PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bishop and Leach

Pages : [1] 2

The Bad Guy
06-17-2013, 01:10 PM
Here's some info I got a little bit ago.

-Chiefs have had more contact with Leach than Leach's agent let on to Bill Williamson of ESPN. On Arrowhead Pride, they had a post yesterday about Terrance Copper's football camp. Bowe, Copper, McCluster recruited Leach heavily during that. Leach and Copper are very close. Leach said at the camp he wants to have a new team within 2 weeks.

-On Bishop, Chiefs are definitely interested should his hamstring check out. It all depends on his contract demands. Bishop was a fantastic player two years ago, but who knows now. He'd be great in the starting lineup with all the LB talent we have. If he's signed, Chiefs would still likely take all the LBs to camp and let it shake out. Zac Diles would feel the squeeze if this were to happen.

Titty Meat
06-17-2013, 01:12 PM
Frank > Florio

Sorter
06-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Excellent

BlackHelicopters
06-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Nifty

The Bad Guy
06-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Frank > Florio

Wish I could get my hands on some of that PFT money. He's turned a blog site into a cash cow.

Sorter
06-17-2013, 01:15 PM
Wish I could get my hands on some of that PFT money. He's turned a blog site into a cash cow.

No shit. The TMZ of the NFL.

mcaj22
06-17-2013, 01:17 PM
so this means we can cut that 5th round draft pick and that shitty guy they traded for Arenas

as well as all those scrub cast off LBers they signed.

The Bad Guy
06-17-2013, 01:17 PM
No shit. The TMZ of the NFL.

Florio created a monster with it. After him, you have these garbage sites and Twitter handles posting fake info as real and trying to generate a following.

Florio did a great deal of bullshit posting early on, but he has rock solid sources now and has for the last 3 years.

Mav
06-17-2013, 01:18 PM
If you guys get leach. Jamaal Charles might break 2k. He is that big of a difference maker. WOW.

The Bad Guy
so this means we can cut that 5th round draft pick and that shitty guy they traded for Arenas

Sherman would immediately go I think, but I think Jordan stays. Diles is probably gone with Bishop.

Mav
Florio created a monster with it. After him, you have these garbage sites and Twitter handles posting fake info as real and trying to generate a following.

Florio did a great deal of bullshit posting early on, but he has rock solid sources now and has for the last 3 years.

is florio that dude that incarcerated bob is always ragging on?

Sorter
06-17-2013, 01:19 PM

Yup.

It's kinda incredible.

Sorter
06-17-2013, 01:20 PM
is florio that dude that incarcerated bob is always ragging on?

I can't remember.

ChiefsCountry
06-17-2013, 01:20 PM

Helps having NBC's resources behind it now.

DaneMcCloud
06-17-2013, 01:21 PM

Florio was paid millions by NBC in order to acquire his website and he's paid very handsomely for appearing on SNF and his show on NBC Sports with Peter King.

Say what you will about the guy but he's very media savvy and has turned his little operation into a goldmine.

Sorter

That too.

When did that happen anyways?

The Bad Guy

It does, but he had those sources before NBC or they never would have jumped on board.

Bowser
06-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Larry Grant is the guy I wanted us to go after to put inside next to Derrick Johnson, but that was before his four game suspension.

If Bishop is healthy, that would be a major get for us. No downside playing next to the guys we'll run out there.

And I'm really not understanding this obsession with fullbacks Reid is showing. Are we going to see 100 passes thrown to guys running the Kimble Anders route?

The Bad Guy
06-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Florio was paid millions by NBC in order to acquire his website and he's paid very handsomely for appearing on SNF and his show on NBC Sports with Peter King.

Say what you will about the guy but he's very media savvy and has turned his little operation into a goldmine.

I have nothing but respect for him. He's brilliant.

DaneMcCloud
06-17-2013, 01:23 PM
That too.

When did that happen anyways?

Unlike ESPN, Fox Sports and CBS, NBC had zero sports presence on the internet.

Going into business with Florio was a brilliant move on everyone's part.

The Bad Guy
06-17-2013, 01:24 PM
Larry Grant is the guy I wanted us to go after to put inside next to Derrick Johnson, but that was before his four game suspension.

If Bishop is healthy, that would be a major get for us. No downside playing next to the guys we'll run out there.

And I'm really not understanding this obsession with fullbacks Reid is showing. Are we going to see 100 passes thrown to guys running the Kimble Anders route?

Grant is atrocious. He had a nice stretch when Willis got hurt, but he's a huge liability that the 49ers were able to hide behind Justin Smith and Sopoaga.

DaneMcCloud
I have nothing but respect for him. He's brilliant.

Yeah, he's a sharp dude. Nothing but respect.

Thanks for the current info!

The Bad Guy

Them and Rotoworld, which is probably the website I frequent the most each day.

ChiefsCountry
06-17-2013, 01:25 PM

Speaking of Fox Sports, what is the word in Hollywood how the industry folks think Fox Sports 1 is going to turn out?

The Bad Guy
06-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Speaking of Fox Sports, what is the word in Hollywood how the industry folks think Fox Sports 1 is going to turn out?

I don't have the Hollywood edge, but they've hired some great writers to start.

There's going to be a ton of options in the football journalism game now. Peter King is creating his own mini-empire, Fox Sports 1, ESPN, NFL.com.

It's a completely saturated market.

Sorter
06-17-2013, 01:28 PM

Wow.

That's fucking amazing. I love PFT's links to other articles simply because they typically get one for each team in a 48 hour period.

ChiefsCountry
06-17-2013, 01:29 PM
I don't have the Hollywood edge, but they've hired some great writers to start.

They also have the live sports content along with already being in a lot of homes already - taking over SPEED. I believed they also hired the SportsCenter crew from Canada to do their version of SportsCenter.

FRCDFED
06-17-2013, 01:31 PM
Vonta Leach expected to make decision in next 2 weeks

By Chris Fuhrmeister on Jun 17 2013, 2:37p

Stay connected with SB Nation Evan Habeeb-USA TODAY Sports

The free agent fullback is being courted by several NFL teams.

Free agent fullback Vonta Leach, who was released by the Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens last week, will make a decision on his new team within the next two weeks, per Tony Castleberry of the Daily Reflector.

The Ravens attempted to trade Leach, but they were unable to find a business partner. Considering his age -- he'll turn 32 in November -- and his $4.33 million cap hit in 2013, Baltimore decided to cut ties with the three-time Pro Bowler. Seven teams are reportedly interested in Leach, including the Texans, Dolphins, Chiefs, Giants and Browns, and it's possible he could return to Baltimore at a reduced rate.

Leach has visited with the Dolphins, and Houston, where he played from 2006-10, is supposedly his top choice.

While the nine-year veteran hasn't put up much in the way of rushing numbers -- he's carried just 24 times for 70 yards and three touchdowns in his career -- he has been a solid lead blocker and safety-valve receiver in Baltimore. Leach has 112 catches for 749 yards and four scores.

FRCDFED
06-17-2013, 01:35 PM
Packers will release Desmond Bishop on Monday

Posted by Josh Alper on June 17, 2013, 3:26 PM EDT

Last week, word out of Green Bay was that the Packers were going to release linebacker Desmond Bishop if they were unable to work out a restructured contract or trade that would bring them something back in return.

The Packers have struck out on both fronts and Tyler Dunne of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that Bishop will officially be released on Monday as a result. Bishop, who was due $3.464 million from the Pack in 2013, is coming off a serious hamstring injury that cost him the entire 2012 season.

