PDA

View Full Version : Football Geno Smith A "No Show" At Sanchez Led Jets West Camp

Pages : [1] 2

houstonwhodat
07-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Thought ya'll might be interested in this.

Read into this what you want. Not really sure if Smith should be attending since they are probably competing for the same spot.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9470930/source-geno-smith-attend-mark-sanchez-jets-west-camp

"New York Jets rookie quarterback Geno Smith will not attend Mark Sanchez's annual "Jets West" camp, a league source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com's Rich Cimini.

Instead of attending Sanchez's chemistry-building camp for the Jets' offensive players, Smith is working out in Florida, according to the New York Daily News. Multiple media reports said Smith was not in attendance at Jets West on Thursday, the first official practice in Southern California.

We haven't talked about it, but from my understanding it's something that's done annually and all the guys go out there and it's been a great experience," Smith previously had said."

alpha_omega
07-12-2013, 03:27 PM
This should surprise nobody. Look for a Smith run camp next off season.

Oh, and fuck the Jets.

houstonwhodat
07-12-2013, 03:28 PM
This should surprise nobody. Look for a Smith run camp next off season.

Oh, and **** the Jets.

Geno needs to go so he can learn the art of butt-fumbles.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
07-12-2013, 04:17 PM
I hope no one white nights this move. You'd be foolish.

Mr. Laz
07-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Smith should of went imo.

just to get to know the guys etc and play nice.

"Be nice until it's time to not be nice ......."

Halfcan
07-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Geno really has come off as kind of a d bag- no wonder his draft stock dropped.

DaneMcCloud
07-12-2013, 04:25 PM
If he was invited, he was foolish not to attend. Not only could he develop chemistry with his teammates, the football knowledge would have only benefited him this year and beyond.

He's proving yet again that he's immature and makes bad decisions. Senior Bowl, firing agents and now, skipping this opportunity.

Sully
07-12-2013, 04:26 PM

Agreed

Mr. Laz
07-12-2013, 04:28 PM
Geno really has come off as kind of a d bag- no wonder his draft stock dropped.

Agreed
going to the camp is a no brainer UNLESS your ego gets in the way and you can't get over the butthurt.

immaturity

stonedstooge
07-12-2013, 04:29 PM
Probably afraid of this

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L9W5xFp-cmY?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TribalElder
might be better off not trying to learn from dirty sanchez and his rectal fumbles

DaneMcCloud
might be better off not trying to learn from dirty sanchez and his rectal fumbles

Dumb

okcchief
07-12-2013, 05:23 PM
I wanted a QB in the draft if at all possible, but I definately feel better about Fisher than any QB at this point. I just don't think Geno will ever be the guy. Just our sorry ass luck. Still dont like how much we gave up for Alex, but either way you are probably looking for a new QB in a few years.

loochy
07-12-2013, 05:24 PM
ZOMG NO WAI GENO BUST ALEX SMIF WOULD LEAD THE TEAM TO ELEVENTY SUPERBOELS

Tribal Warfare
07-12-2013, 05:35 PM

yep, sometimes you have to follow to lead later.

Mojo Jojo
07-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Dude should have gone. Now his offensive teammates will likely be thinking who the hell does this rookie think he is? He was a second round pick. Proves one of the reasons he dropped and he is doing nothing to prove all the GM's wrong.

allen_kcCard
07-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Not exactly the WRONG decision, but I think going would have been more right by a long shot.

Brock
07-12-2013, 05:48 PM
He says he wasn't invited, so whatever.

DaneMcCloud
07-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Not exactly the WRONG decision, but I think going would have been more right by a long shot.

It was the wrong decision, period.

He's a rookie QB that had a chance to hang out and work with veteran NFL players. That's a huge bonus for any player, let alone a rookie.

If he went and played lights out, he'd have more support in the locker room this season, not to mention, push his QB rival to work ever harder. If didn't play well, he'd have the opportunity to analyze why he didn't play well and try to correct those issues during training camp.

Anyway you look at it, it's a Lose-Lose for Smith.

Mr. Laz
07-12-2013, 05:52 PM

media was asking Smith about going to the current camp during the last OTA's

Sanchez said everyone was invited

So now not only is Geno being immature, he's lying about it

DaneMcCloud
07-12-2013, 05:53 PM

The Jets West camp is open to all teammates. Other QB's have been in the past, so I'm not buying it.

Yesterday, he issued a "No Comment".

TribalElder
07-12-2013, 05:56 PM
jets west is some bullshit sanchez made up

it's not official team sponsored event

TribalElder
07-12-2013, 05:58 PM
Geno was probably chillin with Jay Z listening to the new album early and stuff like that

jets west... pfffft

Setsuna
07-12-2013, 06:00 PM
LOL who gives a crap? He'll be leading this team soon enough.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
07-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Not a good excuse. Anything attached to a Rex Ryan head coached team is a joke.

Brock
07-12-2013, 06:01 PM
jets west is some bullshit sanchez made up

it's not official team sponsored event

True. Meaningless afaic.

Mr_Tomahawk
07-12-2013, 06:06 PM
Great leader and teammate.

/genobators

Dave Lane
07-12-2013, 06:20 PM
Not sure if he should've gone or not but that sure as heck doesn't make him look like a good dude

Easy 6
07-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Yep, read this yesterday...

The rookie with a lot to prove doesnt have time to attend informal/involuntary practices? mmk, maybe it wasnt such a bad choice to pass on him after all, huh?

Has a chance to prove himself and endear himself to his teammates, against a VERY weak starter... no shows.

Man i got sick of hearing about this mother****er.

DaneMcCloud
07-12-2013, 06:32 PM
True. Meaningless afaic.

But it's not. Chris Ivory, Stephen Hill and other offensive starters are there. It's a time to develop chemistry and become closer as teammates.

Keep in mind, these guys don't play in Minnesota or Jacksonvile. There are 8 million people just in Manhattan and a metric shit ton of media coverage.

Smith has developed a pattern of skipping important events and those that he's attended, he appears to be a whiny crybaby.

Brock
07-12-2013, 06:41 PM
None of the other qbs went either. Meaningless.

King_Chief_Fan
07-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Thought ya'll might be interested in this.

Read into this what you want. Not really sure if Smith should be attending since they are probably competing for the same spot.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9470930/source-geno-smith-attend-mark-sanchez-jets-west-camp

"New York Jets rookie quarterback Geno Smith will not attend Mark Sanchez's annual "Jets West" camp, a league source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com's Rich Cimini.

Instead of attending Sanchez's chemistry-building camp for the Jets' offensive players, Smith is working out in Florida, according to the New York Daily News. Multiple media reports said Smith was not in attendance at Jets West on Thursday, the first official practice in Southern California.

We haven't talked about it, but from my understanding it's something that's done annually and all the guys go out there and it's been a great experience," Smith previously had said."

why the fuss over a guy that every team skipped over and some of them twice?

DaneMcCloud
07-12-2013, 06:54 PM
None of the other qbs went either. Meaningless.

Tebow went last year. Brunnel went in the past.

I don't know if you're being obtuse or not but a smart man would use this opportunity to assess his opponent.

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

DaneMcCloud
07-12-2013, 06:58 PM
why the fuss over a guy that every team skipped over and some of them twice?

Are you new?

Cannibal
07-12-2013, 07:16 PM
This particular incident is not a big deal, however, shit like this seems to follow Geno around.

Cannibal
07-12-2013, 07:17 PM
So glad we didn't didn't listen to the ball washers and take him 1.1.

Easy 6
07-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Tebow went last year. Brunnel went in the past.

I don't know if you're being obtuse or not but a smart man would use this opportunity to assess his opponent.

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

And those guys were veterans...

For a rookie not to seize every single opportunity he can to learn about his teammates, to not get to know his guys, their styles, personalities, idiosyncracies, to not further familiarize himself with what their system is all about, to not give himself any possible edge he can before training camp?

That spells bullshitter in any language, man, so glad KC didnt waste their time on this guy.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-12-2013, 07:21 PM
How's about Geno just goes to regular camp, at the appointed time, and knocks Sanchez' dick in the dirt? Would that be okay?

DaneMcCloud
07-12-2013, 07:27 PM
How's about Geno just goes to regular camp, at the appointed time, and knocks Sanchez' dick in the dirt? Would that be okay?

