PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Finally upgraded to a new gas grill

07-21-2013, 06:44 PM
http://www.charbroil.com/grills/gas-grills/gourmet-tru-infrared-series/char-broil-gourmet-t-22d.html

The steaks came out great for a change.:thumb:

Nice to have a grill that makes me feel like I can cook again.

In58men
07-21-2013, 06:52 PM
Enjoy your flare ups.

Ceej
07-21-2013, 06:53 PM
When are you cooking me dinner?

Bugeater
07-21-2013, 06:58 PM
I think it's been a year since I last used my gas grill. I'm not even sure if it still works.

Predarat
07-21-2013, 07:01 PM
http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/37/3710/K3YAF00Z/posters/conrad-knutsen-enjoy-the-show.jpg

07-21-2013, 07:02 PM
Enjoy your flare ups.

Not on this puppy.

DeezNutz
07-21-2013, 07:10 PM
Enjoy, dude.

Any grill can have flame ups, so don't let that bother you. I prefer gas to charcoal because of immediacy of heat and convenience, and I don't think you sacrifice shit in terms of flavor.

When it comes to grilling a high-quality steak, temp. is the single most important factor. If you cannot seal in the juices, your steak sucks fucking shit. Period.

07-21-2013, 07:15 PM
Enjoy, dude.

Any grill can have flame ups, so don't let that bother you. I prefer gas to charcoal because of immediacy of heat and convenience, and I don't think you sacrifice shit in terms of flavor.

When it comes to grilling a high-quality steak, temp. is the single most important factor. If you cannot seal in the juices, your steak sucks ****ing shit. Period.

Yep, I made steaks the first thing I grilled on this and they came out perfect. Just the right amount of pink. I could never accomplish that with charcoal because it would take so long to do anything on charcoal.

Consistent1
07-21-2013, 07:22 PM
Gas grills suck. Sorry for the opinion. The fun of grilling and smoking stuff is that it takes some effort to do it. I can make a mean steak on a Foreman grill in reality.

DeezNutz
07-21-2013, 07:25 PM
Gas grills suck. Sorry for the opinion. The fun of grilling and smoking stuff is that it takes some effort to do it. I can make a mean steak on a Foreman grill in reality.

Yeah, no you can't because it can't get hot enough. The fun of grilling is that it produces good food.

Grilling and smoking are two totally different things. You want to grill? Get a high-quality gas grill. You want to smoke, get a high-quality smoker.

In58men
07-21-2013, 07:37 PM
Yeah, no you can't because it can't get hot enough. The fun of grilling is that it produces good food.

Grilling and smoking are two totally different things. You want to grill? Get a high-quality gas grill. You want to smoke, get a high-quality smoker.

You can actually throw wood logs into a weber grill and use it as a smoker. If you have a gas grill you have to some bullshit pan with "wood chips". That's not smoking IMO. I'm a charcoal man for life.

DeezNutz
07-21-2013, 07:39 PM
You can actually throw wood logs into a weber grill and use it as a smoker. If you have a gas grill you have to some bullshit pan with "wood chips". That's not smoking IMO. I'm a charcoal man for life.

There's truth about conversion to a certain extent, but I'd prefer to purchase a Weber Smokey Mountain and keep my Spirit.

07-21-2013, 08:25 PM

No, the fun of grilling is making good food. Doesn't matter how you get there as long as it tastes good and my gas grilling is tons better than my charcoal grilling.

I'm curious at your statement though. You talk about putting effort into your cooking then you mention the Foreman grill? Seriously?:doh!:

Great Expectations
07-21-2013, 08:31 PM
Why not just get a big green egg?

It gets much hotter than the gas grill in the op in just a few minutes and smokes better than the Weber bullet.

You also don't ever have to replace it

07-21-2013, 08:41 PM

It gets much hotter than the gas grill in the op in just a few minutes and smokes better than the Weber bullet.

I bought a Weber because "you can't do it wrong on a Weber" yet I still did. No, I'm done with charcoal.

TribalElder
07-21-2013, 08:45 PM
I have the side grates to hold the charcoal to each side and smoke in the middle. Love my webber.

If the gas grill fits your need then you win. Enjoy your new grill!

In58men
07-21-2013, 08:45 PM

That thing is over priced and overrated.

In58men
07-21-2013, 08:46 PM
I bought a Weber because "you can't do it wrong on a Weber" yet I still did. No, I'm done with charcoal.

What was your problem with charcoal?

07-21-2013, 08:47 PM
I have the side grates to hold the charcoal to each side and smoke in the middle. Love my webber.

If the gas grill fits your need then you win. Enjoy your new grill!

Damn straight!!! I will!!!!! :thumb:

07-21-2013, 08:48 PM

I already have a couple threads out there about this that I am sure you participated in so I am not going to rehash my problems with charcoal in this thread.

something I need not worry about anymore. ;)

Consistent1
07-21-2013, 08:55 PM

Impatience usually does it. Get up early, start the fire up and go mow the yard or something.

In58men
07-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Impatience usually does it. Get up early, start the fire up and go mow the yard or something.

I have a weber chimney starter and it literally takes only 8-10 minutes to get the coals red. I don't see how anyone could have problems with charcoal.

TimBone
07-21-2013, 09:05 PM
Point being, grill with what you prefer to grill with. Some folks like Charcoal. Some folks like gas. Glad you found what makes you happy, Guru.

In58men
07-21-2013, 09:07 PM
Point being, grill with what you prefer to grill with. Some folks like Charcoal. Some folks like gas. Glad you found what makes you happy, Guru.

Hootie mult.

Mods check IP

Great Expectations
07-21-2013, 09:10 PM

You've obviously never used one.

07-21-2013, 09:17 PM
$700 for a charcoal cooker shaped like an egg? No fucking way would I pay that.

07-21-2013, 09:18 PM
For the record, I am holding on to my Weber for running out of gas issues and when I am cooking for more than just my family.

tooge
07-21-2013, 09:18 PM
If you are good cook, and know the characteristics of the cut of meat you are using, you can turn out incredible food on either a gas or charcoal grill. Anyone that says otherwise simply doesn't know how to cook on one or the other properly.

FTR, I have both. I prefer my gas grill on weeknights after work, but enjoy cooking on the weber kettle as well. I also have a WSM, and use it to smoke all the time. Smoked trout today. Having said that, a weber kettle is a very capable smoker if you know how to use it.

