, Naples, Venice, Florence but StLouis ? Really?

St Louis on almost all measures sucks. The hill is great for superior pasta. Other than the hill the place is a shit hole.

ptlyon
09-26-2013, 07:29 PM
Still haven't hit up Minsky's since 2006, but Waldo Pizza is just amazing.

I'll be having it in a few weeks after the chiefs game

Titty Meat
09-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Waldo pizza is great and their beer selection is the best.

HonestChieffan
09-26-2013, 08:53 PM
Waldo pizza is great and their beer selection is the best.

Decent pizza

Hammock Parties
09-26-2013, 08:54 PM
Decent pizza

Dude. No. It's top shelf.

O.city
09-26-2013, 08:55 PM
Rosatis sounds extremely interesting and will be remembered for the future.

It's great.

If you live in the KC area, I'd recommend taking a trip up to Liberty and trying out the Dish.

O.city
09-26-2013, 08:56 PM
Waldo is great, but you have to eat it there. It's not as good when it's to go.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Waldo is great, but you have to eat it there. It's not as good when it's to go.

I had it delivered. It was spectacular. :shrug:

Pablo
09-26-2013, 09:00 PM
Dude. No. It's top shelf.Hold up.

HCF went to Italy once; now he's a certified pizza master.

The only fuckers on Earth that know more about pizza than him are the Ninja Turtles.

LMAO

O.city
09-26-2013, 09:01 PM
I had it delivered. It was spectacular. :shrug:

Then you should go eat it there.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Then you should go eat it there.

Yeah, for sure.

O.city
09-26-2013, 09:03 PM
Yeah, for sure.

It's a pretty cool atmosphere in there. Good beer too.

ptlyon
09-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Hold up.

The only ****ers on Earth that know more about pizza than him are the Ninja Turtles.

LMAO

Wonder if he had the kung pow pizza

Pablo
09-26-2013, 09:34 PM
Wonder if he had the kung pow pizzaGuaranteed he's one of those rednecks that says eye-talyun food.

Baby Lee
09-26-2013, 10:04 PM
I can give you a few places in Rome, Naples, Venice, Florence but StLouis ? Really?

St Louis on almost all measures sucks. The hill is great for superior pasta. Other than the hill the place is a shit hole.

Bullshit.

IMOs is a decent acquired taste, but it's not the pinnacle of anything. It's the White Castles of pizza. Good when you get a craving for it, but not putting you best foot forward.

Pi, Talayna's, Racanellis, Black Torne, great pizza joints.

Blueberry Hill, O'Connell's, Annie Gunn's, great burgers.

Winslow's Home, Nature's Harvest, new local cuisine

Cherokee street Mexican

Great Indian, Thai, Vietnamese, Sushi, Ethiopian.

Great Diners, great soul food

Upscale at Sydney Street, Tony's

Pasta Little Brioni
09-26-2013, 10:08 PM
Oh cmon that missorah palate can not be wrong.

NewChief
09-26-2013, 10:33 PM
Bullshit.

IMOs is a decent acquired taste, but it's not the pinnacle of anything. It's the White Castles of pizza. Good when you get a craving for it, but not putting you best foot forward.

Pi, Talayna's, Racanellis, Black Torne, great pizza joints.

Blueberry Hill, O'Connell's, Annie Gunn's, great burgers.

Winslow's Home, Nature's Harvest, new local cuisine

Cherokee street Mexican

Great Indian, Thai, Vietnamese, Sushi, Ethiopian.

Great Diners, great soul food

Upscale at Sydney Street, Tony's

Didn't hit my favorite joint in the Lou: Farmhaus. Think he's going to be featured on Zimmerman's show soon.

cdcox
09-26-2013, 10:36 PM
I'm guessing from the description that Imo's (never had it) is similar to Leo's in the Northland? If so, I'm a huge fan. We get Leo's every time we are in KC.

Baby Lee
09-26-2013, 10:46 PM
Didn't hit my favorite joint in the Lou: Farmhaus. Think he's going to be featured on Zimmerman's show soon.

Heard very good things, but no I haven't been.

Don't know if it counts as St. Louis as it's 30 mi or so South, but Blue Owl is amazing as well.

Also, Iron Barley.

Titty Meat
09-26-2013, 11:30 PM
Hold up.

The only fuckers on Earth that know more about pizza than him are the Ninja Turtles.

LMAO

He did it without calling them "waps" that's an accomplishment itself.

KCUnited
09-27-2013, 05:20 AM
I'm guessing from the description that Imo's (never had it) is similar to Leo's in the Northland? If so, I'm a huge fan. We get Leo's every time we are in KC.

Yep, very similar.