How about your meth-infested brain stays on topic for ONCE?

Easy 6
07-12-2013, 07:31 PM

No, not really... if that were me, i'd want to grab every single opportunity by the neck and choke it to death.

Particularly if i thought i was a hot shit who got passed over time and again, particularly if i smelled the blood of an extremely weak starter... if i wanted to be a star in the NFL, i'd never miss an opportunity to show that i AM one.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-12-2013, 07:34 PM
How about your meth-infested brain stays on topic for ONCE?

Well, Mr. Smart Motherfucker, winning the starting job IS IN FACT the first obstacle on the track, is it not?

Or perhaps my pointing out the most practical solution to this utter fucking yap-fest has somehow wrinkled your panties?

Sassy Squatch
07-12-2013, 07:38 PM
And we're off!!

DaneMcCloud
07-12-2013, 07:52 PM
Well, Mr. Smart Motherfucker, winning the starting job IS IN FACT the first obstacle on the track, is it not?

Or perhaps my pointing out the most practical solution to this utter fucking yap-fest has somehow wrinkled your panties?

So, you wanna tell us what advantage Smith has by not attending?

houstonwhodat
07-12-2013, 07:55 PM
No, not really... if that were me, i'd want to grab every single opportunity by the neck and choke it to death.

Particularly if i thought i was a hot shit who got passed over time and again, particularly if i smelled the blood of an extremely weak starter... if i wanted to be a star in the NFL, i'd never miss an opportunity to show that i AM one.

Especially since he was seen leaving the draft and pouting because he didn't get selected the first day.

If I was him I'd be using every opportunity where the team gathered to show I was for real and to take me seriously.

Then again, someone had to ADVISE him on what to do.

That is usually his agent.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-12-2013, 07:55 PM
So, you wanna tell us what advantage Smith has by not attending?

I see no disadvantage. If he has chosen to go his own route between now and camp, who's to say it's the wrong way if he earns the starting spot?

houstonwhodat
07-12-2013, 07:57 PM
So glad we didn't didn't listen to the ball washers and take him 1.1.

I know right.

Everyone was so pissed when the Chiefs didn't take him.

Geno Smith IS NOT a leader.

DaneMcCloud
07-12-2013, 08:02 PM
I see no disadvantage. If he has chosen to go his own route between now and camp, who's to say it's the wrong way if he earns the starting spot?

Yeah, he's at disadvantage by hanging out with the starting WR's, RB's and TE's.

:facepalm:

houstonwhodat
07-12-2013, 08:07 PM
Yeah, he's at disadvantage by hanging out with the starting WR's, RB's and TE's.

Doesn't matter whether the camp would be that much beneficial or not.

Right now Geno Smith already has a cloud of immaturity over his head and he should be using every opportunity to show that he's not that way.

In life you are not really who you think you are.

You are who other people think you are.

Perception is reality like it or not.

Easy 6
07-12-2013, 08:08 PM

I get going your own way, skipping this and that if you're Brady or Rodgers...

But this guys a grass green rookie who simply isnt good enough to choose his own path... sure, he might beat out sanchez based purely on physical ability, but as intricate and complicated as being an NFL qb can be? thats HIGHLY doubtful and i know you know it.

A man who's driven to succeed at the most important position in all of pro sports, simply does not have anything more important to do.

Who is the team going to respect, the vet doing what he can to fix things, or the totally unproven kid who's too good to show up?... that stuff counts, Matt Cassel aside, heh.

Chief Roundup
07-12-2013, 08:20 PM

Geno choose the break even or lose option. He could have chosen a break even to win option.
Keep sucking on the chocolate penis. Sure wish you would choke on that damn thing. Oh it must be small or somehow worthless too.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Can't wait till he pimps a Dolphin hat.

KCBOSS1
07-12-2013, 08:36 PM
We got rid of our Trojan phenom.... The jets are still having to deal with theirs

TribalElder
07-12-2013, 09:05 PM
http://gamedayr.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/geno-smith-new-york-jets-mark-sanchez-tim-tebow-570x385.jpg

Chiefshrink
07-12-2013, 09:10 PM
Jeff George I
Jeff George II-Ryan Leaf
Jeff George III-Jay Cutler
Jeff George IV-Cam Newton
Jeff George V-Geno Smith in waiting

IowaChiefs83
07-12-2013, 09:32 PM
He figured seeing how he will be the only one still on the roster in five years what's really the point. Jets have to be competing with the faid for the less talented team in the NFL.

Sorter
07-12-2013, 10:32 PM
This particular incident is not a big deal, however, shit like this seems to follow Geno around.

Agreed.

aturnis
07-12-2013, 10:40 PM
So what if he was told Jets West is all about 4 hours of training and prep a day, and the rest of the tome just hanging out and goofing off? What if he saw that as a distraction from properly preparing himself for a trading camp QB battle. He can get the playbook down pat if he had no distractions...

Being a rookie, he needs every bit of edge he can muster. And knowing that it's party boy Sanchez's camp, I wouldn't be shocked if there would be plenty of fucking around.

DaneMcCloud
07-12-2013, 10:46 PM
Can't wait till he pimps a Dolphin hat.

Can't wait until he's a Super Bowl runner-up

BossChief
07-12-2013, 11:47 PM
He is a fool to not take advantage of every single opportunity to build chemistry with his teammates and compete.

Setsuna
07-13-2013, 12:22 AM
Yall are just snake bit. GTFO.

DaneMcCloud
07-13-2013, 12:25 AM
Yall are just snake bit. GTFO.

Lex Luthor
07-13-2013, 01:32 AM
So what if he was told Jets West is all about 4 hours of training and prep a day, and the rest of the tome just hanging out and goofing off? What if he saw that as a distraction from properly preparing himself for a trading camp QB battle. He can get the playbook down pat if he had no distractions...

Being a rookie, he needs every bit of edge he can muster. And knowing that it's party boy Sanchez's camp, I wouldn't be shocked if there would be plenty of ****ing around.

JFC! Stop making excuses for him. That is one of the stupidest posts I've seen in a long time. This wasn't about Geno Smith avoiding a distraction and using this time to study the playbook. This was about Geno Smith continuing to be a whiney pussy. Thank God Reid and Dorsey saw through his bullshit and refused to draft him. Geno Smith = FAIL

Hammock Parties
07-13-2013, 02:15 AM
Doesn't matter. This time next year, Sanchez will be gone, and Geno will be leading the Jets.

ChiliConCarnage
07-13-2013, 03:28 AM
I think it's ok to miss it but particularly as a rookie who wants to be the leader of the offense he should have gone
It's a chance to build some camaraderie with your teamates

Super side note: camaraderie is a really awkward word to spell. I had to look it up :\

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-13-2013, 04:43 AM
Geno choose the break even or lose option. He could have chosen a break even to win option.
Keep sucking on the chocolate penis. Sure wish you would choke on that damn thing. Oh it must be small or somehow worthless too.

Doesn't matter. This time next year, Sanchez will be gone, and Geno will be leading the Jets.
This. And I can't wait to watch idiots like Roundup choke on their Alex Smith bullshit. I'm patient. I can wait.

Chief Roundup
07-13-2013, 05:23 AM

Curious...What was your position about Bowe holding out last offseason and not participating in OTAs and stuff like that before TC?

Chief Roundup
07-13-2013, 05:30 AM
This. And I can't wait to watch idiots like Roundup choke on their Alex Smith bullshit. I'm patient. I can wait.

I am not going to be more patient than 2 years. The difference is I don't believe there was a QB candidate this offseason like there has been in years past. I think for the first time that we had the people in place that would do it, they have done it before, but there just wasn't SHIT on the market.
I have said before that we overpaid for Alex Smith, but there is nothing I can do about it and I am not going to cry over spilt milk.
I look forward to Reid and Dorsey drafting that mythical 1st round QB for the KC Chiefs.

jspchief
07-13-2013, 05:54 AM
So, you wanna tell us what advantage Smith has by not attending? The only perceived advantage may have been to avoid the drama of the new rookie QB showing up to the hotseat QB's camp.

But it's NY, and this QB situation is going to be a media circus regardless.