You can also smoke on a gas grill. Simply place wood chips in foil, poke done holes in it, and throw it over the burner.

In58men
07-21-2013, 09:21 PM
$700 for a charcoal cooker shaped like an egg? No ****ing way would I pay that.

My thoughts exactly. My WRM only costs $100 at Walmart. I'm not gonna attempt to spend an extra $600-$700 on that shit.

Cannibal
07-21-2013, 09:22 PM
Charcoal all the way.

Great Expectations
07-21-2013, 09:23 PM
Most gas grills don't get hot enough for exceptionally well grilled steaks/burgers.

Ming the Merciless
07-21-2013, 09:24 PM
Enjoy your flare ups.

you got herpes bruh?

Saul Good
Enjoy, dude.

When it comes to grilling a high-quality steak, temp. is the single most important factor. If you cannot seal in the juices, your steak sucks fucking shit. Period.

That's why steaks should be baked on a cast iron skillet.

Great Expectations
Lump Charcoal all the way.
Fyp

kcxiv
07-21-2013, 09:25 PM
I don't care taste difference is minimal to me. If its a good cooked steak I'll tear it up

Cannibal
07-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Char-Griller makes a knockoff kamado. But it's not ceramic, it's insulated steel. It's about half the price.

Saul Good
07-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Most gas grills don't get hot enough for exceptionally well grilled steaks/burgers.

Burgers? Propane gets plenty hot.

In58men
07-21-2013, 09:27 PM

Ban

tooge
07-21-2013, 09:27 PM

The cut of meat, and how you treat it before during, and after grilling are much more important than the mythical "sear to hold in juices".

In58men
07-21-2013, 09:29 PM
I wonder how many charcoal vs gas thread there actually are here lol.

Cannibal
07-21-2013, 09:29 PM
http://www.bbqsaucereviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Akorn.jpg

tooge
07-21-2013, 09:30 PM

Yep. A good cast iron skillet steak will rival a good grilled steak. If you don't agree, you simply don't know how to make it well

LoneWolf
07-21-2013, 09:32 PM
Charcoal all the way.

My opinion too, but I understand those that like the convenience of a gas grill.

Personally, I use a different grill depending on my mood. In a hurry, I use my Weber spirit gas grill. Have extra time and want a little better flavor, I use my Weber kettle. Spending all day drinking beer and smoking meat, I use my Yoder Smoker.

Enjoy your new grill, Guru.

Cannibal
07-21-2013, 09:34 PM
I could see searing a filet on high heat and then baking it the rest of the way due to the thickness of the cut, but I don't see the need to do that with a rib eye.

Saul Good
Yep. A good cast iron skillet steak will rival a good grilled steak. If you don't agree, you simply don't know how to make it well

A properly baked steak blows away a grilled steak.

In58men
Have extra time and want a little better flavor, I use my Weber kettle.

I got destroyed for saying gas tastes different to me. You better be careful.

LoneWolf
07-21-2013, 09:35 PM
A properly baked steak blows away a grilled steak.

Opinions vary.

GloryDayz
07-21-2013, 09:35 PM
Enjoy... There's a whole world of grilling out there, and it's awesome!

Cannibal
07-21-2013, 09:36 PM
My opinion too, but I understand those that like the convenience of a gas grill.

Personally, I use a different grill depending on my mood. In a hurry, I use my Weber spirit gas grill. Have extra time and want a little better flavor, I use my Weber kettle. Spending all day drinking beer and smoking meat, I use my Yoder Smoker.

Enjoy your new grill, Guru.

Yeah, if people like gas go for it. I think the food tastes superior over coal though. Personal preference.

BWillie
07-21-2013, 09:37 PM
I hate charcoal grills unless im eating a hot dog. It makes the taste of the meat grimey and its steaks never taste as good. On top of all that, they are a pain in the ass.

LoneWolf
07-21-2013, 09:37 PM

I use lump charcoal, and personally I can tell the difference in flavor. I'm not a charcoal snob, but I do have a preference when I have the time.

In58men
07-21-2013, 09:38 PM
I use lump charcoal, and personally I can tell the difference in flavor. I'm not a charcoal snob, but I do have a preference when I have the time.

Same here.

Agreed

Saul Good
07-21-2013, 09:39 PM
Opinions vary.

Even using a cast iron skillet on a grill is better. The sear makes the steak.

In58men
07-21-2013, 09:40 PM

I heard Sous-Vide was top of the line for steak cooking.

Bugeater
07-21-2013, 09:42 PM
Lump charcoal absolutely, positively makes a difference in flavor.

tooge
07-21-2013, 09:47 PM

It's one way to get a perfect internal temp. Another is to use the oven in cast iron, another is to use a meat thermometer. Regardless, A shitty piece of meat will be shitty no matter how you cook it though.

DeezNutz
07-21-2013, 09:52 PM
I don't believe that the sear is a myth. 810 does a grilling segment with the dude from Smoke 'N' Fire, and he claimed that if you can hold your hand over your grill for more than a couple of seconds without having to pull away because of the heat, your grill is incapable of producing a high-quality steak.

This seems legit to me.

In58men
07-21-2013, 09:53 PM
It's one way to get a perfect internal temp. Another is to use the oven in cast iron, another is to use a meat thermometer. Regardless, A shitty piece of meat will be shitty no matter how you cook it though.

I actually don't mind the cast iron way, but it's a rare for me to coin a steak like that. If it's a bad day outside then the kitchen is where I'll be. Basting a steak in butter is phenomenal.

Consistent1
07-21-2013, 09:57 PM
I don't believe that the sear is a myth. 810 does a grilling segment with the dude from Smoke 'N' Fire, and he claimed that if you can hold your hand over your grill for more than a couple of seconds without having to pull away because of the heat, your grill is incapable of producing a high-quality steak.

This seems legit to me.

It can go either way bro. I made some killer filets a few weeks without the temp being real high. Rare and MR. Great stuff. There isn't always just one way.

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2013, 10:24 PM
Whether it's gas or charcoal, the key to excellent results is knowing your grill.

Consistent1
07-21-2013, 10:37 PM
Whether it's gas or charcoal, the key to excellent results is knowing your grill.

I just don't see how the gas lovers don't have a 100% clear picture from the start. It took me several years to get cooking temps, indirect heat and shit like that down. Charcoal rules. Go fuck up some chicken on a gas grill because you are so impatient that a half hour is all you have. I don't even see how it's an argument.

