PDA

View Full Version : Football Matt Ryan signs extension

Pages : [1] 2

The Franchise
07-25-2013, 01:52 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 26m

Now Matt Ryan deal done, per Mort: 5-year, $103.75 million extension, including a whopping $59 million guaranteed.

ptlyon
07-25-2013, 01:54 PM
Holy mother of God.

Thank God we didn't pick him way back when, look at the money Clark saved.

Skyy God
07-25-2013, 01:54 PM
Pffft. He's no Glen Dorsey.

RealSNR
07-25-2013, 01:56 PM
It could be argued that we've been in one of our worst 5-year shit holes all because of a motherfucking coin flip.

the Talking Can
07-25-2013, 01:57 PM
jesus, we could draft like 4 RTs for that

BlackHelicopters
07-25-2013, 01:58 PM
59 mil guaranteed? He can afford to drive a Bentley AND buy a house.

RealSNR
07-25-2013, 01:59 PM

The guys in that true fan gif are going to go furiously masturbate to their new fantasy

Hammock Parties
he sucks, no better than Alex Smith /Dane

gblowfish
Falcons are one good blind side hit away from being out $60 million. Don't put that past the New Orleans Saints.

ptlyon

How about shoot his girlfriend?

DaneMcCloud

I'm fucking gay and retarded/GoChiefs

BlackHelicopters
07-25-2013, 02:00 PM
Falcons are one good blind side hit away from being out $60 million. Don't put that past the New Orleans Saints.

:hmmm:

Hammock Parties
I'm fucking gay and retarded/GoChiefs

I'm 12 years old /Dane

KC_Lee

And 6 more LSU D Linemen!!!

the Talking Can
07-25-2013, 02:02 PM

unless they're paying him $60 mill all in one year, no...

BigCatDaddy
LMAO All these "non elite" QB's are getting fat coin.

-King-

He can afford a house made of Bentleys!

DeezNutz
07-25-2013, 02:05 PM
I'd sacrifice 8 True Fans did get a QB of Ryan's caliber in KC. Given how pathetic our QBs have been since, well, damn near forever, fans would think he's a walking god.

the Talking Can
07-25-2013, 02:06 PM
I'd sacrifice 8 True Fans did get a QB of Ryan's caliber in KC. Given how pathetic our QBs have been since, well, damn near forever, fans would think he's a walking god.

i'd sacrifice 80,000, or whatever the capacity of arrowhead is...

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 02:06 PM
LMAO All these "non elite" QB's are getting fat coin.

Yeah, it's too bad a guy like Trent Green came along a decade too late.

The dude would be in the top three in terms of contracts with his numbers.

DeezNutz
07-25-2013, 02:07 PM
i'd sacrifice 80,000, or whatever the capacity of arrowhead is...

Every year having a legit chance to take a run at things because your fucking QB is a stud...

Wow. Wonder how the other half lives?

Dayze
07-25-2013, 02:10 PM
whoa.

RealSNR
07-25-2013, 02:11 PM

I remember when Carl was trying desperately to get under that $25 million guaranteed figure when Green was working out his extension.

That's fucking pocket change. Just insane how sharply QB contracts have risen in such a short time.

Frosty
07-25-2013, 02:12 PM
Matt Ryan has something in common with Trent Green - the constant pressure of having to overcome a shitty defense.

Hammock Parties
07-25-2013, 02:14 PM
People don't even realize how good Matt Ryan is.

To do what he did with no running game and a merely decent offensive line is awesome.

Falcons win a SB within 3 years is my guess. They were close last year.

BigCatDaddy
07-25-2013, 02:14 PM

Agreed.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Matt Ryan has something in common with Trent Green - the constant pressure of having to overcome a shitty defense.

The Atlanta Falcons were fifth in the league with only 18.7 points per game surrendered in 2012.

The Chiefs never had a defense in close to that during Green's tenure.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 02:18 PM

To do what he did with no running game and a merely decent offensive line is awesome.

Poor Matt Ryan.

:deevee:

It must suck to have to throw the ball to Tony Gonzalez, Julio Jones and Roddy White every week.

LMAO

Fucking retard.

Frosty
07-25-2013, 02:26 PM
The Atlanta Falcons were fifth in the league with only 18.7 points per game surrendered in 2012.

The Chiefs never had a defense in close to that during Green's tenure.

I was referring to the defense's propensity to collapse in the second half of games.

That's probably more on Mike Smith, though. The offense would build a decent lead and then go ultra-conservative in the second half. The defense would collapse in the second half and other team would come back. Ryan would then have to do one of his patented last second comebacks to win (or not, like at the Saints or against the 49ers in the playoffs).

Hammock Parties
07-25-2013, 02:28 PM
Poor Matt Ryan.

:deevee:

It must suck to have to throw the ball to Tony Gonzalez, Julio Jones and Roddy White every week.

LMAO

Fucking retard.

Most QBs crumble under the pressure of having no running game.

Not Ryan. No fucks given/5,000 yards.

Hammock Parties
07-25-2013, 02:28 PM
The guy threw over 600 passes last year and completed almost 70 percent of them.

This isn't no Alex Smith "i keep my attempts low so my percentage is high" circus.

Elite QB play, motherfucker. Do you have it?

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 02:29 PM

Sure they do.

LMAO

Tom Brady has been awful all these years. Same with Eli, Peyton and Rodgers. They all sucked when they didn't have a 1,000+ yard rusher.

Your football knowledge knows no bounds.

Hammock Parties
07-25-2013, 02:30 PM
Sure they do.

Tom Brady has been awful all these years. Same with Eli, Peyton and Rodgers. They all suck because they don't have a 1,000+ yard rusher.

LMAO

Football knowledge on display!

Tom Brady's running game has been quite good throughout his career.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 02:31 PM
The guy threw over 600 passes last year and completed almost 70 percent of them.

This isn't no Alex Smith "i keep my attempts low so my percentage is high" circus.

Elite QB play, motherfucker. Do you have it?

More dumbassery

BigCatDaddy
Jaws said #5. I think that's pretty close

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/atlanta-falcons/2013/jul/18/espns-jaworski-ranks-ryan-no-5-his-qb-countdown/

DaneMcCloud

LMAO

Yeah, that Danny Woodhead guy was explosive and amazing.

LMAO

Hammock Parties
More dumbassery

Alex Smith > Matt Ryan?

Hammock Parties
LMAO

LMAO

Are you brain dead? The Patriots had a 1200 yard rusher last season.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Are you brain dead? The Patriots had a 1200 yard rusher last season.

Are YOU brain dead?

The Atlanta Falcons were the 8th ranked rushing team in 2012.

JFC, you can't make this shit up.

LMAO

the Talking Can
07-25-2013, 02:36 PM
Ryan was the NFL offensive rookie of the year
took the falcons to a playoff game as a rookie while winning 11 games
won 56 games in his first 5 years
finished 1st or 2nd in division all 5 years
has carried the franchise, been the face of the franchise, since the first snap as a rookie...and missed 2 games in 5 years
threw for almost 5,000 yards last year, with almost 70% completion, while throwing the ball more than manning and rodgers
and was within an inch of the superbowl

in Trent Green's first 5 years, this happened:

so why are we comparing them again?

DeezNutz
07-25-2013, 02:39 PM
Ryan is 28-years-old. Now entering the fucking prime of his career.

Green was very solid in KC. I liked him, but making even loose comparisons between him and a franchise QB like Ryan is misguided.

MahiMike
07-25-2013, 02:41 PM

Choker

DaneMcCloud
Ryan was the NFL offensive rookie of the year
took the falcons to a playoff game as a rookie while winning 11 games
won 56 games in his first 5 years
finished 1st or 2nd in division all 5 years
has carried the franchise, been the face of the franchise, since the first snap as a rookie...and missed 2 games in 5 years
threw for almost 5,000 yards last year, with almost 70% completion, while throwing the ball more than manning and rodgers
and was within an inch of the superbowl

in Trent Green's first 5 years, this happened:
so why are we comparing them again?

Matt Ryan has won exactly ONE playoff game in Atlanta, despite the fact that he's got an elite receiving corp and a Top Ten defense.

If teams are willing to give players gigantic guaranteed money because their Fantasy Stats are awesome (i.e., Ryan and Stafford), then Trent Green most certainly would have been in the conversation of highest paid QB in the league.

MahiMike
When Alex Smith hears about this, he's gonna be pissed!

the Talking Can
07-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Matt Ryan has won exactly ONE playoff game in Atlanta, despite the fact that he's got an elite receiving corp and a Top Ten defense.

If teams are willing to give players gigantic guaranteed money because their Fantasy Stats are awesome (i.e., Ryan and Stafford), then Trent Green most certainly would have been in the conversation of highest paid QB in the league.

when did you become retarded?

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Ryan is 28-years-old. Now entering the fucking prime of his career.

Green was very solid in KC. I liked him, but making even loose comparisons between him and a franchise QB like Ryan is misguided.

Ryan's a great Fantasy Football player.

Until he proves that he can put a team on his back and win in the playoffs, that's all he'll ever be in my eyes.

He failed miserably in the 2012 NFC Championship game. He was incapable of putting his team in position to score a field goal in final 30 minutes of playing time.

Frosty
07-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Are YOU brain dead?

LMAO

I'm leery about getting in the middle of this but the Falcons were 29th in rushing (both in total yards and y/a).