Cannibal
07-13-2013, 06:32 AM
ROFL

Cannibal
07-13-2013, 06:37 AM
Super side note: camaraderie is a really awkward word to spell. I had to look it up :\

Hah. Cracked me up.

unlurking
07-13-2013, 07:05 AM
I'll admit, I wanted Geno at 1.1. This doesn't reflect well on his attitude (or more importantly my pick! :banghead: ).

Regardless of Sanchez' actions on/off the field, as has been pointed out, the rest of the team is there. You would of thought he would have learned after all the negative views of his skipping the senior bowl. I'm surprised his agent didn't advise him to attend.

AussieChiefsFan
07-13-2013, 07:14 AM
I'll admit, I wanted Geno at 1.1. This doesn't reflect well on his attitude (or more importantly my pick! :banghead: ).

Regardless of Sanchez' actions on/off the field, as has been pointed out, the rest of the team is there. You would of thought he would have learned after all the negative views of his skipping the senior bowl. I'm surprised his agent didn't advise him to attend.Maybe he did. :shrug:

Mr_Tomahawk
07-13-2013, 07:28 AM
Maybe he was practicing how to drink water with his helmet on...?

GloryDayz
07-13-2013, 07:33 AM
Gezuz Fucking Kreist, this is terrible.... I guess he's Gee-NO now!

GloryDayz
07-13-2013, 07:34 AM
Maybe he was practicing how to drink water with his helmet on...?

So he's at NASCAR camp?

chiefzilla1501
07-13-2013, 07:51 AM
LOL who gives a crap? He'll be leading this team soon enough.

You can't lead a team if nobody follows you.

houstonwhodat
07-13-2013, 08:50 AM
Gee NO

chiefzilla1501
07-13-2013, 08:57 AM
The only perceived advantage may have been to avoid the drama of the new rookie QB showing up to the hotseat QB's camp.

But it's NY, and this QB situation is going to be a media circus regardless.

Yup. But let's look at the disadvantages.

Missed an opportunity to bond with teammates
Missed an opportunity to learn the system and develop timing with receivers
Shows coaches you're above the team
Creates drama in the clubhouse by acting as if he got snubbed to the media
Creates drama in the clubhouse because you've created a war with the other QB, and as of right now, they're going to side with the guy you're battling with
If true that the Jets coached him to say "no comment", then he went above the team
It shows that he's either ignoring advice from his agent or picked a bad one

Anyone defending this is outside their mind. Terrible decision and am more and more glad each day that we passed on him

Saccopoo
07-13-2013, 09:00 AM
Shocker.

Why in the hell would Geno attend a camp run by Sanchez, who, by all accounts and measurables, is one of, if not the worst quarterback in the entire NFL?

Pants Down Hot Dog can't get out of Jersey fast enough for the team ownership and management. They are most assuredly praying that Geno Smith gets it and gets it super duper fast.

MotherfuckerJones
07-13-2013, 09:05 AM
He should be with his teammates training but not learning from Sanchez. He blows monkey balls.

Fairplay
07-13-2013, 09:06 AM
Now who all was in this thug gang on the CP that supported Geno again?

Fairplay
07-13-2013, 09:07 AM
This time next year, Sanchez will be gone, and Geno will be leading the Jets.

By default mind you.

Saccopoo
07-13-2013, 09:22 AM
He should be with his teammates training but not learning from Sanchez. He blows monkey balls.

Well, the thing of it is, this was a camp run by Sanchez, who is on the chopping block with the fans, coaches, management and ownership.

That's not the camp you want to go to if you are the guy that the team is hoping who beats out the incumbent QB for the starting spot.

If it was a camp run by Mangold or Ferguson that would be one thing, but a camp run by the incumbent QB who is a complete social retard and the worst starting QB in the entire league is something completely different.

Mr_Tomahawk
07-13-2013, 09:33 AM
Gee NO

Q

Messier
07-13-2013, 09:39 AM
I think sometimes Geno gets a bad wrap, but he does make oddball choices. There are arguments to be made for him not to attend this, but Sanchez sucks isn't one of them. Smith is potentially more talented than Sanchez, but he's not doing himself favors if he doesn't act like he's a rookie that knows nothing yet.

MotherfuckerJones
07-13-2013, 09:46 AM
Well, the thing of it is, this was a camp run by Sanchez, who is on the chopping block with the fans, coaches, management and ownership.

That's not the camp you want to go to if you are the guy that the team is hoping who beats out the incumbent QB for the starting spot.

If it was a camp run by Mangold or Ferguson that would be one thing, but a camp run by the incumbent QB who is a complete social retard and the worst starting QB in the entire league is something completely different.

Sanchez is a partyboy who doesn't really care about football. Not someone Geno should be around let alone learn from. He would've been better off with Sanchez gone and learning from Garrard IMO

chiefzilla1501
07-13-2013, 09:46 AM

He should go for the chemistry alone. It's only a few days. He's not going to learn bad habits in that time. But let's put that aside.

If he knew he had a bad reputation from the draft, you want to see a player try to improve it. This adds even more fuel to the fire. If the Jets told him to say "no comment", then keep your mouth shut. Don't create drama around whether you were or weren't invited. Especially when you know everyone is invited. He doesn't seem to care.

There are plenty of ways he could have chosen not to do this without coming off like a self-centered prick. What's a shame is the guy has talent but needs a SERIOUS attitude adjustment that he's not going to get in NY.

Saccopoo
07-13-2013, 09:47 AM
I think sometimes Geno gets a bad wrap, but he does make oddball choices. There are arguments to be made for him not to attend this, but Sanchez sucks isn't one of them. Smith is potentially more talented than Sanchez, but he's not doing himself favors if he doesn't act like he's a rookie that knows nothing yet.

You want him to go to a "team building camp" run by the guy he's supposed to beat out? They guy that the team is hoping goes sailing in the North Atlantic in a leaky canoe with no life preserver?

Sanchez sucks. But that's not the reason Geno doesn't go to his camp. It's because Sanchez sucks and Geno was signed to take his job, sooner, much sooner rather than later. You don't pal around with a guy that everyone who is associated with the Jets wants off the team. The only people that management/ownership wanted at Sanchez's camp were hot dog vendors and gold digging football groupies. That dude is a walking black ball.

Messier
07-13-2013, 09:58 AM
You want him to go to a "team building camp" run by the guy he's supposed to beat out? They guy that the team is hoping goes sailing in the North Atlantic in a leaky canoe with no life preserver?

Sanchez sucks. But that's not the reason Geno doesn't go to his camp. It's because Sanchez sucks and Geno was signed to take his job, sooner, much sooner rather than later. You don't pal around with a guy that everyone who is associated with the Jets wants off the team. The only people that management/ownership wanted at Sanchez's camp were hot dog vendors and gold digging football groupies. That dude is a walking black ball.

Go for the teammates that don't know you and prefer Sanchez right now. By not going all you're doing is reinforcing any divide that might exist on the team.

He's a 2nd round pick. Sure they'd like him to replace Sanchez, but nothing is guaranteed, and my guess it if Smith acts like the job is his without putting in the work, and doing things maybe he doesn't want to, it never will his job.

Hammock Parties
07-13-2013, 09:59 AM
For all we know, Geno was told NOT to go to the camp.

chiefzilla1501
07-13-2013, 09:59 AM

Then talk to your agent or media guy and come up with a response. There are a million ways to have spun this positively. Instead, he chose to throw his teammate under the bus. He acted like he would rather develop himself than gel with his teammates, which makes him look like a loner. He apparently was instructed to answer "no comment" and chose to throw a dig in. And this is one of a million interviews where he acts like he has some giant chip on his shoulder.

And now he created drama where there didn't need to be, he hurt his reputation with his teammates, and showed that he can't follow simple instructions. All at a time when people already believe you're uncoachable. Not a good start.

Saccopoo
07-13-2013, 10:16 AM
Go for the teammates that don't know you and prefer Sanchez right now. By not going all you're doing is reinforcing any divide that might exist on the team.

He's a 2nd round pick. Sure they'd like him to replace Sanchez, but nothing is guaranteed, and my guess it if Smith acts like the job is his without putting in the work, and doing things maybe he doesn't want to, it never will his job.

From all indications, he's been training in Florida. That's putting in real work versus hanging out with Hot Dog at a camp which probably doesn't amount to more than Sanchez chortling about the high schoolers he's recently banged.

