PDA

View Full Version : Football Ravens release Vontae Leach

Dante84
06-11-2013, 11:06 AM
Looks like he wants to go to Houston. Would be nice to get him on our roster.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9365860/baltimore-ravens-release-vonta-leach-eyes-return-houston-texans

The Baltimore Ravens released three-time Pro Bowl fullback Vonta Leach on Tuesday and re-signed tight end Billy Bajema.

A league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that the Ravens tried to trade Leach but were unable to find a taker. His agent, meanwhile, told a Houston television station that his client would like to return to the Houston Texans.

Lot Of Football Left?

Vonta Leach was the top-ranked fullback in the NFL last season and the best lead blocker for the second straight season, according to ProFootballFocus.com. In fact, he's ranked among the top three in four of the past five seasons.
Rating Block rtng
Leach Ravens 19.1 16.5
Rhett Ellison Vikings 14.8 12.2
Marcel Reese Raiders 14.8 7.2
Mike Tolbert Panthers 14.3 1.0
Darrel Young Redskins 9.3 6.6

"We've had lots of discussion in the past week with Vonta and his agent, and both parties agreed that it was best to terminate Vonta's contract," Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said in a statement.

"He played a significant role in helping us get to the AFC Championship Game in 2011 and win the Super Bowl last season. He added to our toughness and will to win, plus he provided leadership. He's a good football player. There could be an opportunity for him to return to the Ravens once he explores the free-agent market, and we could re-visit this before or during training camp."

Leach's agent told KRIV-TV in Houston that the Texans, who Leach played for from 2007-10, are at the top of the fullback's wish list and he would reach out to the team soon to see if they are interested.

"Obviously, which teams you have the best fit at," agent Ralph Vitolo told KRIV-TV. "The most logical fit and the smoothest transition to another team would be Houston because he's already been there.

"He understands the coaches, the scheme. He's worked with Arian Foster and the rest of the offensive line, so it would be a very smooth transition to go back to Houston."

It is unknown if the Texans, who signed veteran fullback Greg Jones earlier this offseason, would be interested in signing Leach.

More From ESPN.com

It should come as no surprise that the Ravens decided to part ways with Pro Bowl fullback Vonta Leach, writes Jamison Hensley. Blog

Leach, one of the NFL's best lead blockers, was due to make $3 million this season. The nine-year veteran made the Pro Bowl in each of the past two seasons with the Ravens.

Leach, 31, had indicated that his stint with the Ravens was over in a series of tweets Monday,

"Thanks ravens organization for a great two years," Leach wrote on his Twitter account. "I came here and did what we set out to do and that's win the Super Bowl. My time here is up but what we accomplished, we will be forever linked. Thank the fans for accepting me and my family to Bmore."

Leach has rushed for 749 yards and four touchdowns in 130 career games with the Ravens, Texans and Green Bay Packers. He also made the Pro Bowl in 2010 as a member of the Texans.

The reigning Super Bowl champion Ravens figure to give rookie fullback Kyle Juszczyk, a fourth-round draft selection this past April, the first opportunity to replace Leach.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mxexV7tH-2w?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mxexV7tH-2w?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Rasputin
06-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Yes we need another fullback on this roster.

He probably would be worth it though.

ForeverChiefs58
06-11-2013, 11:10 AM
No need for this at all. The team probably will draft one in the first rd next year

Dante84
06-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Yeah I mean, all sarcastic comments aside, we could easily cut a FB and upgrade.

tooge
06-11-2013, 11:20 AM
that's all we need. One more guy sucking up a roster spot

alpha_omega
06-11-2013, 11:20 AM
They are going to look like a different team this year.

mcaj22
06-11-2013, 11:22 AM
seriously i am so glad we

A) wasted a draft pick on a FB

and

B) traded a 2nd round pick CB for a FB

when the best one in the NFL just hit the market, for fucking free.

Chiefs football

Mr. Laz
06-11-2013, 11:27 AM

and

when the best one in the NFL just hit the market, for fucking free.

Chiefs football
just stupid

Sorter
06-11-2013, 11:30 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/300x300/38645496.jpg

El Jefe
06-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Leach from a couple years ago sure, Leach now, we can do without.