In58men
07-21-2013, 10:43 PM
I just don't see how the gas lovers don't have a 100% clear picture from the start. It took me several years to get cooking temps, indirect heat and shit like that down. Charcoal rules. Go **** up some chicken on a gas grill because you are so impatient that a half hour is all you have. I don't even see how it's an argument.

30 minutes is even an exaggeration. If people are impatient because of coals, they really only take 10 minutes to start glowing.

DaneMcCloud
07-21-2013, 10:44 PM
I just don't see how the gas lovers don't have a 100% clear picture from the start. It took me several years to get cooking temps, indirect heat and shit like that down. Charcoal rules. Go fuck up some chicken on a gas grill because you are so impatient that a half hour is all you have. I don't even see how it's an argument.

Well, I've had a stainless steel seven burner grill for a decade. It also has a wood chip tray that I use on occasion as well.

I take my time when grilling food, whether it's chicken, dogs, brats, burgers and steaks. I make sure that everything is properly seasoned and prepared before it goes on the grill and the results have always been excellent.

Now, I can't claim that my food is the "best in the world", nor can I claim that it couldn't be improved by cooking on charcoal. But I can claim that it is very, very good and that inside my circle of friends, I'm considered the grill master.

Consistent1
07-21-2013, 10:46 PM
30 minutes is even an exaggeration. If people are impatient because of coals, they really only take 10 minutes to start glowing.

Haha. True, when I was younger I would just burn shit up by feeding fat to the fire.

In58men
07-21-2013, 10:51 PM
Haha. True, when I was younger I would just burn shit up by feeding fat to the fire.

I always closed the lid and left the top and bottom vents wide ass open. I fucked off all kinds of money lol.

Consistent1
07-21-2013, 10:58 PM
I always closed the lid and left the top and bottom vents wide ass open. I ****ed off all kinds of money lol.

I always let my charcoal go for a few a hours first and gotten pretty good at guessing the right amount to use. Get a bag of Matchlight and a couple pounds of filets. Magic within 15 minutes when your grill goes up in flames.

In58men
07-21-2013, 11:03 PM
I always let my charcoal go for a few a hours first and gotten pretty good at guessing the right amount to use. Get a bag of Matchlight and a couple pounds of filets. Magic within 15 minutes when your grill goes up in flames.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/22/yqeju7eg.jpg

All you need is this do-hickey. Fill it to the top and it'll last you hours. Take 10 minutes for the coals to turn read. I can cook ribs for 2 hours and they're still hot as hell.

Grilling for me is so much better now that I've made the switch from match light to regular coals. They seem to burn 10 times longer.

Ming the Merciless
07-21-2013, 11:12 PM

you still should sear the out side (on a grill etc) when using sous vide, but after it is at temperature...i think...

i still dont have my own

In58men
07-21-2013, 11:32 PM
you still should sear the out side (on a grill etc) when using sous vide, but after it is at temperature...i think...

i still dont have my own

That method isn't for me. The way I cook a steak is simple. A couple pinches of Kosher salt and coarse black pepper. My favorite cut is the top sirloin, I like a chewy steak. I put the steak right on the flames to char up. About 3-4 minutes on each side until both sides look nice and charred. Then I cover the BBQ and set my vents 1/4 open. I cook for about 8-10 minutes for medium rare. The steaks are about an inch thick. Costco is pretty consistent with their sizes.

Ming the Merciless
07-21-2013, 11:37 PM

you got destroyed for saying you could taste the gas

you dummy

you can taste the coal smoke

propane has no taste

Ming the Merciless
07-21-2013, 11:38 PM
That method isn't for me.

what sous vide machine do you have?

its fucking fool proof

Ming the Merciless
07-21-2013, 11:40 PM
My favorite cut is the top sirloin, I like a chewy steak. .

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

holy shit and you claim you can taste propane gas on your food

wow

youre a ****ing winner bro

Consistent1
07-21-2013, 11:46 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/22/yqeju7eg.jpg

All you need is this do-hickey. Fill it to the top and it'll last you hours. Take 10 minutes for the coals to turn read. I can cook ribs for 2 hours and they're still hot as hell.

Grilling for me is so much better now that I've made the switch from match light to regular coals. They seem to burn 10 times longer.

Might as well get a gas grill bro. ha

Consistent1
07-21-2013, 11:56 PM

you dummy

you can taste the coal smoke

propane has no taste

It surprises me to see you of all people arguing this point. I use a regular Weber grill to make some damn good stuff,

So, "you dummy"

Ming the Merciless
07-22-2013, 12:32 AM
It surprises me to see you of all people arguing this point. I use a regular Weber grill to make some damn good stuff,

So, "you dummy"

The reason you're surprised is because you read whet I wrote wrong.

I love charcoal flavor. I have charcoal grills.

Sometimes I don't want that flavor though or I want to use gas.

This other guy tried telling me he can taste gas.

Yes the same guy who likes chewy top sirloin.

If I had to pick one grill it would be gas with a smoker box.

I love charcoal. I just love gas too. And use it more....you can add smoke....if u

want

Silock
07-22-2013, 12:45 AM
I can make a mean steak on a gas grill. It's all about getting that searing temp high, and then moving it to a lower temp part of the grill to finish.

Congrats on the new grill, man!

Simply Red
07-22-2013, 01:05 AM
Yeah, no you can't because it can't get hot enough.

yep Foreman grills are garbage.

Simply Red
07-22-2013, 01:11 AM
I mean - if you're making a grilled cheese to go with your tomato soup - like the beav does, then that's fine.

Chief Roundup
07-22-2013, 05:06 AM
Sucks for you that you cannot properly use a charcoal grill.

BlackHelicopters
07-22-2013, 05:22 AM
Gas grills suck . No they don't. He called me a bad name. No I didn't.

Dayze
07-22-2013, 06:01 AM
I've enjoyed both gas and charcoal. I've been without a gas grill for the last 5 yrs. I can get my charcoal up and running ready to go in roughly the same time as it takes for the gas to get heated up. I can chimney the coals, go in and make my burgers or whatever, and the coals will be ready. I cook on in a few nights a week. Nut, mostly simple stuff. Chicken and burgers etc

Consistent1
07-22-2013, 06:05 AM
I mean - if you're making a grilled cheese to go with your tomato soup - like the beav does, then that's fine.