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/ATL/atlanta-falcons

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/atl/2012.htm

The offense was ranked 8th overall.

DeezNutz
07-25-2013, 02:45 PM

Until he proves that he can put a team on his back and win in the playoffs, that's all he'll ever be in my eyes.

He failed miserably in the 2012 NFC Championship game. He was incapable of putting his team in position to score a field goal in final 30 minutes of playing time.

I'd honestly have to go back and watch the second half of that game again to comment. Bottom line is that the Falcons didn't score, but all sorts of factors go into this, of course.

He's an ascending player, though, and he's a top-5 QB in the league right now. His next 3 years are going to be ricockulous.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 02:46 PM
I'm leery about getting in the middle of this but the Falcons were 29th in rushing (both in total yards and y/a).

Mother of Fuck: I was looking at their Playoff rankings, not the regular season rankings.

Damn you all to hell, NFL.com!

:cuss:

BigCatDaddy
07-25-2013, 02:46 PM

LMAO

DeezNutz
07-25-2013, 02:47 PM
And there's no question that Ryan has great receiving weapons. But you know what makes these players even better?

Matt Ryan.

Holy shit...to have a QB this good...

the Talking Can
07-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Ryan has carried the falcons since the god damn day he arrived as a rookie and cleaned up Vick's shit pile...he carried their sorry asses to the playoffs as a rookie

they put the whole offense on his arm last year, and he just had his best year ever, was one of the best QBs in football by ANY measure (including performance in close games (please check stats)), and carried his team to within a fart of the superbowl

any implication that he isn't elite, or isn't worth the market rate for elite, or isn't as good as a journeyman Trent Green, is pathetically informed...absolute fucking idiocy

but what do you expect when chiefs fans talk about QBs...it never fucking changes

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 02:48 PM
I'd honestly have to go back and watch the second half of that game again to comment. Bottom line is that the Falcons didn't score, but all sorts of factors go into this, of course.

He's an ascending player, though, and he's a top-5 QB in the league right now. His next 3 years are going to be ricockulous.

We'll see. Gonzalez is definitely retiring after this season so that will likely hurt hit offensive numbers in 2014.

I think the guy is very good, I just don't see him as Elite. Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers would throw for 6,000 yards with those offensive weapons, IMO.

DeezNutz
07-25-2013, 02:49 PM
We'll see. Gonzalez is definitely retiring after this season so that will likely hurt hit offensive numbers in 2014.

I think the guy is very good, I just don't see him as Elite. Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers would throw for 6,000 yards with those offensive weapons, IMO.

Rodgers has had very similar weapons in GB, assuming their fucking TE ever stays on the field.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Ryan has carried the falcons since the god damn day he arrived as a rookie and cleaned up Vick's shit pile...he carried their sorry asses to the playoffs as a rookie

they put the whole offense on his arm last year, and he just had his best year ever, was one of the best QBs in football by ANY measure (including performance in close games (please check stats)), and carried his team to within a fart of the superbowl

any implication that he isn't elite, or isn't worth the market rate for elite, or isn't as good as a journeyman Trent Green, is pathetically informed...absolute fucking idiocy

but what do you expect when chiefs fans talk about QBs...it never fucking changes

LMAO

Michael Turner carried the 2008 team. Without him in 2009, they fell to 8-8. They've since added Julio Jones along with several other offensive players, replaced their offensive coordinator and STILL have only won a single playoff game (and by the skin of their teeth, I might add).

You're just another one of these fucking dipshits that looks at stats and says, "Wow, that guy is GREAT".

Fucking stupid.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 02:53 PM
Rodgers has had very similar weapons in GB, assuming their fucking TE ever stays on the field.

We'll have to disagree on that one. While Jennings might be comparable to White, he hasn't had a #1 like Julio Jones or as you mentioned, a TE like Gonzalez.

Plus, I just haven't seen Ryan pull plays out of his ass like Rodgers or Favre or Brady and so on. He's a pocket guy with great weapons but I've yet to really see him consistently manufacture plays.

Maybe I'm catching his games on the wrong days.

Frosty
07-25-2013, 02:53 PM

I would put Ryan under those guys but I think he is probably in the 6-7th range. He is definitely a top tier QB but he needs to cut down on his dumbass INTs and get better when the opposing defense puts pressure on him.

There aren't many QBs I would take over Ryan at this point, especially considering his age. He should be just going into his prime at this point.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 02:55 PM
I would put Ryan under those guys but I think he is probably in the 6-7th range. He is definitely a top tier QB but he needs to cut down on his dumbass INTs and get better when the opposing defense puts pressure on him.

There aren't many QBs I would take over Ryan at this point, especially considering his age. He should be just going into his prime at this point.

I think he's very good but I don't think he's Elite.

That said, Matthew Stafford, who just received a gigantic and unnecessary extension, is definitely a third tier guy if we're talking 1-5, 6-10, etc.

Talk about dumb interceptions.

Chief_For_Life58
Matt Ryan > Trent Green

the Talking Can
LMAO

Michael Turner carried the 2008 team. Without him in 2009, they fell to 8-8. They've since added Julio Jones along with several other offensive players, replaced their offensive coordinator and STILL have only won a single playoff game (and by the skin of their teeth, I might add).

You're just another one of these ****ing dipshits that looks at stats and says, "Wow, that guy is GREAT".

****ing stupid.

so, rookie QB winning nfl offense rookie award, going 11-5, and going to playoffs doesn't count for anything to Dane

winning 56 games over 5 years...nothing

going to NFC championship nothing...

but let me guess, you're excited about the backup QB we traded for, amirite?

when it comes to QB, you can guarantee Chiefs fans have the dumbest opinions in history...it will never, ever, change

BigCatDaddy
07-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Matt Ryan > Trent Green

I think Trent is getting pissed on a little much in this thread. He was a 5-10 guy in his best years.

Frosty
LMAO

You're just another one of these ****ing dipshits that looks at stats and says, "Wow, that guy is GREAT".

****ing stupid.

They finished 9-7 in 2009 and Ryan and Turner were both injured in the same game (week 12).

In Week 12, Matt Ryan suffered a turf toe injury during the game against Tampa Bay. Chris Redman stepped in and managed to win the game by connecting to Roddy White for a touchdown in the 4th quarter. Following this victory, however, the effect of Ryan's absence was compounded by injury to starting running back Michael Turner, and the Falcons suffered losses to both Philadelphia and New Orleans in Weeks 13 and 14. In Week 15, Ryan returned, despite not yet having fully recovered from his injury, and led Atlanta to a 10-7 upset win against the New York Jets.

In Week 16, the Falcons defeated the Buffalo Bills in a 31-3 win. Matt Ryan threw for 250 yards with 3 touchdowns, two of them to Roddy White. In the last game of the season, the Falcons defeated the Bucs 20-10.

With a record of 9-7, the Atlanta Falcons attained back to back winning seasons for the first time in franchise history.[53]

DaneMcCloud
so, rookie QB winning nfl offense rookie award, going 11-5, and going to playoffs doesn't count for anything to Dane

winning 56 games over 5 years...nothing

going to NFC championship nothing...

And not scoring a single point in the second half.

but let me guess, you're excited about the backup QB we traded for, amirite?

:spock:

when it comes to QB, you can guarantee Chiefs fans have the dumbest opinions in history...it will never, ever, change

You're fucking stupid.

Pepe Silvia
07-25-2013, 03:00 PM
Matt Ryan is overrated. End of Story.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 03:01 PM
They finished 9-7 in 2009 and Ryan and Turner were both injured in the same game (week 12).

Eh, from memory. But still, they failed to make the playoffs.

2009 was also the year the Bucs went 3-13.

DeezNutz
07-25-2013, 03:01 PM
We'll have to disagree on that one. While Jennings might be comparable to White, he hasn't had a #1 like Julio Jones or as you mentioned, a TE like Gonzalez.

Plus, I just haven't seen Ryan pull plays out of his ass like Rodgers or Favre or Brady and so on. He's a pocket guy with great weapons but I've yet to really see him consistently manufacture plays.

Maybe I'm catching his games on the wrong days.

From '04-'09, Donald Drivers' numbers are outstanding.

It's funny with Jones, who really stepped up his game in year two, because his statistics through his first two years are very comparable to Bowe, who has had nothing but trash to work with in KC.

DeezNutz
07-25-2013, 03:02 PM
I think Trent is getting pissed on a little much in this thread. He was a 5-10 guy in his best years.

Oh, he was outstanding, but his window of peak performance was just too short.

DaneMcCloud
From '04-'09, Donald Drivers' numbers are outstanding.

It's funny with Jones, who really stepped up his game in year two, because his statistics through his first two years are very comparable to Bowe, who has had nothing but trash to work with in KC.

Bowe is definitely an Elite receiver that no one really knows about. I sure hope that changes under Reid.

The Franchise
http://www.raybendici.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/MrBurns.gif

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 03:05 PM
Oh, he was outstanding, but his window of peak performance was just too short.

That preseason injury really damaged his legacy

Frosty
07-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Eh, from memory. But still, they failed to make the playoffs.

2009 was also the year the Bucs went 3-13.

True.

Ryan did have a bit of a sophomore slump, plus two of those losses are directly on Chris Redman, who started when Ryan was hurt.

However, they still accomplished something that had never happened in franchise history - back to back winning seasons.