ChiefAshhole20
06-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Mack Strong, T-Rich, and Lorenzo Neal all played until their late 30's. Leach can be a top blocking back for at least 3 more years

Dante84
06-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Leach from a couple years ago sure, Leach now, we can do without.

Vonta Leach was the top-ranked fullback in the NFL last season and the best lead blocker for the second straight season, according to ProFootballFocus.com. In fact, he's ranked among the top three in four of the past five seasons.
Rating Block rtng
Leach Ravens 19.1 16.5
Rhett Ellison Vikings 14.8 12.2
Marcel Reese Raiders 14.8 7.2
Mike Tolbert Panthers 14.3 1.0
Darrel Young Redskins 9.3 6.6

dumb noob.

Dante84
06-11-2013, 12:12 PM

and

when the best one in the NFL just hit the market, for ****ing free.

Chiefs football

A and B were dumb, yeah, but.... they didnt know Leach would be released. Hindsight is 20/20.

El Jefe
06-11-2013, 12:52 PM
dumb noob.

Dumb noob? Yeah, lets give a 31 year old fullback extra money because he was awesome last year! I guess we are just a Pro Bowl fullback away from winning a Super Bowl. I mean look how many we won with Tony Richardso.....wait a minute.

BlackHelicopters
06-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Dude was first team All Pro last three seasons.

BossChief
06-11-2013, 01:02 PM
A and B were dumb, yeah, but.... they didnt know Leach would be released. Hindsight is 20/20.

Are you saying we didn't know he could be released when he was on the trade block?

I wonder if we even tried to trade Arenas to Baltimore for him...

El Jefe
06-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Dude was first team All Pro last three seasons.

You do realize he's 31 right? I understand he is good, for the money he wants, pass.

ChiefAshhole20
06-11-2013, 01:20 PM
The best FB's I recall that Andy ever used were Jon Ritchie and Correll Buckhalter, and both of them were more of an open field blocker/receiving threat opposed to that roadgrading bulldozer style that Leach is. Even if we knew Leach was going to be available, I doubt Reid would want him. But the dude is still top 3 FB in the league, and any team that focuses on running the ball (Hou,Ten,Chi,etc.) would be stupid not to be interested.

Dante84
06-11-2013, 01:44 PM
You do realize he's 31 right? I understand he is good, for the money he wants, pass.

We have so many CP businessmen worried about Hunt's wallet.

I'm sure we can play around with the cap and still survive.

I for one dont give a flying fuck if we pay the best FB in the game 3 million, right after we gave Matt fucking Cassel 64 million.

mcaj22
06-11-2013, 01:45 PM
The best FB's I recall that Andy ever used were Jon Ritchie and Correll Buckhalter, and both of them were more of an open field blocker/receiving threat opposed to that roadgrading bulldozer style that Leach is. Even if we knew Leach was going to be available, I doubt Reid would want him. But the dude is still top 3 FB in the league, and any team that focuses on running the ball (Hou,Ten,Chi,etc.) would be stupid not to be interested.

Andy Reid had one of the best FBs in the NFL until he had a career ending injury

his name is Leonard Weaver

so dont tell me Andy Reid doesnt go out of his way to get a good FB for his offense. Cause he does, that waste of a draft pick and the crappy trade with the Cardinals should have told you that, though they were sad attempts at getting a FB

Dante84
06-11-2013, 01:46 PM

That my point. JC and Davis behind Leach could be nasty as hell, especially with the potential of this OL.

Rice is fast as hell too, so its not like Leach would cramp JC's running style.

Yeah, we will now be a pass first team, but I still call Leach's agent.

El Jefe
06-11-2013, 01:47 PM
We have so many CP businessmen worried about Hunt's wallet.

I'm sure we can play around with the cap and still survive.

I for one dont give a flying **** if we pay the best FB in the game 3 million, right after we gave Matt ****ing Cassel 64 million.

You sir are too angry. I will engage back into this conversation when an acceptable level of anger is reached.

Dante84
06-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Get raped, bro

El Jefe
06-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Get raped, bro

Get a catch phrase bro.