Bishop did not participate in the Packers’ offseason activities as he continues to rehab the ruptured tendon he suffered in the preseason opener last season. Bishop’s indicated this offseason that he’ll be ready to go come training camp — ready enough to be the Defensive Player of the Year, in fact — and he’ll likely have to prove it to teams interested in bringing him onboard.

There should be more than a few teams asking for a look. Bishop turned in strong seasons in both 2010 and 2011 with Green Bay and, if he’s healthy, he’s a good bet to keep it up as a 29-year-old in 2013. The Packers, meanwhile, will roll with A.J. Hawk and Brad Jones at inside linebacker.

ShowtimeSBMVP
06-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 15s

RT @WesHod If Bishop clears waivers, the fifth-year linebacker's first visit is expected to be with the #Vikings, according to sources

Bowser
06-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 15s

RT @WesHod If Bishop clears waivers, the fifth-year linebacker's first visit is expected to be with the #Vikings, according to sources

Packers West

Rausch
06-17-2013, 01:56 PM
If you guys get leach. Jamaal Charles might break 2k. He is that big of a difference maker. WOW.

With our upgrades to the line and a true blocking FB he could have a monster year.

We also play some really $3itty defenses this year...

thabear04
06-17-2013, 02:41 PM

We got some CB that are cast off too

thabear04
06-17-2013, 02:42 PM
With our upgrades to the line and a true blocking FB he could have a monster year.

We also play some really $3itty defenses this year...

If we can make this happen we better damn well have a great season.

Brooklyn
06-17-2013, 03:12 PM
for $3.5M, why would the Chiefs let him slip through waivers? Seems like a modest gamble, and they could always restructure themselves, or release him if the physicals didn't add up. Basically roll the dice with some cash to do a uninterrupted research on the guy.

mcaj22
06-17-2013, 03:21 PM
for $3.5M, why would the Chiefs let him slip through waivers? Seems like a modest gamble, and they could always restructure themselves, or release him if the physicals didn't add up. Basically roll the dice with some cash to do a uninterrupted research on the guy.

i dont think they even have 3.5 M in space right now to make that claim

they would have to cut a lot of slapdicks

Dante84
06-17-2013, 04:11 PM

Well, break out the knives then. IDGAF about half the guys on this team.

The Bad Guy
06-17-2013, 04:14 PM

Bishop has 4 years of service in the league, he's not subject to waivers since it's out of season.

I could be wrong, but I think the Chiefs have 4 million in cap space right now.

Nightfyre
06-17-2013, 04:20 PM
The salary cap is the highest 51 salaries on the team. They would be cutting roster-level salaries to make room for him, not just UDFA slapdicks.

mcaj22
06-17-2013, 04:27 PM
The salary cap is the highest 51 salaries on the team. They would be cutting roster-level salaries to make room for him, not just UDFA slapdicks.

yea I'm really going to miss Anthony Sherman's 4 year 2.2 million dollar contract

RealSNR
06-17-2013, 04:46 PM
Here's some info I got a little bit ago.

-Chiefs have had more contact with Leach than Leach's agent let on to Bill Williamson of ESPN. On Arrowhead Pride, they had a post yesterday about Terrance Copper's football camp. Bowe, Copper, McCluster recruited Leach heavily during that. Leach and Copper are very close. Leach said at the camp he wants to have a new team within 2 weeks.

MVP.

MotherfuckerJones
06-17-2013, 05:35 PM
MVP.

You're my boy Copper!!

O.city
06-17-2013, 05:47 PM
How old is Bishop?

The Bad Guy
06-17-2013, 05:47 PM
How old is Bishop?

O.city
06-17-2013, 05:51 PM
Wonder what type of contract he's looking for?

We'd have to make some space somewhere I'd imagine. It would be pretty nice to have a guy like Nico be depth and a special teamer.

IMO, the new regime has brought in more "good" depth than the previous did in 4 years.

O.city
06-17-2013, 08:56 PM
So in a situation like this, how do they find out his contractual demands? Do you bring him in to visit?

ChiefsCountry
06-17-2013, 08:59 PM
So in a situation like this, how do they find out his contractual demands? Do you bring him in to visit?

You call his agent like every othe free agent in the world.

Dante84
06-17-2013, 11:17 PM

Carrier Pigeons back and forth.

mikey23545
06-18-2013, 12:17 AM
Carrier Pigeons back and forth.

Semaphore.

Pioli got rid of the pigeons because they were leaving droppings in the stairwells.

J Diddy
06-18-2013, 12:59 AM
Semaphore.

Pioli got rid of the pigeons because they were leaving droppings in the stairwells.

That's actually just a part of the truth. Pioli got rid of them because they were extremely ineffective in picking up candy wrappers.

O.city
06-18-2013, 10:01 AM
@RapSheet: Along with the #Vikings today, ex-Packers LB Desmond Bishop is set to visit with the #Chiefs Thursday. He'll arrive Wednesday

-King-
06-18-2013, 10:04 AM

Go to a diner and slip napkins with contract figures written on them back and forth.

Kerberos
06-18-2013, 10:46 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/18/chiefs-jaguars-in-the-mix-for-desmond-bishop-too/

Chiefs, Jaguars in the mix for Desmond Bishop, too

Posted by Mike Florio on June 18, 2013, 12:39 PM EDT

The Vikings get the first crack at former Packers linebacker Desmond Bishop. But Bishop is making other plans for his NFL future.

Next up on the docket, PFT has confirmed, is a visit with the Chiefs on Thursday. (Ian Rapoport of NFL Network first reported the looming Chiefs visit.) A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that the Jaguars also are in play for Bishop.

Whoever offers Bishop the kind of contract he’s seeking will have to feel very good about his hamstring, which was seriously injured during the 2012 season. Bishop ultimately may have to accept a deal that is tied to playing time and/or ability to suit up on game days.

If he’s healthy, the 28-year-old Bishop has plenty of football left in him. That’s why physicals, workouts, and ultimately a leap of faith will be critical to determining the next step in his career.

The Bad Guy
06-18-2013, 03:04 PM
Tomorrow night he'll arrive in, go to eat with Reid, Dorsey, Sutton and Gibbs, and then Thursday they are going to let the doctors check him over extensively before they even talk to the agent about dollars.

Titty Meat
06-18-2013, 04:33 PM
Tomorrow night he'll arrive in, go to eat with Reid, Dorsey, Sutton and Gibbs, and then Thursday they are going to let the doctors check him over extensively before they even talk to the agent about dollars.

Do you know where they are going to eat?

mcaj22
06-18-2013, 04:59 PM

They are going to have to cut a couple guys to give them a little wiggle room arent they

The Bad Guy
06-18-2013, 06:35 PM
They are going to have to cut a couple guys to give them a little wiggle room arent they

I don't believe so. From what I was lead to believe, they could afford both Leach and Bishop without cutting much of anything but dead weight.

The Bad Guy
06-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Do you know where they are going to eat?

Ill take a guess and say somewhere on the Plaza

BossChief
06-18-2013, 07:06 PM

:clap:

Titty Meat
06-18-2013, 07:58 PM
Ill take a guess and say somewhere on the Plaza

Yeah I live down there that's why I was asking.

tomahawk kid
06-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Good news. This may actually prevent me from stabbing someone in the eye after that Royals debacle.