And it was sarcasm Mr. Metro. If you clean the closet out you probably have a platinum plated Foreman in there.

tooge
07-22-2013, 07:03 AM
speaking of those Foreman type grills, I have an Emeril Panini maker that is basically the same thing, but the lid hinges to come straight down to make paninis. Its pretty bad ass at making any grilled sandwich.

R8RFAN
07-22-2013, 07:15 AM
Not on this puppy.

I have an infrared grill and you will love it...

Grilled chicken and BBQ chicken is wonderful on it , you will not burn the chicken unless you put the bbq sauce on too early..

Heres some of the stuff I have cooked

http://thumbnails108.imagebam.com/26669/0203de266689492.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/0203de266689492) http://thumbnails105.imagebam.com/26669/f8dc80266689495.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/f8dc80266689495) http://thumbnails104.imagebam.com/26669/1f0114266689498.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/1f0114266689498) http://thumbnails106.imagebam.com/26669/dfb384266689502.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/dfb384266689502) http://thumbnails107.imagebam.com/26669/66f9df266689503.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/66f9df266689503) http://thumbnails101.imagebam.com/26669/bab15f266689505.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/bab15f266689505) http://thumbnails103.imagebam.com/26669/e82fd0266689506.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/e82fd0266689506)

Great Expectations
07-22-2013, 07:29 AM
That method isn't for me. The way I cook a steak is simple. A couple pinches of Kosher salt and coarse black pepper. My favorite cut is the top sirloin, I like a chewy steak. I put the steak right on the flames to char up. About 3-4 minutes on each side until both sides look nice and charred. Then I cover the BBQ and set my vents 1/4 open. I cook for about 8-10 minutes for medium rare. The steaks are about an inch thick. Costco is pretty consistent with their sizes.

14-18 minutes total cook time and they are med rare?

No way is your grill hot enough. For a 1 inch thick steak I'll have it on for 3 1/2 minutes, flip and shut down every vent and leave on fire another 3 1/2, let it rest for 5 minutes.

Silock
07-22-2013, 07:32 AM
Steak should be room temp before it goes on the grill. Also, top sirloin isn't chewy unless you overcooked it. It may not be fatty, but it's not chewy, especially if you cut it correctly.

I sear each side for 90 seconds, and leave it on indirect heat for another 2-3. Steak comes out med rare with a great crust. This is for a 32 oz steak.

Fire Me Boy!
07-22-2013, 07:44 AM

i still dont have my own

I've made some killer steak sous vide. While it's foolproof, it's kind of a pain. So if I feel like the extra fuss of pulling out the sous vide and vacuum, sealing up the steak, and giving it a few hours then I'll do it sous vide.

If I'm really feeling it, I'll fire up the charcoal Weber for the sear.

If you're interested, here's my thread on sous vide: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=243228

Fire Me Boy!
07-22-2013, 07:45 AM
Here's a trick I picked up from CHOW or Serious Eats (can't remember). Salt your steak at least a day in advance. Not a couple hours, a full day. It makes a big difference, IMO.

Frosty
07-22-2013, 07:56 AM
How is clean up on the infra-red grills?

chiefzilla1501
07-22-2013, 08:04 AM
The only way to make a steak is to make it a milk steak

cosmo20002
07-22-2013, 08:30 AM

I thought you said you could actually taste the gas, and not just that the food tasted different. That does seem a little kooky to me.

In58men
07-22-2013, 08:45 AM
I thought you said you could actually taste the gas, and not just that the food tasted different. That does seem a little kooky to me.

Not sure my what my wording was. I guess I putting blame on the gas itself because it tasted different. Half the time I don't make sense. The other half I'm brilliant. I honestly taste a difference between charcoal and gas. I might not know what it is, but I don't like gas.

mikeyis4dcats.
07-22-2013, 08:48 AM

he did...he said repeatedly he could taste the propane.

In58men
07-22-2013, 08:56 AM
he did...he said repeatedly he could taste the propane.

OMG NO WAY!!!!!!!

DJ's left nut
07-22-2013, 09:02 AM

Dafuq?!?!?

Look, I think Gas Grills are the debil and think anyone that has to resort to one is less of a man for having to do so.

That all being said - you should go kill yourself...immediately.

Matchlight? Are you fucking kidding me? Lighter fluid in general is awful and that matchlight shit is the most god-awful, meat ruining substance to ever grace God's green earth. I believe it was invented when Hitler was in charge of research and development for Kingsford.

As others have said - WTF is so difficult about a chimney starter? Start your coals and wait 10 minutes. It's ridiculously easy and involves zero lighter fluid (seriously...I can't believe someone just suggested matchlight on filets. Has that person killed himself yet?). Get your steaks out of the fridge and let them come down a bit while you're waiting for the coals to burn and you're in good shape.

There's nothing that can be done on a grill that doesn't take 10 minutes unless you're talking about hot dogs. Making hamburgers? It's going to take you 5-10 minutes to season and form. Chicken? Seasoning and patting. Steaks? Season, pat and rest. Everything on a grill takes 10 minutes or so of prep.

So why someone believes you can't just use that ten minutes while waiting for the coals to glow is just beyond me.

DJ's left nut
07-22-2013, 09:07 AM

I love that method in the winter...I hate that my house fills with smoke though. And there's just not a good way around it; if you don't use an oil, you won't get a proper sear and the oil's going to burn off. Though I finally wised up and started using Canola; with the higher flashpoint it works much better.

Lump charcoal absolutely, positively makes a difference in flavor.

Yeah, lump's great stuff. It burns so damn fast that you roar through a bag of it, but it makes such a hot fire that it can run with any of the 'sear' methods and no, a gas grill can't touch it. IMO, there's no better way to cook a steak than over lump charcoal.

R8RFAN
07-22-2013, 09:16 AM
How is clean up on the infra-red grills?

Hard crusty baked on food still hard to get off with stainless steel... The beauty of the infrared is it gets so damn hot it torches the burnt stuck to the grill stuff pretty quick..

You want an infrared grill to be black, the blacker it gets the hotter it gets..

You can cook a lb of bacon on it and it won't flare up

Predarat
07-22-2013, 09:20 AM
Has anyone ever used an out door, electric plug in grill? Those things put both gas and char coal grills to shame. Plug it up, set the temp, ready almost instantly.

http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/i/spin/image/spin_prod_631121101

In58men
07-22-2013, 09:24 AM
Has anyone ever used an out door, electric plug in grill? Those things put both gas and char coal grills to shame. Plug it up, set the temp, ready almost instantly.