I also think that some of the pressure is off of Ryan now that he has won a play-off game and he may not tighten up so much in the play-offs. However, part of the Falcons' success next year is going to depend on how much Stephen Jackson has left in the tank and if they can find a pass rush with Abraham gone.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 03:10 PM
True.

Ryan did have a bit of a sophomore slump, plus two of those losses are directly on Chris Redman, who started when Ryan was hurt.

However, they still accomplished something that had never happened in franchise history - back to back winning seasons.

I also think that some of the pressure is off of Ryan now that he has won a play-off game and he may not tighten up so much in the play-offs. However, part of the Falcons' success next year is going to depend on how much Stephen Jackson has left in the tank and if they can find a pass rush with Abraham gone.

Well, they signed Osi, so their pass rush shouldn't be much worse than last year. I still don't get the Steven Jackson signing. That seems to be a real "Boom or Bust" move.

But the bottom line is that Ryan will likely need to beat the likes of Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, RGIII, Colin Kaepernick, Drew Brees and maybe a guy like Jay Cutler or Tony Romo in order to advance further this year and quite frankly, I don't see that happening.

I can't see him or the Falcons in the Super Bowl.

vailpass
07-25-2013, 03:12 PM
I'm ****ing gay and retarded/GoChiefs

:D

Frosty
07-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Well, they signed Osi, so their pass rush shouldn't be much worse than last year. I still don't get the Steven Jackson signing. That seems to be a real "Boom or Bust" move.

But the bottom line is that Ryan will likely need to beat the likes of Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, RGIII, Colin Kaepernick, Drew Brees and maybe a guy like Jay Cutler or Tony Romo in order to advance further this year and quite frankly, I don't see that happening.

I can't see him or the Falcons in the Super Bowl.

Well, he beat Brees, Wilson and Romo last year. :)

Unfortunately, I kind of agree about the Falcons but for different reasons than you. He doesn't have strong team around him. Yes - Ryan's got good weapons to throw to but his o-line will likely be worse as will his running game. The defense wasn't great and pretty much held pat.

On the defense - yes, they were good early on (plus playing the AFC West helped the rankings) but opposing teams were figuring out Nolan's defense by the end of the season and they were getting gashed, particularly by rushing QB's (Cam, Wilson and Kaepernick all had big games late in the season).

Finally, Mike Smith is a Marty clone in that he is a good regular season coach who makes a ton of mistakes in the play-offs.

However, they at least have a shot of getting to the SB every year, as opposed to some teams I follow. :(.

DeezNutz
07-25-2013, 03:27 PM
There's a bit of a myth it seems about the quality of the Falcons as a team. They're consistently good for one reason.

ChiefsCountry
07-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Matt Ryan just turned 28. This year or next will be win he wins a Super Bowl or not IMO. Generally age 28 is when that happens. Right now he is in the prime of his career, we will see which path Ryan goes down.

OnTheWarpath15
07-25-2013, 03:34 PM

LMAO

Thread.

BossChief
07-25-2013, 03:36 PM
His 56 wins in his first 5 seasons (the NFL record) is just awe inspiring. Truly GREAT.

18 4th quarter comebacks? Out fucking standing.

You know what's the most impressive stat of his career thus far?

23 game winning drives!

In 5 years.

You know what's really sad?

Over those same 5 years, the Chiefs only have 25 wins TOTAL.

OnTheWarpath15
07-25-2013, 03:38 PM
His 56 wins in his first 5 seasons (the NFL record) is just awe inspiring. Truly GREAT.

18 4th quarter comebacks? Out fucking standing.

23 game winning drives!

In 5 years.

You know what's really sad?

Over those same 5 years, the Chiefs only have 25 wins TOTAL.

He's ass. /CP

ChiefsCountry
07-25-2013, 03:39 PM
He's ass. /CP

Well he has made a few of us eat a little crow. I wasn't a fan of him coming out of college.

Deberg_1990
Holy mother of God.

Thank God we didn't pick him way back when, look at the money Clark saved.

No doubt. So glad we beat the Bengals and Raiders in back to back games that year to secure the money savings for Clark.

Frosty

23 game winning drives!

In 5 years.

Some of them are simply incredible, too, like the one against the Bears a couple of years ago and last year against the Seahawks in the play-offs. :shake:

Frosty
07-25-2013, 03:41 PM
He's ass. /CP

Well, it's pretty much just Dane's new Captain Contrarian persona and a random Packers fan that is saying that now.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 03:43 PM
Well, it's pretty much just Dane's new Captain Contrarian persona and a random Packers fan that is saying that now.

I never said he was ass. I've said he's not Elite.

Big difference.

Good God, why does shit get so blown out of proportion around here lately?

Pablo
07-25-2013, 03:44 PM

Falcons win a SB within 3 years is my guess. They were close last year.Does anyone actually think he sucks? I can't imagine there are sane people who honestly believe he isn't a very good, young QB.

Frosty
07-25-2013, 03:45 PM
I never said he was ass. I've said he's not Elite.

Big difference.

I know. i was just poking the bear.

Good God, why does shit get so blown out of proportion around here lately?

Lately?

DeezNutz
07-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Well he has made a few of us eat a little crow. I wasn't a fan of him coming out of college.

CP understands the value of QB, but our ability to identify the studs coming out of college is pretty fucking suspect at this point, as evidenced by Ryan, Russell, and Smith's "backup."

But at least we know where great QBs can be found, unlike the dipshits who have operated the Chiefs since forever.

DeezNutz
07-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Does anyone actually think he sucks? I can't imagine there are sane people who honestly believe he isn't a very good, young QB.

Dane thinks he sucks shit and that Alex Smith is far superior.

BossChief
07-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Dane, You said Ryan isn't even worth 15 million and that he and Alex Smith "are basically the same player"

When you say things like that, they don't go away.

Like saying Ricky Stanzi is worth a late second as a prospect.

Know what I mean?

OnTheWarpath15
07-25-2013, 03:48 PM

It's not just this thread, it's been that way ever since I've joined.

Think of a good QB in this league, and this board does their damnedest to discredit them.

Roethlisberger
Eli
Ryan
Brady
Stafford
Peyton

Meanwhile excuse after excuse for Cassel when he came here, and now Smith.

Christ, I remember reading someone say they didn't like Aaron Rodgers because he takes too many sacks.

These people make Terri Schiavo look brilliant.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Dane thinks he sucks shit and that Alex Smith is far superior.

LMAO

Tombstone RJ
07-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Matt Ryan is a true "franchise QB" in that, you can build a team around him. This is why he's getting the money.

Hammock Parties
07-25-2013, 04:03 PM
Are YOU brain dead?

LMAO

Dane, you just stepped in shit my friend.

Wrong about the Patriots and their running game.

Wrong about the Falcons and their running game.

lol at you

Detestation
07-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Matt Ryan is a good QB. I still find it funny that people on this board will talk about elite QB's and mention Brady, Rodgers and Brees but not Peyton. Yeah, ok. I still think that, starting next year, Russell Wilson will be thought of as the best QB in the NFL. The kid is special. Here is my 2013 top 10:

1. Wilson
2. Rodgers
3. P. Manning
4. Brady
5. Kaepernick
6. Brees
7. E. Manning
8. Ryan
9. Roethlisberger
10. Luck

I think if any elite QB is overrated it is Drew Brees. I still think he's great, I just don't think he's in the same career breath as Brady and Manning. Overall body of work...those two are all-timers. I don't think Brees is an all-timer. There have been too many years where Brees' team hasn't won. Every single year Peyton and Tom win 12+ games. It's clock work. I laughed at the thread the other day where some Chiefs fan bet the Broncos wouldn't win 12 games. Last I looked Peyton Manning is on that team and at the very least he's the greatest regular season QB of all time. Betting Manning and Brady to win their divisions before the season has been easy money for over a decade now.

Russell Wilson is just the total package. Aaron Rodgers is flat out amazing but he does take too many sacks. When I predicted the 49ers to beat the Packers in the playoffs it was because the 49ers defense represented a terrible mismatch for Rodgers' sole flaw.

In all honesty, if I had to tier out my rankings, it would be this:

1. Russell Wilson
GAP
2. Manning/Brady/Rodgers
BIG GAP
3. Kaepernick
AND THEN
4. The Drew Brees tier: (Brees, Ryan, Eli, Roeth, Luck)

and then you have Flacco, Stafford, ALEX SMITH, Cutler, RGIII (probably should be in his own tier), Rivers, Dalton, etc...who you could arguably rank between 11-20 every single year and have a good argument to mix and match them anywhere. They all have talent, they all excel in certain areas, and they all have significant flaws that prevent them for being top 10 QB's. Most importantly, they all need "good bounces" to win anything meaningful...whereas the Wilson and Rodgers tiers can overcome "bad bounces" and still win meaningful games.

I need to see it one more year from Kaepernick as I think he depends a lot on playcalling and his legs whereas Wilson does not (his improvisation after the snap is just something no one else has...it's truly amazing), but I'm assuming Kaepernick will make the leap. I fully expect my 2014 top 10 to feature the:

1a/1b: Wilson/Kaepernick tier.