Coogs
06-19-2013, 07:46 AM
Even is we don't sign either one of these two guys, it is damn refreshing to have quality players who are available even being linked to our team!

penbrook
06-19-2013, 04:11 PM
Per VikingsUpdate

DC Alan Williams said Desmond Bishop had a good workout this morning. Will be up to Frazier and Spielman if Bishop is signed. #Vikings

penbrook
06-19-2013, 04:29 PM
Bishop left Minnesota without a deal. He is on a flight to KC tonight.

BigMeatballDave
06-19-2013, 04:31 PM
Bishop left Minnesota without a deal. He is on a flight to KC tonight.

Source?

penbrook
06-19-2013, 04:35 PM
@1500ESPN

Desmond Bishop has 'good workout' for Vikings, but no deal yet #Vikings (via the 1500 ESPN SportsWire) 1500espn.com/sportswire/Des…

Dante84
06-19-2013, 04:35 PM
Source?

Post #53 of this thread

mcaj22
06-19-2013, 04:36 PM
must have lowballed him

Dante84
06-19-2013, 04:41 PM
he's an idiot to not meet with all teams interested to find out his value

The Bad Guy
06-19-2013, 04:42 PM
must have lowballed him

My opinion is he's there for the Chiefs taking. From what I was told today, Bishop's strong preference is to continue playing in a 3-4.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-19-2013, 04:44 PM
I don't know anything about the guy, would he be a starter in our defense ?

MotherfuckerJones
06-19-2013, 04:45 PM
If he checks out? Good! Get him and Leach

Dante84
06-19-2013, 04:45 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5xMd_y339gU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

penbrook
06-19-2013, 04:46 PM

Yes. He would make our LB Corps the best in the NFL..

Dante84
06-19-2013, 04:46 PM

He would fill one of the 12 holes Jovan Belcher created.

penbrook
06-19-2013, 04:47 PM
@The Bad Guy. Have you heard any news on Vonta Leach

The Bad Guy
06-19-2013, 04:48 PM
I know I posted that the Chiefs wouldn't have to cut anyone to fit Bishop or Leach, but Eric Fisher isn't signed yet and I didn't factor that into the numbers.

They have about 3.7 million under the cap right now to spend. They could create additional money by extending Albert (not likely right now), cutting Moeaki (saves 1.2 million), and it's been rumored that Alex Smith has offered to reduce his number down, but that should be a last resort because he'll get something extra do to that.

Dorsey will have to get creative to get Bishop, Leach and Fisher all here.

The Bad Guy
06-19-2013, 04:49 PM

He would make them really good, but they aren't better than SF. No way.

penbrook
06-19-2013, 04:49 PM
I know I posted that the Chiefs wouldn't have to cut anyone to fit Bishop or Leach, but Eric Fisher isn't signed yet and I didn't factor that into the numbers.

They have about 3.7 million under the cap right now to spend. They could create additional money by extending Albert (not likely right now), cutting Moeaki (saves 1.2 million), and it's been rumored that Alex Smith has offered to reduce his number down, but that should be a last resort because he'll get something extra do to that.

I think we only get either Bishop or Leach but not both.

The Bad Guy
06-19-2013, 04:53 PM
I think we only get either Bishop or Leach but not both.

They can definitely get both but they have to be creative.

Hootie
06-19-2013, 04:53 PM
lets just not sign Fisher

milkman
06-19-2013, 04:55 PM

Isn't the rookie salary pool already considered when they talk about cap space?

penbrook
06-19-2013, 04:56 PM
They can definitely get both but they have to be creative.

Some contracts will have to be restructured

The Bad Guy
06-19-2013, 04:57 PM
Isn't the rookie salary pool already considered when they talk about cap space?

I don't believe so. I use Overthecap.com for figures and they don't list Fisher yet.

I could be wrong though.

milkman
06-19-2013, 05:03 PM
I don't believe so. I use Overthecap.com for figures and they don't list Fisher yet.

I could be wrong though.

I thought that teams kept a separate pool for rookie salaries, and added contract numbers of rookie signings to the overall cap when they are completed.

I also could be wrong.

The Bad Guy
06-19-2013, 05:05 PM
I thought that teams kept a separate pool for rookie salaries, and added contract numbers of rookie signings to the overall cap when they are completed.

I also could be wrong.

They do get a rookie pool, but that rookie pool has to fit into the overall cap.

Since Fisher's deal structure isn't known yet, they can't factor him in.

Although, the Chiefs are likely going to need more than 3.7 million to sign Fisher alone so who the hell knows.

penbrook
GM Dave Caldwell "#Jaguars has definite interest in LB Desmond Bishop and we will monitoring his situation very closely. #Jaguars

ShowtimeSBMVP
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Cap room: $3.5 million

What does it mean? The Chiefs have had a great offseason, but there is little cap room left. The Chiefs have to sign No. 1 overall pick Eric Fisher. They are also reportedly hosting linebacker Desmond Bishop this week. The Chiefs may need to restructure a deal or two to get a little more room.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest

Urc Burry
06-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Gut tells me when get Bishop.. I would doubt we would get Leach with him

DaneMcCloud
06-19-2013, 05:08 PM
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Cap room: $3.5 million

What does it mean? The Chiefs have had a great offseason, but there is little cap room left. The Chiefs have to sign No. 1 overall pick Eric Fisher. They are also reportedly hosting linebacker Desmond Bishop this week. The Chiefs may need to restructure a deal or two to get a little more room.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest

Hali's on the books for $15 million this season, Eric Berry's on the books for $10 million-plus.

The Chiefs could easily restructure Hali by converting part of his salary into a signing bonus (which would allow it to be spread over the remaining years) or do the same with Berry.

Either way, I doubt the Chiefs are interviewing both players knowing that they can't eventually sign them.

The Bad Guy
06-19-2013, 05:12 PM
Hali's on the books for $15 million this season, Eric Berry's on the books for $10 million-plus.

The Chiefs could easily restructure Hali by converting part of his salary into a signing bonus (which would allow it to be spread over the remaining years) or do the same with Berry.

Either way, I doubt the Chiefs are interviewing both players knowing that they can't eventually sign them.

I heard the Chiefs briefly talked with Berry's agent earlier this off-season about an extension, but didn't hear anything after that.

The last sentence is an excellent point. The market for these guys isn't going to get crazy and the Chiefs aren't throwing their hat into a ring for either player unless they thought they had the money to sign them. They could sign them, restructure deals and then get Fisher locked up and be done.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-19-2013, 05:20 PM

So we would have him at ILB with DJ and Tamba and Justin outside ?

milkman
06-19-2013, 05:26 PM
I'm pretty sure penbook deleted his post because he thought I already answered HF's question.

But I misread HF's post, so deleted mine.

So, to answer, yes, Bishop would be inside with DJ.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-19-2013, 05:26 PM
Well, that highlight reel looked nice. And with A Rookie in Nico getting his feet wet it does look good. I think our secondary is going to be pretty solid so if our DL will step up ,and Poe is in his second season now , we just may have a REAL Defense this year.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-19-2013, 05:28 PM
I'm pretty sure penbook deleted his post because he thought I already answered HF's question.

But I misread HF's post, so deleted mine.

So, to answer, yes, Bishop would be inside with DJ.

HeHe. Yep. I figured it out .

mcaj22
06-19-2013, 05:51 PM
why cant they just cut guys

like Anthony Sherman 2.2 million, get the hell out of here

tons of bums on this team like that they can cut

Titty Meat
06-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Frank if you were a betting man what would you put the odds of us getting leach or bishop at?

