PDA

View Full Version : Misc Internet and TV providers

KCrockaholic
06-11-2013, 12:39 AM
So I'm switching from Xfinity to something else, but looking to get a deal of around $100 per month for Internet and TV. ATT had me on the hook for $84 per month, then suddenly, bam, a page pops up saying I'd have to pay a "Uverse security fee" of $449.

****ing kidding me? I'm looking for a decent deal, who is the best company to go with, or who should I avoid?

06-11-2013, 12:40 AM
Security fee? WTF?

KCrockaholic
06-11-2013, 12:42 AM
Security fee? WTF?

Exactly... Not up for paying $450 for some bullshit fee.

BryanBusby
06-11-2013, 12:53 AM
I've never heard of that type of fee and I've had ATT since they rolled out in this region back in 2008.

KCrockaholic
06-11-2013, 12:56 AM
I've never heard of that type of fee and I've had ATT since they rolled out in this region back in 2008.

I'm all for signing up for ATT. My friend seems to love it, but once I saw that thing come up on the sign up page, I figured I better see what else is out there.

BryanBusby
06-11-2013, 01:07 AM
I'm all for signing up for ATT. My friend seems to love it, but once I saw that thing come up on the sign up page, I figured I better see what else is out there.

Are you sure you didn't somehow get their new home security service added onto your thing (they sent me a flier about their new home security shit a few weeks ago)? I'd call them.

KCrockaholic
06-11-2013, 01:12 AM
Are you sure you didn't somehow get their new home security service added onto your thing (they sent me a flier about their new home security shit a few weeks ago)? I'd call them.

I'll definitely call tomorrow, but I followed all the steps correctly I believe. Just wanted to sign up for TV and Internet. No phone or anything. With canceling Xfinity starting tomorrow I'll have a tough time going too long without internet :(

mdchiefsfan
06-11-2013, 02:56 AM
Jesus Christ..... There has to be an error in there. I don't see a company keeping many customers with a hidden $450 fee.

TambaBerry
06-11-2013, 06:27 AM
Never ever sign up online, always call and negotiate.

stonedstooge
06-11-2013, 06:49 AM
I'll definitely call tomorrow, but I followed all the steps correctly I believe. Just wanted to sign up for TV and Internet. No phone or anything. With canceling Xfinity starting tomorrow I'll have a tough time going too long without internet :(

Sounds like a Direct TV scam. When I called to cancel the freebies they give the first 3 months, dude added on shit instead. Not sure how the bastards can get away with shit like that

BlackHelicopters
06-11-2013, 07:02 AM
You are being scammed

weatherchief
06-11-2013, 07:15 AM
We just switched to DirectTV. I got Sunday Ticket free for this season. I think that deal is over, but if you call them and ask, they might give it to you. Worth a shot.

KCrockaholic
06-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Talked with ATT and it looks like I'll get a free installation, with the U200 package, DVR, and HD for 104 per month for 1 year. Nothing about a security fee.

KCrockaholic
06-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Sounds like a Direct TV scam. When I called to cancel the freebies they give the first 3 months, dude added on shit instead. Not sure how the bastards can get away with shit like that

And yeah anytime you call to cancel a service it's likely they are lying about one of their offers or other garbage. It's the reason I'm leaving Xfinity. Called to cancel 3 weeks ago. They offer me a deal where I pay the same price I've been paying but with upgraded equipment. I accept. Come Bill time, the price goes up $115. So I told them to fuck off.

mikeyis4dcats.
06-11-2013, 12:22 PM
sounds like a security deposit for the equipment

DMAC
06-11-2013, 12:23 PM

That is what I was thinking. Is your credit pretty bad?

Stewie
06-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Talked with ATT and it looks like I'll get a free installation, with the U200 package, DVR, and HD for 104 per month for 1 year. Nothing about a security fee.

Is that for TV only, or Internet, too?

KCrockaholic
06-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Is that for TV only, or Internet, too?

Internet too. One of their better internet services.

KCrockaholic
06-11-2013, 12:34 PM

That is what I was thinking. Is your credit pretty bad?

I think you guys are right about that. It's not that my credit is bad so to speak, it's that I don't have any credit in the first place. Credit cards scare me.

It was just strange considering I never had a problem with other companies needing a security fee.