PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Off season workouts, workout reports

O.city
07-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Since football information is scarce here these days, I thought we could scrounge up some talk.

Before it happens and before we begin to piss, moan, and bicker about it, I thought we'd get it all out before the fact.

How much stock do you put into preseason,off-season, TC reports? As in, if Teicher comes out and states the defense is looking like ass, do you worry or are you more concerned when you start seeing it yourself on the field? Do you feel that it really matters how they perform until the bullets start flying?

Mellinger states how shitty Alex Smith has been and how he's not picking up the system, etc, does/do those reports matter?

And on the flip side, the DB's are having a great camp, Alex Smith is looking like an all pro, Charles is a demon, etc. how much does it matter to you?

I figure we'd get it out now, without any facts or bias into decisions.

I myself, am not a huge fan about the reports, negative or positive. While it's good I suppose to see positive reports and concerning to see negative ones, I don't get too awful caught up in it.

So, what say you CP?

JoeyChuckles
07-02-2013, 05:56 PM
I went to the 24 hour Fitness on Ward Parkway yesterday. I'll report when I go again.

Sandy Vagina
07-02-2013, 06:48 PM
If Alex does well, it doesn't matter... it's just practice.
If Alex does poorly, it completely matters and KC iz teh doomed.

As for the other player reports, good news will be exciting.. but many will still refuse to set high expectations because they are afraid of getting let down.

I just can't wait to get anything Chiefs related to read up on. Sick and tired of all of these non-sports-related threads.

http://www.cool-smileys.com/images/2100.gif

TRR
07-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Good thread.

I think we all saw how worthless camp reports are last year when the media predicted Jon Baldwin to be a Pro Bowler. Obviously that didn't translate very well.

I read the reports for injury updates, but I don't get up or down from positive or negative reports. I feel like Preseason is a better indicator of how the team if coming along....And even that is far from full-proof.

I fully expect the offense to be behind and have some struggles in camp. I also expect somee of CP to freak out about it. Either way you look at it, there is going to be some pretty big growing pains this year. The team that starts will not be the team the finishes...We just have to hope they gel sooner rather than later.
Posted via Mobile Device

stonedstooge
07-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Dudes on here that attend camp usually give some pretty honest evaluations

Chiefshrink
07-02-2013, 08:06 PM
What say me?

The final score of each regular season game is all that matters.

Al Davis did have one aspect right about football and that was "Just win baby"!:thumb:

J Diddy
07-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Good thread.

I think we all saw how worthless camp reports are last year when the media predicted Jon Baldwin to be a Pro Bowler. Obviously that didn't translate very well.

I read the reports for injury updates, but I don't get up or down from positive or negative reports. I feel like Preseason is a better indicator of how the team if coming along....And even that is far from full-proof.

I fully expect the offense to be behind and have some struggles in camp. I also expect somee of CP to freak out about it. Either way you look at it, there is going to be some pretty big growing pains this year. The team that starts will not be the team the finishes...We just have to hope they gel sooner rather than later.
Posted via Mobile Device
That was a let down equivalent to getting Jessica Alba buck ass naked and not being able to get it up.