ShowtimeSBMVP
06-19-2013, 08:47 PM
Leach would be a tight squeeze for Chiefs
June, 19, 2013
Jun 19
10:45
PM ET
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com

It appears the Kansas City Chiefs are not going to make a push for fullback Vonta Leach unless the team can come up with some cap room.

The Chiefs only have about $3.5 million in salary-cap room and they must sign No. 1 overall pick Eric Fisher. They are also going to visit with linebacker Desmond Bishop on Thursday.

Never say never on Leach ending up in Kansas City, but some things have to happen. Leach appears to be a luxury the Chiefs currently can’t afford.

In other AFC West news:

The USA Today reports there is more trouble for David Chao, who recently quit as the Chargers’ team physician.

DaneMcCloud
06-19-2013, 08:50 PM
why cant they just cut guys

like Anthony Sherman 2.2 million, get the hell out of here

tons of bums on this team like that they can cut

:facepalm:

Sherman's salary is $550k per year, which would hardly make a dent.

Secondly, cutting a guy like Sherman before training camp would be nonsensical, as injuries occur frequently.

DaneMcCloud
06-19-2013, 08:53 PM
Frank if you were a betting man what would you put the odds of us getting leach or bishop at?

If the Chiefs have to choose between one or the other, all things being equal in terms of health, Bishop has to be the guy.

O.city
06-19-2013, 08:55 PM
Who the hell could we cut to make room?

Dante84
06-19-2013, 08:58 PM
Tyson Jackshit.

Fuck that guy.

O.city
06-19-2013, 09:01 PM
While I would love leach for his leadership, like Dane said, bishop makes more sense

The Bad Guy
06-19-2013, 09:02 PM

I think the odds are higher with Bishop.

But I will contend that Dorsey knows the cap situation and still has interest in both.

milkman
06-19-2013, 09:25 PM
If the Chiefs have to choose between one or the other, all things being equal in terms of health, Bishop has to be the guy.

While I would love leach for his leadership, like Dane said, bishop makes more sense

I don't agree.

Alex Smith needs all the weapons in the passing game that this team can provide, and Leach can be a weapon in Reid's offense.

DaneMcCloud
06-19-2013, 09:38 PM
I don't agree.

Alex Smith needs all the weapons in the passing game that this team can provide, and Leach can be a weapon in Reid's offense.

Leach is 32 years old and was cut by the Super Bowl winning Ravens. Ozzie's not prone to mistakes in personal decisions.

I know that people love fullbacks around here, but I don't think the dropoff between Leach and whomever else would win the starting fullback job would be as great as Bishop (29 years old) that position's starter (Jordan or Johnson).

O.city
06-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Wasn't it more of a monetary decision with Leach in Baltimore?

I know Reid utilizes FB's alot in his offenses though.

DaneMcCloud
06-19-2013, 09:46 PM
Wasn't it more of a monetary decision with Leach in Baltimore?

The cap is irrelevant. If Ozzie wanted to keep Leach, he would still be a Raven.

O.city
06-19-2013, 10:01 PM
I'm sure they could have made room for him, had they wanted him that bad. In the end, he is a fullback, so while he's a good player, he's probably not an extremely important kog there anymore.

But if it came down to Leach and them being able to bring in Canty or Dumervil, easy choice.

O.city
06-19-2013, 10:05 PM
You're likely going to try and get Bishop on some type of higherish incentive deal on staying healthy etc. which you won't get with Leach.

DaneMcCloud
06-19-2013, 10:07 PM
You're likely going to try and get Bishop on some type of higherish incentive deal on staying healthy etc. which you won't get with Leach.

IMO, Leach will be lucky to get half of what he was supposed to earn in Baltimore.

If he gets $2 million a year, he should be thrilled to death.

O.city
06-19-2013, 10:09 PM
I bet he ends up in Miami, Ireland is on a save his job spending spree.

O.city
06-19-2013, 10:11 PM
I'd rather try one of our 3 TE's at H back TBH.

Titty Meat
06-19-2013, 10:13 PM
I think the Bishop singing would be a game changer.

ChiefAshhole20
06-19-2013, 11:08 PM
I think Leach's release had more to do with the fact they're trying to become more of an offense revolved around their $100+ million QB, and a high dollar FB just didnt fit in that offense anymore. Even if he is only 80% of what he was, that would by far be the best FB we've had since Richardson, and imo, is worth a contract if we can afford it.

Bishop could bring this D to the next level IF he is healthy, but I trust Dorsey and co. to make the right decision.

TRR
06-20-2013, 12:09 AM
It will be interesting to see if Bishop's health checks out. I have heard that if his hamstring does check out, Dorsey won't let him leave KC without a contract.

His hamstring injury was rough though. He tore it completely off the bone, and suffered a slight sprained hamstring during his therapy as well. Luckily it's been quite a bit of time since the initial injury.

Would love to see KC sign him. He is a three down player if healthy.

RustShack
06-20-2013, 12:41 AM
Sign both and be done with it. #Playoffs

CupidStunt
06-20-2013, 02:47 AM
When a player like this comes available, if his health checks out, it's like getting a bonus draft pick. The Packers cutting ties really means nothing to me; they're known for going on the cheap where they can, and in their defense, they're great at drafting and pretty much believe Rodgers can overcome deficiencies all over the field. We know in KC there's no such luxury.

I'd love Leach, too, but he's just a luxury I think. We have players in that spot, we wanna pass more, we've invested heavily in the OL and Charles is gonna rape regardless. Bishop -- again, if healthy -- fills a hole and adds legit talent to the D.

Dante84
06-20-2013, 07:44 AM
It will be interesting to see if Bishop's health checks out. I have heard that if his hamstring does check out, Dorsey won't let him leave KC without a contract.

His hamstring injury was rough though. He tore it completely off the bone, and suffered a slight sprained hamstring during his therapy as well. Luckily it's been quite a bit of time since the initial injury.

Would love to see KC sign him. He is a three down player if healthy.

Not being a dick, but from where, from whom?

Are you like TBG and have inside sources, or are you referring to mentions in the media - and if so, which outlets?

I'm just curious, because that's good news and I hope it's true.

The Bad Guy
06-20-2013, 07:50 AM

Are you like TBG and have inside sources, or are you referring to mentions in the media - and if so, which outlets?

The "he won't let him leave without a contract stuff" is pure hyperbole. It has to be.

Dorsey does love Bishop. Bob Sutton loves versatile linebackers that can stay on the field on all downs. Bishop provides that.

If Bishop comes in here wanting what he made with Green Bay, he's not getting it because that money isn't available right now.

I think ultimately the Chiefs do end up signing him, but I think that it's going to be a massively incentive laden deal.

MotherfuckerJones
06-20-2013, 07:56 AM
Does he work out for KC today?

Mav
06-20-2013, 10:43 AM
To the point about Ozzie not wanting to keep leach, and it not being monetary. Okay, we will see how that works out this year. You know who is going to be pissed? RAY RICE, because he is not going to have near the year he had when running behind him. Ask LT, what a difference Lorenzo Neal made for him, anyone else remember Emmitt Smiths Hall of Fame induction, who he mentioned? How about ask Peyton Hillis how much Lawrence Vickers meant to his success.....and then, to his demise. Ie he was gone blocking for ARIAN FOSTER who had a huge year behind him......

BossChief
06-20-2013, 11:23 AM
The "he won't let him leave without a contract stuff" is pure hyperbole. It has to be.