I will agree with The Talking Can that the ability of this board to judge QB play is horrendous. A lot of people consider Flacco elite because he had one very lucky stretch of games recently...in a season where a lot of Ravens fans were ready to move on from the Jekyll and Hyde of QB's. I honestly would feel no better as a Chiefs fan with Flacco as my QB in 2013 than I do with Smith. It would be the current 'meh' that I'm at with either one.

Oh yeah I left Cam Newton out. I'm going to put them in their own tier right beside the Flacco tier and call it the RGIII/Newton tier. RGIII has a health/gimmick flaw and Newton has a brain flaw.

By the way, I've never been so sure of something in my life. People have the inability to grasp things ahead of time...like when I said Carson Palmer was dogshit in 2009 and Mecca claimed he was MVP caliber...but I promise by 2015 (at the latest), when the question of "who is the best QB in the NFL" is asked...the overwhelming consensus by fans and media alike will be Russell Wilson.

His leadership, humble attitude, amazing physical skill, drive and will to win is something I've never really seen in the NFL. It's absolutely Brady like and he's far more talented than Tom Brady (that isn't a Brady bash, calm down). I'm so jealous of the next NFL "dynasty" Seattle Seahawks. Thank God they don't play in our division anymore. The NFC West is sick. I feel bad for Cardinals (ha!) and Rams (ha!) fans. Fortunately they basically don't exist anyways.

The Franchise
07-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Russell Wilson the best QB in the NFL? ROFL

Welcome back Hootie.

Brock
07-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Nice job noob. Lmao

Hammock Parties
07-25-2013, 04:14 PM
And that's why Hootie should NEVER be banned. Look at that awesome post.

Detestation
07-25-2013, 04:16 PM
Russell Wilson the best QB in the NFL? ROFL

Welcome back Hootie.

This is what I'm talking about.

The inability to project. In the playoffs, the defining moment for an NFL QB according to this board, there were two QB's who stuck out as truly elite and they were Wilson and Kaepernick.

Wilson clicked. Wilson figured it out. I guarantee you Wilson has a 13-3 kind of year where he just turns heads week in and week out...

and then in 2015 I get to laugh, like usual...

Just like I did with Carson Palmer a few years back.

You can be the best and not be a 10 year veteran. I'm not saying Russell Wilson is a hall of famer like Brees, Brady and Manning.

I'm saying that in 2013 he will be the best QB in the NFL. And that by 2015 people will finally start admitting it.

It's the same people who say Kobe is the best in the game because he has 5 rings. Uhm, no. That's not how that works. This isn't a body of work discussion. It's a 2013 discussion. In 2013, the best QB in the NFL will be Russell Wilson.

Tombstone RJ
07-25-2013, 04:18 PM
Matt Ryan is a good QB. I still find it funny that people on this board will talk about elite QB's and mention Brady, Rodgers and Brees but not Peyton. Yeah, ok. I still think that, starting next year, Russell Wilson will be thought of as the best QB in the NFL. The kid is special. Here is my 2013 top 10:

1. Wilson
2. Rodgers
3. P. Manning
4. Brady
5. Kaepernick
6. Brees
7. E. Manning
8. Ryan
9. Roethlisberger
10. Luck

...:

1a/1b: Wilson/Kaepernick tier.

I will agree with The Talking Can that the ability of this board to judge QB play is horrendous. A lot of people consider Flacco elite because he had one very lucky stretch of games recently...in a season where a lot of Ravens fans were ready to move on from the Jekyll and Hyde of QB's. I honestly would feel no better as a Chiefs fan with Flacco as my QB in 2013 than I do with Smith. It would be the current 'meh' that I'm at with either one.

Oh yeah I left Cam Newton out. I'm going to put them in their own tier right beside the Flacco tier and call it the RGIII/Newton tier. RGIII has a health/gimmick flaw and Newton has a brain flaw.

By the way, I've never been so sure of something in my life. People have the inability to grasp things ahead of time...like when I said Carson Palmer was dogshit in 2009 and Mecca claimed he was MVP caliber...but I promise by 2015 (at the latest), when the question of "who is the best QB in the NFL" is asked...the overwhelming consensus by fans and media alike will be Russell Wilson.

His leadership, humble attitude, amazing physical skill, drive and will to win is something I've never really seen in the NFL. It's absolutely Brady like and he's far more talented than Tom Brady (that isn't a Brady bash, calm down). I'm so jealous of the next NFL "dynasty" Seattle Seahawks. Thank God they don't play in our division anymore. The NFC West is sick. I feel bad for Cardinals (ha!) and Rams (ha!) fans. Fortunately they basically don't exist anyways.

That's a bold prediction about Wilson but I can respect it. Btw, your join date is 2013 so I assume you had another poster name back in 2009?

Coogs
07-25-2013, 04:18 PM
like when I said Carson Palmer was dogshit in 2009 and Mecca claimed he was MVP caliber

Since this is your 1st post, I guess I missed that conversation.

Detestation
07-25-2013, 04:23 PM
other than the Chiefs,

the NFC West just flat out fascinates me. Kaepernick and Wilson in the same division? Good lord. Both of those teams are winning at least 12 games.

I think Seattle may go 14-2. Best home field advantage in football.

Everyone is all like "who is Tom Brady going to throw to?" Give me a break. Great QB's make average WR's look superb. It's my Harrison/Kennison theory all over.

As long as Brady and Manning are healthy, they win their divisions. That's just what they do.

I think the Ravens, at best, go 8-8. I think they finish 6-10. I can't say I feel bad for Ravens fans (won a Super Bowl), but they are in for a pretty rough 3 years if you ask me. Great coach may overcome that. I think the team is just lacking talent. Flacco is a guy who COULD take the swagger leap from winning the Super Bowl, but I just think he's the same guy he's always been. Just ordinary. One week he'll make all-time throws...and the next week he'll be the worst QB in the NFL.

I think the Saints win 9 games tops as well. I just think the NFL has kind of figured out Brees...I still think he is elite, I just don't think he's ELITE ENOUGH to win 12 games year in and year out like Manning/Brady. And I think his team lacks talent. And I think they are an 8 win team. Falcons will probably win 11-12 again and take that underrated division (which will be fun with Brees, Ryan and Newton).

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 04:23 PM
Since this is your 1st post, I guess I missed that conversation.

It's Hootie

Detestation
07-25-2013, 04:28 PM
That's a bold prediction about Wilson but I can respect it. Btw, your join date is 2013 so I assume you had another poster name back in 2009?

I believe at the time I said things like:

Carson Palmer is just terrible. He's like a bad version of the 35 year old Drew Bledsoe. I also boldly stated I'd take Tyler Thigpen over Palmer which was stupid but honestly, if you'd add a bullet to the dome as the 3rd option I'd flip a coin between bullet and Palmer and be disappointed at the outcome either way.

There was a thread made around mid-season when the Bengals kept winning miracle games on their last drive (you know, kind of like 2011 and Tebow) and Mecca was like "Palmer should be MVP" which made me laugh.

You can't be MVP when you play like total shit for 3.5 quarters and then when the typical NFL defense plays "not to lose" (like dipshits) in that final drive in the 4th quarter and you drive your team to a victory...it's an abberation. It's not indicative to your skill at the QB level. Tebow wasn't "clutch" in 2011...Palmer wasn't "clutch" in 2010 (or 2009 I forget)...it's just a fatal flaw with NFL defenses late in games...it's fucking horrible coaching. And I hate it.

Either way...Palmer in Arizona will be a joke once again. He's just not good. All of the fantasy sites are pointing out he threw for over 4000 yards and 20 TD's in Oakland blah blah blah...uh no shit, because he piled those meaningless statistics up in the 4th quarter every week when they were down by 20. He was terrible, again, last year. He's not a good QB. He has no pocket presence, no feel, little accuracy, etc...

He's living off his name from his Heisman days / 1.5 good seasons early in his career pre injury. The Cardinals probably win 4 or 5 games, tops, in that amazingly tough and scary division.

Detestation
07-25-2013, 04:31 PM
It's Hootie

sometimes you need to admit things like:

"yeah, I was wrong about Ryan. He is elite. However, I don't think he's UBER elite."

instead of arguing just to argue.

I'd be able to take you more seriously.

However, I am on your side when it comes to Newton. I'd be truly excited if he was the Chiefs QB. He has the talent to be a hall of famer...but he really needs to grow up. Will it happen? I don't know.

and your sig is hilarious...

It's like the time in 2007 I AIM'd Clay and told him "man, Eli is starting to really look like a franchise QB" and then he berated me...

and then Eli won a Super Bowl that year.

Some day this board is going to stop ROFL'ing every time I release my yearly QB rankings.

Russell is a lock. He's unbelievable.

Tombstone RJ
07-25-2013, 04:32 PM
I believe at the time I said things like:

Carson Palmer is just terrible. He's like a bad version of the 35 year old Drew Bledsoe. I also boldly stated I'd take Tyler Thigpen over Palmer which was stupid but honestly, if you'd add a bullet to the dome as the 3rd option I'd flip a coin between bullet and Palmer and be disappointed at the outcome either way.

There was a thread made around mid-season when the Bengals kept winning miracle games on their last drive (you know, kind of like 2011 and Tebow) and Mecca was like "Palmer should be MVP" which made me laugh.

You can't be MVP when you play like total shit for 3.5 quarters and then when the typical NFL defense plays "not to lose" (like dipshits) in that final drive in the 4th quarter and you drive your team to a victory...it's an abberation. It's not indicative to your skill at the QB level. Tebow wasn't "clutch" in 2011...Palmer wasn't "clutch" in 2010 (or 2009 I forget)...it's just a fatal flaw with NFL defenses late in games...it's ****ing horrible coaching. And I hate it.