Is this something new? Never knew they had these

morphius
07-22-2013, 09:27 AM

Already have a george foreman grill, and an electric range with pans what would I do with that?

Omaha
07-22-2013, 09:33 AM

Comparing a gas grill to a George Foreman grill is beyond stupid and I think you know it.

Omaha
07-22-2013, 09:36 AM
I have a weber chimney starter and it literally takes only 8-10 minutes to get the coals red. I don't see how anyone could have problems with charcoal.

I've never cooked with charcoal. How do you gauge and control the heat?

Fire Me Boy!
07-22-2013, 09:36 AM
Dafuq?!?!?

Look, I think Gas Grills are the debil and think anyone that has to resort to one is less of a man for having to do so.

Matchlight? Are you ****ing kidding me? Lighter fluid in general is awful and that matchlight shit is the most god-awful, meat ruining substance to ever grace God's green earth. I believe it was invented when Hitler was in charge of research and development for Kingsford.

As others have said - WTF is so difficult about a chimney starter? Start your coals and wait 10 minutes. It's ridiculously easy and involves zero lighter fluid (seriously...I can't believe someone just suggested matchlight on filets. Has that person killed himself yet?). Get your steaks out of the fridge and let them come down a bit while you're waiting for the coals to burn and you're in good shape.

There's nothing that can be done on a grill that doesn't take 10 minutes unless you're talking about hot dogs. Making hamburgers? It's going to take you 5-10 minutes to season and form. Chicken? Seasoning and patting. Steaks? Season, pat and rest. Everything on a grill takes 10 minutes or so of prep.

So why someone believes you can't just use that ten minutes while waiting for the coals to glow is just beyond me.

I'm with you on charcoal vs. gas, but 10 minutes, really? Never in my life have I had coals ready in less than 10.

To me, it's the price of admission. But no way you're ready to grill in 10 minutes. You shouldn't be putting food over the coals until they're covered with a thin layer of ash.

Dayze
07-22-2013, 09:38 AM

Air vents.
Super hot you should be able to hold your hand over the grate for more than probably 1-2 seconds.
Medium I use the same concept but about 3-4 seconds.

I’ve become pretty good at setting the lid on and getting around 350.

In58men
07-22-2013, 09:40 AM
I'm with you on charcoal vs. gas, but 10 minutes, really? Never in my life have I had coals ready in less than 10.

To me, it's the price of admission. But no way you're ready to grill in 10 minutes. You shouldn't be putting food over the coals until they're covered with a thin layer of ash.

Next time I light the grill using my chimney starter, I'm gonna time everything lol.

Consistent1
07-22-2013, 09:42 AM
Dafuq?!?!?

Matchlight? Are you ****ing kidding me? Lighter fluid in general is awful and that matchlight shit is the most god-awful, meat ruining substance to ever grace God's green earth. I believe it was invented when Hitler was in charge of research and development for Kingsford.

Nice meltdown. The matchlight shit was obvious sarcasm.

DJ's left nut
07-22-2013, 09:45 AM

Fuel and air.

If you're using something like briquettes, it's damn near a science. The really good grillers are almost able to count coals and tell you exactly what their temperature will be. The classic rookie mistake is to use way too much charcoal and then not know how to kill it without filling the chamber up with soot.

Second thing to remember with the fuel is the placement of same. Indirect heat will save many a leg quarter/pork steak. Don't just cover the bottom with briquettes and expect good results for most things.

Finally - use your vents to cool the fire, but don't choke it off. Then you start making a starved fire that throws impurities about. It's not terribly noticable, but it can be if you're not careful. I've adopted the same approach I took in smoking and I never close my top vent. I want anything in that kettle that's floating to be able to escape. You can control your heat exclusively through your lower vents.

Fuel and air; it's really not difficult. I don't understand the folks that can't seem to get a handle on it. A charcoal grill isn't any harder to run than a gas grill. Slow-cooking over indirect heat is actually easier on a kettle than a gas grill, IMO.

DJ's left nut
07-22-2013, 09:45 AM
Nice meltdown. The matchlight shit was obvious sarcasm.

So you're saying you haven't killed yourself yet...

We don't joke about matchlight, sir.

Great Expectations
07-22-2013, 09:46 AM
What temp does the plug and grill get to?

I usually wait the 15-20 minutes for my BGE (the knockoffs are better than a gas, but don't work as well) to get to 650-700 degrees for steaks and burgers.

aturnis
07-22-2013, 09:49 AM
http://www.charbroil.com/grills/gas-grills/gourmet-tru-infrared-series/char-broil-gourmet-t-22d.html

TAKE IT BACK! The thing sucks. The air folks clog with fear quickly. Basically, you have to disassemble your grill and clean them each and every time you cook. Otherwise the build-up burns, smokes, and messes with the flavor of your food.

TAKE IT BACK À

R8RFAN
07-22-2013, 09:52 AM
Make your own hardwood charcoal

Omaha
07-22-2013, 09:54 AM

$700 for a charcoal cooker shaped like an egg? No ****ing way would I pay that.

I've never met anyone who has regretted buying one. Everyone I've met who has one loves the thing.

How do they stand up to weather? It's ceramic so what happens if it rains while it's hot?

tooge
07-22-2013, 09:54 AM

Yeah, air vents are one way, but they control the amount of air the coals get, and thus the burn time too. I prefer to vary the heat by the amount of coals I use. If I'm doing a Sirloin (not chewy at all if med rare, rested, and cut right), I might use about half a chimney. If I'm doing ribeyes, I like to sear the shit out of all that fat, so I'll use more. Then play with the vents.

Ming the Merciless
07-22-2013, 10:08 AM
14-18 minutes total cook time and they are med rare?

He likes his top sirloin chewy bro

Omaha
07-22-2013, 10:15 AM

ROFL

Eleazar
07-22-2013, 10:23 AM
I think electric grills are great. I want to taste the meat, not the gas or chemicals resulting from the fuel burning below it. People like charcoal because they are accustomed to it but you would think a flavor purist would not want to taste carbon monoxide, all the chemicals added to charcoal briquettes and lighter fluid, etc. Empty heat is more natural isnt it?

Fire Me Boy!
07-22-2013, 10:31 AM
I think electric grills are great. I want to taste the meat, not the gas or chemicals resulting from the fuel burning below it. People like charcoal because they are accustomed to it but you would think a flavor purist would not want to taste carbon monoxide, all the chemicals added to charcoal briquettes and lighter fluid, etc. Empty heat is more natural isnt it?