It's not "team building" when the camp is run by a guy who everyone knows is going to get cut as soon as it's financially acceptable to do so, especially when that guy has the job you are going to take.

Going to Sanchez's camp is like going to a sales seminar run by the worst sales person in your entire company who is on administrative leave.

The stupid is in full force in this thread.

Saccopoo
07-13-2013, 10:20 AM
And now he created drama where there didn't need to be, he hurt his reputation with his teammates, and showed that he can't follow simple instructions. All at a time when people already believe you're uncoachable. Not a good start.

The drama was started by ignorant fans looking for something that isn't there.

Geno is training down in Florida. Sanchez is running a cocktail party in California for nobodies:

Sanchez tweeted photos Thursday from the camp, with running back Chris Ivory, tight end Jeff Cumberland and wide receivers Stephen Hill, Jeremy Kerley, Clyde Gates, Jordan White, Ryan Spadola and Vidal Hazelton among those in attendance.

And you are bitching that Geno is missing out on team building by not going to Sanchez's SoCal summer bash? That's a bunch of guys who aren't even going to be on the freaking team.

Messier
07-13-2013, 10:20 AM
From all indications, he's been training in Florida. That's putting in real work versus hanging out with Hot Dog at a camp which probably doesn't amount to more than Sanchez chortling about the high schoolers he's recently banged.

It's not "team building" when the camp is run by a guy who everyone knows is going to get cut as soon as it's financially acceptable to do so, especially when that guy has the job you are going to take.

Going to Sanchez's camp is like going to a sales seminar run by the worst sales person in your entire company who is on administrative leave.

If Geno is thinking like you're thinking he'll never be a starting QB.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
07-13-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm going to have to start referring to him as Geno Smith so the "I" is in there. Sanchez can stay Sanchez with the "e" for embicile.

chiefzilla1501
07-13-2013, 10:25 AM

Geno is training down in Florida. Sanchez is running a cocktail party in California for nobodies:

And you are bitching that Geno is missing out on team building by not going to Sanchez's SoCal summer bash? That's a bunch of guys who aren't even going to be on the freaking team.

Say "no comment" or have a prepared response. Especially if that's what the team is instructing you to do
Don't throw your teammate under the bus and lie about not being invited
Don't act like you're not attending because you're above it all

These wouldn't be big issues if he didn't build a reputation for being uncoachable. His agent and his coach should be disgusted with him. Sadly, neither are going to do anything about it and his attitude will continue to be a problem.

Saccopoo
07-13-2013, 10:26 AM
If Geno is thinking like you're thinking he'll never be a starting QB.

Okay Vince Lombardi Jr.

So why isn't Mangold or Ferguson or any of the veterans at Sanchez's "camp?"

Are they pieces of shit just like you are trying to make Geno out to be because they aren't attending this all important team building camp that isn't team sanctioned and only a bunch of slap dicks showed up for?

Messier
07-13-2013, 10:29 AM

The starting RB, WR, and TE are going.

Mr. Laz
07-13-2013, 10:50 AM

Regardless of Sanchez' actions on/off the field, as has been pointed out, the rest of the team is there. You would of thought he would have learned after all the negative views of his skipping the senior bowl. I'm surprised his agent didn't advise him to attend.
his current agent or the agent he fired when he didn't get drafted in the 1st round?

Rausch
07-13-2013, 10:51 AM
Geno has done everything to look like a $3it 2nd round pick.

And FTR I did pimp him as 1.1...

Mr. Laz
07-13-2013, 10:54 AM

dumb post is dumb

-King-
07-13-2013, 11:18 AM

Most of those guys will be on the team. Some of them starting.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo
07-13-2013, 11:18 AM
dumb post is dumb

Really?

So, you think that a rookie QB not attending a non-sanctioned weekend get together in SoCal run by the worst quarterback in the league, a guy whose job you are supposed to take, is a mistake?

K.

Brock
07-13-2013, 11:27 AM
This is almost as bad as if he were photographed wearing a hat of some competing franchise 1000 miles away. /dumb fans

Messier
07-13-2013, 11:29 AM
Really?

So, you think that a rookie QB not attending a non-sanctioned weekend get together in SoCal run by the worst quarterback in the league, a guy whose job you are supposed to take, is a mistake?

K.

What does how good or bad Sanchez is have to do with it? If he was the 14th best QB should Smith go? Sure you don't have to go and its not NFL sanctioned, but it seems like some extra time to get to know teammates, many starting skill players, you hope will have your back later. I see much more good than bad about going to this.

Mr. Laz
07-13-2013, 11:29 AM
Really?

K.
yes, i do.

It's not about whether he can learn more at the camp vs alone. It's about being the bigger man and building team chemistry.

not going sets up a public Sanchez vs Smith which he shouldn't do
not going means that he gets less time with team mates
not going makes him look petty and plays into the "attitude" rumors from college

only reason not to go is because he can't get over the butthurt of the draft and not being 'the' guy from the beginning.

He should go and do his best to be a professional and team player.

Hell ... if he throws and performs well at this camp it would spread positive rumors throughout the players before he takes a single snap at TC.

Rausch
07-13-2013, 11:33 AM
This is almost as bad as if he were photographed wearing a hat of some competing franchise 1000 miles away. /dumb fans

This isn't like you working for Coke and drinking a Pepsi.

They're looking for reasons to tear this guy down in a town that never sleeps and always finds it's lb of flesh...

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-13-2013, 11:41 AM
Damn, look at Sacc. pwning some motherfuckers today.

DaneMcCloud
07-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Shocker.

Why in the hell would Geno attend a camp run by Sanchez, who, by all accounts and measurables, is one of, if not the worst quarterback in the entire NFL?

Pants Down Hot Dog can't get out of Jersey fast enough for the team ownership and management. They are most assuredly praying that Geno Smith gets it and gets it super duper fast.

Dumb

DaneMcCloud
07-13-2013, 11:44 AM

Dumber

DaneMcCloud
07-13-2013, 11:47 AM

Tebow went last year.

This is about CHARACTER. You go and hang out with teammates, bond and practice a little. Sanchez knows his job is on the line yet Smith was welcome to join in. Just like the Senior Bowl, he opted out.

The kid just keeps making bad decision after bad decision.

Brock
07-13-2013, 11:47 AM
This isn't like you working for Coke and drinking a Pepsi.

They're looking for reasons to tear this guy down in a town that never sleeps and always finds it's lb of flesh...

They've already torn down Sanchez, because of the results of his play. The only thing that matters is results.

Rausch
07-13-2013, 11:50 AM
They've already torn down Sanchez, because of the results of his play. The only thing that matters is results.

So show up day 1, throw the football, and work with your WR's...

Iowanian
07-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Geno Leaf is likely to splatter like he's falling from the south end of a north bound cow.

Brock
07-13-2013, 11:53 AM
So show up day 1, throw the football, and work with your WR's...

Pretty sure he will.

houstonwhodat
07-13-2013, 11:58 AM
The NY media is gonna tear Geno Smith apart first chance they get.

BlackHelicopters
07-13-2013, 02:01 PM
We ALL want to learn from Mark Sanchez.

chiefzilla1501
07-13-2013, 02:07 PM

Then don't feed the sharks.

The team told him to say "no comment." And Geno managed to spin that into a backhanded slap at his teammate.

BlackHelicopters
07-13-2013, 02:48 PM
Can Geno play RT?

Hammock Parties
07-13-2013, 02:51 PM
And when Geno is picking the flies off goat's asses with his fastball at the end of this season, no one will care.

BigMeatballDave
07-13-2013, 02:56 PM
And when Geno is picking the flies off goat's asses with his fastball at the end of this season, no one will care.

LMAO okay

I liked Geno. I admit now, I am wrong about him. This kid is headed the way of Ryan Leaf.

Save this post. Geno Smith: Abject Failure.

Hammock Parties
07-13-2013, 02:59 PM
You admit now based on nothing but draft position.

That's flimsy.

I don't know how good he's going to be but he's going to be a solid NFL starter for awhile IMO.

O.city
07-13-2013, 03:05 PM
LMAO okay

I liked Geno. I admit now, I am wrong about him. This kid is headed the way of Ryan Leaf.

Save this post. Geno Smith: Abject Failure.

You cry about people condemning Alex Smith before a game is even played, yet here you are.

Seems a little hypocritical.