Either way...Palmer in Arizona will be a joke once again. He's just not good. All of the fantasy sites are pointing out he threw for over 4000 yards and 20 TD's in Oakland blah blah blah...uh no shit, because he piled those meaningless statistics up in the 4th quarter every week when they were down by 20. He was terrible, again, last year. He's not a good QB. He has no pocket presence, no feel, little accuracy, etc...

He's living off his name from his Heisman days / 1.5 good seasons early in his career pre injury. The Cardinals probably win 4 or 5 games, tops, in that amazingly tough and scary division.

Carson Palmer was never the same after his knee injury....

Detestation
07-25-2013, 04:32 PM
the AFC is still really shitty by the way

I'm counting on Luck taking his "leap"...

However, the only two real locks of the AFC to be in the postseason are New England and Denver. Everything else is up for grabs.

SAUTO
07-25-2013, 04:33 PM

could you imagine tom Brady doing the same thing? That never happens to an elite qb...
Posted via Mobile Device

Detestation
07-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Carson Palmer was never the same after his knee injury....

Shitty excuse.

Brady shredded his knee and his play never faltered.

If Palmer is that mentally weak, he was never destined for greatness anyways.

Detestation
07-25-2013, 04:34 PM
could you imagine tom Brady doing the same thing? That never happens to an elite qb...
Posted via Mobile Device

I hope you're being sarcastic.

tk13
07-25-2013, 04:34 PM
People argue about the inane human drama, but Hootie should be banned so I don't have to read how the midget is better than Aaron Rodgers because he had one 300 yard game against a horrible secondary in the playoffs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Detestation
07-25-2013, 04:36 PM
People argue about the inane human drama, but Hootie should be banned so I don't have to read how the midget is better than Aaron Rodgers because he had one 300 yard game against a horrible secondary in the playoffs.
Posted via Mobile Device

I love Aaron Rodgers. He's great.

But what has he done since his one memorable playoff run? Wilson and Kaepernick did something in the playoffs I've never really seen. Those two single-handedly were winning games. Even the game Wilson lost, he was the most amazing player on that field and it wasn't close.

I cannot wait for about week 10 this year when Wilson is the toast of the NFL.

Detestation
07-25-2013, 04:36 PM
I think the most impressive playoff performance Rodgers had was his loss to Arizona the Kurt Warner Super Bowl Larry Fitzgerald year. He was so, so, so, so, so good that game...he had the winner to Jennings too if Jennings didn't flatten out his route.

Detestation
07-25-2013, 04:41 PM
and tk13, I really do appreciate your insight on all things sports related. I think you're very level headed. I don't, however, ever remember you ever projecting anything.

I'm not even trying to make ridiculous statements so when they stick I can say "see, I told you."

I saw "it" from Wilson (and Kaepernick) in the playoffs and I've really never been more sure of anything than I am with Wilson

the dude will be the face of the NFL...and can anyone think of someone more perfect? He's brilliant, well spoken...fuck you Pioli.

Hammock Parties
Aaron Rodgers' defenses have been horrible his last two playoff runs.

Allowing 37 and 45 points to the opponent:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RodgAa00/gamelog/post/

He's a stud and will win at least one more SB before he retires.

SAUTO
I hope you're being sarcastic.

Dane said it.

never mind the fact Brady had it happen in the playoffs LAST YEAR...
Posted via Mobile Device

tk13
07-25-2013, 04:42 PM
Rodgers team went 15-1 the next year, it's not like they fell off. Their poor defense has caught up to them in the playoffs though.

Rodgers' best performance was also against the Falcons a couple years ago in the playoffs. The game where he only threw 5-6 incompletions. He was in another dimension. His performance during that stretch was probably the best stretch of QB play of the last decade.

Detestation
07-25-2013, 04:43 PM
and I think that is the biggest strike of any for Pioli, by the way.

Carrol went out and gave Flynn a bunch of money and still drafted a QB...Shanahan drafted 2. We signed Brady fucking Quinn...in the Andrew Luck/RGIII/Russell Wilson draft. Are you fucking kidding me? We couldn't even get Tannehill (who I still don't think is going to amount to anything special) as a consolation prize.

I'll eat a room full of fucking crow for blindly falling for the "executive of the decade" bullshit. Good Christ.

O.city
07-25-2013, 04:54 PM
I agree that Russel Wilson takes off this year even more, but I think Cam ends up being better.

Thats my bold prediction.

-King-
07-25-2013, 05:00 PM
A rookie has a great season and suddenly they're better than every QB in the league? Can you at least wait a few years before crowning him?

-King-
07-25-2013, 05:03 PM

But what has he done since his one memorable playoff run? Wilson and Kaepernick did something in the playoffs I've never really seen. Those two single-handedly were winning games. Even the game Wilson lost, he was the most amazing player on that field and it wasn't close.

Russell had one good game in the playoffs. You act like both of his games were great. He had 187 yards (57% completion) and 1 touchdown in the Redskins game. That same game Marshawn Lynch had 132 yards rushing and 1 TD with a 6.6 ypc average.

-King-
07-25-2013, 05:03 PM
I agree that Russel Wilson takes off this year even more, but I think Cam ends up being better.

Thats my bold prediction.

Cam will be better. If Cam was on the Seahawks last year, they would have made the superbowl.

O.city
07-25-2013, 05:05 PM
Cam will be better. If Cam was on the Seahawks last year, they would have made the superbowl.

Yeah, Cam on that team would be crazy.

I would absolutely trade 2 or 3 first rounders to the Panthers right now for Cam to come to KC and pair with Andy Reid.

DaneMcCloud
Posted via Mobile Device

Brady has won three Super Bowls and been to a total of five.

There's no questioning his ability.

Mr. Laz
lemme guess ... 100 posts bitching about quarterbacks?

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 05:07 PM
Dane said it.

never mind the fact Brady had it happen in the playoffs LAST YEAR...
Posted via Mobile Device

And once again, Tom Brady has won three Super Bowls and lost two more by a total of six points.

Once Matt Ryan has achieved that kind of success, no one will wonder if he's capable of overcoming such obstacles.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 05:09 PM

lol at you

Fuck off.

I wasn't strictly talking about the Patriots 2012 season. Go reread it, numbskull.

Secondly, Matt Ryan has had excellent run support in the past (Michael Turner) and still come up empty when it counted.

Dave Lane
07-25-2013, 05:09 PM
Inconceivable.

/Dane

Hammock Parties
07-25-2013, 05:11 PM
Fuck off.

I wasn't strictly talking about the Patriots 2012 season. Go reread it, numbskull.

Secondly, Matt Ryan has had excellent run support in the past (Michael Turner) and still come up empty when it counted.

Doesn't matter.

Throughout his career, Tom Brady has received support from decent-to-great running games.

He's rarely had a running game as bad as Matt Ryan's was last year.

You are wrong, own it.

lcarus
07-25-2013, 05:11 PM

I'm starting to realize the only QBs this board feels is worth a shit are Brady, Rodgers, Brees, and Geno fucking Smith.

RealSNR
07-25-2013, 05:12 PM

Wilson and Kaepernick were both (basically) rookie starting QBs in the playoffs. They each had incredible games. And I have a feeling we have yet to scratch the surface on how good they can be.

But you're way underselling Rodgers' performance in recent playoff appearances as well as his Super Bowl run. The game against the Falcons in his Super Bowl year was a thing of beauty. It was an art. He played the most beautiful game I've ever seen out of a QB.

Wilson and Kaepernick are both capable of doing what Rodgers did against the Falcons, but they haven't yet. So let's not even go there, mmkay?

SAUTO
07-25-2013, 05:13 PM
You even asked if we could imagine it happening to him. Its going to happen sometimes.

Maybe even in the playoffs.

Its silly to try and discredit the guy over it
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
07-25-2013, 05:19 PM

I agree Dane in this case.

DeezNutz
07-25-2013, 05:20 PM
By any metric, Ryan is a top-10 QB. There is a strong case that he's top 5.

He's elite. I mean, ****, I'd give DJ's Right Nut to ****ing have him in a Chiefs uniform.

Al Bundy
07-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Fuck Matty Ice and the Falcants. Bitch ass shit fan base.

BossChief
07-25-2013, 05:24 PM
I'd give up Alex, Bowe, Charles AND our next 2 first round picks for Matt Ryan.

In

A

Second

Hammock Parties
07-25-2013, 05:28 PM

In

A

Second

Odds are the balance of Bowe and Charles' careers are headed down the shitter thanks to Alex Smith anyway, so might as well get a youngish QB for them.

Chief_For_Life58
07-25-2013, 05:29 PM
anyone who doesnt think ryan is a elite qb is smoking crack

L.A. Chieffan
07-25-2013, 05:33 PM
Haha what a rip off! Falcons are the dumbest franchise I've seen in a while.

L.A. Chieffan
07-25-2013, 05:34 PM
The guy is a choker and doesn't deserve a quarter of that contract. Alex Smith is looking better and better.

O.city
07-25-2013, 05:42 PM

In

A

Second

Dunno about that.