Dorsey does love Bishop. Bob Sutton loves versatile linebackers that can stay on the field on all downs. Bishop provides that.

If Bishop comes in here wanting what he made with Green Bay, he's not getting it because that money isn't available right now.

I think ultimately the Chiefs do end up signing him, but I think that it's going to be a massively incentive laden deal.

Any chance they are still trying to trade Albert?

The Bad Guy
06-20-2013, 12:31 PM
Any chance they are still trying to trade Albert?

Don't think so. I asked about his status and was told opening day left tackle.

ShowtimeSBMVP
06-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Report: Desmond Bishop decision looms
June, 20, 2013
Jun 20
1:55
PM ET
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com

Recommend2
Tweet5
Comments154
Email
Print

USA Today reports that free-agent linebacker Desmond Bishop will likely choose between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Minnesota Vikings after visiting the Chiefs on Thursday. He was cut by Green Bay on Monday and visited Minnesota on Wednesday.

Perhaps the Chiefs will have an edge because Bishop knows new Kansas City general manager John Dorsey. He came from Green Bay earlier in the year. Bishop, who is coming off a major hamstring injury, would be a 3-4 starting inside linebacker if he joins the Chiefs. The Chiefs don’t have a ton of cap room, so they might have to do some juggling.

In other AFC West Notes:

ESPN.com has revealed its top 300 fantasy players for the 2013 season. The highest ranked player from the AFC West is Kansas City running back Jamaal Charles. He is ranked sixth. No other player from the division is ranked in the top 20.

Fair? Unfair? Hash it out below, fantasy diehards.

TRR
06-20-2013, 01:58 PM

I have a credible source in KC that I speak to every now and again. His words were simply that Dorsey is VERY happy GB let him go and is not comfortable with the other ILB position next to DJ. He said they will agree to terms if everything checks out. If they don't, the hamstring is an issue.
Posted via Mobile Device

penbrook
06-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Per SiriusXM NFL Radio

@Desbishop55 tells @SiriusXMNFL he's still a FA "No pen to the paper yet, just going around taking visits & weighing my options right now"

penbrook
06-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Per SiriusXM NFL Radio

@Desbishop55 tells @SiriusXMNFL that in addition to the @Vikings & @kcchiefs , the @Giants and @jaguars are also interested in his services.

ShowtimeSBMVP
06-20-2013, 02:21 PM
Pat Kirwan ‏@PatKirwanCBS 6s

talkin w'Desmond Bishop-Said he could return to GB if all things equal. he may consider NYG&Jax but I got feelin he picks a team tonight

-King-
06-20-2013, 02:25 PM
Don't really think he's coming here.

mcaj22
06-20-2013, 02:27 PM
I don't think so either cause of the little money we have

but he's guaranteed a starting spot here. I dont think hes necessarily guaranteed a starting spot in those 4-3 defenses like the Vikings and Jags, two teams that already have two very good MLBers, that have no desire to lose their spot.

Titty Meat
06-20-2013, 02:31 PM
Yup he won't be coming here

SPATCH
06-20-2013, 02:51 PM
PHM, guys.

The Bad Guy
06-20-2013, 03:30 PM
I don't think so either cause of the little money we have

but he's guaranteed a starting spot here. I dont think hes necessarily guaranteed a starting spot in those 4-3 defenses like the Vikings and Jags, two teams that already have two very good MLBers, that have no desire to lose their spot.

Giants have less money than we do.

This is all posturing to drive up price. All things aren't equal. Green Bay isn't going to bring him back when they took a hit cutting him.

I'm going to be shocked if he's not a Chief.

BossChief
06-20-2013, 03:43 PM
If they find a way to get both Leach AND Bishop signed, I'm calling and ordering season tickets.

I'm not thrilled about Alex Smith, but other than that...this has been one hell of a good offseason. We upgraded a lot of positions.

ShowtimeSBMVP
06-20-2013, 04:03 PM
Ben Goessling ‏@BenGoesslingPP 7m

Desmond Bishop said on @SiriusXMNFL that he's getting 1-year offers. Giants and Jags have shown interest, in addition to Chiefs and Vikings.

saphojunkie
06-20-2013, 04:22 PM
Ben Goessling ‏@BenGoesslingPP 7m

Desmond Bishop said on @SiriusXMNFL that he's getting 1-year offers. Giants and Jags have shown interest, in addition to Chiefs and Vikings.

Then fuck it. Who needs a stop gap? Just give the reps to Nico.

DaneMcCloud
06-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Then fuck it. Who needs a stop gap? Just give the reps to Nico.

He's receiving 1-year offers because of his health. If he's healthy enough to play in 2013, I'd love to see him as a Chief this year.

I like Nico Johnson but he's a fourth round "thumper" that will likely be pulled on passing downs.

Bishop, OTOH, is a three down player.

MotherfuckerJones
06-20-2013, 05:07 PM
Hope he signs with us tonight. If he's healthy.

penbrook
06-20-2013, 05:12 PM
Ian Rapaport says on NFL Total Access Bishop will decide on a team really soon.

Both visits went well.

He has been offered 1 year deals.

Packers and Giants are Dark Horses.

MotherfuckerJones
06-20-2013, 05:14 PM
I'd expect either KC or back to GB

DaneMcCloud
06-20-2013, 05:15 PM
I'd expect either KC or back to GB

Why would he re-sign with Green Bay when they just took a cap hit to cut him?

MotherfuckerJones
06-20-2013, 05:17 PM
Why would he re-sign with Green Bay when they just took a cap hit to cut him?

Because he may want to stay there rather go to kc. Better chance to win. Just my guess. Guys get cut and re-sign all the time

penbrook
06-20-2013, 05:17 PM
Desmond Bishop said he could go back to GB but only under the " right situation".

DaneMcCloud
06-20-2013, 05:19 PM
Because he may want to stay there rather go to kc. Better chance to win. Just my guess. Guys get cut and re-sign all the time

But Green Bay just took a sizable cap hit to cut him. So by re-signing him, they're going to take that cap hit AND pay him on a new contract?

That just doesn't make sense.

MotherfuckerJones
06-20-2013, 05:24 PM
But Green Bay just took a sizable cap hit to cut him. So by re-signing him, they're going to take that cap hit AND pay him on a new contract?

That just doesn't make sense.

I don't know man I've been on vacation so just seen he was cut not the specifics, so I thought maybe he'd go back cheaper. Like some guys do

DaneMcCloud
06-20-2013, 05:30 PM
I don't know man I've been on vacation so just seen he was cut not the specifics, so I thought maybe he'd go back cheaper. Like some guys do

My posts aren't directed at you: They're directed the hypothesis of Green Bay cutting a guy, absorbing a sizeable cap hit, only to re-sign him.

If Green Bay were to do such a thing, it's basically a double-cap hit.

MotherfuckerJones
06-20-2013, 05:34 PM
My posts aren't directed at you: They're directed the hypothesis of Green Bay cutting a guy, absorbing a sizeable cap hit, only to re-sign him.

If Green Bay were to do such a thing, it's basically a double-cap hit.

Ya I just was responding. Wouldn't make sense but I don't know. This is all agent bullshit.

O.city
06-20-2013, 07:23 PM
Would be fine with a 1 year prove it deal, then go from there next year.

ct
06-20-2013, 08:11 PM
I figured short term prove it deal was only way he'd be here. I did suspect the vikes would cave and offer the long term deal, they new him worse than we do.

