PDA

View Full Version : Royals Robinson Cano: "No Chance" of Butler being picked for HR Derby again

Deberg_1990
06-12-2013, 03:28 PM
Admittedly, Butler doesnt deserve it this year......

But F*ck this smug, entitled Yankee prick!!!

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/cano_won_pick_butler_for_derby_DYZZfjaUsAwRiKoj90v71M

OAKLAND, Calif. — If you think Royals fans were displeased at Robinson Cano for not naming Billy Butler to the AL’s Home Run Derby team last year, they aren’t going to any happier this year.

“No chance,’’ Cano said when asked if he would pick Butler, who has five homers, for this year’s competition at Citi Field.

Cano, who has 15 homers, was named AL team captain yesterday for the July 15 Home Run Derby at Citi Field.

He was roundly booed last year in Kansas City and again this season when the Yankees played three games at Kauffman Stadium.

“You’re not going to enjoy getting booed,’’ Cano said before the Yankees’ 6-4 loss to the A’s Tuesday night. “The fans don’t understand, it was tough.’’

Since Citi Field is playing host to the All-Star Game, Cano is looking forward to performing in his baseball hometown.

“It’s New York, why not?’’ Cano said.”I can’t wait for that day to happen. I will see who is leading and see who I pick. I have a month left.’’

Chris Davis’ 20 homers leads the AL, and Miguel Cabrera and Edwin Encarnacion are tied for second with 18.

Cano, who will appear in the derby for the third straight year, won it in 2011. He said he will have his father, Jose, a former big league pitcher, throw to him again.

Demonpenz
06-12-2013, 03:29 PM
wonder if he will hit one out of the infield this year.

cosmo20002
06-12-2013, 03:39 PM
He's a DH with 5 HRs! This is an outrage!

WhawhaWhat
06-12-2013, 03:55 PM
Cano is definitely a tool bag but Billy doesn't deserve it this year at all. He won't even be on the all-star team either.

Coach
06-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Fucks given by me? 0.

Cano is a joke anyways.

DJ's left nut
06-12-2013, 04:37 PM
“You’re not going to enjoy getting booed,’’ Cano said before the Yankees’ 6-4 loss to the A’s Tuesday night. “The fans don’t understand, it was tough.’’

Well I'd say they understand it, then.

That was kinda the point.

Watching Cano piss on his shoes was the highlight of the All-Star weekend for me. Nicely done, Royals fans. You fellas did a hell of a job backing your boy.

CaliforniaChief
06-12-2013, 04:37 PM
Man, Royals fans really got into his head.

SPchief
06-12-2013, 05:13 PM
I still don't think he gets why fans were booing him last year.

Canofbier
06-12-2013, 05:18 PM
What exactly is the criterion for selecting the Derby team captain? He's doing a good job of hitting home runs so far this year, but as the article mentioned, there are at least three guys who are doing it better, not to mention how he didn't hit a single one last year. The dude doesn't deserve it.

mcaj22
06-12-2013, 05:35 PM
how in the world did this turd get captain again

stonedstooge
06-12-2013, 05:37 PM
I'll bet Belly's family is hurt by this

MrGiggity
06-12-2013, 05:45 PM
PHUCK CANO. PHUCK HIM GOOD. DON'T EVER DISRESPECT THE BELLY.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-12-2013, 06:14 PM
how in the world did this turd get captain again

Fantasy geeks and Spankee fan boys won't like this