ThaVirus
07-25-2013, 08:37 PM
As entertaining as it is to see Hootie fellate Russell Wilson, I think it'll be one more season before he's deemed elite. I think this next season he'll be an undeniable top 10 on everyone's list, then in 2015 he'll be near the top.

Of course, I'd expect Manning and Brady to either be gone or in their very last season at that point.

Simply Red
07-25-2013, 08:57 PM
The guy is a choker and doesn't deserve a quarter of that contract. Alex Smith is looking better and better.

Alex Smith? Who's he with ? Some weasel from Kicker Peabody

Saul Good
07-25-2013, 09:06 PM
**** off.

Turner has has exactly one standout season ever. He had a huge yard total in 2008, and he led the league in carries. Meanwhile, he was zero use catching the ball out of the backfield.

mcaj22
07-25-2013, 09:10 PM
yea Michael Turner is god damn garbage.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 09:10 PM
Turner has has exactly one standout season ever. He had a huge yard total in 2008, and he led the league in carries. Meanwhile, he was zero use catching the ball out of the backfield.

The discussion wasn't about his receiving skills but whether or not Ryan had proper run support, which Michael Turner provided early in his Falcon career.

It will be interesting to see how well Steven Jackson performs and if he has any gas left in the tank.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 09:27 PM

lol at you

Wrong about the Falcons and their running game with Matt Ryan?

Ah, no.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/5679/michael-turner

Michael Turner's stats over the past five years:

2008: 1,699 yards, 4.5 avg., 17 TD's
2009: 971 yards, 4.9 avg. 10 TD's (injury shortened season)
2010: 1,371 yards, 4.1 avg., 12 TD's
2011: 1,340 yards, 4.5 avg. 11 TD's
2012: 800 yards, 3.6 avg., 10 TD's

While it can be argued that last year, the Atlanta Falcons had poor production from their starting running back (who was replaced this offseason), which may have affected Ryan's stats (it didn't), it can't be argued that Matt Ryan hasn't benefited from playing with an upper-echelon running back four out of his five seasons in the league.

Suck it, Boba.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-25-2013, 09:28 PM
MotherFUCK Gonzales and Green in the ass already...who cares?

Saul Good
07-25-2013, 09:29 PM
The discussion wasn't about his receiving skills but whether or not Ryan had proper run support, which Michael Turner provided early in his Falcon career.

It will be interesting to see how well Steven Jackson performs and if he has any gas left in the tank.

Turner provided it once. Meanwhile, in Ryan's worst season of his career, he was 9-5 as a starter. He is 56-22 In his career having started every game but two.

The Patriots were 10-5 without Brady. The Falcons are 0-2 without Ryan.

Hammock Parties
07-25-2013, 09:30 PM

Ah, no.

Yes, you were.

I was talking only about 2012, as is clearly shown below:

The Falcons had one of the worst running games in the league.

You came in here and said they were 8th.

You ignorant POS.

BossChief
07-25-2013, 09:33 PM
When his running game fell off, he stepped his game up and took on a bigger role in the passing game and delivered BIG TIME.

Hammock Parties
07-25-2013, 09:34 PM
When his running game fell off, he stepped his game up and took on a bigger role in the passing game and delivered BIG TIME.

Yep, Dane is clueless.

O.city
07-25-2013, 09:35 PM
Ryan's great, but to be considered "elite", he has to do more in the playoffs.

He's not in the Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers class yet, but if you add the playoff success, he's got the regular season success down pat.

Saul Good
07-25-2013, 09:35 PM
Turner's two worst season in Atlanta were 2010 and 2012. Ryan went 26-6.

Hammock Parties
07-25-2013, 09:36 PM
Turner's two worst season in Atlanta were 2010 and 2012. Ryan went 26-6.

Dane's getting fucked up in this thread. LMAO

Tombstone RJ

Ah, no.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/5679/michael-turner

Michael Turner's stats over the past five years:

2008: 1,699 yards, 4.5 avg., 17 TD's
2009: 971 yards, 4.9 avg. 10 TD's (injury shortened season)
2010: 1,371 yards, 4.1 avg., 12 TD's
2011: 1,340 yards, 4.5 avg. 11 TD's
2012: 800 yards, 3.6 avg., 10 TD's

While it can be argued that last year, the Atlanta Falcons had poor production from their starting running back (who was replaced this offseason), which may have affected Ryan's stats (it didn't), it can't be argued that Matt Ryan hasn't benefited from playing with an upper-echelon running back four out of his five seasons in the league.

Suck it, Boba.

lol, so you are saying Ryan is overrated because he's had a good running game behind him? That's about the dumbest crap you can pull out of your ass. So, I guess Ryan is gonna suck even worse this coming year with Steven Jackson toting the rock?

DaneMcCloud
Turner provided it once. Meanwhile, in Ryan's worst season of his career, he was 9-5 as a starter. He is 56-22 In his career having started every game but two.

The Patriots were 10-5 without Brady. The Falcons are 0-2 without Ryan.

Turner has had three seasons of more than 1,300 yards rushing. That's pretty good.

The Falcons are 0-2 without Ryan because they had Chris Redman, who's awful, as their backup. I would imagine that with Sean Renefree and Dominique Davis as their backups, a similar record would occur if Ryan were to be injured and out for a game(s).

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 09:37 PM
lol, so you are saying Ryan is overrated because he's had a good running game behind him? That's about the dumbest crap you can pull out of your ass. So, I guess Ryan is gonna suck even worse this coming year with Steven Jackson toting the rock?

Fuck no and Fuck You.

Read the thread, you dumbfuck donkey.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 09:37 PM
Dane's getting fucked up in this thread. LMAO

How so? By refuting the bullshit you continue to spew?

Matt Ryan's running game, outside of 2012, has been just fine.

So why is he 1-4 in the playoffs?

Saul Good
07-25-2013, 09:39 PM
Turner has had three seasons of more than 1,300 yards rushing. That's pretty good.

The Falcons are 0-2 without Ryan because they had Chris Redman, who's awful, as their backup. I would imagine that with Sean Renefree and Dominique Davis as their backups, a similar record would occur if Ryan were to be injured and out for a game(s).

In two of those seasons he had to lead the league in carries. 1300 yards on 320+ carries is pedestrian.

Hammock Parties
07-25-2013, 09:39 PM

The point, retard, is that we were only talking about 2012 to begin with.

Christ, you're dense.

You also thought Tom Brady's running game has been bad over the years...which of course is completely false.

Stupid, stupid Dane.

Exit the thread now, is my recommendation.

Saul Good
07-25-2013, 09:40 PM

So why is he 1-4 in the playoffs?

Because he wins enough games to get first round byes. He doesn't get to beat up on rummies. That matters.

BossChief
07-25-2013, 09:42 PM
:popcorn:

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 09:42 PM
Because he wins enough games to get first round byes. He doesn't get to beat up on rummies. That matters.

That's not exactly true.

The Falcons lost a Wild Card game to the Giants in 2011 (2010 season).

They barely beat the Seahawks at home this past January, 30-28.

O.city
07-25-2013, 09:44 PM
IIRC, Manning started off losing playoff games early too, so I don't think you can write him off yet (no one is I don't think). He should take off this year if his career path is the same as other QB's of his caliber.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 09:44 PM
The point, retard, is that we were only talking about 2012 to begin with.

Christ, you're dense.

You also thought Tom Brady's running game has been bad over the years...which of course is completely false.

Stupid, stupid Dane.

Exit the thread now, is my recommendation.

Really? When did you specifically state that you were referring to 2012? And why have you ignored the fact that I mentioned not only Tom Brady's career, but Aaron Rodgers as well?

Or are you going to tell us that Aaron Rodgers has benefited from an good running game over the years?

YOU were the person that stated that Matt Ryan would have been even better than he's been, had he benefited from a good running game. The fact of the matter is that he's had his most successful season (playoff winner) with his weakest ground game.

Huh.

notorious
07-25-2013, 09:45 PM
Yawn.

Call me when Ryan wins a Super Bowl.

Hammock Parties
07-25-2013, 09:46 PM
Really? When did you specifically state that you were referring to 2012?

I detailed it for you a couple posts ago. LMAO

Stop being dense.

mcaj22
07-25-2013, 09:46 PM
doesnt saying "The Falcons (and Matt Ryan)" barely beat the Seahawks, one of the most talented rosters and hyped teams in the NFL actually credit for Matt Ryan and why he is good?

Matt Ryan put them in position to win that game after his pile of shit defense gave up 20 points in the 4th quarter

which by the way, The Falcons shipped off most of the turds that were at fault for that (John Abraham, Dunta Robinson, etc)

We sadly signed one of those washed up scrubs

So I guess it comes full circle, thanks Matt Ryan for carrying a bunch of shitty players and make them look better than they are, at least on your defense

Tombstone RJ
07-25-2013, 09:47 PM
**** no and **** You.

Read the thread, you dumb**** donkey.

so, you didn't say this?:

**** off.

:doh!:

Tombstone RJ
07-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Yawn.

Call me when Ryan wins a Super Bowl.

Yawn, call me when kc wins a playoff game.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 09:49 PM
so, you didn't say this?:

:doh!:

Hey Dipshit, GoAnus is the guy that said Matt Ryan would have been even better if he had a better running game.

The fact of the matter is that Matt Ryan's ground support, outside of 2012, has been more than adequate.