ChiefAshhole20
06-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Shots fired

Dante84
06-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Get a catch phrase bro.

That should suffice.

El Jefe
06-11-2013, 02:31 PM
That should suffice.

You are lame. Catch phrase: Dante84 = sweaty ball sack.

El Jefe
06-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Shots fired

187 in motion!

Dante84
06-11-2013, 02:54 PM
You are lame. Catch phrase: Dante84 = sweaty ball sack.

Get raped, bro

penbrook
06-12-2013, 04:43 PM
According to Vonta Leechs agent and Mike Garafolo the Chiefs are 1 out of 7 teams interested in him.

Hammock Parties
06-12-2013, 04:44 PM
This guy could get Charles 2,000 yards.

mcaj22
06-12-2013, 05:36 PM
According to Vonta Leechs agent and Mike Garafolo the Chiefs are 1 out of 7 teams interested in him.

so all 7 teams left in the NFL that even still use a FB

The Bad Guy
06-12-2013, 06:11 PM
I don't know why some people really care about the use of a fullback in the NFL. If they sign him, great, if not, no big deal.

Crying over trading Javier Arenas or drafting one in the later rounds makes no sense.

milkman
06-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Dumb noob? Yeah, lets give a 31 year old fullback extra money because he was awesome last year! I guess we are just a Pro Bowl fullback away from winning a Super Bowl. I mean look how many we won with Tony Richardso.....wait a minute.

The fact that this team didn't participate in, or even compete for, a SB is not Tony Richardson's fault.

If this debate included a QB, and you had to choose between Leach and a QB, then your post would have merit.

Since, however, we are only discussing Leach, you are just a dumbass, posting dumbassery.

The Bad Guy
06-12-2013, 06:12 PM

Can you post a link?

milkman
06-12-2013, 06:13 PM
I don't know why some people really care about the use of a fullback in the NFL. If they sign him, great, if not, no big deal.

Crying over trading Javier Arenas or drafting one in the later rounds makes no sense.

Andy Reid's offense is more effective with a good fullback.

The Bad Guy
06-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Andy Reid's offense is more effective with a good fullback.

Oh, I know that.

I'm all for signing Leach. He's devastating.

mcaj22
06-12-2013, 06:16 PM

analytically, Vonta Leach has proven to be a difference in the running game, he has helped been apart of and given both Arian Foster and Ray Rice their best seasons statistically

the thing about trading for a FB or drafting one, is they are probably going to be ****ing terrible. Case and point Anthony Sherman is horrible, Vonta Leach actually can block, open holes and provide the surge in the running game this team needs especially with a injury prone noodle arm broke dick game manager for a QB in the passing game.

The Bad Guy
06-12-2013, 06:21 PM
analytically, Vonta Leach has proven to be a difference in the running game, he has helped been apart of and given both Arian Foster and Ray Rice their best seasons statistically

the thing about trading for a FB or drafting one, is they are probably going to be ****ing terrible. Case and point Anthony Sherman is horrible, Vonta Leach actually can block, open holes and provide the surge in the running game this team needs especially with a injury prone noodle arm broke dick game manager for a QB in the passing game.

I'm not disagreeing that Sherman is terrible. I think they just wanted to dump Arenas and wanted to make sure he didn't end up in Oakland.

If he wasn't traded to Arizona, he was going to be cut. There was no interest in trading even a 7th rounder for him.

Mav
06-12-2013, 06:22 PM
So pissed that Cleveland didnt sign this guy immediately. Twice, in the past two years, this guy destroyed the 49ers lbs. Two times a year, i have watched this guy destroy the Browns lbs, and linemen. This guy is so ferocious its not even funny. And the rub is, he is actually decent in the pass game.

beach tribe
06-12-2013, 06:31 PM

I hate when people use this God Awful retarded argument to object to upgrading any position.
"Who would want Willie Roaf? Look how many SBs we won with him"

milkman
06-12-2013, 06:39 PM
I hate when people use this God Awful retarded argument to object to upgrading any position.
"Who would want Willie Roaf? Look how many SBs we won with him"

In most cases, this argument has been used in debates between QB and tackle in the draft discussions.