BigMeatballDave
07-13-2013, 03:07 PM
You admit now based on nothing but draft position.

That's flimsy.

I don't know how good he's going to be but he's going to be a solid NFL starter for awhile IMO.

Not at all.

I'm basing this on all of his HORRIBLE decisions.

O.city
07-13-2013, 03:10 PM
I don't think he will, but if Smith ends up winning the job and takes them to a wildcard berth and wins rookie of the year, will all these horrible decisions matter?

chiefzilla1501
07-13-2013, 03:13 PM
I don't think he will, but if Smith ends up winning the job and takes them to a wildcard berth and wins rookie of the year, will all these horrible decisions matter?

Like the way Sanchez did? The problem with Smith, like Sanchez, isn't ability. It's attitude. And last thing you want is for Smith to continue his rotten attitude, but get away with it if he starts to do well. That's enablement. It's the same thing that let Sanchez get away with not caring about the game as much as he should have, and both New York and Rex Ryan let him get away with it.

BigMeatballDave
07-13-2013, 03:14 PM
You cry about people condemning Alex Smith before a game is even played, yet here you are.

I just bitch about people bitching.

Kinda like you're doing now. :)

Messier
07-13-2013, 03:55 PM
Damn, look at Sacc. pwning some mother****ers today.

Uh-what? I don't see that at all. Are you looking at this with your, Geno is worth the first overall pick, glasses?

O.city
07-13-2013, 03:58 PM
I just bitch about people bitching.

Kinda like you're doing now. :)

Not bitching, just pointing out your hypocrisy

SAUTO
07-13-2013, 04:11 PM

Actually there is a large sample size irt Alex Smith.

None with Geno. But he's going to suck.

Alex Smith might be great here though.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
07-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Not bitching, just pointing out your hypocrisy

Do not care.

Geno is not a Chief.

It's completely ridiculous to me that anyone, that is a Chiefs fan, gives a flying fuck how Geno's career turns out now.

O.city
07-13-2013, 04:23 PM
Do not care.

Geno is not a Chief.

It's completely ridiculous to me that anyone, that is a Chiefs fan, gives a flying **** how Geno's career turns out now.

You don't care so much that you've posted in this thread how many times?

It doesn't matter though like you said, he's not a chief so whatever happens to him now doesn't really concern

BigMeatballDave
07-13-2013, 04:26 PM
You don't care so much that you've posted in this thread how many times?

Irrelevant

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-13-2013, 05:41 PM
We ALL want to learn from Mark Sanchez.

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-13-2013, 05:44 PM
Like the way Sanchez did? The problem with Smith, like Sanchez, isn't ability. It's attitude. And last thing you want is for Smith to continue his rotten attitude, but get away with it if he starts to do well. That's enablement. It's the same thing that let Sanchez get away with not caring about the game as much as he should have, and both New York and Rex Ryan let him get away with it.

Yes, Geno the confirmed student, film-junkie, and workaholic of the game has the exact same attitude and outlook of Marky Baywatch Snatchez.

This thread is going to seriously bite some asses down the road.

Brock
07-13-2013, 05:48 PM
We'll probably have to add this to the list of laughable zilla takes, alongside gems like "pioli had a great scouting department" and "herm was a great coach for kc".

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-13-2013, 05:51 PM
We'll probably have to add this to the list of laughable zilla takes, alongside gems like "pioli had a great scouting department" and "herm was a great coach for kc".

There should be a compilation CD/MP3 put together one day; "Greatest Hits of Chiefs Planet".

Just imagine it:

True Fan FAIL takes set to various lop-dick recordings of our age. I sense some Matchbox 20 in this mix!

OrtonsPiercedTaint
07-13-2013, 05:53 PM
Multiple media reports said Smith was not in attendance at Jets West on Thursday, the first official practice in Southern California

this seems to go unaddressed.

chiefzilla1501
07-13-2013, 06:06 PM

I've been wrong about some things, and right about others. Just like everything else. But glad you used exaggeration on those two things to prove your point.

Geno plummeted in the draft. And it is pretty much a well known fact it's because of attitude problems. I'm not the one making excuses for him when his attitude shows up again. I personally think he could have done okay with a disciplinary coach. He needs an attitude adjustment and so far, he's not getting one.

chiefzilla1501
07-13-2013, 06:07 PM
Yes, Geno the confirmed student, film-junkie, and workaholic of the game has the exact same attitude and outlook of Marky Baywatch Snatchez.

This thread is going to seriously bite some asses down the road.

I didn't say Sanchez is a better option or a good option. In fact, I've said main reason he's failed is because he won't put the work in.

Geno will put the work in, but seems stubborn to fix his attitude of being above it all. Maybe he changes it. But for now, it's an achilles heel that people are making excuses for.

OnTheWarpath15
07-13-2013, 06:09 PM
So the same people who think Sanchez is a shit sandwich think Geno Smith is making a mistake by not going to a Mark Sanchez-led training session?

This place never fails to disappoint.

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-13-2013, 06:12 PM
So the same people who think Sanchez is a shit sandwich think Geno Smith is making a mistake by not going to a Mark Sanchez-led training session?

LMAO

But, but, it's chance to do the safety dance naked with Marky! TEAM CHEMISTRY!LMAO

Messier
07-13-2013, 06:26 PM
I really don't care about this topic, but acting like it wasn't a mistake is silly. You ask what Geno stands to gain by going? Right now the headline, Geno Smith skips team camp, is on every NFL site. What's good about that?

chiefzilla1501
07-13-2013, 06:28 PM

LMAO

The bigger problem with not going is the way he handled it in the media. If the Jets told him to keep his mouth shut, then keep your mouth shut and don't lie about your teammate to throw a dig in.

OnTheWarpath15
07-13-2013, 06:30 PM
The bigger problem with not going is the way he handled it in the media. If the Jets told him to keep his mouth shut, then keep your mouth shut and don't lie about your teammate to throw a dig in.

If.

There's a lot of ifs here.

But people are acting as if they know.

No one here even knows if he was actually invited. They are just making assumptions to fit their argument.

chiefzilla1501
07-13-2013, 06:33 PM
If.

No one here even knows if he was actually invited. They are just making assumptions to fit their argument.

Geno is the one who said he was told to say "no comment." And then he followed it up with a comment.

EDIT: Oh, and I believe it's well understood that everyone was invited.

Marcellus
07-13-2013, 06:43 PM
I always find it a good sign when teammates decide they dont want to be around each other in the off-season workouts.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-13-2013, 08:01 PM
I'm sure Marky Baywatch has soooooo much to teach

BigMeatballDave
07-14-2013, 07:14 AM
If.

No one here even knows if he was actually invited. They are just making assumptions to fit their argument.LMAO We All do this. Fact.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-14-2013, 07:17 AM
LMAO We All do this. Fact.

Yep. I am not sure why he thinks he is any different.

BigMeatballDave
07-14-2013, 07:17 AM

LMAOWhy is that funny? He's a rookie. He should go to get to know these guys better.

And yes, the last 2 years Sanchez has been hot garbage.

Messier
07-14-2013, 07:20 AM
If.

Sanchez said he invited him, but I guess he could be lying to make him look bad.

Mr. Laz
07-15-2013, 11:03 AM
Jets reportedly mulling Geno Smith as change-of-pace QB
Jul
7/15/2013 11:55:58 AM

The Jets coaches are toying with the idea of turning rookie quarterback Geno Smith into what Tebow was supposed to be last season -- a change-of-pace quarterback, Rich Cimini of ESPN New York reports.

Smith would have a package of plays, mainly read-option runs that could exploit his speed.

Cimini writed that Smith has a lot to prove after a lackluster performance in the OTAs and minicamp.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-15-2013, 11:54 AM
He'll be starting before the year is out.

DaneMcCloud
07-15-2013, 12:14 PM
He'll be starting before the year is out.

You must have missed this part:

Cimini wrote that Smith has a lot to prove after a lackluster performance in the OTAs and minicamp.

Good thing he's skipping the opportunity to bond with his teammates in Cali.

Setsuna
07-15-2013, 12:19 PM
LMAO my gosh. CP has gone full Setsuna. Geno declined a voluntary invitation to WORK ON HIS GAME, not to go on vacation. If it was the latter, you'd have a story. I mean come on people. Take the antidote for the poison you took, waiting for Geno to die from it. Bunch of bleeding vaginas this lot.