Hammock Parties
07-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Hey Dipshit, GoAnus is the guy that said Matt Ryan would have been even better if he had a better running game.

I didn't say that at all. LMAO

You are being retarded.

the Talking Can
07-25-2013, 09:51 PM
matt ryan....not good enough for chiefs fans

49ers backup QB...good enough for chiefs fans

or wait, even better, Turner made Ryan...all his success since entering the league is dependent on the the slowest RB in the league...fucking brilliant

just so we don't forget Ryan...Ryan isn't good enough - SAYS A CHIEFS FAN....marinate on that shit

BossChief
Robinson is gonna cost us 2 games.

Watch

Saul Good
That's not exactly true.

The Falcons lost a Wild Card game to the Giants in 2011 (2010 season).

They barely beat the Seahawks at home this past January, 30-28.

The Falcons lost to the Packers in the 2010 season playoffs. They gave up 48 points. The Packers went on to win the Superbowl.

I shouldn't have to fact check everything you say, but I do...because you're wrong on a regular basis...about stuff that's simple to research.

Hammock Parties
07-25-2013, 09:52 PM
I shouldn't have to fact check everything you say, but I do...because you're wrong on a regular basis...about stuff that's simple to research.

He thought Danny Woodhead was Tom Brady's starting running back.

I mean, fuck.

Come on, Dane.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 09:53 PM
The Falcons lost to the Packers in the 2010 season playoffs. They gave up 48 points. The Packers went on to win the Superbowl.

2011 NFL Playoffs: NY Giants 24, Atlanta Falcons 2.

The Falcons were a wildcard team.

Saul Good
07-25-2013, 09:55 PM

That was the 2011 season...another Superbowl winning team knocked the Falcons out of the playoffs.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 09:56 PM
That was the 2011 season...another Superbowl winning team knocked the Falcons out of the playoffs.

They still played a Wild Card game, didn't they?

Saul Good
07-25-2013, 09:57 PM

You've referenced the Giants loss and the 49ers loss...interestingly enough, both teams scored 24 points.

Does anyone here know Alex Smith's record when the opponent scores 24 or more points? Anyone at all?

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 09:58 PM
I didn't say that at all. LMAO

You are being retarded.

No, that title belongs to you:

Yes, you did.

And if you'll note, I stated specifically (in jest):

Sure they do.

LMAO

Tom Brady has been awful all these years. Same with Eli, Peyton and Rodgers. They all sucked when they didn't have a 1,000+ yard rusher.

-King-
07-25-2013, 09:58 PM

Watch

A nickleback is going to cost us two games? LMAO

Saul Good
07-25-2013, 09:59 PM
They still played a Wild Card game, didn't they?

Yes. Ryan is 1-1 in such games. They have been to at least the second round of the playoffs three times in his five seasons.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 10:02 PM
Yes. Ryan is 1-1 in such games. They have been to at least the second round of the playoffs three times in his five seasons.

And 1-4 overall.

Once again, I've never said the guy sucked or wasn't a good QB. I've said that, I personally, don't believe him to be Top Tier (or Top Five) Elite.

It's funny how people want to argue that fact with stats, when the bottom line is really his playoff record and playoff performance.

2 points against the Giants. Zero points in the second half, at home, against the 49ers.

I'm sorry, but those numbers don't spell E-L-I-T-E to me.

O.city
Had we drafted Matt Ryan instead of Dorsey and he had done the same things here that he's done in Atlanta, wins, stats etc wise, we'd be ecstatic.

mcaj22

Watch

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201211110nor.htm

the left side was Dunta's that game

Short Left (10/11, 99 yards, 1 TD)
Deep Left (2/3, 65 yards)

he will single handed lose us at least 1 game by himself this year

Saul Good
07-25-2013, 10:03 PM
And 1-4 overall.

Once again, I've never said the guy sucked or wasn't a good QB. I've said that, I personally, don't believe him to be Top Tier (or Top Five) Elite.

It's funny how people want to argue that fact with stats, when the bottom line is really his playoff record and playoff performance.

2 points against the Giants. Zero points in the second half, at home, against the 49ers.

I'm sorry, but those numbers don't spell E-L-I-T-E to me.

You said he wasn't worth $15 million and that they were as likely to cut him as they were to sign him to an extension.

mcaj22
07-25-2013, 10:03 PM
A nickleback is going to cost us two games? LMAO

Flowers is dropping down to the nickel

so Dunta will still be on the field like 60 percent of the time regardless

nickel formation/pass defenses are now like 50%+ of the snaps/the norm now in the pass happy league

he will be out there and getting beat like a drum a lot.

Think Stanford Routt, but worse

ColinBarton23
07-25-2013, 10:04 PM
Way to much money.... But Id take him lol

TimeForWasp
07-25-2013, 10:05 PM

Dexter kicks ass.

ColinBarton23
07-25-2013, 10:08 PM
Hes worth more then Flacco in my opinion. So I guess its fair.

mcaj22
07-25-2013, 10:09 PM
i still laugh at that draft where Pioli said the Falcons trading up for Julio Jones was silly when there was no drop off in talent between him and Baldwin

yea great evaluation Scooter

ChiefsCountry
07-25-2013, 10:11 PM
i still laugh at that draft where Pioli said the Falcons trading up for Julio Jones was silly when there was no drop off in talent between him and Baldwin

yea great evaluation Scooter

That was Belichick that said that.

mcaj22
07-25-2013, 10:12 PM
That was Belichick that said that.

same thing, same shit fraud tree of shit philosophy of terrible evaluators that lucked ass backwards into a QB

ThaVirus
07-25-2013, 10:13 PM
Flowers is dropping down to the nickel

Wait..

So in nickel formations, Dunta Robinson and Sean Smith will be our "starting" corners?

mcaj22
07-25-2013, 10:14 PM
Wait..

So in nickel formations, Dunta Robinson and Sean Smith will be our "starting" corners?

that's what i read, i mean neither of them can cover the slot and Javier Arenas was traded for a washing machine so who the **** else is going to cover it

ThaVirus
07-25-2013, 10:16 PM
I'm not sure I like that. Flowers has the stature of a nickel CB but I'm not sure he has the quickness.

Whatevskis. I guess we'll see how that plays out.

BossChief
07-25-2013, 10:16 PM
Who knows what Baldwin could have been had he been paired with a quarterback like Matt Ryan.

Saul Good
07-25-2013, 10:18 PM
same thing, same shit fraud tree of shit philosophy of terrible evaluators that lucked ass backwards into a QB

The Patriots won a playoff game in 2001 without Brady and went 11-5 without him when he blew out his knee.

If they're so lucky, why do they keep right on rolling when he goes down?

Hammock Parties
Yes, you did.

I didn't say that.

You're lying through your teeth. The post you quoted isn't even close to me saying that.

I gave Ryan credit for being awesome last year despite having no running game, then you came in here and said his running game was ranked 8th in the league.

Are YOU brain dead?

LMAO

You are a fucking idiot, Dane.

Own it.

DeezNutz
Who knows what Baldwin could have been had he been paired with a quarterback like Matt Ryan.

I'm guessing a slow, poor route runner who cannot separate from NFL DBs, but that's pure fact on my part.

Saul Good
07-25-2013, 10:20 PM
Are YOU brain dead?

LMAO

Evidently you CAN make this shit up...because you just did.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 10:21 PM
I didn't say that.

You're lying through your teeth. The post you quoted isn't even close to me saying that.

I gave Ryan credit for being awesome last year despite having no running game, then you came in here and said his running game was ranked 8th in the league.

And I said that Rodgers, Eli and Rodgers had all done the same.

The comment about 8th didn't come until way after that.

You can't even follow a thread.

mcaj22
07-25-2013, 10:22 PM
The Patriots won a playoff game in 2001 without Brady and went 11-5 without him when he blew out his knee.

If they're so lucky, why do they keep right on rolling when he goes down?

well when your team cheats and fleeces old clueless owners out of hall of fame WR for peanuts, you can still get by

oh and when you have the leftovers of someone elses players you can win too.

they didnt win those games by any players Bill Belicheck evaluated and found thats for ****ing damn sure

Hammock Parties
And I said that Rodgers, Eli and Rodgers had all done the same.

That's fine, they're good quarterbacks too.

Most quarterbacks cannot do what Ryan did last year, that is my point.

Getting it, yet, or still trying to figure out that Danny Woodhead wasn't the best RB on the Patriots?

notorious
Yawn, call me when kc wins a playoff game.

Don't hold your breath. :D

DaneMcCloud
Evidently you CAN make this shit up...because you just did.

I misread a stat and I owned up to that.

What I didn't misread or incorrectly state that other Elite QB's have had fine seasons without the need for a 1,000 yard rusher.

Since that post, GoAnus has squirmed and tried to manipulate my words to his favor, as usual.

Saul Good
Tell us more about how the Patriots couldn't run the ball last year...only scraping together 2200 yards.

DeezNutz
07-25-2013, 10:23 PM
I'd take Ryan over Eli every single time. And Eli doesn't suck.

Hammock Parties
07-25-2013, 10:23 PM
Tell us more about how the Patriots couldn't run the ball last year...only scraping together 2200 yards.

Danny Woodhead!

/Dane

BossChief
07-25-2013, 10:24 PM
I'm guessing a slow, poor route runner who cannot separate from NFL DBs, but that's pure fact on my part.