Natural? No. Natural fire burning from wood flavors whatever it's cooking. Pure beef (or chicken or pork or whatever) flavor, sure. But the smokiness that comes from grilling is a natural accompaniment to meat.

That said, I don't know many serious grillers that use briquettes. Most use natural lump charcoal. That doesn't have fillers, and you get a better, natural flavor.

In58men
07-22-2013, 10:43 AM
He likes his top sirloin chewy bro

A top sirloin is a more chewy than a New York and a Filet, that's why I prefer a sirloin.

morphius
07-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Saw this earlier this month:

True fact: Cooking on a gas grill is more convenient than cooking with charcoal.
It’s also a lot less special. And, scientifically speaking, it creates less flavorful food.

http://www.wired.com/opinion/2013/07/charcoal-grilling-is-objectively-scientifically-better-than-gas/

(Personally I use charcoal, but I really don't care what anyone uses)

Consistent1
07-22-2013, 10:50 AM
A top sirloin is a more chewy than a New York and a Filet, that's why I prefer a sirloin.

I like high quality thick sirloins rare. Very good stuff. I'll get blasted for this, but the Texas Roadhouse here seems to hit a homer every time. Nice meat quality, great salad and the environment isn't that bad. They have $7.99 specials from 4-6 on weekdays here, and you can't beat that restaurant wise.

Great Expectations
07-22-2013, 11:04 AM
I've never met anyone who has regretted buying one. Everyone I've met who has one loves the thing.

How do they stand up to weather? It's ceramic so what happens if it rains while it's hot?

I've had mine for six years and it would look brand new if I cleaned it with some Windex.

The shape of the Egg is designed to contain the heat with only a small vent at the top to create a draft to keep the fire going. Today’s Egg is manufactured from high fiber ceramics developed for the space shuttle program designed to reflect heat and this allows temperatures of up to 650 degrees Celsius (1200 Fahrenheit) to be reached. The external surface has a high gloss ceramic glaze applied to provide crack and weather resistance.

I've never had mine above 800, but I have it over 600 weekly.

Fire Me Boy!
07-22-2013, 11:11 AM
Saw this earlier this month:

http://www.wired.com/opinion/2013/07/charcoal-grilling-is-objectively-scientifically-better-than-gas/

(Personally I use charcoal, but I really don't care what anyone uses)

"Translation: Cooking over charcoal makes your food taste like bacon. Let me repeat that: blah blah charcoal blah blah BACON."

Eleazar
07-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Natural? No. Natural fire burning from wood flavors whatever it's cooking. Pure beef (or chicken or pork or whatever) flavor, sure. But the smokiness that comes from grilling is a natural accompaniment to meat.

That said, I don't know many serious grillers that use briquettes. Most use natural lump charcoal. That doesn't have fillers, and you get a better, natural flavor.

Natural to me means the taste of the food and not the fuel material.

Charcoal always contains chemical additives like nitrates, starches, lime, even coal. Lump charcoal may not contain the binders to give it the shape, but even in the event you have pure charcoal with no chemicals added in manufacture, you are still taking it on faith that the wood used by whatever corporation made it was not chemically treated or from some other dubious waste/scrap wood source like discarded stained hardwood flooring.

This is hair splitting, which is what any good gas vs charcoal debate amounts to. I just opined that natural to me is the taste of the food and not a campfire

Eleazar
07-22-2013, 11:36 AM
I meant to say, I have one of those Korean style flat electric grills that I would put up against anything else I have owned. Electric is really nice for being able to heat things evenly and without drying the meat out. If you arent a thermometer obsessed kind of guy they are great for precisely controlling the temp. Experiment with one

Bugeater
07-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Make your own hardwood charcoal
Go on...

Fire Me Boy!
07-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Go on...

Process is here: http://bit.ly/16VdsW6

Bugeater
07-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Process is here: http://bit.ly/16VdsW6
Asshole. LMAO

Saul Good
07-22-2013, 12:25 PM
This thread makes a lot more sense once you realize how full of shit we all are. We all think we know what we're talking about...but we don't.

Fire Me Boy!
07-22-2013, 12:29 PM
This thread makes a lot more sense once you realize how full of shit we all are. We all think we know what we're talking about...but we don't.

Speak for yourself. I know four truths:

1. Charcoal beats gas.
2. Cast iron is best.
3. WD-40 for when it sticks, but isn't supposed to.
4. Duct tape for when it moves, but isn't supposed to.

Tytanium
07-22-2013, 12:38 PM

Because a BGE costs thousands of dollars. I'd rather buy a Weber One-Touch, a good sized gas grill, and make a UDS and STILL spend a lot less than I would on a BGE.

ghak99
07-22-2013, 01:22 PM

New York? Chewy? Taste the gas? :shake:

Someone is slipping lumps from the aids tree in your chimney.

Dayze
07-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Speak for yourself. I know four truths:

1. Charcoal beats gas.
2. Cast iron is best.
3. WD-40 for when it sticks, but isn't supposed to.
4. Duct tape for when it moves, but isn't supposed to.

agree. though, WD40 on my grill grate makes my stead taste funny.
but, it doesn't squeak when I eat it, so there's that.

Predarat
07-22-2013, 01:28 PM
http://bit.ly/1aEFERc

Chief_For_Life58
07-22-2013, 01:43 PM
turn that puppy up as high as it goes, head to whole paycheck, I mean whole foods, buy a 20 dollar dry aged ribeye, head home, season with salt and pepper, throw it on grill for 3:30-4:00 each side, enjoy.

07-22-2013, 02:09 PM

I looked at one of those too but reviews said that while it was a nice little grill it would not get hot enough in winter months. Between that and a small cooking space I decided against it.

Fire Me Boy!
07-22-2013, 02:09 PM
agree. though, WD40 on my grill grate makes my stead taste funny.
but, it doesn't squeak when I eat it, so there's that.

Rep. That was a legit LOL.

Fire Me Boy!
07-22-2013, 02:11 PM
http://bit.ly/1aEFERc

The key to using LMGTFY successfully is making it so it actually answers what you're asking.

http://bit.ly/11agI17

07-22-2013, 02:11 PM
TAKE IT BACK! The thing sucks. The air folks clog with fear quickly. Basically, you have to disassemble your grill and clean them each and every time you cook. Otherwise the build-up burns, smokes, and messes with the flavor of your food.