DaneMcCloud
07-15-2013, 12:21 PM
LMAO my gosh. CP has gone full Setsuna. Geno declined an involuntary invitation to WORK ON HIS GAME, not to go on vacation. If it was the latter, you'd have a story. I mean come on people. Take the antidote for the poison you took, waiting for Geno to die from it. Bunch of bleeding vaginas this lot.

You are a dumbfuck. You're a college kid. You have no idea what Team Building and getaways such as this can do for bonding, creating new relationships and strengthening old relations.

If Geno Smith wanted to prove that he's a leader of men and the future leader of the Jets, he'd be in SoCal right now.

Instead, just like every other major decision he's faced since graduating, he's failed.

Setsuna
07-15-2013, 12:29 PM

You are a dumb****. You're a college kid. You have no idea what Team Building and getaways such as this can do for bonding, creating new relationships and strengthening old relations.

If Geno Smith wanted to prove that he's a leader of men and the future leader of the Jets, he'd be in SoCal right now.

Instead, just like every other major decision he's faced since graduating, he's failed.
WTF are you spouting? So you're saying the Chiefs never get their bonding time before every NFL season because they don't have a Jets West or whatever type thing going on? So you're saying every football team that doesn't have an involuntary TC led by a teammate doesn't get that "valuable" time? You can't seriously sit here and expect me to believe this drivel.

By your logic, every rookie last year lost that oh so "valuable" bonding time by just going to the OTA's and mandatory TC. Well damn. Alert Luck, RGIII, and Wilson that they were unprepared going into their seasons because they didn't "bond" enough. Negro please.

DaneMcCloud
07-15-2013, 12:34 PM
WTF are you spouting? So you're saying the Chiefs never get their bonding time before every NFL season because they don't have a Jets West or whatever type thing going on? So you're saying every football team that doesn't have an involuntary TC led by a teammate doesn't get that "valuable" time? You can't seriously sit here and expect me to believe this drivel.

By your logic, every rookie last year lost that oh so "valuable" bonding time by just going to the OTA's and mandatory TC. Well damn. Alert Luck, RGIII, and Wilson that they were unprepared going into their seasons because they didn't "bond" enough. Negro please.

Hey Dillhole, we're talking about the Jets, not any other team in the NFL.

Setsuna
07-15-2013, 12:36 PM

Hey Dillhole, we're talking about the Jets, not any other team in the NFL.

LMAOLMAOLMAO You deflect with the best of em. Props.

DaneMcCloud
07-15-2013, 12:38 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAO You deflect with the best of em. Props.

Deflect? What the fuck are you talking about? The subject is Geno Smith skipping the Jets West workouts. It's not "Well, why isn't every team doing this?".

Good God, you're a moron. When people tell you you're stupid all of the time, I kind of feel sorry for you, but JFC, they have a point.

Setsuna
07-15-2013, 12:47 PM
DANE your justification was that he was missing out on valuable bonding time was it not? I can quote it if you forgot what you wrote already. I debunked your argument because countless rookies in the past and most certainly in the future most certainly do not have to attend involuntary workouts in order to achieve the same amount of bonding that you believe he is missing out on. And also he didn't skip anything. Skipping denotes something involuntary. This however is voluntary. I actually think I made a mistake with those two concepts in my other post. I'll edit that now. You're trying to deflect the truth of my statements countering yours. What else is it Dane?

DaneMcCloud
07-15-2013, 12:51 PM
DANE your justification was that he was missing out on valuable bonding time was it not? I can quote it if you forgot what you wrote already. I debunked your argument because countless rookies in the past and most certainly in the future most certainly do not have to attend involuntary workouts in order to achieve the same amount of bonding that you believe he is missing out on. And also he didn't skip anything. Skipping denotes something involuntary. This however is voluntary. I actually think I made a mistake with those two concepts in my other post. I'll edit that now. You're trying to deflect the truth of my statements countering yours. What else is it Dane?

You're a fucking idiot. Seriously. IDIOT.

It's asinine for a QB who has his eye on the starting job to miss ANY opportunity available to bond and work with his teammates. PERIOD.

Geno Smith isn't RGIII or Andrew Luck or Cam Newton. He's a second rounder QB with serious warts. By all accounts, was very lackluster throughout OTA's and Minicamps.

Instead of "working on his own", which to this point, hasn't done DICK for him (see the Senior Bowl, firing his agents, etc.), he should be in SoCal BONDING with his receivers, lineman, tight ends, etc.

JFC, are you so dumb that you don't understand that?

Setsuna
07-15-2013, 12:58 PM
You're a ****ing idiot. Seriously. IDIOT.

It's asinine for a QB who has his eye on the starting job to miss ANY opportunity available to bond and work with his teammates. PERIOD.

Geno Smith isn't RGIII or Andrew Luck or Cam Newton. He's a second rounder QB with serious warts. By all accounts, was very lackluster throughout OTA's and Minicamps.

Instead of "working on his own", which to this point, hasn't done DICK for him (see the Senior Bowl, firing his agents, etc.), he should be in SoCal BONDING with his receivers, lineman, tight ends, etc.

JFC, are you so dumb that you don't understand that?
If he doesn't want to, he doesn't have to. My point is, not going doesn't hinder his progress regardless if going would benefit him or not.

DaneMcCloud
07-15-2013, 01:12 PM
If he doesn't want to, he doesn't have to. My point is, not going doesn't hinder his progress regardless if going would benefit him or not.

Of COURSE it's optional. But why is it that Mark Brunnel, Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy, along with all of the other offensive players chose to attend over the years?

Furthermore, I don't think you're in any position to state that not attending wouldn't hinder his progress.

I mean, really? He's going to get better by NOT working out with his teammates?

Hammock Parties
07-15-2013, 01:15 PM
This is pretty irrelevant in the long haul.

This stupid camp isn't making or breaking Geno's career.

Setsuna
07-15-2013, 01:28 PM

Of COURSE it's optional. But why is it that Mark Brunnel, Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy, along with all of the other offensive players chose to attend over the years?

Furthermore, I don't think you're in any position to state that not attending wouldn't hinder his progress.

I mean, really? He's going to get better by NOT working out with his teammates?

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL I've noticed this entire time you've been consistently intentionally using those facepalm smileys to annoy me. It's become endearing tbh. Thanks friend. :grouphug:

DaneMcCloud
07-15-2013, 01:34 PM

Regardless, not attending is a pattern of his that to date, hasn't served him well.

DaneMcCloud
07-15-2013, 01:35 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL I've noticed this entire time you've been consistently intentionally using those facepalm smileys to annoy me. It's become endearing tbh. Thanks friend. :grouphug:

And you have a remarkable inability to remain on topic.

Setsuna
07-15-2013, 01:39 PM
And you have a remarkable inability to remain on topic.

No :facepalm:? I am disappoint.

MahiMike
07-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Can't wait until Rex Ryan is our defensive coordinator next year.

King_Chief_Fan
07-15-2013, 02:06 PM

agreed....he won't have a long one any way

Marcellus
07-15-2013, 02:10 PM

This is completely 100% accurate, lack of skill and discipline will be what torpedoes his career.

chiefzilla1501
07-15-2013, 02:10 PM

Right now, the big issue is that Geno's draft value dropped because of his attitude. He may have had good reasons to not go to the camp. But in one very short interview, he chose to throw his teammate under the bus by lying about a non-invite and he chose to comment on a subject that his team specifically told him not to comment on.

chiefzilla1501
07-15-2013, 02:12 PM
This is completely 100% accurate, lack of skill and discipline will be what torpedoes his career.

Geno has both those things. The problem is, he seems like a guy who doesn't want to work with others to improve. He wants to do it by himself because he might be a bit over-confident in his abilities.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-15-2013, 02:57 PM

LMAO

OrtonsPiercedTaint
07-15-2013, 04:57 PM
Genoshow Smith

-King-
07-16-2013, 01:16 PM
Geno Smith says “Me and Mark are cool”
Posted by Darin Gantt on July 16, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT

Geno Smith decided against coming out to the coast, getting together and having a few laughs with Mark Sanchez.

But the Jets rookie quarterback said his staying in Florida to work out was not a sign there was a problem with their relationship

“Me and Mark are cool. No hard feelings or anything,” Smith said in an interview with OCNN, via the New York Daily News. “He’s up there getting work with the guys, I’m down here getting work.”