If I believe that I have a choice between a potential Roaf and a potential franchise QB, I'm arguing QB every time.

mcaj22
06-12-2013, 06:44 PM
I'm not disagreeing that Sherman is terrible. I think they just wanted to dump Arenas and wanted to make sure he didn't end up in Oakland.

If he wasn't traded to Arizona, he was going to be cut. There was no interest in trading even a 7th rounder for him.

well logically you'd think they would have been able to flip Arenas + that 5th rounder for Leach

and if we sign Leach that's basically what we would be giving up for him, so it's a wash regardless.

But the point is the efforts the Chiefs made in throwing numbers at the FB positions through draft pick, trades, UDFA, etc. You'd think they were exploring all options and knew a team like the Ravens were trying to dump the best FB in the league

beach tribe
06-12-2013, 06:47 PM
In most cases, this argument has been used in debates between QB and tackle in the draft discussions.

If I believe that I have a choice between a potential Roaf and a potential franchise QB, I'm arguing QB every time.

I KNEW someone would take that post there, but that's not what I was thinking about.
The value of the potential franchise QB can really no longer be compared to the field.

ShowtimeSBMVP
06-13-2013, 02:25 PM
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2m

Chiefs are another possibility for fullback Vonta Leach, per source. No visit scheduled yet at this time.

penbrook
06-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2m

Chiefs are another possibility for fullback Vonta Leach, per source. No visit scheduled yet at this time.

I just can't see Leach going anywhere but Houston.

beach tribe
06-13-2013, 02:40 PM
lgI just can't see Leach going anywhere but Houston.

They didn't re-sign him last time they had the chance.
Why would they now?
Doesn't seem like hes wanting to take a pay cut.
In other words, he's going to the highest bidder. Period.

penbrook
06-13-2013, 02:45 PM
They didn't re-sign him last time they had the chance.
Why would they now?
Doesn't seem like hes wanting to take a pay cut.
In other words, he's going to the highest bidder. Period.

Well if we sign him he's not gonna come cheap and remember we still have to have money to sign Fisher.

Dante84
06-13-2013, 02:49 PM
we have plenty of slapdicks we can cut.

ChiefAshhole20
06-13-2013, 05:19 PM
Even if he does go to Houston, that means they would cut Greg Jones, another top FB.

penbrook
06-13-2013, 05:21 PM
Even if he does go to Houston, that means they would cut Greg Jones, another top FB.

Nope Gary Kubiak said they would keep both. But he didn't sound like he was going to sign Leach.

BossChief
06-13-2013, 05:57 PM
well logically you'd think they would have been able to flip Arenas + that 5th rounder for Leach

and if we sign Leach that's basically what we would be giving up for him, so it's a wash regardless.

But the point is the efforts the Chiefs made in throwing numbers at the FB positions through draft pick, trades, UDFA, etc. You'd think they were exploring all options and knew a team like the Ravens were trying to dump the best FB in the league

Exactly.

ChiefAshhole20
06-13-2013, 06:06 PM
Nope Gary Kubiak said they would keep both. But he didn't sound like he was going to sign Leach.

That would be the dirtiest goalline package of all time

BossChief
06-13-2013, 06:12 PM
That would be the dirtiest goalline package of all time

Pump yo brakes, son.

In58men
06-14-2013, 08:20 PM
@espn_afcwest: Chiefs hold initial talks with Vonta Leach http://t.co/fHv3f8n9vw

ROFL

BossChief
06-14-2013, 09:41 PM
Ok...

John Dorsey was the scout who helped bring Vonta Leach to the Green Bay Packers as an undrafted free agent in 2004.

So it is natural to think Dorsey, now the general manager of the Kansas City Chiefs, could have some interest in the fullback now that he is a free agent. The Baltimore Ravens cut Leach this week and has now been linked to the Chiefs and Broncos.

Leach's agent, Ralph Vitolo, said he talked to Dorsey this week and has not talked to the Broncos. Vitolo said Dorsey was “non-committal” but said perhaps the team could interest in Leach at some point. The Chiefs have several young fullbacks and I can see Leach getting a look if the Chiefs want a veteran presence the position.