Probably right. It's possible that he would have worked harder at his craft under competent coaching and a real quarterback.

Saul Good
07-25-2013, 10:25 PM
I misread a stat and I owned up to that.

What I didn't misread or incorrectly state that other Elite QB's have had fine seasons without the need for a 1,000 yard rusher.

Since that post, GoAnus has squirmed and tried to manipulate my words to his favor, as usual.

Now you're trying to play semantics with the "a 1000 yard rusher" bit...as if a team that runs for 2000 yards doesn't have a strong running game if their leading rusher only has 900 yards. You're in way over your head, Dane.

Saul Good
07-25-2013, 10:26 PM
Danny Woodhead!

/Dane

But he got 76 of their 523 carries last year...

DeezNutz
07-25-2013, 10:27 PM
Probably right. It's possible that he would have worked harder at his craft under competent coaching and a real quarterback.

He lacks speed and quickness, so I honestly believe he could be about as precise with his routes as possible and still be mediocre. Dude just fucking sucks. Doesn't have the skills to be in the league.

Motherfuck, Pioli might be the biggest fraud in professional sports history. Armstrong is far more legitimate than Pioli. Fuck.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 10:29 PM
That's fine, they're good quarterbacks too.

Most quarterbacks cannot do what Ryan did last year, that is my point.

Elite QB's should be able to do just that as well as actually win playoff games.

Unless you're comparing him to Matthew Stafford, another overpaid Fantasy Football QB with a weak run game in 2012.

BossChief
07-25-2013, 10:30 PM
I'd take Ryan over Eli every single time. And Eli doesn't suck.

It's close.

I'd probably take Ryan because of the age difference, though.

O.city
07-25-2013, 10:31 PM
I'd take Cam Newton over both of them right now.

(Ducks for cover)

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 10:33 PM
Now you're trying to play semantics with the "a 1000 yard rusher" bit...as if a team that runs for 2000 yards doesn't have a strong running game if their leading rusher only has 900 yards.

Semantics? It's what I initially stated and what set off this whole silly debate.

You're in way over your head, Dane.

Fuck off, you venomous maggot. You were already proven to be incorrect once in this thread, yet you fucking "White Knight" GoAnus constantly.

I'm guessing that's because you're a fucking gigantic pussy in real life, so you get your kicks by trying to prove other people wrong on an internet forum.

Furthermore, it's a matter of opinion about Ryan. He's 1-4 in the playoffs.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 10:34 PM

I wasn't talking about last year, you fucking cunt. I was referring to their careers as a whole.

Go back and read my quote, Dumbass.

Saul Good
07-25-2013, 10:35 PM
Semantics? It's what I initially stated and what set off this whole silly debate.

**** off, you venomous maggot. You were already proven to be incorrect once in this thread, yet you ****ing "White Knight" GoAnus constantly.

I'm guessing that's because you're a ****ing gigantic pussy in real life, so you get your kicks by trying to prove other people wrong on an internet forum.

Furthermore, it's a matter of opinion about Ryan. He's 1-4 in the playoffs.

What have I been proven wrong on? I've been pointing out your errors left and right.

Saul Good
07-25-2013, 10:35 PM
I wasn't talking about last year, you ****ing ****. I was referring to their careers as a whole.

Go back and read my quote, Dumbass.

The Patriots have been in the top half of the league in rushing 8 times in the past 10 seasons, you fucking dunce.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 10:37 PM
The Patriots have been in the top half of the league in rushing 8 times in the past 10 seasons, you fucking dunce.

And I said, specifically, 1,000 yard rusher.

Cunt.

GoAnus is the person that once again, spun this in his favor.

And you just keep sucking his dick.

notorious
07-25-2013, 10:38 PM
I'd take Cam Newton over both of them right now.

(Ducks for cover)

Give that kid a coach and he will win a Super Bowl.

Saul Good
07-25-2013, 10:39 PM

GoAnus is the person that once again, spun this in his favor.

And you just keep sucking his dick.

Yes...and having a single rusher as a qualifier is your attempt at semantics. You can have a great rushing attack even if one guy doesn't get all of the carries.

Hammock Parties

No, this is what you said:

Sure they do.

LMAO

Tom Brady has been awful all these years.

That was in response to me saying "most QBs crumble without a running game."

You thought that Tom Brady had no running game all these years?

Really?

Do you watch the NFL?

BossChief
Here comes the blame shift

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-25-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm guessing that's because you're a fucking gigantic pussy in real life, so you get your kicks by trying to prove other people wrong on an internet forum.

:hmmm:

Paaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht....

meet,

Kehhhhhhhhhhhhhttle...

http://replygif.net/i/1129.gif

Saul Good

Time to play Dane Bingo?

DaneMcCloud

And once again, you fucking FAIL to post the entire post:

Sure they do.

LMAO

You can go fuck yourself you think you're going to continue to mis-quote me.

Saul Good
07-25-2013, 10:41 PM
This is just sad now.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 10:41 PM

Fuck you. GoAnus continues to misquote me. It's fucking ridiculous.

I said exactly what I said.

Sure they do.

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 10:42 PM
This is just sad now.

Yeah, it's sad that I said what I said, yet GoAnus continues to twist my words.

Hammock Parties
07-25-2013, 10:43 PM
Tom Brady has played with four 1,000-yard rushers in his career, and another guy who had 982 yards.

Matt Ryan has played with only three 1,000-yard rushers.

We can do this all night, Dane.

You were wrong. So very wrong.

"Danny Woodhead."

Saul Good
07-25-2013, 10:43 PM
So Dane...is it really your contention that a team must have a 1,000 yard rusher to have a strong rushing attack even if they rank in the top half of the league in rushing?

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 10:45 PM
Tom Brady has played with four 1,000-yard rushers in his career, and another guy who had 982 yards.

Matt Ryan has played with only three 1,000-yard rushers.

We can do this all night, Dane.

You were wrong. So very wrong.

"Danny Woodhead."

What the fuck are you talking about?

First, you said that Ryan would have been better if he had better run support. I countered by saying that Brady, Eli, Rodgers and others all had great seasons without the benefit of a 1,000 yard rusher.

And by the way, Ryan had his BEST season WITHOUT a 1,000 yard rusher and with a very low ranked rushing attack.

So what's YOUR point?

MY point is that Tom Brady and the others have been very successful WITHOUT a 1,000 yard back.

JFC.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 10:45 PM
So Dane...is it really your contention that a team must have a 1,000 yard rusher to have a strong rushing attack even if they rank in the top half of the league in rushing?

:banghead:

You're fucking stupid beyond belief.

Hammock Parties
07-25-2013, 10:46 PM
Dane, do you deny that you thought Tom Brady had no running game?

Look at this! I stated a fact, and you acted as if it wasn't true!

LMAO

Danny Woodhead was never the Patriots leading rusher even once.

Do you deny that this was you stepping in a gigantic pile of shit, or what?

Hammock Parties
07-25-2013, 10:47 PM
First, you said that Ryan would have been better if he had better run support.

I did not say this. Please quote me saying this. It did not happen.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 10:48 PM
Dane, do you deny that you thought Tom Brady had no running game?

Look at this! I stated a fact, and you acted as if it wasn't true!

Do you deny that this was you stepping in a gigantic pile of shit, or what?

Is that what I said? No.

Nowhere did I state that Tom Brady didn't benefit from a strong running game in 2012.

I made a joke about Danny Woodhead and of course, you read your own little nonsense into it.

Do I have to spell out everything for you?

Hammock Parties
07-25-2013, 10:49 PM
I made a joke about Danny Woodhead

LMAO

This is as close as we will get to you admitting you were wrong.

So I'll take it.

Saul Good
Atlanta was 29th in the league in rushing...fucking 29th. They were 24th in total defense.

They went 13-3 and made it to the NFC Championship game.

The Falcons probably thought about cutting him because he wasn't worth $15million...right before the paid him a billion.

DaneMcCloud
I did not say this. Please quote me saying this. It did not happen.

It happened just as much as I said that the Patriots didn't have a strong running game last year.

See how that works?

Saul Good
07-25-2013, 10:50 PM
:banghead:

You're ****ing stupid beyond belief.

Answer the question.

DaneMcCloud
LMAO

This is as close as we will get to you admitting you were wrong.

So I'll take it.

Please point out where I stated anything specifically about the 2012 season, or the Patriots run game in 2012.

You're insufferable. Seriously.

DaneMcCloud
Answer the question.

I'll answer your stupid fucking questions after you go fuck yourself on a webcam site.

Hammock Parties
07-25-2013, 10:51 PM
Hey guys, if I ever get anything wrong around here, please know:

I'm just making a joke!

mcaj22
07-25-2013, 10:51 PM
Falcons defense was so bad, like worse than the Chiefs.

Matt Ryan carries that shit team

Hammock Parties
07-25-2013, 10:52 PM

Tom Brady carries his teams too, especially when they have top 10 running attack.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 10:54 PM

Maybe I can't read stats but this says they were 8th in the league in points allowed.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_GAME_AVG&tabSeq=2&season=2012&role=OPP&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&qualified=false

mcaj22
07-25-2013, 10:54 PM
the Falcons starting DEs are Kroy Bierman and Osi

that is terrible. Chiefs fans would be sick if those were our pass rushers. Be glad we are fortunate to watch the Tamba Halis and Justin Houstons