Sanchez was the only quarterback to show up at his Jets West camp, and Smith accurately diagnosed the nature of the attention it received.

“I think it’s just something to talk about. Right now it’s a dead period, so any type of hype, anything that they can get their hands on, some type of controversy,” Smith said. “The media, they’re just doing their job. They got to create a hot story, they gotta keep the fans interested.”

Whether anyone remains interested in Smith will have far more to do with how he performs in training camp, at which point his decision to skip a weekend with his teammates will become less significant than it already is.

BossChief
07-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Kinda disappointing, really.

If I'm him, I'd be itching to take advantage of every opportunity I can to EARN that starters job. That job is earned through your teammates just as much as the coaching staff and Geno is creating a history of ducking these opportunities to compete.

Passepartout
07-16-2013, 04:52 PM
Geno needs to earn the job. Not just have it given to him. As Mark is doing that as say what you will about Sanchez!

Brock
07-16-2013, 05:00 PM
Pfft. All he has to do is outperform Sanchez, possibly the worst QB in the league at this point.

DaneMcCloud
07-16-2013, 05:07 PM
Pfft. All he has to do is outperform Sanchez, possibly the worst QB in the league at this point.

And according to all reports, he's been unable to do that to date.

Brock
07-16-2013, 05:09 PM
And according to all reports, he's been unable to do that to date.

That's significant in July.

DaneMcCloud
07-16-2013, 05:17 PM
That's significant in July.

When he's lackluster in OTA and Mini camps, yes, it's significant.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-16-2013, 05:26 PM
God I can't wait until this thread returns like a long-lost armada to DESTROY some dumbasses.

BigMeatballDave
07-16-2013, 05:30 PM
God I can't wait until this thread returns like a long-lost armada to DESTROY some dumbasses.

If Geno busts, you'll run off like the little bitch that you are.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-16-2013, 05:33 PM

Your mother's a bitch, Lil' Chiefy; go put some fresh kibble in her bowl.

If he busts, I'll admit it. YOU on the other hand, will make excuse after pathetic excuse for Alice Smyth as she shits away a perfectly good team for the next two to three years.

BigMeatballDave
07-16-2013, 05:36 PM
Your mother's a bitch, Lil' Chiefy; go put some fresh kibble in her bowl.

If he busts, I'll admit it. YOU on the other hand, will make excuse after pathetic excuse for Alice Smyth as she shits away a perfectly good team for the next two to three years.

Leave family out of this you useless, pathetic, child fucker.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-16-2013, 05:39 PM
Leave family out of this you useless, pathetic, child fucker.

Don't start shit, won't BE shit, motherfucker.

BigMeatballDave
07-16-2013, 05:41 PM
Don't start shit, won't BE shit, motherfucker.

How is prison, anyway?

DaneMcCloud
07-16-2013, 05:50 PM

ROFL

No, he won't. He hasn't even admitted he was wrong about his "evaluation" of Smith, believing him worthy of a first rounder and 1.1, overall.

Why would he run off because Smith busts?

Mr_Tomahawk
07-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Geno is a Diva.

/thread

OrtonsPiercedTaint
07-16-2013, 06:13 PM
I think he will crash his car into a bridge and push Sanchez's locker down the stairs.

el borracho
07-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Wow, some of you ladies must be really bored.

Alex Smith 4Ever
07-16-2013, 08:08 PM
Remember all the posters who wanted the Chiefs to draft Geno #1 overall?

I'm guessing they don't post anymore

Dave Lane
07-16-2013, 08:16 PM

You are a dumbfuck. You're a college kid. You have no idea what Team Building and getaways such as this can do for bonding, creating new relationships and strengthening old relations.

I totally agree and I was a huge Geno supporter.

Dave Lane
07-16-2013, 08:17 PM

I'd still rather have signed Brandon and drafted Geno over our hot shit sandwich OT.

Setsuna
07-16-2013, 08:18 PM
I'd still rather have signed Brandon and drafted Geno over our hot shit sandwich OT.

Me too! I still believe Geno will be as good as advertised.

Sorter
07-16-2013, 08:22 PM

Totally

Messier
07-16-2013, 08:22 PM
Would you trade the Chiefs QB situation for the Jets?

Cannibal
07-16-2013, 08:25 PM

No.

aturnis
07-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Geno Smith says “Me and Mark are cool”
Posted by Darin Gantt on July 16, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT

Geno Smith decided against coming out to the coast, getting together and having a few laughs with Mark Sanchez.

But the Jets rookie quarterback said his staying in Florida to work out was not a sign there was a problem with their relationship

“Me and Mark are cool. No hard feelings or anything,” Smith said in an interview with OCNN, via the New York Daily News. “He’s up there getting work with the guys, I’m down here getting work.”

Sanchez was the only quarterback to show up at his Jets West camp, and Smith accurately diagnosed the nature of the attention it received.

“I think it’s just something to talk about. Right now it’s a dead period, so any type of hype, anything that they can get their hands on, some type of controversy,” Smith said. “The media, they’re just doing their job. They got to create a hot story, they gotta keep the fans interested.”

Whether anyone remains interested in Smith will have far more to do with how he performs in training camp, at which point his decision to skip a weekend with his teammates will become less significant than it already is.

Imagine how much better not going to Jets West is for Geno. Not splitting reps with Sanchez, not letting his teammates see him as the perceived 2nd QB. Should be a good situation for Geno. Getting 1/3(if that), of the reps at Jets West would probably do him little good.

salame
07-16-2013, 09:25 PM
http://thehotroute.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/pat-white-redskins.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-16-2013, 09:47 PM
ROFL

No, he won't. He hasn't even admitted he was wrong about his "evaluation" of Smith, believing him worthy of a first rounder and 1.1, overall.

Why would he run off because Smith busts?

I believe he was worthy, the Dorseid did not. I guess we'll just have to wait and see who made the better call, now won't we?

DaneMcCloud
07-16-2013, 09:53 PM
I believe he was worthy, the Dorseid did not. I guess we'll just have to wait and see who made the better call, now won't we?

I was actually giving you a compliment.

I don't think you're going anywhere, regardless of whether or not your predictions continue to be sour.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-16-2013, 09:55 PM
I was actually giving you a compliment.

I don't think you're going anywhere, regardless of whether or not your predictions continue to be sour.

That's true. CP gives me the opportunity to be a completely hateful bastard until the Chiefs actually do something in life.

Thank you, CP.

O.city
07-16-2013, 09:59 PM
I like Geno's skillset, not so much his mental game, but it's really not arguable that he's in probably the worst type of situation for his development and mental state.

Rex Ryan can't handle a rookie QB. I actually don't think he's really suited to be a head coach in the NFL anymore.

I think Geno's skillset would have been a good match with Reid's offensive philosophy, but I don't really see the guy ever being anything in the NFL in his situation. Oh well.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-16-2013, 10:00 PM
I like Geno's skillset, not so much his mental game, but it's really not arguable that he's in probably the worst type of situation for his development and mental state.

Rex Ryan can't handle a rookie QB. I actually don't think he's really suited to be a head coach in the NFL anymore.

I think Geno's skillset would have been a good match with Reid's offensive philosophy, but I don't really see the guy ever being anything in the NFL in his situation. Oh well.

Another case of D-Coord having no business at HC.

O.city
07-16-2013, 10:02 PM
I think BossChief brought it up, but if the Jets tank this year hard, Rex might be our DC next year.

Although, I like what they've done on D, they just won't be able to score.

DaneMcCloud
07-16-2013, 10:30 PM
Another case of D-Coord having no business at HC.

Yeah, those two consecutive AFC Championship games are just proof positive he isn't a head coach.

DaneMcCloud
07-16-2013, 10:31 PM
I think BossChief brought it up, but if the Jets tank this year hard, Rex might be our DC next year.

Although, I like what they've done on D, they just won't be able to score.

If Rex is fired after the 2013 season, I fully expect him to be on TV in 2014.

The networks will come after him much harder than any NFL team.

O.city
07-16-2013, 10:32 PM
He's a great great defensive mind, but I think his shtick has just gotten old in NY.

He got away from ground and pound and it didn't work out.