O.city
06-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Pouring this many resources into the FB position, when our DL and WR collectively look like mexican vomit outside of about 3 guys, doesn't seem to be a great idea.

BossChief
06-14-2013, 09:49 PM
Pouring this many resources into the FB position, when our DL and WR collectively look like mexican vomit outside of about 3 guys, doesn't seem to be a great idea.

This teams only chance at winning more than half it's games (which would be a tall order) is to field an elite running game and to give Alex Smith forever in the pocket.

Leach would help us do both of those things. I'd gladly flush the other investments we have made at FB to add an all pro guy.

O.city
06-14-2013, 09:51 PM
This teams only chance at winning more than half it's games (which would be a tall order) is to field an elite running game and to give Alex Smith forever in the pocket.

Leach would help us do both of those things. I'd gladly flush the other investments we have made at FB to add an all pro guy.

While they do seem to be moving in this direction and we've had this argument before, I'll believe an Andy Reid lead offense is a run first type offense, when I see it.

RunKC
06-14-2013, 10:06 PM

Let's not act like their valuable resources or anything. A 6th round pick, a trade for Arenas or a signing this late isn't going to bring us a difference maker on the DL.

O.city
06-14-2013, 10:10 PM
Let's not act like their valuable resources or anything. A 6th round pick, a trade for Arenas or a signing this late isn't going to bring us a difference maker on the DL.

So can I use the "Player Z was drafted in round 6 and look at what he's done" the same we everyone does when someone talks about drafting a QB in round 1?

You never know. I'd rather use "invaluable resources" on positional acquisitions that if they do hit, will make a large impact.

Just because they aren't valuable resources doesn't mean they should be thrown away.

beach tribe
06-14-2013, 10:39 PM
So can I use the "Player Z was drafted in round 6 and look at what he's done" the same we everyone does when someone talks about drafting a QB in round 1?

You never know. I'd rather use "invaluable resources" on positional acquisitions that if they do hit, will make a large impact.

Just because they aren't valuable resources doesn't mean they should be thrown away.

Acquiring Leach is the opposite of wasting resources.

Dante84
06-14-2013, 11:43 PM
Any debate on this is dumb.

He is the best fullback in the league, and would make our running game top notch.

No way you can bitch about this move.

Coogs
06-15-2013, 11:06 AM

If the version of the Chiefs West Coast offense takes on the look that the Houston Texans run, then Leach could be a valuable addition to our team.

Personally, I think the Texans model fits us damn near perfectly... maybe even more so that the Reid model he used in Philly. And I kind of get the feeling from things we have been reading that the Texans version may be a little closer to where we may be heading on offense than Reid's version. JMO

EDIT: Houston's 2012 version stats (7th overall, 8th scoring)...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/htx/2012.htm

554 passes for an average of right at 35 throws a game.

508 runs for an average of right at 32 carries a game.

Eagle's 2012 version stats (15th overall, 29th scoring)...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi/2012.htm

618 passes for an average of right at 39 throws a game

413 rushes for an average of right at 29 carries a game.

Rausch
06-15-2013, 11:09 AM
Apparently Phat Andy and Dorsey feel the key to winning this season is the FB position so I say sign him and end this...

TEX
06-15-2013, 11:31 AM
Apparently Phat Andy and Dorsey feel the key to winning this season is the FB position so I say sign him and end this...

This all day long. He can catch as well as block...

The Bad Guy
06-15-2013, 01:15 PM
@espn_afcwest: Chiefs hold initial talks with Vonta Leach http://t.co/fHv3f8n9vw

ROFL

Oh, no, the horror of actually bringing in the best player at his position.

Or are you going to complain that we spent a 6th round pick on a fullback, or traded someone they were going to cut anyway?

The Bad Guy
06-15-2013, 01:16 PM
If Andy Reid truly didn't utilize fullbacks in the way he does, I would say pass on Leach.

But the fullback is a part of this offense and why not have the best one?

mcaj22
06-15-2013, 01:18 PM
I know its just the FB position but do you actually think that 5th round rookie or Anthony Sherman are going to actually block someone or be good in pass protection? or catch a football if needed? Those two are going to get blown up by every LBer in the league, so if we are going to be a running team cause of a noodle arm game manager QB, I'd rather have the toughest and best SOB blocking in front of Charles

-King-
06-15-2013, 01:46 PM
Oh, no, the horror of actually bringing in the best player at his position.

