PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV The Legend Of Shelby The Swampman

frankotank
07-11-2013, 08:42 AM
Welp...I'm ready for the onslaught of who give a rats ass.....but I'm gonna check this out! I've been just about ready to delete my Ax Men timer because I'm just about done with it. The only thing I find entertaining on the show anymore is Shelby Stanga. And I've been saying for the last few seasons....this guy needs his own show. It's coming.

'Ax Men' star Shelby Stanga to get his own show on History

http://imgick.nola.com/home/nola-media/width620/img/tv_impact/photo/13060896-mmmain.jpg

Shelby “Swamp Man” Stanga, star of History’s “Ax Men” and Atchafalaya Swamp celebrity, is getting his own reality series on the network: “The Legend of Shelby the Swamp Man” debuts at 8 p.m. Aug. 6.

The Tuesday (July 9) release from the network:

For the past four seasons, viewers of HISTORY’s hit series AX MEN followed the exploits of Shelby “Swamp Man” Stanga, the larger-than-life character who lives and logs in southern Louisiana. Born on the bayou, Shelby answers to no one and plays by his own rules. Most people think of the swamps as a place ridden with critters, mud and danger. For Shelby, it’s home.

Now, viewers will get to see what this legend of the Atchafalaya Swamp does to survive when he’s not diving for sinker cypress in gator-infested waters in THE LEGEND OF SHELBY THE SWAMP MAN, a new series premiering Tuesday, August 6 at 9pm ET on HISTORY.

In the wake of Hurricane Isaac, the “Swamp Man” has a problem… his house on the water is wrecked in the storm. Shelby is left with nothing but his best canine buddy, Willie. Over the course of eight / 30 minutes episodes, viewers will follow Shelby as he goes in search of a new houseboat, all while doing odd jobs to make money for his new home purchase.

Finding a new houseboat presents a huge challenge: Shelby must venture into the real world. He may not be afraid to look a 10-foot gator in the mouth, but he has seldom ridden in a car and never used an escalator.

His adventures take viewers deep into bayou culture and the colorful characters in his life. Whether he’s hog hunting, encountering venomous swamp creatures, working with a voodoo priestess or ridding swamp rats from a fancy house, the “Swamp Man” takes on each project with enthusiasm— on his own terms.

http://www.nola.com/tv/index.ssf/2013/07/ax_men_star_shelby_stanga_to_g.html

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/W4qDbkjF-gM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Molitoth
07-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Welp...I'm ready for the onslaught of who give a rats ass.....but I'm gonna check this out! I've been just about ready to delete my Ax Men timer because I'm just about done with it. The only thing I find entertaining on the show anymore is Shelby Stanga. And I've been saying for the last few seasons....this guy needs his own show. It's coming.

Spot on. I watch Ax Men now ONLY because of Shelby. The rest of that show sucks.
This is going to be awesome because now I can stop watching that crap and just focus on this show. Shelby cracks me. YEAH PAPA!

Dave Lane
07-11-2013, 09:05 AM
Proof the Mayans weren't wrong...

DMAC
07-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Looks historical.

Chief_For_Life58
07-11-2013, 09:29 AM
k

frankotank
07-11-2013, 09:43 AM
Looks historical.

ROFL

mikeyis4dcats.
07-11-2013, 12:05 PM
like others, Shelby is the only reason I watch Ax Men when I have nothing better to watch. Love Willie, and I genuinely feel bad for Shelby (though it appears he is just happy with his life).

HonestChieffan
07-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Shelby represents the good in people, the rewards of honest work, and an independant spirit

NewChief
07-11-2013, 04:18 PM
My brother has sourced some timber from Shelby on a few occasions.

Pablo
07-11-2013, 04:19 PM
Shelby represents the good in people, the rewards of honest work, and an independant spiritLMAO

Yeah, that's what he embodies.

frankotank
07-12-2013, 08:39 AM
LMAO

Yeah, that's what he embodies.

why is that funny?
if he is half as real as what they show on the show....seems like a legit cool cat. works his ass off and doesn't shit all over people like most of the scumbags on Ax Men. I like him. this show just might be good. he is funny as hell.

THAT'S A GOOD ONE PAPA!

GESteve
07-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Shelby lives about 10 miles from me he is a funny dude. We were playing pool with him and some of the cast at a local place called Riverside, They allow dogs he brought in a big dog and while we were playing pool the dog took a big Shit,Some dude that was playing darts stepped in it and started raising all kinds of hell. needless to say Shelby partys with some big ass Cajun boys the situation was handled pretty quickly. Was funny to see how fast the guy changed his tune

frankotank
07-16-2013, 12:39 PM
Shelby lives about 10 miles from me he is a funny dude. We were playing pool with him and some of the cast at a local place called Riverside, They allow dogs he brought in a big dog and while we were playing pool the dog took a big Shit,Some dude that was playing darts stepped in it and started raising all kinds of hell. needless to say Shelby partys with some big ass Cajun boys the situation was handled pretty quickly. Was funny to see how fast the guy changed his tune

that's pretty cool. he seems like a legitimately nice dude.
tell me.....

was he barefoot? ROFL

Pablo
07-16-2013, 01:15 PM
why is that funny?
if he is half as real as what they show on the show....seems like a legit cool cat. works his ass off and doesn't shit all over people like most of the scumbags on Ax Men. I like him. this show just might be good. he is funny as hell.

THAT'S A GOOD ONE PAPA!Hero worship for a reality TV whore redneck that wears women's underwear and carries an enormous pistol around to shoot down trees.

Seems more like a reality TV whore than the salt of the earth, entrepreneurial every-man you all want him to be so badly. Granted, he's entertaining. But that's what he's paid to be. Entertainment.

frankotank
07-16-2013, 01:31 PM
Hero worship for a reality TV whore redneck that wears women's underwear and carries an enormous pistol around to shoot down trees.

Seems more like a reality TV whore than the salt of the earth, entrepreneurial every-man you all want him to be so badly. Granted, he's entertaining. But that's what he's paid to be. Entertainment.

ahh man!
I forgot about the underwear.

dang it.....

salame
07-16-2013, 09:14 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bf/SwampThingTitleScreenNES.gif