PDA

View Full Version : Life Off season silliness = 60 years of dances crazes

Baby Lee
07-02-2013, 10:14 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/F2B1q2xvjiI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How many do you remember, did you do?

How many did they miss?

Stewie
07-02-2013, 10:21 AM
The Twist has to be the most iconic.

Who knew the Moon Walk was done in 1955? Impressive.

Oh, and they missed "The Swim."

Baby Lee
07-02-2013, 10:42 AM
The Twist has to be the most iconic.

Who knew the Moon Walk was done in 1955? Impressive.

Oh, and they missed "The Swim."

I think they elided whether step dance was a black frat thing or Vanilla Ice thing.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EajhKrRrlpk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Start at :40

tooge
07-02-2013, 10:48 AM
they left out the 8th grade shuffle. I've been perfecting it since, well, the 8th grade.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-02-2013, 11:37 AM
What about "The Sprain"?

whoman69
07-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Just a reminder about how much I hated the Macarena, both the song and the dance. Many of those fudged the year they were done. Monster mash was early 60s, time warp was 1973. I don't even have the talent to do the Pee Wee. They forgot a few big ones like James Brown shuffle, the chicken dance.

Baby Lee
07-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Just a reminder about how much I hated the Macarena, both the song and the dance. Many of those fudged the year they were done. Monster mash was early 60s, time warp was 1973. I don't even have the talent to do the Pee Wee. They forgot a few big ones like James Brown shuffle, the chicken dance.

That reminds me, for a kid of the Mr. Mom era, this was a wild surprise I just discovered earlier this year. Keep your eye on the bushy haired blonde.

Warning music playing is not canon, or they'd have to change songs every 5 seconds.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lssbUjAMspE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cosmo20002
07-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Well I heard about the fellow you've been dancing with
All over the neighborhood
So why didn't you ask me baby
Or didn't you think I could?

Well I know that the boogaloo is out of sight
but the shingaling's the thing tonight
But if that was you and me a now baby
I would have shown you how to do it right
Do it right (U-huh)
Do it right (Do it right) Aaah.....

Twistin', shake it shake it shake it shake it baby
Hey we gonna loop de loop
Shake it out baby
Hey we gonna loop de la
Bend over let me see ya shake your tailfeather
Bend over let me see ya shake your tailfeather
Come on let me see ya shake your tailfeather
Come on let me see ya shake your tailfeather Aaah....

Do the twist
Do the fly
Do the swim
And do the bird
Well do the duck
and do the monkey
Hey hey, watusi
and a what about the food
Do the mashed potato
What about the boogaloo
Oh, the bony marony
Come on let's do the twist

Baby Lee
07-02-2013, 04:57 PM
Well I heard about the fellow you've been dancing with
All over the neighborhood
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qdbrIrFxas0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That first piano flourish was when an 8yo BL feel in love with ol' Ray. Prior to that, all I had been exposed to was my mom's vintage C&W and Dad's 1) Good Bad and Ugly soundtrack, and 2) Credence [not that I minded, then or now]

BTW - have you ever watched 'Think' really closely? Aretha might be the worst lip syncher on earth.

Al Bundy
07-02-2013, 04:58 PM
No Humpty Dance?

Baby Lee
07-02-2013, 05:07 PM
No Humpty Dance?

Sure there was.

kysirsoze
07-02-2013, 05:21 PM
I didn't see Soulja Boy (sp?). I also might have included the dance from the the Thong Song video just because I saw so many people do it when that ****ing song came on.

Baby Lee
07-02-2013, 05:52 PM
I didn't see Soulja Boy (sp?).

They gave him Crank Dat.