IowaChiefs83
06-20-2013, 08:26 PM
If all he's being offered one year deals from the teams mention then we are a likely choice. Unless he's afraid of Manning I can't see him not wanting to play here.

Dante84
06-21-2013, 07:41 AM
Well? Any news?

The Bad Guy
06-21-2013, 07:50 AM
Well? Any news?

Haven't heard much in the last 12 hours. Chiefs really think that Bishop leaking that the Giants were interested was a ploy to get someone to go 2 years.

If all the contracts are equal, I believe he's coming here.

MotherfuckerJones
06-21-2013, 09:40 AM
Hope he signs with us the more the merrier at ILB with DJ

ShowtimeSBMVP
06-21-2013, 09:47 AM
Sounds like Leach is about to sign with Fins.

TEX
06-21-2013, 09:51 AM
Sounds like Leach is about to sign with Fins.

Bummer. This guy would make an immediate impact (Yes at FB) with the Chiefs. He can get tough yards, block and catrch. One of the best, if not the best FB in the league.

The Bad Guy
06-21-2013, 10:31 AM
Yeah, based on these reports, he's likely headed to Miami.

He'd be great, but on the other hand, Charles ran for a shit ton of yards behind Brad Eachus and Patrick DiMarco.

DaneMcCloud
06-21-2013, 10:58 AM
Yeah, based on these reports, he's likely headed to Miami.

He'd be great, but on the other hand, Charles ran for a shit ton of yards behind Brad Eachus and Patrick DiMarco.

Exactly.

Chiefs fans are fullback crazy.

IMO, there's no reason to spend upwards of $2 million per year on a fullback, especially a FB that's 32 years old and could hit the "wall" at any point in time.

mcaj22
06-21-2013, 11:52 AM
theres also no reason to waste 500k on Anthony Sherman who is god damn terrible

but you know

DaneMcCloud
06-21-2013, 11:53 AM

but you know

:shake:

mcaj22
06-21-2013, 11:54 AM
:shake:

id rather the rookie(s) play

DaneMcCloud
06-21-2013, 12:02 PM
id rather the rookie(s) play

Will you ever shut about Sherman? He hasn't even earned a single penny yet, nor has he even made the team, but you continue to bitch about him as if he beat YOU out for a position on the team.

Personally, I'd rather see the BEST PLAYER play, regardless of whether it's a rookie or a vet.

Dante84
06-21-2013, 12:23 PM
I'm a Wildcat homer, but Willson was a beast for us.

I'm excited to see what he can do at the next level.

Mav
06-21-2013, 12:26 PM

but you know

I wouldn't take too much of what you know from seeing a guy play for the Cardinals. A fb especially. When your oline is as terrible as that one is, how in the hell or what kind of difference would a fullback really make. He can only block so many guys.

mcaj22
06-21-2013, 12:29 PM
I wouldn't take too much of what you know from seeing a guy play for the Cardinals. A fb especially. When your oline is as terrible as that one is, how in the hell or what kind of difference would a fullback really make. He can only block so many guys.

That's valid, though I still think he stinks

DaneMcCloud
06-21-2013, 12:41 PM

How many Cardinals games did you watch last year in their entirety?

ShowtimeSBMVP
06-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m

What's the latest on former #Packers LB Desmond Bishop? Still deciding between #Vikings, #Chiefs, and #Giants. Stay tuned...

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m

They were not mentioned to me. Sounds like just those 3 for Bishop RT @TIP_Parker: @RapSheet jaguars still in mix?

The Bad Guy
06-21-2013, 02:11 PM
John Clayton just said there are 2 other teams in on Leach besides Houston and Miami. Don't know if KC is one of them.

Dante84
06-21-2013, 02:15 PM
*boners crossed*

penbrook
06-21-2013, 02:18 PM
John Clayton just said there are 2 other teams in on Leach besides Houston and Miami. Don't know if KC is one of them.

He's gonna go to Houston. That's been his first choice.

penbrook
06-21-2013, 02:19 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m

What's the latest on former #Packers LB Desmond Bishop? Still deciding between #Vikings, #Chiefs, and #Giants. Stay tuned...

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m

They were not mentioned to me. Sounds like just those 3 for Bishop RT @TIP_Parker: @RapSheet jaguars still in mix?

He seems really interested in the Giants.

The Bad Guy
06-21-2013, 02:23 PM
He seems really interested in the Giants.

Or he's interested in getting a 2nd year and developing some type of bidding for his services.

ct
06-21-2013, 02:26 PM
I'd give him a 2nd year, with low base, no off season bonus, and no gauranteed $. Only thing I'd offer if he needed it to close the deal is an escalator clause if he starts say 14 games, then he has proven his health and can resign, be traded, or released and do this again next offseason in a much better position to get his payday. If this would make him happy and close the deal, i'd do it.

ShowtimeSBMVP
06-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Desmond Bishop ‏@Desbishop55 11m

Decisions decisions!!! Stuff spot, but great position to be in because I have options. Truly a blessing.

Titty Meat
06-21-2013, 02:52 PM
Bishop is going to new york

penbrook
06-21-2013, 02:54 PM
Bishop is going to new york

I have that feeling too. He likes the opportunity there.

ct
06-21-2013, 02:57 PM
I have that feeling too. He likes the opportunity there.

I would to if I were him, definitely. I think he's holding out hope GB wants him back.

MotherfuckerJones
06-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Vonta Leach - RB - Free Agent
ESPN's John Clayton reports free agent FB Vonta Leach is expected to sign with a team "early next week."
Interestingly, Clayton says Leach is drawing pursuit from two teams "other than" the Texans and Dolphins, the latter of whom are known suitors. We still expect Leach to choose between Houston and Miami. The Fins are the probable front-runners due to Leach's ties to Mike Sherman and Joe Philbin, and Miami's ample salary cap space. The Texans are much tighter up against the cap.

Rotoworld.com

penbrook
06-21-2013, 05:33 PM
Ian Rapaport said on NFL Total Access that the Vikings may have the upper hand on signing Bishop because of cap space but said Chiefs and Vikings are pushing really hard to sign him. Basically it's between us and the Vikings.

O.city
06-21-2013, 07:56 PM
No time to go read, what's the word?

LoneWolf
06-21-2013, 07:57 PM
No time to go read, what's the word?

Everybody knows that the bird is the word. Sheesh.

milkman
06-22-2013, 07:41 AM
Leach is 32 years old and was cut by the Super Bowl winning Ravens. Ozzie's not prone to mistakes in personal decisions.

I know that people love fullbacks around here, but I don't think the dropoff between Leach and whomever else would win the starting fullback job would be as great as Bishop (29 years old) that position's starter (Jordan or Johnson).

I don't give a rip about positions, except how they fit into a system.

If we hired josh McDumbass to coach this team, then Leach would not interest me.

But Reid's offense utiilizes the fullback as a weapon in the passing game, and his offense is most effective when he has a quality player at that position.

Top tier fullbacks play well into their 30s.

Tony Richardson and Lorenzo Neal were still playing at All Pro levels when they were 35-36 years old.

*boners crossed*

You're a sword crosser?

MotherfuckerJones
06-22-2013, 07:49 AM
Would love to get leach and bishop. If I had my choice it's bishop. More of a need but man it's nice to have a FB that can pave the way on 3rd and short or on the goaline which we've sucked at.