O.city
07-16-2013, 10:33 PM
If Rex is fired after the 2013 season, I fully expect him to be on TV in 2014.

The networks will come after him much harder than any NFL team.

It would just depend on him, I'd imagine and how much he really loves or wants to coach football.

I know I'd take him in a second here as the DC with Reid running the offensive side.

DaneMcCloud
07-16-2013, 10:35 PM
It would just depend on him, I'd imagine and how much he really loves or wants to coach football.

I know I'd take him in a second here as the DC with Reid running the offensive side.

I'm sure he'd have his pick of just about any DC job in the NFL. But I think he'll try TV first because he's got a huge personality that's perfect for either the broadcast booth or a pre-game show.

O.city
07-16-2013, 10:41 PM
Although, if he gets canned as a HC, I doubt he wants to jump right back into a DC spot.

Sorter
07-16-2013, 11:07 PM
Although, if he gets canned as a HC, I doubt he wants to jump right back into a DC spot.

As opposed to what? Waiting out for a HC job, working as a position coach or doing tv?

O.city
07-16-2013, 11:11 PM
As opposed to what? Waiting out for a HC job, working as a position coach or doing tv?

Doing tv for a year. He could jump right back into a HC spot s

Sorter
07-16-2013, 11:13 PM
Doing tv for a year. He could jump right back into a HC spot s

That's plausible.

O.city
07-16-2013, 11:14 PM
Although I think he's a better dc than HC , and I think h and Andy Reid could be a good match.

Sorter
07-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Although I think he's a better dc than HC , and I think h and Andy Reid could be a good match.

Agreed. He's definitely creative when it comes to front philosophies

O.city
07-16-2013, 11:20 PM
I think coples and our guy Sheldon could have big years there in his defense.

But yeah, maybe he could be Reid's new Jim johnson

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-16-2013, 11:30 PM
Yeah, those two consecutive AFC Championship games are just proof positive he isn't a head coach.

Well, just "give him THIS player and THAT player and"....

DaneMcCloud
07-16-2013, 11:31 PM
Well, just "give him THIS player and THAT player and"....

?

BossChief
07-16-2013, 11:40 PM
I said the same thing in 2009 about Wade Phillips if the Cowboys fired him. He ended up winning a playoff game and stayed in Dallas another year as HC before going to Houston to be their DC.

I think Rex is every bit as good as a dc as Wade was and would be an absolute perfect fit for our talent...hopefully Sutton learned enough working under him to offer us some impact on defense.

Quesadilla Joe
07-17-2013, 12:44 AM
What is Justin Houston doing working out with Sanchez, DT, and Andre Caldwell?

<iframe width="644" height="422" src="http://www.whosay.com/p/378617" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Setsuna
07-17-2013, 01:34 AM

<iframe width="644" height="422" src="http://www.whosay.com/p/378617" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Trying to get that Dane certified team building going on.

ThaVirus
07-17-2013, 01:39 AM

Getting ready to hunt Peyton down and terminate him.

Dave Lane
07-17-2013, 08:00 AM

Absolutely. Sanchez >= Smith and Geno > Bray

loochy
07-17-2013, 08:20 AM

No way. Alx Smif is teh best korter bak. Chase Daniel could be a starter anywhere else. So could Stanzi. the future is soo bright with Bray.

Rasputin
07-17-2013, 08:40 AM

Derrick Thomas is dead bet welcher!

I think anytime someone uses DT it should automatic word filter to Derrick Thomas.

Messier
07-17-2013, 08:46 AM
No way. Alx Smif is teh best korter bak. Chase Daniel could be a starter anywhere else. So could Stanzi. the future is soo bright with Bray.

Are you having a stroke?

loochy
07-17-2013, 08:50 AM
Are you having a stroke?

the only stroke going on here involves our stud QB alex

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-17-2013, 09:18 AM
the only stroke going on here involves our stud QB alex

This. Stroking to an ugly chick.

Messier
07-17-2013, 09:27 AM
That's just awful.

Sandy Vagina
07-17-2013, 09:33 AM
Sounds like Geno didn't have the balls to step into an uncomfortable situation and show them what he has. Oh well. This won't be overlooked by the players and coaches.

Mr. Laz
07-17-2013, 10:02 AM
Sounds like Geno didn't have the balls to step into an uncomfortable situation and show them what he has. Oh well. This won't be overlooked by the players and coaches.
yep

This is not about getting along with Sanchez. It's not about where he can 'get the most work'. It's about showing his teammates that he is a professional and will put the team before his himself.

In college there were rumors of immaturity and pouting ... seems like those rumors are true.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-17-2013, 11:20 AM

Sweet God you are a moron. I'm surprised you can even type, what with one finger up Alex's ass and the other around his shaft.

nom nom nom...

Lex Luthor
07-17-2013, 11:25 AM
Absolutely. Sanchez >= Smith and Geno > Bray

LOL at the butthurt over the Chiefs signing of Alex Smith.

I get it: a lot of you guys don't like Alex Smith. But to say Sanchez >= Smith is just fucking stupid. It makes me wonder if you have ever even watched an NFL game or if you just like following the crowd on Chiefsplanet.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Between that whole scenario, my ideal situation goes like this:

Alex Smith starts for one to two years(VERY short fucking leash on ANY 2nd year possibilities), and Geno and Bray battle it out for the #2 which will very SHORTLY become the number one starting position.

That situation would shut me the fuck up. NOTHING ELSE would suffice.

Sandy Vagina
07-17-2013, 11:31 AM
Sweet God you are a moron. I'm surprised you can even type, what with one finger up Alex's ass and the other around his shaft.

nom nom nom...

boring as usual... more gay talk, eh? Guess the gayness is all in your own homo-latent mind. You continue to talk about men sticking fingers up other men's asses.. shafts.. etc.

You are aware of what others must think of your own desires then, yes? The reason boys like you hate like this? is because you are angry over your own sexuality. Once you accept what you are, you will realize that 1)no one worthwhile really cares or will condemn you.. and 2)your hate will dissipate and will morph into self-acceptance.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-17-2013, 11:39 AM
boring as usual... more gay talk, eh? Guess the gayness is all in your own homo-latent mind. You continue to talk about men sticking fingers up other men's asses.. shafts.. etc.

You are aware of what others must think of your own desires then, yes? The reason boys like you hate like this? is because you are angry over your own sexuality. Once you accept what you are, you will realize that 1)no one worthwhile really cares or will condemn you.. and 2)your hate will dissipate and will morph into self-acceptance.

Shove a box of Rice-a-Roni up your sagging vagina lips, please.

Setsuna
07-17-2013, 11:59 AM

You need to be aware of everyone's desire to see you leave this forum for good.

Sandy Vagina
07-17-2013, 12:14 PM

I'm aware that there are at least a dozen of you that feel this way. Can't pretend that this bothers me in the slightest. If it makes you feel better, I probably won't be on here much or at all when football arrives. To me, CP is simply a rest-stop... mainly because it's active. Once other sites become more active, then perhaps you will get your wish. It will simply depend on the proportion of pussy quitters vs reasonable and faithful fans.http://yoursmiles.org/csmile/goodbye/c0205.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-17-2013, 12:15 PM

This.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-17-2013, 12:18 PM
I'm aware that there are at least a dozen of you that feel this way. Can't pretend that this bothers me in the slightest. If it makes you feel better, I probably won't be on here much or at all when football arrives. To me, CP is simply a rest-stop... mainly because it's active. Once other sites become more active, then perhaps you will get your wish. It will simply depend on the proportion of pussy quitters vs reasonable and faithful fans.http://yoursmiles.org/csmile/goodbye/c0205.gif

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=115

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/forum.php?

http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forum/index.php?act=idx

http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/

Setsuna
07-17-2013, 12:22 PM
No I didn't say at least anything. I said ALL and I meant it.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=115

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/forum.php?

http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forum/index.php?act=idx

http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/
:clap::clap::clap: There you go. Bye-bye now. Yall never come back now ya hear!

Sandy Vagina
07-17-2013, 12:40 PM
:D .. Still here! Too bad for you.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-17-2013, 12:53 PM

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-17-2013, 12:54 PM
:D .. Still here! Too bad for you.

http://www.cyclelicio.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/oil-jed-clampett.jpg

loochy
07-17-2013, 01:13 PM

says the jags fan