TAKE IT BACK À
You are thinking of the Menards one that has a steel grate and tiny little holes. This is the Gourmey one sold at Home Depot that has a standard cast iron grate over a large trough. No tiny little holes to clean at all.

LoneWolf
07-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Because a BGE costs thousands of dollars. I'd rather buy a Weber One-Touch, a good sized gas grill, and make a UDS and STILL spend a lot less than I would on a BGE.

Thousands of dollars?

You can get a large BGE for around $900.00. My Weber gas grill was $500.00 and my Weber kettle was $100.00. Add to that the $1500.00 for the Yoder Smoker and that is much more than any BGE.

Tytanium
07-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Thousands of dollars?

You can get a large BGE for around $900.00. My Weber gas grill was $500.00 and my Weber kettle was $100.00. Add to that the $1500.00 for the Yoder Smoker and that is much more than any BGE.

$900 for a grill is way more than I'm willing to spend. Even if I were hot for a ceramic shell grill, a Kamado is a better deal than an Egg.

I bought a 3 burner Charbroil T-36D (still waiting for it to come in off backorder from NFM), own a Weber Smokey Mountain and I'm planning on getting a Weber Performer. All three of those together still cost less than an XL BGE. All of those together probably weigh less, too.

Don't forget about the $700 accessory table either!

07-22-2013, 02:32 PM
$900 for a grill is way more than I'm willing to spend. Even if I were hot for a ceramic shell grill, a Kamado is a better deal than an Egg.

I bought a 3 burner Charbroil T-36D (still waiting for it to come in off backorder from NFM), own a Weber Smokey Mountain and I'm planning on getting a Weber Performer. All three of those together still cost less than an XL BGE. All of those together probably weigh less, too.

Don't forget about the $700 accessory table either!

I have one of the first Weber Performer grills. Absolutely loved that large workspace on the side. Got it for $50 off of craigslist.

kcxiv
07-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Gas vs charcoal reminds me of Xbox vs PS3. haha, good laughs all around.

07-22-2013, 03:08 PM

I love my PS3 gas grill that never overheats as opposed to that shitty charcoal xbox that has to be replaced due to meltdown. :)

kcxiv
07-22-2013, 03:19 PM
I love my PS3 gas grill that never overheats as opposed to that shitty charcoal xbox that has to be replaced due to meltdown. :)

lol, nice

Fire Me Boy!
07-22-2013, 03:20 PM

But your PS3 gas grill steaks just aren't very good. My Xbox charcoal has a line of steaks that you can't get anywhere else.

Frosty
07-22-2013, 03:23 PM
Any one ever use a pellet grill? I looked at them but was turned off by the high price as well as the high price of the food grade pellets.

Seems like a nice idea, though.

07-22-2013, 03:25 PM
But your PS3 gas grill steaks just aren't very good. My Xbox charcoal has a line of steaks that you can't get anywhere else.

I made some kickass steaks last night that are better than anything I ever tried to grill myself on a xbox.:thumb:

Omaha
07-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Any one ever use a pellet grill? I looked at them but was turned off by the high price as well as the high price of the food grade pellets.

Seems like a nice idea, though.

My friend has one. He loves it. He makes some good stuff on there. Everything has a smokey flavor.

I prefer my Weber Genesis and having a separate smoker.

Mojo Jojo
07-22-2013, 03:34 PM
I bought my Good One for right at $1,000. Best grill and best smoker I have ever owned...best of all you can grill and smoke on the same unit at the same time.

stanleychief
07-22-2013, 04:32 PM
+1 for Komodos

I've got a large Komodo Joe and can smoke a brisket to perfection on it as well as sear steaks at 800 degrees. For me having one device that can do it all is worth the extra price. I can smoke a brisket for 8+ hours on 1/4 bag of lump charcoal, and never have to touch the smoker during the process once the temperature is stable. Komodos also help trap in moisture so the meat you cook is still moist instead of dried out.

I light mine with an electric starter and it's usually up to smoking temps (225) within 15 minutes, and at searing temps (800+ degrees) within 25-30 minutes.

Just to make it really awesome, I built and added a HeaterMeter (http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?35674-HeaterMeter-v4-0-for-RaspberyPi-Standalone&)to mine. If you are handy with a soldering iron and know a bit about electronics, you can assemble one for around $120, including the cost of the Raspberry Pi and wi-fi adapter. With that thing added on there I can watch & set the smoker temps from anywhere with my mobile phone.

On the subject of steaks.. the best method I've used for cooking them is called the T-Rex method and can be found here (http://www.nakedwhiz.com/trexsteak.htm). I would be willing to put a properly cooked T-Rex steak up against the best offered by most steakhouses. Letting the meat rest makes all the difference in the world.

BWillie
07-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Dafuq?!?!?

I fail to understand what kind of grill you use has any bearing on how big of a man you are. If you shoot your animal and then grill it on a pink gas mini grill u are still a bigger man than some charcoal grilling fat ass who sits outside for hours blowing at his little charcoals.

Ming the Merciless
07-22-2013, 08:39 PM

Except its old, fat bald guys whose wives wont **** them and suck their dicks any more

Instead of young, pimply faces virgins who have assbergers

Ming the Merciless
07-22-2013, 08:44 PM

Well you're in the 1% of people who like their steak tougher/chewier rather than melt in your mouth

But you are also in the .001% of people who claim they can taste the gas "on the food" cooked from a propane gas or natural gas grill/oven.

I'm also gonna guess youre in the same percentage of people who have been abducted by transexual Yeti's and raped in the wilderness

Or maybe also the same % that believe that a UFO is responsible for your headaches because they didnt use enough lube on the massive anal probe

Bwana
07-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Good call!

In58men
07-22-2013, 08:49 PM
Well you're in the 1% of people who like their steak tougher/chewier rather than melt in your mouth

But you are also in the .001% of people who claim they can taste the gas "on the food" cooked from a propane gas or natural gas grill/oven.

I'm also gonna guess youre in the same percentage of people who have been abducted by transexual Yeti's and raped in the wilderness

Or maybe also the same % that believe that a UFO is responsible for your headaches because they didnt use enough lube on the massive anal probe

Just shut the fuck up.

HonestChieffan
07-22-2013, 09:29 PM

Gas. Not an upgrade. Amateur Hour

07-22-2013, 09:51 PM

It is a huge upgrade in my case. :p

DaneMcCloud
07-22-2013, 09:56 PM

:facepalm:

07-22-2013, 09:58 PM
:facepalm:

Don't you love how people feel this need to show how they are better than everyone else?