Micjones
06-22-2013, 08:45 AM
Ian Rapaport said on NFL Total Access that the Vikings may have the upper hand on signing Bishop because of cap space but said Chiefs and Vikings are pushing really hard to sign him. Basically it's between us and the Vikings.

I have to think he'd rather stay in the NFC North to play against his former team. The Chiefs are going to have to overpay to get him.
Not looking good. Guess we'll just have to run with Johnson and Jordan.

mcaj22
06-22-2013, 09:19 AM
i dont know who there is to even cut to make room

it's a couple guys making a lot of money then a bunch of depth players on cheap deals. there's really no middle of the road guys except for the front loaded FAs they signed this year.

god damn Albert/Jackson take up like 19 million in cap between the two, if only one could have been worked down

Mr. Arrowhead
06-22-2013, 09:42 AM
Jackson did take a paycut

Rausch
06-22-2013, 09:42 AM

He should be gone after this year...

mcaj22
06-22-2013, 09:43 AM
he's still making a fuck load of money for 2 years lol

Rausch
06-22-2013, 09:44 AM

If we hired josh McDumbass to coach this team, then Leach would not interest me.

But Reid's offense utiilizes the fullback as a weapon in the passing game, and his offense is most effective when he has a quality player at that position.

Tony Richardson and Lorenzo Neal were still playing at All Pro levels when they were 35-36 years old.

On that I agree.

But given a a pro-bowl-quality ILB or a probowl FB I'll go ILB every time...

Dante84
06-22-2013, 09:46 AM

He should take a job cut

Mav
06-22-2013, 10:56 AM

And you could be right. I didn't even know who the hell the guy was. lol. I was just trying to play devils advocate.

Mav
06-22-2013, 10:57 AM

it's a couple guys making a lot of money then a bunch of depth players on cheap deals. there's really no middle of the road guys except for the front loaded FAs they signed this year.

god damn Albert/Jackson take up like 19 million in cap between the two, if only one could have been worked down

If you can get Bishop, you cut whoever you need to, to get the guy. If he is healthy, him along side DJ? This guy single handedly made Aj Hawk look serviceable.

The Bad Guy
06-22-2013, 10:59 AM

It would have to be a restructure or extension situation. Berry or Albert being the most likely extension and Hali being the most likely restructure.

Rausch
06-22-2013, 11:00 AM
It would have to be a restructure or extension situation. Berry or Albert being the most likely extension and Hali being the most likely restructure.

Something tells me Albert isn't getting extended...

Mav
06-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Something tells me Albert isn't getting extended...

That to me, is going to be on how they value Donald Stephenson, and they probably wanted a year to see if he was the long term solution at right tackle, before deciding whether or not to extend Albert. You have to imagine at this point, they are thinking its a win win. Either Stephenson can handle the right tackle, and they can let Albert walk next season, or they decide he cant, and resign him, and keep Eric Fisher at right tackle. Smart on the Chiefs part.

FlaChief58
06-22-2013, 11:11 AM
*boners crossed*

Pics or GTFO

DaneMcCloud
06-22-2013, 11:43 AM

All things being equal, I'd rather have Bishop than Leach if it came down to one or the other.

Rausch
06-22-2013, 11:45 AM
That to me, is going to be on how they value Donald Stephenson, and they probably wanted a year to see if he was the long term solution at right tackle, before deciding whether or not to extend Albert. You have to imagine at this point, they are thinking its a win win. Either Stephenson can handle the right tackle, and they can let Albert walk next season, or they decide he cant, and resign him, and keep Eric Fisher at right tackle. Smart on the Chiefs part.

I don't think he can and hasn't shown anything to make anyone think he can...

Rausch
06-22-2013, 11:46 AM
All things being equal, I'd rather have Bishop than Leach if it came down to one or the other.

This...

milkman
06-22-2013, 11:58 AM

The defense is going to sink or swim on the performance of the D-Line, and how Sean Smith fits at corner (since I don't believe that Dunta Robinson can recapture his Texan days).

While having one of the best LB corps in the league if we added Bishop, when compared to how valuable a weapon as receiver in Reid's offense, especially with a limited QB like Smith, Leach would be, I just can't value Bishop over Leach.

mcaj22
06-22-2013, 12:04 PM
I mean both positions (FB and ILB2) arent any sort of threat or gameplan material for opposing teams right now so I see both sides of the coin

Offenses would have to identify Bishop on the field as opposed to journeyman Akeem Jordan or rookie Nico Johnson and Defenses would have to account for Leach being essentially a guaranteed blocker eliminating a LBer from the play almost every time and in the pass catching game in early sets. I can't say the same for Anthony Sherman, and unknowns about the rookie Wilson.

I'd take either one and be very happy.

best case fantasy scenario - both
happy scenario ( meat loaf ) - 1 outta 2 aint bad
worst - miss out on both 0 for 2

Rausch
06-22-2013, 12:05 PM
The defense is going to sink or swim on the performance of the D-Line, and how Sean Smith fits at corner (since I don't believe that Dunta Robinson can recapture his Texan days).

While having one of the best LB corps in the league if we added Bishop, when compared to how valuable a weapon as receiver in Reid's offense, especially with a limited QB like Smith, Leach would be, I just can't value Bishop over Leach.

Having a QB like Smith we better have all the help on defense we can afford...

BossChief
06-22-2013, 12:19 PM
This offense needs as many quality players added to it as possible because outside of Bowe and Charles, everything else is a huge question mark.

Leach is a guy that can help this offense in a whole lot of ways...quality dump offs, picking up blitzes, plowing holes for Charles and bringing a veteran presence to the huddle and lockerroom.

Truth be told, we NEED both players but if I had to chose one I'd get Leach.

Coogs
06-22-2013, 12:24 PM
This offense needs as many quality players added to it as possible because outside of Bowe and Charles, everything else is a huge question mark.

Leach is a guy that can help this offense in a whole lot of ways...quality dump offs, picking up blitzes, plowing holes for Charles and bringing a veteran presence to the huddle and lockerroom.

Truth be told, we NEED both players but if I had to chose one I'd get Leach.

We may not get either, but the best news for me is that these two players are the hottest two players on the market right now, and we are in the hunt for Bishop, and rumored to be in the hunt for Leach.

Times are a changing. :toast:

MotherfuckerJones
06-22-2013, 12:30 PM
I will say I thought Albert was traded in April so it wouldn't shock me if he was extended.

Mav
06-22-2013, 04:17 PM
Ironic to me, that you guys would want the guy more who is Injury plagued the past two years, over the guy who is PROVEN, and just helped his team in winning the super bowl.

That's just me. Of course, they both to me, can be extremely useful in ways, but when your best player is your running back, then adding the very best, not a top 5, he is the VERY BEST RUN BLOCKING FULLBACK IN THE LEAGUE, to a team that had a 1500 yard back last year without him, that seems like the way I would go, if I needed to choose between the two......

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-22-2013, 04:22 PM
:grr:Have we signed either of these assholes yet?

Micjones
06-22-2013, 05:00 PM

I disagree. Bishop is solid in coverage and gives us options on passing downs.
That would be big for this defense seeing how we don't currently have that kind of ILB on the team.

MotherfuckerJones
06-23-2013, 09:13 AM
Should know something real soon I'd assume.

Direckshun
06-23-2013, 09:21 AM
So.

No news?

Micjones
06-24-2013, 05:05 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/23/giants-consider-upping-their-offer-to-vonta-leach/

Giants consider upping their offer to Vonta Leach
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 23, 2013, 7:16 AM EDT

Free agent fullback Vonta Leach may soon receive an increased offer from the Giants.