Or are you going to complain that we spent a 6th round pick on a fullback, or traded someone they were going to cut anyway?

It doesn't matter if they were going to cut him anyways. If you're going to have a surplus of players, would you rather have it at CB or FB? And having a lot of CBs can come in very handy in case of injury. I'd rather have Arenas here over Sherman any day of the week.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy
06-15-2013, 02:02 PM
It doesn't matter if they were going to cut him anyways. If you're going to have a surplus of players, would you rather have it at CB or FB? And having a lot of CBs can come in very handy in case of injury. I'd rather have Arenas here over Sherman any day of the week.
Posted via Mobile Device

Without knowing how Arenas was taking being demoted to basically a dime back, yes, I'd rather have a corner over a fullback.

However, he was not happy when they signed Robinson or Smith and basically told the team he didn't want to be there anymore according to what I heard.

So when the player doesn't want to be here, and there's virtually zero interest in his services around the league, you end up with that trash.

If Leach signs here, Sherman is obviously gone.

Sassy Squatch
06-15-2013, 02:03 PM
He'll be a Dolphin or a Texan

mcaj22
06-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Without knowing how Arenas was taking being demoted to basically a dime back, yes, I'd rather have a corner over a fullback.

However, he was not happy when they signed Robinson or Smith and basically told the team he didn't want to be there anymore according to what I heard.

So when the player doesn't want to be here, and there's virtually zero interest in his services around the league, you end up with that trash.

If Leach signs here, Sherman is obviously gone.

The Chiefs still dicked him over anyway, as the Cardinals have a deeper secondary than us. The 4th or 5th CB here hes now the 5th or 6th there with way better defensive backs on special teams than him there, where as he was the best one on the Chiefs, Arenas will be cut after TC I bet

Dave Lane
06-15-2013, 02:12 PM
The fact that this team didn't participate in, or even compete for, a SB is not Tony Richardson's fault.

If this debate included a QB, and you had to choose between Leach and a QB, then your post would have merit.

Since, however, we are only discussing Leach, you are just a dumbass, posting dumbassery.

It's El Jefe. El Jefe in Spanish means the stupid one. That's my catch phrase.

He is an epic moran.

The Bad Guy
06-15-2013, 02:47 PM
He'll be a Dolphin or a Texan

I just can't see why he'd go back to Houston. They have zero cap space, and already signed a pretty good fullback.

Miami maybe, but blocking for Lamar Miller with a junk O-line or blocking for Charles and a better oline?

Titty Meat
06-15-2013, 03:38 PM
How does charles not run for 200 yards a game this year?

SAUTO
06-15-2013, 04:02 PM
It's El Jefe. El Jefe in Spanish means the stupid one. That's my catch phrase.

He is an epic moran.
Yeah its not him. At least I'm VERY DOUBTFUL. They don't even talk the same.

I'm saying no.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
06-15-2013, 04:02 PM
I just conversed with el jefe yesterday via pm.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dave Lane
06-15-2013, 06:27 PM
I just conversed with el jefe yesterday via pm.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm sorry for your loss.

BigRock
06-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Leach's agent, Ralph Vitolo, said he talked to Dorsey this week and has not talked to the Broncos. Vitolo said Dorsey was “non-committal” but said perhaps the team could interest in Leach at some point.

Are people seeing something different there than I am? Because that sure sounds like "We're not that into you".

Coogs
06-15-2013, 07:28 PM
Are people seeing something different there than I am? Because that sure sounds like "We're not that into you".

My guess is that it all has to do with the negotiations with Albert. IIRC, the deadline to sign Albert to a new contract is the middle of July. Until that point in time, we are pretty tight against the cap from everything I have seen. If Albert resigns a contract that gives us some cap room, then we may have more interest in Leach.

evolve27
06-15-2013, 07:28 PM

and

when the best one in the NFL just hit the market, for ****ing free.

Chiefs football

Nice