DaneMcCloud
07-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Don't you love how people feel this need to show how they are better than everyone else?

It's ridiculous. Gas grills are perfectly capable of providing excellent results. All about the grill master, the quality of beef, the seasoning, etc.

I've had crap burgers and chicken on gas and charcoal. The things I listed are far more important.

Silock
07-22-2013, 11:12 PM
It's ridiculous. Gas grills are perfectly capable of providing excellent results. All about the grill master, the quality of beef, the seasoning, etc.

I've had crap burgers and chicken on gas and charcoal. The things I listed are far more important.

Indeed.

Gas is way more convenient. Especially at my house, where it's hooked up to the natural gas line, and I don't even have to worry about propane tanks. Winning. No one ever complains about the quality of my steaks and burgers, and always compliments them. The prep is way more important.

GloryDayz
07-23-2013, 06:36 AM
Gas vs. Charcoal... Who cares as long as you're grilling...

Enjoy that new grill and grill-out most nights of the week!

R8RFAN
07-23-2013, 06:55 AM

I love my infrared gas grill and it makes a great steak, chicken, or pork chops...

mazrim1978
07-23-2013, 07:59 AM
Charcoal is the way to go imo,, although gas isn't cheating as bad as the treager, great easy cooking with that, even though my next grill is going to be a big Green egg. That's a grill Any man can be proud off!!!

jspchief
07-23-2013, 08:05 AM
Surprised by how many people say they grill with lump charcoal. It burns pretty unevenly, so anything cooked with direct heat is going to have hot spots.

That's the biggest advantage of briquettes. They burn very evenly.

tooge
07-23-2013, 08:18 AM
I bought my Good One for right at $1,000. Best grill and best smoker I have ever owned...best of all you can grill and smoke on the same unit at the same time.

The Good One is a great grill/smoker. My only problem with them is that the small sized one (for around $1000) simply doesn't hold much food. I like a smoker I can do a butt, a packer cut brisket, three slabs of ribs, and some chicken all at once. For that, I'd have had to go up to the next size Good one, and it was like $1600

Fire Me Boy!
07-23-2013, 08:23 AM
Surprised by how many people say they grill with lump charcoal. It burns pretty unevenly, so anything cooked with direct heat is going to have hot spots.

That's the biggest advantage of briquettes. They burn very evenly.

I have very few problems with hot spots on my grill, and I use almost exclusively lump charcoal.

Tytanium
07-23-2013, 08:41 AM
Indeed.

Gas is way more convenient. Especially at my house, where it's hooked up to the natural gas line, and I don't even have to worry about propane tanks. Winning. No one ever complains about the quality of my steaks and burgers, and always compliments them. The prep is way more important.

I doubt anyone could tell the difference if you gave them a double blind test, unless you used woodchips or something with smoke. For grilling (not smoking) there are things I like using charcoal for and there are things I like using gas for. If I come home from work hungry, I just want to fire up the grill and have it be ready immediately. Cleaning out ash sucks too. When I use charcoal, I want to cook a LOT of meat with it at once, hence a smoker.

R8RFAN
07-23-2013, 08:48 AM
Gas grills are great, if I want 10 hour smoked bbq I will just go out to eat.

mlyonsd
07-23-2013, 09:12 AM
Since grilling is such a short period of time to be over the fire I use gas. More convenient and I can't really tell the difference when you're only talking 10 -12 minutes.

I'll use my smoker if I'm going to be cooking any longer than that.

notorious
07-27-2013, 09:56 AM
When do stores put their grills on sale?

One of our grills is/was a Weber 300q, but the Kansas wind has annihilated it. I am thinking about replacing it with a 200q or another 300.

Does anyone have the 200?

Saulbadguy
07-27-2013, 10:10 AM
wow. this thread. woof.

Stewie
07-27-2013, 10:17 AM

One of our grills is/was a Weber 300q, but the Kansas wind has annihilated it. I am thinking about replacing it with a 200q or another 300.

I've never investigated the grills you mentioned. They seem pricey for what they are. The 200q uses the little propane cylinders, not the 20 lb. tanks like the 300q. I don't know if there's a way to adapt the 200q to use the large tanks.

notorious
07-27-2013, 10:22 AM
I've never investigated the grills you mentioned. They seem pricey for what they are. The 200q uses the little propane cylinders, not the 20 lb. tanks like the 300q. I don't know if there's a way to adapt the 200q to use the large tanks.

Thanks. They make an adapter for 20lb tanks.

They are expensive but they do a great job, and if they are not left out in the Kansas Wind they should last forever.

In58men
07-27-2013, 10:22 AM

Winter

notorious
07-27-2013, 10:23 AM
Winter

GTFO!

;)

DeezNutz
07-27-2013, 10:29 AM
The KS wind? What? Just get a decent grill cover.

Stewie
07-27-2013, 10:38 AM
This grill gets high ratings from Consumer Reports and gets their "best value" designation. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brinkmann-5-Burner-Gas-Grill-with-Side-Burner-Black/23148798

ghak99
07-27-2013, 10:41 AM
This grill gets high ratings from Consumer Reports and gets their "best value" designation. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brinkmann-5-Burner-Gas-Grill-with-Side-Burner-Black/23148798

For the money, that grill isn't bad. I've run a shit load of steaks and a pile of fish over one and if it blew up tomorrow it wouldn't owe me a dime.

notorious
07-27-2013, 10:54 AM
The KS wind? What? Just get a decent grill cover.

SW Kansas wind is 11tybillion times worse than East Kansas.

It laughs a grill covers, then it proceeds to toss the grill down a field 100-150 feet.

ghak99
07-27-2013, 11:42 AM
SW Kansas wind is 11tybillion times worse than East Kansas.

It laughs a grill covers, then it proceeds to toss the grill down a field 100-150 feet.

I watched it push one down the steps of a deck a few years ago while staying with friends. Apparently thier neighbor wasn't too friendly because they just passed around the beers and watched it push it across the deck until it rode the steps. LMAO

Ming the Merciless
07-27-2013, 01:12 PM
Winter

Now is the winter of YOUR discontent, my brother! Go back to masticating your chewy overcooked boeuf, lad.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRE8-ap0-ac6Lm97qaeQmpaN0v8mwH9oDtHTT7Y7-0qeVOTzffrBg