After previously hoping to sign Leach to a minimum-salary deal, the Giants have stayed in touch and are considering upping their offer to him, according to the New York Daily News.

Leach has been the NFL’s first-team All-Pro fullback in each of the last three seasons, but the Ravens released him in a salary cap move. The Giants’ interest suggests that they’re not confident in fullback Henry Hynoski’s recovery from knee surgery.

The Dolphins have been viewed as the favorites to land Leach, but the Dolphins reportedly wanted to get a deal done with Leach by the end of last week if it was going to get done at all. The Texans are also reportedly interested in Leach, although their salary cap situation makes it unlikely that they’d be able to sign him to anything more than the league minimum. If the Giants are serious about upping their offer, they could very well be the landing spot for Leach.

This could have an impact on the Giants' pursuit of Bishop.

MotherfuckerJones
06-24-2013, 06:08 AM
I want them both now. We need a great FB that can pave the way on short yardage. And we need a skilled ILB that can be more than a thumper.

Chief Roundup
06-24-2013, 07:13 AM
Leach is a very good FB. I just don't remember the Eagles using a FB. So I am not sure why Reids' offense would require probably the best in the league now.

The Bad Guy
06-24-2013, 07:41 AM
Leach is a very good FB. I just don't remember the Eagles using a FB. So I am not sure why Reids' offense would require probably the best in the league now.

If you don't remember the Eagles using a fullback then you didn't watch their games.

MotherfuckerJones
06-24-2013, 07:57 AM
Leonard weaver was their FB right? I remember them drafting them

Titty Meat
06-24-2013, 08:02 AM

The Bad Guy
06-24-2013, 08:37 AM
Leonard weaver was their FB right? I remember them drafting them

They didn't draft Weaver. They signed him from Seattle.

MotherfuckerJones
06-24-2013, 08:42 AM
They didn't draft Weaver. They signed him from Seattle.

Oh ok well I didn't watch a whole lot but I remember weaver

mcaj22
06-24-2013, 09:03 AM
they paid Weaver like 3 years 11 million extension with 6.5 guaranteed

so I'd say any likes his FBs.

Mav
06-24-2013, 09:29 AM

Their best running days were when jon Ritchie was blocking for Duce Staley, and Westbrook........

MotherfuckerJones
06-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Deuce. Ah.. I remember deuce. I liked him. Good back.

mcaj22
06-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Their best running days were when jon Ritchie was blocking for Duce Staley, and Westbrook........

days?

it was one season lol

Mav
06-24-2013, 12:00 PM
days?

it was one season lol

lol, it does seem that way. But, prior to them getting T.O. back in the days when they had pinkston, and Freddie Mitchell, they ran quite a bit more than they do now days.....

mcaj22
06-24-2013, 12:03 PM
lol, it does seem that way. But, prior to them getting T.O. back in the days when they had pinkston, and Freddie Mitchell, they ran quite a bit more than they do now days.....

Andy Reid was the king of RBBC before it became a trend in fantasy football and today's game. And he only stopped when a once in awhile complete back talent like Shady McCoy fell into his lap

He loved deploying the Duce Staley, Correll Buckhalter, Brian Westbrook split carry horse shit game.

Mav
06-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Andy Reid was the king of RBBC before it became a trend in fantasy football and today's game. And he only stopped when a once in awhile complete back talent like Shady McCoy fell into his lap

He loved deploying the Duce Staley, Correll Buckhalter, Brian Westbrook split carry horse shit game.

Im all for it. If you don't have one dominant back, or you have an aging back, kinda like the 49ers do, and you have the horses, use them. Going to be interesting to see how JC, and fumbles McGee are used together.....

ChiefAshhole20
06-24-2013, 12:52 PM
PFT is reporting Bishop agreed to a one year deal with the Vikes... Shit.

penbrook
06-24-2013, 12:55 PM
I figure it would be the Vikes. They had the most money. If he doesn't want to be a part of a dynasty than that's his own problem. Erin Henderson isn't gonna be happy.

ChiefAshhole20
06-24-2013, 12:57 PM
Our next phone call should be going to Leach's agent.

penbrook
06-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Our next phone call should be going to Leach's agent.

He's in talks with the Dolphins and Texans. Could return to the Ravens and the Giants are reportedly going to increase their offer. We could jump back into the race.

penbrook
06-24-2013, 01:01 PM
Vikings always seem to get former Packer players.

Dante84
06-24-2013, 01:01 PM
Well fuck.

-King-
06-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Meh.

CupidStunt
06-24-2013, 01:05 PM
Would've been a much bigger signing than a FB.

Here's hoping NJ has the goods...

In58men
06-24-2013, 01:06 PM
Guess he figured that competing with Hali Johnson Houston and Johnson wasn't good chances at starting muahahah

penbrook
I have faith In Nico.

-King-
Guess he figured that competing with Hali Johnson Houston and Johnson wasn't good chances at starting muahahah

How the hell would he be competing with Hali, Houston, or DJ?

penbrook
06-24-2013, 01:07 PM

It's all about the money.

penbrook
06-24-2013, 01:08 PM
@TomPelissero

Desmond Bishop's one-year deal will be worth around $1.5M. Incentives could push it up around $2M. About what Erin made last year. #Vikings

penbrook
06-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Leach is gonna be asking for more than what Bishop got. We're out of the Leach race as too it seems.

The Bad Guy
06-24-2013, 01:15 PM
Chiefs refused to go to 2 years. They had a similar offer on the table to Minnesota from what I was told. It could have reached 2 million with incentives.

With all things equal, he wanted to stay in the division he was most familiar with.

penbrook
06-24-2013, 01:17 PM
Chiefs refused to go to 2 years. They had a similar offer on the table to Minnesota from what I was told. It could have reached 2 million with incentives.

With all things equal, he wanted to stay in the division he was most familiar with.

Any news on Leach?

Titty Meat
06-24-2013, 01:19 PM
Of course neither will sign here.

ShowtimeSBMVP
06-24-2013, 01:22 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5s

.@TomPelissero puts Desmond Bishop's #Vikings salary around $1.5M with a chance to make $2M. @ProFootballTalk first reported the signing.

In58men
06-24-2013, 01:23 PM
We don't need those guys anyways. Fuck depth. We're going ham this season.

Sorter
06-24-2013, 01:27 PM
Fuck.

The Bad Guy
06-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Any news on Leach?

Nothing. Based on his negotiations with the Dolphins that he commented on today, he's asking for some coin.

ShowtimeSBMVP
06-24-2013, 01:34 PM
Any news on Leach?

Vonta Leach - RB - Free Agent

Free agent FB Vonta Leach told Sirius XM Radio on Monday that he's in no rush to sign with a team.
A Friday report from ESPN claimed Leach would sign "early (this) week," but that may not happen. "We’re keeping all our options open," said Leach, 31. "There’s really not a rush for anything right now because you can’t do nothing on the football field. As long as we’re in somebody’s camp, I’ll be all right." Leach has drawn interest from the Texans, Dolphins, Giants, and Ravens.

mcaj22
06-24-2013, 01:41 PM
too good to be true, as usual

MotherfuckerJones
06-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Meh, it sucks but at least were constantly looking for upgrades. We still will have training camp cuts so well see what happens.

nychief
06-24-2013, 01:53 PM
bishop hasn't been good for awhile, injuries etc... no loss. Have fun watching Cassel play, jackass.